PDA

View Full Version : Ron - can we trust him

Hibees1973
05-02-2022, 04:35 PM
Know there are other threads about Maloney, style of play and poorly performing players, but the main issue I have is how our club is being run. If it has no direction or clarity from the top, it's never going to go well.

Now that Ron has got rid of everyone who had authority at Hibs prior to him coming in, the club is unrecognisable to the one we had between 2014 - 2020.

It's now becoming clear to most of us that Ron does not have a clue. A concern I have now is the financial stability of the club in the long term. Firing staff, rewarding players such as Campbell & Doyle-Hayes with 3-4 year contracts, employing his son in a prominent position, hiring a rookie manager means the club has spent a fair bit of money and made a big financial commitment for the next few years. It also has dire consequences if attendances continue to dwindle away. We will be lucky to sell 7,000 season tickets if things continue like this.

Is Ron going to take personal responsibility for this financial hit, or does it land at the door of the club. If it does land at the door of the club the next owner could have their hands tied due to the stupid decisions made by Ron.

I just find it reckless and strange that so many good people have left Hibs since Ron came in. If Maloney's team keep up these inept and insipid performances he won't last long going by Ron's book.

Waxy
05-02-2022, 04:38 PM
Its now becoming clear we cant lose a football match without our supporters brains exploding.

Mick O'Rourke
05-02-2022, 05:07 PM
Its now becoming clear we cant lose a football match without our supporters brains exploding.

Aye this generation of Hibby's should have been around when Walter Galbraith was manager.
Brains would have melted !!
Hibs just avoided relegation in both seasons that Galbraith managed the club.

So Walter got a bit of time and other clubs got brown envelopes !!:greengrin

We need a good 6 yard box striker, or poacher, if you like that term.
In the mould of Stan Vincent and Jimmy O'Rourke .
Wee nippy types..like John Robertson,too.
We have players that can get to by line and cross the ball .
Just need clever enough players to meet those balls.
Simple .....as Eddie Turnbull would say !

May21/05/16
05-02-2022, 05:20 PM
Its now becoming clear we cant lose a football match without our supporters brains exploding.Agree

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
05-02-2022, 05:34 PM
E
Aye this generation of Hibby's should have been around when Walter Galbraith was manager.

Mind you Walter didn’t half sign some good players.

The 90+2
05-02-2022, 05:34 PM
In general - yes.

His judgement - debatable.

Mick O'Rourke
05-02-2022, 05:40 PM
E

Mind you Walter didn’t half sign some good players.

He did that.
Ma Mother made him a cuppa with a bourbon when he came to lure Jimmy to Easter Road.
More tea, Mr Galbraith !! ?

Glad he came.
Me and ma wee brothers got a rare bourbon biscuit !

MWHIBBIES
05-02-2022, 05:43 PM
Don't think he's untrustworthy, just doesn't know anything about football. Neither does kensell. At least not Scottish football

Waxy
05-02-2022, 05:44 PM

John Robertson lol. If only there was an available wee fat striker with quick feet who was a also a fan for us at the moment?

BT58
05-02-2022, 05:45 PM
All managers are a gamble. Lets give SM a chance. Once hes had 3 windows to get players in lets think about it then. The club is under transition, we wont go down, Europe is a big ask, but not over yet. It sometimes takes a flukey strike to get a goal, also just a wee tweak in the selections can help.
B

Alfred E Newman
05-02-2022, 05:47 PM
All managers are a gamble. Lets give SM a chance. Once hes had 3 windows to get players in lets think about it then. The club is under transition, we wont go down, Europe is a big ask, but not over yet. It sometimes takes a flukey strike to get a goal, also just a wee tweak in the selections can help.
B

Another transitional period. How exciting.

Pretty Boy
05-02-2022, 05:49 PM
Him and BK have ripped up a structure that was stable and often successful and so far whatever they have put in place has created a mess.

Do I believe there is anything nefarious about him or them? No. Do I think their judgement thus far suggests they will build a club capable of sustained success and good performance? Also no.

ian cruise
05-02-2022, 05:53 PM
Ron hasn't done anything to doubt he has Hibernian's best interest at heart.

He thought recruitment could be improved so made changes. He might be wrong but it's not like he came in, sold the family silver and built a team around loans.

He thought the manager was underperforming and replaced him. A large number of the fan base agreed. Many fans and those with no affiliation to the club though Maloney was a good opportunity for the club to get someone with real potential. It's early days, he still might be the best thing to happen to the club since David Gray signed. Again it's not like we just went with a lower league appointment that was penny pinching, the new appointments won't have been cheap collectively.

It's rotten to support Hibs right now but it's not due to lack of trying on Ron's part. The people he's trusting to take the club forward need to start repaying his commitment to them (players and backroom staff).

Onion
05-02-2022, 05:54 PM
Ron will find out the hard way if sacking Ross and recruiting Malloney was right and it will come in season ticket sales and gate receipts.

The 90+2
05-02-2022, 05:56 PM
Him and BK have ripped up a structure that was stable and often successful and so far whatever they have put in place has created a mess.

Do I believe there is anything nefarious about him or them? No. Do I think their judgement thus far suggests they will build a club capable of sustained success and good performance? Also no.

Aye this.

I would like to hear KP's view (probably unofficially) as he is always one to take a step back and whenever I've spoken to him on the majority of Hibernian issues his opinion is second to none.

matty_f
05-02-2022, 05:58 PM
I trust what he’s doing and think that, by and large, he’s trying to do what he said he’d do.

I think the structure we had precisely was good, but it’s fair to say it wasn’t perfect and we can see that there was a lot more that could be done to push the club on.

You look at the the investment in the youth, Steve Keane, players brought in - that’s building for the future, and we’ve invested in the squad for the here and now.

Not winning a few games early in Maloney’s tenure doesn’t mean that it is all wrong.

GreenCastle
05-02-2022, 05:58 PM
I trust Ron. He’s a good guy and while he’s different to LD and STF he means well. Jambos are desperate for this to become a complete mess but don’t think that will happen. We have seen changes at the club since as new screens etc but still more has to be done and playing side is most important.

The concern is the structure and making so many changes.

There were definitely some staff who were comfortable and needing replaced but also some have been moved on.

Ben is pretty ruthless and is determined to make this a success and if that means upsetting some folk then that may happen. But at the same time it helps having everyone pulling in same direction.

Hibs90
05-02-2022, 06:02 PM
I don't think theres any doubt as to RG's intentions but for me the decision making has got to be questioned. Ripped apart the structure of the club (why?) and we have this new structure which just seems to be a complete cluster****. Is this what 'the next level' is? Same for Kensell, I'm not convinced he's making the right decisions at an executive level tbh.

Hibbyradge
05-02-2022, 06:03 PM
Know there are other threads about Maloney, style of play and poorly performing players, but the main issue I have is how our club is being run. If it has no direction or clarity from the top, it's never going to go well.

Now that Ron has got rid of everyone who had authority at Hibs prior to him coming in, the club is unrecognisable to the one we had between 2014 - 2020.

It's now becoming clear to most of us that Ron does not have a clue. A concern I have now is the financial stability of the club in the long term. Firing staff, rewarding players such as Campbell & Doyle-Hayes with 3-4 year contracts, employing his son in a prominent position, hiring a rookie manager means the club has spent a fair bit of money and made a big financial commitment for the next few years. It also has dire consequences if attendances continue to dwindle away. We will be lucky to sell 7,000 season tickets if things continue like this.

Is Ron going to take personal responsibility for this financial hit, or does it land at the door of the club. If it does land at the door of the club the next owner could have their hands tied due to the stupid decisions made by Ron.

I just find it reckless and strange that so many good people have left Hibs since Ron came in. If Maloney's team keep up these inept and insipid performances he won't last long going by Ron's book.

Tldr

cameronw-hfc
05-02-2022, 06:12 PM
Aye this.

I would like to hear KP's view (probably unofficially) as he is always one to take a step back and whenever I've spoken to him on the majority of Hibernian issues his opinion is second to none.

Tbf I've never interacted with KP on any of my Twitter accounts but im blocked from him. Atrocious patter from the fans rep. Didn't even know he had a twitter till someone retweeted one of his posts and I asked who it was as I couldn't see it haha.

Viva_Palmeiras
05-02-2022, 06:16 PM

Indeed - Boom :)

Unseen work
05-02-2022, 06:18 PM
100% can trust him.

For me he’s just a bit naive and trying to change things too quick.

He had very trusted people in the club like Dempster, George Craig and Mathie who have all gone for various reason.

