PDA

View Full Version : Mason Greenwood - S/A Allegations

HibsGW
30-01-2022, 08:06 AM
Some pretty serious allegations coming out about him at the moment on twitter.

https://twitter.com/erlingtxt/status/1487686418285555713?s=21

Allant1981
30-01-2022, 08:08 AM
Just seen it now, if what his girlfriend is posting is true then i hope he gets the book thrown at him

Dazzjw1875
30-01-2022, 08:12 AM
Should be sacked by Man Utd straight away if true. Cannot defend that.

MWHIBBIES
30-01-2022, 08:15 AM
Lengthy jail sentence in store for him. Well done to her for posting this stuff. She is about to have a very difficult time, as if she hasnt already.

Callum_62
30-01-2022, 08:18 AM
Lengthy jail sentence in store for him. Well done to her for posting this stuff. She is about to have a very difficult time, as if she hasnt already.Isnt it crazy how folk will defend the indefensible when someone is a public figure / good at kicking a ball around

Twitters full of it already

"I asked you politely and you wouldn't do, what else do you expect me to do? "

[emoji15]
Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

hibbysam
30-01-2022, 08:24 AM
Lengthy jail sentence in store for him. Well done to her for posting this stuff. She is about to have a very difficult time, as if she hasnt already.

Id like to hope so but in reality, I don’t hold much confidence in the justice system doing it’s job - if true obviously. Say it time and time again, some despicable characters play football.

MWHIBBIES
30-01-2022, 08:29 AM
Id like to hope so but in reality, I don’t hold much confidence in the justice system doing it’s job - if true obviously. Say it time and time again, some despicable characters play football.

Yeah, the rich man likely gets off with this despite overwhelming evidence.

The dalmeny
30-01-2022, 08:32 AM
Not for social media, she needs to go to the police

hibbysam
30-01-2022, 08:36 AM

Police and club are aware.

Hermit Crab
30-01-2022, 08:38 AM
https://twitter.com/NatiAFC/status/1487682936283574273?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1487682936283574273%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.followfollow.com%2Fforum %2Fthreads%2Fmason-greenwood-girlfriend-takes-to-social-media-accusing-him-of-domestic-abuse.192797%2F

Tobias Funke
30-01-2022, 08:42 AM
What a vile ****bag ****. 😡

mayo hibee
30-01-2022, 08:49 AM
Can't see a way out of this for him. Total ****bag and unemployable, certainly in the UK, after this.

Impossible for United to stand by him here, however much they might privately want this to go away. That's £100m of player value written off for them in a single Instagram post. But they absolutely have to sack him, he's probably looking at jail time.

Stokesy's on fire
30-01-2022, 08:49 AM
Im all for being fair and hearing both sides as the public often jump to conclusions and assume the worst but this doesnt look good for Greenwood. Utterly foolish of him and a sad one for her poor girl.

HibsIntl
30-01-2022, 09:42 AM
The fact there’s recordings of that means it’s happened before. Would like to think he’ll rot in jail for a few years.

Sean1875
30-01-2022, 09:43 AM
Guys finished. Utter prick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
30-01-2022, 09:45 AM
I doubt he’ll be seen on a football pitch again. Hats of to the bravery of the girl. Hopefully he gets a decent length of custodial sentence.

ekhibee
30-01-2022, 09:53 AM
There never has been and never will be an excuse for sexual assault, this guy has not only ruined his career, more importantly he's physically abused and humiliated a female, I totally agree he should be subject to a lengthy jail term. But unfortunately I also know that there will, somewhere along the line, be efforts made to brush it under the carpet. Just my opinion though.

sleeping giant
30-01-2022, 09:55 AM
Im all for being fair and hearing both sides as the public often jump to conclusions and assume the worst but this doesnt look good for Greenwood. Utterly foolish of him and a sad one for her poor girl.

It's a bit nore than foolish .

CropleyWasGod
30-01-2022, 09:56 AM
We should maybe have a trigger warning on the thread title.

JamesHFC
30-01-2022, 09:56 AM
For the girl to record it suggests that it’s happened before. Doubt we will see him play football anytime soon, hopefully the authorities take the correct action.

The 90+2
30-01-2022, 10:01 AM
100% will be swept under the carpet. Too much money involved.

MWHIBBIES
30-01-2022, 10:06 AM
https://twitter.com/Charlieszzz/status/1487738443245436933

Looks like Ole protected another rapist, like he did at Molde.

SeanWilson
30-01-2022, 10:08 AM
100% will be swept under the carpet. Too much money involved.

No danger. You can’t sweep that away.

Jones28
30-01-2022, 10:09 AM
That audio is harrowing

jacomo
30-01-2022, 10:11 AM

It certainly doesn’t look good at all, but he is entitled to a fair hearing.

Eyrie
30-01-2022, 10:12 AM
She needs to go to the police, not social media.

And he needs to be locked away for a long time.

Pretty Boy
30-01-2022, 10:15 AM
WTF is wrong with some people? Who thinks that kind of violence against and coercion of women is acceptable?

I was reading about Robinho the other day. Actually convicted of gang rape, fled Italy rather than serve his sentence and clubs in Brazil still wanted to sign him. The man tipped to be the next manager of their national team, and currently managing a top club team, is also a convicted rapist.

Being good at kicking a ball seems to have a really nasty few living in a bubble.

The Baldmans Comb
30-01-2022, 10:16 AM
Never heard of him or her but hopefully she went to the appropriate authorities backed up by her video and any other appropriate evidence and gets as far as way from the perpretator as possible.

Ozyhibby
30-01-2022, 10:16 AM
She needs to go to the police, not social media.

And he needs to be locked away for a long time.

I think she has done the right thing. Just going to the police would have tied this thing up for years while his expensive lawyers employed expensive PR people to make her look bad. This way, she gets it all out there from the off.

HendoDelivered
30-01-2022, 10:19 AM
Rat.

Will be joining Mendy at Prison FC soon.

hibbysam
30-01-2022, 10:21 AM
Remembering he was also one of the two who thought it would be a decent idea to bring girls back to his room while on England duty. Not a massive crime that but obviously not the brightest and thinks he’s well above his station.

WeeRussell
30-01-2022, 10:29 AM
Assuming it is indeed his voice in the recording:

I would think he ends up in serious bother for this and doesn’t play for United again.

However, the recording proves he’s a vile bully and a prick. It doesn’t necessarily prove he ended up forcing her to HAVE sex in the end. I can imagine some of the legal spin already.

Hopefully the lass, now shot of him, gets herself away from it all quickly and can move on with life (with a chunk of his money).

What an absolute d1ck (in the recording). Hopefully justice prevails.

EdinMike
30-01-2022, 10:30 AM
I think she’s actually gone the right route ? In making it a social media thing because now it will become more of a public outcry (as it well should) rather than privately going to the police and finding out in 18 months time. That’s hard to witness and I hope she’s ok.

hibbysam
30-01-2022, 10:31 AM
Assuming it is indeed his voice in the recording:

I would think he ends up in serious bother for this and doesn’t play for United again.

