PDA

View Full Version : B team/Development squad

King conrad
28-01-2022, 10:30 PM
We have signed a few young players recently,
Joao Balde,Tom carter(goalie) Dylan Tait and the two Norwegian lads All around 20 and under. Even Ewan Henderson being 22.

We talk about pathways but surely this is making it even harder for the young lads to come through.
Are our own young players not good enough?
Seems to be alot of signings in that age bracket.

SMAXXA
28-01-2022, 10:38 PM
Joao Balde,Tom carter(goalie) Dylan Tait and the two Norwegian lads All around 20 and under. Even Ewan Henderson being 22.

We talk about pathways but surely this is making it even harder for the young lads to come through.

A lot of work to do with the young lads and the bridge was too big getting into the first team. The new structure will benefit young players more, it’s a positive we are signing young talent from elsewhere. I do agree we need to give them a chance though as not enough young players have made the step up since EM opened its doors. That’s as much to do with leadership chances than anything else we now have a new structure so time to judge will be over the next few years.

delbert
28-01-2022, 10:39 PM

Young lads did ok tonight, beating Celtic 1-0 at East Mains in the quarter final of the Scottish Youth Cup, we must have a few decent ones coming through !

Unseen work
28-01-2022, 10:51 PM
I do really like the thought of this.

Recruiting the best young talent from other teams or ones let go by bigger teams and giving them an opportunity to grow.

We’ve already got a couple of good young players in O’Connor, Young, Laidlaw, Johnson and Blakely that we’ve heard about and now signing the two Norwegians, Balde and the keeper adds to it(although Elias will be first team).

Hopefully we see the benefit of it and because they’re at a good standard get loans to teams in our league or top of championship to see how they compete.

Could be very rewarding if done correctly

Stanton Spence
28-01-2022, 11:09 PM
I do really like the thought of this.

Recruiting the best young talent from other teams or ones let go by bigger teams and giving them an opportunity to grow.

We’ve already got a couple of good young players in O’Connor, Young, Laidlaw, Johnson and Blakely that we’ve heard about and now signing the two Norwegians, Balde and the keeper adds to it(although Elias will be first team).

Hopefully we see the benefit of it and because they’re at a good standard get loans to teams in our league or top of championship to see how they compete.

Could be very rewarding if done correctlyHave we actually signed 2 Norwegians yet?
We spent a few quid by our standards on Melkerson so I'd be more than a bit disappointed if he's been signed to stick in some B squad?

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Tommy75
28-01-2022, 11:11 PM
A lot of work to do with the young lads and the bridge was too big getting into the first team. The new structure will benefit young players more, it’s a positive we are signing young talent from elsewhere. I do agree we need to give them a chance though as not enough young players have made the step up since EM opened its doors. That’s as much to do with leadership chances than anything else we now have a new structure so time to judge will be over the next few years.

Agree, not enough players have came through EM and broke in to the first team.

How many players have played through our ranks since EM opened and went on to have a decent career (as in played at a high level and made a good living out of the game)?

cameronw-hfc
28-01-2022, 11:18 PM
Bringing in better youth players usually coincides with the level of your own youth players rising as well. We need to be more active on this side as our recruitment is mainly younger. Bringing in 16-20 year olds with high potential and high sell on value will benefit the club in the long run imo

LunasBoots
28-01-2022, 11:41 PM
Have we actually signed 2 Norwegians yet?
We spent a few quid by our standards on Melkerson so I'd be more than a bit disappointed if he's been signed to stick in some B squad?

I highly doubt a club like ours would sign a player for that much to stick in the B team, he may get up to speed by training with them for a few weeks but I would expect him to be in the first team in no time.

Edit: He has been training with the first team

Onceinawhile
28-01-2022, 11:55 PM
Agree, not enough players have came through EM and broke in to the first team.

How many players have played through our ranks since EM opened and went on to have a decent career (as in played at a high level and made a good living out of the game)?

This season alone we've had mackie, Gullan, Porto and Bradley and Campbell get first team minutes.

Players who've had decent careers through em?

Spoony, booth, Sean welsh

SMAXXA
29-01-2022, 12:06 AM
This season alone we've had mackie, Gullan, Porto and Bradley and Campbell get first team minutes.

Players who've had decent careers through em?

Spoony, booth, Sean welsh

If you think St J and Partick/ICT is validation of the success of our academy your off your head.

I don’t think mackie has played this season could be wrong and he’s being released, Gullan been let go to the league below, Bradley far to early to judge and Porto yes he will go on to higher level Campbell jury’s out could easily be another Welsh.

I think the point stands, we haven’t had enough out the academy, Porteous aside in recent years, even Doig came from hearts.

1875Sean
29-01-2022, 12:53 AM
Have we actually signed 2 Norwegians yet?

Maloney came out and said the newer Norwegian Hauge will be joining the b team

Iain G
29-01-2022, 05:42 AM
Maloney came out and said the newer Norwegian Hauge will be joining the b team

Isn't that Kilmarnock at the moment? 😁

Brightside
29-01-2022, 07:15 AM
Aren’t we linking up with Edin City soon. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of these players end up there.

04Sauzee
29-01-2022, 07:58 AM
Aren’t we linking up with Edin City soon. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of these players end up there.

Was wondering if we would play our home 'B' games at Meadowbank?

hibbysam
29-01-2022, 08:07 AM
Was wondering if we would play our home 'B' games at Meadowbank?

Would all depend when they were played but think Meadowbank is being used for Edinburgh City, potentially Leith EOS? And also a couple of amateur sides who had first dibs on it.

Not sure who’d be on which pitch though.

04Sauzee
29-01-2022, 08:14 AM
Would all depend when they were played but think Meadowbank is being used for Edinburgh City, potentially Leith EOS? And also a couple of amateur sides who had first dibs on it.

Not sure who’d be on which pitch though.

Yeah new about Edinburgh City wasn't aware of the other teams so guess we won't be using that then 😁

The dalmeny
29-01-2022, 09:19 AM
Has anyone suggested who this development/b team might play?

Since452
29-01-2022, 09:43 AM
Definitely a change in direction since Steve Kean came onboard. If we're snapping good young players up then I'm all for it.

hibbysam
29-01-2022, 10:15 AM
Has anyone suggested who this development/b team might play?

Under 23 sides south of the border along with other sides up here.