PDA

View Full Version : Online Fans Survey

Since452
21-01-2022, 04:19 PM
Saw this on LinkedIn earlier. Not seen it posted anywhere else.

https://edinburgh.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9tVMHDJ1Db1ez0a

HH81
21-01-2022, 04:44 PM
Just got an e-mail about it.

Iain G
21-01-2022, 04:58 PM
Well I started it and then got properly fed up about halfway through! Some odd questions and phrasing and options to answer!

Very odd one about how I would feel about watching Hibs from a different home stadium 🙄

madbadlad
21-01-2022, 04:59 PM
Some very intrusive questions. Amount of money made in household, number of kids, as well as all the usual mobile and email questions.

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-01-2022, 05:00 PM
It's just an excuse to harvest your data and sell on to faceless companies, avoid.

Billy Whizz
21-01-2022, 05:01 PM
I started it, when it starts to ask for mobile numbers etc, that’s when I stop

HH81
21-01-2022, 05:04 PM
Just completed, hard going. Lot of information.

Since452
21-01-2022, 05:08 PM
Well I started it and then got properly fed up about halfway through! Some odd questions and phrasing and options to answer!

Very odd one about how I would feel about watching Hibs from a different home stadium 🙄

Yeah thought that was a strange question.

Since452
21-01-2022, 05:10 PM
Wee bit about safe standing opinion. I added about FFL singing section.

Power
21-01-2022, 05:18 PM
Thanks for flagging.

The club greatly appreciates the time to complete the Hibernian Football Club Fan Survey to help support all club projects and future thinking

https://edinburgh.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_batfQ9nHGZWKltI

✅ Tickets
✅ Pricing
✅ Loyalty Points
✅ Safe Standing
✅ Atmosphere
✅ Communications and content
✅ Social issues (racism, sectarianism, inequalities)
✅ Community involvement

RyeSloan
21-01-2022, 05:19 PM

Same here.

Happy to complete a survey and would also be happy to add my ref number if the CLUB wanted to tie it back to a bona fide supporter but don’t see why I need to share such details with a third party and just couldn’t be ersed putting in fake details.

GreenCastle
21-01-2022, 05:19 PM
Filled it in - think you can submit without giving personal information.

Good chance for fans to give opinions about safe standing - expensive tickets - crap kiosks etc

GreenCastle
21-01-2022, 05:21 PM
Thanks for flagging.

The club greatly appreciates the time to complete the Hibernian Football Club Fan Survey to help support all club projects and future thinking

✅ Tickets
✅ Pricing
✅ Loyalty Points
✅ Safe Standing
✅ Atmosphere
✅ Community involvement

Do you know if the club are exploring FF lower safe standing for next season?

Would be a game changer for the ER experience.

Also as a gold season ticket holder I really don’t see the current benefits compared to other pricing except a slightly more central seat - but people moving each game to better seats as loads of empty seats.

Since90+2
21-01-2022, 05:29 PM

Keen to know the answer to this too.

Since452
21-01-2022, 05:30 PM
Keen to know the answer to this too.

And me.

Itsnoteasy
21-01-2022, 05:35 PM
Just completed, hard going. Lot of information.

This

Allant1981
21-01-2022, 05:39 PM
Some odd questions, why does it matter to the club how much i earn

Mikey_1875
21-01-2022, 05:50 PM
Filled it in. Good to see the club gathering opinions which will hopefully lead to changes a lot of us want to see. Strange questions though about enjoying doing what you do at Easter Road etc.

They also know fine well that the reason fans are angry about walk up prices isn’t that they are between 24-28 as they are claiming on that survey!

Pagan Hibernia
21-01-2022, 05:59 PM
Filled it in. Definitely some odd parts in that survey but I see it as important that the club are trying to gauge opinions. Clearly they know something is not right with the attendances, atmosphere and general lack of buzz around the place and this is what they should be doing.
the final section where they ask what they could be doing better is a great opportunity to tell them. Fill your boots folks. I wrote an essay.

Jay
21-01-2022, 06:01 PM

That started a few alarm bells ringing. Also how do you travel to the stadium? Car, train, bike, walk or supporters coach. How about a cooncil bus?

Lago
21-01-2022, 06:04 PM
This is the strangest fan survey I've ever started to fill in, stopped when it asked about sexual orientation 🙄

JGS56
21-01-2022, 06:12 PM
This is the strangest fan survey I've ever started to fill in, stopped when it asked about sexual orientation 🙄

Just had a small look at the survey - there is no compulsion to answer all the questions.

Just ignore any you do not want to answer and carry on.

Iain G
21-01-2022, 06:30 PM
That started a few alarm bells ringing. Also how do you travel to the stadium? Car, train, bike, walk or supporters coach. How about a cooncil bus?

