PDA

View Full Version : Pre-contracts, just a bit of fun

leithsansiro
10-02-2022, 07:48 PM
In mild bored frustration at another Hibs defeat, I found myself having a look through the fountain of football knowledge that is Transfermarkt (which is a total rabbit hole...!). Free agents are not particularly realistic or useful for Hibs just now as they'll most likely need too long to get up to speed, so let's build for next season.

Just for fun, can anyone find us any good players that Hibs could realistically (maybe) get on a pre-contract?

My selection are;

Jordan Holsgrove – son of our former midfielder from the 90’s Paul. Young guy, played a small handful of games in the middle of the park for Celta in La Liga. Out of contract in the summer.
Eammon Brophy – striker at St Mirren where he hasn’t really set the heather alight. Could we help him reignite his career and get back to his Kilmarnock form that saw him break into the Scotland setup?
Alan Forrest – right winger, wee brother of Celtic’s James. A pretty consistent winger with a reasonable end product who is probably ready to test himself at a club that aspires to the higher end of the Scottish top flight

How about from outside of Scotland?

Daniel Mandroui – 23 year old attacking mid who’s broken into the fringes of the national setup. Good goalscoring record, probably likely to be looking to take a step up from League of Ireland

Who else can you find? :wink:

The 90+2
10-02-2022, 07:51 PM
Charles-Cook. :agree:

Keyser Sauzee
10-02-2022, 07:53 PM
Brophy signed a 3 year deal with St Mirren, he’s not out of contract.

Unseen work
10-02-2022, 07:56 PM
Agree re Danny Mandriou - looks a top player

I’ll suggest Dylan Levitt.

Impressed on loan at United this season and already has 10 caps for Wales at the age of 21.

Also Yan Dhanda who is currently at Swansea, another very technical centre mid who passes forward.

Stubbsy90+2
10-02-2022, 08:11 PM
The thought of Brophy in a Hibs strip is terrifying.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2022, 08:14 PM
When does Leigh Griffiths contract finish at Falkirk?

Haymaker
10-02-2022, 08:43 PM

:hyper

Jonnyboy
10-02-2022, 09:17 PM
The thought of Brophy in a Hibs strip is terrifying.

He was at Hibs as a kid 😉

Lago
10-02-2022, 09:34 PM
Naughty

HIBS NUTS
10-02-2022, 11:25 PM
Charles-Cook. :agree:

Out of contract this summer, best player outside the old firm this year by far👍

Libby Hibby
11-02-2022, 06:07 AM

No doubt come here and look like he plays in clowns shoes.

Stubbsy90+2
11-02-2022, 06:10 AM

Martin Boyle by a mile imo.

Unseen work
11-02-2022, 06:11 AM
Charles Cook is a bit of a weird one for me, been absolutely brilliant his season and looks a real threat but last season he was the complete opposite and I’m not sure he scored?

Is it just a really good run or has he now found his style?

Tarrahib
11-02-2022, 07:16 AM
Charles Cook is a bit of a weird one for me, been absolutely brilliant his season and looks a real threat but last season he was the complete opposite and I’m not sure he scored?

Is it just a really good run or has he now found his style?
You could say the same comment about Alan Forrest.

Unseen work
11-02-2022, 07:24 AM
You could say the same comment about Alan Forrest.

Yeah you’re absolutely right.

I’m just always a bit hesitant about when people have a good season like Conor Sammon etc, in fairness I’m sure some would say that’s what Nisbet has done.

That said he’s score more than all of our current attackers combined and more than the majority ever have in a season so bring him in!!

You’re always going to have to take a risk with signings for Hibs.

Leitherhibs
11-02-2022, 07:26 AM
Alan Forrest has been decent for years tbf, whereas RCC really had just shown it this season.