PDA

View Full Version : Won’t bother because it’s just St Mirren

Cookiehibs
04-02-2022, 05:51 AM
As we all know, the crowd tomorrow is going to be considerably less compared to the derby the other night for obvious reasons. However, maybe a lot of us need to get out the mind frame of thinking “it’s only st mirren, I won’t bother” We don’t need a rock et science to tell us that players will always lift their game when there is a full, noisy crowd behind them and they certainly deserve it after the performance and effort the other night. I know people will not make the game for various reasons but it will be interesting to see what fans don’t go just because “it’s st mirren”

JimBHibees
04-02-2022, 05:54 AM
As we all know, the crowd tomorrow is going to be considerably less compared to the derby the other night for obvious reasons. However, maybe a lot of us need to get out the mind frame of thinking “it’s only st mirren, I won’t bother” We don’t need a rock et science to tell us that players will always lift their game when there is a full, noisy crowd behind them and they certainly deserve it after the performance and effort the other night. I know people will not make the game for various reasons but it will be interesting to see what fans don’t go just because “it’s st mirren”

St Mirren will be as hard a game as Hearts for that reason. Will be a good crowd though and think the atmosphere will be good. Need a win

Hillsidehibby
04-02-2022, 06:29 AM
Not least the fact that it’s a great chance to go 4th with Motherwell playing Celtic

Unseen work
04-02-2022, 06:31 AM
Think this will be a very tough game. There front 3 are very decent and capable of causing us problems with their directness and pace.

We’ll need to be at it from the off to get a win.

As the OP says let’s get a good attendance and create a good atmosphere for the team.

GGTTH.

Juniper Greens
04-02-2022, 06:40 AM
Can't go, as going to Murrayfield. There are reasons other than "can't be bothered" that people won't make it

GordonHFC
04-02-2022, 06:44 AM
Can't go, as going to Murrayfield. There are reasons other than "can't be bothered" that people won't make it

I am recovering from a Heart attack so I will be missing this one (and possibly a few others).

18Craig75
04-02-2022, 06:49 AM
I am recovering from a Heart attack so I will be missing this one (and possibly a few others).

Hope you’re on the mend.

Really hope it’s a big crowd tomorrow, possibility of seeing a couple of the new signings!

Sir David Gray
04-02-2022, 06:50 AM
The weather tomorrow afternoon is supposed to be horrendous, I would think that will have an impact on the attendance.

Sioux
04-02-2022, 07:01 AM
Unlikely to be more that 8,000 Hibs fans in the stadium, another 7,000 having all sorts of excuses for not 'bothering'.

Hibernian Verse
04-02-2022, 07:04 AM
Also going to Murrayfield, but I'll be at Ibrox on Wednesday and there are still plenty tickets for that left.

Brightside
04-02-2022, 07:08 AM

A much better reason than watching rugby! Get well soon.

Hibernian Verse
04-02-2022, 07:10 AM
A much better reason than watching rugby! Get well soon.

That's quite enough Mr Brightside :greengrin

Fuzzywuzzy
04-02-2022, 07:13 AM
Not sure why anyone needs an 'excuse' to not go to a football game. Life gets in the way. I'll be on my own as the kids are out with their uncle. I'm not going to feel guilty for though.

Hermit Crab
04-02-2022, 07:19 AM
Unlikely to be more that 8,000 Hibs fans in the stadium, another 7,000 having all sorts of excuses for not 'bothering'.

Hi, I finish an 11 hour nightshift in Glasgow at 8am tomorrow morning. I then have to travel home by train and car to where I stay in fife, I won't get home until around 09:30 - 10am. I then have to get some sleep so theres no way I'll be making the game tomorrow. Just making sure thats ok with you?

OstKurve Hibs
04-02-2022, 07:19 AM

But there are also many who cant be bothered cos its only st Mirren and doesnt include you, why do you feel the need to explain yourself and come across as offended by the op's post.

Brightside
04-02-2022, 07:23 AM
That's quite enough Mr Brightside :greengrin

Disgusting. I’d have your season ticket removed until you stand on the centre circle at a Derby and plead forgiveness.

JXM73
04-02-2022, 07:29 AM
Eggchasing? Ffs.. the others are excused ...

Hibbyradge
04-02-2022, 07:38 AM

Do people need an "excuse" for choosing to do something different with their spare time?

Would you define recovering from a heart attack as all sorts of an excuse? Or might people have actual reasons and preferences?

bigwheel
04-02-2022, 08:02 AM
I’m heading along , but think it’s just a sign that some people feel a little less connected / enthused by Hibs just now ..if we were flying more people would be coming along too .

BoomtownHibees
04-02-2022, 08:08 AM
These threads always head the same way. See if you have a genuine reason for no going then it probably isn’t aimed at you

superfurryhibby
04-02-2022, 08:09 AM
I’m heading along , but think it’s just a sign that some people feel a little less connected / enthused by Hibs just now ..if we were flying more people would be coming along too .

The performances on the pitch are definitely a factor, so is the £26.00 ticket price for a walk up. Throw in the weather, the rugby and there you have it.

hibsbollah
04-02-2022, 08:15 AM
The performances on the pitch are definitely a factor, so is the £26.00 ticket price for a walk up. Throw in the weather, the rugby and there you have it.

:agree:
Surprised it’s not been mentioned, there’s a cost of living crisis going on and lots of families struggling to put food on the table or warm their homes. If you can go, go, and don’t worry about why other folk can’t.

sahpaton
04-02-2022, 08:17 AM
Don’t think anybody needs to be taking the OP so personally, obviously folk have their reasons they can and can’t make it along from one game to the next, don’t think this was an attack on those with other commitments.

Ultimately there will be just over half as many Hibs fans at ER on Saturday as there were on Tuesday and not everybody that will be missing is too busy. I’m not here to tell other people what to do with their Saturday afternoon I just always find it quite disappointing walking into a 50% full ER days after a packed out, rocking atmosphere like the other night.

Pretty Boy
04-02-2022, 08:22 AM
These threads always head the same way. See if you have a genuine reason for no going then it probably isn’t aimed at you

Exactly.

If you live in Sydney and travel over for a cup final, are ill, can't afford it etc etc then no one is aiming any ire at you.

Equally though there can be little argument that as a club our hardcore support is around the 7K mark and it will be around that number that attends tomorrow. Same as it is when the going gets really tough. Before the Cove game I walked into the pub at 6pm and could have picked from about 10 seats, all the others were occupied by the same faces you see every week. On Tuesday I was in at 4.20 and it was rammed with people I had never seen in my life before. There's 4 to 5000 who attended on Tuesday who will choose not to go as opposed to being unable to. That's fine and entirely up to the individual. Ultimately though football isn't any other leisure activity for me, I'm a supporter and that generally means choosing to attend whenever possible rather than dipping in and out as the fancy take me, that's being a customer.

declan macmanus
04-02-2022, 08:23 AM
Hibs attendances always dip when Scotland are at home in the 6 nations. Hearts are not affected as they are never at home when there's a game at Murrayfield.

Hibernian Verse
04-02-2022, 08:30 AM
Disgusting. I’d have your season ticket removed until you stand on the centre circle at a Derby and plead forgiveness.

I'll take you up on that. It's either go and get bevvied at the Calcutta Cup or sit sober through 90 mins of "ffs Newell pass the ball forward" groans from the master tacticians in the West Upper.

Cod Boy
04-02-2022, 08:36 AM
Hi, I finish an 11 hour nightshift in Glasgow at 8am tomorrow morning. I then have to travel home by train and car to where I stay in fife, I won't get home until around 09:30 - 10am. I then have to get some sleep so theres no way I'll be making the game tomorrow. Just making sure thats ok with you?

You don’t need to explain yourself mate nobody can question your commitment supporting Hibs.

bigwheel
04-02-2022, 08:38 AM

Yep. All fair and important factors ….

WeeRussell
04-02-2022, 08:47 AM
Thing is, if someone has decided they don’t want to go or can’t go for whatever reason.. I can’t imagine a thread like this will inspire them to change their mind. Maybe the opposite for some.

Nor should it. People are entitled to choose what they do with their weekends as they please.

As it happens I’ve got a wedding. I’d have liked to have been there regardless of who we are playing but that’s life.

Danderhall Hibs
04-02-2022, 08:55 AM
You don’t need to explain yourself mate nobody can question your commitment supporting Hibs.

He's missing the game so he can have a kip? :greengrin

Seriously though the ticket prices in the current environment are just ridiculous. Folk will make an exception for the perceived "big" games like Tuesday but just can't stretch for games like tomorrow.

The Modfather
04-02-2022, 08:56 AM

By genuine reason does that equate to people deciding for themselves how they want to spend their money and free time?

It should be as simple as go if you want to go, what other people do or don’t do is then irrelevant.

Ronniekirk
04-02-2022, 09:00 AM
They are unbeaten in last four so won’t be an easy game and they will ring a decent support for a day out in the Capital

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibsGW
04-02-2022, 09:01 AM
By genuine reason does that equate to people deciding for themselves how they want to spend their money and free time?

It should be as simple as go if you want to go, what other people do or don’t do is then irrelevant.

It is that simple haha, there is no obligation for anyone to go to the games. It’s Hibs’ job to put out a team that makes people not want to miss games.

Sir David Gray
04-02-2022, 09:01 AM
Hibs attendances always dip when Scotland are at home in the 6 nations. Hearts are not affected as they are never at home when there's a game at Murrayfield.

Something which I do think needs to be looked at.

I'm not suggesting Hearts should be at home when Scotland are at home because obviously Tynecastle and Murrayfield are very close together but perhaps we could get Sunday games.

Danderhall Hibs
04-02-2022, 09:02 AM
Something which I do think needs to be looked at.

I'm not suggesting Hearts should be at home when Scotland are at home because obviously Tynecastle and Murrayfield are very close together but perhaps we could get Sunday games.

They could be at home tomorrow with an early ko - the rugby is at 445 or 515 I think so a 12pm ko would be sufficient. Means all the police are in the same area rather than spread over the city.

SaulGoodman
04-02-2022, 09:03 AM
This thread will end well.

Since452
04-02-2022, 09:05 AM

It's a good point. The players 100% feed off the crowd. They made a huge difference on Tuesday with the vocal backing. Because we're expected to beat the likes of Livingston and St Mirren at home there is a very different atmosphere, almost an apathy about it. The Hibs support should be one of our strenghts and we should be using it to our advantage. I hope there is a larger crowd there tomorrow than there has been. January out the way and a battling performance against them. Lets get behind the team and make that difference.

Billy Whizz
04-02-2022, 09:13 AM
You just wonder having the option to watch at home on Hibs TV, has an effect on how many season ticket holders turn up
Not blaming them, but it could be an driver

wookie70
04-02-2022, 09:18 AM

I'm the same. Second competitive game I have missed at Easter Road in last 10 seasons or so and still feel guilty missing it.

Anthony Soprano
04-02-2022, 09:31 AM
Hibs for many are an option rather than a priority unfortunately, the crowds this season confirm that. It’s disappointing but it’s people individual choice and they’re entitled to it.

It’s up to those who attend to get behind the team now, 9/10,000 people making noise in support of the team can still make a huge difference.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2022, 09:33 AM

Everyone has a genuine reason if they don't go!

I'm skint.

It's cold.

I'd rather watch the telly.

Golf.

Pub.

I can't be bothered.

I'm not interested in watching Hibs play St Mirren.

Every single one is a genuine reason.

hibee-boys
04-02-2022, 09:40 AM
I won’t be able to make as I’ll be ferrying my daughter back/forth from her own sporting activities tomorrow, would I have made an extra effort to find someone else to chip in if I thought that I couldn’t rush home to make it back and watch it on TV at 3, probably if I’m being honest🤷🏼 I’m pretty sure there are a number of people who are in the same boat, they’ll watch it on tv then switch channels for the rugby. However, I think this option should be removed from next year, might impact on me as I can’t make it to every game but best for the club perhaps.

Edit: change of plans, fxxx the rugger, jumping in the car for the 30 mile journey to ER…..even persuaded youngest daughter to come along….unber fan😎😂

mutley
04-02-2022, 10:17 AM
I don't think its a "oh it's just St Mirren" thing. There are no easy games in this league and as we have all seen many, many times in the past, every team can/will turn over every other team at some point. In fact logic would dictate that more people would want to go to the "easier" games to see their team win and get that wee euphoric buzz that comes along with it.

I couldn't make it to the Derby, but I will be there tomorrow so I'll just end with GGTTH.

Cracker
04-02-2022, 10:20 AM

Get well soon 👍🏻

Sir David Gray
04-02-2022, 10:20 AM
They could be at home tomorrow with an early ko - the rugby is at 445 or 515 I think so a 12pm ko would be sufficient. Means all the police are in the same area rather than spread over the city.

Good point.

WeeRussell
04-02-2022, 10:50 AM
He's missing the game so he can have a kip? :greengrin

Seriously though the ticket prices in the current environment are just ridiculous. Folk will make an exception for the perceived "big" games like Tuesday but just can't stretch for games like tomorrow.

Good point actually - cost me around 80 quid (tickets only) to take Mrs Russell and the nipper on Tuesday night. Okay more expensive game but they won’t be getting asked along regularly!

I think that for a lot of people it’ll be more a “atmosphere will be crap with the stadium half full” (yes I get the irony) compared to a full house against hearts…more so than ‘it’s only st mirren”.

Henderson2Del
04-02-2022, 10:56 AM
I presume that fans who are going to the rugger instead won’t moan about ticket prices at ER. Missing hibs to watch men bite and squeeze each other. Each to their own.

FilipinoHibs
04-02-2022, 10:58 AM
Live in the Philippines now so watching on Hibs TV. If still in Edinburgh would be going to support the team. Nothing worse than getting updates from the media/social media and not really know what's really going on. Come on Hibs.

WeeRussell
04-02-2022, 10:59 AM
I presume that fans who are going to the rugger instead won’t moan about ticket prices at ER. Missing hibs to watch men bite and squeeze each other. Each to their own.

I’m not a rugby fan either but it’s a game against England that happens once a year (less at murrayfield).

I can understand that we’ve a lot of supporters that do follow other sports and as such we’ll lose some of them this Saturday. I can also understand them willing to spend a bit more for these one-off fixtures.

King Cosell
04-02-2022, 10:59 AM
It's a massive must-win game. There's only 5 pts between 5th and 9th and only 9 games (with Rangers, Aberdeen & Hearts away, Celtic home) before the split. Right now I'd take a 5th place finish and a place in Europe. I don't think I'm being negative.

WeeRussell
04-02-2022, 11:01 AM
It's a massive must-win game. There's only 5 pts between 5th and 9th and only 9 games (with Rangers, Aberdeen & Hearts away, Celtic home) before the split. Right now I'd take a 5th place finish and a place in Europe. I don't think I'm being negative.

Surely have to be aiming to get 4th place from where we are now. It’ll take improved results but we have to believe we’ve got a team capable.

Hibernian Verse
04-02-2022, 11:08 AM

Nope, because I have a season ticket at ER so Hibs aren't missing out. Your uneducated view of Rugby gave me a chuckle though. You should try and get along to a Six Nations game and see if you enjoy it, it's a fantastic day out starting at the Roseburn if you can get in.

HoboHarry
04-02-2022, 11:11 AM
Wish I was too to be honest. I will be in a close by British bar with a heavy Sottish (hopefully) and lighter English presence though :)

B.H.F.C
04-02-2022, 11:11 AM

Surely should be looking the other way. We’re two points of fourth and a European place. We still have the Scottish Cup to play for. It could still be a good season, as long as we start winning.

Carheenlea
04-02-2022, 11:26 AM
You just wonder having the option to watch at home on Hibs TV, has an effect on how many season ticket holders turn up
Not blaming them, but it could be an driver

Without a doubt.

It was the right thing to do again for this season in the circumstances, given that many would be forced into self isolation, vulnerable supporters perhaps not advised to be mixing and just generally giving supporters both options for this season.

I can’t see it continuing next season, but hopefully we scan have a strong finish and see a larger take up on match days. Easter Road was magnificent on Wednesday night with a full house - just a shame there isn’t the same appetite for bread & butter league games/

I'm Spartacus
04-02-2022, 11:31 AM
Taking an American to his first ever soccer match, 40+ mph winds, freezing, what is he not going to love?!

Anybody with a heated vest/gilet not going tomorrow - DM me :)

Dashing Bob S
04-02-2022, 11:35 AM
Eggchasing? Ffs.. the others are excused ...

Seconded. I’m not going but one of the few things that could make me is somebody offering me a Murrayfield ticket.

JimboHibs
04-02-2022, 11:38 AM

Ha as if anyone would have to give an excuse for not going .

wookie70
04-02-2022, 11:40 AM
I’m not a rugby fan either but it’s a game against England that happens once a year (less at murrayfield).

I can understand that we’ve a lot of supporters that do follow other sports and as such we’ll lose some of them this Saturday. I can also understand them willing to spend a bit more for these one-off fixtures.

I suspect many of us also have a ticket for the St Mirren match. I hate missing home matches but it is a massive sporting event against a routine fixture with Hibs hardly creating a shot on goal in recent weeks and many more opportunities to watch Hibs against St Mirren in the future. It is crap that Hibs fans have to make the choice though as I would far rather go to both.

BlackSheep
04-02-2022, 11:43 AM
Can’t go due to daughters first dance show… but passed my ticket onto a mate so no fall in numbers lol.

WeeRussell
04-02-2022, 11:48 AM
I suspect many of us also have a ticket for the St Mirren match. I hate missing home matches but it is a massive sporting event against a routine fixture with Hibs hardly creating a shot on goal in recent weeks and many more opportunities to watch Hibs against St Mirren in the future. It is crap that Hibs fans have to make the choice though as I would far rather go to both.

Exactly - enjoy the game. You’re one of the lucky ones… some of us are being forced into attending a wedding rather than be at a stag do, instead of being at the hibs game, instead of watching the rugby, instead of washing their hair 😁

HibsIntl
04-02-2022, 11:53 AM
Our support is one of the more elastic supports for a lot of reasons. Whilst I’d love ER to be almost full for St Mirren at home games like thag won’t be until there is a really exciting purpose that makes St Mirren at home on a cold February day the most exciting thing they can think of.

The purpose of going for 4th just isn’t enough for a lot of people
That said I recall going to the 2-2 game 2 years ago and it was a decent crowd.

MWHIBBIES
04-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Nope, because I have a season ticket at ER so Hibs aren't missing out. Your uneducated view of Rugby gave me a chuckle though. You should try and get along to a Six Nations game and see if you enjoy it, it's a fantastic day out starting at the Roseburn if you can get in.

Drink, kilts and folk clapping both sides. Thats a wedding, not a sport :greengrin Would rather watch Hibs in a friendly tbh.

Keith_M
04-02-2022, 12:19 PM

Must try harder

😏

HibsIntl
04-02-2022, 12:34 PM
Exactly.

If you live in Sydney and travel over for a cup final, are ill, can't afford it etc etc then no one is aiming any ire at you.

Equally though there can be little argument that as a club our hardcore support is around the 7K mark and it will be around that number that attends tomorrow. Same as it is when the going gets really tough. Before the Cove game I walked into the pub at 6pm and could have picked from about 10 seats, all the others were occupied by the same faces you see every week. On Tuesday I was in at 4.20 and it was rammed with people I had never seen in my life before. There's 4 to 5000 who attended on Tuesday who will choose not to go as opposed to being unable to. That's fine and entirely up to the individual. Ultimately though football isn't any other leisure activity for me, I'm a supporter and that generally means choosing to attend whenever possible rather than dipping in and out as the fancy take me, that's being a customer.

Spot on. The attendances V Hearts, selling half of Hampden for finals and the size of ER I believe skew our opinion of how many match going fans we actually have. The actual number is debatable but it’s close to 10k.
Us getting 8000 tomorrow in real terms is about a 20% dip in terms of our match going fans/expectations, same with either side of the Old Firm selling out thier big games then being in the 40k attendance bracket which usually happens.

Sir David Gray
04-02-2022, 12:51 PM

We're 2 points off 4th placed Motherwell. Whilst we have no chance of 3rd now, I'd be really disappointed if we don't catch Motherwell and finish 4th.

Juniper Greens
04-02-2022, 12:51 PM

It's actually quite frustrating to miss it when the rugby is on. But hibs will still have my ST cash.
I got to the rugby 6 times a year with different people to my football group who I see over 20 times a year. I don't feel guilty at all.

I was more just a bit annoyed as I felt the OP was a bit condescending and judgemental when people will have reasons for not making it

The Tubs
04-02-2022, 12:59 PM
Exactly - enjoy the game. You’re one of the lucky ones… some of us are being forced into attending a wedding rather than be at a stag do, instead of being at the hibs game, instead of watching the rugby, instead of washing their hair 😁

Washing hair comes before rugby.

Hillsidehibby
04-02-2022, 01:09 PM
I'll take you up on that. It's either go and get bevvied at the Calcutta Cup or sit sober through 90 mins of "ffs Newell pass the ball forward" groans from the master tacticians in the West Upper.

At £5 for a can of Tennants I'd rather stay sober

CockneyRebel
04-02-2022, 01:10 PM

Well it's not alright with me.

Apart from
Working a night shift until 8am
Travelling by train and car home to Fife
Not getting home until 09/10:30
Getting some sleep before making your way to the match

What have you ever done for the Hibs? :hyper

CockneyRebel
04-02-2022, 01:12 PM
Washing hair comes before rugby.

It would if I had any. My head used to be covered in waves, now it's just beach.

Iggy Pope
04-02-2022, 01:54 PM

That’s not one of them though!:wink:

Hibernian Verse
04-02-2022, 02:19 PM
Drink, kilts and folk clapping both sides. Thats a wedding, not a sport :greengrin Would rather watch Hibs in a friendly tbh.

If you think I will be clapping those *******s you have the wrong idea :wink:

green with envy
04-02-2022, 02:19 PM

Going to Murrayfield is a bad a reason as any.🤣

Hibernian Verse
04-02-2022, 02:20 PM
At £5 for a can of Tennants I'd rather stay sober

Luckily I'm going through work so just have to get myself a return from Dunfermline and the rest of the day is gratis :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
04-02-2022, 02:38 PM
I might not go tomorrow., can't be bothered.

Bite me.

Alfred E Newman
04-02-2022, 03:30 PM
Let’s just shut the doors and call it a day.

Hillsidehibby
04-02-2022, 03:32 PM
Luckily I'm going through work so just have to get myself a return from Dunfermline and the rest of the day is gratis :greengrin
Now that’s a different matter altogether!

Haymaker
04-02-2022, 04:35 PM
I won't be going until we sign Leigh Griffiths.

kaimendhibs
04-02-2022, 04:35 PM
I personally would rather pull my own teeth out than go to Rugby Union, no matter who is playing. In my job, I hate Rugby days, would rather football fans anyday.
Easter Road for me tmrw 🇳🇬🇳🇬⚽️⚽️

cameronw-hfc
04-02-2022, 04:36 PM
I've never seen Hibs fans moaning so much about other people not making it to games than I have since crowds are back. A lot of us are struggling financially from the pandemic. I know about 7/8 regulars who haven't made a single game yet, same with me.

Think folk forget we've just gone through a pandemic and some people have other things to be paying for. My first priority once im back on my feet is to get to ER, but the constant "im a better fan because I go when you don't " mentality from our fanbase is chronic.

kaimendhibs
04-02-2022, 04:39 PM
I remember a time you would never have missed a game in any circumstances pal. Age doesnt come by itself 😪

The Captain....
04-02-2022, 04:47 PM
Quite looking forward to it, first time for a while most of our lot can all make it. Few pints before and a Sat 3pm kick off...perfect.

Feeling we might 'click' tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
04-02-2022, 07:17 PM
I personally would rather pull my own teeth out than go to Rugby Union, no matter who is playing. In my job, I hate Rugby days, would rather football fans anyday.
Easter Road for me tmrw 🇳🇬🇳🇬⚽️⚽️

Hospitality by any chance?

Left me with a real prejudice against rugby fans having done such a job and having had to deal with the aftermath of their nonsense.

It's a bit daft on my part really as the majority were absolutely fine but there is a minority who are a ****ing nightmare. I suppose you have to consider the 6 Nations is a bit like our cup final crowds. A sizable number aren't regular attenders, are day trippers or whatever you want to call them so there is a different atmosphere and behaviour from what you get at ER or Scotstoun on a weekly basis.

Keith_M
04-02-2022, 07:25 PM
I've decided to answer the OP's pleas and go to the game

:wink:

Eyrie
04-02-2022, 07:34 PM
Very tempting to stay in and watch the first half of Ireland-Wales, then Hibs-St Mirren and finally the Calcutta Cup, particularly given the forecast.

Instead I'll record both Six Nations matches and be at Easter Road. Multi-tasking at its finest.

Itsnoteasy
05-02-2022, 12:56 AM

Why do you have to make an excuse if your not going?

monktonharp
05-02-2022, 01:20 AM
As we all know, the crowd tomorrow is going to be considerably less compared to the derby the other night for obvious reasons. However, maybe a lot of us need to get out the mind frame of thinking “it’s only st mirren, I won’t bother” We don’t need a rock et science to tell us that players will always lift their game when there is a full, noisy crowd behind them and they certainly deserve it after the performance and effort the other night. I know people will not make the game for various reasons but it will be interesting to see what fans don’t go just because “it’s st mirren”am no gaun

theonlywayisup
05-02-2022, 07:14 AM
These threads never really go well as there are a lot of sensitive souls around.

The reality with our support is that we have around 6,000-8,000 that will generally make every effort to attend every home game irrespective of the opposition, standard of play, weather, cost, time etc etc. Then we have a similar number, who all have valid reasons/excuses not to attend. It's not a problem really, it's just reality. The Hertz will have similar numbers. Every team in the land with have similar, albeit the numbers will change.

No point of being critical of anyone! I consider myself to be in the former group, albeit there have been times when I've not been at games this season, mostly due to holidays clashing with dates of games. Maybe gone are the days when the Hibs fixtures were the first thing added to the calendar as soon as they were released.

Hibs90
05-02-2022, 08:31 AM
Anyone who actively chooses to go watch rugby rather than football needs a look in the mirror :wink:

Keith_M
05-02-2022, 08:53 AM
It's a bit wet today, so I'm now having second thoughts.

Maybe we should switch to a summer season, like Cricket.

danhibees1875
05-02-2022, 09:12 AM

Very windy and cold also.

It's not the most appealing prospect in the world to rush down to Leith, home, and then back out for the evening. See what the afternoon brings.

JamesHFC
05-02-2022, 09:17 AM
**** the rugby. It’s all about the hibees 💚

B.H.F.C
05-02-2022, 09:22 AM
Bairns fitbaw got cancelled this morning because it was raining and a wee bit windy. There will definitely be folk not going to the game today because of the weather. Folk have definitely got used to being inside the last couple of years.

Allant1981
05-02-2022, 09:22 AM
Kids playing up already and its not even half 10, you better believe ill be heading to easter road today, afternoon of peace and quiet ahead😁

Eyrie
05-02-2022, 10:12 AM
Anyone who actively chooses to go watch rugby rather than football needs a look in the mirror :wink:

To an outsider, the thought of watching grown men spending half the match throwing themselves to the ground is probably bizarre. But it's just part of the game to football fans.

kaimendhibs
05-02-2022, 10:15 AM
Hospitality by any chance?

Left me with a real prejudice against rugby fans having done such a job and having had to deal with the aftermath of their nonsense.

It's a bit daft on my part really as the majority were absolutely fine but there is a minority who are a ****ing nightmare. I suppose you have to consider the 6 Nations is a bit like our cup final crowds. A sizable number aren't regular attenders, are day trippers or whatever you want to call them so there is a different atmosphere and behaviour from what you get at ER or Scotstoun on a weekly basis.

Transport. I get what you are saying and I should have said, its only internationals. The Rugby League challenge cup final was a great day, totally different.

MWHIBBIES
05-02-2022, 10:16 AM
To an outsider, the thought of watching grown men spending half the match throwing themselves to the ground is probably bizarre. But it's just part of the game to football fans.

Well, it also doesn't happen to be fair.

Lets not waste time comparing Rugby to Football. There is a reason only about 10 countries bother with Rugby :greengrin brutal stuff

Keith_M
05-02-2022, 10:25 AM

It's not the most appealing prospect in the world to rush down to Leith, home, and then back out for the evening. See what the afternoon brings.

The missus just brought the hoover through to the living room and gave me a long, hard stare....

...looking at me, looking at the hoover, looking at me, looking at the hoover.

So that's it decided, I'm going to the game.

bigwheel
05-02-2022, 10:44 AM
This weather is going to test our “core” that’s for sure ..hope as may that can turn up. Team would value the support

Coco Bryce
05-02-2022, 10:45 AM
Not a great day for the game. Gonna have to layer up that's for sure 🥶😀

Since452
05-02-2022, 10:46 AM
Good old Calcutta cup weather.

Alfred E Newman
05-02-2022, 11:07 AM
We are doomed, it's raining!!

Hibbyradge
05-02-2022, 11:15 AM

:tee hee: :top marks

hibby rae
05-02-2022, 11:18 AM

I'm all for that to be honest. Might be better for European preparation too!

Carheenlea
05-02-2022, 11:20 AM
If only Easter Road had 4 covered grandstands - would make viewing a bit more comfortable and offer some respite from the elements.

hibby rae
05-02-2022, 11:21 AM

Yeah I'm going to the Barrowlands later. If I wrap up for the Arctic then I'll pass out from heat exhaustion at the gig! Hard to prepare appropriately for both today!

04Sauzee
05-02-2022, 11:28 AM
Been watching my boy playing football 3 of us soaked and freezing, quick shower to warm up then lunch and back out for the game , looking forward to it.

BS44
05-02-2022, 11:38 AM
Yeah I'm going to the Barrowlands later. If I wrap up for the Arctic then I'll pass out from heat exhaustion at the gig! Hard to prepare appropriately for both today!

Especially as it's Idles 🔥

Eyrie
05-02-2022, 11:40 AM
Well, it also doesn't happen to be fair.

Lets not waste time comparing Rugby to Football. There is a reason only about 10 countries bother with Rugby :greengrin brutal stuff

This being a forum for football fans means it's never going to be a balanced debate. I suspect a rugby forum is full of fans laughing at us for watching footballers dive and feign injury without any brutal tackling.

hibby rae
05-02-2022, 11:43 AM
Especially as it's Idles 🔥

Exactly! It's not a quiet sit down gig!

scoopyboy
05-02-2022, 11:45 AM
Been watching my boy playing football 3 of us soaked and freezing, quick shower to warm up then lunch and back out for the game , looking forward to it.

That's the spirit guv.

Everybody to their own but for me it's all about the Hibs.

Even when we have a dire team I always look forward to it.

GGTTH

Irish_Steve
05-02-2022, 11:48 AM
I’m not going and I don’t give two turds about what anyone thinks about that

scoopyboy
05-02-2022, 12:00 PM
I’m not going and I don’t give two turds about what anyone thinks about that

Don't think anybody will be particularly bothered to be honest

hibee
05-02-2022, 12:02 PM
Not great planning having Hibs and Scotland at home along with Musselburgh races all on the same day and with dreadful weather, could have at least given us some sunshine!

Zazu62
05-02-2022, 12:07 PM
Delete this crap

Irish_Steve
05-02-2022, 12:08 PM
Don't think anybody will be particularly bothered to be honest

And that is exactly the way it should be

Billy Whizz
05-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Rain off in Leith and sun trying to pop through
Perfect day for football

JohnMcM
05-02-2022, 12:26 PM
Rain off in Leith and sun trying to pop through
Perfect day for football

Really? Someone is peeing on the bus window right now in that case. 😂

CentreLine
05-02-2022, 12:30 PM

It’s dry inside the Windsor Bar well it’s not raining that is 🍻

scoopyboy
05-02-2022, 12:32 PM
And that is exactly the way it should be

correct

hibby rae
05-02-2022, 12:46 PM

I saw a Livi supporter pissing right next to the door at The Mash Tun last week at 2.45pm.

So it might be him.

Hibbyradge
05-02-2022, 12:48 PM
Delete this crap

No way!

It's important that folk regularly get the chance to display their uberfan credentials.

The threads about the numbers of fans wanting tickets before before cup finals are particularly useful for this purpose.

Carheenlea
05-02-2022, 02:01 PM
Perfect afternoon for football. Not too cold, rains off and a mere breeze.

05-02-2022, 02:20 PM
Seems like a fair few haven’t bothered.

MWHIBBIES
05-02-2022, 02:56 PM
When the going gets tough, our crowds disappear.

WhileTheChief..
05-02-2022, 02:59 PM
I’m sure you’ll get someone to argue with if you hang around a little :aok:

theonlywayisup
05-02-2022, 04:05 PM
Maybe there is a link - when the fans fail to turn up, the same happens to the team.

:stirrer:

Keith_M
05-02-2022, 04:28 PM
Maybe there is a link - when the fans fail to turn up, the same happens to the team.

:stirrer:

That's what I said.

It's quite clearly our fault that the team are pish

Pretty Boy
05-02-2022, 04:48 PM
Anyone got any spare tickets for the next rugby match? Or fancy a game of golf?

Silky
05-02-2022, 04:53 PM
Anyone got any spare tickets for the next rugby match? Or fancy a game of golf?

Or a trip to the cinema?

Real Emerald
05-02-2022, 04:55 PM
I really really wish I hadn’t bothered. Frozen and bored rigid with all the passing around the back again. Every time you think Hibs as a club have changed and improved, we sell our best players, replace with average players, bring in inferior managers and plummet down the league. Season ticket sales will be a disaster for next season and we’ll be back to rebuilding.

Coco Bryce
05-02-2022, 05:02 PM
I really really wish I hadn’t bothered. Frozen and bored rigid with all the passing around the back again. Every time you think Hibs as a club have changed and improved, we sell our best players, replace with average players, bring in inferior managers and plummet down the league. Season ticket sales will be a disaster for next season and we’ll be back to rebuilding.

Me too, can't actually feel my feet.

Kids also told me today they don't want season tickets next season.

Keith_M
05-02-2022, 05:21 PM

I've got two kids that can't be bothered either, so in the same boat.

Pretty Boy
05-02-2022, 05:25 PM

My daughter slept through the 1st half. Wish I could have joined her

Alfred E Newman
05-02-2022, 05:44 PM

Try thicker socks .

Hibbyradge
05-02-2022, 06:02 PM
Is anyone still saying that rugby is pish after that game? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Coco Bryce
05-02-2022, 06:25 PM
Or thicker kids

Brilliant 😂

Eyrie
05-02-2022, 09:40 PM
Is anyone still saying that rugby is pish after that game? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I was very happy I'd recorded it after suffering our non-performance at Easter Road.

Hibernian Verse
07-02-2022, 08:48 AM
Glad I went to the Rugby...

:hide: