PDA

View Full Version : Fyvie

Diclonius
21-01-2022, 10:13 AM
Has put up a tweet thanking the Hibs fans for the reception when he came off and how much he enjoyed being back at ER.

Nice lad.

Blaster
21-01-2022, 10:21 AM
We should be treating all our cup winning legends like that.

Especially the ones still at the club

Mick O'Rourke
21-01-2022, 10:21 AM
Has put up a tweet thanking the Hibs fans for the reception when he came off and how much he enjoyed being back at ER.

Nice lad.

His controlled run and delayed pass to Stokes led to the corner that delivered the winning goal :greengrin
Fraser had a great final.
Awe the best tae him and Cove.

SlickShoes
21-01-2022, 10:31 AM
Legend

ajf
21-01-2022, 10:40 AM
Still only 28 ,plenty more visits to ER to come Fraser

Stonewall
21-01-2022, 11:04 AM
His controlled run and delayed pass to Stokes led to the corner that delivered the winning goal :greengrin

He did and I always felt he was the one that was really driving us on in that last ten minutes.

Crunchie
21-01-2022, 11:05 AM
We should be treating all our cup winning legends like that.

Especially the ones still at the club
:top marks

Spudster
21-01-2022, 11:19 AM
Every time we stand static at throw ins and inevitably lose possession I think of his movement for the throw in that led to the corner (and winning goal).

Jones28
21-01-2022, 11:21 AM
I thought we boo'd and sang abusive songs to our cup winning legends?

Or is that just Cummings?

On a side note, I wished we'd managed to sort something out with him to keep him.

Stokesy's on fire
21-01-2022, 11:36 AM
Fyvie is a legend and deserves the recognition he recieved yesterday. So much people think that he has "ended up" at cove. But it's clear to see Cove Rangers are a club with ambition and they pay good wages and they are aiming to make it all the way to the top.

wookie70
21-01-2022, 11:48 AM
Glad he got the applause I certainly stood to give him a clap. Terrible how Cummings was treated and happy Fraser has acknowledged the reception he rightly got.

MWHIBBIES
21-01-2022, 11:52 AM
I thought we boo'd and sang abusive songs to our cup winning legends?

Or is that just Cummings?

On a side note, I wished we'd managed to sort something out with him to keep him.

Me too. Very good player and professional.

Mick O'Rourke
21-01-2022, 11:52 AM
Fyvie is a legend and deserves the recognition he recieved yesterday. So much people think that he has "ended up" at cove. But it's clear to see Cove Rangers are a club with ambition and they pay good wages and they are aiming to make it all the way to the top.

Correct. Fraser could have opted for elsewhere before choosing Cove
Seem settled and happy in his hometown. Cove Bay is said to be a lovely place to stay.

Glory Lurker
21-01-2022, 11:55 AM

And he let the ball run out so we got the corner that led to the equaliser.

I was pleased to be able to join the applause for him last night. Legend.

Spudster
21-01-2022, 11:57 AM

He didn't want to play for Lennon but once he realised he couldn't get a better offer elsewhere the deal was pulled.

FastEddieFelson
21-01-2022, 12:01 PM

won the corner which led to the equaliser as well. i distinctly remember shouting "win a corner! win a corner" from my seat in the east stand as he shepherded the ball out of play.

so come to think of it, i'm largely to thank as well.

Since452
21-01-2022, 12:07 PM

The best poorly timed pass in history :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
21-01-2022, 12:13 PM

Every time I see it I expect the pass to go earlier than it did.

Mick O'Rourke
21-01-2022, 12:15 PM

Aye, and had Keatings been sharper,he might have got a "Hibs" knighthood :greengrin

The Harp Awakes
21-01-2022, 12:19 PM
A decent and likeable human being and top pro. Played a big part on that glorious day in 2016 :not worth

Jones28
21-01-2022, 12:23 PM
He didn't want to play for Lennon but once he realised he couldn't get a better offer elsewhere the deal was pulled.

I didn't know he didn't actually want to play for Lennon. My impression was he was looking for more money than we offered, but when nothing came in he came back to Hibs to be told the offer was no longer on the table.

Mick O'Rourke
21-01-2022, 12:26 PM

Lets call it.. the best "deliberately delayed" pass in history :greengrin

Mick O'Rourke
21-01-2022, 12:29 PM
won the corner which led to the equaliser as well. i distinctly remember shouting "win a corner! win a corner" from my seat in the east stand as he shepherded the ball out of play.

so come to think of it, i'm largely to thank as well.

His sharp thinking and timing of that was superb play.
Even though the hun tried to con the linesman it was a goal kick.

