PDA

View Full Version : Next up - Livingston

JamesHFC
26-01-2022, 09:26 PM
7 points from Dundee United, Motherwell, Aberdeen and Celtic so far under Maloney. Including progression into the next round of the Scottish Cup. At least we have slowly moved on from the relegation chat just over a month ago.

Another big game in the grand scheme of things on Saturday against Livingston as Hearts and Motherwell play eachother meaning 3 points for us will guarantee points gained on either or hopefully both of them.

A lot of annoyance regarding our attacking play, I wouldn’t get too worked up about it just now when results are not disgraceful. We are going through a transition in which we are dealing with the loss of our best player. Results are still decent so let’s not get too unhappy. Another one or two signings over the next few days along with players with injuries/suspensions returning and the new boys settling in further we will be fine. Onwards and upwards.

Shaun Maloney’s green and white army.

S4uzee
26-01-2022, 10:15 PM
Surely a first ourselves and hearts are at home on the same day at the same time?

B.H.F.C
26-01-2022, 10:53 PM
We need to make some changes for this one.

Porteous to come back in will help with getting the ball out a bit quicker.

Henderson to come in as well. He actually looked to play forward on the rare occasion the ball came to him.

Nobody middle to front can complain if they’re not in the team.

AZhibee
26-01-2022, 11:25 PM
Magennis, really need Magennis. Any word on when? Thought it was mid-December….

Since452
27-01-2022, 05:28 AM
Magennis, really need Magennis. Any word on when? Thought it was mid-December….

He played in the bounce game earlier this week so can see him making the squad at the weekend.

JimBHibees
27-01-2022, 05:43 AM
He played in the bounce game earlier this week so can see him making the squad at the weekend.

Sounded like Shaun thought it would be a few weeks yet

DJ HIBBY
27-01-2022, 06:35 AM
Unusual to see us and hearts both playing at home on same day and kickoff time.

JXM73
27-01-2022, 07:31 AM
0-0

flash
27-01-2022, 07:36 AM
We are in hospitality for this. The bevvy might be a useful tranquilliser.

oneone73
27-01-2022, 07:38 AM
We are in hospitality for this. The bevvy might be a useful tranquilliser.

Doubt you'll need a tranquiliser

flash
27-01-2022, 07:51 AM
Doubt you'll need a tranquiliser

Aye think i meant anaesthetic.

Hibee87
27-01-2022, 08:04 AM
Something to maybe note for people who drive, especially the badge holders.
Currently there is roadworks on St Clair Street for the next 12/13 days. SP energy laying ducts. Lights Gon up this morning at the bottom of the road, but looks like they will be making their way up to the top of the hill. Cones are out for parking just now. No idea if these will be there for the weekend still, I am guessing so.

JimBHibees
27-01-2022, 08:42 AM
Is Holyrood park permanently shut on Saturdays? Pain if so.

GreenCastle
27-01-2022, 08:48 AM
They also changed the road layout again near Gayfield Square / Leith walk.

Not sure what it's like day time but I got caught out driving past Playhouse to try go down Broughton Street but you can't go past the cathedral anymore so ended up with a diversion up Leith Street and near Jenners way.

The sooner they finish these tram works the better - Leith Walk has been so badly affected throughout.

Danderhall Hibs
27-01-2022, 09:40 AM
Is Holyrood park permanently shut on Saturdays? Pain if so.

I think it opens at 4pm? I drove that way home after a game before Christmas.

Since452
27-01-2022, 10:57 AM
Win and suddenly it becomes a very good start for Maloney. We need to be winning this game.

Heisenberg
27-01-2022, 11:02 AM
They will be tough to break down. Going to need better from middle to front on Saturday. Hopefully Mitchell in from the start to give us a bit more pace.

Hibee87
27-01-2022, 11:06 AM
Also just noticed both Hibs and Hearts are at home Sat 3pm. How often does that happen?? Also, makes driving even worse if coming from that side of town

PolmontHibby
27-01-2022, 11:44 AM
Got to say I am looking forward to this game in a major way.

Rare Saturday game at 3pm (which means myself and other season tickets family/friends can actually attend), midday beers, boozy lunch, watch the game, back to the pub for a debate after the game.