However, the recording proves he’s a vile bully and a prick. It doesn’t necessarily prove he ended up forcing her to HAVE sex in the end. I can imagine some of the legal spin already.

Hopefully the lass, now shot of him, gets herself away from it all quickly and can move on with life (with a chunk of his money).

What an absolute d1ck (in the recording). Hopefully justice prevails.

There’s separate videos of her with her face burst open and legs and arms bruised all over.

WeeRussell
30-01-2022, 10:32 AM
I think she’s actually gone the right route ? In making it a social media thing because now it will become more of a public outcry (as it well should) rather than privately going to the police and finding out in 18 months time. That’s hard to witness and I hope she’s ok.

Yep - no hiding place for him. If he’s any defence for himself he’ll need to be quick about producing it.

Unfortunately also no hiding place for the girl now either. She might want to stay clear of social media, which will be hard given the circumstances!

WeeRussell
30-01-2022, 10:32 AM
There’s separate videos of her with her face burst open and legs and arms bruised all over.

Dear lord. Didn’t know that… Absolutely brutal.

mayo hibee
30-01-2022, 10:44 AM

I'd have done the exact same as she has to be honest. Absolutely zero faith in the police to appropriately deal with something like this, she'd be more likely to end up being accused of making it up than getting any justice.

Since90+2
30-01-2022, 10:47 AM
Does have the videos and pictures beint out in the public domain prejudice the trial in any way?

Bostonhibby
30-01-2022, 10:51 AM
WTF?

If that's Greenwood then as well as a decent jail stretch I hope he never finds a club to take him on and pay him again.

On the face of it poor girl can't be seen as anything other than a victim here.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

EdinMike
Does have the videos and pictures beint out in the public domain prejudice the trial in any way?

Good question, cause as someone who’s annoyingly done jury duty a couple of times you’re told to not take into account “outside influence” and only deem what you’ve heard in court. Which admittedly is hard to do.

Ozyhibby

Don’t think so.

Sir David Gray
30-01-2022, 10:52 AM
Assuming it's genuine (which it absolutely appears to be based on what I've seen/heard this morning) Greenwood should be in prison for a very long time and his career is finished.

Absolutely despicable behaviour, hope the girl's ok and gets any help she might need.

Ozyhibby
30-01-2022, 10:52 AM
Good question, cause as someone who’s annoyingly done jury duty a couple of times you’re told to not take into account “outside influence” and only deem what you’ve heard in court. Which admittedly is hard to do.

They will hear and see all that evidence though, so should be fine.

J-C
30-01-2022, 10:55 AM
Entitled young footballer with money, disgusting little rat thinks he can do as he pleases because of who he is, hope he goes down for a good few years.

EdinMike
30-01-2022, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;6837642] They will hear and see all that evidence though, so should be fine.

Yeh assuming it’s used as evidence, like I said I think it was the right way and hope he’s locked up for it.

CraigHibee
30-01-2022, 11:06 AM
It's beyond belief some folk on there are trying to defend him, disgusting

Brightside
30-01-2022, 11:09 AM
Put him away for a few years please.

Steven79
30-01-2022, 11:11 AM
It's beyond belief some folk on there are trying to defend him, disgusting

You should see what's on social media.

Some are accusing the woman of ruining his career...

:confused:

CraigHibee
30-01-2022, 11:27 AM
You should see what's on social media.

Some are accusing the woman of ruining his career...

:confused:

Unreal mate

Is It On....
30-01-2022, 11:28 AM
WTF is wrong with some people? Who thinks that kind of violence against and coercion of women is acceptable?

I was reading about Robinho the other day. Actually convicted of gang rape, fled Italy rather than serve his sentence and clubs in Brazil still wanted to sign him. The man tipped to be the next manager of their national team, and currently managing a top club team, is also a convicted rapist.

Being good at kicking a ball seems to have a really nasty few living in a bubble.

I read about that as well...utterly shocking and unbelievable.

The dalmeny
30-01-2022, 11:37 AM
6837627 (tel:6837627)[/URL]]I'd have done the exact same as she has to be honest. Absolutely zero faith in the police to appropriately deal with something like this, she'd be more likely to end up being accused of making it up than getting any justice.

I can see what you’re saying, I wonder what the end game is by putting this out on social media.

allowing for the pictures/audio is this a his word against hers scenario?

AliboyFC
30-01-2022, 11:38 AM
What a little rat if this is true. That's his career wasted. People dream about being a footballer and ***** like him throw it away because he's an entitled prick who thinks he can get away with domestic abuse.

The 90+2
30-01-2022, 12:06 PM
No danger. You can’t sweep that away.

Let's hope not. :aok:

hibsbollah
30-01-2022, 12:10 PM
Stomach churning stuff. The whole society needs to sort out educating young men about violence against women.

hibsbollah
30-01-2022, 12:12 PM
I can see what you’re saying, I wonder what the end game is by putting this out on social media.

allowing for the pictures/audio is this a his word against hers scenario?

Have a look at the conviction rates for crimes like this. If i was her i wouldnt trust the police to do the right thing either.

Ozyhibby
30-01-2022, 12:23 PM
Have a look at the conviction rates for crimes like this. If i was her i wouldnt trust the police to do the right thing either.

Absolutely. She has been very brave but it’s the right way to do it. Police can’t be trusted.

Sir David Gray
30-01-2022, 12:38 PM

I'm assuming you meant to say the amount of people who are charged with offences like this since convictions have nothing to do with the police?

hibsbollah
30-01-2022, 12:41 PM
I'm assuming you meant to say the amount of people who are charged with offences like this since convictions have nothing to do with the police?

Convictions do of course have something to do with the police, in terms of collecting evidence early enough, SOCOs etc. Im aware that the actual remit lies with the procurator fiscal or CPS in England. But don’t really want to take the thread down that rabbit hole.

The dalmeny
30-01-2022, 12:44 PM
Absolutely. She has been very brave but it’s the right way to do it. Police can’t be trusted.

so what do you do, leave it to the ‘mob’?

AgentDaleCooper
30-01-2022, 12:52 PM
she's potentially protecting her self by putting it on social media - obviously she'll get piles of abuse hurled at her, but now that it's in the open, greenwood really can't do anything to her.

The 90+2
30-01-2022, 12:53 PM
she's potentially protecting her self by putting it on social media - obviously she'll get piles of abuse hurled at her, but now that it's in the open, greenwood really can't do anything to her.

In doing so the chances of getting a criminal conviction disintegrates. Well done to her though for speaking up and out at it.

WeeRussell
30-01-2022, 12:55 PM
In doing so the chances of getting a criminal conviction disintegrates. Well done to her though for speaking up and out at it.

I’m not sure I does? Admittedly my knowledge of the legal system and processes are neat enough non-existent though.

Ozyhibby
30-01-2022, 12:58 PM

If that is him in that audio then if he’s not convicted, there will be outrage.

The 90+2
30-01-2022, 01:04 PM
If that is him in that audio then if he’s not convicted, there will be outrage.

And that sort of attitude is what the defense will play on. Hopefully it can be proven to be him though, if it is.

stoneyburn hibs
30-01-2022, 01:07 PM
Horrible,she has potentially saved her own life by sharing on social media.

