PDA

View Full Version : Ibrox on Wednesday: park the bus or have a go?

Hibernia&Alba
06-02-2022, 06:11 PM
The Rangers played well today against our dear neighbours. Given our form, it could be a long night. Should we try to keep it as tight as possible, or would it be suicide to play deep and invite them on? Hearts did create a few very good chances today; Rangers can be gotten at, but they are capable of hammering us, too. I hope we have a go at them. If we lose, at least do so with courage. Even though we are struggling, don't go there afraid.

I'm not heading through, but well done to all who are. How are ticket sales going?

Sir David Gray
06-02-2022, 06:20 PM
I want us to go there and attack them. Rangers are capable of picking us off and scoring even if we have our backs to the wall for 90 minutes so may as well have a go and lose than have 10 men behind the ball and still lose.

A Hi-Bee
06-02-2022, 06:22 PM
Get right into them nothing much to lose, not expected to get anything so just go for them, who knows.
:flag::flag::flag:

Callum_62
06-02-2022, 06:23 PM
Have a shot on target

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

The 90+2
06-02-2022, 06:24 PM
541 :agree:

HibsIntl
06-02-2022, 06:29 PM
Todays result shows we can’t just sit back and hope they don’t scare for 90 minutes. Have a go, scare them.

SON OF PADDY
06-02-2022, 06:33 PM
Tora,tora,tora !

The 90+2
06-02-2022, 06:44 PM
Todays result shows we can’t just sit back and hope they don’t scare for 90 minutes. Have a go, scare them.

Hearts fell apart 2 up top in the second half and got picked off.

lord bunberry
06-02-2022, 06:50 PM
It would be nice to think we could compete through there like we have been doing recently, we normally give them a really difficult time. The recovery has to start somewhere it might as well be ibrox.

kaimendhibs
06-02-2022, 06:51 PM
Im going, want us to have a go at them.

Hibernia&Alba
06-02-2022, 06:51 PM
I do think we need to be positive. When a team is struggling, it's easy for them to go into their shell, with players hiding. The chances are The Rangers will win either way, so let's have a go at them and see if we can unsettle them. This Rangers team does concede goals when teams put them under pressure; Ross County put three past them. I worry that that if we just try to hold on, they might batter us. We aren't capable of defending well enough at Ibrox to grind our way to a point or three.

Jones28
06-02-2022, 06:57 PM
Have a go, always.

And watch this place melt down when we get pumped 😂

Still have a go though, that was a lesson that Jack Ross learned the hard way against the arse cheeks.

Steve20
06-02-2022, 07:03 PM
Have a go.

If Rangers play like they did today, we will lose. But they’ve had quite a few bad days under Van Bronckhorst, so we need to take advantage if they do.

MWHIBBIES
06-02-2022, 07:45 PM
Have a go, always.

And watch this place melt down when we get pumped 😂

Still have a go though, that was a lesson that Jack Ross learned the hard way against the arse cheeks.

Jack rosses Hibs were generally very good against Rangers and with decent officials would've beat them a few times.

I hope Shaun has a good play for tomorrow. I actually think he will.

CentreLine
06-02-2022, 07:51 PM
Attack
Attack
Attack attack attack

Mick O'Rourke
06-02-2022, 07:53 PM
Tora,tora,tora !
Fans might chant that at Celtic Park :greengrin

Mick O'Rourke
06-02-2022, 07:58 PM
Have a go.

If Rangers play like they did today, we will lose. But they’ve had quite a few bad days under Van Bronckhorst, so we need to take advantage if they do.

So if we play like we did against them in the semi final, they will lose !
And mind,we were in the ascendancy before Porto got sent off last time we played there.
Who knows ? But yes,have a go !

Hearts did badly miss two top defenders today.
And Halliday V Ramsey from the bench ?
Nuff said !

Coco Bryce
06-02-2022, 08:28 PM
Hopefully everything clicks for us on Wednesday and we'll win comfortably.

Unseen work
06-02-2022, 08:34 PM
I’m in two minds about what set up to go for on Wednesday out of a 343 or a 352/3412

For me rangers biggest weakness is defensively and I 100% think they’re there to be got at.

Jasper and Henderson both looked really good when they came on so I’d be tempted to start both but on the other hand I think Doidge could really trouble them.