Aeroplane for me but no option for that 🤣

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2022, 06:30 PM

It was definitely muted at a seminar/fans forum, what people's thoughts were on moving from ER, and it now appears in a survey by Edinburgh University.

Something not right, this has obviously been discussed internally:rolleyes:

Jay
21-01-2022, 06:33 PM
It was definitely muted at a seminar/fans forum, what people's thoughts were on moving from ER, and it now appears in a survey by Edinburgh University.

Bring yersels out to Livi. It's grand here , we could do with a decent stadium. The survey even asked how attached we were to edinburgh!

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2022, 06:38 PM
Bring yersels out to Livi. It's grand here , we could do with a decent stadium. The survey even asked how attached we were to edinburgh!

Lovely offer:greengrin

Green Badger
21-01-2022, 06:39 PM
Just filled it in, skipped any personal information I didn’t want to share. I think it’s worth doing.

Billy Whizz
21-01-2022, 06:54 PM
Just filled it in, skipped any personal information I didn’t want to share. I think it’s worth doing.

I’ve just done it again after skipping the personal information
If the club had said this on the email, would have made me do it earlier

Sir David Gray
21-01-2022, 06:58 PM

That's potentially quite worrying.

Big_Franck
21-01-2022, 07:00 PM

Agreed. It started alarm bells ringing for me as well. For anyone reading this from the club, don't even think about it.

If it's not at Easter Road, it's not Hibs. And if it's not Hibs, I'm not interested.

GreenCastle
21-01-2022, 07:18 PM

Hibs women already play at Livi…

Seriously though they ain’t installing new screens then moving the club !

It’s not like we are Hearts and have small pitch - less than 20,000 stadium and no chance of expanding stadium unless they spend millions and millions plus don’t forget to order seats (they still haven’t installed the escalator yet = main stand still not finished).

Keith_M
21-01-2022, 07:22 PM

When you get asked that on a website/app and don't want to give your real number, Just put in 07111111111

That's normally accepted and doesn't exist in the real world.

Eyrie
21-01-2022, 08:33 PM
Very easy to skip past questions that you don't want to answer.

e2los
21-01-2022, 08:50 PM
Very easy to skip past questions that you don't want to answer.

I stopped at the White British part...

If it had a white Scottish part I may have continued, but was already very uncomfortable at that point.

Data harvesting mission and I want nothing to do with it.

Scorrie
21-01-2022, 09:01 PM

That was the question that sprung out to me - watching Hibs elsewhere than ER. Told the survey where it can put that idea

Islington Hibs
21-01-2022, 09:22 PM
I get the comments skip the questions you don’t want to answer but frankly there are lots of really impertinent and irrelevant questions. The concept is engaging with fans is a good one. These questions are not. Concerned and unimpressed the the management should indulge in such nonsense.

Islington Hibs
21-01-2022, 09:25 PM
A better questionnaire would have examined why there has been such a slump in our gates. Cup final win wearing off, mediocrity, too expensive, out the habit due to lockdown, scared of covid. What’s the reason and what might encourage you back?

ancient hibee
21-01-2022, 09:27 PM
I get the comments skip the questions you don’t want to answer but frankly there are lots of really impertinent and irrelevant questions. The concept is engaging with fans is a good one. These questions are not. Concerned and unimpressed the the management should indulge in such nonsense.

Presumably the club are not going to be able to sell it to data analysis companies unless they ask lots of questions and have lots of answers.

Itsnoteasy
21-01-2022, 09:42 PM
A better questionnaire would have examined why there has been such a slump in our gates. Cup final win wearing off, mediocrity, too expensive, out the habit due to lockdown, scared of covid. What’s the reason and what might encourage you back?

Cup final win was nearly 6 years ago.

shooglie wooglie
21-01-2022, 09:56 PM
I don't usually post but like many I found the survey rather strange and I passed (like many) on a lot of questions.

Very intrusive questions which appeared to serve no purpose.

Liked another comment is not relevant that you travel to Easter Road by LRT!

To me it felt a bit amateurish and surprised that the Club did not try to complete the survey before approving it for release before allowing it to go alive.

I do hope the club read all the comments in this post as the are all very reasonable.

Unseen work
21-01-2022, 10:11 PM
Never found the survey bad at all.

The income one can be directly measured against ticket prices and price of merchandise in store and the kiosks in the stadium. However I appreciate a certain wage for one person isn’t the same for the next guy.

I think there was lots of questions in there however the wording/answers you were able to give didn’t always match up.

The main things I tried to get across were;

Prices per game are ok and in line with most of the league - you also need to keep value for money for the season ticket holders or it’s pointless buying.

Stadium improvements are appreciated and so is the effort to get a better match day experience however this ultimately comes down to the team and style of play.

A couple of suggestions were moving the singing section to the Famous Five lower which could also be part standing. Any potential new chants/songs that the club think are good they can post a non cringey hint at the song on social media, therefore when the song is played in the ground everyone knows what it’s in relation to and it will start a song etc. Example when they tweet about Boyle being a Starman, Magennis is the best on earth or We’ve got McGinn.