He genuinely wants to make us the best of the rest and has clearly seen things he doesn’t agree with or thinks we can do better in hence the changes.

There have been questionable decisions though like the Ross contract extension, extension of lots of players contracts to only sack Ross shortly thereafter leaving Maloney with players he might not rate.

The squad is a bit of a mess and lacking quality and we never had much progression from the youth squad. He’s trying to rectify that and almost turn us into a Brentford type of team which has proven to be successful.

These things ultimately take time and patience though, something that doesn’t happen when you’re losing.

SeanWilson
05-02-2022, 06:23 PM
B

3 windows? What are you on? Wait till after next summer to transition again?

Mick O'Rourke
05-02-2022, 06:23 PM
John Robertson lol. If only there was an available wee fat striker with quick feet who was a also a fan for us at the moment?
Long gone now is that opportunity,sadly.

Callum_62
05-02-2022, 06:26 PM
I heard kensell was driving away at HT to meet Tescos about a new development opportunity in leith.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Mrimbetween
05-02-2022, 06:30 PM
Its not that i dont trust Ron, but he's a businessman and all about making cash to these people, total control as well is never ideal either as we have seen in the past how troublesome that can be to others. Same old but time will tell for me

Heisenberg
05-02-2022, 06:32 PM
I heard kensell was driving away at HT to meet Tescos about a new development oppournity in leith.

Wondered why basically none of them appeared in their seats for the second half :greengrin Just guessed they wanted to go and watch the rugby.

PolmontHibby
05-02-2022, 06:37 PM
I trust no one other than myself 100% (and I let myself down a lot).

I trust fellow lifelong Hibernian supporters less than myself, but reasonably well.

I have never met Ron Gordon and I expect I never will, therefore as a born cynic I cannot say I do trust him. Equally I cannot say I have any reason not to trust him - but if we ever get in to a position that we (for example) spend behind our means and owe him (or his family loans (or as others would call it investment) I will be very concerned.

Waxy
05-02-2022, 06:45 PM
No, can’t lose a decent manager then employ an untried manager who has shown he is totally out of his depth, then get beat by a better Livingstone, then contrive to gift a better St Mirren side a win - without supporters brains exploding.

Well the glass is always half empty.
A loud percentage of our fans seem to turn completely against the entire club as soon as we fall behind in a match.
Guess this is social media and the modern way with football.

Is It On....
05-02-2022, 06:50 PM

"Now that Ron has got rid of everyone who had authority at Hibs prior to him coming in, the club is unrecognisable to the one we had between 2014 - 2020."

This is the key point - we have a brand new set so we will need to wait and see the success (or otherwise) of all the changes. Clearly results on the pitch will dictate whether the other changes are given a chance to succeed.

percy veer
05-02-2022, 06:58 PM
Yeah I much prefer the hibs of 2014 relegated... but at least they showed direction what aload of tollies give it a rest will not be first time hibs have lost a game after a good derbyy result in fact loads of people probs had money on it

lord bunberry
05-02-2022, 06:59 PM
I like what he’s doing, it’s just not working on the pitch right now.

.Sean.
05-02-2022, 07:03 PM
I don’t distrust him he just needs to realise his audience. We want a team that continually competes with Hearts and Aberdeen and regularly beats teams our budget dwarfs ie Livi and St Mirren. We don’t need flashy big screens or visions of an Americanised Easter Road while stands are falling down, we don’t need vegan kiosks and sexually orientated exclusive supporters groups while simultaneously claiming ‘we are all Hibs’

If RG was a manager he’s losing the dressing room and fast. He’s been here 3 years and bar appeasing social media hang ons he’s gone backwards. He doesn’t get us

Were absolutely ***** and transfer window after window he’s no put his money where his mouth is and buying untried youngsters isn’t addressing the problem

ShetlandHibby
05-02-2022, 08:07 PM
Yeah I much prefer the hibs of 2014 relegated... but at least they showed direction what aload of tollies give it a rest will not be first time hibs have lost a game after a good derbyy result in fact loads of people probs had money on it

It’s this attitude that annoys me. How is a nil nil draw at home a good result? Is that the level we operate at? It’s no wonder they call us the wee club!

The 90+2
05-02-2022, 08:22 PM
I don’t distrust him he just needs to realise his audience. We want a team that continually competes with Hearts and Aberdeen and regularly beats teams our budget dwarfs ie Livi and St Mirren. We don’t need flashy big screens or visions of an Americanised Easter Road while stands are falling down, we don’t need vegan kiosks and sexually orientated exclusive supporters groups while simultaneously claiming ‘we are all Hibs’

If RG was a manager he’s losing the dressing room and fast. He’s been here 3 years and bar appeasing social media hang ons he’s gone backwards. He doesn’t get us

Were absolutely ***** and transfer window after window he’s no put his money where his mouth is and buying untried youngsters isn’t addressing the problem

Spot on Sean.

tamig
05-02-2022, 09:34 PM
Ron hasn't done anything to doubt he has Hibernian's best interest at heart.

He thought recruitment could be improved so made changes. He might be wrong but it's not like he came in, sold the family silver and built a team around loans.

He thought the manager was underperforming and replaced him. A large number of the fan base agreed. Many fans and those with no affiliation to the club though Maloney was a good opportunity for the club to get someone with real potential. It's early days, he still might be the best thing to happen to the club since David Gray signed. Again it's not like we just went with a lower league appointment that was penny pinching, the new appointments won't have been cheap collectively.

It's rotten to support Hibs right now but it's not due to lack of trying on Ron's part. The people he's trusting to take the club forward need to start repaying his commitment to them (players and backroom staff).
Couldn’t agree more. I find it hard to believe folk are questioning him after a couple of poor recent results. I was going to stay off here for a couple of days as I knew what it would be like.

hibee-boys
05-02-2022, 09:41 PM
Can we trust him? Give me a break! What has he done thus far that would lead anyone to deduce that he’s got some hidden agenda. His main problem has been the fact that some of his staff aren’t performing at a standard expected of them. He’s obviously made a big call by sacking Jack Ross, he’s backed Maloney in the transfer market with probably more to come in the summer and invested into the stadium. What else would be expected of him?

IberianHibernian
05-02-2022, 09:54 PM
Ron will find out the hard way if sacking Ross and recruiting Malloney was right and it will come in season ticket sales and gate receipts.Falling crowds was one of the reasons for changing managers . What happens in rest of season will obviously affect season ticket sales before next season starts but if we finish badly but start next season well ( good results , entertaining play , interesting signings ) I`d expect season ticket and walk up sales to go up .

WestCoastHibby
05-02-2022, 10:23 PM
Never been convinced but it’s a bit early to be looking to get SMaloney out the door.
I’ve seen this cycle loads of times with Hibs; it’s Grade A pants but it’ll come good eventually

IberianHibernian
05-02-2022, 10:31 PM
Never been convinced but it’s a bit early to be looking to get SMaloney out the door.
I’ve seen this cycle loads of times with Hibs; it’s Grade A pants but it’ll come good eventuallyThis thread isn`t about manager . OP has asked if anyone is questionng plans of owner of our club .

Forza Fred
05-02-2022, 10:48 PM
Its not that i dont trust Ron, but he's a businessman and all about making cash to these people, total control as well is never ideal either as we have seen in the past how troublesome that can be to others. Same old but time will tell for me

???

Jones28
05-02-2022, 10:48 PM
Yes. Next.

WhileTheChief..
05-02-2022, 10:54 PM
I'd like to hear from him again.

He's always been really enthusiastic and positive whenever i've heard him speak before. It would be good to get his thoughts on how tings are going.

Danderhall Hibs
05-02-2022, 10:57 PM

On the football stuff it’s not just that - cos that’s what we were doing with the last manager and it wasn’t enough. We also demand attractive football played the Hibs way.

05-02-2022, 11:02 PM
Ron Gordon is pissing about playing golf in Miami and has bought a football club for his son to piss about with.

SMAXXA
05-02-2022, 11:25 PM

Are these the same fans that were delighted he sacked JR, shows he’s not settling for underperforming, building a new structure for sustainable pathway and signing a number of players paying fees for them.

Like any managerial appointment it’s a risk, will it work who knows but I’m not sure it’s fair questioning can we trust him.

pacorosssco
05-02-2022, 11:35 PM
Are these the same fans that were delighted he sacked JR, shows he’s not settling for underperforming, building a new structure for sustainable pathway and signing a number of players paying fees for them.

Like any managerial appointment it’s a risk, will it work who knows but I’m not sure it’s fair questioning can we trust him.

Spot on he's shown interested in improving the club across the board has made decisions on stuff petrie wouldn't even have looked at. Early days but all management appointments come with a risk. I believe Rod wants success for hibs as that is success for him

jeffers
05-02-2022, 11:38 PM
When is the AGM ?

05-02-2022, 11:54 PM
"Now that Ron has got rid of everyone who had authority at Hibs prior to him coming in, the club is unrecognisable to the one we had between 2014 - 2020."

This is the key point - we have a brand new set so we will need to wait and see the success (or otherwise) of all the changes. Clearly results on the pitch will dictate whether the other changes are given a chance to succeed.

George Craig retired and Leeann Dempster resigned 17 months after Ron came in. Graeme Mathie was seemingly sacked so is one that had some level of authority that Ron has got rid of (after he'd been promoted by Ron) so who else makes up this "everyone who had authority" you say he got rid of?

Keepthefaith
06-02-2022, 12:34 AM
I trust what he’s doing and think that, by and large, he’s trying to do what he said he’d do.

I think the structure we had precisely was good, but it’s fair to say it wasn’t perfect and we can see that there was a lot more that could be done to push the club on.

You look at the the investment in the youth, Steve Keane, players brought in - that’s building for the future, and we’ve invested in the squad for the here and now.

Not winning a few games early in Maloney’s tenure doesn’t mean that it is all wrong.

This! Well said 👋👋

Sean1875
06-02-2022, 12:39 AM
Just think how good we’ll be to watch in 4 years. Buzzing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keepthefaith
06-02-2022, 12:49 AM
Just think how good we’ll be to watch in 4 years. Buzzing.

But it's not about waiting 4 years is it? It's saying within 4 years there will be incremental progress visible. Who knows within 4 years we could be qualifying for Europa League group stages and cementing 3rd place. I'd be buzzing about that, especially with attractive possession based football!

Folk are only seeing what they want to see. Remember butcher and how well that turned out? Look at heckingbottom at sheff utd doing well now. I just believe the guy deserves a chance. Surely not too much to ask?!

smack
06-02-2022, 01:00 AM
I totally trust Ron in everything he is doing. That’s why I bought a season ticket.
Not everything you try in life works out but if you don’t try you’ll never succeed.
He said he would double the playing budget and I believe he will. He put in big screens to help pay to double the budget.
He’s invested a lot of money on players this window to improve the club but with a new style of play it may take time to see the improvements.
I’m willing to suffer a few defeats in the short term if it improves us in the long term

MrSmith
06-02-2022, 09:55 AM
Long gone now is that opportunity,sadly.

Who has he signed for?

Since452
06-02-2022, 10:00 AM
I don't think Ron is a con but I do think he's a bit naive. His heart is in the right place and I applaud him for the screens etc and some of the signings wouldn't have been cheap. I think he's been drawn in to this mythical "Hibs way" of playing though. Maloney has mentioned Mowbray numerous times. That hasn't come from Shaun. Was he not at Celtic when they binned Mowbray for being hopeless? Both he and Kensell seem very naive as to what Scottish football is all about. It's almost as if they base it on Hibs Twitter replies on a match day Tweet. Some very odd decisions coming out of Easter Road these days.

Jones28
06-02-2022, 10:00 AM
Ron Gordon is pissing about playing golf in Miami and has bought a football club for his son to piss about with.

That’s just nonsense in every sense of the word.

Major infrastructural investment with more to come.
Major investment in the playing squad in January.
Investment in the future with the academy.
Major investment in the management and coaching staff - bringing in 5/6 members of coaching staff doesn’t come cheap.

Vault Boy
06-02-2022, 10:01 AM

Absolutely bizzare that you'd bring the LGBT+ Supporters group, set up by KP and not the board by the way, into this conversation. Totally irrelevant. But for what it's worth, it's exactly this kind of initiative that means we CAN meaningfully use the tagline 'we are all Hibs'.

bigwheel
06-02-2022, 10:03 AM
Absolutely bizzare that you'd bring the LGBT+ Supporters group, set up by KP and not the board by the way, into this conversation. Totally irrelevant. But for what it's worth, it's exactly this kind of initiative that means we CAN meaningfully use the tagline 'we are all Hibs'.

100 percent …was a very strange set of points made . the reference used in the post you refer to, is exactly why we need to celebrate and include the diversity in our support ..

Brizo
06-02-2022, 10:40 AM
Time will tell whether the financial smoke and mirrors rumours that I'm hearing a lot about recently in terms of RGs 5 million "investment" are true or false but big flashy screens and vegan options are just window dressing when those who gave us such a stable footing for many years are no longer here and we seem to be a sporting experiment for the Gordon family.

We weren't RGS first or even second-choice Scottish club to buy so having an owner who viewed Hibs as his third option doesn't fill me with much confidence.

Hibs90
06-02-2022, 10:58 AM
Time will tell whether the financial smoke and mirrors rumours that I'm hearing a lot about recently in terms of RGs 5 million "investment" are true or false but big flashy screens and vegan options are just window dressing when those who gave us such a stable footing for many years are no longer here and we seem to be a sporting experiment for the Gordon family.

We weren't RGS first or even second-choice Scottish club to buy so having an owner who viewed Hibs as his third option doesn't fill me with much confidence.

Where's yer proof? Absolute nonsense. **** stirring.

CropleyWasGod
06-02-2022, 11:05 AM

What are the rumours?

JohnMcM
06-02-2022, 11:09 AM

What rumours ? Have you just started a rumour about rumours?

greenginger
06-02-2022, 11:14 AM
I trust Ron Gordon to the very best he can for our football club.

He may not get all the decision right and he may accept bad advice from time to time, but he wants Hibs to succeed.

I do know he had been trying to negotiate a purchase of the club from STF for over 2 years before the deal was struck, so it wasn’t just a overnight whim by Ron.

It will take time to get things right , but those of us who had to take the rough with the very intermittent smooth during the 80’s and 90’s will see it through.

hibbymark
06-02-2022, 12:55 PM

:top marks

NAE NOOKIE
06-02-2022, 12:59 PM
Nothing and I mean nothing Ron Gordon has done in the two and a half years since he bought the club gives me any concern that he doesn't have anything other than Hibs best interests at heart. I genuinely still think he desperately want's us to succeed and to be remembered as the guy behind that success.

Nobody can deny that he has put his money where his mouth is, I doubt we have invested as much money into the playing squad since we nearly bankrupted ourselves giving McLeish the players he wanted. Nisbet, Doidge and now Melkersen all allegedly cost north of £250,000. I appreciate Doidge may have been just before he bought the club, but I doubt he wasn't involved in sanctioning the deal.

I was in the ambivalent camp over the sacking of Jack Ross, I wasn't at the point of calling for his head, but I wasn't exactly crying into my beer when he went either. The fans were bitching long and loud about Ross's style of football, so can hardly complain now that he was replaced, even if the early days of that replacement manager have been ropey to say the least.

Ron Gordon's 'American' approach can hardly be a surprise to anybody with veggie kiosks looking to cater for all aspects of a modern support and the big screens, hardly an innovation in UK football. Whether that approach extends to sacking managers once a season remains to be seen.

But .... there are things to be concerned about too. The alleged state of the inside of the FF can't be a good thing, it's fine spending half a million or so on the screens, but not when part of the stadium's interior is allegedly in a state of utter disrepair. And as I said in another thread, for a guy whose stated aim at the beginning of his tenure was to make Easter Road a place fans would want to spend time ... and money ... in the hours before and after the game letting allegedly one of the biggest supporters bars in the UK become unusable doesn't exactly square with that strategy.

And ( I know some wont agree ) I find it very strange that a man from a country where supporters standing areas in massively expensive brand new multi million dollar stadiums are absolutely bog standard, because even just out the packet MLS franchises know the supporters want them and they recognise how they add to a stadiums atmosphere, hasn't by now recognised that Easter Road is absolutely crying out for one in the FF lower.

Basically his good intentions are not in question, at least not just now, but how he's going about implementing his 'vision' for the club still has the jury stuck in it's room and calling for sandwiches.

SlickShoes
06-02-2022, 01:08 PM
Can anyone explain what the con is that they think he’s pulling? He is almost definitely worse off financially than when he bought hibs. So far he has tried to do everything he said he would.

hibee-boys
06-02-2022, 02:11 PM
Can anyone explain what the con is that they think he’s pulling? He is almost definitely worse off financially than when he bought hibs. So far he has tried to do everything he said he would.

Exactly, so he’s bought a football club with the intention of mismanaging it so he purposefully devalues his investment🤷🏼 Please bin the ‘Ron The Con’ nonsense, sheer stupidity.

jacomo
06-02-2022, 02:16 PM

Lol, bye bye.

Ron is very different to our previous owner, no question. But to dismiss his achievements and life experience so glibly says more about you than him.

He may be relatively new to Hibs, but it seems many of our own supporters haven’t a clue about running a football club.

jacomo
06-02-2022, 02:17 PM

Rumours = idiots mouthing off about things they know little about.

Allant1981
06-02-2022, 02:18 PM

Has he aye

06-02-2022, 02:23 PM

It's some Hibs fans buying into what Jambos say rather than what our owner does. Those Jambos are desperate for us to have our own Vlad or Cathro and some of us are unfortunately that weak minded that they actually fall for what a Jambo tells them.

brog
06-02-2022, 02:23 PM

That's exactly right. Next thing someone will tell us it's all a Ponzi scheme, oh wait a minute!

JimBHibees
06-02-2022, 09:29 PM
It's some Hibs fans buying into what Jambos say rather than what our owner does. Those Jambos are desperate for us to have our own Vlad or Cathro and some of us are unfortunately that weak minded that they actually fall for what a Jambo tells them.

Pretty much this

Danderhall Hibs
06-02-2022, 09:31 PM

:agree: I genuinely think we have a lot of fans that are more concerned about what hearts fans think or are saying than making their own mind up.

Paul1642
06-02-2022, 09:34 PM
I think Ron has a good vision for this club and we do seem to be spending more than before. Trust him 100% although I do think things could have been handled a little better these last few months.

JimBHibees
07-02-2022, 07:54 AM
:agree: I genuinely think we have a lot of fans that are more concerned about what hearts fans think or are saying than making their own mind up.

Hibs fans also generally never react well when Hearts are doing better than we are.

random sub
07-02-2022, 09:44 AM

This is so true- these narratives are put out there by wounded Jambos to prey on the weak minded and the non analytical!

silverhibee
07-02-2022, 01:32 PM
Lol, bye bye.

Ron is very different to our previous owner, no question. But to dismiss his achievements and life experience so glibly says more about you than him.

He may be relatively new to Hibs, but it seems many of our own supporters haven’t a clue about running a football club.

I get the feeling that STF had been trying to sell the club for a number of years but it had to be to the right person, he wasn’t just going to take the first offer that came along, we were pretty assured that when the club was sold it would be to a safe pair of hands, STF and RP would have made sure that our new owner was the right person or they wouldn’t have sold to him.

I met Mr Gordon a couple of years ago at a food bank event at ER and he came over as a very nice person and talked about his ambition for the club, he will have his own ideas to what he wants to bring to Hibs, this (Ron the con) chat is embarrassing, we have to back him as well, we don’t have a choice, if the fans chase him out and demand he sells the club then we really could be in big trouble, can’t see many folk wanting to buy a football club in Scotland with what’s happening in the world just now, if it’s a con then why has he spent in the region of £10m.

I forget how long STF had the club for, but he didn’t just get it all done straight away, the new stands took a while, the training centre took time and STF had the luck that we sold a few players fo millions to help build the infrastructure, Ron is getting there but the impatience of some of our fans is unbelievable.

jacomo
07-02-2022, 02:04 PM
I get the feeling that STF had been trying to sell the club for a number of years but it had to be to the right person, he wasn’t just going to take the first offer that came along, we were pretty assured that when the club was sold it would be to a safe pair of hands, STF and RP would have made sure that our new owner was the right person or they wouldn’t have sold to him.

I met Mr Gordon a couple of years ago at a food bank event at ER and he came over as a very nice person and talked about his ambition for the club, he will have his own ideas to what he wants to bring to Hibs, this (Ron the con) chat is embarrassing, we have to back him as well, we don’t have a choice, if the fans chase him out and demand he sells the club then we really could be in big trouble, can’t see many folk wanting to buy a football club in Scotland with what’s happening in the world just now, if it’s a con then why has he spent in the region of £10m.

I forget how long STF had the club for, but he didn’t just get it all done straight away, the new stands took a while, the training centre took time and STF had the luck that we sold a few players fo millions to help build the infrastructure, Ron is getting there but the impatience of some of our fans is unbelievable.

All true. STF was at the helm for nearly 30 years and despite all the achievements there were times when it felt like the club was just ticking along.

Ron seems impatient by comparison and wants things to happen. He will no doubt ruffle a few feathers along the way but that’s to be expected.

SlickShoes
07-02-2022, 02:06 PM

The impatience is the key thing. You can see it everywhere, I watched the 17 minute video Hibs posted with Steve Kean talking about the youth setup and how the players need the extra time and opportunity to grow into being ready for the first time and not just jump straight from U18. Most of the comments were variations of "let the laddies play" "get them in there now, better than the dross on the pitch" etc etc, like they just watched an in-depth interview and instantly forgot all of the key points, or maybe they didn't even watch it which is probably more likely.

Lago
07-02-2022, 02:29 PM
Am I alone in finding the ever increasing use of "Ron the Con" a total embarrassment and completely uncalled for.?

bringbackbenny
07-02-2022, 02:31 PM
Am I alone in finding the ever increasing use of "Ron the Con" a total embarrassment and completely uncalled for.?

Best work on the basis that 90% using the term are Hearts supporting bufoons. And the 10% balance are simply misguided 😁

Clarence
07-02-2022, 02:37 PM
I think we can trust him but I am critical of the amount of time it took him to replace Leann and the appointment of his son as head of recruitment.

Lago
07-02-2022, 03:30 PM
Best work on the basis that 90% using the term are Hearts supporting bufoons. And the 10% balance are simply misguided 😁
I sincerely hope you're right as I find it so disrespectful.

GreenPJ
07-02-2022, 03:35 PM
The impatience is the key thing. You can see it everywhere, I watched the 17 minute video Hibs posted with Steve Kean talking about the youth setup and how the players need the extra time and opportunity to grow into being ready for the first time and not just jump straight from U18. Most of the comments were variations of "let the laddies play" "get them in there now, better than the dross on the pitch" etc etc, like they just watched an in-depth interview and instantly forgot all of the key points, or maybe they didn't even watch it which is probably more likely.

I agree it's wrong to rush young players into first team squad but think you can justify one of them getting on the bench instead of a loanee who is not and will not add any value.

SlickShoes
07-02-2022, 04:00 PM
I agree it's wrong to rush young players into first team squad but think you can justify one of them getting on the bench instead of a loanee who is not and will not add any value.

Yeah I can see that point too, I also can't believe James Scott is only 21, he is so reminiscent of the players Butcher brought in to try and stave off relegation. Seeing him anywhere near getting on the park is depressing.

07-02-2022, 04:46 PM

Or 14 year old laddies.

hibsbollah
07-02-2022, 05:11 PM
What are the rumours?

Did someone shout ‘Jimmy Saville’? I think RG owns shares in them there 5G masts n aw…,

greenginger
07-02-2022, 05:12 PM

How the hell would a Hearts supporter recognise a conman ?

They’ve welcomed a litany of chancers , grifters and real conmen into their club since Mercer , Deans, Robinson,Vlad all the way to 6% Mrs Budge.

jacomo
07-02-2022, 05:41 PM
Did someone shout ‘Jimmy Saville’? I think RG owns shares in them there 5G masks n aw…,

I’m not pleased about his involvement in the Ukraine crisis either.

basehibby
07-02-2022, 05:48 PM
I think we can trust Ron.

He's come in and changed things around presumably to be more in keeping with his own way of doing things and vision for the club. Change does tend to be disruptive and we have seen a bit of that alright. His style is certainly different from his predecessors - more dynamic is one way of putting it although you could probably put tags like "ruthless" or "unpredictable" at his door if you were to word it less kindly. However, these are not necessarilly bad attributes if tethered to focus, drive and ambition, and I think it's fair to say there has been some evidence of these qualities.

He still has a bit to learn about running a football club I'm sure and there will be bumps along the way, but he has come in with a glowing endorsement from his predecessors and I'm inclined to believe that he very much wants and desires to be owner of a successfull football club and will keep working towards that goal - so yes I trust him.

The Harp Awakes
07-02-2022, 05:55 PM

Agree with your point. Now that Ron has his own team in place I suspect his level of investment will increase steadily as he becomes more confident that his money is not going to be wasted.

He's clearly putting a lot of money into East Mains judging by the interview with Steve Kean the other day and our January transfer spend has been focused on the development squad and future talent.

He's looking to the future which will hopefully build a much more successful Hibernian, and one that most of us have not experienced in our lifetime.

Where I think he and is recruitment team have been naive, is in the quality of the current 1st team squad. They've underestimated the degree to which Martin Boyle single handedly won us points, and probably overestimated the positive impact Mueller would have on our fortunes when he joined. Ron probably thought there was enough quality in the 1st team to see us easily finish in the top 6 and challenge for 4th this season. The reality is that the transfer dealings in January have left us in a worse position in terms of a cutting edge and goal threat. How big a misjudgement that's been remains to be seen.

As fans I think we have to be patient this season and back the club to the hilt. Better times may not be too far away.

Paul1642
07-02-2022, 05:58 PM
Agree with your point. Now that Ron has his own team in place I suspect his level of investment will increase steadily as he becomes more confident that his money is not going to be wasted.

He's clearly putting a lot of money into East Mains judging by the interview with Steve Kean the other day and our January transfer spend has been focused on the development squad and future talent.

He's looking to the future which will hopefully build a much more successful Hibernian, and one that most of us have not experienced in our lifetime.

Where I think he and is recruitment team have been naive, is in the quality of the current 1st team squad. They've underestimated the degree to which Martin Boyle single handedly won us points, and probably overestimated the positive impact Mueller would have on our fortunes when he joined. Ron probably thought there was enough quality in the 1st team to see us easily finish in the top 6 and challenge for 4th this season. The reality is that the transfer dealings in January have left us in a worse position in terms of a cutting edge and goal threat. How big a misjudgement that's been remains to be seen.

As fans I think we have to be patient this season and back the club to the hilt. Better times may not be too far away.

I would argue that there is more than enough talent in the first team to compete for 4th and that in theory we really shouldn’t be having to even think about the bottom 6. Somethings just not clicking.

basehibby
07-02-2022, 06:01 PM
Exactly, so he’s bought a football club with the intention of mismanaging it so he purposefully devalues his investment���� Please bin the ‘Ron The Con’ nonsense, sheer stupidity.

:top marks THIS - absolutely no grounds for it that I can see - just pathetic slavering and attention seeking - every use of the phrase should be followed by a chorus of LTYF

hibsbollah
07-02-2022, 06:29 PM
I’m not pleased about his involvement in the Ukraine crisis either.

Pizza. Hilary Clinton. The Illuminati.

Mark my words. It’s a ****ing ponzi scheme

jakeshibs
07-02-2022, 07:00 PM

Why are we always trying to find faults? Ron Gordon has put alot of his own money into funding our dreams, he has ensured we were able to keep the majority of good players and we did not just sell like we have previously. he has a vision and i want to share that and see our team improve as the past 50 years i have waited i believe in keeping the faith, i believed in 2016 and i have faith in the boss now, lets get behind them all

07-02-2022, 07:24 PM

Has anyone ever seen Ron Gordon and Donald Trump in the same room....

CentreLine
07-02-2022, 08:04 PM

You are not alone.

Lago
07-02-2022, 08:20 PM
You are not alone.
Thank goodness 👍

jacomo
07-02-2022, 08:30 PM
Thank goodness 👍

It is a total embarrassment, a rumour started by embittered Jambos and repeated by gullible Hibees. We should know better.

By the by, have Simon Pia and his pals ever acknowledged that their claims about STF ripping off the club were completely wrong? Or is that just forgotten about as old news?

Forza Fred
08-02-2022, 05:46 AM

It’s a term I only expect to see on Kickback, or seriously uttered by Jambos.

bigwheel
08-02-2022, 06:05 AM
I’m not a big fan of the new regime ..something isn’t quite connecting from them to me as a fan . But the anti Ron names are frankly embarrassing for any who use it . Says more about them than our owner ….

bigwheel
08-02-2022, 06:06 AM
It is a total embarrassment, a rumour started by embittered Jambos and repeated by gullible Hibees. We should know better.

By the by, have Simon Pia and his pals ever acknowledged that their claims about STF ripping off the club were completely wrong? Or is that just forgotten about as old news?

Fair point that - they’d never admit that . Pia had an anti STF agenda that was so slanted you can only wonder why it was the case

Waxy
08-02-2022, 06:23 AM

The rumour is your a rumourmonger.

Clarence
08-02-2022, 06:37 AM

Q aRon?

greenginger
08-02-2022, 08:32 AM
Fair point that - they’d never admit that . Pia had an anti STF agenda that was so slanted you can only wonder why it was the case

I think Pia wrote some article criticising STF not just about Hibs but the way Kwikfit was run with a lot of the usual Pia bull****.

Farmer let the Scotsman editor know there would be no more advertising income from Kwikfit if Pia wasn’t emptied, hence the bad blood .

greenginger
08-02-2022, 08:33 AM
Q aRon?

:greengrin

Jones28
08-02-2022, 08:47 AM

Talk about a dump and run.

What rumours?

jacomo
08-02-2022, 09:18 AM
Talk about a dump and run.

What rumours?

It’s not even worth digging into.

That guff about Hibs not being Ron’s first choice… that just comes from Vlad, who was turned down by Dunfermline and Dundee before approaching Hearts.

Any Hibby who is taking this rubbish seriously should have a word with themselves.

CentreLine
08-02-2022, 10:53 AM
It’s not even worth digging into.

That guff about Hibs not being Ron’s first choice… that just comes from Vlad, who was turned down by Dunfermline and Dundee before approaching Hearts.

Any Hibby who is taking this rubbish seriously should have a word with themselves.

Well said. Maybe the people peddling this stuff should check their “facts”. Or maybe their agenda doesn’t run to that

hibsbollah
08-02-2022, 11:30 AM
Q aRon?

A winner.

Keith_M
08-02-2022, 11:38 AM
I heard kensell was driving away at HT to meet Tescos about a new development opportunity in leith.

Yep, the announcement about our stadium move has been delayed until after our next home game.

Personally, I don't really fancy sharing with Hearts but whatever they think is best for the club is OK with me...

Coco Bryce
08-02-2022, 12:11 PM
Q aRon?

:thumbsup:

hibsforeurope
08-02-2022, 12:36 PM
The decision making at the club is questionable at best. Ripping up a tried and tested structure and putting business people in charge of football matters isn't going to work well, it's what budge was ridiculed for at hearts. Kensell isn't a DOF and shouldn't have put himself into that role, by combining them, Mathie should have been replaced by someone who knows the football side of things and leave Kensell to run the business side of the club.
Appointing your son to an important recruitment role, is not good practice, what's his credentials? was he the best person for the job? was it even advertised?
We can see a clear path and idea for the Academy structure but nothing is clear for the 1st team, recruitment was scatty, no one really seems to be ready to go straight in and improve what we have.
Ron needs to start investing in the team, we've lost our highest two earners and replaced them with loans and inexperience.

KeithTheHibby
08-02-2022, 12:50 PM
I don't think theres any doubt as to RG's intentions but for me the decision making has got to be questioned. Ripped apart the structure of the club (why?) and we have this new structure which just seems to be a complete cluster****. Is this what 'the next level' is? Same for Kensell, I'm not convinced he's making the right decisions at an executive level tbh.

How do you know the structure of the club has been ripped apart? As far as I can see some of the old guard have been replaced and doing pretty much the same job?

What do mean by the new structure being a cluster****?

brog
08-02-2022, 01:13 PM
How do you know the structure of the club has been ripped apart? As far as I can see some of the old guard have been replaced and doing pretty much the same job?

What do mean by the new structure being a cluster****?

I know,it's amazing. Turns out the same posters who criticise every football decision also have MBA's in Business Management and are supremely qualified to criticise every organisational decision!

Mick O'Rourke
08-02-2022, 01:14 PM

Below is part of an article Simon wrote in the Scotsman 2014
Mind ,this is all in the wake of relegation,the 2012 cup final and the mauling from Malmo,so Pia would not have been alone thinking, what is going on here?

[Hibs have handled their finances fairly well, relatively speaking, as far as their balance sheet is concerned.
The millions earned by the sales of players as far back as Collins, Goram, Jackson, Laursen, De La Cruz, Brown, Thomson, Caldwell, Whittaker, Riordan, O’Connor, Fletcher etc, as well as the property development in the old car park and around Easter Road, have not gone to waste.
Where that money has gone one is not quite sure, with hardly a pittance finding its way into any manager’s transfer budget.]

Simon was also critical of Rod Petrie, Mr 10%,a numbers cruncher,who had never been to a football game, let alone a Hibs one before he was appointed as "Tom's man at Hibs" and chairman.

Mick O'Rourke
08-02-2022, 01:25 PM
I think Pia wrote some article criticising STF not just about Hibs but the way Kwikfit was run with a lot of the usual Pia bull****.

Farmer let the Scotsman editor know there would be no more advertising income from Kwikfit if Pia wasn’t emptied, hence the bad blood .

So that was Farmer attempting to gag free speech and engaging in blackmail,then ?
If Simon had been wrong,certainly about kwikfit ,surely Farmer would not have left it at just pulling advertising.

Kato
08-02-2022, 01:37 PM

We weren't RGS first or even second-choice Scottish club to buy so having an owner who viewed Hibs as his third option doesn't fill me with much confidence.Where are you "hearing" this from?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

hibsforeurope
08-02-2022, 01:42 PM
Where are you "hearing" this from?

I’ve heard similar rumours. it’s still not been confirmed by a full set of audited accounts what his investment has been. Wages have been slashed, despite bigger contracts for Boyle. Replacing permanent deals for loans and untested youngsters.

JamesHFC
08-02-2022, 01:53 PM
I’ve heard similar rumours. it’s still not been confirmed by a full set of audited accounts what his investment has been. Wages have been slashed, despite bigger contracts for Boyle. Replacing permanent deals for loans and untested youngsters.

Boyle, Doig, JDH, Doidge, Newell, Hanlon and Stevenson all signed new contracts. I expect the majority of them are on improved wages.

Melkersen, Magennis, Nisbet, MacKay and Tait just a few names who were brought in for a fee. Rocky and Jasper both brought in with an option to buy. Players like Irvine, Murphy, Macey and Cadden wouldn’t be here on the cheap wages wise either.

Ron has certainly invested in the squad, even through the global pandemic.

Kato
08-02-2022, 02:01 PM
I’ve heard similar rumours. it’s still not been confirmed by a full set of audited accounts what his investment has been. Wages have been slashed, despite bigger contracts for Boyle. Replacing permanent deals for loans and untested youngsters.So nowt concrete then.

hibsforeurope
08-02-2022, 02:03 PM
Boyle, Doig, JDH, Doidge, Newell, Hanlon and Stevenson all signed new contracts. I expect the majority of them are on improved wages.

Melkersen, Magennis, Nisbet, MacKay and Tait just a few names who were brought in for a fee. Rocky and Jasper both brought in with an option to buy. Players like Irvine, Murphy, Macey and Cadden wouldn’t be here on the cheap wages wise either.

Out of his own pocket or are these deals out of the clubs usual income? The squad size reducing will absorb the wage increases mentioned.
Also many of those new deals come back to my poor decision making comment. Why sign them then sack the manager, a few months after he signs a new deal.

ancient hibee
08-02-2022, 02:03 PM

Interesting concept since there have been two sets of audited accounts since the change of ownership which show the disappearance of the £2.5million mortgage and the injection of capital . However keep on spreading complete tosh everyone is entitled to an opinion no matter how ignorant.

hibsforeurope
08-02-2022, 02:04 PM
So nowt concrete then.

Nowt concrete he has invested either.

Mick O'Rourke

Nice on,James. Says it all.
As for the rumour mongers,financial wizards and management experts here.
As Billy Connolly used to like to shout out, "who are these people?!" :greengrin

JimBHibees
I know,it's amazing. Turns out the same posters who criticise every football decision also have MBA's in Business Management and are supremely qualified to criticise every organisational decision!

Brilliant :faf::faf:

Footballing and business geniuses

JimBHibees
08-02-2022, 02:05 PM

All the signings

hibsforeurope
08-02-2022, 02:08 PM
Interesting concept since there have been two sets of audited accounts since the change of ownership which show the disappearance of the £2.5million mortgage and the injection of capital . However keep on spreading complete tosh everyone is entitled to an opinion no matter how ignorant.

These aren’t the full unedited accounts we used to see under the previous regime. What’s published doesn’t answer all the questions.
Do these spreadsheets confirm where Ron got the money to takeover the club?
Do they confirm how much of his own cash has been invested?
They show the mortgage has gone but not where that cash came from.

jacomo
08-02-2022, 02:08 PM
Below is part of an article Simon wrote in the Scotsman 2014
Mind ,this is all in the wake of relegation,the 2012 cup final and the mauling from Malmo,so Pia would not have been alone thinking, what is going on here?

[Hibs have handled their finances fairly well, relatively speaking, as far as their balance sheet is concerned.
The millions earned by the sales of players as far back as Collins, Goram, Jackson, Laursen, De La Cruz, Brown, Thomson, Caldwell, Whittaker, Riordan, O’Connor, Fletcher etc, as well as the property development in the old car park and around Easter Road, have not gone to waste.
Where that money has gone one is not quite sure, with hardly a pittance finding its way into any manager’s transfer budget.]

Simon was also critical of Rod Petrie, Mr 10%,a numbers cruncher,who had never been to a football game, let alone a Hibs one before he was appointed as "Tom's man at Hibs" and chairman.

He was being extremely disingenuous.

The club told us at the time where the money went: to rebuild Easter Road, clear our debts and building our own training centre.

You can argue whether those were the right priorities, but you cannot claim money was siphoned out of the club.

I said then and repeatedly that STF’s true financial relationship to the club would only be certain when he sold it. As we now know, he sold it to a man who he believed would continue to invest in the club, rather than make a fast buck. I have no doubt he will have received offers over the years that offered him more cash upfront.

The case is settled beyond reasonable doubt. STF left us in a much stronger position than when he bought us. Simon Pia may have a personal grudge but his insinuations about financial impropriety have been libellous imo.

hibsforeurope
08-02-2022, 02:09 PM
All the signings

We signed players before when they owner didn’t invest.

JamesHFC
Out of his own pocket or are these deals out of the clubs usual income? The squad size reducing will absorb the wage increases mentioned.
Also many of those new deals come back to my poor decision making comment. Why sign them then sack the manager, a few months after he signs a new deal.

Ross wanted the squad size reduced so we could put more money into purchasing better quality.

Gave Ross a new contract on the back of finishing 3rd. Then sacked him after taking 4 points from a possible 27.

Kato
Nowt concrete he has invested either.See the post above yours.

jacomo
08-02-2022, 02:11 PM

You are talking mince. Bye bye.

hibsforeurope
08-02-2022, 02:14 PM
You are talking mince. Bye bye.

Talking mince about what? Ron’s Poor footballing decision making? No clear evidence of his level of investment? Or something else?

jacomo
08-02-2022, 02:20 PM
Talking mince about what? Ron’s Poor footballing decision making? No clear evidence of his level of investment? Or something else?

There is evidence of his investment but you refuse to accept it.

So as I said above… byeee!

hibsforeurope
08-02-2022, 02:25 PM
There is evidence of his investment but you refuse to accept it.

So as I said above… byeee!

Where, because someone said he has? There’s nothing concrete by way of a full unedited audited accounts. Did he use his own cash or borrow it?
I hope he has but why not just publish the full accounts. To use a previously used phrase there’s a lot of smoke and mirrors.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-02-2022, 02:26 PM
This thread will age either well or badly.

Gotta love the internet.

Mick O'Rourke
08-02-2022, 02:26 PM
He was being extremely disingenuous.

The club told us at the time where the money went: to rebuild Easter Road, clear our debts and building our own training centre.

You can argue whether those were the right priorities, but you cannot claim money was siphoned out of the club.

I said then and repeatedly that STF’s true financial relationship to the club would only be certain when he sold it. As we now know, he sold it to a man who he believed would continue to invest in the club, rather than make a fast buck. I have no doubt he will have received offers over the years that offered him more cash upfront.
STF left us in a much stronger position than when he bought us
The case is settled beyond reasonable doubt. . Simon Pia may have a personal grudge but his insinuations about financial impropriety have been libellous imo.

I didn't. I posted text from an article written by Pia.
He didn't say that either.

Caversham Green
08-02-2022, 02:28 PM
These aren’t the full unedited accounts we used to see under the previous regime. What’s published doesn’t answer all the questions.

The accounts Brog* is referring to are exactly the same as those published by the previous regime, and they do answer all the relevant question if you know how to read them.
They are not spreadsheets.
They confirm how much investment has been made by the new regime but do not show how much STF and RP received for their shares.
They show that the cash to pay off the mortgage came through the new regime.
They do not show how the new regime came by that cash, but that could be researched elsewhere if anyone is interested.

HTH

*My mistake - it wasn't Brog it was ancient hibee - apologies to both.

The 90+2
08-02-2022, 02:40 PM

Can't you just say the rumours of the two clubs he wanted to purchase before Hibernian?

Kato
08-02-2022, 02:43 PM
Can't you just say the rumours of the two clubs he wanted to purchase before Hibernian?Or show us a spreadsheet of the rumours.

The 90+2
08-02-2022, 02:45 PM
Ross wanted the squad size reduced so we could put more money into purchasing better quality.

Gave Ross a new contract on the back of finishing 3rd. Then sacked him after taking 4 points from a possible 27.

How did that work out? No improvement at all last winter or this summer. The guy in charge got sacked and then sacked the guy wanting more quality to continually improve the squad after a group of poor games despite not being backed and new contract given.

The 90+2
08-02-2022, 02:46 PM
Or show us a spreadsheet of the rumours.

It's easier just to pluck a couple of teams out first I would guess would indicate what in the low 5% the spreadsheet info has any substance either though.

Martin Boyles transfer has probably covered everything invested in the past year plus Jacks payoff (if he's had one yet).

JamesHFC
08-02-2022, 02:58 PM
How did that work out? No improvement at all last winter or this summer. The guy in charge got sacked and then sacked the guy wanting more quality to continually improve the squad after a group of poor games despite not being backed and new contract given.

The right decision imo.

The 90+2
08-02-2022, 03:03 PM
The right decision imo.

That's fair enough but by not backing him the club can have little complaints to how it's went after. It's at the least a very costly mistake on and off the field.

Rumble de Thump
08-02-2022, 03:24 PM

That's certainly your version of events you've been regularly boring everyone with since Jack Ross was sacked.

The 90+2
08-02-2022, 03:34 PM
That's certainly your version of events you've been regularly boring everyone with since Jack Ross was sacked.

Use the ignore function then should be the last post I bore of you then I would advise :aok:

RyeSloan
08-02-2022, 03:35 PM
I think we can see some excellent investment and restructure in the academy set up. Ron and Ben seem to understand this type of approach and the creation of a development team is a big step.

Creating a clear and defined route for the best of our youth talent to graduate to the first team is a must.

A number of countries have done this much better than Hibs / Scotland for a long time…someone coming from the Italian leagues would laugh long and hard at the concept of planning who the youth players are required to supplant in the first team as being ‘new’!

On the commercial front these guys clearly have been busy and are actively trying to increase revenue to fund not just the first team but these medium to long term investment programmes.

Sadly it’s the first team that matters first and foremost to all fans and sadly there has been some issues there and continues to be so.

But those issues shouldn’t cloud the clear ambition and investment that Ron has brought nor should it negate the restructuring progress. Those moaning remind me of the ones that said the East Stand didn’t need replaced…can’t see the wood because of the trees.

Some also seem to think our previous structure was all good but yet the state of the stadium, the stagnating finances, lack of sponsorship and the trickle of development from youth to first team to name but a few problems would suggest differently to me.

hibbyfraelibby
08-02-2022, 03:35 PM
George Craig retired and Leeann Dempster resigned 17 months after Ron came in. Graeme Mathie was seemingly sacked so is one that had some level of authority that Ron has got rid of (after he'd been promoted by Ron) so who else makes up this "everyone who had authority" you say he got rid of?
Dempster was no great shakes if you recall.

Had a commercial director who couldn't do a deal for Hibs but managed to rake it in for her womans club and Dempster did nothing.

We had an academy that was draining cash and producing nothing.

She allowed the stadium to deteriorate to the stage BTG is uninhabitable.

She presided over the FFL fiasco we still have to live with.

I'd trust wee Ron over her given her actual record

hibsforeurope
08-02-2022, 03:39 PM
That's fair enough but by not backing him the club can have little complaints to how it's went after. It's at the least a very costly mistake on and off the field.

The lack of backing has taken a team who finished comfortably 3rd last year to being virtually as close to relegation as we are to 3rd. His chat about 'going deep; in europe was not backed up by any meaningful additions to the squad.
I wasn't for Ross leaving but that run we got on he had to go but to appoint someone mid season who is going to try and completely change everything is madness. Ron/Kensell should have stuck with an interim manager and given Maloney a full pre season to change the style/mentality, changing now almost sets the manager up to fail.

cabbageandribs1875
08-02-2022, 03:44 PM

all those players we've signed have to get a salary, they won't be getting paid pennies

hibsforeurope
08-02-2022, 04:05 PM
all those players we've signed have to get a salary, they won't be getting paid pennies

Signing players alone isn’t proof of personal investment. They could have come from the money the club had generated. I’m not saying he hasn’t but no concrete proof of investment from him personally.

CropleyWasGod
08-02-2022, 04:14 PM
Signing players alone isn’t proof of personal investment. They could have come from the money the club had generated. I’m not saying he hasn’t but no concrete proof of investment from him personally.

Did you read CavershamGreen's post?

brog
08-02-2022, 04:28 PM

I don't mean to be rude but I worked in Audit and Finance for over 40 years and I have no idea what you're talking about. You may have legitimate concerns but if so you're not really expressing them clearly.The accounts issued last March were in the same format as in previous years and were signed off by KPMG, one of the 4 biggest Accounting Companies in the world. Sets of accounts do not require the financial back history of the principal shareholder, thankfully for Roman Abramovich & many others!

matty_f
08-02-2022, 04:58 PM
I don't mean to be rude but I worked in Audit and Finance for over 40 years and I have no idea what you're talking about. You may have legitimate concerns but if so you're not really expressing them clearly.The accounts issued last March were in the same format as in previous years and were signed off by KPMG, one of the 4 biggest Accounting Companies in the world. Sets of accounts do not require the financial back history of the principal shareholder, thankfully for Roman Abramovich & many others!

This feels like one of those discussions that politicians like to have nowadays where they just ignore facts and everything else that totally obliterates the nonsense they’re spouting and just gaslight their way to getting people to think they might be right.

A Hi-Bee
08-02-2022, 05:08 PM
Aye but who can you trust these days, Ron is an American/Peruvian businessman, so he aint no mug, he will eventually hope to make some money from his investments in Hibs, I hope he can be as successful as auld Fergus was at the Tic, who were half a day away from folding when he took them over.
I happen to trust him and his judgement. He is just passing through.
:flag::flag::flag:

JohnMcM
08-02-2022, 05:32 PM
Aye but who can you trust these days, Ron is an American/Peruvian businessman, so he aint no mug, he will eventually hope to make some money from his investments in Hibs, I hope he can be as successful as auld Fergus was at the Tic, who were half a day away from folding when he took them over.
I happen to trust him and his judgement. He is just passing through.
:flag::flag::flag:

In the absence of any contrary evidence, I say to you, “Well said sir! Well said indeed!”:thumbsup:

jacomo
08-02-2022, 05:55 PM
I didn't. I posted text from an article written by Pia.
He didn't say that either.

I wasn’t attributing that to you.

Simon Pia was insinuating exactly that over many years. Of course he had no evidence but he liked to hint that STF and Petrie were taking more out of the club than they were putting in.

jacomo
08-02-2022, 06:11 PM

I was fully onboard until you said ‘signed off by KPMG’.

:wink:

Dalianwanda
08-02-2022, 06:11 PM

Thanks for adding so genuine expertise info to the thread…I doubt you’ll get a response, seems to like to ignore any facts put to him.

Smartie
08-02-2022, 06:25 PM
I trust Ron’s intentions 100%.

I trust his judgment a wee bit less than that right now - but that’s not unreasonable, he’s new to this football club ownership business.

Hibs are roughly where you might expect them to be right now, given a decent starting position but with a few talented rookies in key positions (Gordon, Kensall, Maloney).

It’s only natural that they’ll all make mistakes along the way.

Ron’s deep pockets can paper over a few ropey decisions he might make. They might actually paper over the questionable decision the other two might make as well.

At the moment I’m not overly concerned but I’d be lying if I said I was entirely convinced by any of them.

Mick O'Rourke
08-02-2022, 06:31 PM
I wasn’t attributing that to you.

Simon Pia was insinuating exactly that over many years. Of course he had no evidence but he liked to hint that STF and Petrie were taking more out of the club than they were putting in.

Overall,they did!
Petrie was a bit like Alex Miller.
Both stayed at Hibs far too long.

hibsforeurope
08-02-2022, 07:43 PM

I may not have got my point over well in writing but the main concern is did Ron use his money to buy the club or was it a loan/mortgage. In the beginning there was reports of credit facilities opened against the club.
The money spent on players was this money Ron has invested or money the club has generated through sponsorship and ticket sales, usual methods of income.
I seem to be in the minority on this board but these are genuine concerns of fans I go to the games with.

CropleyWasGod
08-02-2022, 07:49 PM
I may not have got my point over well in writing but the main concern is did Ron use his money to buy the club or was it a loan/mortgage. In the beginning there was reports of credit facilities opened against the club.
The money spent on players was this money Ron has invested or money the club has generated through sponsorship and ticket sales, usual methods of income.
I seem to be in the minority on this board but these are genuine concerns of fans I go to the games with.

You mean there were reports of Bydand taking out securities against club assets?

Yes, there were. Securities have no worth or relevance until or unless there are loans, in this case by Bydand to the club. Thus far (albeit the 2021 accounts have still to be published) there have been no such loans.

On your other point, why is it such a big deal how Bydand or RG financed their investment? Do you know how HFC Holdings financed the previous regime?

Hibbyradge
08-02-2022, 07:51 PM
If Ron Gordon ever asks me for the loan is a fiver, he's getting nowt.

I'd never see that again.

hibsforeurope
08-02-2022, 07:57 PM
You mean there were reports of Bydand taking out securities against club assets?

Yes, there were. Securities have no worth or relevance until or unless there are loans, in this case by Bydand to the club. Thus far (albeit the 2021 accounts have still to be published) there have been no such loans.

On your other point, why is it such a big deal how Bydand or RG financed their investment?

A certain other millionaire/billionaire purchased a club not far from here turn out he had very little capital and relied on external finance, look how they ended.
We’ve had 3 years and no concrete evidence how the purchase was funded.

Rumble de Thump
08-02-2022, 07:59 PM
A certain other millionaire/billionaire purchased a club not far from here turn out he had very little capital and relied on external finance, look how they ended.

There's been absolutely nothing to suggest that the rumour you're trying to spread has any merit whatsoever. Quite the opposite.

hibsforeurope
08-02-2022, 08:04 PM
There's been absolutely nothing to suggest that the rumour you're trying to spread has any merit whatsoever. Quite the opposite.

I’m genuinely not trying to spread any rumour, I’ve just not seen any proof to confirm he has used his own money to buy the club.

CropleyWasGod
08-02-2022, 08:04 PM

So.... because one (foreign) person did something bad, you assume that all are the same.

What "concrete evidence" would you like? And did you have the same concerns about STF?

greenginger
08-02-2022, 08:11 PM

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/creating-a-business-empire

Ron Gordon sold his tv company for well in excess $ 200 million. I don’t think it would take Sherlock Holmes to work out how Gordon could fund the purchase.

Kato
08-02-2022, 08:22 PM

By "relied on external finance" do you mean "relied on mafia cash being washed through a bank, a cunning football pyramid and an aluminium plant"?

Hibbyradge
08-02-2022, 08:23 PM
I've listed below, all the owners who have offered supporters proof and full details of how they financed the purchase of their clubs.

I hope that helps.

CropleyWasGod
08-02-2022, 08:27 PM
By "relied on external finance" do you mean "relied on mafia cash being washed through a bank, a cunning football pyramid and an aluminium plant"?

You might be on to something

https://www.rfpindia.com/country/peru/aluminium

hibsforeurope
08-02-2022, 08:27 PM
So.... because one (foreign) person did something bad, you assume that all are the same.

What "concrete evidence" would you like? And did you have the same concerns about STF?

Not necessarily but there are some similarities in getting rid of almost all at the club before him, employing family to important roles.

I sincerely hope these are unfounded suspicions but I bet there was many jambos who wished they’d questioned more and got more answered first.

I didn’t have concerns about farmers takeover, he didn’t say he was going to challenge rangers and Celtic for titles then rip up the football structure when something was there to build on.

Mick O'Rourke
08-02-2022, 08:31 PM
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/creating-a-business-empire

Ron Gordon sold his tv company for well in excess $ 200 million. I don’t think it would take Sherlock Holmes to work out how Gordon could fund the purchase.

Elementary,greenginger.

Gordon is certainly no Moriarty.

CapitalGreen
08-02-2022, 08:33 PM
Not necessarily but there are some similarities in getting rid of almost all at the club before him, employing family to important roles.

I sincerely hope these are unfounded suspicions but I bet there was many jambos who wished they’d questioned more and got more answered first.

I didn’t have concerns about farmers takeover, he didn’t say he was going to challenge rangers and Celtic for titles then rip up the football structure when something was there to build on.

This football structure you speak of had Paul Heckingbottom managing us in the relegation positions with Mathie wasting money on the likes of Tom James and Josh Vela and overseeing an academy which wasn’t producing any players.

brog
08-02-2022, 08:47 PM

Ok, instead of only talking Finance facts, let's add in some more personal stuff. STF went from having no interest in football to being deeply and emotionally attached to our club. He's well aware of his family's place in our history and he would do nothing to tarnish his own legacy. He spent years checking out and performing due diligence on would be suitors. I doubt even a rabid Jambo would doubt STF's business acumen so I think we can be confident the due diligence was rigorous and just possibly covered all the concerns you may have. I honestly think that unwittingly you're merely echoing those on the other side of the city who are desperate to see us follow their path to financial ruin. I see nothing to indicate that may happen.

brog
08-02-2022, 08:54 PM

Most generous of you not to have concerns about STF stepping in to save us from potential oblivion!

Mon Dieu4
08-02-2022, 08:55 PM

If there is a change at the top of a company or ownership in any business in the world then 9 times out of 10, they start bringing their own people in and if you are 38 then when Tom Farmer took over Hibs you would have been about 6, thinking about the internal workings of a football club at that age is some going

brog
08-02-2022, 08:55 PM
I was fully onboard until you said ‘signed off by KPMG’.

:wink:

I'm with you on that!!
😁

ancient hibee
08-02-2022, 09:15 PM
If there is a change at the top of a company or ownership in any business in the world then 9 times out of 10, they start bringing their own people in and if you are 38 then when Tom Farmer took over Hibs you would have been about 6, thinking about the internal workings of a football club at that age is some going

He's maybe forgotten he was only 6. Bad slip that.

The 90+2
08-02-2022, 09:16 PM
The lack of backing has taken a team who finished comfortably 3rd last year to being virtually as close to relegation as we are to 3rd. His chat about 'going deep; in europe was not backed up by any meaningful additions to the squad.
I wasn't for Ross leaving but that run we got on he had to go but to appoint someone mid season who is going to try and completely change everything is madness. Ron/Kensell should have stuck with an interim manager and given Maloney a full pre season to change the style/mentality, changing now almost sets the manager up to fail.

Fair enough and your opinion, some I agree with some I don't.

The 90+2
08-02-2022, 09:19 PM
This football structure you speak of had Paul Heckingbottom managing us in the relegation positions with Mathie wasting money on the likes of Tom James and Josh Vela and overseeing an academy which wasn’t producing any players.

Both Hecky had complete control of and Mathie wasn't even in the position he was sacked at that time.

Craig was leaving end of year and gave Hecky the chance to bring in players he wanted. Unfortunately he and the players he signed under estimated Scottish football.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-02-2022, 09:47 PM
Is this thread sponsored by Dr Pepper?

Kato
08-02-2022, 09:48 PM
You might be on to something

https://www.rfpindia.com/country/peru/aluminium (https://www.rfpindia.com/country/peru/aluminium)

CONTACT US
67, KIKA STREET
MUMBAI - 400004
INDIA

:hmmm::dunno:

Mick O'Rourke
08-02-2022, 09:50 PM
We can't know that without knowing how much RG paid them for their shares.

guess so

Hibs07p
09-02-2022, 06:21 AM
I've listed below, all the owners who have offered supporters proof and full details of how they financed the purchase of their clubs.

I hope that helps.
When I read the first two lines I’m thinking this is going to some massive list, Lmao. it’s still early.
GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

brog
09-02-2022, 08:59 AM
Thanks for adding so genuine expertise info to the thread…I doubt you’ll get a response, seems to like to ignore any facts put to him.

Thanks but I'm a poor 3rd re financial accounts knowledge to Cav G and CWG on this board. However it appears that unfathomable rumours still trump expertise for some posters.

Hibs90
09-02-2022, 08:59 PM
Alright Ben, what are you doing to our club? We have regressed massively on and off the park.

greenginger
13-02-2022, 10:48 PM
Watching Super Bowl and the big screens there are HUGE !

Are you watching Mr Gordon :greengrin

13-02-2022, 11:15 PM

Filled in corners too.

Victor
13-02-2022, 11:29 PM

Yeah! And and we want Snoop Dogg at half-time for the Ross County game. It’s the least he can do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk