PDA

View Full Version : The Unofficially Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread…

Pedantic_Hibee
30-01-2022, 07:25 PM
Hiya Hibs.net, hiya pal.

It’s back, I’m back, Backstreet’s Back…alright; let’s get started.

I’m working tomorrow so will rarely be in attendance until circa 6pm but let’s get this up and running.

I’m currently preparing egg mayo and ham sandwiches for work tomorrow. Quick tip here for the egg mayo lovers - a tablespoon of mustard into the mix with a liberal sprinkling of paprika and you’ve got yourself a taste sensation here. Try it. You’ll all agree I’m sure (except MWHIBBIES 😉)

The “snack cupboard” has been replenished with a hearty amount of BBQ Pringles, Frazzles, Jalapeño Pretzels, Twirls and Galaxy Salted Caramel Cake Bars. Full fat Coke in the fridge as well because I care very little for my BMI on deadline day.

What’s your plans? What’s your diet? Are you working? Are you snacking?

Could be a very, very busy day tomorrow. Or it could be like a sexual encounter with my bad self…hyped up, full of promises and ending in ultimate disappointment despite handing over a decent amount of money.

Ben Knowseverything at the wheel driving us through the treacherous roads of deadline day with Sean Maloney beside him in the metaphorical car, albeit in a booster seat.

Will nonshinyfinish turn up? Will Haymaker inundate the thread with excitable emojis? Will Stuart93 make me want to drink a pint of bleach with his less than upbeat tones? Will OneDaySoon elevate the thread to higher levels with his unique brand of humour? Will J-C get a footballer in his taxi? Will Jonnyboy regale tales of his time fighting the English at Bannockburn? Will anyone actually discuss transfers? Who knows, but we’re about to find out.

Over and out.

Wee Scottie Dug
30-01-2022, 07:30 PM
About bloody time 🥳

There’s a few posters recently that make Stuart sound almost positive by the way 🍿

Wheat Hound
30-01-2022, 07:30 PM
And the best thread on .net is back!!

Currently warming up with frazzles and irn bru.

Greencore
30-01-2022, 07:43 PM
Gonna drink a sh** ton of beer and prepare my anti Ron Gordon thread if it all goes t*ts up.

Hermit Crab
30-01-2022, 07:45 PM
Hiya Hibs.net, hiya pal.

It’s back, I’m back, Backstreet’s Back…alright; let’s get started.

I’m working tomorrow so will rarely be in attendance until circa 6pm but let’s get this up and running.

I’m currently preparing egg mayo and ham sandwiches for work tomorrow. Quick tip here for the egg mayo lovers - a tablespoon of mustard into the mix with a liberal sprinkling of paprika and you’ve got yourself a taste sensation here. Try it. You’ll all agree I’m sure (except MWHIBBIES 😉)

The “snack cupboard” has been replenished with a hearty amount of BBQ Pringles, Frazzles, Jalapeño Pretzels, Twirls and Galaxy Salted Caramel Cake Bars. Full fat Coke in the fridge as well because I care very little for my BMI on deadline day.

What’s your plans? What’s your diet? Are you working? Are you snacking?

Could be a very, very busy day tomorrow. Or it could be like a sexual encounter with my bad self…hyped up, full of promises and ending in ultimate disappointment despite handing over a decent amount of money.

Ben Knowseverything at the wheel driving us through the treacherous roads of deadline day with Sean Maloney beside him in the metaphorical car, albeit in a booster seat.

Will nonshinyfinish turn up? Will Haymaker inundate the thread with excitable emojis? Will Stuart93 make me want to drink a pint of bleach with his less than upbeat tones? Will OneDaySoon elevate the thread to higher levels with his unique brand of humour? Will J-C get a footballer in his taxi? Will Jonnyboy regale tales of his time fighting the English at Bannockburn? Will anyone actually discuss transfers? Who knows, but we’re about to find out.

Over and out.

20 ****in Regal as well? :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
30-01-2022, 07:47 PM
20 ****in Regal as well? :greengrin

I’m a vaping man these days. But if we’ve not unveiled a new signing by 6pm you’d better believe I’ll be working my way through a twenty deck 😂😂

04Sauzee
30-01-2022, 07:51 PM
Off work tomorrow but having to head up to Dundee for a couple of hrs, I'll be going to a nice little pub that does the best hoisen duck loaded fries.

Del Boy
30-01-2022, 07:56 PM
Milton Mowbray pork pies, cheese and chive pretzels, four pack of red stripe, Doritos and dip all ready to go at Nelson Mandela House when I get home from another day of toil at about 5:30pm. Luvvly jubbly.

Let’s spend a bit of cash Hibs. You know it makes sense.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2022, 07:59 PM
Nae need

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-01-2022, 08:00 PM
Off work tomorrow but having to head up to Dundee for a couple of hrs, I'll be going to a nice little pub that does the best hoisen duck loaded fries.

Is that Caw's Bar?

Hermit Crab
30-01-2022, 08:02 PM

Make sure you stop in at Yorkes of Dundee butchers on Strathmartine road for a dozen steak pies, they're the same ones they sell at St Johnstone and they are out of this world. `

Hermit Crab
30-01-2022, 08:04 PM
I'm off work tomorrow as I'm out tonight so will be monitoring the transfers closely hopefully not nursing a hangover.

04Sauzee
30-01-2022, 08:05 PM
Is that Caw's Bar?

Molly Malone's been once and the loaded fries were outstanding

04Sauzee
30-01-2022, 08:05 PM
Make sure you stop in at Yorkes of Dundee butchers on Strathmartine road for a dozen steak pies, they're the same ones they sell at St Johnstone and they are out of this world. `

Noted 😁👍

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-01-2022, 08:07 PM
Molly Malone's been once and the loaded fries were outstanding

If you end up in Caw's you'll realise I was being a tad sarcastic, cheap as chips though! 😉

The_Exile
30-01-2022, 08:29 PM
Tin of 10 Hamlet miniatures, 12 bottles of Palauner Munchner Hell and a few "sharing" size bags of Flaming Hot Monster Munch are on standby for when things really start to heat up early doors.

There is a half bottle of Hennessy left to celebrate the pheneomenal "our transfer business is done" email on the official site at some point tomorrow afternoon and a real sense of anticipation for the game on Tuesday night, or.........there is a half bottle of tramadol left to commiserate the horrendous "our transfer business is done" email on the official site at some point tomorrow afternoon and a real sense of dread and anxiety about for the game on Tuesday night.

I'll say one thing though, won't be the same without Jim and Natalie, not sure how I'll cope without that comfort blanket.

Del Boy
30-01-2022, 08:31 PM
Is there a sportsound on tomorrow evening at all on radio Scotland? Can’t find it on the listings

The 90+2
30-01-2022, 08:31 PM
Tin of 10 Hamlet miniatures, 12 bottles of Palauner Munchner Hell and a few "sharing" size bags of Flaming Hot Monster Munch are on standby for when things really start to heat up early doors.

There is a half bottle of Hennessy left to celebrate the pheneomenal "our transfer business is done" email on the official site at some point tomorrow afternoon and a real sense of anticipation for the game on Tuesday night, or.........there is a half bottle of tramadol left to commiserate the horrendous "our transfer business is done" email on the official site at some point tomorrow afternoon and a real sense of dread and anxiety about for the game on Tuesday night.

I'll say one thing though, won't be the same without Jim and Natalie, not sure how I'll cope without that comfort blanket.

Jim White is on Talksport with Benty from 5pm :aok:

The 90+2
30-01-2022, 08:32 PM
Is there a sportsound on tomorrow evening at all on radio Scotland? Can’t find it on the listings

No. Next on Tuesday.

Alfred E Newman
30-01-2022, 08:37 PM
What time does the window slam shut?

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-01-2022, 08:38 PM

It's probably due a wash anyway, probably stiffer than those JR cardboard cutouts Silver has been going on about.

SaulGoodman
30-01-2022, 08:39 PM
I’m predicting a damp squib and mass hysteria

BoomtownHibees
30-01-2022, 08:50 PM

Will 2nd this. They’re that good that I get 48 delivered to the house on a semi-regular basis

Hermit Crab
30-01-2022, 08:51 PM
Will 2nd this. They’re that good that I get 48 delivered to the house on a semi-regular basis

Holy ****!!! I feel for your bathroom scales. :greengrin

JamesHFC
30-01-2022, 08:51 PM

Usually midnight in Scotland.

BoomtownHibees
30-01-2022, 08:52 PM
Holy ****!!! I feel for your bathroom scales. :greengrin

Shared between 3 households 😉

Still got some in the freezer from the last time actually

FilipinoHibs
30-01-2022, 08:52 PM
Maybe one more wide striker and a few shipped out. Most of our business is done.

Jones28
30-01-2022, 09:08 PM
Maybe one more wide striker and a few shipped out. Most of our business is done.

Yeah but… crisps?

gbhibby
30-01-2022, 09:09 PM
Six packets of quavers washed down with Coke zero I am on a diet😁

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-01-2022, 09:10 PM

That sort of talk has no place on this thread.

Bostonhibby
30-01-2022, 09:18 PM
Flatbread, sour grapes, plum duff and a big stinking pan of tripe for me.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

SaulGoodman
30-01-2022, 09:20 PM
Not trying to be the most unpopular person on this thread but am I the only one with a proper phobia of crisps? I can’t stand them or being anywhere near someone eating them. I can just about manage ready salted but there’s something about the greasiness, crumbyness or just general.. odour.. that rubs me the wrong way.

J-C
30-01-2022, 09:20 PM
Got the granddaughter all day and I'm usually dosing on the couch by 9pm knackered, hopefully a strong midfielder and an out of the blue loan/signing.

brog
30-01-2022, 09:21 PM
Welcome back, you've cheered me up!!

SteveHFC
30-01-2022, 09:22 PM
Not trying to be the most unpopular person on this thread but am I the only one with a proper phobia of crisps? I can’t stand them or being anywhere near someone eating them. I can just about manage ready salted but there’s something about the greasiness, crumbyness or just general.. odour.. that rubs me the wrong way.

You’re not the only one. Don’t eat them and never will.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-01-2022, 09:24 PM

Reported.

BoomtownHibees
30-01-2022, 09:30 PM
not trying to be the most unpopular person on this thread but am i the only one with a proper phobia of crisps? I can’t stand them or being anywhere near someone eating them. I can just about manage ready salted but there’s something about the greasiness, crumbyness or just general.. Odour.. That rubs me the wrong way.

ltyf

SaulGoodman
30-01-2022, 09:34 PM
ltyf

Call me a yam all you like but un-capitalising my username is a step too far.

BoomtownHibees
30-01-2022, 09:39 PM
Call me a yam all you like but un-capitalising my username is a step too far.

No even sure how that happened!! But deserved for the crisp chat

The 90+2
30-01-2022, 09:40 PM
Pasta Salad pork pie for lunch

Lamb Vindaloo dinner spiced onion peshwari naan (all homemade)

Salt n Vingar pringles, chilli mcoys, spicy monster munch and taxi biscuits.

Loads of beer.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2022, 09:40 PM
You’re not the only one. Don’t eat them and never will.

Reported too.

Hibees1973
30-01-2022, 09:41 PM

Think it's midnight. The clock at East Mains is a couple of minutes slow as we tend to miss out on a sensational last minute signing.:fuming:

gbhibby
30-01-2022, 09:48 PM
You need to make an appointment with Speakmans who appear on This Morning they sort out phobias. Crunch Crunch😁😁

silverhibee
30-01-2022, 10:43 PM
My Sean Maloney cardboard cut out being delivered tomorrow, will arrive in a swan Vesta match box, where to put him though, might have to order a high chair for him and stick him in the corner or centre circle, hope he likes BBQ Stuffed crust , will get a few packets of midget gems as well to be on the safe side, will be a tough one now that I have stopped puffing, as Sean knows it stunts the growth, but the missus always has a spare packet of kensitas club just in case the Jack Ross fan base spoil the night with another Jack love in, Ron better not let us down or I swear I will do time, bring it on. :flag:

Vault Boy
30-01-2022, 10:53 PM
Working from home all day tomorrow, prime opportunity to stay up to date with the latest transfer window nonsense.

I was planning on ordering a Chinese takeaway at some point during the evening, but I've just remembered the only good one near me is shut on Mondays. Disaster.

I'll get something else, hopefully in celebration of two excellent signings, rather than as a coping mechanism for a lack of Hibs related news.

Bless these threads, Pedantic, and all that contribute to them. Can't wait to read all about what somebody orders from a Greggs in Livingston. Genuinely riveting stuff.

If I tried to explain that to anybody in my social circle, they'd look at me funny. Get it up them.

Smartie
30-01-2022, 11:08 PM
Flatbread, sour grapes, plum duff and a big stinking pan of tripe for me.

In better news, we might have found someone that will take James Scott off our hands and use him for something more constructive.

31-01-2022, 12:23 AM
Nik Naks multipack (give a dog a bone)

Asda classic dip selection - cheese & chive, onion & garlic, thousand island and sour cream & chive

Looking forward to the will they/won't they situation with St Mirren selling (or not) Jamie McGrath to anyone. And if we don't get him but Goodwin still wants Gogic, how much will we want for him?

Here's hoping we get at least one more player in with the Boyle money.

HoboHarry
31-01-2022, 12:46 AM
Home made Chilli that I made today with a crusty baguette and a bottle of cabernet sauvignon to wash it down. If my sweet tooth starts up I have a tub of Magnum salted caramel ice cream. Sorted.

JimBHibees
31-01-2022, 06:05 AM
My Sean Maloney cardboard cut out being delivered tomorrow, will arrive in a swan Vesta match box, where to put him though, might have to order a high chair for him and stick him in the corner or centre circle, hope he likes BBQ Stuffed crust , will get a few packets of midget gems as well to be on the safe side, will be a tough one now that I have stopped puffing, as Sean knows it stunts the growth, but the missus always has a spare packet of kensitas club just in case the Jack Ross fan base spoil the night with another Jack love in, Ron better not let us down or I swear I will do time, bring it on. :flag:

:faf:

flash
31-01-2022, 06:40 AM
I think we need pictorial evidence of all the gastronomic claims being made here.
Not entirely sure there aren't a few exaggerated claims amongst them......

Bostonhibby
31-01-2022, 07:34 AM
I think we need pictorial evidence of all the gastronomic claims being made here.
Not entirely sure there aren't a few exaggerated claims amongst them......Okay, I haven't actually got any tripe, can't stand the stuff, would a picture of a sheep do?

flash
31-01-2022, 07:34 AM
Okay, I haven't actually got any tripe, can't stand the stuff, would a picture of a sheep do?

Of course. I will stick to posting tripe.

Bostonhibby
31-01-2022, 07:44 AM
Of course. I will stick to posting tripe.[emoji23]

HH81
31-01-2022, 07:46 AM
Working and on the last day of my no treats January.

Low carbs
No sweet treats and no alcohol.

Least tomorrow I can push the boat out. Draw full of snacks. Enjoy deadline day whilst I drink water 😞.

Radium
31-01-2022, 07:49 AM
Corn flakes (gluten free) and the first coffee of the day finished [emoji736]

Working from home so already eyeing the crinkle cut crisps from Lidl in the cupboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe6-2
31-01-2022, 07:51 AM
[QUOTE=Alfred E Newman;6838666]What time does the window slam shut?[/QUOTE

That expression does my head in!!

ehf
31-01-2022, 07:55 AM

Hope you will be providing him with a list of available goalkeepers and a random number generator so he can pick his team for the derby while he is waiting for us not to sign one.

Joe6-2
31-01-2022, 07:55 AM
In better news, we might have found someone that will take James Scott off our hands and use him for something more constructive.

Don’t toy with me!!

Dalianwanda
31-01-2022, 08:08 AM
Only work I have on today is a 30min lunchtime meditation class to a large gang of accountants...Thats gonna provide me as well as them a chance to recalibrate & the mind to settle. Ive a load of samosas & pakoras made up for the second part of the day, just need to be chucked in the air fryer but prior to that Im gonna treat myself to a pub lunch in the boozer over the road..They'll have sky sports on so I don't need to miss a minute of the action/lack of action.

hibbyfraelibby
31-01-2022, 08:15 AM
No Nachos in Margiottas had to settle for Quinola chips to go with my sour cream and chive dip.

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2022, 08:16 AM

What a terrible day to be literate.

jacomo
31-01-2022, 08:25 AM

This post makes me so sad! So sorry to hear this, your loss is unimaginable.

Sending hugs.

JimboHibs
31-01-2022, 08:26 AM
Announce Rowan Vine.

JimBHibees
31-01-2022, 08:42 AM
Only work I have on today is a 30min lunchtime meditation class to a large gang of accountants...Thats gonna provide me as well as them a chance to recalibrate & the mind to settle. Ive a load of samosas & pakoras made up for the second part of the day, just need to be chucked in the air fryer but prior to that Im gonna treat myself to a pub lunch in the boozer over the road..They'll have sky sports on so I don't need to miss a minute of the action/lack of action.

Hugely jealous of your day :greengrin

jacomo
31-01-2022, 08:50 AM
Hugely jealous of your day :greengrin

Getting other people to pay for your meditation.

Air frying samosas and pakoras.

Next level stuff here.

JimBHibees
31-01-2022, 08:51 AM

Next level stuff here.

I was thinking more of the 30 minute workday and pub lunch :greengrin

jacomo
31-01-2022, 08:53 AM
In homage to our new manager and his Belgian connections, I will be consuming only waffles and chocolate during the day.

This evening I’m looking forward to a dinner of moules frites washed down with some curiously sweet, chewy and deceptively strong beers.