Fan engagement wise I think the quantity is good although would sometimes like more photos/videos of them training - nothing too intrusive though. Also the Twitter page can be a bit cringey at times with some of its posts.

GreenGray
21-01-2022, 10:20 PM

If it had a white Scottish part I may have continued, but was already very uncomfortable at that point.

Or maybe they’re genuinely looking for feedback, not everything is some mad conspiracy

The Baldmans Comb
21-01-2022, 10:23 PM

Exactly my thoughts as well.

The data harvesting was subtle but the "White British" was right in your face but neither sits at all right with me.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-01-2022, 10:24 PM

I’m glad I was not the only one.

First the good - I’m glad that Hibs are reaching out to support on the channels to run a survey. We need to learn more about the nature of our support so this effort on some levels is to be applauded.

that said some (pretty basic) flaws/ mistooks.

it’s too long.

Phrasing is confusing on some questions which could lead to potentially misleading conclusions.

Some key terms were not explained - membership scheme, fanzone, community hub iirc that’s pretty basic mistake that should have been picked up with a review / dry run ok a pilot basis.

there’s not a box to feedback on the survey itself so the authors will be in blissful ignorance of above

If you pay particular attention the questioning around belonging to Edinburgh on one hand and ER on there (and not Leith) and the mention of other stadium is an odd one.

Alex Trager
21-01-2022, 11:19 PM
I am almost finished the survey.

Some of the questions are weird but they offer answers to them like the one about playing away from ER, I selected the most negative answer there was and conversely what ER meant to me I answered the highest available.

There is a lot of concern about the cash question, to me it’s the same as any academic survey I’ve taken, a matter of demographics.

But in this instance it may help them understand why folk aren’t turning up due to prices.

I never felt it was intrusive.

Just pass over it if you feel it is because there is a lot of opportunity to offer up ideas as to what the club is missing.

Power
21-01-2022, 11:20 PM

Also as a gold season ticket holder I really don’t see the current benefits compared to other pricing except a slightly more central seat - but people moving each game to better seats as loads of empty seats.

No changes to the stadium configuration for next season. Any change would need proper consultations and various impact assessments (there’s lots of points to consider).

Club is aware of the topic - from before and now. This survey will only help in areas such as that.

Hibs90
22-01-2022, 04:55 AM
No changes to the stadium configuration for next season. Any change would need proper consultations and various impact assessments (there’s lots of points to consider).

Club is aware of the topic - from before and now. This survey will only help in areas such as that.

Disappointing. Fans have been talking about it for years. The F5 lower will remain empty for the foreseeable.

Since90+2
22-01-2022, 04:57 AM
Disappointing. Fans have been talking about it for years. The F5 lower will remain empty for the foreseeable.

Agreed. Kicking the can down the road springs to mind.

It's not as if this is a new discussion point.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-01-2022, 05:23 AM
It's just an excuse to harvest your data and sell on to faceless companies, avoid.

you did read about the bit that your data would not be passed to third parties?

Iain G
22-01-2022, 06:23 AM

I don't believe what anyone says about parties anymore, thanks Boris 😁

Viva_Palmeiras
22-01-2022, 06:28 AM
I don't believe what anyone says about parties anymore, thanks Boris 😁

you cN always tell when that flump is lying - his lips move. I think even he lies so much it must be like living in a fantasy land.

Big_Franck
22-01-2022, 06:42 AM

I'm not surprised to hear that. The club have been playing lip service to the idea of standing areas for years.

Someone from the club will come out and speak on it briefly over the next few months, probably Ben I'd imagine, it'll be something along the lines of 'we are listening and consulting with fans and want the best fan experience blah blah blah'. Then we'll start next season with the famous five lower 70% empty for about the 15th season in a row.

GreenCastle
22-01-2022, 07:27 AM

Thanks for the reply.

That’s REALLY disappointing to hear - I actually had some hope that Ron and Ben would look to improve the stadium atmosphere / fan experience.

Ben mentioned / answered a question about it in the Hibs.net podcast (before Jack Ross was sacked ) saying nothing was off the table. Feels like lip service.

There will 100% be a drop in ST sales next season if the club don’t improve what’s on offer just now for the experience. Surely they are aware of that.

With ST information usually released in April they still have plenty time to consult and make a change surely ?

Regarding the questionnaire - feels like an Edinburgh Uni student put it together for a project.

Antifa Hibs
22-01-2022, 07:29 AM

Its a strange one right enough.