Glory Lurker
21-01-2022, 12:33 PM
Aye, and had Keatings been sharper,he might have got a "Hibs" knighthood :greengrin

Or he might have reacted, stretched, got contact but only enough that it became a goal kick. I see that happen every time I watch the DVD. I also see the Sevco crossfield at 3-2 find its man.

One day I will 100% accept we definitely did actually win it!

Tug Wilson
21-01-2022, 12:35 PM

Absolutely this. Every time I see it again I am convinced Keatings just has to stick a foot out to score.

Danderhall Hibs
21-01-2022, 12:38 PM
Absolutely this. Every time I see it again I am convinced Keatings just has to stick a foot out to score.

Same - a tiny stretch away from being the legend.

Spudster
21-01-2022, 12:46 PM
I didn't know he didn't actually want to play for Lennon. My impression was he was looking for more money than we offered, but when nothing came in he came back to Hibs to be told the offer was no longer on the table.

He would've signed elsewhere if there was a decent deal on offer just to get away from Lennon I was told (by one of Fyvie's mates).

Jones28
21-01-2022, 01:05 PM

He could have scored with his knob. So so unlucky.

Since452
21-01-2022, 01:14 PM
Or he might have reacted, stretched, got contact but only enough that it became a goal kick. I see that happen every time I watch the DVD. I also see the Sevco crossfield at 3-2 find its man.

One day I will 100% accept we definitely did actually win it!

Ah good old Barrie Mackay.

AZhibee
21-01-2022, 01:15 PM

Yep, miss the guy

NAE NOOKIE
21-01-2022, 01:27 PM
That last night is the sort of reception you should expect any of our cup winning legends to get whenever the come back to Easter Road. The way Jason Cummings was treated ( by some fans ) was shameful and if he ever comes back I hope those fans will correct it.

Mick O'Rourke
21-01-2022, 01:31 PM
He could have scored with his knob. So so unlucky.

Thats a bit hard on him ,is it no? :blushie:

RoxburghHibs
21-01-2022, 02:27 PM

Not sure that's true.

I was at the game last night with Fraser's old man Neil. Just a shame only 6k there but he did get a nice applause when he came off. Managed to met up with Paul McGinn and his dad in the stand for a chat at HT. Has to be said the McGinn's are very grounded and come across as a really friendly family. I can see why they have all done so well out of the game. Neil says that Fraser looks back on his time at Hibs as his best in his career by a long shot. Neil still enjoys going along to the odd Hibs game with us from time to time - says he has a real connection with the club now.

As for Fraser, he is happy playing for Cove and has a P/T coaching role with Aberdeen.

RIP
21-01-2022, 03:34 PM
He would've signed elsewhere if there was a decent deal on offer just to get away from Lennon I was told (by one of Fyvie's mates).

That’s not what Fraser is saying but maybe he’s keeping mum.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2020/05/20/he-was-in-tears-and-said-my-grandad-died-the-happiest-man-in-the-world-fraser-fyvie-on-hibs-2016-scottish-cup-triumph-hibs-scottish-cup-alan-stubbs-fa-cup-wigan-manchester-city-uwe-rosler/amp/

JimBHibees
21-01-2022, 09:25 PM
That last night is the sort of reception you should expect any of our cup winning legends to get whenever the come back to Easter Road. The way Jason Cummings was treated ( by some fans ) was shameful and if he ever comes back I hope those fans will correct it.

Those fans shouldn't be given the chance to correct it. Real Hibs fans should tell him how we feel about him.

Crunchie
21-01-2022, 09:28 PM
Those fans shouldn't be given the chance to correct it. Real Hibs fans should tell him how we feel about him.
He'll pretty much know the score :aok:

brog
21-01-2022, 09:37 PM
Lets call it.. the best "deliberately delayed" pass in history :greengrin

I think he did delay it Michael. He looked for the inside ball, saw it wasn't on an passed it to Stokesy's feet. Why not, Stokesy was destroying Tavernier anyway! Fraser played a huge part in our greatest moment and its lovely that there's mutual appreciation. Top player, top man, Hibs legend!

King Cosell
21-01-2022, 09:47 PM
I saw him at Haymarket after the Bonnyrigg game, talking to a few fans, waiting for a train to Aberdeen. He was on the pitch a full time and I went straight to the station after the game. Still can't get my head around it.

22-01-2022, 09:33 AM
I saw him at Haymarket after the Bonnyrigg game, talking to a few fans, waiting for a train to Aberdeen. He was on the pitch a full time and I went straight to the station after the game. Still can't get my head around it.

I'd guess that you walked there from Tynie and he got driven.

Callum_62
22-01-2022, 09:48 AM
I'd guess that you walked there from Tynie and he got driven.Mind. Blown.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Mick O'Rourke
22-01-2022, 09:59 AM
I think he did delay it Michael. He looked for the inside ball, saw it wasn't on an passed it to Stokesy's feet. Why not, Stokesy was destroying Tavernier anyway! Fraser played a huge part in our greatest moment and its lovely that there's mutual appreciation. Top player, top man, Hibs legend!

Yes ,it does seem that Fraser very much enjoyed his time here.
He was part of a terrific midfield group.
Like most said ,pity it didn't work out for him to extend his stay with us.
A very intelligent player;who knew exactly what he was doing at the Stokes pass and in winning the corner kick that led to second goal.
I read that he is the youngest ever player to turn out for Aberdeen,aged 16. He got MOTM in that debut too.

He was tipped for the top back then,but just like Jimmy O' at a similar age, a serious leg injury stalled progress.

SideBurns
22-01-2022, 12:35 PM
Yes ,it does seem that Fraser very much enjoyed his time here.
He was part of a terrific midfield group.
Like most said ,pity it didn't work out for him to extend his stay with us.
An very intelligent player who knew exactly what he was doing at the Stokes pass and in winning the corner kick that led to second goal.
I read that he is the youngest ever player to turn out for Aberdeen,aged 16. He got MOTM too.

He was tipped for the top back then,but just like Jimmy O' at a similar age, a serious leg injury stalled progress.

I might be wrong here, but did Ian Murray no' gie Fyvie a sair yin at Easter Road when Fraser was 16 or 17?

Billy Whizz
22-01-2022, 12:37 PM
I might be wrong here, but did Ian Murray no' gie Fyvie a sair yin at Easter Road when Fraser was 16 or 17?

He sure did, in front of the West. Was a bad bad tackle

22-01-2022, 12:38 PM
Mind. Blown.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

🤯

Moulin Yarns
22-01-2022, 12:47 PM
I remember being in Madrid after he signed, must have been mid season, and met some Aberdeen fans at an Atletico game, they were asking how he was doing for Hibs as they missed the driving force he was in the Aberdeen midfield. They were all complimentary about him.

Mick O'Rourke
22-01-2022, 01:18 PM

Your post had me googling, to see if i could find out where Fraser got his bad leg injury.
It was on the artificial surface at Alloa's ground in 2010.. he was age 17.
He was a bit "scared" when years later he played there again with us.
Article linked below on his fears,included in a report on his Hibs game at Alloa.
Nice picture there,too.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/fraser-fyvie-winner-scene-his-worst-injury-1511386

SideBurns
22-01-2022, 01:49 PM
Your post had me googling, to see if i could find out where Fraser got his bad leg injury.
It was on the artificial surface at Alloa's ground in 2010.. he was age 17.
He was a bit "scared" when years later he played there again with us.
Article linked below on his fears,included in a report on his Hibs game at Alloa.
Nice picture there,too.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/fraser-fyvie-winner-scene-his-worst-injury-1511386

Thanks Mick. Glad it wisnae Murray who gave him the really bad injury!

Enjoyed the report too (including the bit about Jason's alleged pagar in a fast food joint 😄).

Mick O'Rourke
22-01-2022, 02:04 PM
Thanks Mick. Glad it wisnae Murray who gave him the really bad injury!

Enjoyed the report too (including the bit about Jason's alleged pagar in a fast food joint ��).

Jason the Muffin Man

Barred oot of MacD's for lobbing chocolate muffins about the place.
Possibly practising his lobbing expertise for future semi final at Hampden.

Ala The Panenka Muffin !

Billy Whizz
22-01-2022, 02:11 PM
Jason the Muffin Man

Barred oot of MacD's for lobbing chocolate muffins about the place.
Possibly practising his lobbing expertise for future semi final at Hampden.

Ala The Panenka Muffin !
Mick, this is the one I was thinking of

https://www.hibs.net/archive/index.php/t-165327.html

Mick O'Rourke
22-01-2022, 02:29 PM
Mick, this is the one I was thinking of

https://www.hibs.net/archive/index.php/t-165327.html

Cheers ,Billy
Didn't read all the posts,but mixed opinions on Ian's "tackle" on Fraser.

Tough cookie was Ian,right enough.

I recall Celtic fans view years later that the infamous John Hughes tackle on Bobby Duncan was "fair"

Broken Gnome
22-01-2022, 02:33 PM
The Murray tackle was fine at the time - won the ball clean as day, and it was more the way Fyvie landed was it not? Would probably get booked for excessive force nowadays, but there was nothing dangerous about it as such.

