PDA

View Full Version : Performance

dastardly8
09-02-2022, 08:52 PM
Didn’t think we played that bad especially second half , still woefully short of strikers who look menacing or threatening , Jasper looks good as does mueller , Mitchell steady , midfield powder puff needs beefed up

Nicho87
09-02-2022, 08:56 PM
Guff - long gone are the days when we could challenge away from home

Sad but true

Since452
09-02-2022, 08:59 PM
We were always going to lose tonight. Just glad it wasn't a 5-0 type.

Alfred E Newman
09-02-2022, 09:00 PM

Sad but true

It’s not that long ago. Ah but, Jack Ross blah blah.

Stubbsy90+2
09-02-2022, 09:05 PM
If that game came on the back of a few wins I don’t think folk would be all that disappointed by the performance.

It did though and the results and performances really need to turn around quickly.

Unseen work
09-02-2022, 09:05 PM
I actually thought the first half was better as we had a 15 minute spell where we looked threatening.

Second half was a really dissapointing watch. Slow build up and when we eventually broke the press we would end up passing it back.

Up front we were toothless and all of them coming far too deep.

How we played the last 7 minutes should be the intensity we went with that whole second half.

The only benefit is we never gave much up defensively.

Pretty deflated after that second half.

Nicho87
09-02-2022, 09:11 PM
It’s not that long ago. Ah but, Jack Ross blah blah.

Give me lennons first season back in top flight mentality of

You score 3 we will score 4

Brilliant

Hibee Mac
09-02-2022, 09:12 PM
I actually thought the first half was better as we had a 15 minute spell where we looked threatening.

Second half was a really dissapointing watch. Slow build up and when we eventually broke the press we would end up passing it back.

Up front we were toothless and all of them coming far too deep.

How we played the last 7 minutes should be the intensity we went with that whole second half.

The only benefit is we never gave much up defensively.

Pretty deflated after that second half.

I agree mate. I'm really struggling to see what Maloney is asking them to do now, we just seem so aimless in possession since the winter break.

Steve20
09-02-2022, 09:23 PM
Standards have obviously dropped so much that people think that was an ok performance.

We used to go and have a go at Ibrox

Real Emerald
09-02-2022, 09:24 PM
We sell our best player halfway through the season, don’t address the problems we have in midfield or upfront. We are now at the stage of playing 3 left backs, Stevenson deployed in midfield when he was struggling to get a game a few months ago.

Folk wonder why we’re struggling, the whole recruitment and letting players go is shambolic. We wrote the season off when we sold Boyle.

Shrekko
09-02-2022, 09:32 PM

Sad but true

Last time we played at Ibrox we were ahead and in control until Porto’s stupid tackle. Also humped them last time we played them in Glasgow.

Weird how some fans have become less demanding all of a sudden. It’s like night and day ….

Stubbsy90+2
09-02-2022, 09:37 PM
Last time we played at Ibrox we were ahead and in control until Porto’s stupid tackle. Also humped them last time we played them in Glasgow.

Weird how some fans have become less demanding all of a sudden. It’s like night and day ….

That was a 20 minute spell. We probably had about 20 minutes of being on top today as well after their goal.

Rangers have lost about 2 or 3 league games in a season and a half, not sure if they’ve last any at ibrox. They’re a very good side, especially at home. They’ll beat us comfortably sometimes.

Callum_62
09-02-2022, 09:45 PM
What's Maloneys big game record like?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Shrekko
09-02-2022, 09:49 PM
That was a 20 minute spell. We probably had about 20 minutes of being on top today as well after their goal.

Rangers have lost about 2 or 3 league games in a season and a half, not sure if they’ve last any at ibrox.

I was being sarcastic mate. Just finding it weird that some fans who were adamant before that the Old Firm are always “there for the taking” are now being more realistic.

Stubbsy90+2
09-02-2022, 09:51 PM
I was being sarcastic mate. Just finding it weird that some fans were adamant before that the Old Firm are always “there for the taking” are now being more realistic.

Ah ok.

The old firm are both very good sides just now in Scottish football terms anyway. Unfortunate, but I don’t think we’ll be picking up much out of either of them. Infact, I don’t think anyone will.

Jim44
09-02-2022, 09:56 PM
I think we were toothless up front, generally awful in every area of the park and a total bomb scare at the back where the players look afraid to clear their lines and have to look for a pass to play the ball out of defence. I’m not advocating hoofball but sometimes that’s the solution, especially when you don’t have the players who are comfortable with Maloney’s style.

chrisski33
09-02-2022, 10:08 PM
Tonight could have been alot worse!

lord bunberry
09-02-2022, 10:53 PM
Tonight could have been alot worse!
It could but I never felt we looked like getting anything from the game. I left with around 10 minutes to go and I didn’t even bother checking the score on the way back to the car, it was only going to get worse. Our season won’t be defined by games like tonight, it’s the games against the other teams we need start picking up points.

Carheenlea
09-02-2022, 11:30 PM
We need to be more clinical in attack, but we don’t have any clinical attackers.

SaulGoodman
09-02-2022, 11:55 PM
We need to be more clinical in attack, but we don’t have any clinical attackers.

I had a dream we signed some Norwegian boy for a lot of money.

Hermit Crab
10-02-2022, 12:19 AM
Didn’t think we played that bad especially second half , still woefully short of strikers who look menacing or threatening , Jasper looks good as does mueller , Mitchell steady , midfield powder puff needs beefed up

Complete rubbish, in both halfs bar a ten minute spell in each half.

Scored 2 goals in the last 5 league games and one of those was a complete and utter fluke. Thats 450 minutes of football and in those 5 league games we've picked up 2 points from a possible 15.

The last time one of our actual strikers scored was the 20th of Jan v Cove. Our 2 goals in the last 5 games have been scored by defensive players, Mitchell and Cadden. We are really struggling to get the ball in the net. Nisbet couldn't hit a barn door with a machine gun and Doidge done the square root of F ALL AGAIN when he came on tonight. We're in a bad way.