PDA

View Full Version : Team when everyone s fit and available

Gordy M
20-01-2022, 10:13 PM
Been reading through various threads this evening and lots of posts about players leaving and new ones signing. What would everyones team be if everyone was fit and available.....if that ever happens. I kinda struggled, in a good way, and we def have a potentially decent team/squad.....i went 3 - 4 - 3

Macey

Porto
Hanlon
Clarke

Doig
Mcgennis
Newell
Cadden

Nisbet
Doidge
Mueller

Thoughts?

I left out Merkleson until his visa comes through

Franck Stanton
20-01-2022, 10:59 PM
Been reading through various threads this evening and lots of posts about players leaving and new ones signing. What would everyones team be if everyone was fit and available.....if that ever happens. I kinda struggled, in a good way, and we def have a potentially decent team/squad.....i went 3 - 4 - 3

Macey

Porto
Hanlon
Clarke

Doig
Mcgennis
Newell
Cadden

Nisbet
Doidge
Mueller

Thoughts?

I left out Merkleson until his visa comes through

Strong team, however, imo would replace Newell with Henderson who is much more attack minded, Newell slows the game down & passes back/sideways too often.

Gordy M
20-01-2022, 11:01 PM
Strong team, however, imo would replace Newell with Henderson who is much more attack minded, Newell slows the game down & passes back/sideways too often.

Yeh Newell was one of the ones wasnt sure about, JDH or Henderson could easily fit in there. :aok:

Unseen work
21-01-2022, 02:58 PM
……………………Macey……………….

………Clarke….Porteous…..Hanlon….

Cadden…Magennis…Newell…..Doig….

…………Mueller…………Melkersen….

………………………Nisbet…….

Melkersen if he’s any good of course, also depends who replaces Boyle.

JDH and Newell could both be in the team if Magennis played in the Melkersen role but for me I’d want as many attackers as possible the way we’re playing.

That leaves

Mitchell
Dabrowski

McGinn
Rocky
McGregor
Stevenson
Mackie

Gogic
Hallberg
JDH
Campbell
Allan
Wright
Bradley
Henderson
Murphy

Scott
Doidge

Plenty of them could leave without any impact.

MWHIBBIES
21-01-2022, 03:04 PM

Henderson looks a tier below Newell based on Wednesday.

Fergus52
21-01-2022, 03:35 PM

Henderson and magennis as a double pivot has very little defensive ability and would give the back 3 zero protection.

Posters moan about us getting over ran in midfield as it is just now, would be even worse with that pairing.

Scooter
21-01-2022, 04:05 PM
Not who I think but how it sounds like shaun will

........................Macey

..........Roxy porteous Hanlon

Clarke..............................Doig

...........Newell.......Henderson

Muller...................................... melkersen
.........................Nisbet

#2 Double Tap
21-01-2022, 06:12 PM
4-3-3

clarke--porto--hanlon--doig

----cadden--newell--magennis

----muller---doidge--henderson

3-4-3

----rocky--porto--hanlon

cadden-campbell-magennis-doig

----muller-doidge-henderson

4-4-2

cadden, porto, hanlon, doig

muller, campbell, magennis, henderson

-----doidge, nisbet

ahibby
21-01-2022, 06:13 PM

Yes, with such a potentially young team experienced central midfielder required

cabbageandribs1875
21-01-2022, 09:53 PM
i'm looking forward to the competition for places at the back

Rocky/lewis/Josh doig/PH/RP/Clarke

a good headache for maloney

SMAXXA
21-01-2022, 09:59 PM

You can’t judge the boy after what an hour it was his first game for ages and first for the club. Let’s reserve judgement for another couple of months

Since452
21-01-2022, 10:02 PM
You can’t judge the boy after what an hour it was his first game for ages and first for the club. Let’s reserve judgement for another couple of months

I wasn't impressed either. First game yes but compare him to Mueller who was obvious quality. You could see it straight away first game or not. Fingers crossed he becomes a good player for us.

MWHIBBIES
21-01-2022, 10:03 PM

I can judge his performance on wednesday. Which I said was all I was judging him on.

Remember, he was against a league 1 side.

SMAXXA
21-01-2022, 10:18 PM
I can judge his performance on wednesday. Which I said was all I was judging him on.

Remember, he was against a league 1 side.

Point is mate he’s not played many games and trying to get used to new team mates and a new system I would be loathed to take too much from Wednesday but your entitled to your opinion.

Our biggest problem will be getting a settled team IMO. Something we need to nail ASAP once suspensions are over.

SMAXXA
21-01-2022, 10:20 PM
I wasn't impressed either. First game yes but compare him to Mueller who was obvious quality. You could see it straight away first game or not. Fingers crossed he becomes a good player for us.

No sure your last comment is accurate about seeing it straight away, I’d argue the player we lost today would fall into that mould based on when he first signed for Hibs. He has quality you can see that and I trust he will become a big player for us.

MWHIBBIES
21-01-2022, 10:28 PM
Point is mate he’s not played many games and trying to get used to new team mates and a new system I would be loathed to take too much from Wednesday but your entitled to your opinion.

Our biggest problem will be getting a settled team IMO. Something we need to nail ASAP once suspensions are over.

I'm not saying he is hopeless or anything, just poor on Thursday. Murphy looked the much better player in that position.

WeeRussell
21-01-2022, 10:32 PM
What was happening on Wednesday that every keeps going on about?

No wonder our players all looked sluggish on Thursday night!

SMAXXA
21-01-2022, 10:48 PM
I'm not saying he is hopeless or anything, just poor on Thursday. Murphy looked the much better player in that position.

I actually thought Murphy was poor when he came on opinions eh 😂

Borderhibbie76
22-01-2022, 08:52 AM
I actually thought Murphy was poor when he came on opinions eh 😂

Don't see where u form that opinion from mate? Murphy has his faults but we were far more threatening going forward when he came on...he also made Doig play better on the left I thought