PDA

View Full Version : Back the team and manager tomorrow

HendoDelivered
31-01-2022, 09:36 PM
As the title says. Lets get right behind them tomorrow!

Things seem incredibly toxic and OTT (sometimes justified) right now but lets just make as much noise and be as supportive as we possibly can tomorrow night, they players/management need that from us.

None of this booing or abusing the players pish if we aren’t playing well or go a goal down. Lets just get right behind the boys tomorrow from the first minute.

Back the team.

GGTTH

Mick O'Rourke
31-01-2022, 09:43 PM

Things seem incredibly toxic and OTT (sometimes justified) right now but lets just make as much noise and be as supportive as we possibly can tomorrow night, they players/management need that from us.

None of this booing or abusing the players pish if we aren’t playing well or go a goal down. Lets just get right behind the boys tomorrow from the first minute.

Back the team.

GGTTH

Well said,Hendo

Getintaerum !!,

GGTTH SOL
:flag:

Callum_62
31-01-2022, 09:47 PM
I'm no even going but I plan to start booing as soon the the sky coverage starts

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

weecounty hibby
31-01-2022, 09:48 PM
100%. Really need to get right behind the team tomorrow. Park the negativity and doom and gloom for 90 mins. The tarts will be up for it and we need to be too

Northernhibee
31-01-2022, 09:48 PM
I'm no even going but I plan to start booing as soon the the sky coverage starts

I don’t know what you’re waiting for, I’ve started booing now.

HoboHarry
31-01-2022, 09:49 PM
Aye right, break out the flaming torches and pitchforks and sack Ron Gordon's office..

JXM73
I'll boo after the 1st pass back to macey after having possession in the jambos final third....

bingo70
I’ll give them 10 minutes to impress me or I’m booing the *******s.

JohnM1875
31-01-2022, 09:50 PM
I'll boo after the 1st pass back to macey after having possession in the jambos final third....

I'll boo when there's still two seconds left on the big screen countdown to kick off

Vault Boy
31-01-2022, 09:54 PM

Back the team.

GGTTH

Good post.

Callum_62
31-01-2022, 09:54 PM
Tell ye what, hope this attitude is right thro the team and fans

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1488198604703555585?t=q7otqaRHkrcl4j3BI-ZaCw&s=19

B.H.F.C
31-01-2022, 09:56 PM
We need to be loud early doors. Then it’s over to the players to make sure it stays that way.

Not happy with the window, or the season so far really, but it’s not as if we’re in a horrific position. We’ve still got a lot to play for. And if we want to have any chance of chasing Hearts (not that I think we’ll catch them now) we need to win.

Shrekko
31-01-2022, 10:09 PM
We need to be loud early doors. Then it’s over to the players to make sure it stays that way.

Not happy with the window, or the season so far really, but it’s not as if we’re in a horrific position. We’ve still got a lot to play for. And if we want to have any chance of chasing Hearts (not that I think we’ll catch them now) we need to win.

It's all a bit bizarre- we're going for Europe in the league, we've made a cup final and are still in the Scottish Cup. It's not like we've nothing to play for - but yet the fans have totally downed tools in their support and we're already hearing folk proudly announce they're not buying season tickets. How did the fans manage in seasons past?

Not everything is going right but it's just amazing that complete backing at a derby doesn't seem to be a stick on certainty.

The one time the fans got really behind the players this season we thumped Rangers- it's surely worth the effort?

worcesterhibby
31-01-2022, 10:10 PM
Great OP…there seems to be very few supporters these days and a lot of customers. Let’s stop moaning and roar the team on.

RossScott1991
31-01-2022, 10:30 PM
I really want to be positive and will be there supporting team. It’s just our midfield terrifies the life out of me and what I fear could happen, we really aren’t good in the middle of the park.

#2 Double Tap
31-01-2022, 10:32 PM
Come on you boys in green!

Win tomorrow and all is good!!

Smartie
31-01-2022, 10:37 PM
I really want to be positive and will be there supporting team. It’s just our midfield terrifies the life out of me and what I fear could happen, we really aren’t good in the middle of the park.

I don’t think we’ve ever gone into a derby with a squad of players and coach less equipped to win a game.

This could be really ugly.

bingo70
31-01-2022, 10:40 PM
I don’t think we’ve ever gone into a derby with a squad of players and coach less equipped to win a game.

Casper game we weren’t given a chance. I can’t remember the background to that though and why we were so under strength.

Smartie
31-01-2022, 10:44 PM
Casper game we weren’t given a chance. I can’t remember the background to that though and why we were so under strength.

True.

I seem to remember a Steven Thicot masterclass in adversity, maybe at CH?

And was Lewis Stevenson playing centre midfield?

That’s certainly the most notable one prior to this one.

I guess with a derby you never know. And we’ve been on the wrong end of these often enough.

Stevie Reid
31-01-2022, 11:02 PM

Just loads of injuries I think. Plus we were miles behind them in the league - 12 points, funnily enough.

Stevie Reid
31-01-2022, 11:06 PM
True.

I seem to remember a Steven Thicot masterclass in adversity, maybe at CH?

And was Lewis Stevenson playing centre midfield?

That’s certainly the most notable one prior to this one.

I guess with a derby you never know. And we’ve been on the wrong end of these often enough.

Aye, Thicot and Murray at CB. Hanlon LB and Van Zanten RB. Stevenson in midfield with Rankin, Chisholm and and O’Brien.

Fletch and Deek up top tbf.

Torto7
31-01-2022, 11:49 PM
Get torn into them. I'm up for this.:flag:

Hibbyradge
31-01-2022, 11:52 PM

Part timer.

I had started booing a few minutes ago, but Mrs R has an important meeting first thing so I need to let her sleep.

As soon as she's left the house though...

Stuart93
01-02-2022, 12:05 AM
Part timer.

I had started booing a few minutes ago, but Mrs R has an important meeting first thing so I need to let her sleep.

As soon as she's left the house though...

I woke up this morning (yesterday morning now) and was already booing. Then I came on here to spread my booing

Hibbyradge
01-02-2022, 12:06 AM
I woke up this morning (yesterday morning now) and was already booing. Then I came on here to spread my booing

I believe you.

Stuart93
01-02-2022, 12:13 AM
I believe you.

Booooooo!!

I’m starting to like this new relationship we have going on.

Real Emerald
01-02-2022, 12:15 AM
I think we’ll take a bit of a beating but every time I’ve gone into a big game being very worried, the team has turned up and surprised me. Hopefully tonight will be the same especially if we can get a wee addition to the squad before kick off. :pray:

hibbydog
01-02-2022, 01:12 AM
I think we’ll take a bit of a beating but every time I’ve gone into a big game being very worried, the team has turned up and surprised me. Hopefully tonight will be the same especially if we can get a wee addition to the squad before kick off. :pray:

Typical Hibs. Mostly disappointing, but they always do just enough to keep you coming back.

Since we just announced another signing, I’m going to delay my booing until lunchtime

bigwheel
01-02-2022, 05:21 AM
Absolutely. 100 percent behind the manager and the team tonight . Always am . Can moan if worried On here..but not at the stadium on match day ..get it right up them. And for some reason, I have a feeling we are going to turn them over . We have some top players for our league ..let’s not forget that .

Since452
01-02-2022, 05:29 AM
I'll back the team of course but it's up to the manager to give us something to cheer. Need a massive improvement on what we've seen from him so far. I get the feeling this could already be a defining night for him. It's over to you Shaun.

Springbank
01-02-2022, 05:44 AM
Tale of 2 managers tonight. You can guarantee tonight one manager will turn up hoping to make a name for himself in folklore (hearts manager that avenged 0-7) while the other? Well, you tell me.

MWHIBBIES
01-02-2022, 05:46 AM
Tale of 2 managers tonight. You can guarantee tonight one manager will turn up hoping to make a name for himself in folklore (hearts manager that avenged 0-7) while the other? Well, you tell me.

:faf: avenged 0-7, did you actually just say that

:faf:

Since452
01-02-2022, 05:47 AM

You do realise that game was 50 years ago? 50. I doubt anyone in either camp has given that a second thought.

Unseen work
01-02-2022, 05:52 AM
I don’t get the sudden fear with the midfield to be honest.

A midfield four of Cadden, JDH, Newell and Doig is more than combative enough imo to deal with hearts. They’ll likely have Haring in there who can hardly move.

But I agree with the Op let’s get right behind the team and let them know we’re supporting them. We’re playing Hearts ffs , the last thing we should be doing is knocking our own team and lifting there’s!

If they win it should be because what Hearts have done well and not an adverse effect that we’ve had on our team.

jakeshibs
01-02-2022, 05:52 AM

Back the team.

GGTTH

Well Said Sir

We need to get right behind them from the beginning , all the negativity needs to stop and lets cheer them on GGTTH.

JimBHibees
01-02-2022, 06:27 AM

Wow that is taking negativity to a new level. :greengrin

We will beat them tonight.

Steve20
01-02-2022, 06:36 AM
I don’t get the sudden fear with the midfield to be honest.

A midfield four of Cadden, JDH, Newell and Doig is more than combative enough imo to deal with hearts. They’ll likely have Haring in there who can hardly move.

But I agree with the Op let’s get right behind the team and let them know we’re supporting them. We’re playing Hearts ffs , the last thing we should be doing is knocking our own team and lifting there’s!

If they win it should be because what Hearts have done well and not an adverse effect that we’ve had on our team.

Probably because JDH and Newell aren't very good.

Brightside
01-02-2022, 06:40 AM
Probably because JDH and Newell aren't very good.

That’s the spirit.

easty
01-02-2022, 07:30 AM
Always back the team, it’s away from the games (mostly on here) I’ll voice my displeasure.

Couldn’t have been more clear to me when watching the games under Maloney that we needed a bit of quality in the middle of the park. We’ve not addressed it at all, and if we’re going to continue with this system then it’s going to cause us problems for the rest of the season.

Really disappointed this morning. Only way to lift the mood is to **** the jamobs tonight.

easty
01-02-2022, 07:31 AM

Steady now…

Keith_M
01-02-2022, 07:31 AM
There's loads of other threads for those that want to moan.

Northernhibee
01-02-2022, 07:33 AM

Lots of premium rate phone lines too.

Stevie Reid
01-02-2022, 11:06 AM

Come to think of it, maybe the first derby at ER in the first season in the Championship is a better comparison for tonight? They were already miles ahead of us and Stubbs’ team was yet to convince us that it had the mettle for that league and the bigger games - we’d already lost at Tynie but did have a great win at Ibrox tbf though.

Anyway, we played them off the park that game and only dropped the two points due to that ridiculous strike from Ozturk. Similar performance tonight will do nicely - Hearts very strong favourites but a Neilson side has yet to convince (or win, I think?) at ER.

Chuck Rhoades
01-02-2022, 11:08 AM

Back the team.

GGTTH

We’ll get behind the team, as we always do. Suspect even you won’t be cheering if we go a couple down tonight.

Chuck Rhoades
01-02-2022, 11:09 AM
Tell ye what, hope this attitude is right thro the team and fans

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1488198604703555585?t=q7otqaRHkrcl4j3BI-ZaCw&s=19

Strange how he hasn’t shown the same on the pitch this season.

JamesHFC
01-02-2022, 11:09 AM
Let’s get into the dirty smelly hearts *******s.

This will be remembered as the Chris Mueller derby, mark my words.

Sunshine on Leith is going to be beautiful.

Callum_62
01-02-2022, 11:15 AM
Strange how he hasn’t shown the same on the pitch this season.This place is worse than a Coldplay gig

Smartie
01-02-2022, 11:37 AM
Strange how he hasn’t shown the same on the pitch this season.

I've probably been Kevin Nisbet's second biggest critic on here.. but if the saying is true that you're only as good as your last game then we should be cutting Nisbet all kinds of slack.

On Saturday, and in spite of it being a grim second half performance, I thought he put in exactly the kind of shift that you'd expect of a senior Hibs player and a Scotland internationalist.

Hopefully we're going to see more of that from him.

There are a few people who could really do with a big performance and a good result tonight - Nisbet is one of the main ones.

Fergus52
01-02-2022, 11:40 AM

This is a ridiculous statement.

Seems like some posters are competing to see who can be the most over dramatic.

I've seen us going into derbies with far far worse squads than the current one.

HendoDelivered
01-02-2022, 11:45 AM

😂😂 it’s almost like some are waiting for us to lose so they can say “I told you so.”

Saint Hibee
01-02-2022, 11:52 AM
Losing won't be the end of the world, but losing without showing any fight or passion will be. I think if we can really show a bit of personality and tenacity, we can do it. I'm going for 2-0, Nisbet and Henderson.

Diclonius
01-02-2022, 12:00 PM
First misplaced pass gets a boo from me.

No applause for Hibs play unless we spend three consecutive minutes in their half.

Won't be cheering an opening Hibs goal if scored past the half hour mark.

Drey Wright comes on and I leave the ground in protest.

Hiber-nation
01-02-2022, 12:12 PM
We are still bookies' favourites!!

Brightside
01-02-2022, 12:17 PM
Hearts arent great tbh. Source: my ST hearts supporting pal. We are more than good enough to beat them but we need to be much more dynamic in the final 3rd.

bingo70
01-02-2022, 12:19 PM
Hearts arent great tbh. Source: my ST hearts supporting pal. We are more than good enough to beat them but we need to be much more dynamic in the final 3rd.