Salut!

Hibdan12
31-01-2022, 08:53 AM
Pasta Salad pork pie for lunch

Lamb Vindaloo dinner spiced onion peshwari naan (all homemade)

Salt n Vingar pringles, chilli mcoys, spicy monster munch and taxi biscuits.

Loads of beer.

Strange filling for a pork pie

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2022, 08:54 AM

Next level stuff here.

It's outstanding – a thorough modernisation of the TDD experience.

jacomo
31-01-2022, 08:54 AM

Yeah, sounds like one of those ‘too good to be true’ careers advertised by chancers on YouTube!

Alfred E Newman
31-01-2022, 08:56 AM
I'll be sitting glued to sky sports news tonight with a couple of packets of McVities half covered and looking forward to finding out who we have just missed out on at the last minute.

Mick O'Rourke
31-01-2022, 08:59 AM

Dont get them gigs in a Job Centre window.

Since452
31-01-2022, 09:04 AM

Have you tried them on a sandwich? With Sauce? Game changer.

JohnMcM
31-01-2022, 09:11 AM
Two bags of giant Wotsits, 2 Pink Lady Apples, 2 sweet and juicy easy peel oranges, 2 bottles of Sainsbury’s sparkling strawberry and kiwi fruit water and the biggie,,,,,,, 1 bag of Jelly Snakes for emergency nervous chewing. No booze this year, chemo tomorrow morning 🤢 Hope I’m ok for the derby.👍

Mick O'Rourke
31-01-2022, 09:54 AM
Two bags of giant Wotsits, 2 Pink Lady Apples, 2 sweet and juicy easy peel oranges, 2 bottles of Sainsbury’s sparkling strawberry and kiwi fruit water and the biggie,,,,,,, 1 bag of Jelly Snakes for emergency nervous chewing. No booze this year, chemo tomorrow morning 🤢 Hope I’m ok for the derby.👍

Best wishes,John :aok:

Paloschi
31-01-2022, 10:06 AM
Don’t know why but there is certainly an Indian theme to my TDD.

Vegan tikka naan wrap with spiced mango pickle for lunch
Aloo Gobi with Basmati rice for dinner washed down with golden assam tea straight after

Snacks include: seabrook crinkle cut crisps, biscoff blondie, salted caramel chocolate pots and if emergency snacks are needed there are sensations nuts in the cupboard

JohnMcM
31-01-2022, 10:09 AM
Best wishes,John :aok:

That’s kind of you. Thank you.:aok:

Hibbyradge
31-01-2022, 10:11 AM
It's outstanding – a thorough modernisation of the TDD experience.

Too woke for me.

Oscar T Grouch
31-01-2022, 10:13 AM
Working til 5pm tonight, home via Tesco express on Great Junction Street. Multipack of wotsits or other corn based finger licking snacks (GJS Tesco seems to have stock issues so sometimes need to take what they have), some fizzy flavoured water and a few selections from chocolate section. Punnet of grapes to be healthy. Guessing there won't be too much action tonight for Hibs but being prepared snack wise is important on these occasions. Will have SSN on the 2nd monitor with .net and other entertainment open on my main monitor. Disappointed I don't have the day off, but will make the most of this evening. :flag:

WhileTheChief..
31-01-2022, 10:24 AM
Too woke for me.

A few years back we read on here of folk eating chippies at lunchtime, drinking litres of Irn Bru and smoking 2 packets of fags.

Now it will all be avocado on toast, oat milk and vaping!

AugustaHibs
31-01-2022, 10:40 AM
No Nachos in Margiottas had to settle for Quinola chips to go with my sour cream and chive dip.

Paying it off monthly?

JimBHibees
31-01-2022, 10:40 AM
Dont get them gigs in a Job Centre window.

:greengrin

Hibbyradge
31-01-2022, 10:47 AM
A few years back we read on here of folk eating chippies at lunchtime, drinking litres of Irn Bru and smoking 2 packets of fags.

Now it will all be avocado on toast, oat milk and vaping!

Lefty pinko sheite.

Vault Boy
31-01-2022, 10:50 AM
Morning meetings wrapped, Special K scranned, sizeable Morrison's order en route. HWFG.

Dalianwanda
31-01-2022, 11:05 AM

😅 if only that was every day…30min workday only gets 30mins pay so there’s that to take into consideration. Longer days later in the week to keep me in pakoras and pub lunches.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2022, 11:12 AM
Tapas in a beach side restaurant. 😁

jacomo
31-01-2022, 11:25 AM
Tapas in a beach side restaurant. 😁

They’ve got it all in Blackpool these days!

jacomo
31-01-2022, 11:26 AM
Lefty pinko sheite.

Mon the avos n oats!

silverhibee
31-01-2022, 11:32 AM
FFS, just got this in a Jiffy bag.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61HChb+apLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Hibbyradge
31-01-2022, 11:34 AM
Mon the avos n oats!

Pah!

If it's not constipation inducing, it's no use to me.

Mon the chips.

Hermit Crab
31-01-2022, 11:39 AM
- KP Nuts, dry roasted, salt and vinegar and roasted salted cashew nuts.

- Lentil chips, salt and vinegar

- Multi pack of snack a jacks sour cream and onion

- Multi pack of balsamic vinegar pea snacks from Aldi

- 15 eggs for a giant omelette or scrambled eggs later

- A fridge full of diet juice, diet irn-bru, diet coke and cherry pepsi max

- No sweets or biscuits, quit eating that suff back in 2020, don't even take sugar in my tea or coffee now.

JimBHibees
31-01-2022, 11:42 AM
😅 if only that was every day…30min workday only gets 30mins pay so there’s that to take into consideration. Longer days later in the week to keep me in pakoras and pub lunches.

Sounds good

leith lynx
31-01-2022, 11:43 AM
Don’t know why but there is certainly an Indian theme to my TDD.

Vegan tikka naan wrap with spiced mango pickle for lunch
Aloo Gobi with Basmati rice for dinner washed down with golden assam tea straight after

Snacks include: seabrook crinkle cut crisps, biscoff blondie, salted caramel chocolate pots and if emergency snacks are needed there are sensations nuts in the cupboard

Hopefully you have Dyno-rod on standby 😬

Hibbyradge
31-01-2022, 11:44 AM
Cinnamon bagel with cream cheese for lunch.

Chicken jambalaya for tea and a couple of cans of Punk AF to wash it down.

The 90+2
31-01-2022, 11:54 AM
Spicy Macaroni pies is now for lunch. Never seen them before :greengrin

Hot Buffalo wings to go with the curry tonight now.

SaulGoodman
31-01-2022, 12:16 PM
Sausage bean and cheese melt, two sausage rolls and a tea. Stick your healthy food up your arse

Edit: nae crisps

flash
31-01-2022, 12:17 PM

All the best mate. Hope you make it to the match.

Hermit Crab
31-01-2022, 12:18 PM
Sausage bean and cheese melt, two sausage rolls and a tea. Stick your healthy food up your arse

Edit: nae crisps

Just crispy pastry instead. :greengrin

Keith_M
31-01-2022, 12:19 PM
Got the granddaughter all day and I'm usually dosing on the couch by 9pm knackered, hopefully a strong midfielder and an out of the blue loan/signing.

To watch the granddaughter for you?

Hibbyradge
31-01-2022, 12:28 PM
Scratch the bagel.

Scrambled eggs on toast coming up instead.

Hermit Crab
31-01-2022, 12:31 PM
Scratch the bagel.

Scrambled eggs on toast coming up instead.

Add beans (before you put the eggs on) and you've got a winner.

GreenCastle
31-01-2022, 12:33 PM
Is a Jaffa Cake a biscuit or a cake?

Vault Boy
31-01-2022, 12:36 PM

Yes

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2022, 12:39 PM
Yes

The correct answer.

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2022, 12:40 PM
Just had some homemade lentil soup, some Tesco sea salt crackers and a couple of slices of M&S wafer thin ham - comes in at about 400 calories.

No crisps or chocolate for me.

Dalianwanda
31-01-2022, 12:41 PM

Mcvities won their case where Jaffa Cakes were finally recognised as chocolate covered cakes. Now the £1.19billion Jaffa Cakes made every year are free of the consumer tax which would have been required if deemed a biscuit

SaulGoodman
31-01-2022, 12:53 PM
Just crispy pastry instead. :greengrin

Very true 😂

Keith_M
31-01-2022, 12:54 PM
Mcvities won their case where Jaffa Cakes were finally recognised as chocolate covered cakes. Now the £1.19billion Jaffa Cakes made every year are free of the consumer tax which would have been required if deemed a biscuit

Can I avoid paying income tax if I prove I'm not a biscuit?

:dunno:

SaulGoodman
31-01-2022, 12:58 PM

Do you go soft or hard when left outside?

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2022, 12:59 PM
They’ve got it all in Blackpool these days!
:faf:

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2022, 01:00 PM

I think you just say you’re Keith M the personality and not Keith M the person - should save you a few bob.

Hermit Crab
31-01-2022, 01:04 PM

Just identify as a sponge.

sleeping giant
31-01-2022, 01:17 PM
Just made bacon sandwiches. Now trying to see through the bacon fog thats filled my house.

JohnMcM
31-01-2022, 01:23 PM
All the best mate. Hope you make it to the match.

Thanks. Appreciate the thought. :aok:

Dalianwanda
31-01-2022, 01:28 PM

you may have a job on your hands 😅

The 90+2
31-01-2022, 01:37 PM
Just identify as a sponge.
x

:faf::faf::faf:

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2022, 01:44 PM
Just made bacon sandwiches. Now trying to see through the bacon fog thats filled my house.

I kicked off the day with black pudding and bacon sandwiches with loads of brown sauce.

Scorrie
31-01-2022, 02:00 PM

I tried that but I was crackers

Dalianwanda
31-01-2022, 02:00 PM
meditation class..1 veggie burger, chips and onion rings..4 pints of guinness..off to bed will see who’s joined us when i wake up

Tambo
31-01-2022, 02:25 PM
Was either top my phone up to keep an eye on transfers at work or a day pass for the game tomorrow.

Glad I made the right choice.

hibbie02
31-01-2022, 02:30 PM
I’m air frying home made haggis balls and serving with chimmichurri, picked onions and brown sauce.

During the evening I’ll be snacking on Walkers Max Strength Jalapeño and cheese crisps and a party pack of Bombay Mix (can I still have that or is it cultured appropriation?). All washed down with a four pack of Stella, a cheeky wee Malbec and a bottle of Gaviscon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hibbyradge
31-01-2022, 02:32 PM
I’m air frying home made haggis balls and serving with chimmichurri, picked onions a green brown sauce.

During the evening I’ll be snacking on Walkers Max Strength Jalapeño and cheese crisps and a party pack of Bombay Mix (can I still have that or is it cultured appropriation?). All washed down with a four pack of Stella, a cheeky wee Malbec and a bottle of Gaviscon.

Green brown sauce?

J-C
31-01-2022, 02:34 PM
Just had some homemade lentil soup, some Tesco sea salt crackers and a couple of slices of M&S wafer thin ham - comes in at about 400 calories.

That sounds far too sensible, this is a day to fill the gut with crap.😁

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2022, 02:41 PM
That sounds far too sensible, this is a day to fill the gut with crap.😁

Unfortunately I had too many TDD days during the year so having to be sensible :greengrin

Bostonhibby
31-01-2022, 02:43 PM
Just identify as a sponge.[emoji23][emoji23]

Made my day, even funnier than trying to sign Barker

hibbie02
31-01-2022, 02:50 PM
Green brown sauce?

No idea what happened there…. I’d like to blame predictive text but….

HibbyAndy
31-01-2022, 02:51 PM
Baguette baked in the air fryer with Egg mayo for topping and 2 packets of wheat crunchies bacon flavor

WhileTheChief..
31-01-2022, 03:06 PM
I kicked off the day with black pudding and bacon sandwiches with loads of brown sauce.

Proper food, well done :top marks

I mean, cinnamon bagels ffs, who east that kinda crap?

WhileTheChief..
31-01-2022, 03:08 PM

Other than the lentils, what else are you making the soup with?

I've tried using onion, carrot, leak and sometimes ham. Can't quite get it right though.

Greencore
31-01-2022, 03:10 PM
Baguette baked in the air fryer with Egg mayo for topping and 2 packets of wheat crunchies bacon flavor

Can mayo be made with anything else?

Greenbeard
31-01-2022, 03:11 PM
Today's plat du jour chez moi - spread throughout the day.
To start: Terrine de Optimism with a garnish of Hope salad.
Main: Ultra slow cooked casserole of leftovers. Served with dread and utter despair.
Dessert: Plum duff with Barker on the side.

SaulGoodman
31-01-2022, 03:16 PM
meditation class..1 veggie burger, chips and onion rings..4 pints of guinness..off to bed will see who’s joined us when i wake up

I can’t handle my drink, I’ve often woke up to see who’s joined me in bed too after 4 pints.

Tambo
31-01-2022, 03:26 PM
I can’t handle my drink, I’ve often woke up to see who’s joined me in bed too after 4 pints.

Saul you not noticed any planes coming into Edinburgh yet?

HibbyAndy
31-01-2022, 03:36 PM

I've tried using onion, carrot, leak and sometimes ham. Can't quite get it right though.

Ditch the Leek and lob in a turnip

SaulGoodman
31-01-2022, 03:42 PM
Saul you not noticed any planes coming into Edinburgh yet?

Unfortunately from the sounds of things we won’t be getting an exciting exotic signing in via plane 🤣

Maybe someone can track Brandon Barkers taxi from Ibrox?

Hermit Crab
31-01-2022, 03:45 PM
Proper food, well done :top marks

I mean, cinnamon bagels ffs, who east that kinda crap?

Spurs fans? :dunno:

SteveHFC
31-01-2022, 04:03 PM
https://c.tenor.com/uyeLKxEDK8wAAAAM/what-confused.gif

So we haven't signed anyone yet.

HoboHarry
31-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Unfortunately from the sounds of things we won’t be getting an exciting exotic signing in via plane 🤣

Maybe someone can track Brandon Barkers taxi from Ibrox?
It'll be easy to spot, it will be limping along......

lyonhibs
31-01-2022, 05:19 PM
In a sign of the times, I'm watching the Gruffalo with an excitable toddler for the 37th night in a row and can only focus on the real business of the day once he's asleep.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2022, 05:23 PM
Coffee x 5
Bowl of Shreddies
Yoghurts x 2
Sandwiches x 2
Chocolate Bar x 2
Crisps x 2
Bag of peanuts
Protein/Creatine shake
Coca Cola 330ml
Water x 1 litre

Lack of signings = 20 deck of smokes.

Now, time to choose dinner.

The_Exile
31-01-2022, 05:36 PM
Coffee x 5
Bowl of Shreddies
Yoghurts x 2
Sandwiches x 2
Chocolate Bar x 2
Crisps x 2
Bag of peanuts
Protein/Creatine shake
Coca Cola 330ml
Water x 1 litre

Lack of signings = 20 deck of smokes.

Now, time to choose dinner.

Pretty good TDD consumption there, although the yoghurts sound almost healthy. I'm on the fish finger sandwiches and beer now awaiting another stellar signing for the development team.

Babyshamble
31-01-2022, 05:37 PM
12 cans of thatchers cloudy cider,a multi pack of red Leicester mini cheddars,.all that's missing is Natalie Sawyer on sky sports news ...

heidtheba
31-01-2022, 05:38 PM
Given the fact I'm a/ a rubbish Hibs fan, b/.net hasn't been cheery of late and c/I'm in the Hibs Fit Fans thing tomorrow night...I forgot to come on here to find out what succulent delictations everyone was consuming. My consumption for tonight is pitiful. Chicken and rice soup, followed by a dessert of Water Melon. I've had half a protein shake today, two snackajack salt and vinegar circly things, three Rich Tea biscuits. At about 4pm Mrs Me felt sorry for me and let me have two of her Tim Tams. That's not a euphamism. They are New Zealand chocolates par excellence. Think 'Penguin' biscuit but much, MUCH better.

Hermit Crab
31-01-2022, 05:39 PM
Just scoffed 8 eggs - scrambled in tortilla wraps with a plate of fried (in olive oil) red onions with steak seasoning and crushed chilies. Fanta zero chaser.

Callum_62
31-01-2022, 05:42 PM
I'm surviving purely on the tears from the transfer thread

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Callum_62
31-01-2022, 05:42 PM
Given the fact I'm a/ a rubbish Hibs fan, b/.net hasn't been cheery of late and c/I'm in the Hibs Fit Fans thing tomorrow night...I forgot to come on here to find out what succulent delictations everyone was consuming. My consumption for tonight is pitiful. Chicken and rice soup, followed by a dessert of Water Melon. I've had half a protein shake today, two snackajack salt and vinegar circly things, three Rich Tea biscuits. At about 4pm Mrs Me felt sorry for me and let me have two of her Tim Tams. That's not a euphamism. They are New Zealand chocolates par excellence. Think 'Penguin' biscuit but much, MUCH better.Gotta love Tim Tams!

heidtheba
31-01-2022, 05:47 PM
Gotta love Tim Tams!

Chewy Caramel or Double Choc? Just. Incredible. I'd also eat my own body weight in Whittaker's Peanut Slabs. The Coconut Slabs are top too.

But, I draw the line at Pineapple lumps. That's a shame really as I got Mrs Me a shed load of Kiwi sweeties for her Christmas and there's about three bags of these.

Callum_62
31-01-2022, 05:50 PM
Chewy Caramel or Double Choc? Just. Incredible. I'd also eat my own body weight in Whittaker's Peanut Slabs. The Coconut Slabs are top too.

But, I draw the line at Pineapple lumps. That's a shame really as I got Mrs Me a shed load of Kiwi sweeties for her Christmas and there's about three bags of these.Peanut slabs were my go to when I was in auckland

Tim Tams original dipped in tea!

Wee choco fish if I'm feeling naughty [emoji23]

heidtheba
31-01-2022, 05:55 PM
Peanut slabs were my go to when I was in auckland

Tim Tams original dipped in tea!

Wee choco fish if I'm feeling naughty [emoji23]

Did choco fish have marshmallow on the inside? Mrs Me now making out like I probably should have got a sack of that for her Xmas too...

pollution
31-01-2022, 05:59 PM

Roughly chop an onion and fry in oil with a touch of butter until limp.

Pour in the lentils and fry quickly for a minute and then add water and a chicken stock cube, Kaloo is best.

Season at the end, about 20 minutes. That's it.

Bridge hibs
31-01-2022, 06:02 PM
Im not getting this transfer window thing, cock up with the shopping has left me with a pack of Ryvita, a tin of Chum and a box of Doggo dug biscuits

****ing woof !! 😳

Hibbyradge
31-01-2022, 06:03 PM
Roughly chop an onion and fry in oil with a touch of butter until limp.

Pour in the lentils and fry quickly for a minute and then add water and a chicken stock cube, Kaloo is best.

Season at the end, about 20 minutes. That's it.

How much stock?

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2022, 06:13 PM
Given the fact I'm a/ a rubbish Hibs fan, b/.net hasn't been cheery of late and c/I'm in the Hibs Fit Fans thing tomorrow night...I forgot to come on here to find out what succulent delictations everyone was consuming. My consumption for tonight is pitiful. Chicken and rice soup, followed by a dessert of Water Melon. I've had half a protein shake today, two snackajack salt and vinegar circly things, three Rich Tea biscuits. At about 4pm Mrs Me felt sorry for me and let me have two of her Tim Tams. That's not a euphamism. They are New Zealand chocolates par excellence. Think 'Penguin' biscuit but much, MUCH better.

Tim Tams are great, but they're Australian. Not going to accept food misinformation on this thread.

Tambo
31-01-2022, 06:16 PM
Always good to have a look in the morning for us folk who will probably be asleep come midnight.

Callum_62
31-01-2022, 06:17 PM
Did choco fish have marshmallow on the inside? Mrs Me now making out like I probably should have got a sack of that for her Xmas too...Yep, marshmallow on the inside

Whittakers peanut butter chocolate bar next level too

heidtheba
31-01-2022, 06:18 PM
Tim Tams are great, but they're Australian. Not going to accept food misinformation on this thread.

A robust inquiry has just taken place in my house and I'm reeling with the shock. Brownie points lost by my better half.

heidtheba
31-01-2022, 06:39 PM
Yep, marshmallow on the inside

Oooft. That's special. We get ours on SANZA.co.uk You can get Tim Tams on Amazon, but they're about 7 quid a packet...

scm70nyd1973
31-01-2022, 06:43 PM
Yep, marshmallow on the inside

Whittakers chocolate - now your talking - brought several bars back to Scotland in our container from Auckland- plus several cans of Deep Creek Hazy Pale Ale - journey wasn’t kind to the choc bars - fechin devastated I was - no tim tams though 😁

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2022, 07:02 PM
Two steak pies, mash potato, broccoli, carrot and cauliflower, drenched in gravy. I think I’m tumescent.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2022, 07:05 PM
Dharmesh is now on SSN. Brilliant. That’s my night ruined. And as I type
that I’ve just noticed his equally annoying mucker (Kaveh I think) is sat beside him. Couple of ill-informed gimps. Bob Marley’s Dug in a suit essentially.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2022, 07:06 PM
These two bell-ends would be terrible at speed-dating.

“Arsenal…are…backing…their…manager”. Fud.

Vault Boy
31-01-2022, 07:09 PM
Have Sky Sports News had their budget cut by 90% or something?

GreenCastle
31-01-2022, 07:13 PM

Stopped watching it earlier when Paul Merson was on - spoke absolute nonsense.

31-01-2022, 07:22 PM
Not entirely sure there aren't a few exaggerated claims amongst them......

Nik Naks multipack (give a dog a bone)

Asda classic dip selection - cheese & chive, onion & garlic, thousand island and sour cream & chive

Looking forward to the will they/won't they situation with St Mirren selling (or not) Jamie McGrath to anyone. And if we don't get him but Goodwin still wants Gogic, how much will we want for him?

Here's hoping we get at least one more player in with the Boyle money.

https://i.ibb.co/PF1fvHp/download.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)
https://i.ibb.co/q9qmG3j/61-NXFLxj4-SL-1024x1024.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)
https://i.ibb.co/ZW0Dgnx/776888.png (https://imgbb.com/)

Proof enough? 😀

Iggy Pope
31-01-2022, 07:27 PM

That pillock in the middle. Such authoritative emphasis on codswallop. Seems to ask himself questions and answers them with more questions. He’s the Charlie Nicholas of transfer business.

Hiber-nation
31-01-2022, 07:37 PM

It's tragically bad now. Used to have it on routinely when there was nothing else on, wouldn't think of watching it now though. Brutal.

Keith_M
31-01-2022, 07:46 PM
you may have a job on your hands 😅

At least I'm not a Jammy Dodger.

:wink:

lyonhibs
31-01-2022, 07:49 PM
Swiss chocolate, shortbread and 2 corner shop beers acquired to sustain me for the home straight.

Vault Boy
31-01-2022, 08:03 PM
As if things couldn't get worse, suddenly, Kris Boyd.

xyz23jc
31-01-2022, 08:08 PM
As if things couldn't get worse, suddenly, Kris Boyd.

Jesus is weeping deeply! :greengrin:shocked:

One Day Soon
31-01-2022, 08:21 PM
Ahem...

Northernhibee
31-01-2022, 08:23 PM
Forgot that I usually update the scran I've made on these days. It's a meat free day, so for tea I made a burnt aubergine curry with a home made flatbread and grilled broccoli. Pudding was lemon meringue pie (Mary Berry's cheats recipe).

Now got a pack of prawn cocktail crisps.

Northernhibee
31-01-2022, 08:33 PM
In something that's providing more entertainment than this actual deadline day, the dog's just dragged her bedding through to the living room and is now in the process of dry humping it quite vigorously.

More worryingly she thrashed it about in her mouth as if she were killing a rabbit, so considering her M.O. is to kill it and then hump it I don't think I can sleep again in my life.

pollution
31-01-2022, 08:58 PM
How much stock?

One cube with approximately 1.5 litres of water ,
every time can vary as I sometimes add leftover ham. I use ground pepper but no salt.
I'm making it as I type !

Radium
31-01-2022, 09:02 PM
Have now resorted to Rocky Horror Picture Show on Amazon Prime…

… Tim Curry just coming down in the lift…

… anticipation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
31-01-2022, 09:07 PM
Jack Reacher on ITV4 now, while pissing folk off on this. :greengrin

One Day Soon
31-01-2022, 09:09 PM
Your honour, before sentencing commences I feel I need to unburden myself to the court and also request that a range of other offences be taken into account.

This morning for breakfast I had...porridge. I ate this knowingly and with calculated malice aforethought. At lunchtime I had Stilton cheese with oat biscuits. I have consumed no chocolate, no biscuits, no fizzy drinks and no other forms of confectionery. For dinner I ate a baked potato with more cheese and a substantial amount of 'next level' chilli. It is almost certain that as soon as I leave this place I will seek out fruit regardless of the financial and reputational cost to myself.

I didn't ask to be this way. Am I becoming a mental glutton locked inside an increasingly healthy person's body?

Having said that I would like, in a plea of mitigation, to draw your attention to the truly vast amounts of chocolate I have been scranning on a consistent basis ever since Christmas. We are talking multi-packs of Walnut Whips, full size Toblerones (I don't get out of bed for anything smaller) and a rolling kaleidoscope of family or 'sharing' sized bags of Revels, Maltesers and Galaxy Counters. What kind of sick marketing ouanquere calls these bags 'sharing' bags? No ****er I know EVER shares them, certainly not willingly. Oh and the cognac. I got two bottles of very, very nice cognac for Christmas and I've ar5ed those too.

So in a reverse of the conventional wisdom which tends to go something like 'Sure he's good, but can he do it on a cold Tuesday night in Brechin?' I'm taking a different position. Have I let myself down on TDD? Yes. Should I regret that? Yes. Did I order that Code Red? Perhaps. But while I haven't delivered on this particular cold Tuesday night in Brechin let me reassure you that I'm out there most other days and nights of the year putting in the hard calorific and artery-hardening yards. Ladies and gentlemen, while some are delivering that Stokesy cup final performance, I am quietly, consistently, selflessly Lewis Stephensoning my way through an entire confectionery season. And deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that confectionery aisle -- you need me on that confectionery aisle. We use words like "multi-pack," "two for a pound," "3 for 2." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent eating something. Visitors to this annual thread use them as a punch line.

What does this all mean? I don't know, I'm no Sartre, Descartes or Jocky Wilson. Perhaps, like Hibs, I have lost my way while pursuing the impossible dream. I'd like to be the Sauzee of calorie consumption but instead perhaps I'm evolving into more of a Jarko Wisspa type figure. I should invest in a large amount of TDD snacks and beverages but rather than shelling out to put the quality on the snack park where it needs to be I'll probably elect for infrastructure investment instead. Desperate for a cheeseboard, goes and buys a fondue set instead kind of thing. This time next week Mrs One Day Soon, Student One Day Soon and Mini-Me One Day Soon will probably be wondering why I've slumped into a catatonic state of even tempered, stable blood-sugared affability and relative calmness.

I'll tell you what. That Canute Johnson looks like he may (deservedly) be launched sooner or later for transgressions of a cake-related nature. Can you imagine the shenanigans if any one of us TDD thread creatures had been involved. I'm thinking Crocodile Dundee stylee statements of a 'That's not a cake, THIS is a cake' nature. Phwarquing amateurs. Very ancient film history there I know, you'll have to forgive me I'm still spiralling around that Twitter meme of the past week that requires you to say something young people won't understand.

Have we signed anyone yet?

That's it, that's the post. Still got it. **** me I could go an orange...

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2022, 09:12 PM
😂😂😂😂😂

majorhibs
31-01-2022, 09:29 PM
Respect, One Day! Turnin in after too many Windhock’s. Later here in Namibia.

Northernhibee
31-01-2022, 09:39 PM
Dog just tried to hump my leg now. Got told where to go and is now asleep on the bedding she also tried to hump a little earlier.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-01-2022, 10:42 PM
Dog just tried to hump my leg now. Got told where to go and is now asleep on the bedding she also tried to hump a little earlier.

well that not what I expected to read an update on but breaks up the good updates :)

Hermit Crab
31-01-2022, 10:44 PM

Outside! Now! :greengrin

Keepthefaith
31-01-2022, 10:48 PM

I so read that as doig until I came to the she bit! Been thinking about Hibs too much tonight! 😂

Carheenlea
31-01-2022, 10:54 PM
Just scoffed 8 eggs - scrambled in tortilla wraps with a plate of fried (in olive oil) red onions with steak seasoning and crushed chilies. Fanta zero chaser.

https://i.postimg.cc/0jv48FQK/5-A43-A242-D141-4911-8-F75-0-B182-D70-D3-E4.png (https://postimages.org/)

Northernhibee
01-02-2022, 07:48 AM
well that not what I expected to read an update on but breaks up the good updates :)

I got about four hours sleep last night as she sauntered through to the bedroom, caught her own reflection in the mirror and then sat by the bed and growled at her own reflection to try and guard my partner and myself. For two hours.