PDA

View Full Version : Hibs are 2-0 up...

Keith_M
11-02-2022, 11:39 AM
I'm sitting in the cafe at Hampden and they're showing the 2007 League cup final on the TV.

Hibs are currently winning 2-0... I hope we can hold on. 😏

JimBHibees
11-02-2022, 11:42 AM
I'm sitting in the cafe at Hampden and they're showing the 2007 League cup final on the TV.

A glorious day :flag:

Keith_M
11-02-2022, 11:49 AM
You'll never believe this but they're now showing our 1991 win.

They must have recognized me and chose those games just for me

😁

Irish_Steve
11-02-2022, 11:49 AM

Aww man, no plot spoilers, I was just about to watch that.......

Keith_M
11-02-2022, 11:51 AM
Aww man, no plot spoilers, I was just about to watch that.......

I won't tell you the ending.... just that it snows at some point

leith lynx
11-02-2022, 03:46 PM

I must tell you it ends in tears

lugz
11-02-2022, 03:51 PM
Can't have just been me when killie made it 3-1 went oh no hahaha.

Keith_M
11-02-2022, 04:04 PM

It was most of us. 😁

Bridge hibs
11-02-2022, 04:40 PM

Hibs are currently winning 2-0... I hope we can hold on. 😏I watched that game a few days ago, power, skill, pace and excellent finishing. Big Jones at the back with the classy Murphy at left back, Stevenson in Midfield with Brown, Sproule on the wing, Fletch and Benji up front, add in rain, sleet, snow and of course, Sunshine on Leith, glorious day

Glory Lurker
11-02-2022, 05:56 PM

I'm pretty sure Rob MacLean said something like "there'll be Hibs fans who think they're going to lose from here". The thought did go through my mind briefly at the match, but we were so dominant I didn't worry.

What I thought was interesting about that comment was that it nodded to Hibs fans being particularly negative. We wonder if we might be the moaniest fans, and tell ourselves that all teams' fans are moany. Maybe MacLean was reflecting a general football view that we are the worst?

Keith_M
11-02-2022, 07:00 PM
I'm pretty sure Rob MacLean said something like "there'll be Hibs fans who think they're going to lose from here". The thought did go through my mind briefly at the match, but we were so dominant I didn't worry.

What I thought was interesting about that comment was that it nodded to Hibs fans being particularly negative. We wonder if we might be the moaniest fans, and tell ourselves that all teams' fans are moany. Maybe MacLean was reflecting a general football view that we are the worst?

Or maybe we're just fans of the club that have appeared in twenty five League Cup and Scottish Cup Finals and only won six of them... a 75% loss rate.

Does tend to make you feel a bit negative about our chances, even when you're winning 3-1

:wink:

jacomo
11-02-2022, 07:56 PM
I watched that game a few days ago, power, skill, pace and excellent finishing. Big Jones at the back with the classy Murphy at left back, Stevenson in Midfield with Brown, Sproule on the wing, Fletch and Benji up front, add in rain, sleet, snow and of course, Sunshine on Leith, glorious day

I was behind the goal getting snowed on and couldn’t see Jones score our first. I thought the game might get called off at one point, yet by the time we got to singing SoL the sun was shining!

Oh and then we forced our way into ER that night…

What a crazy, glorious day.

Forza Fred
12-02-2022, 09:29 AM
A glorious day :flag:

Watching it in Scruffy Murphy’s at 2 in the morning in Sydney, when the camera pans on the crowd and settles on…..Ronnie Ferguson!