BegbieHSC
30-01-2022, 01:08 PM
Huge credit to her for going public. Absolutely disgusting!

There shouldn’t be a question about whether he gets to pull on the Man Utd jersey again. The question is, how long does the ****bag belong in the jail for.

Allant1981
30-01-2022, 01:40 PM

It really wont, i was on jury duty for a well known case at the time and it had also been in the papers and news, made no difference to the case

Bostonhibby
30-01-2022, 01:54 PM
It really wont, i was on jury duty for a well known case at the time and it had also been in the papers and news, made no difference to the caseThe evidence is admissable in any criminal proceedings and it's up to the jury, guided by a judge on points of law, how they choose to interpret it.

I'd say if its him, or whoever it is they are toast, unless P C Plod finds a way to mishandle any investigation.

Keepthefaith
30-01-2022, 01:56 PM
Really positive how many men here are calling this for what it is. As someone who has worked in domestic abuse support, it's imperative that we as men challenge the views of other men who try and excuse or minimise the abuse she's experienced. Perpetrators of this kind of abuse can be rehabilitated but only if they fully acknowledge what they have done and seek support to address it. If we look at Ryan Giggs, he's denying everything when the evidence appears to be stacked against him. Be interesting to see greenwoods response.

Phil MaGlass
30-01-2022, 01:58 PM
The evidence is admissable in any criminal proceedings and it's up to the jury, guided by a judge on points of law, how they choose to interpret it.

I'd say if its him, or whoever it is they are toast, unless P C Plod finds a way to mishandle any investigation.

Just ask the MET to look into it, yi know, the same ones that are investigating johnson, move along please nothing to see here.

Bostonhibby
30-01-2022, 01:59 PM
Just ask the MET to look into it, yi know, the same ones that are investigating johnson, move along please nothing to see here.Couldn't find a hamster in a wheel..

JohnM1875
30-01-2022, 02:01 PM
What an absolute ****bag. Hopefully Man Utd bin him and he gets found guilty.

NAE NOOKIE
30-01-2022, 02:03 PM
Look at the f'ing state of her !!! I'm not a fan of trial by social media so everything has to be tempered by this guys right to a proper trial in a court room.

But if this turns out to be what it looks like he should never play professional football again, in fact why the hell would any right thinking person ever want to play alongside, or work in any job for that matter, beside somebody capable of doing that to a woman, who in their right mind would want to employ such a despicable prick?
I can honestly say that if a Hibs player was found guilty of anything like this and the club continued to employ and play him I would sever all ties with them until he was gone and the club had made a commitment to never repeat such an act.

JamesHFC
30-01-2022, 02:47 PM
Man Utd confirm he won’t train or play until further notice.

HoboHarry
30-01-2022, 03:00 PM
I seem to recall about a year ago mention made of him not playing as often as he should due to off field stuff. All coming out now I guess....

silverhibee
30-01-2022, 04:05 PM
Look at the f'ing state of her !!! I'm not a fan of trial by social media so everything has to be tempered by this guys right to a proper trial in a court room.

But if this turns out to be what it looks like he should never play professional football again, in fact why the hell would any right thinking person ever want to play alongside, or work in any job for that matter, beside somebody capable of doing that to a woman, who in their right mind would want to employ such a despicable prick?
I can honestly say that if a Hibs player was found guilty of anything like this and the club continued to employ and play him I would sever all ties with them until he was gone and the club had made a commitment to never repeat such an act.

The sad thing is that clubs will still look to sign him if he does go to jail, the worst case, different offences was the Plymouth Argyle goalkeeper killing two young children and leaving the Dad needing full time care because Luk McCormick decided to drive home drunk, seven years I think he got and when released PA took him back and even made him captain, he should never have been allowed to play football again.

HendoDelivered
30-01-2022, 04:10 PM
Arrested.

HoboHarry
30-01-2022, 04:10 PM
The sad thing is that clubs will still look to sign him if he does go to jail, the worst case, different offences was the Plymouth Argyle goalkeeper killing two young children and leaving the Dad needing full time care because Luk McCormick decided to drive home drunk, seven years I think he got and when released PA took him back and even made him captain, he should never have been allowed to play football again.
Marcos Alonso at Chelsea right now is another that was the driver in a wreck that involved high speed, alcohol and a death.....

Zazu62
30-01-2022, 04:12 PM
Anyone else think it’s weird that Pogba deliberately gets sent off against Liverpool then is ‘injured’ for the next 3 months?

Stokesy's on fire
30-01-2022, 04:14 PM
It's a bit nore than foolish .

Aye it is that.

Keith_M
30-01-2022, 04:22 PM
Apparently he's now been arrested by GMP

MWHIBBIES
30-01-2022, 04:27 PM
Anyone else think it’s weird that Pogba deliberately gets sent off against Liverpool then is ‘injured’ for the next 3 months?

Na, Pogba just cannot be arsed with United. I dont think there is anything more sinister than him wanting to leave and keep himself rested for next season at PSG/The WC.

LongJohnBanger
30-01-2022, 04:35 PM
Rat.

Dundee?

HibsIntl
30-01-2022, 04:40 PM
https://metro.co.uk/2022/01/30/mason-greenwood-domestic-abuse-allegations-harriet-robson-absolutely-devastated-after-phone-was-hacked-reveals-father-16015973/amp/

Absolutely staggering twist. The girls father comes out almost defending Greenwood. ****bag.

hibbysam
30-01-2022, 04:41 PM
https://metro.co.uk/2022/01/30/mason-greenwood-domestic-abuse-allegations-harriet-robson-absolutely-devastated-after-phone-was-hacked-reveals-father-16015973/amp/

Absolutely staggering twist. The girls father comes out almost defending Greenwood. ****bag.

Surely been passed a brown envelope for that. Incomprehensible.

LunasBoots
30-01-2022, 04:43 PM

Sounds like they'd rather sweep it under the carpet, the sad thing is there have been previous rumours around Greenwood.

theonlywayisup
30-01-2022, 04:43 PM
If true that he had done such a shocking act, then that'll be the end of what was looking like a promising football career. Although, from a football perspective, I did think he was in the Deli Ali mould of a promising youngster exposed to the fame and riches far too soon. It looks like it's not only on the pitch that all this fame went to head. If true, I hope he goes down for a long time.

HibsIntl
30-01-2022, 04:55 PM

If that’s the case then that poor girl. Attacked by her partner and her dads defending it to chase the money. The mind boggles

hibbysam
30-01-2022, 04:59 PM
If that’s the case then that poor girl. Attacked by her partner and her dads defending it to chase the money. The mind boggles

Thankfully it’s out in the open, too many occasions through fear it stays private and the perpetrator goes on to carry out multiple attacks on multiple people.

FitbaFolkKen
30-01-2022, 05:15 PM
I didn't read it as defending Greenwood. He will be in shock and as he said trying to come to terms with it. As opposed to sweeping it under the carpet I think he is just keen to protect his daughter and not have it played out in public. She'll be in bits and the last thing she will need is the media attention, although that is likely going to happen regardless.

HoboHarry
30-01-2022, 05:19 PM
I didn't read it as defending Greenwood. He will be in shock and as he said trying to come to terms with it. As opposed to sweeping it under the carpet I think he is just keen to protect his daughter and not have it played out in public. She'll be in bits and the last thing she will need is the media attention, although that is likely going to happen regardless.
That's how I read it too, not quite understanding the attack on her father. He sounded like a dad who was in shock to me.

mayo hibee
30-01-2022, 05:23 PM
I'd say the penny has dropped with her in terms of the financial implications of her action in publishing the Instagram story. It's appalling but I'd guess a lot of this stuff stays behind closed doors with footballers because of the money involved.

Stokesy's on fire
30-01-2022, 05:26 PM

This

HibsIntl
30-01-2022, 05:29 PM

Fair enough I might have taken it the wrong way. When I seen the picture of her covered in blood I wanted to attack Greenwood so I assumed her dad would be in fits of rage. His reaction in the article shocked me but I guess he must have a million thoughts going through his head

hibbysam
30-01-2022, 07:29 PM

There’s no chance her phone was hacked. She’s released it and rightly so. He’s going on about not wanting it out there and that they’ve known him for years etc. All irrelevant. Only thing he had to say was that it was despicable and he’ll do all he can to ensure justice for his daughter.

Ozyhibby
30-01-2022, 08:07 PM
I'd say the penny has dropped with her in terms of the financial implications of her action in publishing the Instagram story. It's appalling but I'd guess a lot of this stuff stays behind closed doors with footballers because of the money involved.

If he is found guilty, I’m sure a civil case may follow for damages.

Pagan Hibernia
30-01-2022, 08:28 PM
There’s no chance her phone was hacked. She’s released it and rightly so. He’s going on about not wanting it out there and that they’ve known him for years etc. All irrelevant. Only thing he had to say was that it was despicable and he’ll do all he can to ensure justice for his daughter.

most of us thankfully haven’t been in his position. I don’t know how I’d react if someone asked me for a quote the same day.

To me the comments sound like he’s all over the place and trying to make sense of it all

AugustaHibs
30-01-2022, 08:34 PM

What do you mean by this? Think I’m out of the loop

J-C
30-01-2022, 09:08 PM

And this has got what to do with Greenwood?

I'm Spartacus
30-01-2022, 10:03 PM

Read the same earlier but the point was made that if this has happened before she may have been terrified, taking this to the police may not have got the attention or protection she needs, she may have already taken it to the police right enough and they've laughed it off.

It also turns out the video and audio are from October 2021, which is strange. Hope she's not held onto this until things didn't work out.

Ozyhibby
30-01-2022, 10:05 PM
Read the same earlier but the point was made that if this has happened before she may have been terrified, taking this to the police may not have got the attention or protection she needs, she may have already taken it to the police right enough and they've laughed it off.

It also turns out the video and audio are from October 2021, which is strange. Hope she's not held onto this until things didn't work out.

Last paragraph is irrelevant.

I'm Spartacus
30-01-2022, 10:06 PM
Couldn't find a hamster in a wheel..

Hahaha bravo sir. Never heard this before but banking it :)

hibsbollah
30-01-2022, 10:08 PM
Hope she's not held onto this until things didn't work out.

What ‘things’ do you mean?

I'm Spartacus
30-01-2022, 10:19 PM
Last paragraph is irrelevant.

Aye it is totally.

I'm Spartacus
30-01-2022, 10:21 PM
What ‘things’ do you mean?

Just meant the 'relationship', it's irrelevant, he shouldn't have done what he done regardless of the date of the incident.

SlickShoes
30-01-2022, 10:22 PM
It often takes abuse victims years to come forward so it’s not out of the ordinary for someone to stay in an abusive relationship even have proof of that and not immediately leave.

Unseen work
30-01-2022, 10:26 PM
Really hope there’s enough evidence to convict him.

Absolute ****.

AgentDaleCooper
30-01-2022, 10:53 PM

It doesn't exactly sound like they were working out at the time of the recording.

Speculating about the victim's motives is pretty toxic IMO...but i guess this is the internet, so there's not much point in me saying that...

Unseen work
30-01-2022, 11:04 PM
Don’t think there is anything odd about the recordings, photos etc been recorded or taken months ago.

Victims of domestic abuse sometimes don’t come out at all and some that do take months or years before ending the relationship such as the hold the perpetrator has on them.

Domestic offenders are manipulative and scary scary individuals, it will have taken a huge amount of courage to actually do what she has done especially with his profile.

Tambo
31-01-2022, 07:05 AM
The Athletic say United haven’t officially suspended Greenwood.

And they’re expected to pay the 20-year-old his full salary, believed to be close to £100,000-a-week.

The publication notes that ‘nothing has emerged from United to suggest otherwise’.

The club are said to be wary of affecting any legal process at the current moment in time, instead allowing the authorities to do their job.

Aldo
31-01-2022, 08:12 AM
It often takes abuse victims years to come forward so it’s not out of the ordinary for someone to stay in an abusive relationship even have proof of that and not immediately leave.

This. This young girl from what I have read has been trapped in a coercive abusive relationship and has taken the decision to post items on social media. This for me is her cry for help!

It has taken her ages to build up the courage to do this so well done to her.

I have heard the audio and if this is what she has had to put up with/ endure during this relationship then MG will get what’s coming to him.

Disgusting disgraceful behaviour!

Keepthefaith
31-01-2022, 08:29 AM
Don’t think there is anything odd about the recordings, photos etc been recorded or taken months ago.

Victims of domestic abuse sometimes don’t come out at all and some that do take months or years before ending the relationship such as the hold the perpetrator has on them.

Domestic offenders are manipulative and scary scary individuals, it will have taken a huge amount of courage to actually do what she has done especially with his profile.

Well said!

lucky
31-01-2022, 09:00 AM
It horrific to read and see. MG is finished at big clubs across Europe

Pretty Boy
31-01-2022, 09:35 AM
The Athletic say United haven’t officially suspended Greenwood.

And they’re expected to pay the 20-year-old his full salary, believed to be close to £100,000-a-week.

The publication notes that ‘nothing has emerged from United to suggest otherwise’.

The club are said to be wary of affecting any legal process at the current moment in time, instead allowing the authorities to do their job.

As unpalatable as it is I don't think Man Utd have any choice but to keep paying his salary pending the outcome of any criminal proceedings. As soon as that process is complete and if he is found guilty I'd expect a dismissal for gross misconduct to follow almost immediately.

Obviously vastly different sums involved but we'd all be entitled to expect similar.

hibbysam
31-01-2022, 09:48 AM
As unpalatable as it is I don't think Man Utd have any choice but to keep paying his salary pending the outcome of any criminal proceedings. As soon as that process is complete and if he is found guilty I'd expect a dismissal for gross misconduct to follow almost immediately.

Obviously vastly different sums involved but we'd all be entitled to expect similar.
Was about to post similar. Although, rightly IMO, we all have him as guilty, his employer can’t take that stance legally.

CapitalGreen
31-01-2022, 09:54 AM

Everton suspended Sigurdsson straight away when he was arrested.

hibbysam
31-01-2022, 10:03 AM
Everton suspended Sigurdsson straight away when he was arrested.

Whether suspended or not, they’ll still receive full pay. He’s been told not to attend the training ground and won’t play, effectively suspended.

MKHIBEE
31-01-2022, 10:22 AM
Interesting article on the Greenwood case

https://theathletic.com/3101510/2022/01/31/manchester-uniteds-handling-of-greenwood-arrest-is-a-reminder-that-football-doesnt-care-about-women/ (https://theathletic.com/3101510/2022/01/31/manchester-uniteds-handling-of-greenwood-arrest-is-a-reminder-that-football-doesnt-care-about-women/)

JimBHibees
31-01-2022, 11:07 AM

Yep no point giving themselves another issue they dont need by stopping payment when he hasnt been charged never mind convicted

Since90+2
31-01-2022, 11:32 AM

Companies don't need to wait for the outcome of a criminal charges to invoke gross misconduct.

hibby rae
31-01-2022, 11:48 AM
Interesting article on the Greenwood case

https://theathletic.com/3101510/2022/01/31/manchester-uniteds-handling-of-greenwood-arrest-is-a-reminder-that-football-doesnt-care-about-women/ (https://theathletic.com/3101510/2022/01/31/manchester-uniteds-handling-of-greenwood-arrest-is-a-reminder-that-football-doesnt-care-about-women/)

Any chance of a copy and paste? I don't have a subscription

HoboHarry
31-01-2022, 11:54 AM
Companies don't need to wait for the outcome of a criminal charges to invoke gross misconduct.

Do all of those companies offer fixed term contracts?

Since90+2
31-01-2022, 12:21 PM
Do all of those companies offer fixed term contracts?

Sorry, I'm not following you?

easty
31-01-2022, 12:29 PM

Same, he's lost me too.

jacomo
31-01-2022, 12:46 PM

The point is, footballer contracts are very different to most employment contracts.

Scouse Hibee
31-01-2022, 12:51 PM
The point is, footballer contracts are very different to most employment contracts.

Employment law is the same though on a fixed term contract or not.

Since90+2
31-01-2022, 12:54 PM

Football club contracts don't supersede employment law. It makes no odds whether they are fixed term, on £100 a week or £100,000 a week, employment law is the same.

MKHIBEE
31-01-2022, 02:27 PM
Any chance of a copy and paste? I don't have a subscription

There you go

TWO YEARS AS A RED,” it screamed, the post on Sunday morning from Manchester United (https://theathletic.com/team/manchester-united/)’s Twitter account celebrating Bruno Fernandes’ (https://theathletic.com/player/premier-league/manchester-united/bruno-miguel-borges-fernandes/) anniversary at the club. “Big happy birthday wishes to Berba” followed an hour later to mark former United striker Dimitar Berbatov turning 41, before another Fernandes tribute post complete with the #MUFC hashtag later in the day.
Meanwhile, somewhere in Manchester, a woman is going through what we can only imagine is utter hell.
We won’t name her, because an alleged victim of sexual assault is entitled to anonymity whether graphic images and audio are posted on her Instagram account or she walks through the Trafford Centre naked with a loud speaker, but we must not forget her.
Football probably will, though. It usually does — or that’s how it feels. It’s there with a snazzy social media campaign to promote female inclusion or to bang the drum for the women’s game but when it comes to taking meaningful action there is too much left unsaid, too much inaction.
Women, as a result, are too often made to feel like afterthoughts and outsiders; the collateral damage in the rush to protect the prized darling (male) assets. This is about far more than Manchester United’s content team failing to read the room (the replies are quite something).
We saw it all over again on Sunday, the day United and England footballer Mason Greenwood (https://theathletic.com/player/premier-league/manchester-united/mason-greenwood/) was arrested on suspicion of rape and assault following allegations on social media.
At 3.59pm, some 10 hours after those harrowing photographs and audio recordings first emerged, United announced that Greenwood will not train or play for the club “until further notice”.
They stopped short of formally suspending him, though. And it is expected Greenwood will still be paid his salary of £100,000 per week. Nothing has emerged from United to suggest otherwise.
On what planet — apart from planet football — would this ever be thought to be OK? In which other walk of life, especially one that plays out in the public gaze, could you be accused of such heinous crimes and not be suspended during the inevitable investigation?
https://cdn.theathletic.com/app/uploads/2022/01/30171451/GettyImages-1337086614.jpg
Greenwood won’t play for United for the foreseeable but has not been suspended (Photo: Chris Brunskill/Fantasista/Getty Images)

United are understood to be wary of affecting any legal process but it is staggering that nobody at Old Trafford — or among the Glazer family — thought to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. How many women were involved in the process that resulted in a statement saying the club “do not condone violence of any kind” but stopping short of formally suspending Greenwood? Did anyone think how this might play out with female supporters around the world? Or what Manchester United Women might think? (They won 2-0 in the fourth round of the FA Cup against Bridgwater on Sunday, incidentally, which you might have missed because all the headlines were about Karna Solskjaer making her debut — AND SHE HAS A FAMOUS DAD!)
There is a 20-year-old male footballer under police investigation and United have shown where their allegiance lies. And it certainly does not feel like it is with any victim or the hundreds of thousands of women and girls who may have seen that harrowing social media content and thought: “Who the hell would I turn to if that was me?”
The tiptoeing, mild-mannered response provokes the same feeling as when Cristiano Ronaldo (https://theathletic.com/player/premier-league/manchester-united/cristiano-ronaldo-dos-santos-aveiro/) was being feted on his second United debut (https://theathletic.com/2820579/2021/09/12/ronaldos-first-week-back-speeches-to-team-mates-skipping-initiation-song-and-instant-impact-at-old-trafford/) as feminist campaign group Level Up flew a plane over Old Trafford pulling a banner that read “Believe Kathryn Mayorga”. Women were on the outside trying to “disrupt the fanfare and remind crowds of the unresolved allegations” against him. Mayorga says she was raped by Ronaldo in a Las Vegas hotel in 2009 (https://theathletic.com/2800154/2021/09/01/explained-allegations-cristiano-ronaldo/) but prosecutors closed the matter a year later because the case could not be “proven beyond reasonable doubt”. Ronaldo has always strongly denied any wrongdoing.
In the clamour to snatch Ronaldo from Manchester City (https://theathletic.com/team/manchester-city/)’s clutches last summer, not a word was uttered publicly by United about any of these allegations. Was this part of the due diligence in assessing whether 36-year-old Ronaldo could still cut it in the Premier League (https://theathletic.com/premier-league/)? To mention it in the media only invites a pile-on of abuse. So the show goes on.
Ryan Giggs was allowed to “mutually agree” with the Football Association of Wales to temporarily step down as manager of the national team after he was arrested on suspicion of assaulting his now ex-girlfriend, Kate Greville, in November 2020. He has been on leave ever since and is due to go on trial in August, having pleaded not guilty to all charges. The accusations against one of United’s most celebrated players were deemed serious enough to see Giggs left out of the Premier League’s Hall of Fame but he was still very welcome in the directors’ box at Old Trafford.
United are not alone, of course. There is a Premier League footballer who was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault last year who is the subject of intense transfer speculation as the January window closes. Benjamin Mendy played for Manchester City while under police investigation (https://theathletic.com/2794201/2021/08/30/why-did-manchester-city-let-benjamin-mendy-play-on/) for allegedly raping a woman at his house. He has since been charged with four counts of rape and a separate offence of sexual assault and will face trial later this year. He denies all the allegations.
Everton (https://theathletic.com/team/everton/) have been very much the exception, deciding to suspend a player — who has not been named — after he had been arrested because of an ongoing police investigation into child sex offences. That was a strong, swift and admirable decision and yet in football terms, it is an outlier. It is remarkable that such an apparently straightforward and sensible decision is far from commonplace.
Because, usually, it’s all about protecting No 1: the assets, the men who make the money. You nurture them, you promote them, then you clean up any mess or you swiftly move them on to make them someone else’s problem. This is how it works.
It’s not naive to wish it could be otherwise; that an industry so preoccupied with how it looks could stop for a second and think just how bad this looks. Perhaps it is naive to hope things will ever change, though; that this wonderful game we have up on a pedestal will ever be more than an industry.
Because that’s what it feels like — an economic activity, the processing of raw materials. No thought for the victims of these alleged crimes. And too many women on the outside looking in or, at worst, forgotten.

JamesHFC
31-01-2022, 05:29 PM
Nike have suspended their relationship with him.

JamesHFC
01-02-2022, 04:33 PM
Manchester United footballer Mason Greenwood has been further arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and threats to kill.

hibby rae
01-02-2022, 04:42 PM
There you go

TWO YEARS AS A RED,” it screamed, the post on Sunday morning from Manchester United (https://theathletic.com/team/manchester-united/)’s Twitter account celebrating Bruno Fernandes’ (https://theathletic.com/player/premier-league/manchester-united/bruno-miguel-borges-fernandes/) anniversary at the club. “Big happy birthday wishes to Berba” followed an hour later to mark former United striker Dimitar Berbatov turning 41, before another Fernandes tribute post complete with the #MUFC hashtag later in the day.
Meanwhile, somewhere in Manchester, a woman is going through what we can only imagine is utter hell.
We won’t name her, because an alleged victim of sexual assault is entitled to anonymity whether graphic images and audio are posted on her Instagram account or she walks through the Trafford Centre naked with a loud speaker, but we must not forget her.
Football probably will, though. It usually does — or that’s how it feels. It’s there with a snazzy social media campaign to promote female inclusion or to bang the drum for the women’s game but when it comes to taking meaningful action there is too much left unsaid, too much inaction.
Women, as a result, are too often made to feel like afterthoughts and outsiders; the collateral damage in the rush to protect the prized darling (male) assets. This is about far more than Manchester United’s content team failing to read the room (the replies are quite something).
We saw it all over again on Sunday, the day United and England footballer Mason Greenwood (https://theathletic.com/player/premier-league/manchester-united/mason-greenwood/) was arrested on suspicion of rape and assault following allegations on social media.
At 3.59pm, some 10 hours after those harrowing photographs and audio recordings first emerged, United announced that Greenwood will not train or play for the club “until further notice”.
They stopped short of formally suspending him, though. And it is expected Greenwood will still be paid his salary of £100,000 per week. Nothing has emerged from United to suggest otherwise.
On what planet — apart from planet football — would this ever be thought to be OK? In which other walk of life, especially one that plays out in the public gaze, could you be accused of such heinous crimes and not be suspended during the inevitable investigation?
https://cdn.theathletic.com/app/uploads/2022/01/30171451/GettyImages-1337086614.jpg
Greenwood won’t play for United for the foreseeable but has not been suspended (Photo: Chris Brunskill/Fantasista/Getty Images)

United are understood to be wary of affecting any legal process but it is staggering that nobody at Old Trafford — or among the Glazer family — thought to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. How many women were involved in the process that resulted in a statement saying the club “do not condone violence of any kind” but stopping short of formally suspending Greenwood? Did anyone think how this might play out with female supporters around the world? Or what Manchester United Women might think? (They won 2-0 in the fourth round of the FA Cup against Bridgwater on Sunday, incidentally, which you might have missed because all the headlines were about Karna Solskjaer making her debut — AND SHE HAS A FAMOUS DAD!)
There is a 20-year-old male footballer under police investigation and United have shown where their allegiance lies. And it certainly does not feel like it is with any victim or the hundreds of thousands of women and girls who may have seen that harrowing social media content and thought: “Who the hell would I turn to if that was me?”
The tiptoeing, mild-mannered response provokes the same feeling as when Cristiano Ronaldo (https://theathletic.com/player/premier-league/manchester-united/cristiano-ronaldo-dos-santos-aveiro/) was being feted on his second United debut (https://theathletic.com/2820579/2021/09/12/ronaldos-first-week-back-speeches-to-team-mates-skipping-initiation-song-and-instant-impact-at-old-trafford/) as feminist campaign group Level Up flew a plane over Old Trafford pulling a banner that read “Believe Kathryn Mayorga”. Women were on the outside trying to “disrupt the fanfare and remind crowds of the unresolved allegations” against him. Mayorga says she was raped by Ronaldo in a Las Vegas hotel in 2009 (https://theathletic.com/2800154/2021/09/01/explained-allegations-cristiano-ronaldo/) but prosecutors closed the matter a year later because the case could not be “proven beyond reasonable doubt”. Ronaldo has always strongly denied any wrongdoing.
In the clamour to snatch Ronaldo from Manchester City (https://theathletic.com/team/manchester-city/)’s clutches last summer, not a word was uttered publicly by United about any of these allegations. Was this part of the due diligence in assessing whether 36-year-old Ronaldo could still cut it in the Premier League (https://theathletic.com/premier-league/)? To mention it in the media only invites a pile-on of abuse. So the show goes on.
Ryan Giggs was allowed to “mutually agree” with the Football Association of Wales to temporarily step down as manager of the national team after he was arrested on suspicion of assaulting his now ex-girlfriend, Kate Greville, in November 2020. He has been on leave ever since and is due to go on trial in August, having pleaded not guilty to all charges. The accusations against one of United’s most celebrated players were deemed serious enough to see Giggs left out of the Premier League’s Hall of Fame but he was still very welcome in the directors’ box at Old Trafford.
United are not alone, of course. There is a Premier League footballer who was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault last year who is the subject of intense transfer speculation as the January window closes. Benjamin Mendy played for Manchester City while under police investigation (https://theathletic.com/2794201/2021/08/30/why-did-manchester-city-let-benjamin-mendy-play-on/) for allegedly raping a woman at his house. He has since been charged with four counts of rape and a separate offence of sexual assault and will face trial later this year. He denies all the allegations.
Everton (https://theathletic.com/team/everton/) have been very much the exception, deciding to suspend a player — who has not been named — after he had been arrested because of an ongoing police investigation into child sex offences. That was a strong, swift and admirable decision and yet in football terms, it is an outlier. It is remarkable that such an apparently straightforward and sensible decision is far from commonplace.
Because, usually, it’s all about protecting No 1: the assets, the men who make the money. You nurture them, you promote them, then you clean up any mess or you swiftly move them on to make them someone else’s problem. This is how it works.
It’s not naive to wish it could be otherwise; that an industry so preoccupied with how it looks could stop for a second and think just how bad this looks. Perhaps it is naive to hope things will ever change, though; that this wonderful game we have up on a pedestal will ever be more than an industry.
Because that’s what it feels like — an economic activity, the processing of raw materials. No thought for the victims of these alleged crimes. And too many women on the outside looking in or, at worst, forgotten.

Cheers for sharing. Really good article.

It amazes me the silence around Ronaldo, from so many quarters.

Hibernia&Alba
01-02-2022, 04:45 PM
Rat.

Put them in the same cell in Strangeways then brick up the door. If found guilty, Greenwood is looking at a long stretch. Mendy, well, who knows whether he would ever be released. Time will tell.

Keyser Sauzee
01-02-2022, 04:48 PM
With the privilege that comes with high level footballers I wouldn’t be surprised if this was just the tip of the iceberg

Callum_62
01-02-2022, 05:02 PM
Manchester United footballer Mason Greenwood has been further arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and threats to kill.What does further arrested even mean?

Hibernia&Alba
01-02-2022, 05:05 PM
What does further arrested even mean?

Must be new charges.

mutley
01-02-2022, 08:13 PM
What does further arrested even mean?

It means re -arrested on different charges than the what he was initially arrested for .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sir David Gray
02-02-2022, 10:02 AM
Released on bail.

Andymac85
02-02-2022, 01:47 PM
Without wanting to talk inappropriately about an ongoing legal investigation, does the fact he has been released on bail indicate the likelihood of charges actually being brought? Having seen the stuff online, I thought the charges would be pretty swift here.

cabbageandribs1875
15-10-2022, 04:10 PM
arrested again today for breaching bail conditions by trying to contact his alleged victim

Mason Greenwood 'arrested on suspicion of breaching bail conditions' | UK News | Sky News (https://news.sky.com/story/mason-greenwood-arrested-on-suspicion-of-breaching-bail-conditions-12720967)

Callum_62
15-10-2022, 04:14 PM
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-63272019?at_custom2=twitter&at_custom4=07A1013E-4CA0-11ED-80F6-7FD7923C408C&at_medium=custom7&at_custom3=%40BBCBreaking&at_campaign=64&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D

Hibernia&Alba
15-10-2022, 05:32 PM
arrested again today for breaching bail conditions by trying to contact his alleged victim

Mason Greenwood 'arrested on suspicion of breaching bail conditions' | UK News | Sky News (https://news.sky.com/story/mason-greenwood-arrested-on-suspicion-of-breaching-bail-conditions-12720967)

So will be that straight to jail then, yes?

Sir David Gray
15-10-2022, 05:33 PM
So will be that straight to jail then, yes?

You would certainly hope so.

He should be in prison for a very long time.

SMAXXA
15-10-2022, 10:21 PM
You would certainly hope so.

He should be in prison for a very long time.

What without a trial to determine his guilt? Couldn’t care less personally as long as justice is served but too often these days people are done by social media before being actually convicted.

JamesHFC
15-10-2022, 10:28 PM
Partey next.

jacomo
15-10-2022, 10:38 PM
What without a trial to determine his guilt? Couldn’t care less personally as long as justice is served but too often these days people are done by social media before being actually convicted.

Er, no. He breached his bail conditions.

That should mean he goes straight to jail, on remand, until his trial date.

Sir David Gray
15-10-2022, 10:48 PM

I'd say breaching bail conditions, particularly in a case such as this, is pretty serious and will be viewed as such by the courts.

neil7908
15-10-2022, 11:02 PM

Yeah, poor Mason, he's the real victim in all this...

And shockingly low conviction rate for rape and sexual assault is a much, much bigger issue than the handful of celebrities getting judged on social media.

cameronw-hfc
15-10-2022, 11:40 PM

He's already been charged for multiple different issues, not really a trial by media is it, and I know he's just been charged, not convicted by look at the charges, watch the video and you don't need a court to decide if he deserves to be out.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1581309967159955457?t=1DDVxKYGd3xi2r47oqLYBA&s=19

And if you've heard the clip, you don't need to wait for the trial. Even if miraculously he isn't found guilty of actually raping her, he deserves to rot in hell for the way he speaks to her in that video, it's all sorts of abusive, and that's just one clip, imagine what he's like normally.

HoboHarry
17-10-2022, 03:07 PM
Remanded in custody. What a fall from grace, and I imagine it'll be quite a while before he knows freedom again.

Hibernia&Alba
17-10-2022, 07:10 PM
Remanded in custody. What a fall from grace, and I imagine it'll be quite a while before he knows freedom again.

Yes, but only has himself to blame. He knew the consequences of breaking bail. He better get used to life behind bars.

cabbageandribs1875
17-10-2022, 07:28 PM
Yes, but only has himself to blame. He knew the consequences of breaking bail. He better get used to life behind bars.

wonder if man u have grounds to cancel his contract ? then again they will be wanting some money for him surely, or put him through some rehabilitation course IF he does get found guilty for the rape etc :dunno:

Hibernia&Alba
17-10-2022, 07:42 PM
wonder if man u have grounds to cancel his contract ? then again they will be wanting some money for him surely, or put him through some rehabilitation course IF he does get found guilty for the rape etc :dunno:

A criminal conviction would surely be grounds to terminate his contract? Career done.

Sir David Gray
17-10-2022, 10:58 PM
A criminal conviction would surely be grounds to terminate his contract? Career done.

:agree: He'll be sacked if he gets convicted, even if he somehow gets found not guilty I highly doubt he has any future at the top of the game.

Hell mend him.

Keyser Sauzee
18-10-2022, 10:11 AM

Has he been getting paid all this time?? Surprised if so

GreenNWhiteArmy
18-10-2022, 10:26 AM

I think Nike and others dropped him but united had to continue with his salary as he'd only been charged

You'd think if/when guilty verdict they'd have a claim to sue him and reclaim some of that money?

Allant1981
18-10-2022, 10:29 AM

Utd have been paying him his wage since he was charged, can't see how they couldn't until/if he is convicted

hibsbollah
18-10-2022, 12:04 PM
Not a bad time to post.

https://that-guy.co.uk/

Pagan Hibernia
18-10-2022, 12:05 PM
I’m no legal expert on employment law or anything else but I’m certain United wouldn’t want this ****bag waste of space tarnishing their brand for one second longer than they have to.

yes he’s a good player but they care about their image and brand a lot more than that.

if he’s still on their payroll it’s because they don’t have a choice

HoboHarry
18-10-2022, 12:10 PM
I think Nike and others dropped him but united had to continue with his salary as he'd only been charged

You'd think if/when guilty verdict they'd have a claim to sue him and reclaim some of that money?
Doubt there will be much left after lawyers fees and possible compensation to the victim.

cabbageandribs1875
18-10-2022, 04:49 PM

75k/week

Keith_M
18-10-2022, 06:31 PM
Not a bad time to post.