Loved that game. McGhee was a right moaning ******* after it, even though Aberdeen's two red cards were nailed on.

rcarter1
22-01-2022, 02:36 PM
Nice to hear and great that we gave him a good reception. Unless a player turns up for our pantomime rivals/OF, then they deserve a clap.

Positivity is infectious. :thumbsup:

Mick O'Rourke
22-01-2022, 02:38 PM
The Murray tackle was fine at the time - won the ball clean as day, and it was more the way Fyvie landed was it not? Would probably get booked for excessive force nowadays, but there was nothing dangerous about it as such.

Loved that game. McGhee was a right moaning ******* after it, even though Aberdeen's two red cards were nailed on.

Right on cue,BG

Just unearthed this article on the Moanin' Dons about said game.
Willie Miller as well.... There is a shock!

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/DON%27T+BE+SO+SILLY+WILLIE%3B+THE+WHISTLE-BLOWER+ONLY+IN+RECORD+SPORT.-a0211196389

Liam978
22-01-2022, 02:39 PM

Opinions eh, the way i saw it was a two footed cruncher on the shy line when he was going nowhere. As much as i love Niddrie, felt really for Fraser.

Billy Whizz
22-01-2022, 02:41 PM
Cheers ,Billy
Didn't read all the posts,but mixed opinions on Ian's "tackle" on Fraser.

Tough cookie was Ian,right enough.

I recall Celtic fans view years later that the infamous John Hughes tackle on Bobby Duncan was "fair"

Quite a few posters on that thread, still on here posting😀

Mick O'Rourke
22-01-2022, 02:43 PM
Nice to hear and great that we gave him a good reception. Unless a player turns up for our pantomime rivals/OF, then they deserve a clap.

Positivity is infectious. :thumbsup:

Hear ! Hear !

Broken Gnome
22-01-2022, 02:55 PM
Opinions eh, the way i saw it was a two footed cruncher on the shy line when he was going nowhere. As much as i love Niddrie, felt really for Fraser.

My memory of it was that they were side by side and he swiped with one leg (wee bit like Robertson's red card v Spurs the other week, but winning the ball), rather than steaming in with two feet. Would need to see it again, but seemed a lot of fuss about nothing at the time (bar Fyvie's injury).

Liam978
22-01-2022, 03:05 PM
My memory of it was that they were side by side and he swiped with one leg (wee bit like Robertson's red card v Spurs the other week, but winning the ball), rather than steaming in with two feet. Would need to see it again, but seemed a lot of fuss about nothing at the time (bar Fyvie's injury).

That's fair doo's GB, both Hibbee legends. GG2TH.

Mick O'Rourke
22-01-2022, 03:48 PM
Quite a few posters on that thread, still on here posting��

Find this game v Aberdeen fascinating, if only for the controversial incidents involved tackles /red cards and the Magic Moroccans we had then.

Trying to find film of it.
This Herald report is good,if only for Yogi "threatening" press guys to get "facts" right re. Murray tackle :greengrin

https://www.heraldscotland.com/default_content/12608566.hibernian-2-aberdeen-0-onwards-upwards-hughes-men/

Argylehibby
22-01-2022, 03:53 PM

His part in the opener is not insignificant either. He was motoring up the middle to offer a pass from Stokes which gave the defender something to think about other than just getting across to Stokes.

Mick O'Rourke
22-01-2022, 04:00 PM
His part in the opener is not insignificant either. He was motoring up the middle to offer a pass from Stokes which gave the defender something to think about other than just getting across to Stokes.

Aye,of course he was. What an overall contribution on that famous day.

Arise ..Lord Fyvie of Cove Bay :not worth

Roxyhibee
22-01-2022, 05:20 PM
They were all heroes that day obviously and should remain like that in our history, but I thought Fyvie was absolutely outstanding that day. Very clever and composed. And crucial to the goals.

lexihibby
22-01-2022, 06:33 PM
If you look at the added time Rangers had two minutes and did nothing. Whene we got the throw in Fyvie broke their line and found Stokie. The rest is historically

bigwheel
22-01-2022, 07:03 PM
If you look at the added time Rangers had two minutes and did nothing. Whene we got the throw in Fyvie broke their line and found Stokie. The rest is historically

Yep. Major influence in the outcome that day with that play ….

Hibsred
22-01-2022, 10:30 PM
On his day gave out a midfield masterclass, think its
fair to say didn’t always do that but that’s not a problem.
I’m glad I saw him in a Hibs shirt. Still get stressed that pass to Stokes doesn’t make it.