I'm 100% against it but from the boards POV I can see their point in potentially looking into it. The North and South Stands aren't far off from 30 years old and both could do with a full refurb inside and out. The West is over 20 years old and needs an internal refit with the East is fine even as basic as it is. The sums don't really add up I don't think so i'm not overly concerned. Even if you got what was assuming top dollar of £50m for ER (I guess it wouldn't be as much as that), there is little to no brownfield sites in Edinburgh that we could afford to buy then to build a stadium on so it would be outside Edinburgh and surely the board aren't daft enough to move outside the city and potentially alienate half the fanbase.

I could just about accept moving but within Leith. Outside of Leith would probably be a no-no. Outside of Edinburgh and i'd 100% give it up.

Since452
22-01-2022, 07:42 AM

Really disappointed with that. The FFL is a real problem area and looks terrible even in the big games.

danhibees1875
22-01-2022, 07:48 AM

Other than explicitly stating that what assurances have we been given though? None.

:greengrin

The Spaceman
22-01-2022, 07:58 AM
This thread is absolute gold-dust 🤣

Nobody is forcing you to fill out the forms or answer those questions. Why would Hibs not want to understand the make up/demographic of their support better?

No issue saying I’m white British, given we literally live in Britain.

GreenCastle
22-01-2022, 08:25 AM
Its a strange one right enough.

I'm 100% against it but from the boards POV I can see their point in potentially looking into it. The North and South Stands aren't far off from 30 years old and both could do with a full refurb inside and out. The West is over 20 years old and needs an internal refit with the East is fine even as basic as it is. The sums don't really add up I don't think so i'm not overly concerned. Even if you got what was assuming top dollar of £50m for ER (I guess it wouldn't be as much as that), there is little to no brownfield sites in Edinburgh that we could afford to buy then to build a stadium on so it would be outside Edinburgh and surely the board aren't daft enough to move outside the city and potentially alienate half the fanbase.

I could just about accept moving but within Leith. Outside of Leith would probably be a no-no. Outside of Edinburgh and i'd 100% give it up.

Not many sites in Leith available if you want to move..Leith Academy pitches across the road but can’t see that happening or Newhaven near the docks but rising sea levels etc couldn’t see that.

Would be cheaper knocking down ER and rebuilding on the current land probably.

I don’t use hospitality but I heard there were plans to move offices from West stand to grow hospitality.

The FF bar etc is the area needing sorted - again not sure latest but a fans bar / cafe / community cafe and safe standing would be the dream.

Arch Stanton
22-01-2022, 08:48 AM

"need proper consultations" - Something like including in a fan survey perhaps?

"This survey will only help in areas such as that." - Deciding to relocate the stadium seems to be a bigger priority for the club.

Eyrie
22-01-2022, 09:03 AM
"need proper consultations" - Something like including in a fan survey perhaps?

"This survey will only help in areas such as that." - Deciding to relocate the stadium seems to be a bigger priority for the club.

The survey didn't ask where we sit, and I don't think my opinion from the West Upper should determine whether someone else loses their current seat.

A proper consultation would need to be with those directly affected who would lose their seats in the FFL, with a majority being willing to move. That may involve some incentive such as transferring the kids prices to the Bronze areas of the East.

Ideally it should also involve getting commitments from those willing to move to FFL to ensure that there will be a reasonable number there to make the change worthwhile. Making the FFL into a safe standing area that is 25% full would look worse than having it half empty.

Cat Stanton
22-01-2022, 09:41 AM

It explicitly states that your data will not be passed onto third parties. They would therefore be in deep **** if they did so.

However... it's a loooooong questionnaire. I think that's probably more off-putting than anything else.

Have done it though.

JohnMcM
22-01-2022, 09:45 AM
I’ve completed it and chose not to answer the questions I didn’t want to answer. I hope there are enough responses to make this effort by the club worthwhile and our combined responses contribute towards decision making at the club.

It would be good if somewhere down the line a consolidated result of the survey was shown to us.

matty_f
22-01-2022, 09:48 AM
It explicitly states that your data will not be passed onto third parties. They would therefore be in deep **** if they did so.

However... it's a loooooong questionnaire. I think that's probably more off-putting than anything else.

Have done it though.

:agree: the accusations of data harvesting are mental, and there’s some level of paranoia around the “if Hibs weren’t at Easter Rd…” questions. There are any number of reasons that question would be in there, it absolutely is not a hint that the board are considering relocating the club.

GreenCastle
22-01-2022, 09:50 AM
The survey didn't ask where we sit, and I don't think my opinion from the West Upper should determine whether someone else loses their current seat.

A proper consultation would need to be with those directly affected who would lose their seats in the FFL, with a majority being willing to move. That may involve some incentive such as transferring the kids prices to the Bronze areas of the East.

Ideally it should also involve getting commitments from those willing to move to FFL to ensure that there will be a reasonable number there to make the change worthwhile. Making the FFL into a safe standing area that is 25% full would look worse than having it half empty.

How many ST are in FF lower ?

There are plenty spaces in other stands including south stand that they could move seats to plus spaces would open up if others moved to FF lower.

Latapy'sVolley
22-01-2022, 09:59 AM
Really disappointed with that. The FFL is a real problem area and looks terrible even in the big games.

Just finished the survey now, and I too have showed encouragement for safe standing in the FF lower.

But although safe-standing might not be in the immediate future, think if there's enough encouragement for moving the singing-section to the FF lower there's little reason that couldn't happen come next season?

Billy Whizz
22-01-2022, 10:40 AM
There was a bit on how you travel to Easter Rd! Hibs must be really concerned at the roadworks in the City/Leith due to tram works

Getting to the ground is getting harder every week for the likes of me. Wouldn’t surprise if some decided not to bother, tram works are terrible

Any idea how long it’s going to be as bad as it just now

Radium
22-01-2022, 11:03 AM
There was a bit on how you travel to Easter Rd! Hibs must be really concerned at the roadworks in the City/Leith due to tram works

Getting to the ground is getting harder every week for the likes of me. Wouldn’t surprise if some decided not to bother, tram works are terrible

Any idea how long it’s going to be as bad as it just now

Sure the extended line is to open in Spring 2023.

Looking forward to it as the tram from Ingliston in the better weather works for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andyf5
22-01-2022, 11:09 AM
:agree: the accusations of data harvesting are mental, and there’s some level of paranoia around the “if Hibs weren’t at Easter Rd…” questions. There are any number of reasons that question would be in there, it absolutely is not a hint that the board are considering relocating the club.
There were lots of questions around "if Hibs werent at Easter Road" which made me think this was something being looked into.

Hannah_hfc
22-01-2022, 11:40 AM
There were lots of questions around "if Hibs werent at Easter Road" which made me think this was something being looked into.

I’m sure I read on twitter that this question was to understand fans attachment to Easter Road itself.

I hope that’s why it’s there anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
22-01-2022, 12:00 PM
I suppose the questions could tie in with the realisation that if we are successful what are the constraints on what we can do? It’s capacity of the stadium isn’t it. So perhaps the option could be for big games to maximise revenues to switch to Murrayfield?

Since90+2
22-01-2022, 12:10 PM
I suppose the questions could tie in with the realisation that if we are successful what are the constraints on what we can do? It’s capacity of the stadium isn’t it. So perhaps the option could be for big games to maximise revenues to switch to Murrayfield?

That would be horrendous. Sitting in a half empty stadium not far from Gorgie.

Would never happen.

Mikey
22-01-2022, 01:12 PM

So we're not selling up and moving in with Hearts and paying them rent then? 9k a week I'd heard.

Bostonhibby
22-01-2022, 01:15 PM
So we're not selling up and moving in with Hearts and paying them rent then? 9k a week I'd heard.Yeah, and it goes up to £20k a week when the megastand's finished.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
22-01-2022, 01:23 PM

No thanks.

Keith_M
22-01-2022, 01:30 PM

Most of the comments on here would suggest it's quite simple and straightforward but it's good to hear the club are aware that it's a bit more complex than some people make out.

Keith_M
22-01-2022, 01:33 PM
How many ST are in FF lower ?

There are plenty spaces in other stands including south stand that they could move seats to plus spaces would open up if others moved to FF lower.

It was 1,600 before Covid but I think it's now just over 1,400

Baldy Foghorn
22-01-2022, 01:36 PM

The question of relocating was asked by a marketing guy, at a fans forum, before the end of last year, and brought up again in the survey.

Paranoia, behave, if they were not thinking about it, why even throw the question in? Are you privy to Board discussions, only if so, would you you know there is no hint on relocating?

Pagan Hibernia
22-01-2022, 01:40 PM

I think it will be a long time before we find ourselves with the problem of a stadium that’s too small for us… but if it ever did happen then surely it’s an easy fix. Fill in the corners and stick another tier on the East.

there’s surely no rational argument to leave Easter Road. It’s a wonderful old place (though there’s certainly room for improvement with the atmosphere) and it’s in a fabulous location.

bigwheel
22-01-2022, 01:40 PM

Of course it is Matty - what other reason is there to ask that question . It is testing the hypothesis .

Keith_M
22-01-2022, 01:45 PM
The question of relocating was asked by a marketing guy, at a fans forum, before the end of last year, and brought up again in the survey.

Paranoia, behave, if they were not thinking about it, why even throw the question in? Are you privy to Board discussions, only if so, would you you know there is no hint on relocating?

There have been discussions on relocating but that's all they were, discussions.

I don't think RG came to the club with an intention to move, it's just one of those things that come up in conversation.

I expect the question in the survey is just to guage supporters views on the subject... which are very clearly against moving from the majority.

Fuzzywuzzy
22-01-2022, 02:43 PM
I sit in the FFL and really like my seat there.

I don't want to end up sitting in a **** seat at either end of the stands. Are the folk that want to move to the FFL sitting in **** seats in these stands🤣🤣

Fuzzywuzzy
22-01-2022, 02:46 PM
There have been discussions on relocating but that's all they were, discussions.

I don't think RG came to the club with an intention to move, it's just one of those things that come up in conversation.

I expect the question in the survey is just to guage supporters views on the subject... which are very clearly against moving from the majority.

What would have been interesting is if they had a question about naming rights for the stadium

Pagan Hibernia
22-01-2022, 02:56 PM
What would have been interesting is if they had a question about naming rights for the stadium

im probably in the minority on this one but I’d be opposed.

Billy Whizz
22-01-2022, 03:22 PM
im probably in the minority on this one but I’d be opposed.

It’ll happen sometime soon

StevesFamau5
22-01-2022, 05:21 PM
The whole moving thing is probably just a bit of weird question and nothing more. We've just installed big TV screens and tried to sort out in house grub etc. For me it's more of a what if we got so big ER wasn't fit for us kinda question.

Which although we could have a more successful time on the pitch I can't ever imagine us needing to be relocated to a 30k plus stadium out in the East or something like some clubs down south.

I am amazed how many people think its a conspiracy though. Surprisingly a lot of tin foil hat wearers [emoji1787]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
22-01-2022, 05:53 PM

Not really I wouldn't have thought. Thought there were too many similar questions.

JimBHibees
22-01-2022, 05:55 PM
It’ll happen sometime soon

Wouldn't have a huge issue if decent money goes to the team

PolmontHibby
22-01-2022, 09:50 PM

I agree - it would be naive to believe that the pros and cons of ER have not been reviewed by BK/RG - they both have commercial backgrounds and not our emotional attachments.

BK apparently had a big impact at Norwich growing non football revenue streams (concerts, exhibitions, etc), and it is guaranteed ER will have been assessed on what can be achieved....along with alternatives. Possibly one part of the jigsaw in making their decision is the survey feedback, or why bother asking the question. I made my own opinion clear on the survey on the importance of ER.

I also noted "memberships" in the questionnaire, which was written a bit vague. Also no doubt some thinking on season tickets/memberships taking place as a new membership structure at Norwich added £1m to revenue, or as their fans put it added £1m to their costs. My answer to that one on the survey was zero interest in "memberships", I consider my season ticket my year on year commitment.

Time will tell if I am just paranoid.

Mikey_1875
22-01-2022, 10:06 PM
I also noted "memberships" in the questionnaire, which was written a bit vague. Also no doubt some thinking on season tickets/memberships taking place as a new membership structure at Norwich added £1m to revenue, or as their fans put it added £1m to their costs. My answer to that one on the survey was zero interest in "memberships", I consider my season ticket my year on year commitment.

I thought that was an interesting question as well but thought it might be a good idea to raise extra funds. It obviously all boils down to circumstances etc but as someone who took the 6 month direct debit at £70 (420) for this years ST I think a rolling £40 a month would be a good option and make the total amount going to hibs a year £480.

It would never be popular raising the prices of STs to begin with but if it was inevitable I would much rather have that option than having to fork out more money over a shorter period.

matty_f
22-01-2022, 10:14 PM
I agree - it would be naive to believe that the pros and cons of ER have not been reviewed by BK/RG - they both have commercial backgrounds and not our emotional attachments.

BK apparently had a big impact at Norwich growing non football revenue streams (concerts, exhibitions, etc), and it is guaranteed ER will have been assessed on what can be achieved....along with alternatives. Possibly one part of the jigsaw in making their decision is the survey feedback, or why bother asking the question. I made my own opinion clear on the survey on the importance of ER.

I’d be amazed if there’sa single person replying to that survey who says they’d be happy to move from Easter Rd.

It’s a complete non-starter and there is no good reason for considering it all, commercially or otherwise.

barcahibs
22-01-2022, 10:54 PM
I think maybe some folk need to dial down the paranoia levels a little.

It's not trying to harvest your data, this isn't facebook. It specifically states your data will not be transferred. If it is then they're in a world of hurt under current legislation. But if you are concerned you can just not answer this questions.

I've worked with Edinburgh Uni before on survey type projects and this is pretty standard. The initial questions are just generic ones used to build a population profile - this can be used for all sorts of analysis around marketing and pricing structures - for example it'll be very useful when trying to sell the club to potential corporate partners.

The 'White British' thing is the same, it's just a generic question and answer picked from a list, not everything has to be about politics/independence.

If you're suspicious about the motives around asking particular questions - eg are you really attached to Easter Road - then answer them and make sure the club knows how you'd feel about it.

I can understand why it's being asked. Parts of the ground are 30+ years old and will need significant money put into them in the next 10 years. The club would be negligent not to be investigating options.

Personally I fed back that connection to Edinburgh, Easter Road and the surrounding community is, for me, the most important aspect of being a Hibby. Even more important (much more) than footballing success. That the club should be prioritising engaging with and embedding itself into the community and using its influence and power to make a difference in people's lives. We should be promoting the women's team/game and community initiatives to bring more into the club.

If we move from Easter Road we're not Hibs anymore and I'm out as a fan - but the club don't know that unless we tell them. Some folk might be happy to move if it brought money and sporting success. A businessman would do it without thinking if no one is telling them otherwise.

As someone who can't get to as many games as I'd like I'm interested in membership options. I don't care about pie prices or standing, I do care about stewarding and matchday experience. I would like us not to take money from gambling companies and I'm not interested in watching games on tv. I'm not sure what the transport questions were about but I'm always happy to take a dig at the sorry state of public transport in Scotland.

That's how I feel, if you disagree, fill out the survey and tell them.

Sir David Gray
22-01-2022, 11:38 PM
Also found the matchday pricing question a bit odd as it said current pricing ranges from £24-28 when that's only referring to category C pricing.

Forza Fred
23-01-2022, 07:29 AM
As an overseas fan who cannot attend games, but still supports the club in many ways, I felt excluded.

Be nice if the club included us in such things.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-01-2022, 08:07 AM
It was sooo long I forgot whether the survey mentions it’s purpose.
imagine the university worked to the brief but (assuming as a sports academy they’d have wider experience to draw on and advise the client on potential for exclusion) I wonder if there was a pilot and if the pilot included a reasonable cross section of who were trying to reach ? Can save money in the long run and catch snags up front.

Since452
23-01-2022, 08:09 AM
It was strange how much it was asking how much Edinburgh means. For Hibs fans not from Edinburgh, and there is a lot, probably not much.

Renfrew_Hibby
23-01-2022, 08:37 AM
It was strange how much it was asking how much Edinburgh means. For Hibs fans not from Edinburgh, and there is a lot, probably not much.

As a Hibs fan with no connection to Edinburgh, its a subject a don't really think about.

Now that I'm actually thinking about it, I feel really connected to Easter Road and the immediate area around the stadium. I am proud that we are 'from the capital' my capital even if I'm not from there.

Personally I would strongly resist any notion of a move away from Easter Road but should it ever arise I wouldn't be 'out' I am and will always be a Hibby.

Our North and South stands are nearly 30 years old and now require regular costly maintenance. There are countless stands and stadiums up and down the UK built in the same era in the wake of the Taylor Report that are in the same boat as us. Many rebuilds and even some relocations will happen in 10 to 20 years time.

If money was no object then I would rebuild the FF and South stands. Single tier, slightly wider and closer to the pitch, this would really enclose the ground and raise capacity by a few hundred. Use the North West corner to build new function space, museum, fans hub, TV studios or whatever. It's a massive space and could have numerous uses.

If that means spending a season at Tynie or wherever then I can live with that but we have to stay at ER in my opinion.

lucky
23-01-2022, 09:35 AM
The questionnaire is long but there was nothing in it that had me jumping to the conclusions some have. We all want Hibs to remain at ER and we want an attractive football in a nice stadium at reasonable prices. This survey is trying to gage fans thoughts on how best we achieve this.

Keith_M
23-01-2022, 10:11 AM
I’d be amazed if there’sa single person replying to that survey who says they’d be happy to move from Easter Rd.

It’s a complete non-starter and there is no good reason for considering it all, commercially or otherwise.

I put a suggestion in to move nearer to my house in Glasgow but I can't imagine they'll be doing that any time soon.

:greengrin

Iggy Pope
23-01-2022, 12:51 PM
Thanks for flagging.

✅ Tickets
✅ Pricing
✅ Loyalty Points
✅ Safe Standing
✅ Atmosphere
✅ Community involvement

Some of the survey seems very similar in content to those December groups at Easter Road which were basically a waste of time.
They also need to stop referring to the match programme as this is particularly annoying to me...

Allant1981
23-01-2022, 01:14 PM
Some of the survey seems very similar in content to those December groups at Easter Road which were basically a waste of time.
They also need to stop referring to the match programme as this is particularly annoying to me...

Did you ever get your programme up and running? Apologies if it wasnt you

bigwheel
23-01-2022, 01:15 PM

I also notice their promised magazine hasn’t materialised !!

Since452
23-01-2022, 01:18 PM
As a Hibs fan with no connection to Edinburgh, its a subject a don't really think about.

Now that I'm actually thinking about it, I feel really connected to Easter Road and the immediate area around the stadium. I am proud that we are 'from the capital' my capital even if I'm not from there.

Personally I would strongly resist any notion of a move away from Easter Road but should it ever arise I wouldn't be 'out' I am and will always be a Hibby.

Our North and South stands are nearly 30 years old and now require regular costly maintenance. There are countless stands and stadiums up and down the UK built in the same era in the wake of the Taylor Report that are in the same boat as us. Many rebuilds and even some relocations will happen in 10 to 20 years time.

If money was no object then I would rebuild the FF and South stands. Single tier, slightly wider and closer to the pitch, this would really enclose the ground and raise capacity by a few hundred. Use the North West corner to build new function space, museum, fans hub, TV studios or whatever. It's a massive space and could have numerous uses.

If that means spending a season at Tynie or wherever then I can live with that but we have to stay at ER in my opinion.

Crazy to think those stands are nearly 30 years old. I still see them as pretty new! Time flies.

Allant1981
23-01-2022, 01:21 PM
Crazy to think those stands are nearly 30 years old. I still see them as pretty new! Time flies.

When were they built? I started going 1993, dont think it was long after that

Edit - 1995

JimBHibees
23-01-2022, 01:46 PM

Yep ridiculous to think so

JimBHibees
23-01-2022, 01:47 PM
So we're not selling up and moving in with Hearts and paying them rent then? 9k a week I'd heard.

Lol :greengrin

Iggy Pope
23-01-2022, 01:52 PM
Did you ever get your programme up and running? Apologies if it wasnt you

It was me and it stalled I’m afraid....

Allant1981
23-01-2022, 01:53 PM
It was me and it stalled I’m afraid....

Ahh, i was actually thinking about it at the last league game, i had no phone signal at half time and could have done with something to read!

Iggy Pope
23-01-2022, 01:58 PM
Ahh, i was actually thinking about it at the last league game, i had no phone signal at half time and could have done with something to read!

Well, exactly......

Iain G
23-01-2022, 01:59 PM

Walked past the ground last weekend and the outside of the Famous Five stand looks awful! Suspect a cleaning and maintenance regime hasn't been adhered to.

matty_f
23-01-2022, 05:30 PM
https://twitter.com/gregmcewan/status/1485310814856916996?s=21

No plans to move from the stadium.

Bridge hibs
23-01-2022, 05:41 PM
https://twitter.com/gregmcewan/status/1485310814856916996?s=21

No plans to move from the stadium.I remember the ill thought out move to Straiton reaction was taken not very well, I wonder how the reaction would meet similar reaction if proposed new stadium at Leith Docks was considered

Anyway, will still be at Easter Road long after Im deid 🤣

Dalianwanda
26-01-2022, 03:28 PM
As an overseas fan who cannot attend games, but still supports the club in many ways, I felt excluded.

Be nice if the club included us in such things.

As an overseas fan who cant attend many games too I was happy to answer the questions. Many still applied to me even though Im not around.

Billy Whizz
26-01-2022, 04:04 PM
Wish if I’d put this on my survey reply
Hibs seem to be changing the email addresses they communicate with. Todays went into my junk box, as it was another new one. Surely it would be simpler for supporters, with one email address as communication from the club

Mick O'Rourke
26-01-2022, 06:14 PM
Thanks for flagging.

✅ Tickets
✅ Pricing
✅ Loyalty Points
✅ Safe Standing
✅ Atmosphere
✅ Community involvement

You could also thank the jambos that are filling out the survey.
Survey form link been posted on jambo fans forum.

Revenge for the Lithuanian emails !!

The baw's burst !

mutley
26-01-2022, 06:17 PM

The ba's burst !

I think that news to be highlighted to the club, to let them know that any stats derived from the survey will be completely false , hence the whole thing is a waste of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mick O'Rourke
26-01-2022, 06:25 PM
I think that news to be highlighted to the club, to let them know that any stats derived from the survey will be completely false , hence the whole thing is a waste of time.

Indeed,mutley
That is why i replied on Kieran's thank you post.
He will know what to do ..i think !!

Power
26-01-2022, 07:40 PM

The baw's burst !

Thanks both ✅

The club has controls in place to cleanse the data - there’s a few unique identifiers when providing the data responses.

I’m sure the rogue responses will be spotted a mile away ✅

PolmontHibby
26-01-2022, 07:46 PM
Thanks both ✅

The club has controls in place to cleanse the data - there’s a few unique identifiers when providing the data responses.

I’m sure the rogue responses will be spotted a mile away ✅

thank you - good to know.

Apologies if missed it elsewhere, or maybe in survey but I have forgotten - but wondering if findings will be shared (even if only at a high level) with support?

matty_f
26-01-2022, 07:57 PM
In the Evening News online that there are no plans to move from Easter Road.

Hopefully that can be put to bed now.

judas
27-01-2022, 06:00 AM
In the Evening News online that there are no plans to move from Easter Road.

Hopefully that can be put to bed now.

I hope so. Ron owns the club and he makes the big financial calls.

I would chain myself to the proverbial gates to keep Hibs at Easter Road.

Since452
03-08-2022, 04:47 PM
Sorry if already posted. Results from survey.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hibernian-fan-survey-the-results