PDA

View Full Version : Team v St Mirren

Highwayman
04-02-2022, 03:56 PM
As nobody else has started it up to now let’s have a go.

I would prefer to start the same team as Tuesday night but there are still some questions over fitness.

If Newell and Doig can’t make it I would replace them with Campbell and Mitchell.

Even is Macey is fit as far as I am concerned Dabrowski should now be first choice as he has earned it for his patience and performance on Tuesday night.

As the dust has now settled on the January transfer window IMO Maloney should now be looking to play a consistent and settled side.

superfurryhibby
04-02-2022, 04:14 PM
As nobody else has started it up to now let’s have a go.

I would prefer to start the same team as Tuesday night but there are still some questions over fitness.

If Newell and Doig can’t make it I would replace them with Campbell and Mitchell.

Even is Macey is fit as far as I am concerned Dabrowski should now be first choice as he has earned it for his patience and performance on Tuesday night.

As the dust has now settled on the January transfer window IMO Maloney should now be looking to play a consistent and settled side.

I agree about Dabrowski, having watched the highlights a few times now, I appreciate how much his saves kept us in the game. He had a very good competitive debut and has earned the gloves.

Hopefully Hanlon is back and Stevenson can be relived from his shift at left centre back. I would be playing Mitchell from the start too, he looked sharp on Tuesday. I'd rather see Allan in than Campbell, we need goals and he can assist with that.

Since452
04-02-2022, 04:20 PM
Looking forward to seeing Jasper, Mitchell and hopefully one of the Norwegian lads.

Tambo
04-02-2022, 04:22 PM
Dabrowski

Rocky
Porto
Hanlon/lewis

Cadden
JDH
Newell
Doig

??
??
??

The defence and midfield picks itself but I'm just not sure what our best front 3 is at the moment with the way Maloney has set up.

JohnM1875
04-02-2022, 04:36 PM
Hanlon, McGinn and Newell all touch and go and will be given up to the last minute before a decision is made.

Magennis four to six weeks away and Clark a wee bit away too.

Macey will be back available. Going by Maloney's interview I can see Macey starting. But really hope he gives Dabrowski another opportunity to show what he can do.

Hibby Kay-Yay
04-02-2022, 04:43 PM
Hanlon, McGinn and Newell all touch and go and will be given up to the last minute before a decision is made.

Magennis four to six weeks away and Clark a wee bit away too.

Macey will be back available. Going by Maloney's interview I can see Macey starting. But really hope he give Dabrowski anothet opportunity to show what he can do.

Would be a shame to drop Kev. Keep the players that are in form. Best way to keep the squad competitive.

Unseen work
04-02-2022, 04:58 PM
……………………….Dabrowski………

………….Rocky……Porteous…..Hanlon……

Cadden…….JDH…………..Newell………Doig…..

………………………..…Mueller……….

………………..Nisbet………….Doidge…..

Although wouldn’t surprise me for fitness/injury reasons if we see

Rocky - McGinn
Hanlon - Stevenson
Doig - Mitchell
Newell - Campbell
Mueller - Henderson/Jasper

Dabrowski keeps his place in the team for me. Had some really good saves and is quick off his line and getting to shots down low. I do think he has a mistake in him though as he tends to be quite dramatic and push the ball back into dangerous areas but hopefully he learns from that the more he plays. But after the debut he made he deserves his place.

Think Henderson may replace mueller as his crossing is very good and could be key in picking out Doidge.

Personally I would try keep it as similar as possible and start playing our best possible team to get some consistency.

GreenCastle
04-02-2022, 05:06 PM
Will be interesting what he does with the GKs - whether Macey was injured or not he was partly at fault for a goal against Livi so maybe Kev keeps the gloves. Hard to drop him.

We really need players to start stepping up and scoring goals - would be nice if Doidge got a goal as hasn’t scored since returning from injury. Obviously we rarely score from central midfield so these areas are key if we are to improve.

Do we know what the issues are with Hanlon, McGinn and Newells knee looked like he surely wouldn’t recover in time for tomorrow.

Mikey_1875
04-02-2022, 05:09 PM
Dabrowski
Rocky Porto Hanlon/Stevenson
Cadden JDH Newell Doig
Jasper Mueller
Nisbet

Hopefully we have learned our lesson and keep an eye on Joe Shaughnessy at crosses this time…

JohnM1875
04-02-2022, 05:11 PM
Notice Hague has been training with the first team as well. Loved his HibsTV interview, seems like a really nice lad.

Definitely have a good few options to choose from now.

I'm the same as I am the night before any game, buzzing and can't wait to get to ER tomorrow.

Broken Gnome
04-02-2022, 05:13 PM
Dabrowski
Rocky Porto Hanlon/Stevenson
Cadden JDH Newell Doig
Jasper Mueller
Nisbet

Hopefully we have learned our lesson and keep an eye on Joe Shaughnessy at crosses this time…

Hibs 1-1 St.Mirren
Nisbet 27 - Shaughnessy 88

Saved everyone the hassle of going.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2022, 05:15 PM
Macey if fit

Rocky
Porto
Lewis

Camden
Wright
JDH
Doig

Meuller
Doidge
Nisbet

I'd guess...

Unseen work
04-02-2022, 05:17 PM
Will be interesting what he does with the GKs - whether Macey was injured or not he was partly at fault for a goal against Livi so maybe Kev keeps the gloves. Hard to drop him.

We really need players to start stepping up and scoring goals - would be nice if Doidge got a goal as hasn’t scored since returning from injury. Obviously we rarely score from central midfield so these areas are key if we are to improve.

Do we know what the issues are with Hanlon, McGinn and Newells knee looked like he surely wouldn’t recover in time for tomorrow.

Agree re Doidge.

Despite scoring I think he’s looked dangerous and the whole team has as a result

Wheat Hound
04-02-2022, 05:52 PM
Hibs 1-1 St.Mirren

Yes that lad must have about 3 or 4 late equalisers/winners against us for both St Johnstone and St Mirren. FFS mark him please Hibs!

Since452
04-02-2022, 05:53 PM
Hibs 1-1 St.Mirren

Booooooooo

xyz23jc
04-02-2022, 07:35 PM
Hibs 1-1 St.Mirren

"F*****' ... Booooooo...!" :greengrin

xyz23jc
04-02-2022, 07:37 PM
Booooooooo

Great minds etc...and fools also! Lol! :greengrin:agree::thumbsup::wink:

StirlingHibee
04-02-2022, 07:50 PM
I'd start with Dabrowski - he's earned it. Despite a shaky start on Tuesday I thought Mueller did ok and would give him another go to see what he can do.

gbhibby
05-02-2022, 12:37 AM
Macey if fit

Rocky
Porto
Lewis

Camden
Wright
JDH
Doig

Meuller
Doidge
Nisbet

I'd guess...
Camden? London Calling😁

Hibbyradge
05-02-2022, 12:44 AM
Camden? London Calling😁

Hells bells, he likes lager. Innit? :wink:

Allant1981
05-02-2022, 06:42 AM
If all fit start with the same team as tuesday

JimBHibees
05-02-2022, 08:42 AM
Huge game today as need to get the win and try and get away from teams behind us and hopefully catch on Motherwell. Weather not great again think pitch will take a battering. Can't see Newell being fit so Campbell can slot in there. Hopefully Doig is fit but Mitchell can come in if not. Rest the same. Would like to see Jasper get a run from the bench.

DJ HIBBY
05-02-2022, 08:53 AM
If we start with a central midfield pairing of Campbell and JDH, we aren’t winning today. Yet to see bar the second half against Celtic at Easter road what Campbell brings to the party.

McGruber
05-02-2022, 09:04 AM
Dabrowski has to start. Macey's mistake against Livi aside what kind of message does it send out to the squad if you get your chance, turn in a man of the match performance then get dropped again. For him to know next time he gets the chance to fill in it doesn't matter how he performs he'll be back out regardless. Nothing against Macey, he's done well in the main but gloves are Dabrowski's for now. Would actually feel annoyed if he gets dropped today. Same team as Tuesday if fitness allows - too much chop and change and experiments. Hanlon might come back in if fit now

B.H.F.C
05-02-2022, 09:07 AM
If we start with a central midfield pairing of Campbell and JDH, we aren’t winning today. Yet to see bar the second half against Celtic at Easter road what Campbell brings to the party.

Whilst I’d generally agree with your point that were no very good in that position, the most important thing is that we don’t play all three of Newell, Campbell and JDH for me.

Campbell and JDH were the pairing in Maloney’s best performance at Dundee Utd and he did score against St Mirren last time to be fair.

MrRobot
05-02-2022, 09:34 AM
Most the same team except Mitchell for Doig and maybe Henderson for JDH

I really like macey but kev has to keep his place, its his to lose now IMO

Nicho87
05-02-2022, 09:35 AM
Dabrowski
Rocky Porto Stevenson
Cadden JDH Campbell Mitchell
Jasper
Nisbet Doidge

supersauzee
05-02-2022, 10:09 AM
Dabrowski
Rocky Porto Stevenson
Cadden JDH Allan Doig
Jasper
Mueller Melkersen

MWHIBBIES
05-02-2022, 10:10 AM
Kev
Rocky Ryan Lewis
Chris Joe Jake Josh
Chris
Chris Kev

Skol
05-02-2022, 10:25 AM
Mackey will return if fit otherwise should be the same 11 unless:

Hanson is fit and he comes in for Stevenson

Newell is unfit and we have a tough call to make. Not Campbell. Not Allan. Left field but Stevenson could be considered. No idea if the new guy would fit in there.

B.H.F.C
05-02-2022, 10:27 AM
Mackey will return if fit otherwise should be the same 11 unless:

Hanson is fit and he comes in for Stevenson

Newell is unfit and we have a tough call to make. Not Campbell. Not Allan. Left field but Stevenson could be considered. No idea if the new guy would fit in there.

If Newell isn’t there I don’t think there is a tough call, Campbell will just come in.

Hope Dabrowski plays regardless of Macey’s fitness.

Allant1981
05-02-2022, 10:30 AM
If Newell isn’t there I don’t think there is a tough call, Campbell will just come in.

Hope Dabrowski plays regardless of Macey’s fitness.

That should be a tough call as campbell isnt good enough

Pretty Boy
05-02-2022, 10:38 AM
Dabrowski should start in goals.

People will argue that establishing a number 1 is good for confidence and there is some merit in that. However I always argue that players have to know there is a reward for being presented with a chance and taking it.

Dabrowski didn't do a lot wrong on Tuesday and as such should keep the gloves. It would be different if we had a regular keeper who was streets ahead of his back up, you then restore the number 1 immediately, but that really doesn't appear to be the case.

bigwheel
05-02-2022, 10:57 AM
As an aside, our pitch will be horrible today . It’s look poor for a few weeks and this weather is going to have it in poor shape.. not a day for pass, pass, pass

hibee-boys
05-02-2022, 11:06 AM
I really hope Newell is fit, JDH and Campbell in the middle just does not work. I’d rather see Stevenson in there.

Smartie
05-02-2022, 01:34 PM
Dabrowski should start in goals.

People will argue that establishing a number 1 is good for confidence and there is some merit in that. However I always argue that players have to know there is a reward for being presented with a chance and taking it.

Dabrowski didn't do a lot wrong on Tuesday and as such should keep the gloves. It would be different if we had a regular keeper who was streets ahead of his back up, you then restore the number 1 immediately, but that really doesn't appear to be the case.

I thought we handled Marciano pretty well in that regard.

He lost his place a couple of times - and when he came back in, he came back stronger.

It’s the wrong signal to send to every player at the club if Dabrowski loses his place straight away after coming in and playing like that.

See how it works out and Macey can keep him in his toes then come in again if he doesn’t keep that going.