Hopefully Newell, Hanlon and Doig are both fit for the game.

Think Dabrowski will keep his place. I’ve said it a couple of times after the hearts game and again at the weekend and despite him making good saves he makes me uneasy with how dramatic he is at times and how he has a tendency to push the ball back into dangerous areas/at the strikers feet - however he’s yet to let us down so keeps his place.

…………….………..Dabrowski………….

……….…..Rocky…Porteous…Hanlon….

Cadden…….…JDH……….Newell…….Doig…..

………………..Henderson/Jasper ………

…………………Nisbet……Doidge…..

Or

……..……..Rocky…Porteous…Hanlon….

Cadden………JDH……….Newell…….Doig…..

……………Jasper………..Henderson………

………………..……Nisbet……..

Personally think the latter is more likely.

DH1875
06-02-2022, 08:35 PM
3-0 Hibs.

Nicho87
06-02-2022, 08:41 PM
Boyle hatrick again :)

gbhibby
06-02-2022, 08:43 PM
Boyler we need you😁

If Hanlon is back and we have pace in the team who are willing to press them it could be a tight game. Go at them, especially pace against their captain. Don't let them dictate the pace of the game.Get intae them.

Stubbsy90+2
06-02-2022, 08:47 PM
Difficult one to call.

We’ve had 4 clean sheets in 7 under Maloney. We’ve tightened up at the back.

Likewise, we’ve struggled to score/create chances. That to me points to parking the bus.

I’d like to see us go at them. The statistics would suggest though that our strength lies defensively and our weaknesses lie offensively. We should be utilising our strengths.

Hibernia&Alba
06-02-2022, 09:19 PM
I’m in two minds about what set up to go for on Wednesday out of a 343 or a 352/3412

For me rangers biggest weakness is defensively and I 100% think they’re there to be got at.

Jasper and Henderson both looked really good when they came on so I’d be tempted to start both but on the other hand I think Doidge could really trouble them.

Hopefully Newell, Hanlon and Doig are both fit for the game.

Think Dabrowski will keep his place. I’ve said it a couple of times after the hearts game and again at the weekend and despite him making good saves he makes me uneasy with how dramatic he is at times and how he has a tendency to push the ball back into dangerous areas/at the strikers feet - however he’s yet to let us down so keeps his place.

……….…..Rocky…Porteous…Hanlon….

Cadden…….…JDH……….Newell…….Doig…..

………………..Henderson/Jasper ………

…………………Nisbet……Doidge…..

Or

……..……..Rocky…Porteous…Hanlon….

Cadden………JDH……….Newell…….Doig…..

……………Jasper………..Henderson………

………………..……Nisbet……..

Personally think the latter is more likely.

Yes, very unlikely we will go with two up front. The second option looks a good shout.

.Sean.
06-02-2022, 09:21 PM
We’re long overdue our 3 goal humping there … Even Calderwood managed it 😂

Think I’ll be talking the car for the first time, what’s the script with parking in the car park behind the broomloan, is it easy enough?

Hibernia&Alba
06-02-2022, 09:21 PM
Difficult one to call.

We’ve had 4 clean sheets in 7 under Maloney. We’ve tightened up at the back.

Likewise, we’ve struggled to score/create chances. That to me points to parking the bus.

I’d like to see us go at them. The statistics would suggest though that our strength lies defensively and our weaknesses lie offensively. We should be utilising our strengths.

It's a logical argument. On the other hand, Rangers' weakness is defensively, and we could trouble them. It's hard to park the bus away to the Old Firm; it isn't a tactic I like.

Sir David Gray
06-02-2022, 09:23 PM
We’re long overdue our 3 goal humping there … Even Calderwood managed it 😂

Think I’ll be talking the car for the first time, what’s the script with parking in the car park behind the broomloan, is it easy enough?

Yep just turn up and in you go.

It goes quite far back so there will be more than enough room for everyone I'd have thought.

Paul1642
06-02-2022, 09:25 PM
Don’t think I can bring myself to watch it.

.Sean.
06-02-2022, 09:26 PM
Don’t think I can bring myself to watch it.
That’s the spirit!

