PDA

View Full Version : JC on Celtic TV

Percy Vere
18-01-2022, 02:20 PM
Is it just me or does JC rub other people completely the wrong way. Liked him as a player but not as a manager or a pundit.
I also thought he was a Hibby but last night it was “we” this and “us” that on Celtic TV. Also thought Hartson was tiring of his patter.

JimBHibees
18-01-2022, 02:24 PM
Is it just me or does JC rub other people completely the wrong way. Liked him as a player but not as a manager or a pundit.
I also thought he was a Hibby but last night it was “we” this and “us” that on Celtic TV. Also thought Hartson was tiring of his patter.

Brought up a Celtic fan

hibbysam
18-01-2022, 02:27 PM

Was going to bring this up earlier and didn’t bother. Saying he hopes they take 5/6 off us. No time for him at all, anytime I hear him I still just think he’s got ideas way above his station.

Carheenlea
18-01-2022, 02:41 PM
Brought up a Celtic fan

Brought up in Galashiels, only a mere 2 hours away from Celtic Park.

The classic Scottish glory hunter. Hundreds of thousands of them populate towns nowhere near Glasgow.

Frazerbob
18-01-2022, 03:02 PM
He’s not a Hibs fan, never has been and doesn’t refer to us as ‘us’ or ‘we’ when on Hibs TV. He is an ex player and manager who clearly developed an affection for us. He is a Celtic fan and has never hid the fact. Can’t believe the fuss around this on the FB pages. Who cares!

Golden Bear
18-01-2022, 03:03 PM
He’s not a Hibs fan, never has been and doesn’t refer to us as ‘us’ or ‘we’ when on Hibs TV. He is an ex player and manager who clearly developed an affection for us. He is a Celtic fan and has never hid the fact. Can’t believe the fuss around this on the FB pages. Who cares!

Exactly!

Conj
18-01-2022, 03:10 PM

The classic Scottish glory hunter. Hundreds of thousands of them populate towns nowhere near Glasgow.

Brought up by a father who had moved from Glasgow and was a Celtic fan. He only signed for Hibs at a young age because it was easier to get the bus to Edinburgh than Glasgow after his dad broke his leg and couldn't drive him to Celtic training.

Shrekko
18-01-2022, 03:12 PM

Hartson has a cheek if that's the case- he's one of a line of ex-Old Firm players who's jumped on that post career gravy train by being as sycophantic as he can towards them and their fans even on national broadcasts. He was supposedly an ardent Swansea fan who was desperate to sign for Rangers at one point... but now Mr Celtic. Totally makes me cringe.

JC actually was referring to Hibs as "we" when he did a bit of Hibs tv last season, but everyone knows Celtic are his club with us 2nd.

FilipinoHibs
18-01-2022, 03:35 PM
think he could have shown a bit of respect. Most football fans in the Borders follow the old Firm sadly - bit of it down to the Glasgow over spill after the war. The great Hibs teams if the 50s/60s/70s meant many us followed Hibs. It was an easy train ride to Waverley then a walk to ER to.

JimBHibees
18-01-2022, 03:44 PM

Pretty sure his dad was from Glasgow

LunasBoots
18-01-2022, 03:55 PM
Dont see the fuss, see it a bit differently to say the Thompson situation and his love in for Rangers

Mick O'Rourke
18-01-2022, 04:03 PM
He managed a Hibs cup winning team.
He did not win much with Celtic .The Glasgow team that died were dominant at that time.
No doubt that John was genuinely touched at Hampden that day,as the Hibernian Choir belted out our anthem.
Am sure he will rate that more than his SC win with Celtic.
Pity it ended the way it did.

Carheenlea
18-01-2022, 04:57 PM
Brought up by a father who had moved from Glasgow and was a Celtic fan. He only signed for Hibs at a young age because it was easier to get the bus to Edinburgh than Glasgow after his dad broke his leg and couldn't drive him to Celtic training.

Pretty sure his dad was from Glasgow

I suppose that’s fair do’s.

Jones28
18-01-2022, 04:58 PM

Exactly.

Shock horror he bigs up Celtic in Celtic TV.

Since452
18-01-2022, 05:02 PM
If Collins was chocolate he'd eat himself but not really fussed one way or the other about him.

allmodcons
18-01-2022, 05:04 PM
He's an arrogant welt.

Have heard him talk about Hibs a few times now and really do not like the way he talks about us.

Easy to see how he lost the dressing room at Hibs.

Great player in his day but now just an arrogant, ill informed, over opinionated ex pro.

The 90+2
18-01-2022, 05:12 PM
JC used to be a very good pundit before he came to us as manager for what I can remember.

He's not a Hibs man nor got very much affection for us. He's a John Collins fan. Give me Pat Nevin every day of the week.

sleeping giant
18-01-2022, 05:25 PM
At one point he said he hoped they went on to score 5 or 6.

Brizo
18-01-2022, 05:31 PM
JC used to be a very good pundit before he came to us as manager for what I can remember.

He's not a Hibs man nor got very much affection for us. He's a John Collins fan. Give me Pat Nevin every day of the week.

in a nutshell

Iggy Pope
18-01-2022, 05:35 PM
At one point he said he hoped they went on to score 5 or 6.

Half time. He said he was greedy! And wanted 5 or 6.
Ex-player, ex-manager not the sort of decorum you’d expect even if they go on to get 10. His big mucker Yogi would’ve stopped well short of that. If Kevin Thomson had said this as a TV hun we would be on page 100 by now wouldn’t we.

Iggy Pope
18-01-2022, 05:42 PM

Must have been easier to get the bus to Hutchie then not Hibs?
Hibs put him in digs just like Celtic would have done if they’d been interested in nurturing him.

Tom Hart RIP
18-01-2022, 05:54 PM
Met John several times and can’t talk highly enough of him. Never found him to be arrogant. Good sense of humour and happy to talk about his playing days. Never heard him say a bad word about Hibs. Loved his time as a player with us. Always happy to do stuff for charity, in face he recently walked up Ben Nevis to raise money for an injured Gala Fairydean Rovers player to get a private operation.

AliboyFC
18-01-2022, 06:04 PM

Hes a tosser.

bigwheel
18-01-2022, 06:06 PM
Met John several times and can’t talk highly enough of him. Never found him to be arrogant. Good sense of humour and happy to talk about his playing days. Never heard him say a bad word about Hibs. Loved his time as a player with us. Always happy to do stuff for charity, in face he recently walked up Ben Nevis to raise money for an injured Gala Fairydean Rovers player to get a private operation.

Good to hear from someone who actually has spent time with him…most of these posts are just outraged because he took a Celtic position in last nights coverage ….

Iggy Pope
18-01-2022, 06:08 PM
Good to hear from someone who actually has spent time with him…most of these posts are just outraged because he took a Celtic position in last nights coverage ….

I’ve met him too mind you. On a professional level as well. I’m not outraged mind you, just disappointed about what a creep he is!

Percy Vere
18-01-2022, 06:31 PM

It’s not that I care. He just really annoys me. We cart him out every so often and he appears to be a Hibs fan. But clearly not. That’s absolutely fine.

hibbysam
18-01-2022, 06:32 PM

I’ve spoken with KT and he couldn’t speak highly enough about Hibs. Doesn’t mean I’m any less disappointed when he sells himself to the devil along the M8. Collins goes under the exact same banner when he’s hoping we ship 5/6 goals in a game. Bit of respect costs nothing!

Percy Vere
18-01-2022, 06:36 PM

I actually know a chap who was a bank manager in Edinburgh but lived in Gala.
JC was struggling to get up and down to Hibs for training and by all accounts was considering packing it in. He offered him a lift from then on.
Don’t know when he picked up his Peacock suit, not in Gala, Mibbe Monaco.

Percy Vere
18-01-2022, 06:40 PM
I’ve met him too mind you. On a professional level as well. I’m not outraged mind you, just disappointed about what a creep he is!

Yup. I’m not outraged. Just really really gives me the hibbyjeebees.
Awful man. And very disrespectful last night wanting Hibs to get tanked.
Not welcome at ER as far as I’m concerned. Terrible pundit, terrible manager.

Hillsidehibby
18-01-2022, 06:45 PM

A bit of respect was all that was needed. Dont care that he's Celtic minded.

Did he not think for a second that there would be a fair few Hibs fans watching on PPV?

cabbageandribs1875
18-01-2022, 06:46 PM
no matter who he supports he should never be asking/hoping for ANY team to take 5 or 6 off of hibs, what a bitter little joaby