Robbie Neilson said in an interview yesterday they aren’t playing well just now.

Dangerous to say this out loud I know and I wouldn’t back it with any money but my gut feeling is we will win tonight. I think we will be really up for it and they are going to be over confident.

Time will tell though.

Since90+2
01-02-2022, 12:20 PM

Not with 365.

Coco Bryce
01-02-2022, 12:22 PM
I've probably been Kevin Nisbet's second biggest critic on here.. but if the saying is true that you're only as good as your last game then we should be cutting Nisbet all kinds of slack.

On Saturday, and in spite of it being a grim second half performance, I thought he put in exactly the kind of shift that you'd expect of a senior Hibs player and a Scotland internationalist.

Hopefully we're going to see more of that from him.

There are a few people who could really do with a big performance and a good result tonight - Nisbet is one of the main ones.

Nisbet will be the difference tonight.

Brightside
01-02-2022, 12:24 PM
Robbie Neilson said in an interview yesterday they aren’t playing well just now.

Dangerous to say this out loud I know and I wouldn’t back it with any money but my gut feeling is we will win tonight. I think we will be really up for it and they are going to be over confident.

Time will tell though.

I think they are similar to us last season. Grinding out results when others are struggling so the 3rd place has been exaggerated.

WhileTheChief..
01-02-2022, 12:27 PM
I'm not worried about the fans at all, we always do our bit.

We get behind the team at the start of every game at ER and tonight will be the same.

If we're getting hammered though I fully expect boos or abuse to be heard.

It would be nice if the players started the game with 100% energy, focus, determination etc.

They do that and ER will be rocking.

Play like we did against Livi in the 2nd half and the players deserve any abuse that comes their way.

It's 100% on them how the fans react.

Hiber-nation
01-02-2022, 12:29 PM
Not with 365.

I only checked Skybet and I see now that almost everyone else has hearts as favourites now!

WhileTheChief..
01-02-2022, 12:30 PM
😂😂 it’s almost like some are waiting for us to lose so they can say “I told you so.”

Total BS.

There's not a single Hibs fan on the planet that wants us to lose so they can say 'I told you so' ffs.

cabbageandribs1875
01-02-2022, 12:31 PM

not on bet365 or Willy Hill

9/5 - the good guys

17/10 - the bad guys

17/10 - the good guys

13/8 - the bad guys

thankfully the cream cookies do get it wrong, sometimes :)

Smartie
01-02-2022, 12:33 PM

We've got a manager who has never taken charge of a team in a derby before.

We've got a midfield that has been all over the shop - and we know how important the midfield battle can be in a derby.

At various other points in recent games our defence and strikeforce have been dreadful too.

Our goalkeeper made a howler at the weekend and let in 3 at home to Livingston.

We've been pretty awful since we came back after Christmas. Results had been acceptable, then we got beat at home by Livingston (albeit with an improved first half performance).

Whilst they're not exactly the 1970 Brazil team, this Hearts team is better than most Hearts teams we've played in recent years.

Seriously, I'd love to be optimistic. I just don't see where any grounds for optimism can come from - other than the number of times we've seen the stronger side on paper lose games like this.

flash
01-02-2022, 12:34 PM

Worse than the 2012 final? Or the semi where we had about 7 out and sold O'Connor?

Nappy filled drivel.

JamesHFC
01-02-2022, 12:53 PM
Worse than the 2012 final? Or the semi where we had about 7 out and sold O'Connor?

Nappy filled drivel.

Some of the nonsense on here is baffling.

jacomo
01-02-2022, 12:53 PM

Nappy filled drivel.

Well those two matches certainly give cause for optimism!

flash
01-02-2022, 12:56 PM
Well those two matches certainly give cause for optimism!

Those two matches are completely irrelevant. As is 7-0 and 6-2.

Smartie
01-02-2022, 01:05 PM
Those two matches are completely irrelevant. As is 7-0 and 6-2.

If the subject is a comparison of our preparedness for going into a derby then they're relevant.

Your point is a fair one actually - they're games we went into in a pretty dreadful state, probably worse than this one.

So if we're taking the 3 games in my time watching Hibs that we've gone into in poor shape - we won the Casper game with a cracking performance in adversity and got horsed in the other 2 by 4 goals at Hampden.

Here's hoping this one is more Casper than the other 2.

Hibees1973
01-02-2022, 01:15 PM
Going by hibs.net and decisions made at the club recently it does appear to be a bit of a shambles.

Guess we will find out tonight how much of a shambles it is.

....and yes, I will support them. Always.

Turkish Green
01-02-2022, 01:19 PM
If the subject is a comparison of our preparedness for going into a derby then they're relevant.

Your point is a fair one actually - they're games we went into in a pretty dreadful state, probably worse than this one.

So if we're taking the 3 games in my time watching Hibs that we've gone into in poor shape - we won the Casper game with a cracking performance in adversity and got horsed in the other 2 by 4 goals at Hampden.

Here's hoping this one is more Casper than the other 2.

From all my years I have never seen Hibs being more prepared for the game than the Yams. They have so many ex-Jambos to work up the players: Jeffries, Levien, Locke, etc., what do we have apart from Ian Murray shaving his head. Even all their newbies will be well versed in the meaning of winning the derby, even Sibbick had to put Hibs down when addressing his signing for them.

Hibs have a mountain to overcome but they will do it as I reckon their defence will concede under constant pressure. I just wish Boyle had not departed without being replaced.

Turkish Green
01-02-2022, 01:20 PM
Going by hibs.net and decisions made at the club recently it does appear to be a bit of a shambles.

Guess we will find out tonight how much of a shambles it is.

....and yes, I will support them. Always.

Will Ron be in Attendance?

MWHIBBIES
01-02-2022, 01:27 PM
Dreading it tbh. Its a 50/50 game, despite the hysterics, but it will be a really awful toxic atmosphere if we're getting beat. Drink fueled, tensions running high, Maloney on a hiding to nothing. All the makings of a disaster

Smartie
01-02-2022, 01:44 PM
FFS

Better add "debutant goalkeeper" to the list then.

Hibernian Verse
01-02-2022, 02:09 PM
FFS

Better add "debutant goalkeeper" to the list then.

You need to find a quiet, dark room until you leave for the game.

Jones28
01-02-2022, 02:10 PM

Nappy filled drivel.

Comment of the day. The hysteria is going in to overdrive.

silverhibee
01-02-2022, 02:17 PM

Just passed ER and seen a guy setting up a wee stall, says he will make a fortune selling nappies tonight. :greengrin

Ronniekirk
01-02-2022, 04:07 PM
Not sure if we will win it but hoping that as it’s a Derby and our first full house of the season some players will really respond to this and up Thier game
Craig Gordon will need to have a howler though seems to
Play out his skin v us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superfurryhibby
01-02-2022, 04:28 PM
Just passed ER and seen a guy setting up a wee stall, says he will make a fortune selling nappies tonight. :greengrin

Sponsored by Tenna Man and Tenna Lady no doubt, or is it now Tenna Person of non-binary gender indentification?

Northernhibee
01-02-2022, 04:32 PM
Currently booooooing my way down the road as we speak :greengrin

JamesHFC
01-02-2022, 04:35 PM
It surely can’t be any worse than the last derby at home.

The 90+2
01-02-2022, 04:39 PM
The silencers - I can feel it - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-QbaTQQga0)

:aok:

****in' come on Hibernian.

HibbyAndy
01-02-2022, 05:01 PM
The silencers - I can feel it - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-QbaTQQga0)

:aok:

****in' come on Hibernian.
Love that song ...reminds me of the John Collins era leaving the east to go roond the pond at meadowbank 😁

The 90+2
01-02-2022, 05:15 PM
Love that song ...reminds me of the John Collins era leaving the east to go roond the pond at meadowbank 😁

Ken mate good times :aok:

Since452
01-02-2022, 05:19 PM

Alive and Kicking when the teams came out. Great times.

HibbyAndy
01-02-2022, 05:20 PM
Alive and Kicking when the teams came out. Great times.

👍😁 Remember it like yesterday

Keith_M
01-02-2022, 06:37 PM
I just booed the guy checking the tickets on the train, to get me in the mood.

Jones28
01-02-2022, 06:39 PM
I just booed the guy checking the tickets on the train, to get me in the mood.

I’d be booing whoever told you when kick off was 😅

Keith_M
01-02-2022, 07:40 PM
I’d be booing whoever told you when kick off was 😅

I know what you mean, but I actually posted that an hour before it appeared on here

:greengrin

WhileTheChief..
01-02-2022, 09:51 PM
Nowt wrong with Hibs fans at ER. Bloody marvellous.

Blaster
02-02-2022, 10:30 AM
I know the attendance won’t be as high on Saturday but hopefully all of us who do go give similar support as last night. The backing was excellent