PDA

View Full Version : Please don't play a defensive line-up against Arbroath, Sean...

Scotty Leither
09-02-2022, 11:25 PM
Just don't please. I don't think I can watch much more of this possession with no penetration stuff, it's driving me bananas.

87 minutes to get a shot on target against Bayern Midlothian in the Derby, and 80-odd minutes before we warmed the goalie's hands tonight.

That's not a Hibs team for me i'm afraid.

I think he's been hung out to dry by the Board by the non-investment of the Martin Boyle money (despite all the hype it's shades of Petrie's "sell big buy cheap" IMO), we've still no recognisable no 10, nor a decent centre forward that knows where the goals are, but the football is mind numbing, and he needs to go out and win this tie on Sunday and win it well.

Unseen work
09-02-2022, 11:34 PM
Think there’s two ways to play it.

Play a line up that will battle and compete with them in what will be a scrappy game and play the likes of Doidge etc or the complete opposite and play out technical players with the hope that our quality is too much.

……………………….Macey……..

………..Rocky….Porteous….Doig…

Cadden….Henderson….JDH………Mitchell……

…………..Mueller…………..Jasper…..

…………..…………..Nisbet……..

Or

……………………….Macey……..

………..Rocky….Porteous….Stevenson…

Cadden….Campbell….JDH………Doig……

……………….………..Mueller……..

…………..………Doidge…..Nisbet……..

Assuming the current players out injured aren’t back.

For me you need guys like Jasper playing who can make something happen. Tbf I’d be wanting to play Doidge too so we actually make them defend.

B.H.F.C
09-02-2022, 11:35 PM
I didn’t think we set up negatively tonight. Or against Hearts.

We just have a severe lack of quality going forward.

Brightside
10-02-2022, 06:56 AM
Shaun

hibee1875
10-02-2022, 07:04 AM
Think there’s two ways to play it.

Play a line up that will battle and compete with them in what will be a scrappy game and play the likes of Doidge etc or the complete opposite and play out technical players with the hope that our quality is too much.

……………………….Macey……..

………..Rocky….Porteous….Doig…

Cadden….Henderson….JDH………Mitchell……

…………..Mueller…………..Jasper…..

…………..…………..Nisbet……..

Or

……………………….Macey……..

………..Rocky….Porteous….Stevenson…

Cadden….Campbell….JDH………Doig……

……………….………..Mueller……..

…………..………Doidge…..Nisbet……..

Assuming the current players out injured aren’t back.

For me you need guys like Jasper playing who can make something happen. Tbf I’d be wanting to play Doidge too so we actually make them defend.

We need to take JDH and Campbell out the firing line. They can’t start together in midfield, neither is doing the others game any good.

jacomo
10-02-2022, 07:07 AM
We need to take JDH and Campbell out the firing line. They can’t start together in midfield, neither is doing the others game any good.

The problem is a lack of alternatives right now.

Hibeesforever
10-02-2022, 10:41 AM
The problem is a lack of alternatives right now.

I would tell the Manager to put his boots on and do a job, sure he still could!

Diclonius
10-02-2022, 10:49 AM
Shaun mate

JimBHibees
10-02-2022, 10:50 AM
I didn’t think we set up negatively tonight. Or against Hearts.

We just have a severe lack of quality going forward.

Agree no way we were defensive in either game indeed last night we had a very attacking line up just lacking that cutting edge.

Northernhibee
10-02-2022, 11:09 AM
Dabrowski

Cadden
Porteous
Bushiri
Stevenson

Mueller
Doyle-Hayes
Henderson
Jasper

Doidge
Melkersen

What gives me the fear is we'll need to win a battle and I don't know how we go about that.

500miles
10-02-2022, 11:43 AM
Despite his mistakes, I think we look much better when Campbell plays. If we are playing with 2 midfielders - we need his legs.

Onceinawhile
10-02-2022, 07:27 PM
I'd actually suggest at this stage that maloney might be a decent option in midfield. Creative number 10 is exactly what we need.

Edinburgh Green
10-02-2022, 07:32 PM
Despite his mistakes, I think we look much better when Campbell plays. If we are playing with 2 midfielders - we need his legs.

We really don’t.

SlickShoes
10-02-2022, 07:34 PM
Nisbet had a shot saved by the goalie in the first half.

We weren't negative in either game, but last night we gave away a stupid penalty, then lost the player to injury too.

January is a terrible time to buy a player and £3m is not a lot, so if the right player wasn't available there isn't much we can do.

Libby Hibby
10-02-2022, 07:35 PM
Shaun

SlickShoes
10-02-2022, 07:35 PM
We really don’t.

He is making far too many basic mistakes for me, and his body language is telling, on saturday he looked defeated even when we were the better team and at no risk of losing a goal.

Greencore
10-02-2022, 07:46 PM
Shawn Michaels.

Hibs4185
10-02-2022, 07:52 PM
Boozy is a creative attacking midfielder.

WhileTheChief..
10-02-2022, 07:53 PM
It’s Arbroath. Any team we put out should win this easily.

I’m not buying into the miracle worker Dick Campbell nonsense, it’s just a really crap league this season.

B.H.F.C
10-02-2022, 08:58 PM
Dabrowski

Cadden
Porteous
Bushiri
Stevenson

Mueller
Doyle-Hayes
Henderson
Jasper

Doidge
Melkersen

What gives me the fear is we'll need to win a battle and I don't know how we go about that.

I think we can battle all right. We did in the derby, we did last night. And even at the weekend, although we got beat, I don’t think we got outfought or anything like that. We need to score a goal and that’s what’s giving me the fear at the moment. Difficult playing without a centre forward.

Jim44
10-02-2022, 11:36 PM
If we can’t see off Arbroath, despite the observant warnings from Hibs.net intelligencia, we should pack up and prepare for the Championship. Seriously.

houstonhibbee
11-02-2022, 02:11 AM
If we can’t see off Arbroath, despite the observant warnings from Hibs.net intelligencia, we should pack up and prepare for the Championship. Seriously.

Get Scotty On!!

Stuart93
11-02-2022, 02:47 AM

Na we don’t. He’s not good enough. He only makes us worse in midfield imo

Haymaker
11-02-2022, 03:23 AM
We would be fine if we had signed Leigh.

erin go bragh
11-02-2022, 05:14 AM
It’s Arbroath. Any team we put out should win this easily.

I’m not buying into the miracle worker Dick Campbell nonsense, it’s just a really crap league this season.

Top of the championship and undefeated at home in double figures .
It’s going to be a tough game but hopefully our players start taking the chances we make .

ian cruise
11-02-2022, 06:32 AM
Get Scotty On!!

Said it before the last couple of games, it's not like the midfield could perform any worse.

GreenCastle
11-02-2022, 06:40 AM
Think Doidge is made for these type of games.

Gloucester Hibs
11-02-2022, 07:00 AM
Agree no way we were defensive in either game indeed last night we had a very attacking line up just lacking that cutting edge.

No having that; starting with 7 recognised defenders is a very attacking line up? I’d hate to see a defensive one.