PDA

View Full Version : Chants tonight

HibsIntl
17-01-2022, 09:44 PM
Not advocating for a vanilla away support but do we have to sing a song about the Lisbon lions being dead? (Lisbon lions won’t see ten in a row). Was more than a minority of our fans singing it as well.

A song that’s even slated by a good chunk of Rangers fans. It’s absolutely horrific and we’re better than that.

JohnM1875
17-01-2022, 09:47 PM
Not advocating for a vanilla away support but do we have to sing a song about the Lisbon lions being dead? (Lisbon lions won’t see ten in a row). Was more than a minority of our fans singing it as well.

A song that’s even slated by a good chunk of Rangers fans. It’s absolutely horrific and we’re better than that.

That's actually embarrassing singing that kind of stuff. I despise Celtic just as much as the huns, but stuff like that is brutal regardless of the opponent.

Del Boy
17-01-2022, 09:57 PM
Very disappointing to hear. We have some complete pricks in our support unfortunately

BS44
17-01-2022, 09:58 PM

Yep, chronic pattern from some of our fans tonight.

Anybody know what happened to the ridiculously annoying drum? I've had enough of listening to constant boom boom boom on that thing, it adds nothing to the atmosphere at the match. All went quiet with about twenty minutes to go, either the drummer left or hopefully the drum has been confiscated for good

Northernhibee
17-01-2022, 09:59 PM
Seems to be particularly at away games there are some absolute roasters who are also unfortunately quite vocal too.

Hulk1875
17-01-2022, 10:02 PM

Anybody know what happened to the ridiculously annoying drum? I've had enough of listening to constant boom boom boom on that thing, it adds nothing to the atmosphere at the match. All went quiet with about twenty minutes to go, either the drummer left or hopefully the drum has been confiscated for good

I’m miss the old terrace chants.. we are Hibernian fc.. all these new things doesn’t do it for me

HibsIntl
17-01-2022, 10:13 PM

It kicked off, not sure what happened but the stewards rushed up the back, and then the viscous chants started. I believe the drum was taken during this commotion.

JXM73
17-01-2022, 10:21 PM

Was standing amongst the waens that were singing that, was pretty embarrassing... drummer boy got threatened by a tattooed bell end twice his age, really? Some ****ing rockets in our support...

Pagan Hibernia
17-01-2022, 10:23 PM

absolutely horrible

flash
17-01-2022, 10:23 PM

That's absolutely brutal.

Torto7
17-01-2022, 10:27 PM

That sounds hun like. The attention seeking brigade in the home support were giving it hefty ra chants as well. Absolute F@nnies the lot of them.

Frazerbob
17-01-2022, 10:28 PM
Was poor. Those singing probably don’t even realise 3 of the Lisbon Lions played for us. Even the ‘Cheerio 10 in a row’ stuff was far too Hunish for my liking.

Greencore
17-01-2022, 10:30 PM
Did they sing rule brittania aswell and give the red hand of ulster 🤣

WeeRussell
17-01-2022, 11:03 PM
That's actually embarrassing singing that kind of stuff. I despise Celtic just as much as the huns, but stuff like that is brutal regardless of the opponent.

Really disappointing thing for me is it’s the fan behaviours and songs of this ilk that are a big reason for my hatred of both old firm halves. Hopefully it’s stamped out quickly however big the numbers involved were.

Auckland Hibs
17-01-2022, 11:06 PM
Absolutely shocking patter, hope the club identify and ban these morons - on a par with singing songs about the Ibrox disaster and Leeds fans being taunted with Turkish flags.

HibsIntl
17-01-2022, 11:12 PM
Really disappointing thing for me is it’s the fan behaviours and songs of this ilk that are a big reason for my hatred of both old firm halves. Hopefully it’s stamped out quickly however big the numbers involved were.

I was in the away end at IBrox when Kamberi went to Rangers and there was chanting about him dying ‘with a bullet from the IRA’ and now we are singing a about the Lisbon lions. Some of our fans seem to be trying to to out Old firm the old firm

Latapy'sVolley
17-01-2022, 11:15 PM
Was poor. Those singing probably don’t even realise 3 of the Lisbon Lions played for us. Even the ‘Cheerio 10 in a row’ stuff was far too Hunish for my liking.

Didn't sit right with me either. Some really uncomfortable moments tonight.

Although MUE-S-A at Mueller's warm up made me laugh.

Centre Hawf
17-01-2022, 11:51 PM
Absolutely vile and has no place at Easter Road or in our away sections. Always enrages me when I hear about our away support singing songs like that because for the 90 percent of fans in this country their opinion of us will be based on our away supporters at their home games, all it does is tarnish the clubs reputation.

If you want to sing songs like that at Hibs games then I would request you never come to a Hibs match again.

Hulk1875
17-01-2022, 11:53 PM
I’ll say again growing up from about 5/7 years old always in the east stand great atmosphere and terrace chants ofcourse Could hear some bad stuff but now hibs fans singing songs about IRA etc isn’t good

DarrenSQH
18-01-2022, 01:56 AM
Block 7 were pretty much the union bears for the night. Cheerio 10 in a row was most sung song of night and Lisbon lions won't see 10 in a row was a shocker. Hun songs. Embarrassing

lord bunberry
18-01-2022, 02:12 AM
**** happens, its best not to take it too seriously. Let’s not pretend we weren’t singing stuff like that and worse when we were younger. The songs are pretty tame compared to the stuff that went on in the 90s.

lord bunberry
18-01-2022, 02:14 AM
I’ll say again growing up from about 5/7 years old always in the east stand great atmosphere and terrace chants ofcourse Could hear some bad stuff but now hibs fans singing songs about IRA etc isn’t good
You must be quite young if you don’t remember songs about the IRA.

EH6 Hibby
18-01-2022, 04:46 AM
You must be quite young if you don’t remember songs about the IRA.

They were wrong then and they are wrong now.

Winston Ingram
18-01-2022, 05:19 AM
Very disappointing to hear. We have some complete pricks in our support unfortunately

Probably the same pricks who were singing about Cummings that he was a paedo

JimBHibees
18-01-2022, 05:45 AM
Really need to run these morons out of the club. Pathetic

Pretty Boy
18-01-2022, 06:01 AM
I've never had any issue with controversial chants and songs at the football. Some of the best I have ever heard have been a wee bit near the knuckle.

There needs to be an element of wit and originality to them though. Copying a tasteless song that Rangers fans sing is about as far removed from that as you can get.

Hibernian Verse
18-01-2022, 06:09 AM
When did we become Huns?

Carheenlea
18-01-2022, 06:42 AM
**** happens, its best not to take it too seriously. Let’s not pretend we weren’t singing stuff like that and worse when we were younger. The songs are pretty tame compared to the stuff that went on in the 90s.

It’s not the 90’s anymore though. Don’t think anyone can disagree that these types of chants are not welcome.

Antifa Hibs
18-01-2022, 06:51 AM
Outside the old firm (except when they play each other), in Scotland there seems to be an unhealthy obsession with taunting opposition fans and players/club as opposed to supporting your own. Its quite weird IMO, channel the energy into supporting the team and singing Hibs songs instead of winding the opposition up. It will be the same when we visit Motherwell and Rangers in the next few weeks, the same fanny's singing about the LL last night will have tri-colours and no doubt be singing "....he ****ing loves the IRA 1, 2, 3, 4)

A new generation of social media fans perhaps?

Steve20
18-01-2022, 06:59 AM
I hate it when the element in our support act like Celtic supporters. Now we've got some acting like Rangers supporters. Awful.

Embarrassing.

lbouncer
18-01-2022, 07:01 AM
Block 7 are an embarrassment. Get them in the bin

The Harp Awakes
18-01-2022, 07:12 AM
Block 7 were pretty much the union bears for the night. Cheerio 10 in a row was most sung song of night and Lisbon lions won't see 10 in a row was a shocker. Hun songs. Embarrassing

Mmm. Sounds dodgy. Infiltration of huns in the Hibs end?

Not saying we've not got roasters in our support but these songs have probably only ever been sung by huns and Hibs fans learning the words and imitating that mob seems doubtful.

mcohibs
18-01-2022, 07:12 AM

An absolute cringe. They've been an embarrassment since they started that lot

CentreLine
18-01-2022, 07:48 AM
An absolute cringe. They've been an embarrassment since they started that lot

Are they even a thing? “Block 7”? Blockheads more like

TelaStella
18-01-2022, 07:53 AM
Given it’s the IRA one game and then this bag of ***** the next they’ve got no credible position left to speak for the support anymore. Remarkable from them to be able to turn both the moderates and radicals against them in the space of a few weeks and now be left without a leg to stand on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chorley Hibee
18-01-2022, 07:58 AM
Mmm. Sounds dodgy. Infiltration of huns in the Hibs end?

Not saying we've not got roasters in our support but these songs have probably only ever been sung by huns and Hibs fans learning the words and imitating that mob seems doubtful.

I think it's more doubtful that loads of Rangers fans obtained tickets from Hibs, were on our ticket database, and willingly gave Celtic money to stand in amongst Hibs supporters.

I attended the game last night and a large proportion of our fans were singing that song. A lot of faces that I've seen previously too.

I wasn't a fan of what was sung last night, but I have to laugh at the collective outrage from the Celtic end given their own songbook.

Pagan Hibernia
18-01-2022, 08:02 AM
That lot have had a mare last night. Nasty and humourless

whats next? Is ‘Up to our knees in fenian blood’ considered fair game?

ffs

Juniper Greens
18-01-2022, 08:07 AM
Block 7 are an embarrassment. Get them in the bin

This

Juniper Greens
18-01-2022, 08:10 AM
We had a better all round stadium atmosphere 10 years ago than we do now. We have become too reliant on 10 boys with a drum

Pretty Boy
18-01-2022, 08:25 AM
There's a lot to be said for knowing your audience.

Singing 'we are the people' at Ibrox when winning is funny because it turns their own superiority complex and triumphalism back at them. Singing it at Celtic Park just doesn't work because it's Hibs fans singing a Rangers song to Celtic fans. The joke is lost.

Singing about Wallace Mercer being dead isn't without it's controversy but there is a relevance to Hibs, the irony that we outlived the man who wanted to kill us off. Singing about Billy McNeill, Bertie Auld, Ronnie Simpson etc having died is just a cringe. It's tasteless and belongs among the worst of the Rangers support, we are talking about bona fide Scottish football legends here. Same goes for the minority who sang about 'mind the stairs' at Ibrox when we got pumped 6-1 a few seasons back.

I remember a game at St Mirren a while back, sure we won 4-1. Jamie Langfield was getting a bit of banter from the Hibs fans and was giving a bit back, it was all relatively good natured. Then a small group started shouting 'paedo' every time Langfield was going to take goal kicks or collecting the ball from behind the goals. It was just witless pish and he looked totally bemused by it. Giving Langfields history of comedic errors surely someone could come up with something a bit better than 'paedo'.

As I said previously I don't mind a bit edgy humour but humour is the key word there. Is singing about old men dying funny? Is singing about a disaster that killed 60+ people funny? Is calling random people paedos funny? It's like the football equivalent of being a shock jock, say something so ridiculous with the only intention being to provoke a reaction then brand anyone who reacts a 'snowflake' or 'woke'.

Daniel 1875
18-01-2022, 08:28 AM
We had a better all round stadium atmosphere 10 years ago than we do now. We have become too reliant on 10 boys with a drum

Then it's on the rest of the support to get involved isn't it? It's easier to point the finger at a group of young lads trying to create a bit of atmosphere and getting it wrong than it is to actually encourage the rest of the support to out-sing them and do something about it.

These boys will learn, but I think there are about 20/25 lads in Block Seven and there were a hell of a lot more than that joining in with the Lisbon Lions stuff last night - which given there was about 800 fans in the away end would suggest there was a fair number of our 'core' away support involved, too.

The Harp Awakes
18-01-2022, 09:29 AM
I think it's more doubtful that loads of Rangers fans obtained tickets from Hibs, were on our ticket database, and willingly gave Celtic money to stand in amongst Hibs supporters.

I attended the game last night and a large proportion of our fans were singing that song. A lot of faces that I've seen previously too.

I wasn't a fan of what was sung last night, but I have to laugh at the collective outrage from the Celtic end given their own songbook.

Take your point. I agree it's unlikely that loads of huns would find a way of getting a ticket, but it's certainly possible that some could have found a way in and kicked things off.

Ronnie Simpson, Bertie Auld, Billy McNeil and Jock Stein all had connections to Hibs, so Hibs fans singing that kind of stuff doesn't add up.

Centre Hawf
18-01-2022, 10:14 AM
Take your point. I agree it's unlikely that loads of huns would find a way of getting a ticket, but it's certainly possible that some could have found a way in and kicked things off.

Ronnie Simpson, Bertie Auld, Billy McNeil and Jock Stein all had connections to Hibs, so Hibs fans singing that kind of stuff doesn't add up.

For it to not add up you'd need to take into consideration that these idiots know the clubs history. I doubt any of them have taken the time to sit and read a book or even a wikipedia page about these guys.

JimBHibees
18-01-2022, 10:17 AM
For it to not add up you'd need to take into consideration that these idiots know the clubs history. I doubt any of them have taken the time to sit and read a book or even a wikipedia page about these guys.

Assume also an age demographic

Frazerbob
18-01-2022, 10:25 AM
It wasn’t just the young team. Lots of grown men were joining in.
Can I ad the USA USA USA chants to the list of shan patter please.

Mick O'Rourke
18-01-2022, 10:30 AM
Kieran will have no doubt heard them or read this thread .
The club should give no favours to this group re banners etc
The chants mentioned here would have got the Hibs support attacked at Celtic Park,before all seating came in.
In and outwith the ground.

It seems from reading here,they were not alone in the chanting .
Older fans should know better,given the nature/words of these chants.

Shameful and embarrassing for most Hibernian supporters.

Pagan Hibernia
18-01-2022, 10:43 AM
It wasn’t just the young team. Lots of grown men were joining in.
Can I ad the USA USA USA chants to the list of shan patter please.

the usual brain dead pack behaviour that football fans are famous for sadly.

SideBurns
18-01-2022, 10:56 AM
If we'd heard that the Jambos had been singing stuff like that at Celtic Park we'd be calling them 'Diet Huns'. What's wrong with 'We were first to wear the green' and 'In your Glasgow slums'?

Thank God I wasn't there to hear that. A worse performance than the team gave, by the sound of it.

18-01-2022, 11:11 AM
If we'd heard that the Jambos had been singing stuff like that at Celtic Park we'd be calling them 'Diet Huns'. What's wrong with 'We were first to wear the green' and 'In your Glasgow slums'?

Thank God I wasn't there to hear that. A worse performance than the team gave, by the sound of it.

Not becoming of Hibs fans at all. The club would be better off without them.
The club must know who purchased tickets for last night’s game. Can’t they issue a warning about future behaviour (a yellow card) with a red card to follow if there is a repeat performance?

WeeRussell
18-01-2022, 11:12 AM
Quite encouraged that we’re not seeing as much of the expected “they’ve paid their money” or “why don’t you sing your songs louder” type posts trying to defend these morons.

It may be, for some, because the chants were against Celtic rather than hearts or rangers, but it’s good to see it roundly condemned all the same.

Greencore
18-01-2022, 11:16 AM
Quite encouraged that we’re not seeing as much of the expected “they’ve paid their money” or “why don’t you sing your songs louder” type posts trying to defend these morons.

It may be, for some, because the chants were against Celtic rather than hearts or rangers, but it’s good to see it roundly condemned all the same.

If those same "fans" sang songs making fun of Walter
Smith/Fernando Ricksen or Marius Zaliukas I would be as raging as I am now at them.

nonshinyfinish
18-01-2022, 11:18 AM
Not becoming of Hibs fans at all. The club would be better off without them.
The club must know who purchased tickets for last night’s game. Can’t they issue a warning about future behaviour (a yellow card) with a red card to follow if there is a repeat performance?

Hibs will know who bought tickets but how would they know who sang what? Can't just treat the entire away end as guilty.

WeeRussell
18-01-2022, 11:19 AM
If those same "fans" sang songs making fun of Walter
Smith/Fernando Ricksen or Marius Zaliukas I would be as raging as I am now at them.

I’ve no doubt you and many others would 👍

MKHIBEE
18-01-2022, 11:33 AM
Hibs will know who bought tickets but how would they know who sang what? Can't just treat the entire away end as guilty.

Shrewsbury managed to identify 2 fans who sang about the 96 who died at Hillsborough and banned them. If the will is there it can be done

Chuck Rhoades
18-01-2022, 11:50 AM
Folk do realise Block 7 consisted of what looked like the drummer plus 3 more and there were hundreds of supporters singing these songs last night? I was there, not next to B7, and majority around me were singing along. I don’t even think B7 necessarily started them, but certainly drummed along! Anyway, they’ve not exactly had the best start but don’t think it’s fair to table blame at B7 only.

HibsIntl
18-01-2022, 12:04 PM
Been sent a video of the chanting and it seems to be the fans closest to the banner but it absolutely wasn’t restricted to just them. Let’s just cut it out its vile, adds nothing and causes the club problems. Harder to slate the ugly sisters for their songs when we cherry pick the absolute worst.
Feel bad for folk taking their young kids on away days, lord help anyone trying to explain that chant to a child

nickwhibs
18-01-2022, 12:17 PM
Sh 1te patter

MagicSwirlingShip
18-01-2022, 12:23 PM
Not a fan of just singing songs that are supposed to annoy the other support rather than getting behind our own team.

mcohibs
18-01-2022, 01:05 PM
If anyone is reading this that sang that ***** last night you are a total embarrassment and a disgrace to the club. Singing about the deaths of men who played for and managed our own team. Should be utterly ashamed.

JimBHibees
18-01-2022, 01:08 PM
Not a fan of just singing songs that are supposed to annoy the other support rather than getting behind our own team.

Yep painful patter

kaimendhibs
18-01-2022, 01:36 PM

Singing 'we are the people' at Ibrox when winning is funny because it turns their own superiority complex and triumphalism back at them. Singing it at Celtic Park just doesn't work because it's Hibs fans singing a Rangers song to Celtic fans. The joke is lost.

Singing about Wallace Mercer being dead isn't without it's controversy but there is a relevance to Hibs, the irony that we outlived the man who wanted to kill us off. Singing about Billy McNeill, Bertie Auld, Ronnie Simpson etc having died is just a cringe. It's tasteless and belongs among the worst of the Rangers support, we are talking about bona fide Scottish football legends here. Same goes for the minority who sang about 'mind the stairs' at Ibrox when we got pumped 6-1 a few seasons back.

I remember a game at St Mirren a while back, sure we won 4-1. Jamie Langfield was getting a bit of banter from the Hibs fans and was giving a bit back, it was all relatively good natured. Then a small group started shouting 'paedo' every time Langfield was going to take goal kicks or collecting the ball from behind the goals. It was just witless pish and he looked totally bemused by it. Giving Langfields history of comedic errors surely someone could come up with something a bit better than 'paedo'.

As I said previously I don't mind a bit edgy humour but humour is the key word there. Is singing about old men dying funny? Is singing about a disaster that killed 60+ people funny? Is calling random people paedos funny? It's like the football equivalent of being a shock jock, say something so ridiculous with the only intention being to provoke a reaction then brand anyone who reacts a 'snowflake' or 'woke'.

👏👏👏👏👏

Brizo
18-01-2022, 02:05 PM
Sounds like the behaviour of total morons. We are not exempt from having our fair share and while youth shouldn't be an excuse for moronic behaviour, doubly disappointing to hear that grown men were singing this p'sh

Percy Vere
18-01-2022, 02:12 PM
Absolute shower of ******s
Embarrassing stuff
The club should be getting in touch with away support and telling them it’s unacceptable.

Stokesy's on fire
18-01-2022, 02:20 PM
Pathetic song. Its just as bad as the rubbish Celtic fans sing we really shouldnt be lowering ourselves to the standards of the Glasgow two

LunasBoots
18-01-2022, 02:41 PM
It's like a competition of who can sing the most rank song at times, heard songs that are unacceptable many times in pubs and a few times in grounds, can people not think without being morons.

bigwheel
18-01-2022, 02:49 PM
We’ve often had quite fun and cool little young team singing groups. Since 1875 we’re quality at times, and even going back to the Hibs Casuals , their terracing banter and chants I often found decent quality.

I also noticed at away games this season that there seems to be a divide between some who were previously 1875 and this new merging crew. Shame as together they would be stronger..

In recent times, there’s being much poorer quality terrace chants. But I guess it’s up to other fans to fill that gap. We can’t expect those involved to suddenly change their ways.

Bring on the new young team [emoji109][emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
18-01-2022, 04:55 PM
We’ve often had quite fun and cool little young team singing groups. Since 1875 we’re quality at times, and even going back to the Hibs Casuals , their terracing banter and chants I often found decent quality.

I also noticed at away games this season that there seems to be a divide between some who were previously 1875 and this new merging crew. Shame as together they would be stronger..

In recent times, there’s being much poorer quality terrace chants. But I guess it’s up to other fans to fill that gap. We can’t expect those involved to suddenly change their ways.

Bring on the new young team [emoji109][emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I noticed at the away game at St Mirren that there was a bit of needle between a couple of groups - Or rather one group singling out Block 7 for whatever reason. Things do seemed to have changed a bit from the fan groups of before, and not for the better.

LunasBoots
18-01-2022, 04:58 PM
I noticed at the away game at St Mirren that there was a bit of needle between a couple of groups - Or rather one group singling out Block 7 for whatever reason. Things do seemed to have changed a bit from the fan groups of before, and not for the better.

There has been a split within the old group and new group. A few of the older head's have backed away from it.

Keith_M
18-01-2022, 07:34 PM

:agree:

Home fans singing about Bobby Sands and the IRA, then getting outraged at chants from the away support is quite some irony

I think the era of 'ultras' is largely about outdoing the opposition fans with the singing/flag-waving/fireworks... so they can rabbit on about it on social media... and has very little to do with actually supporting the team.

The same people were singing songs about dead Rangers players and the Ibrox disaster the last time I was at Ibrox.

Antifa Hibs
19-01-2022, 08:28 AM

Home fans singing about Bobby Sands and the IRA, then getting outraged at chants from the away support is quite some irony

I think the era of 'ultras' is largely about outdoing the opposition fans with the singing/flag-waving/fireworks... so they can rabbit on about it on social media... and has very little to do with actually supporting the team.

The same people were singing songs about dead Rangers players and the Ibrox disaster the last time I was at Ibrox.

Using that logic then they'd be entirely justified about singing about the IRA then 'cos some Rangers songs are worse? The Huns have justified singing "**** the pope" (loud and clear last night) 'cos a few Aberdeen fans no doubt sang about Ricksen?

Would be handy if Scottish football fans could take responsibility for their supporters actions rather than the classic whataboutery and pointing the finger at other fans.

If Hibs fans are acting like bellends, it doesn't really matter what other fans are singing. And when singing about the Lisbon Lions, or Ricksen, or Ibrox Stairways then its a Hibs problem and nothing to do with any other fans and what they've sung in the past.

Anyhoo, i'm sure they'll grow out of it... :dunno:

zitelli62
19-01-2022, 09:07 AM

Also noticed that at St mirren definitely a bit of needle between them don't know if the handbags after that game was anything to do with that but surely better to work together.

JimBHibees
19-01-2022, 10:52 AM
Using that logic then they'd be entirely justified about singing about the IRA then 'cos some Rangers songs are worse? The Huns have justified singing "**** the pope" (loud and clear last night) 'cos a few Aberdeen fans no doubt sang about Ricksen?

Would be handy if Scottish football fans could take responsibility for their supporters actions rather than the classic whataboutery and pointing the finger at other fans.

If Hibs fans are acting like bellends, it doesn't really matter what other fans are singing. And when singing about the Lisbon Lions, or Ricksen, or Ibrox Stairways then its a Hibs problem and nothing to do with any other fans and what they've sung in the past.

Strict liability should be brought in immediately

JimBHibees
19-01-2022, 10:54 AM
Also noticed that at St mirren definitely a bit of needle between them don't know if the handbags after that game was anything to do with that but surely better to work together.

Sounds like a scene from Life of Brian the split between the Peoples front of Judea and the Judean Peoples front. :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
19-01-2022, 11:59 AM

You’re missing the point entirely, the people singing these songs aren’t trying to be funny, they’re doing it to cause offence.

They’re aiming to be distasteful, horrible, offensive, insulting etc.

Keith_M
19-01-2022, 12:18 PM

Please, read my post again, because I made no attempt to justify anything anybody sang

WeeRussell
19-01-2022, 03:16 PM
sounds like a scene from life of brian the split between the peoples front of judea and the judean peoples front. :greengrin

pffffffff******k offffffff!

