PDA

View Full Version : Not too up or down this morning

McGruber
06-02-2022, 08:32 AM
As football fans we generally tend to live in the extremes, even us longer in the tooth fans seen it before get caught up in it when we know better. From utter dejection afrer Livi, to spring in step feeling the love after improved showing in derby back to dejection after St Mirren. The terms knee jerk reaction, happy clappers - most football fans get caught up in that nature of it. It's just so emotive supporting your club.
I'm more balanced this morning than I usually would be. Awful on the park just now no doubt. Maloney giving me red marks on my head with head scratching line ups and subs. Lack of tactical nous and worryingly a seeming lack of learning from mistakes. A rigid set up not suiting personnel and nervous sounding a bit cathro esque interviews. Gone backwards since his appointment so far no doubt. Don't get me started on Drey Wright and James Scott's inclusions and Scott Allan's omissions. Looking at the starting line up with Campbell and JDH in the middle you'd have lumped on St Mirren if you weren't so loyal. How Maloney isn't seeing this is beyond me.

There's some of the negatives.. some..

Plenty to be positive about the club just now though. Boyle has left the building. Jack Ross record at Hibs wouldn't have been as good without him. We were so very reliant on him his sudden absence was always going to be nuclear. Couple the loss of Boyle with new players and system and an initial hit of bad results/blunt attacks was always somewhat likely. Inevitable certainly not and Maloney should be doing better. Some other manager not changing things so radically might have done better.

Change was needed though and is somewhat admirable Maloney has belief in his convictions. He needs time, he needs a summer window and for one I hope he gets both. He also needs to start learning on the job though.

Positives - loads for me. Ron Gordon has invested. Shown his willingness to spend and willingness to gamble. Been a long time since we have invested as heavy in the squad. Invested heavy in youth/development.. and infrastructure. How impressive was Easter Road Tuesday night. He is commited whether the Maloney appointment was wrong or not.

A poor team just now.. yip. It's set up, tactics, tempo, drive, gaping hole in the middle, ponderous, predictable, slow.

Players though I like. Even the new signings are showing up well - Henderson improving. Rocky, Jasper, Mueller look good. Porteous, Nisbet, Doidge, Newell, Magennis, Clarke, Cadden. Think we have good players for every position - we just aren't adding up to the sum of our parts.

We are possibly only a bit light squad wise in the middle of the park even with Magennis fit. No major surgery required.

All in all, still sore from last night and Maloney does nothing but worry me but I'm going to strap in for the ride and am optimistic for the future, if not the immediate future. We have good players, we are capable.. are us fans capable of patience? .. are any?

FilipinoHibs
06-02-2022, 08:40 AM
Still very sore after dropping another 3 points at home. Vital games ahead at Ibrox, Abroath and Ross County at home.

Since452
06-02-2022, 08:48 AM
Feeling very apathetic towards Hibs at the minute. I'd have been buzzing about a Scottish cup away day normally but will take me to watch the Arbroath game on TV. Just want this season over and we'll hopefully see an improvement next season.

hibee-boys
06-02-2022, 08:51 AM
We need Newell to remain fit and Magennis back asap, we just cannot be going into any games with a midfield 2 of Campbell/JDH. I honestly think we’ve brough some good footballers into the club, willing to give the manager time to bring them together into one unit.

bigwheel
06-02-2022, 08:54 AM
I’m pretty gutted tbh. Five without a win in the league. Only win this year was in extra time v Cove. As a Hibs fan this is a horrible run.

May21/05/16
06-02-2022, 08:55 AM
I'm one of the what people say happy clappers we're sitting 5th in the league and the bedwetters are saying it's Ron Gordon's fault geez peace were coming out of a pandemic were still afloat and maloney will be a great appointment some are saying he's out of his depth are like me they know the square root of fxxx all so I'm happy being a happy clapper [emoji1184][emoji1184][emoji1184]

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk