PDA

View Full Version : Rangers

dastardly8
21-01-2022, 01:37 PM
I see on the BBC sport website Rangers are “ holding talks “ with the SFA about Kevin Clancys display against Aberdeen , pathetic really after the murder both weedgie teams get away with !!!!!

Keyser Sauzee
21-01-2022, 01:39 PM
The fact that the SFA is taking part in such a meeting goes to show how much pandering they do to the OF, if any other team requested this we would be told to straighten our face.

SideBurns
21-01-2022, 01:42 PM
That was Paul McGinn's mistake, obviously. He should have just said in the interview after the cup final he'd be looking to 'hold talks' with the SFA, and then he'd have avoided a ban presumably.

Argylehibby
21-01-2022, 01:43 PM
I see on the BBC sport website Rangers are “ holding talks “ with the SFA about Kevin Clancys display against Aberdeen , pathetic really after the murder both weedgie teams get away with !!!!!

I was just about to post on that as well. They have had referees giving them dodgy decisions week after week for years and the first time when there is a hint that they got one against them they look for explanations. This is purely down to putting pressure on refs to give them the benefit of every decision or risk being the subject of questions to the authorities. A horrible pathetic club who really need to be brought down a peg or 3 but the people that run the game in this country don’t have the courage to do that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60085675

Silky
21-01-2022, 01:44 PM
They've had a beef with Clancy since the semi-when he had the audacity to give us a penalty! SFA should have told them to bolt!

Since90+2
21-01-2022, 01:47 PM
Rangers only scored after a blatant penalty wasn't given to Aberdeen about 20 seconds beforehand.

greenginger
21-01-2022, 01:47 PM
The Rangers will probably bring up Kevin Clancy’s past performances, like how he allowed us to score 3 goals in the League Cup semi. without disallowing any , failure to award them a penalty, and allowing us to have 11 men on the park. :greengrin

Steven79
21-01-2022, 01:48 PM
The Rangers will probably bring up Kevin Clancy’s past performances, like how he allowed us to score 3 goals in the League Cup semi. without disallowing any , failure to award them a penalty, and allowing us to have 11 men on the park. :greengrin

Youi say in jest but...

The Harp Awakes
21-01-2022, 01:58 PM
I wonder if they'll bring up how they somehow managed to concede only 1 penalty rather than 2 in the game.

Vile club with nae class.

hibby rae
21-01-2022, 02:02 PM

You never know, point 1 of their 8 points might be 'Aberdeen should have had a penalty and our goalkeeper should have been shown a red card just before we scored.'

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-01-2022, 02:14 PM

They've submitted one of their legendary letters to the authorities.

HoboHarry
21-01-2022, 02:19 PM
Given his name, he may be catholic? Imagine that......

JimBHibees
21-01-2022, 02:27 PM
Says it all really while other teams like ours got done over big time by refs in Rangers games last season where they incredibly went through a whole season of having no penalties given against them apart from one in injury time of their last game. The irony of them moaning about Clancy who ignored a blatant stamp on Porteous at Er with culprit scoring the winning goal. Entitled FC

gogs_t
21-01-2022, 02:48 PM
This article gets it spot on!

https://conaltracey.wordpress.com/2022/01/21/why-cant-the-old-firm-just-be-normal

semaj64
21-01-2022, 02:59 PM

https://conaltracey.wordpress.com/2022/01/21/why-cant-the-old-firm-just-be-normal

Pretty much spot on, not that it will make a difference

Since452
21-01-2022, 03:07 PM
Other teams and players get hauled up by the SFA. The old firm haul up the SFA. Scottish football for you.

Causewayside PR
21-01-2022, 03:11 PM
Rangers only scored after a blatant penalty wasn't given to Aberdeen about 20 seconds beforehand.

And a red card for MacGregor! If it was a non-Old Firm team in that situation against the ugly twins there is no chance they would have got away with it! Extremely obvious call to make...

gbhibby
21-01-2022, 03:12 PM
Two game ban for the whole club an 3 nil win to their opponents.

Since90+2
21-01-2022, 03:14 PM
And a red card for MacGregor! If it was a non-Food Firm team in that situation against the ugly twins there is no chance they would have got away with it! Extremely obvious call to make...

If the roles are reversed and it was a Sevco player through on goal at Ibrox 100% they get the penalty (and possibly the keeper is off). Every single person with an ounce of perception in Scottish football knows that.

LunasBoots
21-01-2022, 03:54 PM
Embarrassing stuff considering what they've got away with for two seasons

hibbysam
21-01-2022, 03:55 PM

An outstanding article which nails it. Rangers are like the big bully who runs their mouth all the time. Celtic are like the wee sleekit coward who whispers horrible lies about folk behind their back. Both rancid clubs. Shame one of them have to win the title every season just now.

greenginger
21-01-2022, 07:36 PM
Their referee intimidation seems to be working well for them.

Two penalty kicks awarded in the first half tonight.

Ron D Hibbie
21-01-2022, 07:39 PM

Well it is one of there own refereeing. Mr Beaton.

Mick O'Rourke
21-01-2022, 07:40 PM

My grandson just texted me this.

Who runs Scottish fitba?
The SFA or rAngers ?
I replied
I asked the very same question 50 yrs ago !

LunasBoots
21-01-2022, 08:14 PM

They reminded them who is boss of our game

Joe6-2
21-01-2022, 08:26 PM
Other teams and players get hauled up by the SFA. The old firm haul up the SFA. Scottish football for you.

This, this, this!!!!

PatHead
21-01-2022, 09:04 PM
Why was McGregor not given a retrospective red card?

ballengeich
21-01-2022, 09:07 PM

Because they aren't normal?

ozhibs
22-01-2022, 03:38 AM

As you say “spot on “ but I won’t hold my breath. I have to laugh when either of the two butt cheeks complain about refereeing. I especially love it in European games and think this is how the rest of us feel

GGTTH

ozhibs
22-01-2022, 03:39 AM

Good question 😂😂

GGTTH

HoboHarry
22-01-2022, 03:53 AM
Something about a goat I heard. Sat on it apparently.....

Viva_Palmeiras
22-01-2022, 05:17 AM
I always thought after reading Freakonomics that the award winning Economist (Levitt) who writes about stats proving cheating in sumo wrestling, that he should do something for Scottish Football. Turns out that if you have the letters R-A-N-G-E-R-S in your name then the probability of you cheating is 1.

Waxy
22-01-2022, 05:18 AM
Please just form a breakaway league.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-01-2022, 05:34 AM

Of two. Never felt more than this year after the media treatment of the aftermath of the final that the others are simply there to make up the numbers so the narratives can exclusively focus on the uglies.In a somewhat more of a level playing field in the woman’s game it’s interesting to note Dean Gibsons comments calling out the disparity in focus in the coverage of what is a competitive league. Trying to get a stranglehold on it as it develops.

gbhibby
22-01-2022, 09:48 PM
See some ex Rangers players upset with Scott Brown's antics against their beloved club. He seems to love to wind them up

HoboHarry
22-01-2022, 10:12 PM
See some ex Rangers players upset with Scott Brown's antics against their beloved club. He seems to love to wind them up
Did you see it? Absolutely outstanding by Scott Brown :faf::faf::faf:

gbhibby
22-01-2022, 10:42 PM
Did you see it? Absolutely outstanding by Scott Brown :faf::faf::faf:
Yes watched the game,in the words of Jonesie in Dad's Army they don't like it up em.

The Harp Awakes
23-01-2022, 12:51 AM

A Rangers red card deserves to be celebrated as it doesn't happen very often. Well done Broony :aok:

04Sauzee
23-01-2022, 05:24 PM
BREAKING! Kevin Clancy AXED as Rangers row referee misses out on full Scottish Premiership card

https://t.co/E1h7UB4vh7 https://t.co/Ac88M2qc1K

weecounty hibby
23-01-2022, 05:42 PM
They even managed to get a penalty against our women's team today!!!

brianmc
23-01-2022, 05:42 PM
Disgusting 🤬 corrupt *****

hibbysam
23-01-2022, 05:47 PM
BREAKING! Kevin Clancy AXED as Rangers row referee misses out on full Scottish Premiership card

He was never due to be refereeing next week. Nothings changed after Tuesdays game.

HoboHarry
23-01-2022, 06:16 PM

More deflection to ensure that their moronic fans aren't talking about their lack of activity in this transfer window.

Billy Whizz
23-01-2022, 06:16 PM
He was never due to be refereeing next week. Nothings changed after Tuesdays game.

He was ref at Kelty v St Johnstone yesterday

hibbysam
23-01-2022, 06:20 PM
He was ref at Kelty v St Johnstone yesterday

Yup, the referee appointments were out for next week before Tuesdays game. It’s sensationalist nonsense. We have more refs than top flight games. Says he’s been axed and has an article all centred around who has been picked rather than any quotes to quantify why he may have been ‘axed’.

majorhibs
23-01-2022, 08:24 PM
After all these years you really shouldn’t still be getting upset about how the F they get away with dictating how refereeing has gone & how they are wanting it to go. But after all these years it just cements how much the SFA from glesgae favour this team. Seriously, THEY call a meeting, w/out other team in game, w/out other teams in league, cos THEY don’t like a game they’ve been in, & they’re allowed it? Should be getting disciplined back into next week! That’s what a real association would do! But the SFA are h#ns & tics: After all these years I should be used to it! But I ain’t!

greenginger
23-01-2022, 10:38 PM

No, what we need to do is take control of our own league.

Members on league manage committee should demanding answers of why one club can get a sit down with officials. Any club with a gripe against some refereeing decision should request similar treatment.

hibbysam
23-01-2022, 10:42 PM
No, what we need to do is take control of our own league.

Members on league manage committee should demanding answers of why one club can get a sit down with officials. Any club with a gripe against some refereeing decision should request similar treatment.

Every club does have that treatment. People need to stop reading headlines and jumping to conclusions. It’s obviously been leaked to add pressure but it’s nothing out of the ordinary. Celtic chairman stated at their AGM that they have phone calls every week about decisions.

majorhibs
24-01-2022, 12:04 AM
Every club does have that treatment. People need to stop reading headlines and jumping to conclusions. It’s obviously been leaked to add pressure but it’s nothing out of the ordinary. Celtic chairman stated at their AGM that they have phone calls every week about decisions.

Please you & your favouritism for sevco, go somewhere else. Defending sevco against accusations of favouritism in they’re favour, are ye? Yeah, that is laughable, that’ll be the sevco & the entity who dodged tax to pay players more to play for them to beat Hibs & more in leagues & cups for more than a decade, & who now get more pens for less against etc as it has long time corruptly been, you I am calling out- say it again- nothing out of the ordinary where 2 X favoured glasgow teams are favoured over Hibs?

matty_f
24-01-2022, 12:21 AM
Please you & your favouritism for sevco, go somewhere else. Defending sevco against accusations of favouritism in they’re favour, are ye? Yeah, that is laughable, that’ll be the sevco & the entity who dodged tax to pay players more to play for them to beat Hibs & more in leagues & cups for more than a decade, & who now get more pens for less against etc as it has long time corruptly been, you I am calling out- say it again- nothing out of the ordinary where 2 X favoured glasgow teams are favoured over Hibs?

I can’t stand the Glasgow teams but the poster you’re inexplicably having a go at has not said anything wrong.

You need to calm down if you can’t post without teeing off at someone.

hibbysam
24-01-2022, 07:28 AM

Talk about high horses 😂 I replied to someone saying no one else gets the treatment of meetings after games with the SFA to discuss decisions which is just plain incorrect. Also that the ref hasn’t been axed as he was never down to referee. Facts are fairly important in stories. We all know rangers and Celtic get most decisions, it’s happened since I started going to the football and I can’t see it changing anytime soon. Won’t find me disputing that.

Tarrahib
24-01-2022, 07:37 AM
Talk about high horses 😂 I replied to someone saying no one else gets the treatment of meetings after games with the SFA to discuss decisions which is just plain incorrect. Also that the ref hasn’t been axed as he was never down to referee. Facts are fairly important in stories. We all know rangers and Celtic get most decisions, it’s happened since I started going to the football and I can’t see it changing anytime soon. Won’t find me disputing that.
Never let the facts get in the way of a good rumour.

LunasBoots
24-01-2022, 08:12 AM
Clancy did something that other officials dont and gave things against Rangers, he will have now learned from his mistake and next time will give everything in favour of them, its all about falling in line, pressure of that club is intimidating and officials cant be bothered with the hassle.

Fuzzywuzzy
24-01-2022, 08:48 AM
Clancy did something that other officials dont and gave things against Rangers, he will have now learned from his mistake and next time will give everything in favour of them, its all about falling in line, pressure of that club is intimidating and officials cant be bothered with the hassle.

For about £1k per match I would hope that he would be bothered with the hassle

Carheenlea
24-01-2022, 08:56 AM
That was Paul McGinn's mistake, obviously. He should have just said in the interview after the cup final he'd be looking to 'hold talks' with the SFA, and then he'd have avoided a ban presumably.

Joking apart, it’s an absolute scandal that Hibs are punished by way of Paul McGinn being banned for offering an opinion, while Rangers are invited in for tea and cakes for doing the same thing.

The Old Firm enjoy advantage over the rest in Scottish football in finance, match official favour and status. No sign of that changing any time soon.

matty_f
24-01-2022, 10:12 AM
Joking apart, it’s an absolute scandal that Hibs are punished by way of Paul McGinn being banned for offering an opinion, while Rangers are invited in for tea and cakes for doing the same thing.

The Old Firm enjoy advantage over the rest in Scottish football in finance, match official favour and status. No sign of that changing any time soon.

I think that’s more to do with the rules. There is a specific rule relating to players/officials questioning the competence or integrity of the match officials, which McGinn clearly breached and so from that perspective his punishment was justified.

I don’t think Rangers having a meeting with the SPFL/SFA (whichever one it was) to discuss decisions the referee made is the same, technically.

greenginger
24-01-2022, 10:19 AM
E

Rangers claiming the penalty should be retaken because the ball had moved.

They should be asked if they would have been happy for a retake if Aberdeen had missed ?

Another point, when the kick is being taken, the ref has to watch for encroachment into the penalty box , and the linesman job is to watch for goalkeepers staying on their line.

Nobody is is staring at the ball.

Carheenlea
24-01-2022, 10:23 AM
I think that’s more to do with the rules. There is a specific rule relating to players/officials questioning the competence or integrity of the match officials, which McGinn clearly breached and so from that perspective his punishment was justified.

I don’t think Rangers having a meeting with the SPFL/SFA (whichever one it was) to discuss decisions the referee made is the same, technically.

Both were offering their displeasure - don’t really see what the difference is. Depends who the complainant is of course.

PatHead
24-01-2022, 01:27 PM

Fair enough but what about when Slippy G had a go at Porto on various occasions. If memory serves me right he said that he should have been sent off after one game. Surely that is being critical of the referee?

Or how about a retrospective red card for McGregor last week?

Or when Celtic only had 2 fouls given against them in a game against us?

Or how Sevco only got a penalty against them in the league last season after they had won the thing?

Or how they have their own ends at Hampden?

I could go on but I think what gets on a lot of fans nerves is the special treatment that they both get, both on and off the pitch.

StevesFamau5
24-01-2022, 04:51 PM
I still can't understand why this is allowed. Why are Der Hun allowed to dictate whether a referee is competent enough to be selected to officiate a game? Or am I missing something?

I'm amazed at the lack of outrage from the rest of the SPFL. The rest of the clubs should get together and decide as one to not play Der Hun. Like literally just refuse to play them.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

hibbysam
24-01-2022, 05:55 PM
I still can't understand why this is allowed. Why are Der Hun allowed to dictate whether a referee is competent enough to be selected to officiate a game? Or am I missing something?

I'm amazed at the lack of outrage from the rest of the SPFL. The rest of the clubs should get together and decide as one to not play Der Hun. Like literally just refuse to play them.

Your missing something. Ignore the headline. The referee appointments were made before rangers even kicked a ball last week. Whether Clancy gave rangers 5 penalties or had to be complained about, he was never refereeing this week. It’s mischief making by the paper.

Iggy Pope
24-01-2022, 06:01 PM

You’re starting to sound a bit media if I’m honest.......

majorhibs
24-01-2022, 06:06 PM
Your missing something. Ignore the headline. The referee appointments were made before rangers even kicked a ball last week. Whether Clancy gave rangers 5 penalties or had to be complained about, he was never refereeing this week. It’s mischief making by the paper.

As we’re now hearing, said ref is unable to handle any more Rangers games while this is being “looked into” - egg on face for someone here? Point being sevco not satisfied with all that currently goes in their favour - they want the absolute lot, with only their favourites reffing. But you obv know all this already.

brog
24-01-2022, 06:16 PM
They even managed to get a penalty against our women's team today!!!

I just saw it, an absolute shocker, never a penalty.

Carheenlea
24-01-2022, 06:54 PM
As we’re now hearing, said ref is unable to handle any more Rangers games while this is being “looked into” - egg on face for someone here? Point being sevco not satisfied with all that currently goes in their favour - they want the absolute lot, with only their favourites reffing. But you obv know all this already.

Clancy is effectively being labelled unfit to officiate Rangers games because Rangers haven’t won a few games in which he was in charge, which has led to “talks”.

Got to love Scottish football.

StevesFamau5
24-01-2022, 07:44 PM
Clancy is effectively being labelled unfit to officiate Rangers games because Rangers haven’t won a few games in which he was in charge, which has led to “talks”.

Got to love Scottish football.And this is one of the most ridiculous parts of this saga. The Hun are literally choosing how the game is dictated in Scotland. Surely nowhere else in the world allows this to go on?

PatHead
24-01-2022, 07:56 PM

They haven't announced the referees for this weekend so how do you know he wasn't pencilled in to referee a match?

Before you say it I know that he didn't have a game this midweek.

Let's wait until this weekends appointments are announced tomorrow before looking at what has possibly happened.

hibbysam
24-01-2022, 09:06 PM
They haven't announced the referees for this weekend so how do you know he wasn't pencilled in to referee a match?

Before you say it I know that he didn't have a game this midweek.

Let's wait until this weekends appointments are announced tomorrow before looking at what has possibly happened.

The article is literally talking about the midweek games, and saying he was ‘axed’ from them. Which is untrue, and is what everyone is discussing and commenting on.

majorhibs
24-01-2022, 09:11 PM
The article is literally talking about the midweek games, and saying he was ‘axed’ from them. Which is untrue, and is what everyone is discussing and commenting on.

Not everyone. You.

hibbysam
24-01-2022, 09:23 PM
Not everyone. You.

Yeah your right, sorry, nobody has mentioned the SFA bowing to pressure from
Rangers, them getting meetings that nobody else get, and a referee being dropped from duty this midweek due to pressure.

majorhibs
24-01-2022, 10:23 PM
Yeah your right, sorry, nobody has mentioned the SFA bowing to pressure from
Rangers, them getting meetings that nobody else get, and a referee being dropped from duty this midweek due to pressure.

IMO you apologise very profusely for sevco. Yeah, that has been 1 of the many things mentioned, the midweek ref dropped caper from certain press. But on a Hibs website IMO again many are questioning HTF the SFA are allowing this outfit to pursue a ref & an agenda that will, as before IMO, hinder ref’s & our game & specific to me Hibs games V sevco. That’s my take. What is yours here & who are you trying to support? Cos it looks like your into defending stuff that is not in the interest of the team I support, mate!

hibbysam
24-01-2022, 10:41 PM
IMO you apologise very profusely for sevco. Yeah, that has been 1 of the many things mentioned, the midweek ref dropped caper from certain press. But on a Hibs website IMO again many are questioning HTF the SFA are allowing this outfit to pursue a ref & an agenda that will, as before IMO, hinder ref’s & our game & specific to me Hibs games V sevco. That’s my take. What is yours here & who are you trying to support? Cos it looks like your into defending stuff that is not in the interest of the team I support, mate!

No, I would just prefer facts to be out there rather than horrendous links to a rag which is going to do even less good for said referee. Whether it was rangers, Celtic, hearts or kelty, I’d still correct posters who have been misled by ‘journalists’ clickbait.

I don’t disagree with most of the rest of your post. Similarly the comments made by Ian Bankier at Celtics AGM were dangerous and for no other reason than to put pressure on. Both clubs know there is a title race this year for the first time in 10+ and are trying to eek out every advantage.

Unfortunately we are the ***** on the shoe as we always have been and as I said earlier, I don’t see that changing for the other 10 clubs anytime soon.

matty_f
24-01-2022, 10:47 PM
You’re starting to sound a bit media if I’m honest.......

What do you mean?

majorhibs
25-01-2022, 12:19 AM
No, I would just prefer facts to be out there rather than horrendous links to a rag which is going to do even less good for said referee. Whether it was rangers, Celtic, hearts or kelty, I’d still correct posters who have been misled by ‘journalists’ clickbait.

I don’t disagree with most of the rest of your post. Similarly the comments made by Ian Bankier at Celtics AGM were dangerous and for no other reason than to put pressure on. Both clubs know there is a title race this year for the first time in 10+ and are trying to eek out every advantage.

Unfortunately we are the ***** on the shoe as we always have been and as I said earlier, I don’t see that changing for the other 10 clubs anytime soon.

Politicians answer. Answer absolutely nothing, deflect the questions asked, turn it all around, make it about something else. As your obv a politician I won’t expect an answer anytime soon this millennium.

hibbysam
25-01-2022, 07:03 AM
Politicians answer. Answer absolutely nothing, deflect the questions asked, turn it all around, make it about something else. As your obv a politician I won’t expect an answer anytime soon this millennium.

😂😂 I’m not going to run with sensationalist nonsense just to have a go at rangers or even Celtic for that matter. I’ll say it again, every club can have meetings with the SFA and it happens on a weekly basis, Clancy wasn’t dropped from midweek fixtures. That’s the facts.

The rest of my post is based on the fact it’s been leaked to the media which is clearly a ploy to put pressure on, the same way it was when Bankier spoke at Celtic AGM.

If you want to blow a gasket over it then crack on, nothings going to change though.

Bostonhibby
25-01-2022, 07:13 AM
Jeez, why dont the SFA just look at how many games Clancy has handled involving Sevco, the victims here, since they formed recently then invite Sevco to say what figure per game they would like as compensation.

They could then move onto sorting out some arrangement to compensate them for the horrors they still suffer when compelled by a thuggish authority to meet Hibernian in cup ties.

Something must be done.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
25-01-2022, 08:37 AM

Ffs , first sending off and penalty awarded against them this season . They really are the most vile club in Scotland.

PatHead
25-01-2022, 12:10 PM
Kevin Clancy has been given the Dundee match this weekend so no suspension given following the The Rangers match or meeting.

mcohibs
25-01-2022, 01:16 PM
Have to say, I am surprised that Rangers are pressing for VAR introduction so much. The amount of dubious decisions they get in their favour far outweighs those that they get given against them.

If VAR is a 'leveller' then it will only work to their detriment. I think they may be too ignorant/ deluded to actually see that though.

HoboHarry
25-01-2022, 02:34 PM
I didn't believe this story when it came out - who leaked it to the media? It wasn't the authorities, you can bet on that. This was always to deflect from something and I thought from the start it was to deflect from their lack of transfer activity. The nonsense will ramp up now that Hagi is out for the season. They appear to be running on fumes financially and even their moronic fans will know that Celtic appear to be buying in quality.

hibbysam
25-01-2022, 02:58 PM
Kevin Clancy has been given the Dundee match this weekend so no suspension given following the The Rangers match or meeting.

Unsurprising. Article will have had plenty of clicks though so job done.