PDA

View Full Version : B League

scuttle
11-02-2022, 08:01 AM
As we seem to be buying young 19 and 20 year olds who are not making the first team sqauds,is there a plan to join the B League with these guys as they seem too old for the youth team. I don't know if the old firm have benefited by joining it so should we as a club be entering it as well, thoughts

Jones28
11-02-2022, 08:03 AM
I would **** the B league off and reform the reserve league.

Ringothedog
11-02-2022, 08:04 AM
As we seem to be buying young 19 and 20 year olds who are not making the first team sqauds,is there a plan to join the B League with these guys as they seem too old for the youth team. I don't know if the old firm have benefited by joining it so should we as a club be entering it as well, thoughts

There is no “b” league. We will be playing against other clubs who have similar teams in Scotland and England on a friendly basis

scuttle
11-02-2022, 08:07 AM
There is no “b” league. We will be playing against other clubs who have similar teams in Scotland and England on a friendly basis

I actually meant the lowland league where the old firm b teams are

Leitherhibs
11-02-2022, 09:28 AM
Personally think there would be massive value in us joining the Lowland League, club seem to think friendly games against U23 sides are better for player development though.

overdrive
11-02-2022, 09:40 AM
Personally think there would be massive value in us joining the Lowland League, club seem to think friendly games against U23 sides are better for player development though.

I’m by no means an expert on player development, so happy to trust the club on this one, but I would have thought that playing competitive games against a good mix of ages (younger players and older savvy players) would be really beneficial to bridging the gap between u18 football and the first team rather than just friendlies.

Why did we scrap the B Team that was in the East of Scotland before? Cost? I seem to remember that it maybe coincided with the relegation?

Daniel 1875
11-02-2022, 09:43 AM
If Hibs want to put a B team in the pyramid they should enter at the bottom like anyone else. The fact Celtic and Rangers were allowed to slide in at whichever level they fancied - voted for by a majority of clubs in the LL - was and is a farce.

Hibs played in the EoS first division for a season a few years back but I don't think it was much of a success. The SPFL reserve/development league being re-established would be a good thing in my opinion.

chippy
11-02-2022, 10:05 AM
If Hibs want to put a B team in the pyramid they should enter at the bottom like anyone else. The fact Celtic and Rangers were allowed to slide in at whichever level they fancied - voted for by a majority of clubs in the LL - was and is a farce.

Hibs played in the EoS first division for a season a few years back but I don't think it was much of a success. The SPFL reserve/development league being re-established would be a good thing in my opinion.

Would a restored reserve/ development league be beneficial to old firm, Hibs, hearts, Dons B teams though. Think that outside the biggest 5/6 Clubs in Scotland, their B teams would more or less be their under 18 sides. So back to square one one of the reasons the reserve league folded. It seems to me that proposals that will be forthcoming from the Deloitte study are highly likely to include a B league or incorporating 5 or 6 B teams in the league system probably up to league 1 level possibly up to championship level. That might depend on to what extent the divisions are reorganised, if at all. ( Think it possible the divisions will be restructured )

Logie Green
11-02-2022, 11:21 AM
Would a restored reserve/ development league be beneficial to old firm, Hibs, hearts, Dons B teams though. Think that outside the biggest 5/6 Clubs in Scotland, their B teams would more or less be their under 18 sides. So back to square one one of the reasons the reserve league folded. It seems to me that proposals that will be forthcoming from the Deloitte study are highly likely to include a B league or incorporating 5 or 6 B teams in the league system probably up to league 1 level possibly up to championship level. That might depend on to what extent the divisions are reorganised, if at all. ( Think it possible the divisions will be restructured )

About 10 years ago Rod Petrie made a presentation at a fans forum at Easter Road about Colts teams being admitted to the League.

It allowed for those teams to be promoted to Championship level. He was unable to explain how things would work if the Championship had a majority of Colts teams when it came to relegation, play-offs etc.

The OF ‘B’ teams being allowed to bribe their way into the Lowland League is just the start of this flawed plan. They did not start at the lowest level like they should have; this will likely allow them to progress seamlessly/bribe their way to League status. The last thing Scottish football needs is two version of those two.

Watch this space.

Waxy
11-02-2022, 11:30 AM
About 10 years ago Rod Petrie made a presentation at a fans forum at Easter Road about Colts teams being admitted to the League.

It allowed for those teams to be promoted to Championship level. He was unable to explain how things would work if the Championship had a majority of Colts teams when it came to relegation, play-offs etc.

The OF ‘B’ teams being allowed to bribe their way into the Lowland League is just the start of this flawed plan. They did not start at the lowest level like they should have; this will likely allow them to progress seamlessly/bribe their way to League status. The last thing Scottish football needs is two version of those two.

Watch this space.
That was only for one season.

Ringothedog
11-02-2022, 11:39 AM

It’s been mentioned earlier in the thread but the ugly sisters where only given access to the lowland league for one season

hibbysam
11-02-2022, 11:43 AM
I couldn’t have been more against the old firm buying their way into the middle of the pyramid and would be equally as vocal against Hibs doing it. If we want into the pyramid we start where everyone else does, which will be at tier 8 or whatever it will be next year when the EOS leagues are sorted properly.

Reserve league is pointless - 3/4 experienced sides against majority under 18’s isnt a way forward. Competitive games are fine, but high tempo friendlies against top opposition will be a huge benefit in my opinion and I trust our academy department to do right by our players.

chippy
11-02-2022, 11:46 AM
Don’t think Hibs would be investing at least a few hundred thousand quid in a B team harvesting players from around the world if they didn’t know some major change is on the way. The old firm want B teams in the league system, it looks like Hibs and Hearts are building B teams, Dons next I expect and then Arabs. If the biggest 5/6 clubs want something to happen like this, it will happen. Having a league set up to benefit tiny up and coming clubs with tiny fan bases is no way to strengthen Scottish football in the context of increasing quality and European involvement beyond the 2nd round of the ECL

Logie Green
11-02-2022, 12:15 PM
That was only for one season.

I know it was.

On that basis do you think they’ll scrap their B teams at the end of this season and if not what do you think they’ll do?

Ringothedog
11-02-2022, 12:18 PM
I know it was.

On that basis do you think they’ll scrap their B teams at the end of this season and if not what do you think they’ll do?

The same as us, play against other b sides from Scotland, England and abroad

Groathillgrump
11-02-2022, 12:28 PM
There won't be a B team next season.

Steve Kean explains the new age group structure in this interview at around 2 mins 20 secs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfURqlqvpeI&t=924s

HH81
11-02-2022, 03:21 PM
The same as us, play against other b sides from Scotland, England and abroad

Let's hope they play down at Huddersfield and other clubs around there. Enjoyed it last time.

Ringothedog
11-02-2022, 03:39 PM

Steve Kean explains the new age group structure in this interview at around 2 mins 20 secs.

It’s a reserve/ B team branded as the development team

The dalmeny
11-02-2022, 03:51 PM

Frankly unless there is a reorganisation on this part of the pyramid this idea can F right off

Sioux
11-02-2022, 04:05 PM

No, its a development squad, re-branded by you.

Groathillgrump
11-02-2022, 04:10 PM

That's why I said there won't be a B team next season. :greengrin

JimBHibees
11-02-2022, 04:34 PM

Interesting interview thought it was good

chippy
11-02-2022, 04:39 PM
No, its a development squad, re-branded by you.

Is the first team an A team or a developed team/squad?

Ringothedog
11-02-2022, 07:19 PM
That's why I said there won't be a B team next season. :greengrin

😂