We are honking to watch but I think some folk are forgetting just how much more pish we’ve been over the last 10/15 year compared to now

Paul1642
06-02-2022, 09:40 PM
That’s the spirit!

We are honking to watch but I think some folk are forgetting just how much more pish we’ve been over the last 10/15 year compared to now

This is perhaps the least confident I have felt about a trip to Ibrox since pre sevco. It just feels like a win would be a miracle whereas even as recently as a few months ago it really felt like we could go there and get a result (which we did).

ancient hibee
06-02-2022, 09:43 PM
Their defence looked very uneasy today particularly down their left. Hearts passed up a few chances.

Onceinawhile
06-02-2022, 09:54 PM
Get kick off in the first half and aim for 100% possession.

That gets us to half time.

Then park the bus.

PeeJay
07-02-2022, 05:06 AM
Didn't see the St Mirren game, just the highlights - looks like we played some decent stuff and were unlucky in finishing/not clinical enough. Like the look of Müller and maybe our new signings will click at last with Nisbett.

Defence has to stop making schoolboy mistakes, the team will have to show some real character and maintain discipline, no point shooting ourselves in the foot, it will be difficult enough.

I still think we can make third, Ibrox is as good a place as any to start the turnaround ... have a go

Dazzjw1875
07-02-2022, 05:14 AM
Sorry but if we try to sit in and defend we will get pumped by more than the 5 hearts did.. We need to play the same way possession play and take them on, Gers ain't that great at defending either sometimes best form of defense is attack.

MWHIBBIES
07-02-2022, 05:29 AM
That’s the spirit!

Aye, but every pish team started off as a decent one.

Carheenlea
07-02-2022, 09:52 AM
Shaun Maloney suggesting a change of tactics will be in order. Whether that extends as far as parking the bus we’ll just need to wait and see.

"My mindset doesn't change. We'll work very hard now going to Rangers and we'll have to play a different way. We'll continue to work to minimise the opposition, which we did today, it was our mistake.

"And it's my job to get the team to create as many chances as we can, and support the players when it comes to those moments.”

Since452
07-02-2022, 10:54 AM
Look at what Hearts did and do the opposite.

Keith_M
07-02-2022, 11:55 AM
Look at what Hearts did and do the opposite.

Sounds like a plan. 😁

greenginger
07-02-2022, 12:00 PM
Park the bus, and make it a double - decker. :greengrin

JohnM1875
07-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Have a go! You get pumped you get pumped.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
07-02-2022, 12:35 PM
I'm going to the game. I want to see go all out attack. I'd rather we did that and lost 2/3-0 than sit in for 90 minutes and end up losing a goal in stoppage time.

Hibernian Verse
07-02-2022, 12:40 PM
I'm going to the game. I want to see go all out attack. I'd rather we did that and lost 2/3-0 than sit in for 90 minutes and end up losing a goal in stoppage time.

If you think this side can go all out attack at Ibrox and only lose 2-0 I need whatever it is you're taking.

Hermit Crab
07-02-2022, 12:47 PM
If you think this side can go all out attack at Ibrox and only lose 2-0 I need whatever it is you're taking.

Well whatever the scoreline is, I'd rather have went there and had a go instead of having shat the bed like Neilson did yesterday.

Hibernian Verse
07-02-2022, 12:50 PM
Well whatever the scoreline is, I'd rather have went there and had a go instead of having shat the bed like Neilson did yesterday.

I don't think Maloney is a park the bus kind of guy. I'd put money on us playing the same way we did against Hearts for this one.

I'll be there with you cheering them on regardless of the score.

number9dream
07-02-2022, 01:15 PM
Doidge will probably sit this one out due to recent poor form. Also, Goldson and Balogun are much stronger and faster than he is, so it's likely to be Nisbet up top, with two from Mueller, Henderson and Jasper for company.
Ultra defensive option would be to bring McGinn and Doig back and nudge Cadden and Mitchell up a bit further.
Either way, it's hard to envisage a positive outcome.

Hermit Crab
07-02-2022, 01:20 PM
Throw Melkerson in, lets see what he can do. Also to beat Rangers you need to have pace, Jasper is unknown to them so he'd be starting if it was me as well.

JammyDoidger
07-02-2022, 02:02 PM
Hope Maloney actually has a go and does the complete opposite of what he done at celtic park.

jacomo
07-02-2022, 02:28 PM

Sitting back rarely ever works.

