PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Sean

Key West
01-02-2022, 10:31 PM
A lot of folk expected us to get hammered by Bayern Of Midlithian,there was a lot in the performance to be encouraged by.

LaMotta
01-02-2022, 10:35 PM
A lot of folk expected us to get hammered by Bayern Of Midlithian,there was a lot in the performance to be encouraged by.

There was and that was a far better starting XI. Kev in goals, Porto, Newell big positives.

But for balance Hearts had 2 main centre halfs out and were there for the taking - despite that they had more shots on target, more corners, more possession and we were lucky not to concede at least one pen. Still very concerned with the sub decisions - astounded that Wright and Campbell are getting on the pitch, neither are close to good enough for Hibs and the fact Maloney can't see that is a major worry.

Bostonhibby
01-02-2022, 10:37 PM
Yeah, step in the right direction, take our chances and we win, the thieves are still the thieves.

Well done to Porteous after his last showing, him, Nisbet and Cadden were outstanding.

Man of the Match Dabrowski for the couple of big moments he had.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Coco Bryce
01-02-2022, 10:39 PM
Our goalie was MOM. He saved us from getting beat.

Nothing to do with Maloney.

JohnM1875
01-02-2022, 10:39 PM
There was and that was a far better starting XI. Kev in goals, Porto, Newell big positives.

But for balance Hearts had 2 main centre halfs out and were there for the taking - despite that they had more shots on target, more corners, more possession and we were lucky not to concede at least one pen. Still very concerned with the sub decisions - astounded that Wright and Campbell are getting on the pitch, neither are close to good enough for Hibs and the fact Maloney can't see that is a major worry.

I'm not Campbell's biggest fan but think he was fine when called upon tonight. Also think it'll help him in the long run getting minutes in games like this rather than starting when he's not ready.

SMAXXA
01-02-2022, 10:40 PM

Course not it’s only something to do with him when our keeper on Saturday chucked one in and out defenders don’t defend.

Give the guy a break man.

Coco Bryce
01-02-2022, 10:42 PM
Course not it’s only something to do with him when our keeper on Saturday chucked one in and out defenders don’t defend.

Who said Saturday's howler was Maloney's fault?

JamesHFC
01-02-2022, 10:42 PM

It’s starting to become embarrassing 😭

SMAXXA
01-02-2022, 10:43 PM
It’s starting to become embarrassing 😭

What is?

Key West
01-02-2022, 10:44 PM

The goalie is as much a part of the team as any other player, I’m sure Gordon’s efforts have won Hearts a few points this season.

LaMotta
I'm not Campbell's biggest fan but think he was fine when called upon tonight. Also think it'll help him in the long run getting minutes in games like this rather than starting when he's not ready.

The best you can say about him is he was fine. We have better than fine sitting warming the bench in Scott Allan. And if Sylvestor Stallone Jasper Carrot or whatever his name is can't get on ahead of him or Wright then what's the point in him signing?

Alfred E Newman

You are obviously disappointed.

Lendo
Is the misspelling of his name deliberate now?

Unseen work
01-02-2022, 10:45 PM

We also had our main goalie out and 3 centre half’s out in McGinn, Hanlon and Clarke.

Not to mentioned missing Magennis too.

Agree re Wright - I backed him against United and Celtic but last couple of games he’s went back the way. He’s so so careless on the ball at times under no pressure and puts us in very vulnerable positions as a result.

I imagine Jasper will take his role by Saturday.

Unseen work
01-02-2022, 10:46 PM
The best you can say about him is he was fine. We have better than fine sitting warming the bench in Scott Allan. And if Sylvestor Stallone Jasper Carrot or whatever his name is can't get on ahead of him or Wright then what's the point in him signing?

He arrived today and hasn’t trained with us yet, he was never getting game time tonight as reported last night.

LaMotta
01-02-2022, 10:46 PM
Is the misspelling of his name deliberate now?

It's most probably a mistake, why? What's your point?

500miles
01-02-2022, 10:47 PM
We played a much more simple game, less passing in our own half, going long when up against a high press. Of course, the players are getting settled and fitter too, so I'm not surprised. Ironically I think we've improved game on game since Cove, despite worse outcomes.

Coco Bryce
01-02-2022, 10:47 PM
The goalie is as much a part of the team as any other player, I’m sure Gordon’s efforts have won Hearts a few points this season.

Yes he has. Can't remember Hearts fans praising Robbie Neilson for his displays though.

LaMotta
01-02-2022, 10:48 PM
We also had our main goalie out and 3 centre half’s out in McGinn, Hanlon and Clarke.

Not to mentioned missing Magennis too.

Agree re Wright - I backed him against United and Celtic but last couple of games he’s went back the way. He’s so so careless on the ball at times under no pressure and puts us in very vulnerable positions as a result.

I imagine Jasper will take his role by Saturday.

Fair points:aok:

LaMotta
Stallone wasn’t on the bench to come on

He was.

Coco Bryce
You are obviously disappointed.

I'm disappointed we never won.

SMAXXA
We played a much more simple game, less passing in our own half, going long when up against a high press. Of course, the players are getting settled and fitter too, so I'm not surprised. Ironically I think we've improved game on game since Cove, despite worse outcomes.

This is what I thought aswell and strangely enough felt we reverted back to pissing about at the back a bit second half and we lost all momentum until last 5-10m when I think their shape got lost a bit with their subs.

Coco Bryce
01-02-2022, 10:49 PM
Stallone wasn’t on the bench to come on

Yes he was.

LaMotta
He arrived today and hasn’t trained with us yet, he was never getting game time tonight as reported last night.

He shouldn't be on the bench then, totally pointless.

SMAXXA
[QUOTE=LaMotta;6844519]He was.[/

Ignore me I’m talking guff

LaMotta
01-02-2022, 10:51 PM
No Jasper was he’s the defender not Stallone the winger

What you on about mate?:dunno:

SMAXXA
01-02-2022, 10:52 PM
What you on about mate?:dunno:

See my above post I’m taking pish ignore that 😂

LaMotta
01-02-2022, 10:53 PM
See my above post I’m taking pish ignore that 😂

haha no worries bud:greengrin

Key West
01-02-2022, 10:56 PM

Agree we looked fitter and mixed it up more and as a consequence were less predictable, I like Campbell he makes mistakes but is getting into good scoring positions he’s young and like Henderson will improve with games and time. Drey Wright needs to get the basics right and then try to get back on track by building on good moments, I think the manager is giving him a chance and it is really up to him after that. As always the question is can Hibs play with the same energy against the other sides.

Key West
01-02-2022, 10:58 PM
Yes he has. Can't remember Hearts fans praising Robbie Neilson for his displays though.

Ok, apologies for giving the manager some credit.

Jones28
01-02-2022, 11:12 PM

Maloney picked him.

cabbageandribs1875
01-02-2022, 11:17 PM
took a while for me but i finally clicked who Sean is

onfire
01-02-2022, 11:18 PM

100% and was so unlucky at the end. It’s his breakthrough season and needed a rest as you say.

Callum_62
01-02-2022, 11:25 PM

Nothing to do with Maloney.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Brilliant [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
01-02-2022, 11:26 PM

Poor

Callum_62
01-02-2022, 11:27 PM

Allan and Wright are totally different

Allan has the mobility of my grandma unfortunately - which was important with hearts ontop

I'm sure our new signing is a winger aswell so also totally irrelevant

hibeerealist
01-02-2022, 11:35 PM
Yeah, step in the right direction, take our chances and we win, the thieves are still the thieves.

Well done to Porteous after his last showing, him, Nisbet and Cadden were outstanding.

Man of the Match Dabrowski for the couple of big moments he had.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Nisbet was outstanding, what game did you watch?

Nisbet has not put in a good, never mind outstanding, performance in some time. I liked that he tracked back a couple of times tonight but his role as a striker was certainly not outstanding.

Franck Stanton
01-02-2022, 11:45 PM

Nisbet has not put in a good, never mind outstanding, performance in some time. I liked that he tracked back a couple of times tonight but his role as a striker was certainly not outstanding.

