PDA

View Full Version : Managerial Merry-go-round

theonlywayisup
06-02-2022, 04:20 PM
There's been a lot written about whether we should stand by our latest manager or not. If does feel a bit of deja-vu on repeat. I thought I would test where the Hibs.net community is with this poll - four simple categories that hopefully covers the majority of what our support are thinking at the moment (time-stamped after a loss against St Mirren at home; the result may be different depending on the result next Sunday).

Four categories, you chose between:

Did not want JR sacked and don't want SM sacked - I'm in this category with our problem being largely due to a very poor summer transfer window where we've recruited not enough good players.
Did not want JR sacked and want SM sacked - why, is this just sour grapes because you still fell aggrieved that JR was sacked.
Wanted JR sacked but don't want SM sacked - why did you want the manager who got us to 3rd in the league and two cup finals sacked after a poor run of matches but not a manager lacking experience who has us at the start of a similar run.
Want JR sacked and want SM sacked - surely we can't keep sacking managers when things start to go pear-shaped.

So where do you stand! Feel free to wait a couple of games if you want.

cannastar
06-02-2022, 04:23 PM

The 90+2
06-02-2022, 04:26 PM
Didn't want Jack sacked but it would severely damage our reputation if we sacked Maloney even though there's been nothing to indicate he's up to it.

It's nothing about sour grapes either. We all want the club to succeed. If it's getting to the stage I want him sacked will only have one thing to do with Jack Ross and that is that Maloney isn't/hasn't been an improvement, lets hope he ends up better though and it doesn't come to that.

HoboHarry
06-02-2022, 04:28 PM
Has .net started a competition to see how many ****hin threads there can be on this subject? Honestly getting tired of this site.

Diclonius
06-02-2022, 04:35 PM
There's been a lot written about whether we should stand by our latest manager or not. If does feel a bit of deja-vu on repeat. I thought I would test where the Hibs.net community is with this poll - four simple categories that hopefully covers the majority of what our support are thinking at the moment (time-stamped after a loss against St Mirren at home; the result may be different depending on the result next Sunday).

Did not want JR sacked and don't want SM sacked - I'm in this category with our problem being largely due to a very poor summer transfer window where we've recruited not enough good players.
Did not want JR sacked and want SM sacked - why, is this just sour grapes because you still fell aggrieved that JR was sacked.
Wanted JR sacked but don't want SM sacked - why did you want the manager who got us to 3rd in the league and two cup finals sacked after a poor run of matches but not a manager lacking experience who has us at the start of a similar run.
Want JR sacked and want SM sacked - surely we can't keep sacking managers when things start to go pear-shaped.

Making votes public will impact the results.

All the people who want Maloney gone are retconning that they were steadfastly behind Ross.

Ringothedog
06-02-2022, 04:52 PM
I had come to the conclusion that JR had taken us as far as he could. Our performances and results were terrible, he had lost the support of a significant number of our fans with no hope of getting them back onside. A cup win would have papered over the cracks. Did our board panic? I would say yes.
Have the board made a mistake in appointing SM, early results and performances would indicate that this is indeed the case.

We have 2 options, do we persist with SM in the hope that our performances and results improve with the risk that they don’t improve and we are dragged into a relegation dog fight which I would suggest we would not win(we are only 12 points ahead of St Johnstone). More poor performances would see crowds fall further and ST sales fall dramatically or do we bite the bullet, admit we made a mistake and get rid of him in the hope the new coach/manager improves us.

I hate to say that based on what I have seen I am for the SM out. I am not enjoying our football just now and am just going out of habit
I am option 2

Waxy
06-02-2022, 04:55 PM

Carheenlea
06-02-2022, 04:58 PM
Wasn’t 100% in calling for Jack Ross to go, but accepted that the run of form was such that few managers would survive.

The run Shaun Maloney is on last four games is starting to resemble that same form.