:agree:

cameronw-hfc
18-10-2022, 06:43 PM
Not a bad time to post.

Brilliant post.

CropleyWasGod
18-10-2022, 06:56 PM
I haven't been following the case.

Given the comments on here, am I right in guessing he's definitely guilty.?

HoboHarry
18-10-2022, 06:59 PM
I haven't been following the case.

Given the comments on here, am I right in guessing he's definitely guilty.?
Not sure if you are being a smarty-pants or not (:greengrin) but if not, the video that was released a while back wasn't great viewing. He is of course innocent until found otherwise but it doesn't look great for him...

CropleyWasGod
18-10-2022, 07:13 PM
Not sure if you are being a smarty-pants or not (:greengrin) but if not, the video that was released a while back wasn't great viewing. He is of course innocent until found otherwise but it doesn't look great for him...

I haven't seen it. If there's one in the public domain, that's been widely seen, there may be a problem finding a jury.

As an aside, though, high-profile cases like this reinforce my belief that the names of alleged perps of sex-crimes shouldn't be released until or unless they have been convicted.

cameronw-hfc
18-10-2022, 07:58 PM
I haven't seen it. If there's one in the public domain, that's been widely seen, there may be a problem finding a jury.

As an aside, though, high-profile cases like this reinforce my belief that the names of alleged perps of sex-crimes shouldn't be released until or unless they have been convicted.

Even if he somehow gets out of this, which I doubt, there's been enough leaked to see he's a pretty vile human

HoboHarry
18-10-2022, 08:15 PM
Even if he somehow gets out of this, which I doubt, there's been enough leaked to see he's a pretty vile human
I recall a while back when he wasn't getting too much game time, that the commentators over here were suggesting there were off field issues with Greenwood. I honestly wonder how much the club knew and what was suppressed. It'll all come out I'm sure....

Squealing pig
19-10-2022, 01:44 AM
Be at hearts in the sunmer he’s out

cabbageandribs1875
21-11-2022, 03:15 PM
Trial set for a year from now Mason Greenwood: Manchester United forward re-bailed until next year as trial date set for November | UK News | Sky News (https://news.sky.com/story/mason-greenwood-manchester-united-forward-re-bailed-until-next-year-as-trial-date-set-for-november-12752291)

The Manchester United footballer Mason Greenwood is set to face trial in November 2023 on charges including attempted rape and coercive behaviour.
Greenwood, 21, appeared before a judge at Manchester Minshull Street crown court on Monday. The footballer is accused of attempted rape on 22 October 2021, and of assault occasioning actual bodily harm in December 2021.

He is also charged with repeatedly engaging in coercive and controlling behaviour, which allegedly included monitoring the complainant’s social media accounts and “making threats and derogatory comments towards her, amounting to a serious effect upon her”.

HoboHarry
21-11-2022, 03:24 PM
Trial set for a year from now Mason Greenwood: Manchester United forward re-bailed until next year as trial date set for November | UK News | Sky News (https://news.sky.com/story/mason-greenwood-manchester-united-forward-re-bailed-until-next-year-as-trial-date-set-for-november-12752291)

The Manchester United footballer Mason Greenwood is set to face trial in November 2023 on charges including attempted rape and coercive behaviour.
Greenwood, 21, appeared before a judge at Manchester Minshull Street crown court on Monday. The footballer is accused of attempted rape on 22 October 2021, and of assault occasioning actual bodily harm in December 2021.

He is also charged with repeatedly engaging in coercive and controlling behaviour, which allegedly included monitoring the complainant’s social media accounts and “making threats and derogatory comments towards her, amounting to a serious effect upon her”.
He'll continue to be paid until then I assume. He'll be worried about his eventual freedom obviously but it's still a whole chunk of money for sitting at home.

ancient hibee
21-11-2022, 03:25 PM
The length of time to bring cases to trial is ludicrous.

cabbageandribs1875
21-11-2022, 04:33 PM
He'll continue to be paid until then I assume. He'll be worried about his eventual freedom obviously but it's still a whole chunk of money for sitting at home.

i'm sure he would rather be playing football but the 900k salary will console him a tad, 12 months is a heck of a long time to wait, hope the poor girl doesn't 'mellow' during that time

Allant1981
21-11-2022, 04:35 PM
i'm sure he would rather be playing football but the 900k salary will console him a tad, 12 months is a heck of a long time to wait, hope the poor girl doesn't 'mellow' during that time

900 and the rest, he is on approx 75k per week

HoboHarry
21-11-2022, 04:36 PM
No idea what is weekly wage is but I would have thought it was a lot more than 900k per year?

Billy Whizz
21-11-2022, 04:38 PM
No idea what is weekly wage is but I would have thought it was a lot more than 900k per year?

Maybe as a basic, with add ons for appearances/goals etc

Stubbsy90+2
21-11-2022, 04:40 PM
Maybe as a basic, with add ons for appearances/goals etc

Sure the average salary in the EPL is £30k odd a week so £1.5m a year. Greenwood will likely be on somewhere closer to £100k. I’d suspect he’ll be on at least £3-£4m a year.

I seen something a while ago that said that every single Barcelona player other than 2 of them are on £100k+ a week. Now I know they’re a basket case but I’d suspect the likes of Man Utd will also have a vast majority of their squad on about that.

cabbageandribs1875
21-11-2022, 04:43 PM
900 and the rest, he is on approx 75k per week

i just done a straight 12 x £75k= £900k

obviously tax still to come off of that :greengrin i know Nike dropped his sponsorship but not sure if he has/had other sponsors

Since90+2
21-11-2022, 04:46 PM
i just done a straight 12 x £75k= £900k

obviously tax still to come off of that :greengrin i know Nike dropped his sponsorship but not sure if he has/had other sponsors

It's more than 12 weeks until the trial though?

cabbageandribs1875
21-11-2022, 04:50 PM
It's more than 12 weeks until the trial though?

argh it was myself that put up the original link a few months back detailing his salary that he was on £75k/week as well, should be £3,900,000 of course :whistle:

incredible amount of cash

Devonhibs
21-11-2022, 04:50 PM
Also, will not be entitled to Legal Aid due to his earnings so will have a hefty legal bill to fund, shame

Stairway 2 7
21-11-2022, 04:53 PM
He'll not have to work a day in his life if he's got a good financial advisor and that is gutting

Allant1981
21-11-2022, 04:55 PM
He'll not have to work a day in his life if he's got a good financial advisor and that is gutting

Hopefully if found guilty he has to pay a whack out to the other person

HoboHarry
21-11-2022, 04:57 PM
He'll have a good lawyer though and that will cost him a whack apart from possible compensation.

blackpoolhibs
21-11-2022, 05:09 PM
It was reported down here on Granada news that Mendy had stopped being paid from Man City, i wonder if it's the case with Greenwood too? :dunno: