PDA

View Full Version : Team v Cove

Since452
18-01-2022, 09:14 AM
Thoughts?

Hopefully Melkersen has his work permit sorted out so he can play. I'd drop Nisbet and play him up with Doidge. Henderson, Mueller and Rocky to start would be good too. Cove are going well but i fully expect a win and performane.

muzzando
18-01-2022, 09:45 AM
Dabrowski
Rocky Hanlon Stevenson
Cadden Newell Henderson Doig
Boyle Mueller
Doidge

Would be good to get Dabrowski playing in some of the early rounds of the cup as well getting debuts for some more of the new signings and more game time into Rocky (fingers crossed Melkerson has his work permit in time and can at least make the bench). Also think Doidge has to start and give him a chance to start one of his scoring sprees.
Excited to see Mueller, Melkerson and Henderson. Would be looking to get Melkerson and Tait on from the bench ASAP if the tie is looking comfortable

hibby rae
18-01-2022, 09:52 AM
I think we'll see at least 3 changes.

Nothing to do with performances, purely cause it's only 3 days after the last game and Maloney will be keen to get games into as many legs as possible.

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2022, 10:00 AM
Dabrowski
Rocky Hanlon Stevenson
Boyle Mueller
Doidge

Would be good to get Dabrowski playing in some of the early rounds of the cup as well getting debuts for some more of the new signings and more game time into Rocky (fingers crossed Melkerson has his work permit in time and can at least make the bench). Also think Doidge has to start and give him a chance to start one of his scoring sprees.
Excited to see Mueller, Melkerson and Henderson. Would be looking to get Melkerson and Tait on from the bench ASAP if the tie is looking comfortable

I’d go with that team.

number9dream
18-01-2022, 10:11 AM
A chance for Maloney to assess a few more players. Henderson should get game time but has only played 20 minutes for Celtic this season and I don't think he was in the B team at all. Is it worth giving Hallberg a chance? He would provide more energy than JDH and Campbell was very poor last night.
We also have to figure out a way to play without Boyle in the next few matches, so it would be nice to see what Mueller can do. Doidge really needs some action to regain fitness and confidence.
Does the manager give Nesbit a rest or think it's important for him to grab a goal after that horror miss?
Cove will be no pushovers - they've got some handy experienced players and have kept seven clean sheets in a row.

Nicho87
18-01-2022, 10:38 AM
Dabrowski
Rocky Hanlon Stevenson
Cadden JDH Henderson Doig
Allan
Doidge Melkerson (if allowed)

hibbysam
18-01-2022, 10:47 AM
Cove are a decent enough side, so Boyle plays for me.

Either keeper - arguments for both in a cup tie.
Rocky and Hanlon with one other at centre half.
Allan
Boyle Mueller

Possibly play Henderson where Allan is and JDH in the middle again. Would expect Newell would have more licence to get forward. McGregor may play centre half as well.

B.H.F.C
18-01-2022, 10:54 AM
Hard to tell as don’t have any idea who is available, who we’ll deem ready to play.

Dabrowski

Rocky, Hanlon and one other.

Cadden and Doig wide.

A combination in the middle of the park that isn’t Newell and JDH.

Boyle, Doidge and one other.

The 90+2
18-01-2022, 11:02 AM
I don't think Maloney will drop Nisbet.

Brightside
18-01-2022, 11:17 AM
Hard to tell as don’t have any idea who is available, who we’ll deem ready to play.

Dabrowski

Rocky, Hanlon and one other.

Cadden and Doig wide.

A combination in the middle of the park that isn’t Newell and JDH.

Boyle, Doidge and one other.

Agree with this. JDH and Henderson for me. I’d have mueller and Boyle behind Doidge. 3421.

Smartie
18-01-2022, 11:29 AM
I don't think Maloney will drop Nisbet.

Neither do I.

I think it might end up being his first costly, repeat mistake.

Maloney's a rookie though and we're going to need to allow him to make a few mistakes along the way. Persisting with an out of form internationalist striker shouldn't appear all that wild on paper.

Eventually, either Nisbet bucks his ideas up, he leaves or he suffers the inevitable.

I'd have him dropped pronto, but I've got the benefit of watching Nisbet toil for about 11 or 12 months more than Maloney has.

flash
18-01-2022, 11:39 AM
Neither do I.

Maloney's a rookie though and we're going to need to allow him to make a few mistakes along the way. Persisting with an out of form internationalist striker shouldn't appear all that wild on paper.

Eventually, either Nisbet bucks his ideas up, he leaves or he suffers the inevitable.

I'd have him dropped pronto, but I've got the benefit of watching Nisbet toil for about 11 or 12 months more than Maloney has.

i have a niggling feeling that Nisbet will come good under Maloney.

If we persist playing out from the back, which we will, there will be much more space for our forward players on the occasions when we break the lines of the opposition.

I am not so bothered about his miss last night more the fact he doesn't keep the ball nearly often enough in contact.

Smartie
18-01-2022, 11:54 AM
i have a niggling feeling that Nisbet will come good under Maloney.

If we persist playing out from the back, which we will, there will be much more space for our forward players on the occasions when we break the lines of the opposition.

I am not so bothered about his miss last night more the fact he doesn't keep the ball nearly often enough in contact.

I'd thought Nisbet had looked better throughout December so had no issue with him starting last night.

Only just now have I seen the miss - and I actually think it looks a lot worse than it actually was. The ball comes at pace and I think he expects the defender to get something on it. It was certainly a good chance, he does a bit better and it goes in, a bit worse and Wright taps it in.

Totally agree with your last point - and that was the problem last night. I would argue that the lazy "ballooned" effort before half time annoyed me more than the sitter. He was giving it away constantly and his body language and facial expression makes it hard to support him at times. It's a key role in the team and we need the right player with the right skill set to make it work.

I remember Mixu, for all he had failings in his game, being absolutely integral to the way the excellent Sauzee/ Latapy team played. I think we're looking for a slightly more mobile Mixu (what a player that would be, right enough) rather than whatever Nisbet is.

The place to start would probably be to play Doidge and see how he gets on.

007 Mickey Weir
18-01-2022, 11:59 AM
Macey
Cadden Rocky Hanlon Doig
Boyle Henderson Newell Murphy
Doidge Nisbet

heretoday
18-01-2022, 12:04 PM
Put out the best side available. Cove will be difficult.

heid the baw
18-01-2022, 12:06 PM
We've not suffered an embarrassing cup exit for a good while. Every team, no matter how good, has a few of them during their history.
This Cove tie has all the potential of turning into a day when nothing goes your way. For that reason I would go for a full strength lineup

MrRobot
18-01-2022, 12:07 PM
hope to see doidge, mueller, henderson and melkersom start.

would also be good to see dabrowski get a game.

Smartie
18-01-2022, 12:08 PM
I totally agree with those who say we treat this tie with the utmost seriousness and play our best side.

I'm just not sure at all what our best side is.

truehibernian
18-01-2022, 12:24 PM
Put out the best side available. Cove will be difficult.

It’ll be a very difficult game, strongest side possible to get back to winning ways.

Tyler Durden
18-01-2022, 12:34 PM
Of course we should be respectful but let's no get carried away. I follow Cove fairly closely for betting purposes. They're obviously used to winning games but they'd be mid table to bottom half of the Championship. Which itself is a poor quality league. They've won their last 3 games 1-0 against the likes of Peterhead and Montrose.

We could make 11 changes and I'd be expecting us to win comfortably.

I'd like to see Henderson, Mueller and Doidge playing, hopefully Melkerson off the bench if he's available.

EVENTUALLY
18-01-2022, 01:05 PM
Dabrowski

Rocky Hanlon Stevenson

Cadden Allan Henderson Doig

Mueller Melkersen Boyle

If Melkersen's work permit is delayed I'd throw in Ethan Laidlaw
or Josh O'Connor or Connor Young

Bobo
18-01-2022, 01:20 PM
I'd go with:

Macey
Cadden Bushiri Stevenson
Boyle Henderson Doyle-Hayes Mueller
Allan
Doidge Melkersen

Subs
Dabrowski
Doig
Murphy
Tait
Newell
Wright
Nisbet

We need to be on the front foot and up the tempo from the start so we impose ourselves on the game. Everything tends to be too slow and unproductive in possession, for my liking, we can't allow teams to sit in and close ranks and must move the ball forward with a purpose and at pace.

heretoday
18-01-2022, 01:52 PM
It’ll be a very difficult game, strongest side possible to get back to winning ways.

Those contemplating anything less need to remember this is Hibs we're talking about.

andrew70
18-01-2022, 02:00 PM
Hopefully it will be:

Dabrowski
Bushiri, Hanlon, Stevenson
Cadden, Hallberg, JDH, Doig
Mueller, Nisbet, Henderson

Obviously would prefer Boyle to play but I am justnot sure if there's something bubbling away.

Hallberg deserves a start, never let Hibs down. Dabrowski needs an opportunity.

I don't think he'll drop Nisbet. We may all think he should but if it is confidence, as a manager, you are never going to drop him for missing a chance. Especially with the positive way he spoke about him.

All in all a more than capable team but need competition for Cadden and Doig. Will not be an easy game.

Scooter
18-01-2022, 02:03 PM
Macey

Rocky
DAZ
Hanlon

Cadden
Doig

Henderson
JDH

Muller
Doidge
Merkersen

St Pauli Hibee
18-01-2022, 02:08 PM
Macey

Cadden
Rocky
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mueller
Henderson
JDH
Boyle

Doidge
Nisbet

The 90+2
18-01-2022, 02:17 PM
Neither do I.

If it's confidence he may just need a goal. He was poor last night and, although I don't understand why, Maloney said that Nisbet was our best player against Dundee Utd.

I don't understand why McGregor wasn't given a look in last night either, considering he played and scored in the game before.

I would go:

Macey

Rocky McGregor Hanlon

Wright Cadden Newell Henderson Stevenson

Boyle Nisbet

Tambo
18-01-2022, 02:27 PM
Is Tait injured? Would like to see what he can offer but definitely put the best team out we can.

Tyler Durden
18-01-2022, 02:40 PM
If it's confidence he may just need a goal. He was poor last night and, although I don't understand why, Maloney said that Nisbet was our best player against Dundee Utd.

I don't understand why McGregor wasn't given a look in last night either, considering he played and scored in the game before.

I would go:

Macey

Rocky McGregor Hanlon

Wright Cadden Newell Henderson Stevenson

Boyle Nisbet

What game was that?

Unseen work
18-01-2022, 02:53 PM
I’m actually really nervous for Thursday.

I was happy to hear Maloney mention how good a team they are as I was getting scared he might completely change the starting eleven to give boys a chance/minutes - he still might do that as he expects the players playing to be good enough to win.

I’d want to make a couple of changes;

…………..…………Macey……………….

………Rocky…….Hanlon…..Stevenson….

Cadden…….JDH……….Henderson…..Doig…..

…………….Boyle…………Mueller……

……………………….Doidge…….

Hopefully Tait gets some minutes too and Melkersen’s work permit comes through.

The 90+2
18-01-2022, 03:04 PM
What game was that?

No game. I was thinking of how well Caddens been doing at the same time :greengrin

The 90+2
18-01-2022, 03:07 PM

I was happy to hear Maloney mention how good a team they are as I was getting scared he might completely change the starting eleven to give boys a chance/minutes - he still might do that as he expects the players playing to be good enough to win.

…………..…………Macey……………….

…………….Boyle…………Mueller……

……………………….Doidge…….

Cove are probably better than half the teams in the league below and full of confidence so I hope we don't experiment that much. With 5 subs (I think) it will be easy enough to give guys minutes if the game is as good as over at some point. I'm worried we will struggle to break them down with the lack of creativity we seem to have.

B.H.F.C
18-01-2022, 09:07 PM

…………..…………Macey……………….

…………….Boyle…………Mueller……

……………………….Doidge…….

Something similar to that would do for me.

I think Henderson will play, it’s just a case of where.

We need to get Cadden and Doig wide on either side, they were a big part of the good things in his first two games. Cadden was our best player last night but we had no threat down the other side.

MWHIBBIES
18-01-2022, 09:14 PM
Tait should be starting this imo. He's fit, been playing well and the type of midfielder we need.

joebakerforever
18-01-2022, 09:36 PM
Surprised Elias Melkersen whose signing was announced on 5th January, apparently is still waiting for official clearance to be registered as a player some 13 days later.

What is the problem?

JimBHibees
18-01-2022, 09:41 PM
Tait should be starting this imo. He's fit, been playing well and the type of midfielder we need.

Is he fit assumed he would have been in the squad yesterday

Heisenberg
18-01-2022, 09:56 PM
Surprised Elias Melkersen whose signing was announced on 5th January, apparently is still waiting for official clearance to be registered as a player some 13 days later.

What is the problem?

Delays due to Brexit by the looks of it. He’s only got a slim chance of being available for Motherwell going by the article I’ve just read.

MWHIBBIES
18-01-2022, 10:16 PM
Is he fit assumed he would have been in the squad yesterday

I assume so, been playing every week hasn't he? May be wrong

HFC93
18-01-2022, 10:17 PM

What is the problem?

Brexit

SMAXXA
18-01-2022, 10:39 PM
I assume so, been playing every week hasn't he? May be wrong

Unwell I think

1875Sean
18-01-2022, 11:14 PM
Struggling to see why JDH makes so many peoples teams, for he he offers very little, looked good when he first came in but can’t remember his last good game

Callum_62
19-01-2022, 12:12 AM

What is the problem?

The good old work permit system. Welcome to the real word

Looking like possibly by the end of the month - thats quick by normal folk standards

Im not sure why Celtic got the Japanese folk permits so quick though - weird one that

EDIT - this was meant to continue but the EEN article puts that in question?

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-and-hibs-still-able-to-recruit-overseas-players-after-visa-u-turn-3484646

JimBHibees
19-01-2022, 05:52 AM
Struggling to see why JDH makes so many peoples teams, for he he offers very little, looked good when he first came in but can’t remember his last good game

Excellent against Dundee United

J-C
19-01-2022, 07:41 AM

Been crap since he got his new contract.

Brightside
19-01-2022, 10:15 AM
Been crap since he got his new contract.

Cmon. Your posting is really negative at the minute. He was excellent against Dundee Utd. Poor against Celtic, until they took their foot off the gas. He remains one of our best players.

Highwayman
19-01-2022, 11:05 AM

…………..…………Macey……………….

…………….Boyle…………Mueller……

……………………….Doidge…….

I would go with this team if I had all the information

That information would be what are the fitness levels of Doidge and Mueller.

If they’re still considered not fit to start I would move Henderson up beside Boyle and slot Campbell in beside JDH.

Consider there would then be no alternative but to play Nisbet up front again more in hope than expectation.

Time will tell but Hibs better beware this Cove Rangers team.My impression is that they would give a good account of themselves in the top five of the Championship.

J-C
19-01-2022, 11:07 AM
Cmon. Your posting is really negative at the minute. He was excellent against Dundee Utd. Poor against Celtic, until they took their foot off the gas. He remains one of our best players.

Started off well and got his new deal, hasn't been the same since that and getting Covid. The whole team were decent against united. The players have been bang average for months, hence why Ross got booted, we need more than one good game in five from most of these players. There's a good player in the, I just want to see it more, same could ge said of most of them, new manager and a few new players will hopefully see better more consistent football.

erin go bragh
19-01-2022, 11:09 AM
Get Nisbet and Doidge up front please .

1875Sean
19-01-2022, 12:20 PM

Don’t see how he can be seen as one of our best players based on this season? A lot of chat of it being him or newell having to make way and for me newell is a better player, know they are different but I don’t see him being one of our top players

hibbyfraelibby
19-01-2022, 01:10 PM
You only realistically have a chance of winning cups so you dont mess about at 4th round stage playing experimental teams.

The strongest team needs to be played.

JammyDoidger
19-01-2022, 02:53 PM
Sick of the sight of a few first team players that are contributing hee haw.

Dabrowksi (he needs a chance, he must be garbage if he can't play ahead of macey)

Cadden
Rocky
Hanlon
Stevenson

Tait
JDH
Henderson

Boyle
Doidge
Mueller

Inconsequential
19-01-2022, 04:22 PM
Sick of the sight of a few first team players that are contributing hee haw.

Dabrowksi (he needs a chance, he must be garbage if he can't play ahead of macey)

Cadden
Rocky
Hanlon
Stevenson

Tait
JDH
Henderson

Boyle
Doidge
Mueller Why put a more garbage keeper in goals? Bizarre logic. What exactly has Macey done wrong? Don't get the Macey bashing on here at all, at all.

B.H.F.C
19-01-2022, 05:11 PM
Why put a more garbage keeper in goals? Bizarre logic. What exactly has Macey done wrong? Don't get the Macey bashing on here at all, at all.

Remember last season, Macey signed and got the cup games, despite not being as good as the other goalie. Dabrowski has never played, which isn’t ideal if he needs to play at some point. Should be getting a chance in a game like this.

Since452
19-01-2022, 05:14 PM
Remember last season, Macey signed and got the cup games, despite not being as good as the other goalie. Dabrowski has never played, which isn’t ideal if he needs to play at some point. Should be getting a chance in a game like this.

There is very little to choose between Marciano and Macey.

BoomtownHibees
19-01-2022, 05:15 PM

In my opinion Marciano was way better

easty
19-01-2022, 05:24 PM
In my opinion Marciano was way better

Mines too. It’s not even close.

Stuart93
19-01-2022, 06:45 PM

Macey’s not in Rockys league unfortunately. Only thing similar about them is their poor distribution

Shrekko
19-01-2022, 08:12 PM
People’s agendas getting in the way of rational opinion yet again with Macey. The guy has done virtually nothing wrong, is better at commanding his box than Marciano (not hard) and also a good shot stopper. Ridiculous to talk about him being dropped or not being in the same league as Marciano. Maybe needs to get himself a model wife who’s good on social media?

Stuart93
19-01-2022, 08:14 PM
People’s agendas getting in the way of rational opinion yet again with Macey. The guy has done virtually nothing wrong, is better at commanding his box than Marciano (not hard) and also a good shot stopper. Ridiculous to talk about him being dropped or not being in the same league as Marciano. Maybe needs to get himself a model wife who’s good on social media?

Is he better at commanding his box? Pretty sure we never conceded from a cross ball in open play last season with Rocky in goal. We seem to concede with every cross ball these days. Is that commanding your box better? Admittedly not always Maceys fault.

B.H.F.C
19-01-2022, 08:23 PM

Folk are only suggesting Dabrowski gets an opportunity in the cup (similar to what happened with Macey when he came in as our second keeper). And suggesting Marciano was a better keeper is hardly some irrational opinion.

19-01-2022, 08:46 PM
Interview with Fraser Fyvie re the FA Cup and Scottish Cup finals, plus Maloney re the FA Cup final.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/60062289

WeeRussell
19-01-2022, 09:02 PM
I hope Nisbet starts and scores a few goals (even if it will result in a few “only Cove” and “that’s his level” comments). Also be good to see more of the new faces depending on availability.

On the goalkeeper chat - I do think we clearly lost our best keeper in Marciano, but I like Macey too. It’s hardly been his fault we’ve not won enough games this season.

Glory Lurker
19-01-2022, 09:04 PM
Interview with Fraser Fyvie re the FA Cup and Scottish Cup finals, plus Maloney re the FA Cup final.

Cheers for that. A good watch. Hope we give him a great reception tomorrow night.

Cat Stanton
19-01-2022, 09:31 PM

Was about to post the same. Can't believe he's still only 28.

BoomtownHibees
19-01-2022, 09:33 PM

There doesn’t always need to be an agenda. I just happen to think Marciano was a much better goalie than Macey. That’s allowed right?

Unseen work
19-01-2022, 09:50 PM
Mark Reynolds signed for them today.

Mark Reynolds
Shay Logan
Fraser Fyvie
Ian Vigurs
Mitch Meggison
Rory Mccalister

Plenty of experience and quality in their team.

We need to treat this game with the upmost respect and go out 100mph.

Very tough game, they’ll be right up for it.

JammyDoidger
20-01-2022, 02:52 AM

Not having that atall, Macey makes me nervous every time he has the ball at his feet, and the way Maloney wants to play, Dabrowksi may just be the better option. Every time I've seen him he's done well, it's not like we have a superb keeper between the sticks and macey not playing is seriously weakening us. Where as Rocky missing I'd say the opposite..time for the young boy to get a chance.

Since452
20-01-2022, 05:23 AM
Not having that atall, Macey makes me nervous every time he has the ball at his feet, and the way Maloney wants to play, Dabrowksi may just be the better option. Every time I've seen him he's done well, it's not like we have a superb keeper between the sticks and macey not playing is seriously weakening us. Where as Rocky missing I'd say the opposite..time for the young boy to get a chance.

Personally don't agree. Marciano lost his place to two other keepers for a reason. I'm not saying he was a bad keep but he seems to get better the more time goes past. He made far more mistakes than Macey although I'd say he had better reactions. Both have poor distribution.

JammyDoidger
20-01-2022, 05:52 AM
Personally don't agree. Marciano lost his place to two other keepers for a reason. I'm not saying he was a bad keep but he seems to get better the more time goes past. He made far more mistakes than Macey although I'd say he had better reactions. Both have poor distribution.

Rocky had a bit about him, he was confident, the fans and him had a good relationship, he was experienced, made some outstanding saves, macey just doesn't fill me with confidence atall, just had that awkwardness about him. But respect your opinon.

JimboHibs
20-01-2022, 08:03 AM

Mark Reynolds
Shay Logan
Fraser Fyvie
Ian Vigurs
Mitch Meggison
Rory Mccalister

We need to treat this game with the upmost respect and go out *100MPH*

Its football not Formula 1 🙄

Danderhall Hibs
20-01-2022, 10:23 AM

:hilarious

I saw folk suggesting Siegrist as a replacement as well - think that was before they saw the highlights from the St Mirren game though. Had to be - if Macey starts making mistakes like that I can only imagine the outrage from those that are only worried he might make a mistake.

Percy Vere
20-01-2022, 11:19 AM
Dabrowski
Rocky Hanlon Stevenson
Boyle Doidge Mueller

B.H.F.C
20-01-2022, 11:21 AM
Dabrowski
Rocky Hanlon Stevenson
Boyle Doidge Mueller

Wouldn’t mind seeing something like that.

Think Henderson will play, not sure where.

Danderhall Hibs
20-01-2022, 11:30 AM
Dabrowski
Rocky Hanlon Stevenson
Boyle Doidge Mueller

I think I'd go with Newell over JDH just to see if it changes his game for the better.

ian cruise
20-01-2022, 11:35 AM
I think I'd go with Newell over JDH just to see if it changes his game for the better.

Around the hour mark against Celtic (in line with when Murphy came on) JDH started playing forward passes and we were far more proactive and a threat. I'd definitely pick him over Newell and just tell him to cut out the constant sideways and backwards passing. When he is positive he's a real asset.

Danderhall Hibs
20-01-2022, 11:37 AM
Around the hour mark against Celtic (in line with when Murphy came on) JDH started playing forward passes and we were far more proactive and a threat. I'd definitely pick him over Newell and just tell him to cut out the constant sideways and backwards passing. When he is positive he's a real asset.

Yeah - maybe Newell could do the same though, need to see them individually rather than as a pair before comparing.

WestStandWillie
20-01-2022, 12:15 PM

Mark Reynolds
Shay Logan
Fraser Fyvie
Ian Vigurs
Mitch Meggison
Rory Mccalister

We need to treat this game with the upmost respect and go out 100mph.

Ageing team full of the right experience to be bossing lower league.

Take the game to them and they'll be knackered come 80 minutes.

Gordy M
20-01-2022, 12:34 PM
Are we missing more players or has something changed in the past day or so, Coves odds have dropped from 14/1 last night to 8/1 this afternoon. Quite a big dtop.

stuart-farquhar
20-01-2022, 12:36 PM
Bought 2 but not going. Felt I had to do something!

bigwheel
20-01-2022, 12:47 PM
Bought 2 but not going. Felt I had to do something!

Very supportive thing to do …

KeithTheHibby
20-01-2022, 12:47 PM
Are we missing more players or has something changed in the past day or so, Coves odds have dropped from 14/1 last night to 8/1 this afternoon. Quite a big dtop.

Won't take much money for the price to drop. This game is a banana skin for sure but there's a reason why we are 2 leagues above them - we just need to show it.

Tyler Durden
20-01-2022, 12:53 PM

It's just a correction to closer to where the odds should have been. Also simple fact that most average punters are looking at their bets closer to matchday.

While there won't be many people backing Cove outright, some people would back them on handicap markets, recognising they probably were too generously priced to begin with. Thus the price comes down.

Hibs HT/FT at 5/6 seems a great price to me.

Edit - also corners markets. Cove are 1/1 to get 3 or more corners. Crazy price.

WeeRussell
20-01-2022, 01:01 PM
It's just a correction to closer to where the odds should have been. Also simple fact that most average punters are looking at their bets closer to matchday.

While there won't be many people backing Cove outright, some people would back them on handicap markets, recognising they probably were too generously priced to begin with. Thus the price comes down.

Edit - also corners markets. Cove are 1/1 to get 3 or more corners. Crazy price.

👍 was already considering dipping into the handicap market (for hibs).. all the better if prices are more favourable now

stuart-farquhar
20-01-2022, 02:04 PM
Very supportive thing to do …

I know :)

Tambo
20-01-2022, 02:24 PM
I'm guess still no Melkersen available? Look forward to seeing how Henderson performs tonight if selected.

Stanton Spence
20-01-2022, 03:26 PM

Edit - also corners markets. Cove are 1/1 to get 3 or more corners. Crazy price.I also thought that was a decent price mate and then had a look on bet365 and they have odds against HT-FT at 21/20 now which seems a great price but also makes me wonder if we have injuries etc? [emoji848]

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
Cove also into 11/2 I noticed as well

Since90+2
20-01-2022, 03:28 PM
I also thought that was a decent price mate and then had a look on bet365 and they have odds against HT-FT at 21/20 now which seems a great price but also makes me wonder if we have injuries etc? [emoji848]

I doubt the bookies would have inside knowledge of Hibs injuries.

Stanton Spence
20-01-2022, 03:43 PM
I doubt the bookies would have inside knowledge of Hibs injuries.I wouldn't think so either mate but it does happen, it's not often you will find hibs odds against half time full time against sides at this level

Greenbeard
20-01-2022, 04:15 PM
I also thought that was a decent price mate and then had a look on bet365 and they have odds against HT-FT at 21/20 now which seems a great price but also makes me wonder if we have injuries etc? [emoji848]

Hibs/Hibs available at 11/10 now.
I've gone for Cove/Hibs at 20/1.

Tyler Durden
20-01-2022, 04:16 PM

Yeah I'm surprised at that. Also Hibs to win to nil now 13/8. Pretty certain it was 4/6 the other day.

I think Bet365 just outright get it wrong quite often on Scottish markets. Surprised at this drift but don't think there is anything suspicious behind it.

Hibs will win comfortably IMO.

Stanton Spence
20-01-2022, 04:26 PM
Hibs/Hibs available at 11/10 now.
I've gone for Cove/Hibs at 20/1.Be lucky mate [emoji1303]

Stuart93
Hopefully a start for mueller in Boyle’s absence

Also hope Henderson starts too

Stanton Spence
Yeah I'm surprised at that. Also Hibs to win to nil now 13/8. Pretty certain it was 4/6 the other day.

I think Bet365 just outright get it wrong quite often on Scottish markets. Surprised at this drift but don't think there is anything suspicious behind it.

Hibs will win comfortably IMO.[emoji1303]

Hibby Kay-Yay
20-01-2022, 04:30 PM
Dabrowski

Rocky Hanlon Stevenson

Cadden JDH Campbell Henderson

Mueller Doidge Murphy

erin go bragh
20-01-2022, 05:29 PM

Start of the week Hibs were 1-7 and Cove 14-1
Now Hibs are 9/20 and Cove 19-4 🤷*♂️
Some change that .

Tambo
20-01-2022, 05:31 PM
Teams out. Henderson and Mueller start. Doidge for Nisbet.

Aldo
20-01-2022, 05:32 PM
Is Hallberg in at CB??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since452
20-01-2022, 05:32 PM

Exactly what I wanted!

Scorrie
20-01-2022, 05:33 PM

Sounds exciting re Henderson and Mueller. No surprise re Nisbet

Since452
20-01-2022, 05:34 PM
No Boyle at all?

Allant1981
Wil be interesting to see the formation with that line up

berwickhibee
Is Hallberg in at CB??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must be, can't think of any other way that team plays.

Tambo
No Boyle at all?

Nope. Mackie on the Bench.

Hfc_Since1875
20-01-2022, 05:35 PM
Macey

Hallberg hanlon Stevenson

Cadden Campbell Newell doig

Henderson

Doidge mueller

Unseen work
20-01-2022, 05:36 PM
……………………….…….Macey……………

…….…Stevenson…..Hanlon….Doig….

Cadden…….Hallberg……..Newell……Campbell…

……………..Mueller………..…….Henderson……

……………………………Doidge…….

Or

……………………….…….Macey……………

……..….…Hallberg…..Hanlon….Stevenson….

Cadden…….Campbell……..Newell…..…Doig…

……………………………Doidge…….

Odd looking like up unless he goes with the 4312 out of possession again.

Balance looks all over the place and Campbell was very poor there mid week if it’s the first team. The second one looks not bad at all and much better shape.

No Rocky? To soon to play 2 in a couple of days?

hfc-1875
20-01-2022, 05:36 PM
Macey

Hallberg
Hanlon
Stevenson

Cadden
Campbell
Newell
Henderson
Doig

Mueller
Doidge

Guessing that’s what we’re going with? Can’t see it being a 4 at the back with Stevenson CH in a 2.

Stuart93
20-01-2022, 05:37 PM
No Rocky at all is surprising...hopefully no injured

Since90+2
20-01-2022, 05:38 PM
Macey

Hallberg
Hanlon
Stevenson

Cadden
Campbell
Newell
Henderson
Doig

Mueller
Doidge

Guessing that’s what we’re going with? Can’t see it being a 4 at the back with Stevenson CH in a 2.

Could be Doig at centre half in a 2. Think he played predominantly in that position for the youth sides.

Hibs90
20-01-2022, 05:39 PM

Christ didn't even notice that at first glance..

Since452
20-01-2022, 05:40 PM

Really wouldn't surprise me with our luck.

Stuart93
20-01-2022, 05:42 PM
Really wouldn't surprise me with our luck.

Aye wouldn’t surprise me

keep the faith
20-01-2022, 05:42 PM
Ach! Was hoping Scotty would start tonight and get a chance.
Looks like his time is up 🙁

MikeyS
20-01-2022, 05:43 PM
……………………….…….Macey……………

…….…Stevenson…..Hanlon….Doig….

Cadden…….Hallberg……..Newell……Campbell…

……………………………Doidge…….

Or

……………………….…….Macey……………

……..….…Hallberg…..Hanlon….Stevenson….

Cadden…….Campbell……..Newell…..…Doig…

……………………………Doidge…….

Odd looking like up unless he goes with the 4312 out of possession again.

Balance looks all over the place and Campbell was very poor there mid week if it’s the first team. The second one looks not bad at all and much better shape.

No Rocky? To soon to play 2 in a couple of days?

I thibk it might be a back four of cadden, doig, hanlon stevenson.

Can't see him just randomly chucking Hallberg in at CB. Doubt he's ever played there before. Interesting selection!

Your 1st suggestion could work actually. Don't risk we will have ever fielded an entire back line of lefties previously

Hiber-nation

Just played his first game in ages so probably needs to rest.

stokesmessiah

He hasn’t played in god knows how long….no surprise at all that he is not involved tonight.

Stanton Spence
20-01-2022, 05:45 PM
Start of the week Hibs were 1-7 and Cove 14-1
Now Hibs are 9/20 and Cove 19-4 [emoji1745]*[emoji3603]
Some change that .I've noticed that mate, it's like the bookies new we only have one centre half and Boyle out [emoji848]

MikeyS
20-01-2022, 05:46 PM
I've noticed that mate, it's like the bookies new we only have one centre half and Boyle out [emoji848]

I've gone Hibs win btts. Could be a dodgy one tonight I feel.

Stuart93
20-01-2022, 05:47 PM
He hasn’t played in god knows how long….no surprise at all that he is not involved tonight.

Thought he might’ve got a place on the bench

Glad to see doidge starting

Since90+2
20-01-2022, 05:55 PM
Prices at the bookies change using automatic algorithms depending on what money is being placed and where. They don't adjust the bet depending on team news for a game the level of Hibs v Cove.

Leighonel
20-01-2022, 05:56 PM
Macey

Cadden
Hanlon
Doig
Stevenson

Newell
Hallberg

Mueller
Campbell
Henderson

Doidge

Hibees1973
20-01-2022, 05:56 PM
That's a fair number of changes and a couple of debuts....was expecting a team under familiar lines with the new guys brought on if we are ahead.

Seems a bit odd to me.

brog
20-01-2022, 06:06 PM
That's a fair number of changes and a couple of debuts....was expecting a team under familiar lines with the new guys brought on if we are ahead.

Seems a bit odd to me.

Agreed. I get that Maloney wants to see the whole playing staff but that team doesn't fill me with confidence.

Stanton Spence
20-01-2022, 06:17 PM
I've gone Hibs win btts. Could be a dodgy one tonight I feel.I ended up doing hibs minus a goal Mickey just out of loyalty more than anything else oh and an excuse for a wee bet lol

Callum_62
20-01-2022, 06:20 PM
Our team should be more than enough to beat a team in league 1

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

MikeyS
20-01-2022, 06:24 PM
I ended up doing hibs minus a goal Mickey just out of loyalty more than anything else oh and an excuse for a wee bet lol

Good luck mate 👍🏻

Stanton Spence
20-01-2022, 06:43 PM
Good luck mate [emoji1303]Same bud [emoji1303]