I often wonder how much impact that small, but vocal group who chanted “sacked in the morning” and Jack Ross GTF” at Livingston had in the decision by Gordon/Kensell to sack Jack Ross that very night? It may turn out to be a very rushed, and expensive decision.

lord bunberry
06-02-2022, 05:04 PM
1 would be closest to what I believe. I don’t think our biggest problem was the summer window, I think our problem was sacking the previous manager at completely the wrong time. If we’d waited until the end of the season we could’ve brought Maloney in with a full preseason to work with the players and get them up to speed on in friendlies and league cup group games. The need for instant gratification led to the previous manager being sacked and is now leading to the current manager being under pressure. I said it at the time and I’ll say it again now, be careful what you wish for.

tonyrougier123
06-02-2022, 05:06 PM
Wasn’t 100% in calling for Jack Ross to go, but accepted that the run of form was such that few managers would survive.

The run Shaun Maloney is on last four games is starting to resemble that same form.

I often wonder how much impact that small, but vocal group who chanted “sacked in the morning” and Jack Ross GTF” at Livingston had in the decision by Gordon/Kensell to sack Jack Ross that very night? It may turn out to be a very rushed, and expensive decision.

There is an element of our support clueless!very vocally clueles.
Livvy was a bad night but we are much worse of now.

Kensall doing deals for players allowed fair bit of cash for players not ready for first team.
I’m astounded by this carry on,especially as we blatantly don’t have a side ready for the all action football we’ve been promised under new regime.

Lot of questions needing answered at present.
Maybe kensall will come out and do some talking/backing for a manager he had huge hand in appointing,let’s hear from this guy.

Since452
06-02-2022, 05:07 PM
Bizarre decision to sack Ross when we did. Sending us into a cup final with no manager. It was looking inevitable though as the fans had turned. Usually no way back from that. Looking like a bizarre decision to replace him with Maloney. As frustrated as I am with Maloney I blame his bosses more. One mistake after another. Do I want Maloney gone? In all honesty yes. I really hope my opinion changes.

Mikey_1875
06-02-2022, 05:12 PM
Wanted Ross gone after that Livi display. I did think at the time Alex Neil was ready to step in right away but either way the results were not good enough for quite a bit of time. He is old news now and I haven’t really thought about him since the cup final.

Don’t think Maloney should be sacked. There are obvious concerns about him so far but the quality of the squad and transfer activity are bugging me a lot as well at the moment. May change if we get beat off Arbroath.

The only way he will be sacked is if things clearly aren’t working out at all levels, i.e players falling out with him etc. Similar to Stubbs at St Mirren where it was evidently a wrong fit. If he is doing everything correctly in theory at least, then he should be given time to implement his ideas.

JXM73
06-02-2022, 05:12 PM

Jones28
06-02-2022, 05:19 PM

The 90+2
06-02-2022, 05:19 PM

I think both Ron and Kensell wanted their own guy in. Jack Ross and Mathie where and are very much Leann Dempster guys.

They've done it blaming falling crowds. I don't think anyone is going to get a season ticket anytime soon that was going to walk away because of Ross' style now because of the way we play under Maloney.

chrisski33
06-02-2022, 05:24 PM
Ffs

Keith_M
06-02-2022, 05:36 PM
I wasn't overly enamoured with our style of play at times under Ross, but always felt getting rid of him would be a massive gamble, with no guarantee we would actually improve. Given our results and displays since, that concern was justified.

We're now in the same position under Maloney, very little improvement in style and now mostly crap results. However, do we really just want to keep sacking managers endlessly with the hope we might get the perfect manager eventually?

Nah, that's just repeating the same mistakes, so we've got to give Maloney a chance, no matter how p1ssed off I am with watching Hibs at the moment.

tonyrougier123
06-02-2022, 05:52 PM
I wasn't overly enamoured with our style of play at times under Ross, but always felt getting rid of would be a massive gamble, with no guarantee we would actually improve. Given our results and displays since, that concern was justified.

We're now in the same position under Maloney, very little improvement in style and now mostly crap results. However, do we really just want to keep sacking managers endlessly with the hope we might get the perfect manager eventually?

Nah, that's just repeating the same mistakes, so we've got the give Maloney a chance, no matter how p1ssed off I am with watching Hibs at the moment.

No we don’t want to endlessly sack managers,but we don’t want to afford time to the wrong one either.

Wilson
06-02-2022, 06:03 PM
Funny how the managerial merry-go-round didn't matter when folk wanted Ross out but it's a big deal all of a sudden.

If Maloney isn't the man for the job then I'm not worried how it looks sacking him. Poison chalice. Revolving door. Whatever it takes to find the right man. If.

That said Maloney seems to think all we're missing is some clinical finishing. If we see a bit of that for a couple of games we'll all be happier.

Carheenlea
06-02-2022, 06:10 PM
I think both Ron and Kensell wanted their own guy in. Jack Ross and Mathie where and are very much Leann Dempster guys.

They've done it blaming falling crowds. I don't think anyone is going to get a season ticket anytime soon that was going to walk away because of Ross' style now because of the way we play under Maloney.

Decision already made prior to the Livingston debacle and just waiting for the right result to wield the axe? Possibly worried about Jack Ross winning the cup which would have scuppered those plans.

More you think about it the more it looks like they weren’t wanting to risk him winning the Cup Final, and probably why he didn’t get to use the January window to work on the squad.

I’d say Kensell and Gordon would have no qualms about sacking Maloney before the end of the season if he goes on a bad run, (or before the split if he continues this one)

Pagan Hibernia
06-02-2022, 06:19 PM
Seems to me Jack Ross is more popular now with Hibs fans than he ever was when he was our manager

The 90+2
06-02-2022, 06:27 PM
Decision already made prior to the Livingston debacle and just waiting for the right result to wield the axe? Possibly worried about Jack Ross winning the cup which would have scuppered those plans.

More you think about it the more it looks like they weren’t wanting to risk him winning the Cup Final, and probably why he didn’t get to use the January window to work on the squad.

I’d say Kensell and Gordon would have no qualms about sacking Maloney before the end of the season if he goes on a bad run, (or before the split if he continues this one)

I think you're right. If they do have to sack Maloney it will be because it's went completely disastrous - I would hope Ron would pay it his on pocket.

A Hi-Bee
06-02-2022, 06:27 PM
Yawn!
:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
06-02-2022, 06:37 PM
Seems to me Jack Ross is more popular now with Hibs fans than he ever was when he was our manager

I think it’s just the majority who weren’t saying anything are now the ones making the noise.

Anyway my answer is number 1 - we can’t just keep asking managers when they have a bad run.

Bobby's Cinema
06-02-2022, 06:53 PM
Haha I was thinking absolutely the same thing. Quickest turn around ever going by the percentages on this poll.

Sioux
06-02-2022, 06:55 PM
What is this BS supposed to achieve?

Crab apple
06-02-2022, 07:01 PM
It was absolutely the right decision to sack JR. We were on a horrendous run of form. His last game at Livi was brutal. Add to that the fact he had apparently fallen out with RG then he had to go.
I must admit to being surprised that we went for an untested manager as his replacement but we've got SM now and we should give him the rest of the season and a window to see what he's made of.

theonlywayisup
06-02-2022, 07:07 PM
What is this BS supposed to achieve?

What's any post on Hibs.net supposed to achieve?

I posted the poll as it's a good way of assessing the views of the fans without reading multiple threads with the same rhubarb, in Boris speak.

If you don't like it, so be it.

B.H.F.C
06-02-2022, 07:27 PM
Option 3 for me.

It wasn’t so much wanting JR sacked, but after his last game it was clear his time was up. Was never his biggest fan but I was pretty much in the ‘not fussed either way’ camp up until then.

Walking out of that Livingston game I just felt like there was no chance of him turning it round though, he was done and for me we did the right thing getting rid.

Once he was away we got the short term lift taking 10 points from our next 4 league games. The players have reverted to type though. Watching the game yesterday was no different to watching a game late in Ross’s time and it was largely the same players.

I thought we were on to something with Maloney in the first couple of games but it’s been dreadful since the break. Two criticisms for me, I thought he tried to over complicate it at Parkhead when he didn’t need to and that killed a bit of momentum. And he didn’t address the most glaring issues we have in the window. How much of that was down to him with just being in the door, I’m not sure so I’m prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. He’s also had his best player sold. I think he inherited a poor squad and I’m pretty sure he probably thinks similarly. However, he needs to pick up some wins soon. Arbroath away and Ross County at home are huge for him.

Eyrie
06-02-2022, 07:34 PM
The first public criticism I made of Ross was after the Livingston loss, when I said that he would be in trouble soon if results didn't improve. I wasn't ready to sack him at that point, but Hibs did just that the next morning.

I've expressed concerns about Maloney based on us being worse after he had the winter break to work with the players and the slow possession obsession that doesn't suit our current players. I'm not calling for his head but I would like Maloney to be capable of amending his approach to suit who we currently have

So I voted #1.

NC1875
06-02-2022, 07:56 PM

Exactly. The football was terrible. Give Maloney some time,if it’s still Terrible next season then call for his head fair enough.

But **** me, he’s been here 5 mins

JimBHibees
06-02-2022, 09:11 PM
Has .net started a competition to see how many ****hin threads there can be on this subject? Honestly getting tired of this site.

Yep absolute nonsense this apparent campaign to rip our club apart

Paul1642
06-02-2022, 09:29 PM
Can’t vote on my phone but a 1 for now. Not sure at what stage that will become a 2 though (hopefully never). All for giving him a chance but I’m also not going to forget that Butcher got us relegated from a reasonably safe position.

Not that I’m suggesting that things are close to that bad, just bearing it in mind as the football on offer right now is not top 6 material.

Paul1642
06-02-2022, 09:31 PM

I think it just frustrates a lot of fans that we sacked a very good manger as soon as he hit his first bad run. We have been so patient with some fools over the years and many fans were confident in Ross turning this around.

The new manager failing to improve things (we have went backwards imo) makes things worse. One of the best managers we have ever sacked.

theonlywayisup
07-02-2022, 06:10 AM

Yep absolute nonsense this apparent campaign to rip our club apart

Do you guys post this on every thread since Saturday or just this one?

I'm not sure if you realised but there is a difference between this one and all the rest. I'm trying to assess if fans are in the "I'll always give our managers time" category or "sack as soon as we hit a bad run of games" and the two groupings in between. Reading this website, you would think everyone wanted SM gone, but that's not the case and the poll results confirm that.

Sioux
07-02-2022, 09:27 AM
Do you guys post this on every thread since Saturday or just this one?

I'm not sure if you realised but there is a difference between this one and all the rest. I'm trying to assess if fans are in the "I'll always give our managers time" category or "sack as soon as we hit a bad run of games" and the two groupings in between. Reading this website, you would think everyone wanted SM gone, but that's not the case and the poll results confirm that.

If that's what you wanted to hear, then that should have been stated in the poll. Your questions add nothing new to the already hundreds of comments of whether JR should have been sacked, or whether SM should be sacked.

It was another thread repeating what has been expressed all over the board.

Now you've got the results, what's your analysis? (Which should not be be X% want this, Y% want that).

where'stheslope
07-02-2022, 09:35 AM
Voted 1
We need to stop moaning every time we lose to get rid of the manager!
It costs the club money that could be used to help bring in better players.
Every team has a blip and Sean is just in the door, and has not really had a chance to make his mark yet.
He's lost our best player and so far nothing back from it?
I just hope its not back to our after Christmas collapse!!!

Mick O'Rourke
07-02-2022, 09:44 AM

Agree

Another ridiculous,useless and pointless thread.

Be sack the board next.
Some of the threads about Shaun are so embarrassing...and nuts!

The 90+2
07-02-2022, 03:06 PM
Agree

Another ridiculous,useless and pointless thread.

Be sack the board next.
Some of the threads about Shaun are so embarrassing...and nuts!

This thread doesn't read even remotely from the beginning that it was created with any underlying agenda to remove the manager.

It's not ridiculous either, it's gauging an opinion.

theonlywayisup
07-02-2022, 04:10 PM
This thread doesn't read even remotely from the beginning that it was created with any underlying agenda to remove the manager.

It's not ridiculous either, it's gauging an opinion.

Thanks! It's only posted to gauge opinion, as you note.

At no point was it written to undermine SM. In fact, the majority (81%) appear to be supportive of him, at this moment. Maybe some people should actually read the posts before jumping to conclusions.

The 90+2
07-02-2022, 04:13 PM

At no point was it written to undermine SM. In fact, the majority (81%) appear to be supportive of him, at this moment. Maybe some people should actually read the posts before jumping to conclusions.

Exactly, the people moaning should be happy with it :greengrin

Mick O'Rourke
07-02-2022, 04:30 PM
Exactly, the people moaning should be happy with it :greengrin

Well dinnae moan at my post then.:greengrin

Look forward to post match threads and polls on Wednesday night /Thursday morning.:cb

SlickShoes
07-02-2022, 04:39 PM

This is what is always interesting, when you read .net it seems overwhelmingly negative, but then a poll like this happens and the outcome is the opposite of what you'd expect.

The 90+2
07-02-2022, 04:42 PM
Well dinnae moan at my post then.:greengrin

Look forward to post match threads and polls on Wednesday night /Thursday morning.:cb

:greengrin a *** dinnae :greengrin

Yorkshire HFC
07-02-2022, 05:14 PM
I had come to the conclusion that JR had taken us as far as he could.

Ofcourse he'd taken us as far as he could - 3rd place and cup finals - where else is there for Hibs to go?

And Hibs are never going to do that every year - that's sport.

The expectations from people are totally unrealistic - but let's hope that Maloney gets some time and can get us back to winning ways.

Jim44
07-02-2022, 05:18 PM

First paragraph says it all. RG had decided he wanted shot of JR and in the background had withdrawn support. He couldn’t risk JR winning the cup and had to move. It’s his baby, so why shouldn’t he? It remains to be seen whether he has made a good choice in Maloney. I think he is ruthless but not deserving of the ‘Ron the con’ title, some have given him. However, if Maloney doesn’t deliver, he’ll go.

Hibiza
07-02-2022, 05:38 PM

3 , Jack was useless , lucky runs to finals and was just not good enough. Viva Maloney.

Caversham Green
07-02-2022, 06:04 PM
First paragraph says it all. RG had decided he wanted shot of JR and in the background had withdrawn support. He couldn’t risk JR winning the cup and had to move. It’s his baby, so why shouldn’t he? It remains to be seen whether he has made a good choice in Maloney. I think he is ruthless but not deserving of the ‘Ron the con’ title, some have given him. However, if Maloney doesn’t deliver, he’ll go.

For a club like Hibs (or any club really) the owner sacking the manager because of a 'risk' that he might win a cup would be an act of monumental stupidity regardless of the personal relationship between the two.

I hope you're wrong, but fear you might be right - that wouldn't bode well for the future.

Jim44
07-02-2022, 06:10 PM
3 , Jack was useless , lucky runs to finals and was just not good enough. Viva Maloney.

I personally don’t think your first statement is accurate, but let’s agree to disagree. The poll, as it stands just now, suggests a majority wanted JR to stay, despite the notion that his style of football was safe and boring, thinking that he would get us through the lean spell, but, being true Hibs supporters only wanting success for our club, have accepted RG’s decision and continue to offer backing and support. No true Hibby can argue against your ‘viva Maloney’ slogan but the future remains to be seen. If it all goes tits up, the majority preference will be seen to have been the correct one. For the sake of the club, I hope that RG has made the right decision.

Caversham Green
07-02-2022, 06:26 PM

Who did we play in the semis?

What was the score?

theonlywayisup
07-02-2022, 06:27 PM
This is what is always interesting, when you read .net it seems overwhelmingly negative, but then a poll like this happens and the outcome is the opposite of what you'd expect.

Which is exactly the reason I did this as a poll. Reading the majority of the threads, you would think the majority think it's all doom and gloom, and we should be sacking SM.

Doing it as a poll, you get a feel for what Hibs.net is thinking without the anger and frustration surfacing. You'll notice not many arguments on this thread.

Some may think this is absolute nonsense and an apparent campaign to rip our club apart, but they are talking absolute rhubarb.

SMAXXA
07-02-2022, 06:38 PM

He really wasn’t. Love how people play down achievements and results to spin their own narrative, no one’s ever lucky getting to a final.

bigwheel
07-02-2022, 06:40 PM
He really wasn’t. Love how people play down achievements and results to spin their own narrative, no one’s ever lucky getting to a final.

Agree. Two finals and five semi finals in a row if I’m not mistaken. Let’s hope those days don’t seem like a distant dream in the coming seasons

Stevie Reid
07-02-2022, 06:49 PM

Highest league finish in 16 years, two cup finals in six months and a 49% win ratio.

Was he **** useless.

The 90+2
07-02-2022, 06:59 PM
Highest league finish in 16 years, two cup finals in six months and a 49% win ratio.

Was he **** useless.

It depends who you compare him to really. If it's Sir Alex, then probably.

If it's every single Hibs manager since the 90s (at least) then it's ridiculous to suggest it.

WestCoastHibby
07-02-2022, 09:50 PM
I feel your pain. It’s really woeful this place a lot of the time…..

Steven79
07-02-2022, 10:43 PM
For a club like Hibs (or any club really) the owner sacking the manager because of a 'risk' that he might win a cup would be an act of monumental stupidity regardless of the personal relationship between the two.

I hope you're wrong, but fear you might be right - that wouldn't bode well for the future.I think he's right as it's what I've thought for a while.

Ron wanted to get rid of him and if Jack won a cup then that would make it much harder so sacked him before.

We basically sacrificed a cup final because the owner didn't fancy the manager.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
07-02-2022, 10:46 PM
Agree. Two finals and five semi finals in a row if I’m not mistaken. Let’s hope those days don’t seem like a distant dream in the coming seasons

Well it’s unlikely we will be going this year unless we find ways to score goals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since452
11-02-2022, 10:51 AM
Alex Neil in advanced talks with Sunderland. I thought he'd be a stick on for the Hibs job after Ross. Will be interesting to see how hw gets on where so many others have failed.

The 90+2
11-02-2022, 10:59 AM
Alex Neil in advanced talks with Sunderland. I thought he'd be a stick on for the Hibs job after Ross. Will be interesting to see how hw gets on where so many others have failed.

Not enough money in the hibs job and wanted to stay down south.

Lago
11-02-2022, 11:06 AM
Not enough money in the hibs job and wanted to stay down south.
Can't blame him for that, sensible.

Hibernian Verse
11-02-2022, 11:09 AM

Also Hibs must be the worst job in the SPFL. Fans want managers sacked every two weeks.

The 90+2
11-02-2022, 11:21 AM

Especially when he is still being paid by Preston and lives down there.

I actually think he will end up at the PBS. Their DoF is the boy they brought from PNE.

The 90+2
11-02-2022, 11:23 AM
Also Hibs must be the worst job in the SPFL. Fans want managers sacked every two weeks.

Aberdeen aren't the most patient bunch either (McInness now Glass) and Cathro was sacked over the road really quickly. I don't think it's exclusive to our fans and I don't think many wanted Stubbs, Lennon, Hecky or Ross out really quickly tbf, it just seems this way at the moment.

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2022, 11:29 AM
I think he's right as it's what I've thought for a while.

Ron wanted to get rid of him and if Jack won a cup then that would make it much harder so sacked him before.

I wonder how long before this becomes fact.

The 90+2
11-02-2022, 11:33 AM
I wonder how long before this becomes fact.

It's the only logical explanation in having David Gray manage us in a national final.

JimBHibees
11-02-2022, 11:43 AM
It's the only logical explanation in having David Gray manage us in a national final.

Not really

Daily Hibs
11-02-2022, 12:14 PM
Wrong appointment. Should have been McInnes.

hibeerealist
11-02-2022, 12:20 PM
I think he's right as it's what I've thought for a while.

Jesus, what are you guys drinking what a load o pash!!!!

The joker stating a majority wanted JR to stay - aye only Hibs.net

B.H.F.C
11-02-2022, 12:22 PM

How’s he started at Kilmarnock?

Daily Hibs
11-02-2022, 12:43 PM
How’s he started at Kilmarnock?
How's Maloney started with us? Maloney is an unknown quantity with no experience in our league. McInnes has a proven track record of success over a long period of time.

WhileTheChief..
11-02-2022, 12:53 PM

Nonsense, it's one of the top 5 jobs in the country.

Most fans only want managers sacked when they underperform, which is why you're reading this kinda stuff recently.

B.H.F.C
11-02-2022, 12:54 PM
How's Maloney started with us? Maloney is an unknown quantity with no experience in our league. McInnes has a proven track record of success over a long period of time.

Aye and they’ve both had a poor start in their respective jobs despite their differing careers. McInnes wasn’t the answer for us when you see the kind of things our previous manager was getting criticised for.

Since452
11-02-2022, 12:55 PM
I was actually quite keen for McInnes to come here. His record at Aberdeen was outstanding. I think he and Jack Ross are quite similar though and after sacking Ross the club had to go in a different direction.

The Spaceman
11-02-2022, 12:57 PM

Totally agreed - we are actually in the top 5 worst clubs in the whole of the UK for managerial turnaround over the past c.2 decades. Our fans need to get a grip and start thinking long-term, which the Maloney project very much is. I don't care if we are losing narrowly just now if we are going to blow teams away in 2-3 years time. He is trying to get us to play how top teams play - that will take time and we will reap the reward. That is how we progress.

we are hibs
11-02-2022, 01:06 PM
Wrong appointment. Should have been McInnes.I thought you said previously you wanted Barry Ferguson as manager?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
11-02-2022, 01:15 PM
Totally agreed - we are actually in the top 5 worst clubs in the whole of the UK for managerial turnaround over the past c.2 decades. Our fans need to get a grip and start thinking long-term, which the Maloney project very much is. I don't care if we are losing narrowly just now if we are going to blow teams away in 2-3 years time. He is trying to get us to play how top teams play - that will take time and we will reap the reward. That is how we progress.

If he keeps losing narrowly just now he’ll not be around in a couple of years to blow teams away and neither he should be. It’s fine talking about building but you need to get results whilst doing it. We’re not going to sell season tickets for 2022/23 with the promise of good football in 2024/25.

There are a lot of clubs who are a lot more trigger happy than Hibs these days, even these top ones.

Hibernian Verse
11-02-2022, 01:18 PM
I thought you said previously you wanted Barry Ferguson as manager?

Daily Hearts.

WhileTheChief..
11-02-2022, 01:22 PM

Disagree with all of this.

You can’t possibly know that we are building to have a team in 2 or years. That’s simply your own take on things.

No chance RG wants that. He’s stated several times that he wants us in cup finals and top 4, then euro group stages.

If we’ve got to wait a few years until we’re blowing teams away, it will be in front of an empty ER.

Bostonhibby
11-02-2022, 01:23 PM
Daily Hearts.I'd have gone for Arthur Daley with Terry McCann as his assistant.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Since452
11-02-2022, 01:26 PM
If he keeps losing narrowly just now he’ll not be around in a couple of years to blow teams away and neither he should be. It’s fine talking about building but you need to get results whilst doing it. We’re not going to sell season tickets for 2022/23 with the promise of good football in 2024/25.

There are a lot of clubs who are a lot more trigger happy than Hibs these days, even these top ones.

:agree::top marks

jacomo
11-02-2022, 02:46 PM
I know we were on a bad run but for me Jack had credit in the bank and should not have been sacked. Doing so a week before the league cup final was wrong, and smacks of arrogance - as if cup finals are routine for us and not something to celebrate. I hope that never happens again.

Of course, I don’t know what was happening behind the scenes and if the relationship between CEO/owner and manager had broken down, maybe there was no alternative.

I have reservations about Maloney and some of our transfer business, but we also signed some exciting players last month. More than that, the club is showing real ambition.

I think we have no option but to back the new team and hope it clicks sooner rather than later. This is true even if we get beat at Abroath.

Maybe, just maybe, a nothing season will lead to great things. We now have a younger squad and if they click this team could achieve something special.

Daily Hibs
11-02-2022, 02:57 PM
I thought you said previously you wanted Barry Ferguson as manager?

You are referring to my post when discussing left field shouts for a new manager. Maloney is simply the Celtic version of the left field shout I made.

It's clear Maloney is the wrong appointment.

CropleyWasGod
11-02-2022, 03:46 PM
You are referring to my post when discussing left field shouts for a new manager. Maloney is simply the Celtic version of the left field shout I made.

After less than 10 games?

What's tomorrow's Lottery numbers?

JimBHibees
11-02-2022, 04:10 PM

Isn't clear at all. Just needs a break and think confidence will flow through the team. Hanlon Newell and Magennis for example immediately improves the team markedly

WhileTheChief..
11-02-2022, 04:35 PM
Isn't clear at all. Just needs a break and think confidence will flow through the team. Hanlon Newell and Magennis for example immediately improves the team markedly

Isn't that just wishful thinking or hoping to be lucky?

We could have anyone as manager if it's just a matter of getting a break!

As time goes by, if he doesn't get a break, it will be become abundantly clear that he's not the right man for the job. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he realises it himself and walks away.

JimBHibees
11-02-2022, 04:36 PM

As time goes by, if he doesn't get a break, it will be become abundantly clear that he's not the right man for the job. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he realises it himself and walks away.

Maybe but think his and the players hard work will come to fruition

jacomo
11-02-2022, 05:15 PM

On the other side, this is his first job as manager. He’s bound to make mistakes.

He’s clearly committed to it because he left a pretty cushy job to be here. So I think it’s quite possible things could improve.

Alan62
11-02-2022, 05:20 PM

Derek McInnes? For Hibs? Where's the 'wow' smiley?

WhileTheChief..
11-02-2022, 06:13 PM
On the other side, this is his first job as manager. He’s bound to make mistakes.

He’s clearly committed to it because he left a pretty cushy job to be here.

Fair points you make.

I think I’m just more impatient this time around as I didn’t think things were all that bad before.

theonlywayisup
13-02-2022, 05:12 PM
To back up my point made on the "Don't see any Shaun out" thread, the majority don't want him sacked.

As long as we keep winning, the majority of the fans will be happy. Today was good, but better teams could have made it harder for us.

theonlywayisup
22-03-2022, 12:01 PM
Is it time to resurface this thread :stirrer:

MKHIBEE
22-03-2022, 12:54 PM

Why would it be?

PatHead
25-03-2022, 09:55 PM
Owen Couple officially announced at Queen's Park.

Eyrie
26-03-2022, 10:26 AM
Owen Couple officially announced at Queen's Park.

What? Both of them?

(Sorry - couldn't resist!)

Iain G
26-03-2022, 10:40 AM
What? Both of them?

(Sorry - couldn't resist!)

Should have signed for hearts! Then they could have continued to be Owen it to themselves 🤣

Mick O'Rourke
26-03-2022, 10:41 AM

Tarmac or gravel chips? :hmmm:

Keith_M
26-03-2022, 11:10 AM
I just can't stand the style of play under Miller and think he needs replaced.

HoboHarry
26-03-2022, 01:56 PM
I just can't stand the style of play under Miller and think he needs replaced.

Agreed, with Jim Duffy maybe?