Both Celtc and Sevco are vulnerable if you attack them.

truehibernian
07-02-2022, 02:45 PM
Hearts got pumped because they played narrow with no width, meaning Tavernier and Barasic were able to have the freedom of Ibrox.

Play Sylvester one side, Meuller the other, with Nisbet through the middle playing between Bassey and Goldson (both ponderous). Would require both our wide men to be fit as fiddles all game though, and Cadden and Doig to be on their game positionally when out of possession.

Mikey_1875
07-02-2022, 04:45 PM
We’ve played pretty well recently at Ibrox so I wouldn’t be changing a huge amount from those games. Decisions haven’t went our way but we have certainly matched them.

It’s a shame if Newell is out as he seems to put in a superb performance every time we are there. I’ll be there as well and to be honest I am just hoping we put in a battling performance, whether that’s through parking the bus or having a go.

The 90+2
07-02-2022, 04:47 PM
We’ve played pretty well recently at Ibrox so I wouldn’t be changing a huge amount from those games. Decisions haven’t went our way but we have certainly matched them.

It’s a shame if Newell is out as he seems to put in a superb performance every time we are there. I’ll be there as well and to be honest I am just hoping we put in a battling performance, whether that’s through parking the bus or having a go.

I Don't think it would go down too well if Maloney prepared to set up the side the way Jack Ross did, would he?

Mikey_1875
07-02-2022, 04:55 PM
I Don't think it would go down too well if Maloney prepared to set up the side the way Jack Ross did, would he?

Maybe not but if it can wield a result or decent performance then I’m not sure anyone will be that bothered. I think it would be silly to totally discount our previous efforts against Rangers when they have worked reasonably well.

Might be a different picture with the players we have now of course.

Callum_62
07-02-2022, 05:01 PM
I don't think Maloney is a park the bus kind of guy. I'd put money on us playing the same way we did against Hearts for this one.

I'll be there with you cheering them on regardless of the score.Interestingly hearts got pumped when they went more attacking at half time

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
07-02-2022, 05:16 PM
If Newell is out then play Scott Allan and keep Campbell and Wright away from the first team and bench.

HH81
07-02-2022, 05:28 PM
If Newell is out then play Scott Allan and keep Campbell and Wright away from the first team and bench.

Play Allan? No chance. We will be hammered. Our only chance is good pace in the side and players that can get around the pitch.

BoomtownHibees
07-02-2022, 05:32 PM
Play Allan? No chance. We will be hammered. Our only chance is good pace in the side and players that can get around the pitch.

Where does the thought come from that we’d be hammered if playing Scott Allan?

B.H.F.C
07-02-2022, 05:35 PM

He won’t play but we were totally controlling the game last time at Ibrox, with him in the team, up until the sending off.

Hermit Crab
07-02-2022, 05:47 PM

Where does the thought come from that we’d be hammered if playing Scott Allan?

He won’t play but we were totally controlling the game last time at Ibrox, with him in the team, up until the sending off.

On his day he's the best midfielder we have. Get him in the starting 11.

HH81
07-02-2022, 05:58 PM
On his day he's the best midfielder we have. Get him in the starting 11.

He has played less than 30 minutes since winter break ended.

Great player in his time but sadly no more. No chance he is started, mostly likely won't get on the pitch.

Tambo
07-02-2022, 06:53 PM
Looks like Newell out so will be JDH and Campbell.

StirlingHibee
07-02-2022, 07:00 PM
Sit tight for 63 minutes then bring on Ivan and see what happens!!!!!!!!!!!

truehibernian
07-02-2022, 07:14 PM

Hope Campbell is nowhere near that midfield at Ibrox - thrown in, starting to show he's not up to this level at present. Would rather have Lewis in there next to Doyle-Hayes, far more composed, technical, and adds steel.

The 90+2
07-02-2022, 07:15 PM
Sit tight for 63 minutes then bring on Ivan and see what happens!!!!!!!!!!!

If not Ivan turn it full circle and bring on Josh O'Connor :greengrin

hibee-boys
07-02-2022, 08:18 PM

Please no, any combination but that again. 4/2/3/1 with JDH and Henderson sitting🤔