PDA

View Full Version : FF stand

Silky
01-02-2022, 10:40 PM
Major issues getting into the Famous Five stand tonight. Was in the queue 20 mins before kick off and missed the first 12 mins due to the delay. Stewards were useless and basically refused to help. Many fans were getting quite vocal as kick off approached and it got to the stage that the Police were called in. They came on horses which scared some kids behind me.

My boy then got stuck in the turnstile, which upset him as my wife and daughter got in and to make matters worse, after he made it in, my ticket wouldn't scan as the scanner wouldn't come on. "just hit it", was the Steward's helpful advice! When that didn't work, I was told to leave and go round to the access gate, leaving my son panicking.

The whole thing was a shambles and the stewards had absolutely no control. It was obvious the scanner was broken and to call in the police when folk started complaining was shocking. Both my kids were going to their first Derby tonight and that tainted it a wee bit. To see kids crying before even getting in is poor. I counted at least three families where the kids were upset by the presence of the horses, then being stuck in the turnstiles. . We can spend money on big screens, but turnstiles don't work properly. Someone's got their priorities totally wrong.

gaz1875
01-02-2022, 10:42 PM
I had no issues getting in whatsoever. You can use any gate getting into the FF FYI in the future.

Onceinawhile
01-02-2022, 10:48 PM
What gate were you at? I got there about the same time as you and got in in plenty time.

Too many drunk folk and folk who haven't used the system before was probably the issue.

Silky
01-02-2022, 11:01 PM
What gate were you at? I got there about the same time as you and got in in plenty time.

Too many drunk folk and folk who haven't used the system before was probably the issue.

Probably was. It was 29. The scanner just seemed broken and very temperamental. We had old school paper tickets and it just wouldn't read them. Some guy in the no 30 beside us got stuck and asked for help from the steward who was just behind the turnstile. "you need to go outside., I'm no a steward" was his response. It was just poorly handled. It was clearly not working properly. Yet there was a guy outside with a mobile scanner doing bugger all! There must be a way they can override the system to let folk in, especially kids who get stuck.

Silky
01-02-2022, 11:02 PM
I had no issues getting in whatsoever. You can use any gate getting into the FF FYI in the future.

I thought that. I tried to use the ones nearest the East stand, but the steward turned us away. "yer ticket says 29, ye canny go in here go away" was what we were met with when trying to enter at another gate.

WeeRussell
01-02-2022, 11:05 PM
Few boys in front of me didn’t get through scanners and seemed to be sent elsewhere as if in wrong place. Everything worked Barry for us 3 and no hassle despite fairly lengthy queue when we arrived about 20 mins before ko.

Hermit Crab
01-02-2022, 11:24 PM
Might have been queues to get in but at least you got to pick your seat when you got in there though. FFL letting us down yet again.

gaz1875
01-02-2022, 11:24 PM
I thought that. I tried to use the ones nearest the East stand, but the steward turned us away. "yer ticket says 29, ye canny go in here go away" was what we were met with when trying to enter at another gate.

Probably never new it makes no difference, hopefully the kids enjoyed the game once in :flag:

TelaStella
01-02-2022, 11:29 PM
Might have been queues to get in but at least you got to pick your seat when you got in there though. FFL letting us down yet again.

Not super but did notice a much bigger uptake after the first 20/30 mins. Op might make a good point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Man
01-02-2022, 11:32 PM
There were very few empty seats around me in the FF lower, it was the busiest I’ve seen it in a long time.

Franck Stanton
02-02-2022, 12:24 AM
Turnstile 29 de f was faulty. Was in queue for about 10 min, only 5 people in front of me. Scanner was working intermittently wouldn't scan for one person, then scanned for next & then refused next. Steward, took those in queue to gate just to the left of turnstile & let quite a few people in. I use this turnstile often & it has a history of acting up.

NAE NOOKIE
02-02-2022, 01:51 AM

The turnstiles all around ER have issues, at the Cove Rangers game I was in the East and two lads in front of me couldn't get their tickets to scan and that happens in the FF quite a lot.

I don't know about there being too many pissed folk, but at these games there's always big queues outside the FF around KO time as folk turn up late, that has always been the case at ER for as long as I can remember, folk start rushing it to scan their tickets and make an arse of it leading to hold ups and folk getting frustrated. I'm not casting aspersions by the way ... when it comes to turning up 5 minutes before kick off I'm practically the poster boy :greengrin

percy veer
02-02-2022, 06:19 AM
Letting who down? Talking crap as per

hibsbollah
02-02-2022, 06:33 AM
I noticed the massive FF queues when we got there and thought there’s no way a lot of the folk would get in for ko. West lower was easy.

FilipinoHibs
02-02-2022, 06:44 AM
Letting who down? Talking crap as per

Looked almost full. Pleasing to see

Juniper Greens
02-02-2022, 06:54 AM

Nonsense. Was pretty much full by 20 minutes. Why the negatives?!

Billy Whizz
02-02-2022, 06:57 AM
Nonsense. Was pretty much full by 20 minutes. Why the negatives?!

Busiest I’ve seen it, from my view from the East

overdrive
02-02-2022, 08:26 AM
I’m in the FF Upper at the East Stand side and when I approached from Albion Road and saw the queues my heart sank. Luckily, the queue for the FF Upper (East side) was nowhere near as bad as the rest so I easily made it in before kick off.

There were no stewards at those gates when I went in so folk could have got in there for other areas.

andudare2
02-02-2022, 08:34 AM
Might have been queues to get in but at least you got to pick your seat when you got in there though. FFL letting us down yet again.Perhaps best to engage your brain before posting guff,FF was practically full last night.

Silky
02-02-2022, 09:19 AM
Turnstile 29 de f was faulty. Was in queue for about 10 min, only 5 people in front of me. Scanner was working intermittently wouldn't scan for one person, then scanned for next & then refused next. Steward, took those in queue to gate just to the left of turnstile & let quite a few people in. I use this turnstile often & it has a history of acting up.

Aye, it was taking an age. The stewards seem well aware that it is faulty telling folk to "hit it" to see if it works - must be the scanner version of turning it off, then turning it on again! If it has a history of acting up, you would think that the Stewarding company would let Hibs know. I can't imagine it would take much to fix it!

Irish_Steve
02-02-2022, 09:23 AM
The club advised fans to get to the ground early

Silky
02-02-2022, 09:23 AM
Probably never new it makes no difference, hopefully the kids enjoyed the game once in :flag:

They did mate, after the initial frustration and upset. It was just the sheer couldn't give a damn attitude and ott heavy-handedness from the stewards which spoiled it at the start. Nae need whatsoever to involve the police in a situation which they could have handled so much better.

pacoluna
02-02-2022, 09:31 AM

Season tickets work in any of the gates but for some reason individual tickets don't

Fritz
02-02-2022, 09:38 AM

This from the guy who didn’t go to the Livi game because it was a bit windy.

Hermit Crab
02-02-2022, 09:42 AM
This from the guy who didn’t go to the Livi game because it was a bit windy.

No transport, trains were ****ed. Whats your point? The FFL is always sparsely populated.

Billy Whizz
02-02-2022, 09:43 AM
The club advised fans to get to the ground early

It’s not that easy for a night game, and the horrendous roadworks around Leith just now

franck sauzee
02-02-2022, 09:49 AM
There's obviously something wrong with the gates in the FF. 10 mins before kickoff I walked around the back of it. Massive queues. Got to the east with similar queues and got in with 5 mins still to go before kickoff. Moved really fast. Looked at the FF and it was still empty as presumably everyone was outside still

Juniper Greens
02-02-2022, 01:03 PM
No transport, trains were ****ed. Whats your point? The FFL is always sparsely populated.

Apart from yesterday...

I think you've just got this one a bit wrong and it's time to move on. I don't think other people should be having pops at you for missing a game either.

FFL was quite good last night. Whole stadium looked decent. There were a few empty seats around me in the West Upper Gold section, I think thats to be expected though as some people might have covid etc

Keith_M
02-02-2022, 01:06 PM

Give it a rest, FFS

Hermit Crab
02-02-2022, 01:06 PM
Apart from yesterday...

I think you've just got this one a bit wrong and it's time to move on. I don't think other people should be having pops at you for missing a game either.

FFL was quite good last night. Whole stadium looked decent. There were a few empty seats around me in the West Upper Gold section, I think thats to be expected though as some people might have covid etc

Admittedly it was better than normal yes. :agree: