PDA

View Full Version : A bottom six club?

Billy McKirdy
09-02-2022, 09:19 PM
I’m wetting the bed here again.

Where are the goals going to come from?
There’s that empty feeling again, a team with so much promise but totally insipid in attack, every single game we show complete lack of ruthlessness up top, it can’t all be down to bad luck can it.
4 points off 10th place and 10 points off a relegation spot

Is the bottom six our level now?

CapitalGreen
09-02-2022, 09:21 PM

There’s that empty feeling again, a team with so much promise but totally insipid in attack, every single game we show complete lack of ruthlessness up top, it can’t all be down to bad luck can it.

Definitely worthy of a new thread, lots of new and interesting points made which aren’t already all over every other thread.

Iain G
09-02-2022, 09:32 PM

I hope we get relegated, we do our best work in the second tier and it's a joy to support the team when you win most weeks...

Jim44
09-02-2022, 09:33 PM

We’ve apparently got the potential for top six but presently we look no better than 4th 5th or 6th.

Shrekko
09-02-2022, 09:33 PM
I hope we get relegated, we do our best work in the second tier and it's a joy to support the team when you win most weeks...

Seems to be the only way to inspire some of our support.

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2022, 09:35 PM
2 points off 4th place.

Nicho87
09-02-2022, 09:38 PM
We were joint top of the league at the start of the season

brianmc
09-02-2022, 09:38 PM
2 points off 4th place.

Hahaha!
Look at you trying to use facts, it'll never catch on.

😉

Jones28
09-02-2022, 09:40 PM
All the teams around us and up to third look like they could be bottom or top six. Inconsistency, poor results, bad runs of form aren’t just symptoms suffered by Hibernian FC.

The fact is we are still 2 points off fourth, that’s it. We are on a really quite dreadful run in the league are still in with a very good shout of European football, but with a management and philosophy change thrown in for good measure. Things will click and we will start to see results once we get key players fit and in the side again.

JamesHFC
09-02-2022, 09:42 PM
No coincidence that us and Motherwell begin to go on a run of bad form after losing our top goal scorers.

loanheadhibby
09-02-2022, 09:43 PM
Top 6 club, bottom 6 squad/team

lord bunberry
09-02-2022, 09:52 PM
I think we’ll be bottom 6, I just hope we don’t get sucked into a relegation scrap. I don’t see where the next win is coming from, since the start of the bad run under Ross we must have picked up the fewest points in the league. We need to start winning games soon as losing is becoming a habit.

Unseen work
09-02-2022, 09:57 PM
Scottish football is a funny game.

Last season we were third and got to two cup finals. Everyone from the outside looking in would assume all the fans are happy but that wasn’t the case. Started this season off well and 8 games in where Porteous got controversially sent off was a huge game that if we won would see us go top and we reached another final. Fans weren’t happy due to the football and dramatic dip in form.

Hearts this season are running away with 3rd and are 10 points clear. Go and look at their forum, two defeats in a row and they’re having a meltdown and every player isn’t good enough and needs replaced.

The long and short of it imo is there’s just very little between the majority of clubs in Scotland top flight. The players are all much and such the same and the better can be inconsistent.

Boyle was the main difference in our team and made us stand out a bit. We need something to take us to the next level.

Sir David Gray
09-02-2022, 10:00 PM
I think we’ll be bottom 6, I just hope we don’t get sucked into a relegation scrap. I don’t see where the next win is coming from, since the start of the bad run under Ross we must have picked up the fewest points in the league. We need to start winning games soon as losing is becoming a habit.

Over the last 19 games we have 16 points which is the second worst in the league. St Johnstone are bottom with 15 points.

lord bunberry
09-02-2022, 10:05 PM
Over the last 19 games we have 16 points which is the second worst in the league. St Johnstone are bottom with 15 points.
If that isn’t a wake up call I don’t know what is, 16 points out of a possible 57 is a wretched return. It’s only our half decent start that’s keeping us where we are, we’re even worse than Dundee.

Unseen work
09-02-2022, 10:06 PM

That’s absolutely horrendous and terrifying.

We need to get our act together and quick.

A couple of players running in behind and stretching the game would be a bonus aswell as someone to put it in the net

Sir David Gray
09-02-2022, 10:11 PM
If that isn’t a wake up call I don’t know what is, 16 points out of a possible 57 is a wretched return. It’s only our half decent start that’s keeping us where we are, we’re even worse than Dundee.

Yeah Dundee have 18 points from their last 19 matches.

Musselbound
10-02-2022, 03:00 PM

Interesting stat. I seem to remember we had 1 win in 9 when Ross was sacked and believe we have had 0 wins from our last 5 league games after the Gray interim and Maloney's decent start. Unquestionably bottom 6 form and quite frankly relegation form over half a season. Let's hope something changes soon and we can get a couple of wins on the board sooner rather than later.