WeeRussell
19-01-2022, 03:19 PM
You’re missing the point entirely, the people singing these songs aren’t trying to be funny, they’re doing it to cause offence.

They’re aiming to be distasteful, horrible, offensive, insulting etc.

Why do so many that get involved in this stuff defend it by saying they're just having a laugh and it's 'just a song' in that case?

Personally think there will be an element of both but there are definitely some that think it's funny to sing songs we'd prefer not to hear.

Wilson
19-01-2022, 03:28 PM
Strict liability should be brought in immediately

Doesn't work. Other than grabbing headlines what would be the point? Hibs fork out an extra 8 grand every other week over flares and coin throwing while the authorities continue to be deaf to sectarian singing.

No thanks.

JimBHibees
19-01-2022, 03:36 PM
Doesn't work. Other than grabbing headlines what would be the point? Hibs fork out an extra 8 grand every other week over flares and coin throwing while the authorities continue to be deaf to sectarian singing.

No thanks.

it has never been tried so no idea how it can be claimed it doesnt work. Only time old firm particularly
Rangers did anything about it was when UEFA started taking an interest.

WeeRussell
19-01-2022, 03:58 PM

No thanks.

If it was to make significant progress in putting a stop to all of the above then I’d be all for trying it.

Ringothedog
19-01-2022, 04:54 PM
it has never been tried so no idea how it can be claimed it doesnt work. Only time old firm particularly
Rangers did anything about it was when UEFA started taking an interest.

And it is still happening at European ties and every other game they play

Eyrie
19-01-2022, 06:26 PM
And it is still happening at European ties and every other game they play

Because it's only their clubs' money that is affected.

Any proper scheme to address the Ugly Sisters has to include closing sections of a ground, points deductions and even bans from European competitions if their fans persist.

Stokesy's on fire
19-01-2022, 06:30 PM

A lot of people dont follow football because of the rubbish pouring out the stands. Its all a bit pathetiv some of the chants

Nakedmanoncrack
19-01-2022, 08:10 PM

I've no doubt shouted plenty daft things over the years, but the obsession with paedophiles in Scottish football must be unique, or do football fans around the world all carry on like this? Even the ladies Derby at Tynecastle recently - there was a small group of cretins who thought it hilarious to shout PAEDO every time Rachel Boyle touched the ball or came close to the touchline, the mind boggles at the witless morons amongst us.

WhileTheChief..
19-01-2022, 08:35 PM
A lot of people dont follow football because of the rubbish pouring out the stands.

How do we know this?

I’ve never heard anyone say they weren’t going ER because of songs being sung!

WestStandWillie
20-01-2022, 12:01 PM

I've no doubt shouted plenty daft things over the years, but the obsession with paedophiles in Scottish football must be unique, or do football fans around the world all carry on like this? Even the ladies Derby at Tynecastle recently - there was a small group of cretins who thought it hilarious to shout PAEDO every time Rachel Boyle touched the ball or came close to the touchline, the mind boggles at the witless morons amongst us.

That is a mind boggler. Makes nae sense either. Clubs should be getting tougher on these wee morons.

Unseen work
20-01-2022, 12:37 PM
A couple of chants from the Aberdeen fans when playing against rangers

“Walters in a box, in a box, walters in a box”

“Somebody call 911, Ricksen’s doing wheelies in the dance floor” https://youtu.be/YkyhvCdJ_vM exactly 1 minute in

WeeRussell
20-01-2022, 12:59 PM

“Somebody call 911, Ricksen’s doing wheelies in the dance floor” https://youtu.be/YkyhvCdJ_vM exactly 1 minute in

Also complete ********s that Scottish football would be better without.

Doesn’t take anything away from the d**** at Celtic park on Monday though.

Betty Boop
20-01-2022, 01:29 PM

Thats disgusting

SideBurns
20-01-2022, 01:34 PM
Sounds like a scene from Life of Brian the split between the Peoples front of Judea and the Judean Peoples front. :greengrin

Incidentally, who were the "splitters" - the Judean People's Front or the People's Front of Judea? Anyway, they were all at the amphitheatre watching the gladiators innat, and I bet neither group song stuff as ***** as our fans the other night. Even though they hated the Romans - a lot!