A proper day at the football for the first time since I think 2019 for my crowd.....wouldn't say I don't care if we don't win but not far off it.
It almost feels like a cup final - Roll on Saturday.

Gloucester Hibs
27-01-2022, 11:50 AM
Saturday 3 o’clock kick-off, usual routine, can’t wait ☺️

JimBHibees
27-01-2022, 05:16 PM
I think it opens at 4pm? I drove that way home after a game before Christmas.

Ok cheers

Since452
27-01-2022, 05:25 PM
Also just noticed both Hibs and Hearts are at home Sat 3pm. How often does that happen?? Also, makes driving even worse if coming from that side of town

Fife trains will be tasty.

killie-hibby
27-01-2022, 09:57 PM
Got to say I am looking forward to this game in a major way.

Rare Saturday game at 3pm (which means myself and other season tickets family/friends can actually attend), midday beers, boozy lunch, watch the game, back to the pub for a debate after the game.

A proper day at the football for the first time since I think 2019 for my crowd.....wouldn't say I don't care if we don't win but not far off it.
It almost feels like a cup final - Roll on Saturday.

:thumbsup::flag::top marks

Tambo
28-01-2022, 03:40 PM
Throwback of the 7-0 home win in 2006 not long been uploaded to YouTube.

Billy Whizz
28-01-2022, 03:49 PM
Any news on Paul Hanlon?

heretoday
28-01-2022, 04:07 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing us score a couple to round off the passing game.

Hibee Mac
28-01-2022, 04:12 PM
Meant to be blowin a hoolie tomorrow so it might be Fir Park all over again...

Hibby Kay-Yay
28-01-2022, 04:13 PM
Macey

Rocky Porto Stevenson

Cadden Newell JDH Doig

Mueller Nisbet Mitchell

bingo70
28-01-2022, 04:23 PM
Saturday 3 o’clock kick-off, usual routine, can’t wait ☺️

I just realised I think the last Saturday 3pm game I was at this season was Dundee Utd at home in mid October.

I missed the Motherwell game as I was on holiday. Has there really hardly been any of these kick off times this season?

AFKA5814_Hibs
28-01-2022, 06:56 PM
Meant to be blowin a hoolie tomorrow so it might be Fir Park all over again...

The wind is supposed to die down by around kick off time. Fortunately, we're not playing Arbroath at lunchtime tomorrow. 60mph gusts at Gayfield, that would be interesting.

silverhibee
28-01-2022, 07:02 PM
3-0 Hibs.

Sean Maloneys green and white go marching on. :flag:

Keith_M
28-01-2022, 07:10 PM
Weather forecast for tomorrow isn't good. Some parts of Scotland due 50 mph winds

LunasBoots
28-01-2022, 09:52 PM
Think it'll be a draw, stuffy team that we may struggle to create a lot, 0-0

Sir David Gray
28-01-2022, 10:45 PM
I just realised I think the last Saturday 3pm game I was at this season was Dundee Utd at home in mid October.

I missed the Motherwell game as I was on holiday. Has there really hardly been any of these kick off times this season?

Yep the last Saturday home game prior to Motherwell was the Dundee Utd game.

bingo70
28-01-2022, 10:51 PM
Yep the last Saturday home game prior to Motherwell was the Dundee Utd game.

Absolutely ridiculous that.

Prior to that I also missed the Ross County home game so in terms of Saturday 3pm kick offs I’ve hardly had any. st Johnstone and Livingston I think the only other ones so at 3 for the season so far I think (obviously nobody else fault I missed 2 of the games we’ve had at this time)

B.H.F.C
29-01-2022, 07:20 AM
Absolutely ridiculous that.

Prior to that I also missed the Ross County home game so in terms of Saturday 3pm kick offs I’ve hardly had any. st Johnstone and Livingston I think the only other ones so at 3 for the season so far I think (obviously nobody else fault I missed 2 of the games we’ve had at this time)

Ross County was a Sunday because of Europe. St Johnstone was a Sunday because we’d played Dundee Utd on the Thursday in the League Cup. We had a couple of Saturday games moved (although one was away) because of the League Cup semi and final as well. Think we had one postponed when we had our Covid outbreak as well. By the time you chuck in the scheduled midweek games I think we’ve only had about 4 Saturday games at home.