PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan againt St Mirren ?

the tornadoe
03-02-2022, 11:03 AM
Given Scott will be part 9f the squad for the foreseeable... what better game for him to be given a run out ? At home to StM should be a game where we can rest a midfielder and fit Scott in , or let one of ours carring a niggle or injury sit the game out after Tuesday..if he doesn't play Saturday we would be as well paying up his contract and letting him go ..

500miles
03-02-2022, 11:05 AM
Scott Allan should be used from the bench where he can have an impact. I don't think he can do it from the start any more.

Jones28
03-02-2022, 11:08 AM
TBH I'd rather see Mueller or some of the other new lads get more game time than give some as a token gesture to a guy who's barely featured under SM.

CapitalGreen
03-02-2022, 11:14 AM
Given Scott will be part 9f the squad for the foreseeable... what better game for him to be given a run out ? At home to StM should be a game where we can rest a midfielder and fit Scott in , or let one of ours carring a niggle or injury sit the game out after Tuesday..if he doesn't play Saturday we would be as well paying up his contract and letting him go ..

Last time we rested players we lost 3-2 to Livi. We should be starting the strongest XI available and that is unlikely to include Scott Allan.

the tornadoe
03-02-2022, 11:15 AM
Scott Allan should be used from the bench where he can have an impact. I don't think he can do it from the start any more.

Yeah but playing from the bench never really let's him get into a game... the 10 or 15 mins he gets is not long enough to really get the pace or the feel for a game..

Silky
03-02-2022, 11:29 AM
Yeah but playing from the bench never really let's him get into a game... the 10 or 15 mins he gets is not long enough to really get the pace or the feel for a game..

The times he has started, in the 60 or so minutes he has played he hasn't often got into the game either!

MWHIBBIES
03-02-2022, 11:31 AM
Rested Newell against Livi and got **** on. Definitely cant he resting anyone. Full strength, vital 3 points.

hibsbollah
03-02-2022, 11:34 AM
There’s really no point calling for him to start, we know there’s usually medical /health issues with him so he’ll get a chance if he looks like he’s physically ready in training, he won’t if he doesn’t, simple as that.

shetlandhibee
03-02-2022, 11:39 AM
Totally disagree he should start then be taken off if he gets leggy later in the games( he might well have set up 2 goals by then) taking him in with 10/15 to go when chasing games is not IMO the best way to use scott’s ability 👌

shetlandhibee
03-02-2022, 11:41 AM
The times he has started, in the 60 or so minutes he has played he hasn't often got into the game either!

Still has most assists in our team for minimal time on pitch disagree with that as well 👌

ancient hibee
03-02-2022, 11:47 AM
There’s really no point calling for him to start, we know there’s usually medical /health issues with him so he’ll get a chance if he looks like he’s physically ready in training, he won’t if he doesn’t, simple as that.

Frankly we don’t know anything of the kind. If there were health issues he wouldn’t be sitting on the bench. The worst thing for his health is watching Wright,Campbell and Henderson going on before him. If it was me I’d burst a gasket.

B.H.F.C
03-02-2022, 11:49 AM

I know the Allan debate has been done to death, but he has managed to do it when he’s started games. There’s obviously times when he hasn’t, but that applies to them all.

Best run of game time he’s managed was coming on for 45 against St Mirren when he changed the game. An hour against Dundee Utd a few days after that when he scored one and set up one. Pretty much the full game in a win against St Johnstone a few days later. He was then part of the midfield bossing it at Ibrox up to the red card when he was sacrificed.

Granted he was poor against Aberdeen but it was his first start for over two months. The one time he had an actual run he was doing fine, he certainly didn’t seem unable to cope physically anyway.

It’s clear he’s not really going to feature now so I’m not sure why he’s still here.

theonlywayisup
03-02-2022, 12:10 PM
IMO Scott Allan's time is nearing the end at Hibs and I don't see him getting much game time, let alone starting games. This season is all about achieving the highest possible position, with an eye on the future. As Scott Allan is not going to be part of that future, I don't see him getting much game time.

A fully fit Scott Allan would be one of our most influential players, but the less he plays the less match fit he'll become.

That said, if Newell is out, I would prefer Scott Allan playing rather than the Campbell / Doyle-Hayes combination, especially against the 'weaker' teams. However, one problem about this season's SPFL is that there are really no 'weak' teams. The real difference between Hertz in 3rd and St Johnstone in bottom equal is the ability to take chances. All teams make it difficult to play against, which is why there hasn't been that many drubbings being handed out. Dundee and Ross County have by far the worst goals against record, but after that there's not a lot between the teams - for example St. Johnstone have conceded 28 compared to Hertz 20 and Aberdeen/Hibs/Dundee United 27, albeit not all teams have played the same amount of games.

jeffers
03-02-2022, 12:16 PM
It makes little sense to me that he isn’t figuring. If Maloney has no intention of bringing him on why even bother having him on the bench. Our attacking threat all seems to come down the flanks, we have zero creativity in the middle of the park, something even the current “version” of Scott Allan has still managed to provide this season. All the harder to understand when we can use 5 subs and players like James Scott and Drey Wright are being given opportunities, players who have and continue to offer(ed) heehaw.

