PDA

View Full Version : Free agents

Unseen work
10-02-2022, 01:24 AM
With the amount of injuries we’ve got, our lack of depth in centre mid and out struggling form will we sign a free agent?

A couple mentioned on TDD that we were signing an experienced midfielder but nothing has came of it.

Any names been banded about?

Stubbsy90+2
10-02-2022, 07:04 AM
With the amount of injuries we’ve got, our lack of depth in centre mid and out struggling form will we sign a free agent?

A couple mentioned on TDD that we were signing an experienced midfielder but nothing has came of it.

If we’re going to do it then it needs to be within the next week. Any longer and they’ll not have been training long enough that they’ll need a mini pre season and won’t be available for weeks and it then becomes a bit pointless.

jacomo
10-02-2022, 07:05 AM

Again, letting Hallberg and Gogic go without signing replacements looks reckless.

Stubbsy90+2
10-02-2022, 07:15 AM
Again, letting Hallberg and Gogic go without signing replacements looks reckless.

I don’t have a clue why we’ve done that.

Neither were great but they’d both be a massive improvement on Campbell and Hallberg especially was good enough to provide competition to JDH and Newell.

Our transfer business has been absolutely suicidal. It’s almost like we’ve tried to make things as difficult as possible for ourselves.

hibee1875
10-02-2022, 07:53 AM
Free agents will need weeks to become match fit

Hibee Mac
10-02-2022, 08:00 AM
Have to ask serious questions about Maloney letting Hallberg go. I can almost understand Gogic given the style he's so fixated on playing but I can't understand Hallberg.

HendoDelivered
10-02-2022, 08:06 AM
We rarely ever sign free agents 😂

Dmas
10-02-2022, 08:13 AM
Have to ask serious questions about Maloney letting Hallberg go. I can almost understand Gogic given the style he's so fixated on playing but I can't understand Hallberg.

Hallberg barely featured, never really nailed a place down in his whole time here it’s no surprise he was let go, why we moved Tait out again is baffling though

HIBS NUTS
10-02-2022, 09:14 AM
Hallberg barely featured, never really nailed a place down in his whole time here it’s no surprise he was let go, why we moved Tait out again is baffling though

Tait was dreadful In Kilmarnocks , 1-0 defeat by Arbroath. And didn’t play in their 2-1 defeat by ayr.

H18 SFR
10-02-2022, 09:17 AM
Tait was dreadful In Kilmarnocks , 1-0 defeat by Arbroath. And didn’t play in their 2-1 defeat by ayr.

I agree he was poor but the conditions didn’t suit any ball playing midfielder and the fact Arbroath go direct meant he didn’t even have a chance out of possession either.

Unseen work
10-02-2022, 09:19 AM
We rarely ever sign free agents 😂

Irvine and Spector are the last 2 I remember off the top of my head

Since452
10-02-2022, 09:20 AM

I was thinking last night Hallberg would have slotted in beside JDH comfortably.

HIBS NUTS
10-02-2022, 09:28 AM
I agree he was poor but the conditions didn’t suit any ball playing midfielder and the fact Arbroath go direct meant he didn’t even have a chance out of possession either.

My laddie was born year 2000, the best player of that year was deco glass, Tranent then hutchy, he came on in that game and was the best player on the park, he also scored the mazy goal for Dundee United against us, he’s currently on loan to killie.

Diclonius
10-02-2022, 09:33 AM
Irvine and Spector are the last 2 I remember off the top of my head

Ah, Spector. His only appearance for us was the Daryl Horgan game. Legend.

1875Sean
10-02-2022, 11:59 AM
Jack Wiltshire, Mikel John Obi, Christian Oliva, Ramires to name a few

ancient hibee
10-02-2022, 12:05 PM

Tait was robbed of the ball in the lead up to the Arbroath goal and his chasing back to try and do something about it was abysmal to be honest.

Lago
10-02-2022, 12:23 PM
So you keep saying🙄

Hibee Mac
10-02-2022, 08:55 PM
Hallberg barely featured, never really nailed a place down in his whole time here it’s no surprise he was let go, why we moved Tait out again is baffling thoughI agree RE Hallberg he's not the long term option, however, Maloney chose to ship him out mid season when we have now been left with Newell (injured), JDH and Campbell (youth prospect needing a break) as our only options for CM. That was an oversight in my opinion letting him go with no one to replace him with.

Sioux
10-02-2022, 09:17 PM
Funny how as soon as a player leaves the club, he suddenly becomes the player we need, even though he hardly payed whilst here.

Callum_62
10-02-2022, 09:25 PM
Funny how as soon as a player leaves the club, he suddenly becomes the player we need, even though he hardly payed whilst here.Hallberg is better than Campbell for sure

Does seem a poor choice to let him go when 1 injury to Joe Newell and we are are playing a 34 year old that hasn't played there for about a decade

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

munchar
10-02-2022, 09:34 PM

Hallberg let go because he’s Tom Kite. Good move by Maloney.

basehibby
10-02-2022, 10:31 PM

Agreed - a very capable and versatile player and underrated IMO. I think he'll do very well for St Johnston getting a regular game.

basehibby
10-02-2022, 10:34 PM

Respectfully disagreee

Jim44
10-02-2022, 11:19 PM

Someone or some people in our recruiting set-up are useless and don’t have a scooby. We are aimlessly floating around in a void and can go in any direction. Dare I say, with a stroke of luck, we could avoid relegation. With two strokes of luck, we could end up in 4th. place.:greengrin

easty
11-02-2022, 06:23 AM
Agreed - a very capable and versatile player and underrated IMO. I think he'll do very well for St Johnston getting a regular game.

I think he’ll be average at best for St Johnstone. I don’t think he was really good enough to be playing for us, and moving him on was the best for all parties in the long run.

However, in the short term, when we have no centre mids to bring into the team, and when it doesn’t look like we made any effort to replace him in the squad, it looks like an absolutely criminal decision.

munchar
11-02-2022, 07:57 AM
Respectfully disagreee

He offered absolutely nothing to the team. No idea what his role was in midfield. Had long enough to make an impact in the team & didn’t do enough. If he’d stayed, he’d just be filling in till someone else came along. There’s thousands of players like him. If we have ambitions of challenging at the top end of the league, he’s nowhere near good enough, even as a squad player. Just my opinion off course. It’s not that difficult to see why we’re struggling. To many average players that aren’t any better then your bottom 6 teams players.

Waxy
11-02-2022, 08:00 AM

He looks nothing like Tom Kite. Specky with a dodgy perm? No

G15 Hibs
11-02-2022, 08:04 AM
He offered absolutely nothing to the team. No idea what his role was in midfield. Had long enough to make an impact in the team & didn’t do enough. If he’d stayed, he’d just be filling in till someone else came along. There’s thousands of players like him. If we have ambitions of challenging at the top end of the league, he’s nowhere near good enough, even as a squad player. Just my opinion off course. It’s not that difficult to see why we’re struggling. To many average players that aren’t any better then your bottom 6 teams players.

The alternative seems to be nobody at all though, or playing Lewis Stevenson in centre midfield. Our long term ambition might be to challenging at the top end of the league, at the moment however winning a couple of games and not being in the bottom half at the split would be something.

munchar
11-02-2022, 08:14 AM
The alternative seems to be nobody at all though, or playing Lewis Stevenson in centre midfield. Our long term ambition might be to challenging at the top end of the league, at the moment however winning a couple of games and not being in the bottom half at the split would be something.

But you can’t just keep someone because your missing a midfielder? If he’s not good enough, playing him won’t improve the team. SM obviously doesn’t rate him, same goes for Scott Allan. We’ll just have to trust his opnion.

munchar
11-02-2022, 08:19 AM
[QUOTE=Waxy;6855398]He looks nothing like Tom Kite. Specky with a dodgy perm? No[/

Hard to tell the difference on the park.

Leitherhibs
11-02-2022, 09:31 AM

Was he "Tom Kite" in the semi against Dundee Utd last season? He's absolutely miles ahead of Campbell and JDH right now.

munchar
11-02-2022, 09:41 AM
Was he "Tom Kite" in the semi against Dundee Utd last season? He's absolutely miles ahead of Campbell and JDH right now.

He’s been a huge disappointment since he arrived. Never showed any consistent form ever since he’s been here. Picking out the odd performance doesn’t give him pass marks. All 3 players mentioned, on current form, wouldn’t stand out in any bottom 6 side.

15-02-2022, 07:34 PM
Brandon Barker to Reading.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/brandon-barker-seals-free-transfer-23105944?fbclid=IwAR1OaRQBuaI_jZlSkiTFZDKt6CZyy8yX _wow3S2FL7eHMctD9EAshXqhocE

JimBHibees
15-02-2022, 08:29 PM
Funny how as soon as a player leaves the club, he suddenly becomes the player we need, even though he hardly payed whilst here.

Yep

easty
15-02-2022, 08:34 PM
Brandon Barker to Reading.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/brandon-barker-seals-free-transfer-23105944?fbclid=IwAR1OaRQBuaI_jZlSkiTFZDKt6CZyy8yX _wow3S2FL7eHMctD9EAshXqhocE

He’ll barely kick a ball for them. No good enough for that level.

Caversham Green
16-02-2022, 08:15 AM
He’ll barely kick a ball for them. No good enough for that level.

I think he will get a game at Reading. They're in dire straits at the moment and their squad would struggle in the Scottish Championship.

Hibee Mac
16-02-2022, 10:57 AM
He’ll barely kick a ball for them. No good enough for that level.Reading are terrible mate, saw them the season before Charlie Adam went to Dundee and he was one of their best players. Says a lot...