Thank christ, I was beginning to think I as being overly critical in my take on his performance.
Don't care what level of fitness the Hoff is at present, the sooner he replaces Nisbet the better imo

SMAXXA
01-02-2022, 11:46 PM

You mustn’t have watched Saturdays game as he was good

LunasBoots
01-02-2022, 11:49 PM
Thought Nisbet effort was good I do however think we are missing a striker.

matty_f
01-02-2022, 11:53 PM
I was concerned ahead of the game about whether Maloney would have what it takes to get there payers ‘up’ for a derby - not that they should need motivated for it, but I did with that he wouldn’t lift them.

I shouldn’t have been, none of the players were found wanting and we matched Heart’s physically and tactically, imho.

Maloney deserves credit for tonight.

LaMotta
01-02-2022, 11:59 PM
Allan and Wright are totally different

Allan has the mobility of my grandma unfortunately - which was important with hearts ontop

I'm sure our new signing is a winger aswell so also totally irrelevant

Your first sentence is bang on. Allan is a footballer who can still win matches with creativity, whilst Drey Wright is
completely incapable of doing so, as both players have proved several times this season.

Allan might not be the player he used to be but 'mobility like your granny' comments are just laughable.

And Jasper can play up front or on the wing, like Boyle, so it's not even close to being irrelevant. Even if he was only capable of playing on the wing then so what? He has to be a better option than Wright who doesn't look like he can play anywhere.

Libby Hibby
02-02-2022, 12:00 AM

Away you go.

The Harp Awakes
02-02-2022, 12:12 AM
I like Maloney and if we get behind him I think he will improve us. We have obvious weaknesses but he will sort them if we are patient.

Learnt a lot about him tonight and the players. They upped their game when they needed to.

mjhibby
02-02-2022, 03:58 AM
Agree we looked fitter and mixed it up more and as a consequence were less predictable, I like Campbell he makes mistakes but is getting into good scoring positions he’s young and like Henderson will improve with games and time. Drey Wright needs to get the basics right and then try to get back on track by building on good moments, I think the manager is giving him a chance and it is really up to him after that. As always the question is can Hibs play with the same energy against the other sides.

Good point at the end there. Great reaction from Saturday. It's fine margins. If Nisbet had stayed onside then we win and are 4th. We need Nisbet doidge Mueller etc to start scoring. Once they get the confidence flowing results will come. Hearts are a very average side who have been very lucky with injuries. We have had so many injuries it's mind-blowing. All the new guys will get better with game but mcginnes back is the biggie. Scores from midfield. Priceless in thee modern game.

MWHIBBIES
02-02-2022, 04:24 AM

No way. Goalie saved shots. Whatever next. Hibs played well, better side, especially first half.

JimBHibees
02-02-2022, 05:46 AM
No way. Goalie saved shots. Whatever next. Hibs played well, better side, especially first half.

Agree none of the saves really were much more than standard. His best one was when Rocky tried to pick out the bottom corner :greengrin

Since452
02-02-2022, 05:48 AM
I'm not going to congratulate him just yet. It was better, yes. But many thought we were going to get pumped last night so a 0-0 draw with two shots on target seems better than it actually was. First half was good. Second half wasn't good enough imo. Small steps but at least it's small steps in the right direction. Need to beat St Mirren now.

hibsbollah
02-02-2022, 05:52 AM
I was concerned ahead of the game about whether Maloney would have what it takes to get there payers ‘up’ for a derby - not that they should need motivated for it, but I did with that he wouldn’t lift them.

I shouldn’t have been, none of the players were found wanting and we matched Heart’s physically and tactically, imho.

Maloney deserves credit for tonight.

:agree:
There were still some clowns round me who wanted to shout abuse at Maloney when we were under the cosh for 10-15 minutes around the middle of the second half, instead of getting behind your team in a derby. Weird behaviour.

JimBHibees
02-02-2022, 06:04 AM
Has to take credit for the performance and wished we had scored the winner to get it up the Sky sports panel. Poor from Ross to be there like some jilted lover imo emboldened the two Rangers halfwits to have a pop at the club.

Really do need to give Maloney a proper chance. Looked like there was a bit of heat in the handshake betweem him and caveman2 at the end.

JamesHFC
02-02-2022, 06:51 AM
This year to save me from tears, I’ll give it to Shaun Maloney.

Hibbyradge
02-02-2022, 07:01 AM
Has to take credit for the performance and wished we had scored the winner to get it up the Sky sports panel. Poor from Ross to be there like some jilted lover imo emboldened the two Rangers halfwits to have a pop at the club.

Really do need to give Maloney a proper chance. Looked like there was a bit of heat in the handshake betweem him and caveman2 at the end.

Jack Ross was very good last night. He was impartial, sincere and self deprecating. There were no signs of bitterness or spite and I was impressed with his behaviour.

SMAXXA
02-02-2022, 08:42 AM
I'm not going to congratulate him just yet. It was better, yes. But many thought we were going to get pumped last night so a 0-0 draw with two shots on target seems better than it actually was. First half was good. Second half wasn't good enough imo. Small steps but at least it's small steps in the right direction. Need to beat St Mirren now.

Isn’t it a 2 way street praise him for good and criticise when not so good? When I read stuff like this I can’t help feeling it’s the start of some folk formed there opinion and no matter what he does they won’t want to give him credit.

Don’t see what’s hard to give credit where it’s due? But the same folk will slaughter him very quickly it’s just not balanced IMO.

B.H.F.C
02-02-2022, 08:55 AM
Think he now needs to stick as close to that team as possible and not be making 3, 4 or 5 changes unless he needs to.

I didn’t think we pissed about with it as much at the back and were better for it. I also think it showed you don’t play all three of Newell, JDH and Campbell. Whilst we lacked quality in the final third there was an intent. It was just the final pass or finish that were lacking (Doidge could have had 2 or 3 goals in the first half if he was sharper).

Scorrie
02-02-2022, 09:01 AM
Jack Ross was very good last night. He was impartial, sincere and self deprecating. There were no signs of bitterness or spite and I was impressed with his behaviour.

I agree. Classy. I’m still a wee bit disappointed he’s not our coach but onwards and upwards now

Callum_62
02-02-2022, 09:01 AM
Your first sentence is bang on. Allan is a footballer who can still win matches with creativity, whilst Drey Wright is
completely incapable of doing so, as both players have proved several times this season.

Allan might not be the player he used to be but 'mobility like your granny' comments are just laughable.

And Jasper can play up front or on the wing, like Boyle, so it's not even close to being irrelevant. Even if he was only capable of playing on the wing then so what? He has to be a better option than Wright who doesn't look like he can play anywhere.

He has though. No way Allan would have been able to keep up with the pace of the game

He hardly can in a regular fixture nevermind when we are under the cosh in a derby

Your comment about the boy on the wing - great so we just completely give banigame the freedom of Easter Road - that would've worked really well [emoji106]

KWJ
02-02-2022, 09:07 AM
He has though. No way Allan would have been able to keep up with the pace of the game

He hardly can in a regular fixture nevermind when we are under the cosh in a derby

Your comment about the boy on the wing - great so we just completely give banigame the freedom of Easter Road - that would've worked really well [emoji106]

He could certainly do it for 20 minutes and he's not going to get up to 90 or even 60 without playing these games.

Allan's passes can win games and with someone like Mitchell on the park it capitalises on his threat.

B.H.F.C
02-02-2022, 09:13 AM
He could certainly do it for 20 minutes and he's not going to get up to 90 or even 60 without playing these games.

Allan's passes can win games and with someone like Mitchell on the park it capitalises on his threat.

I’m past thinking about what Allan could offer as it’s pretty clear he’s not going to be used now, not really sure why he’s still here.

But he could certainly offer more than someone like Wright. When he did manage to get a few games it’s not as if we fell to bits and got totally overrun, we/he were actually doing all right (apart from the Dundee Utd disaster at ER).

That wee Beni boy they have is good, but not as good as he thinks he is. He was also struggling to move in the last 15 minutes. I think that was part of the reason we finished stronger as, when we did get a creative type on in Henderson, he was able to pick the ball up in and around there.

LaMotta
02-02-2022, 09:15 AM

Regular fixtures like the ones V St Mirren ar ER and away at Tannadice and McDiarmid where he was absolutely instumental? His vision and creativity in those 3 short appearances alone this season led to more Hibs goals than Drey Wright has been involved in over the last 18 months.

Nil nil v a Hearts team with their 2 regular centre halves out at home and we leave our most creative player on the bench?

Wright gave the ball away 3 times in a short space of time, put us under more pressure than Baningame did in the whole game. Wright can run about a lot I'll give you that, but he is actually a winger by trade so no idea what point you are trying to make here:aok:

MWHIBBIES
02-02-2022, 09:23 AM
There is some serious exaggeration going on with Scott Allan. You'd think he was on 1 leg.

He is fine. Maybe lost a step but he's not deed. He'll go somewhere else and do great.

Smartie
02-02-2022, 10:06 AM
It was an acceptable performance and a much needed one.

I had the fear going into the game but we started very well and that gave the crowd something to go on. That's always a 2 way street - the fans have to be given a bit of something to cheer and in return their support can help drive the team on.

The first half against Livi was good but the second half abject. Last night was a tough game and one we came through well. Goalkeeper was excellent making a debut in tough circumstances, the defence all played well and the midfield were excellent. We've still got a bit of work to do from midfield forwards but hopefully that will come. Nisbet looks to be grafting away, Mueller needs a bit of time to adapt to the league but seems to have something about him, Doidge is capable of better than he showed last night.

Most importantly - I'm looking forward to the upcoming games. I'd been dreading last night, came close to not going and knocked back an offer to go to hospitality for nowt into the bargain.

Hopefully our wobbly little transitional spell can be put behind us.

There's still a lot to play for this season and a decent cup run and 4th in the league should always represent a decent result for us. It's there for the taking and I thought last night showed that whilst we still have obvious weaknesses and areas needing work, we do have a solid base to build on and can have some reasons for optimism/ enthusiasm.

Key West
02-02-2022, 10:16 AM
Sorry Shaun not Sean, schoolboy error!🤯

Callum_62
02-02-2022, 10:23 AM
Regular fixtures like the ones V St Mirren ar ER and away at Tannadice and McDiarmid where he was absolutely instumental? His vision and creativity in those 3 short appearances alone this season led to more Hibs goals than Drey Wright has been involved in over the last 18 months.

Nil nil v a Hearts team with their 2 regular centre halves out at home and we leave our most creative player on the bench?

Wright gave the ball away 3 times in a short space of time, put us under more pressure than Baningame did in the whole game. Wright can run about a lot I'll give you that, but he is actually a winger by trade so no idea what point you are trying to make here:aok:Did he play on the wing? I'm not sure he actually is a winger

My point is technically Scott Allan obviosuly trumps Wright

For the job Wright was brought onto do (and yes that includes trying to nullify hearts threats) he was the better option than Scott Allan

So much so that I was about to write on the match day thread I expect to see Wright on soon just as he popped up on my screen

Stonewall
02-02-2022, 10:27 AM

Hardly tells the full story.

Stats without context are virtually meaningless.

Smartie
02-02-2022, 10:29 AM
Did he play on the wing? I'm not sure he actually is a winger

For the job Wright was brought onto do (and yes that includes trying to nullify hearts threats) he was the better option than Scott Allan

So much so that I was about to write on the match day thread I expect to see Wright on soon just as he popped up on my screen

I've defended Wright on here multiple times as I quite like what he can offer on occasion - but he was dreadful last night. It was like I was seeing the player that other folk talk about.

I wonder if it was a coincidence that his best performance for us came in an almost empty Tannadice? He looked jittery as hell last night, I thought the occasion was too much for him and he went to pieces.

LaMotta
02-02-2022, 12:06 PM
Did he play on the wing? I'm not sure he actually is a winger

It says he's a winger on wikipedia so it must be true:greengrin. To be fair he doesnt look like a winger, but he also doesnt look like a central midfielder or a striker either.

I do understand what you are saying about why he was chosen to come on but for me that is a poor reason and the wrong decision.

With the derby record we have over the years we should be trying everything we can to beat Hearts at home rather than nullifying the likes of Baningame who, whilst a decent enough player, has 0 goals and 1 assist in 19 games this season. Why not bring on Allan so that Hearts have to think about nullifying a real threat from us?

1875Sean
02-02-2022, 05:07 PM
Good performance still puzzles at some of maloney analysis tho, heard the interview on sport sound and he said Hibs created more chances than Hearts, what game was he watching? The reported pulled him up on it and reeled off some stats which annoyed maloney