shetlandhibee
03-02-2022, 12:22 PM
It makes little sense to me that he isn’t figuring. If Maloney has no intention of bringing him on why even bother having him on the bench. Our attacking threat all seems to come down the flanks, we have zero creativity in the middle of the park, something even the current “version” of Scott Allan has still managed to provide this season. All the harder to understand when we can use 5 subs and players like James Scott and Drey Wright are being given opportunities, players who have and continue to offer(ed) heehaw. this 100% baffling and bizarre 🤫

allmodcons
03-02-2022, 12:27 PM
I know the Allan debate has been done to death, but he has managed to do it when he’s started games. There’s obviously times when he hasn’t, but that applies to them all.

Best run of game time he’s managed was coming on for 45 against St Mirren when he changed the game. An hour against Dundee Utd a few days after that when he scored one and set up one. Pretty much the full game in a win against St Johnstone a few days later. He was then part of the midfield bossing it at Ibrox up to the red card when he was sacrificed.

Granted he was poor against Aberdeen but it was his first start for over two months. The one time he had an actual run he was doing fine, he certainly didn’t seem unable to cope physically anyway.

It’s clear he’s not really going to feature now so I’m not sure why he’s still here.

IMO he's not had a fair deal of late under JR or SM.

For him to be sitting on the bench whilst Drey Wright gets on to turn a game must be crushing.

His season may well have turned on Porteous sending off at Ibrox. He looked good that day and having been sacrificed during the game never got another look in.

My previous posts will tell you that I'm not someone who often criticises individual players but if Maloney wants to keep possession and play a passing game how in gods name does he see Drey Wright as someone who should start a game or get off the bench ahead of Scott Allan?

Northernhibee
03-02-2022, 12:40 PM
If we had the Scott Allan of even 2019 then that would be fantastic let alone 2014 but he's sadly no longer the player he was, nobody can take so long out of the game, go through what he has and come back the same player. It's really saddening as he's a top guy, a very good player and ambassador for the club and we've had some wonderful memories for him. He can still produce the odd moment of magic as well.

It's becoming clear though that he's coming to the end of his Hibs tenure and for me it's time to show the same support to a younger player coming through, the Henderson's, the Mueller's etc. who ARE a part of the first team and who will hopefully be able to produce magic for years to come.

I've loved what he's produced at the club but we can't keep looking to nostalgia anymore.

Shrekko
03-02-2022, 12:51 PM
IMO he's not had a fair deal of late under JR or SM.

A lot of people say he's not had a fair deal... Why is it you believe managers want to be unfair to him? For most of his career Scott hasn't played regular football, except in his 3 spells at Hibs (until his health issue). Hibs have treated him fantastically and I think he'd say that too.

If he's not in the team surely we can trust there are valid reasons why and that the manager has the interests of the team as his main priority?

He doesn't look in great shape at the moment- and I'm not criticising him for that as there may be reasons for it.

Since452
03-02-2022, 12:54 PM
Last time we rested players we lost 3-2 to Livi. We should be starting the strongest XI available and that is unlikely to include Scott Allan.

:agree:

easty
03-02-2022, 12:54 PM

Maloney obviously doesn't fancy him. It would be a very strange call to start him on Saturday given that we used Drey Wright ahead of him when we were looking for a goal the other night.

However, if we were ever considering paying him up and letting him go, we'd have done it already. He can't be released and sign for anyone else now.

Since452
03-02-2022, 12:56 PM
The way Maloney wants us to play needs as much effort off the ball as on it. I don't think that suits Allan.

the tornadoe
03-02-2022, 01:09 PM
It makes little sense to me that he isn’t figuring. If Maloney has no intention of bringing him on why even bother having him on the bench. Our attacking threat all seems to come down the flanks, we have zero creativity in the middle of the park, something even the current “version” of Scott Allan has still managed to provide this season. All the harder to understand when we can use 5 subs and players like James Scott and Drey Wright are being given opportunities, players who have and continue to offer(ed) heehaw.

This is my point exactly !

AZhibee
03-02-2022, 05:01 PM
If Newell is out for StM, I could see Allan coming off the bench.

eastterrace
03-02-2022, 05:03 PM
Does anyone know if gogic can play against us Saturday as I see he scored the other night.

jakedance
03-02-2022, 05:07 PM

I agree with every word of this.

scoopyboy
03-02-2022, 05:13 PM
Does anyone know if gogic can play against us Saturday as I see he scored the other night.

He can't play. Although he won't be back with us he is officially on loan.

CapitalGreen
03-02-2022, 05:23 PM
He can't play. Although he won't be back with us he is officially on loan.

That’s a shame.

scoopyboy
03-02-2022, 05:26 PM
That’s a shame.

I'm quite happy that he can't come back and haunt us.

If he gets on to the pitch to say cheerio I will give him a hearty round of applause.