PDA

View Full Version : Team V Arbroath

Unseen work
11-02-2022, 05:59 AM
Here we go, another week and opportunity to try and guess the team.

This will be a very very tough game and I’m unsure if we should go physical to match them or try the opposite and play our most attacking and skilful players in a hope they produce a bit of quality.

……………………Macey…………

………Rocky….Porteous…Hanlon*….

Cadden…..JDH…….Henderson….Doig…

…………Mueller………….Jasper…….

……………………..Nisbet……

*Stevenson in for Hanlon if still injured

Or

……………………Macey…………

………Rocky….Porteous….Doig

Cadden…..JDH…….Henderson….Mitchell…

……………………Jasper…….

………………Doidge….Nisbet……

Or

……………………Macey…………

Cadden……Rocky….Porteous…Doig

………….…..JDH…….Henderson….

Mueller………….Nisbet………..Jasper…….

……………………..Doidge……

1st team - Normally I would like the look of but my fear is the game is too much in front of Arbroath and we don’t make them defend enough

2nd team - A lot more adventurous and the pace of Mitchell and Doig behind them could really threaten them

3rd team - More or less how we finished on Wednesday and imo had our best spell. Nisbet allowed to drop deep and get involved whilst Doidge holds the line and battles. Mueller and Nisbet will both be comfortable 1 v 1 and able to drift infield to link play.

I’m not sure how Henderson will do deeper as I’m not sure how reliable he will be defensively especially when they’re physical and will have lots of players running from deep, will he follow them? But what I do think is he’s very comfortable in possession, receiving the ball on the half turn and passing forward which will be essential for us.

Leitherhibs
11-02-2022, 07:10 AM
Any of those but with Stevenson for JDH, he needs time out of the team, pity we don't have any centre mids to come in for him.

Forza Fred
11-02-2022, 07:28 AM
I think he’ll start with Scott up front.

Unseen work
11-02-2022, 07:29 AM

If he does that all hope will be lost with the majority of Hibs fans I’d imagine.

Stubbsy90+2
11-02-2022, 07:33 AM

:greengrin

Lendo
11-02-2022, 07:43 AM
Shirley the Norwegians have to at least make the bench

flash
11-02-2022, 07:48 AM
Taking into account our horrendous injury list I think I would go
Macey

Cadden
Rocky
Porto
Doig

JDH
Lewis

Henderson
Mueller
Mitchell

Nisbet.

Jones28
11-02-2022, 08:02 AM
​Macey
Cadden Porteous Rocky Doig
Stevenson
Campbell Mueller
Jasper Nisbet Mitchell

That team should be more than capable of doing the job.

B.H.F.C
11-02-2022, 08:14 AM
Dabrowski

Cadden
Porteous
Rocky
Doig

?
?
Allan

Jasper
Mueller
Mitchell

Think we need to try something different up front rather than just doing the same thing over and over again. Go with pace and players that want to get on the ball. Expect Nisbet will continue to play though.

bigwheel
11-02-2022, 08:15 AM
Dabrowski

Cadden
Porteous
Rocky
Doig

?
?
Allan

Jasper
Mueller
Mitchell

Think we need to try something different up front rather than just doing the same thing over and over again. Go with pace and players that want to get on the ball. Expect Nisbet will continue to play though.

Don’t think we’ll see dabrowski either . Maloney has made his choice clear .

Scooter
11-02-2022, 08:26 AM
Whatever the team Mueller has to start

B.H.F.C
11-02-2022, 08:36 AM
Don’t think we’ll see dabrowski either . Maloney has made his choice clear .

Na I’d agree. Was more putting down something I’d like to see rather than what I think we’ll see, because Allan won’t play either.

What I think we’ll won’t be too dissimilar to Wednesday night in my opinion. Something like.

Macey

Cadden
Porteous
Rocky
Doig

JDH
Stevenson

Mueller
Henderson
Mitchell

Nisbet

ian cruise
11-02-2022, 08:50 AM
Wonder if you could go

Macey

Cadden
Porteous
Rocky
Doig

Stevenson
Henderson

Jasper
Mueller
Mitchell

Nisbet

Stevenson in midfield allows him to track back and cover defensively if Cadden and Doig are further up so the back two can become a three.

Whole system relies on playing a quick direct style and making the most of our pace out wide. We really need players to just start taking shots at goal and not waiting for perfect opportunities from all over the front line, not just Nisbet.

JohnMcM
11-02-2022, 09:01 AM
I have never been very good with understanding tactics to suit available players, vice versa, or any other combination, but I would have a go.

For the time being I’m giving up trying to second guess Shaun’s team-selections and reasonings for his substitution choices. That’s not a criticism of him nor the club or any player. Even taking into account injuries, I simply can’t see the overall picture just now.

Anyway, whoever plays against Arbroath we need this win to boost us.

bigwheel
11-02-2022, 09:04 AM
Na I’d agree. Was more putting down something I’d like to see rather than what I think we’ll see, because Allan won’t play either.

What I think we’ll won’t be too dissimilar to Wednesday night in my opinion. Something like.

Macey

Cadden
Porteous
Rocky
Doig

JDH
Stevenson

Mueller
Henderson
Mitchell

Nisbet

Yeah. Think that’s one that will be picked tbh [emoji106]

flash
11-02-2022, 09:12 AM
Yeah. Think that’s one that will be picked tbh [emoji106]

You never said that when I posted exactly the same team an hour previously.

Craig_in_Prague
11-02-2022, 09:15 AM

With Campbell and Wright in behind.

bigwheel
11-02-2022, 09:24 AM
You never said that when I posted exactly the same team an hour previously.

[emoji1787][emoji1787]. I don’t read them all Flash. I usually agree with a lot of your posts iirc though [emoji106]

flash
11-02-2022, 09:29 AM
[emoji1787][emoji1787]. I don’t read them all Flash. I usually agree with a lot of your posts iirc though [emoji106]

Was only messing about. It does look like the best team possible though.

bigwheel
11-02-2022, 09:32 AM
Was only messing about. It does look like the best team possible though.

[emoji3][emoji106]. Wonder where Jasper would fit in if he wanted him to start. Would it be straight choice between him and Mueller/Mitchell ?

flash
11-02-2022, 09:49 AM
[emoji3][emoji106]. Wonder where Jasper would fit in if he wanted him to start. Would it be straight choice between him and Mueller/Mitchell ?

Mueller has to start surely. He looks our best attacking option right now.

Key West
11-02-2022, 09:51 AM
Macey

Bushiri
Porteous
Doig

Cadden
Campbell
Doyle-Hayes
Mitchell

Jasper
Nisbet
Mueller

bigwheel
11-02-2022, 10:03 AM
Mueller has to start surely. He looks our best attacking option right now.

I’d agree. Looks a quality player

Crab apple
11-02-2022, 10:06 AM
I’d agree. Looks a quality player

Absolutely. I think when he gets up to speed he’ll be a real asset.

McGruber
11-02-2022, 10:07 AM
Horses for courses. Mitchell, Jasper, Henderson, Mueller - lots of good options though not very physical and a bit lightweight all together. If all playing would be trying to get as much muscle on with them as we can find. Doidge upfront for starters

inglisavhibs
11-02-2022, 10:08 AM
Macey

Bushiri
Porteous
Doig

Cadden
Campbell
Doyle-Hayes
Mitchell

Jasper
Nisbet
Mueller
That might be about the best we can get right now.

Greenbeard
11-02-2022, 10:18 AM
Very wary. I'd like us to go......

Macey

Cadden
Porteous
Rocky
Stevenson

Campbell
Henderson

Jasper
Mitchell

Mueller
Nisbet
Doidge

FifeHibs
11-02-2022, 10:27 AM
Very wary. I'd like us to go......

Macey

Cadden
Porteous
Rocky
Stevenson

Campbell
Henderson

Jasper
Mitchell

Mueller
Nisbet
Doidge

no sure we will get away with 12 players, worth a try though

Key West
11-02-2022, 10:38 AM
That might be about the best we can get right now.

Well we could take it in turns to torment them on both flanks with plenty of width, I'd like to see Jasper and Mueller given a bit freedom up front in supporting Nisbet.
The middle should be enough to rival Arbroath and last but not least Porteous and Bushiri should be a threat at set pieces, simple.😂

Since452
11-02-2022, 10:55 AM
Lost interest about what team he puts out. Just want him to find a way of winning.

bigwheel
11-02-2022, 11:14 AM
Lost interest about what team he puts out. Just want him to find a way of winning.

Yet you’ve come and posted on this thread ? I share some of your concerns - but posts like this are just trolling the same point you’ve made on countless other threads . A turn off .

Greenbeard
11-02-2022, 11:22 AM

You win the coconut!

flash
11-02-2022, 12:41 PM

As I said relentless.

Daily Hibs
11-02-2022, 12:47 PM
Is it must win territory for Maloney already?

Daily Hibs
11-02-2022, 12:48 PM
Yep, first team bingo comes to mind.

hibee-boys
11-02-2022, 12:59 PM
Yep, first team bingo comes to mind.

Shock horror! Manager changes personnel in a team on a winless streak!🙄

Green Reaper
11-02-2022, 05:09 PM
Macey

Bushiri
Porteous
Doig

Cadden
Campbell
Doyle-Hayes
Mitchell

Jasper
Nisbet
Mueller

Good attacking team, about the best we could put out just now

McGruber
11-02-2022, 10:00 PM
Slightly at odds with himself Maloney to say he has no set number 1 keeper, wants competition for places and will play who is in form. To say that about his decision to play Macey at Ibrox coming after Dabrowski played 2 games, man of match in one and faultless in the other. He says he speaks to the players to advise his decision making though that wouldn't make sense to me. Not withstanding Macey was at fault for a goal in the game before he was out injured. I don't mean to sound down on Macey just found that curious as a lot of Maloney's team choices are. Hopefully a win Sunday starts a recovery and some consistency in the team.

et_hibby
11-02-2022, 10:07 PM
😀😀👍

Hulk1875
11-02-2022, 10:21 PM
Good attacking team, about the best we could put out just now

I like the look of Jasper strength speed and skill

Zazu62
11-02-2022, 10:30 PM
Who’s the best at saving penalties?

HoboHarry
12-02-2022, 12:40 AM
Who’s the best at saving penalties?

Aberdeen used to have a keeper who was astonishingly good at it. Ally McLean (?), think that was his name anyway. Be about 70 now probably but likely a free agent..

😉

monktonharp
12-02-2022, 01:47 AM
With Campbell and Wright in behind.
If either of those 2 play,at any time in this match, I'll cry

Craig_in_Prague
12-02-2022, 02:02 AM
If either of those 2 play,at any time in this match, I'll cry

Yeah, it was sarcastic, but sadly it's not out of the question.

TObeachesHibby
12-02-2022, 05:25 AM

I agree.. Maloney picks defy logical reasoning. It is not a training ground exercise. He needs to waken up and pick players and formations to beat the team put in front of him. Time to be pragmatic. Fyi Cup is important. Fyi Hibee from Linefield Road, Carnoustie who used to cycle all over. Gayfield is only 6 miles away from my parents..... I will never hear the end of it.

JammyDoidger
12-02-2022, 06:47 AM
Kevin

Cadden
Rocky
Porto
Doig

Hendo
JDH

Muller
Nisbet
Jasper

Doidge

Dashing Bob S
12-02-2022, 08:40 AM
I’d give some of the youngsters an outing for what should be a fairly routine passage against lower league opposition.

sauzeelegod
12-02-2022, 08:57 AM
Dabrowski

Porteous
Rocky
Lewis

Cadden
JDH
Henderson
Mitchell

Jasper
Melkerson
Mueller

Power
12-02-2022, 09:26 AM
For those travelling to Arbroath.

✳️ Hibernian supporters will be in the west side of stadium, access to the rear of Main Stand. Entry into the stand itself is on a first-come basis.

✳️ TRAVEL
Just over one and a half hours fae Edinburgh. Free Away Coach and Car Parking available on Queen’s Drive, just off Dundee Road, which runs parallel to seafront

✳️ TICKETS
Available online only from Arbroath right up to kick off, No PATG

J-C
12-02-2022, 10:25 AM
I'm going for 4231 as it suits our players

Dabrowski

Cadden
Rocky/Porteous
Porteous/Hanlon
Doig

JDH
Stevenson

Mueller
Henderson
Jasper

Nibet

Callum_62
12-02-2022, 10:43 AM
I'd probably go with the same side as we had 10 mins into the rangers game

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

wookie70
12-02-2022, 10:56 AM
Dabrowski

Cadden Porteous Rocky/Hanlon if fit Doig

Jasper Stevenson Newell if fit/JDH Mitchell

Mueller

Nisbet

LewysGot2
12-02-2022, 02:22 PM
We need to win the battle first and foremost. Maloney needs to be able to trust the players who take the field not to hide and not to buckle at the first sign of pressure.

but the difference is the wee bit of quality we should be able to bring.

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE who doesn’t fancy this tomorrow should stay in their beds at home and not be anywhere near the team sheet

Nicho87
12-02-2022, 03:22 PM
Dabrowski

Bushiri Porteous Doig

Cadden JDH Stevenson Mitchell

Jasper Mueller

Nisbet

Coco Bryce
12-02-2022, 03:37 PM
It better be an attacking that's for sure.

B.H.F.C
12-02-2022, 03:41 PM
It better be an attacking that's for sure.

Don’t think the issue is us not setting up to attack, the attacking players are just contributing nothing. Not just Nisbet and Doidge but you look at the ones that we’ve signed, none of them have come in and really got going either. Need to start changing that tomorrow.

Coco Bryce
12-02-2022, 03:44 PM
Doidge shouldn't even be playing.

MWHIBBIES
12-02-2022, 03:50 PM
Doidge shouldn't even be playing.

Why?

wookie70
12-02-2022, 03:53 PM
Why?
He is playing like he has a 50kg rucksack on his back. Nowhere near mobile enough to be on the field yet and now we have options he should on the bench at best, not even convinced he is fit enough for that to be honest.

Coco Bryce
12-02-2022, 03:55 PM
Why?

Have you been at the games lately?

MWHIBBIES
12-02-2022, 04:07 PM
Have you been at the games lately?

He is playing like he has a 50kg rucksack on his back. Nowhere near mobile enough to be on the field yet and now we have options he should on the bench at best, not even convinced he is fit enough for that to be honest.

Of course, he hasn't been good, but playing him will get him fit. Also, Doidge playing well or not, a goal will get him off and running. He is a very streaky player.

Coco Bryce
12-02-2022, 04:09 PM
Of course, he hasn't been good, but playing him will get him fit. Also, Doidge playing well or not, a goal will get him off and running. He is a very streaky player.

Streaky pish.

wookie70
12-02-2022, 04:13 PM

Not convinced a goal would get him going. He looks so slow and unfit and is hardly winning any battles with his opposite number. I'd rather see Mueller up with Nisbet.

MWHIBBIES
12-02-2022, 04:20 PM
Streaky pish.And the crowd goes mild. Very good player, has proven that time and time again. Poor thing to call a guy who has done well for us, and is coming off an terrible injury.

Not convinced a goal would get him going. He looks so slow and unfit and is hardly winning any battles with his opposite number. I'd rather see Mueller up with Nisbet.

Hes really not been that awful. He has been winning headers, and very nearly scored vs Livi. It will happen for him again soon.

B.H.F.C
12-02-2022, 04:26 PM

Regularly has streaks of not scoring a goal, I’ll give you that. Couple of good scoring streaks in the 19/20 season but pretty sporadic since then.

I’d actually play him in front of Nisbet tomorrow though.

ahibby
12-02-2022, 04:28 PM
And the crowd goes mild. Very good player, has proven that time and time again. Poor thing to call a guy who has done well for us, and is coming off an terrible injury.

Hes really not been that awful. He has been winning headers, and very nearly scored vs Livi. It will happen for him again soon.

Well said MW. Deftest of touches in last home game put Chris Mueller through on goal. He still has his uses as we saw before his injury.

Zambernardi1875
12-02-2022, 04:29 PM
Don’t think doidge is dominant in the air enough to play against defenders that will love an Ariel battle. With the conditions expected tomo also I’d rather we played it on the deck with fast wingers than lumping up to doidge

MWHIBBIES
12-02-2022, 04:31 PM
Regularly has streaks of not scoring a goal, I’ll give you that. Couple of good scoring streaks in the 19/20 season but pretty sporadic since then.

I’d actually play him in front of Nisbet tomorrow though.

For the type of forward he is, Doidge has an excellent scoring record. Folk expect 30 a season these days. Doidge playing every week getting 10/15 a season, with the other aspects he brings, is extremely valuable.

Smartie
12-02-2022, 04:41 PM
I don't know if I'd play either Doidge or Nisbet.

Dabrowski

McGregor Porteous Bushiri

Cadden JDH Stevenson Doig

Jasper Mitchell

Mueller

wookie70
12-02-2022, 05:02 PM
For the type of forward he is, Doidge has an excellent scoring record. Folk expect 30 a season these days. Doidge playing every week getting 10/15 a season, with the other aspects he brings, is extremely valuable.

His record overall is pretty good at better than a goal every 3 games. He is currently miles away from looking like the player he was pre injury. I get the case to allow himself to play himself back to match fitness but he looks weeks away from that to me and he must now bee approaching as long back as he was out. Surely there should be signs he is getting back to the level he was at by now. I'm not talking about goals or assists but the ability to get about the park and get first to the ball.

Daily Hibs
12-02-2022, 05:02 PM
I’d give some of the youngsters an outing for what should be a fairly routine passage against lower league opposition.
Tomorrow is anything but routine. There will be a meltdown if we go out.

B.H.F.C
12-02-2022, 05:11 PM
His record overall is pretty good at better than a goal every 3 games. He is currently miles away from looking like the player he was pre injury. I get the case to allow himself to play himself back to match fitness but he looks weeks away from that to me and he must now bee approaching as long back as he was out. Surely there should be signs he is getting back to the level he was at by now. I'm not talking about goals or assists but the ability to get about the park and get first to the ball.

Agree with this. He’s been back for three months now so I don’t think it’s unreasonable to be expecting to see something a bit more positive. Got a decent number of starts in the last few weeks but by the St Mirren game last week he, arguably, looked further away. I’d play him tomorrow instead of Nisbet though and tell him just to stay between the posts. He doesn’t need to run about like a dafty and do all these other things folk talk about. Just get in the box and get on the end of the various good balls we regularly put in (which usually come to nothing).

Aldo
12-02-2022, 05:25 PM
Tomorrow is anything but routine. There will be a meltdown if we go out.

We won’t go out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allant1981
12-02-2022, 05:33 PM
Dont think anyone could guess a line up these days but hopefully its a winning one, would like to see melkerson get a place in the team

GreenCastle
12-02-2022, 05:35 PM
I said on another thread think Doidge is made for these types of games - he gives opposition centre backs a tough time and brings others into play.

Nisbet on own will just get bullied.

Ronniekirk
12-02-2022, 06:45 PM
Dont think anyone could guess a line up these days but hopefully its a winning one, would like to see melkerson get a place in the team

He won’t even be on the bench Maloney has made it clear he won’t rush him and at this stage Maloney is giving no indication he thinks he could come into the first team just now

loanheadhibby
12-02-2022, 07:05 PM
He won’t even be on the bench Maloney has made it clear he won’t rush him and at this stage Maloney is giving no indication he thinks he could come into the first team just now

That’s a risky strategy for SM. If we go out tomorrow and Melkerson is not even given a chance, SM opens himself to criticism.

A bit like Doidge, how is the laddie going to get fit by not playing any games.

bigwheel
12-02-2022, 07:23 PM
That’s a risky strategy for SM. If we go out tomorrow and Melkerson is not even given a chance, SM opens himself to criticism.

They clearly don’t think he is ready for first team action yet. We have to trust their judgement on it. If they thought he could bang the goals in already, he’d be in the squad .

IberianHibernian
12-02-2022, 07:29 PM

A bit like Doidge, how is the laddie going to get fit by not playing any games.Or if Melkerson plays and looks unfit or out of his depth SM will get criticism whatever the result . Why would any manager not pick a player who he thinks is good / fit enough to improve the team`s chances of getting good results ( assuming no administrative reason for not being able to play ) ?

Since452
12-02-2022, 07:33 PM
Hibs are like the child you have that keeps on disappointing you and you just wish would do better but you love them unconditionally. Let me down more than any person has in my life but keep going back like a moth to a flame. Will no doubt be raging at them tomorrow but that's football.

bigwheel
12-02-2022, 07:34 PM
Hibs are like the child you have that keeps on disappointing you and you just wish would do better but you love them unconditionally. Let me down more than any person has in my life but keep going back like a moth to a flame. Will no doubt be raging at them tomorrow but that's football.

Hahaha. Poetic and so true. Fair play [emoji106][emoji119]

loanheadhibby
12-02-2022, 07:35 PM
Or if Melkerson plays and looks unfit or out of his depth SM will get criticism whatever the result . Why would any manager not pick a player who he thinks is good / fit enough to improve the team`s chances of getting good results ( assuming no administrative reason for not being able to play ) ?

Can Melkerson play any worse than what’s on offer? How can he still be unfit? What’s actually going on at HTC? Are we not training him hard enough?

He’s a young athlete. Surely he must have some basic fitness.

loanheadhibby
12-02-2022, 07:37 PM
They clearly don’t think he is ready for first team action yet. We have to trust their judgement on it. If they thought he could bang the goals in already, he’d be in the squad .

Completely understand that but sometimes you just have to take a punt? We need a goal, at the moment current strikers don’t look on form. What’s the harm in giving the guy an hour?

The 90+2
12-02-2022, 07:40 PM
Any team that wins regardless of how and why. :agree:

bigwheel
12-02-2022, 07:41 PM
Completely understand that but sometimes you just have to take a punt? We need a goal, at the moment current strikers don’t look on form. What’s the harm in giving the guy an hour?

They’ve seen him in training - they obviously don’t think he is ready - or else they would definitely be throwing him in

Since452
12-02-2022, 07:49 PM
Hahaha. Poetic and so true. Fair play [emoji106][emoji119]

Another Hibby on the way next month. Feel bad for subjecting them to a lifetime of it haha.

loanheadhibby
12-02-2022, 07:51 PM
They’ve seen him in training - they obviously don’t think he is ready - or else they would definitely be throwing him in

We’re playing a part time team tomorrow. If he’s not fit to get an hour or even come on for last 30 mins, when will he ever be fit? Do we keep training the lad until end of February.

IberianHibernian
12-02-2022, 07:54 PM
Any team that wins regardless of how and why. :agree:Exactly . This was always going to be a bad draw for us in many ways ( already debated on other threads ) . Lets just hope we can get through to keep cup dream alive , make some money and keep some pressure off new management team . Whatever the result , at least we know we are already making big plans for coming years .

bigwheel
12-02-2022, 07:59 PM
We’re playing a part time team tomorrow. If he’s not fit to get an hour or even come on for last 30 mins, when will he ever be fit? Do we keep training the lad until end of February.

It’s a fair point LH ..but as we’ve not seen him, I can only assume that they have assessed him on arrival and he’s less ready than they expected ….I’m sure they are disappointed with that too ..

They may be part time , but they are chocked full of experienced scottish professional footballers ..lots of game time . they’ll be more than up for the battle tomorrow - will we ??

bigwheel
12-02-2022, 08:00 PM
Another Hibby on the way next month. Feel bad for subjecting them to a lifetime of it haha.

Hahaha. Brilliant - best of luck 452 - it’s the pain that makes the occasional incredible highs so special :) [emoji119]

Hibee Mac
12-02-2022, 08:00 PM
Hibs are like the child you have that keeps on disappointing you and you just wish would do better but you love them unconditionally. Let me down more than any person has in my life but keep going back like a moth to a flame. Will no doubt be raging at them tomorrow but that's football.This absolutely is Hibs for me these days. I almost feel like a mug travelling through tomorrow.

But I know I'll still be buzzing for kick off.

IberianHibernian
12-02-2022, 08:19 PM
We’re playing a part time team tomorrow. If he’s not fit to get an hour or even come on for last 30 mins, when will he ever be fit? Do we keep training the lad until end of February.Part time or not ( would speculate that many of their players probably train as many hours every week as most full time players in Scotland ) they are the best team in the Championship this season . If we lose tomorrow , players and especially manager will get flak . If we win , no doubt they`ll get flak too but less . In case of Melkerson , if he`s ready and up to the level of our first team I`m sure he`ll play before the end of the season . If not then next season if good enough . The same for our other recent signings - Portuguese left back from Civil Service Strollers , other Norwegian , etc.

Since452
12-02-2022, 09:04 PM
Hahaha. Brilliant - best of luck 452 - it’s the pain that makes the occasional incredible highs so special :) [emoji119]

100% mate

Since452
12-02-2022, 09:06 PM
This absolutely is Hibs for me these days. I almost feel like a mug travelling through tomorrow.

Like bigwheel says it's the lows that make the highs so good. Buzzing for tomorrow now. Scottish cup is special. Love it.

jacomo
13-02-2022, 07:55 AM

Shaun is paid to make these decisions and he needs broad shoulders.

If Elias isn’t ready, he isn’t ready. It’s always harder to bring young players into the team when they are on a bad run.

Libby Hibby
13-02-2022, 07:57 AM

Does he, aye?

Stuart93
13-02-2022, 07:58 AM
Part time or not ( would speculate that many of their players probably train as many hours every week as most full time players in Scotland ) they are the best team in the Championship this season . If we lose tomorrow , players and especially manager will get flak . If we win , no doubt they`ll get flak too but less . In case of Melkerson , if he`s ready and up to the level of our first team I`m sure he`ll play before the end of the season . If not then next season if good enough . The same for our other recent signings - Portuguese left back from Civil Service Strollers , other Norwegian , etc.

Why would they get flak for winning?

scoopyboy
13-02-2022, 08:12 AM
Streaky pish.

Possibly clutching at straws but he has an excellent scoring record in the Scottish Cup

Stubbsy90+2
13-02-2022, 08:17 AM
Why would they get flak for winning?

I would ask the same question but you can guarantee there’ll be some will find something to moan about. Probably be something to do with Maloney being too short, being a cone boy, doesn’t wear expensive jackets like Jack Ross etc.

McHibby
13-02-2022, 08:30 AM

He's just not been the same since his injury,

Coco Bryce
13-02-2022, 08:36 AM
Possibly clutching at straws but he has an excellent scoring record in the Scottish Cup

I know that SB. I'd love him to score a couple today and get back on track. We all do.

Just don't think he's recovered from his injury. That's him been back as long as he was out and he is still miles of the pace unfortunately.

hibeejeebies
13-02-2022, 09:28 AM

Since452, you've just summed up supporting Hibs in 6 perfect sentences 😁👌🏼

Callum_62
13-02-2022, 10:00 AM
I said I'd go with the team that we had 20 mins in against rangers

If bring in Mueller too though - probably for Henderson

I think Henderson is showing some good signs though

Stubbsy90+2
13-02-2022, 10:02 AM
I said I'd go with the team that we had 29 mins in against rangers

If bring in Mueller too though - probably for Henderson

I think Henderson is showing some good signs though

Mueller has to start every week imo.

blackpoolhibs
13-02-2022, 10:05 AM
I'd play Doidge today, i cant take another game where Nisbet is bullied all day and drops back into midfield to get away from those big bad defenders.

They will be solid at the back and attack everything, and get into the faces of whoever we play up top, i'd prefer Doidge who will at least give it back.

Northernhibee
13-02-2022, 10:07 AM
Raining heavily in Arbroath

HH81
13-02-2022, 10:13 AM

Hope they have good drainage.

SteveHFC
13-02-2022, 10:15 AM
Hope they have good drainage.

Wooly hats and jackets are required for today.

JimBHibees
13-02-2022, 10:17 AM
I'd play Doidge today, i cant take another game where Nisbet is bullied all day and drops back into midfield to get away from those big bad defenders.

They will be solid at the back and attack everything, and get into the faces of whoever we play up top, i'd prefer Doidge who will at least give it back.

So would I his record in cup against lower league teams is very good

Zambernardi1875
13-02-2022, 10:18 AM
There will be Hibs players playing in these stadiums and conditions soon if they don’t get their act together. If some want a big move down south these are the games you score 2 or 3 and put the game to bed.

Lago
13-02-2022, 10:20 AM
That was the forecast 🌧️

GreenCastle
13-02-2022, 10:21 AM

100%

Andymac85
13-02-2022, 10:23 AM
Melkersen on the bench at last.

GloryGlory
13-02-2022, 10:24 AM
Jasper starts. Melkersen on bench.

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC

Callum_62
13-02-2022, 10:25 AM
. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220213/af13982e8e97426cbfc75f7fecc48ec5.jpg

JamesHFC
13-02-2022, 10:26 AM
Jasper’s time to shine.

Callum_62
13-02-2022, 10:27 AM
Would've liked to see. Mueller back in but the team looks decent to me

Aldo
13-02-2022, 10:28 AM
Melkersen on the bench

FilipinoHibs
13-02-2022, 10:36 AM
This absolutely is Hibs for me these days. I almost feel like a mug travelling through tomorrow.

That is what being Hibs fan is all about

Pedantic_Hibee
13-02-2022, 10:38 AM
We signed the Mitchell brothers?

Jones28
13-02-2022, 10:40 AM
Jasper will rip these part time, fish smoking, hearts **** looking, Craig whiton signing pricks a new one.

Silky
13-02-2022, 10:43 AM
Jasper will rip these part time, fish smoking, hearts **** looking, Craig whiton signing pricks a new one.

No point in that unless his team mates find where the goals are!

Ronniekirk
13-02-2022, 06:34 PM
Melkersen on the bench

But no surprise he didn’t come on But step in tbe right direction

Ronniekirk
13-02-2022, 06:38 PM

I stand corrected he was on bench but no surprise he didn’t get on But step in right direction