Musselbound
10-02-2022, 03:26 PM

Interesting stat. I seem to remember we had 1 win in 9 when Ross was sacked and believe we have had 0 wins from our last 5 league games after the Gray interim and Maloney's decent start. Unquestionably bottom 6 form and quite frankly relegation form over half a season. Let's hope something changes soon and we can get a couple of wins on the board sooner rather than later.

Since452
10-02-2022, 03:39 PM
2 points off 4th place.

Hi Shaun.

Northernhibee
10-02-2022, 03:50 PM
I look at where we are with absolute disbelief. In the summer we just needed to build on what we had, patch up a few gaps and move forward but we failed to do that quite badly.

Although I supported Jack Ross in his role for almost all of his tenure, I did feel like it was time for him to go. I started becoming a bit apathetic.

I do feel that the board reacted in an emotional manner rather than a rational manner when it came to sacking him and replacing him. He, in hindsight, maybe should have gotten the cup final and to go into that with SDG as interim manager wasn't a good look.

I do like us going for a rookie manager and count Stubbs and Mowbray as two of my all time favourite Hibs managers but Kensell and the board need to realise that a high press, passing, possession dominant style of football just doesn't work that well in Scotland unless you can afford the players that Celtic or Rangers can attract. If you do want to play that style of football you need to have the humility to change things when it's not going to plan and I don't think we've seen that from Maloney yet, derby aside.

We've taken what should have been a very promising team and thrown the baby out with the bathwater. It's not the board's job to give the fans what they want, it's the job of the board to do what's best for the club and I think they've tried to do the former and in the end failed to do both.

Pretty Boy
10-02-2022, 03:54 PM
As it stands we are a bottom 6 team. Whether that proves true come the end of the season and moving forward from there is another matter.

There's a lot of chat about bedwetting or us being in a false position but anyone looking at our form, with the exception of the 1st 7 games, would struggle to argue we aren't exactly where we deserve to be. I suppose in reality we are exactly where we deserve to be including those 1st 7 games as well. There are a lot of hypothetical scenarios put forward that it will click soon, a striker will go on a great run of form soon or other teams around us will go on a bad run (although most of the teams in the league are currently already on bad runs themselves, only Celtic, Rangers and St Mirren have won more than 2 of their last 6. Aberdeen and Dundee Utd have both failed to win any of their last 6 and Hearts, Ross County, Dundee and St Johnstone have all won only 1 of their last 6).

Our form dating back the best part of half a season is abysmal; most recently over the last 4 matches it's the 2nd worst in the league, same for the last 6, last 8 improves slightly to 'only' the 4th worst in the league and last 10 elevates us another place but it is still very much bottom 6 form. It's really hard to make any argument that we aren't currently a bottom 6 team. We have dropped places in the league despite other teams being on bad runs themselves, we can't score goals and we can't win games. The league, including Hearts, is really poor this year and we are miles off competing for 3rd. That's not good enough and all the surmised improvements that are just around the corner better kick in soon or we'll be confirmed as a bottom 6 team officially.

Sir David Gray
10-02-2022, 04:43 PM

We've got 0 wins from our last 6 league games since we returned from the winter break - 2 draws and 4 defeats.

Sir David Gray
10-02-2022, 04:43 PM
As it stands we are a bottom 6 team. Whether that proves true come the end of the season and moving forward from there is another matter.

There's a lot of chat about bedwetting or us being in a false position but anyone looking at our form, with the exception of the 1st 7 games, would struggle to argue we aren't exactly where we deserve to be. I suppose in reality we are exactly where we deserve to be including those 1st 7 games as well. There are a lot of hypothetical scenarios put forward that it will click soon, a striker will go on a great run of form soon or other teams around us will go on a bad run (although most of the teams in the league are currently already on bad runs themselves, only Celtic, Rangers and St Mirren have won more than 2 of their last 6. Aberdeen and Dundee Utd have both failed to win any of their last 6 and Hearts, Ross County, Dundee and St Johnstone have all won only 1 of their last 6).

Our form dating back the best part of half a season is abysmal; most recently over the last 4 matches it's the 2nd worst in the league, same for the last 6, last 8 improves slightly to 'only' the 4th worst in the league and last 10 elevates us another place but it is still very much bottom 6 form. It's really hard to make any argument that we aren't currently a bottom 6 team. We have dropped places in the league despite other teams being on bad runs themselves, we can't score goals and we can't win games. The league, including Hearts, is really poor this year and we are miles off competing for 3rd. That's not good enough and all the surmised improvements that are just around the corner better kick in soon or we'll be confirmed as a bottom 6 team officially.

Absolutely agree with every word - sadly.

oneone73
11-02-2022, 05:52 AM

Dundee United won on Wednesday?