PDA

View Full Version : Wages

Edinburgh Green
13-01-2022, 09:13 AM
There has been a lot of talk about players wages recently. A lot of it seems to be coming from jambos who like to portray that we are *****ing loads of money on 'average' players. Below is a list of players wages that mainly jambos (some Hibees on here) are passing off as fact. Feel free to add your own.

Boyle 10k
Mueller 9k
Nisbet 8k
Murphy 8k
Doidge 7k
Doig 6k
JDH 6k
Cadden 6k
Magennis 6k

So far I haven't heard from the jambo experts but i'd expect them to claim Melkerson and Bushiri will be in the 6-8k.

Since90+2
13-01-2022, 09:19 AM
There has been a lot of talk about players wages recently. A lot of it seems to be coming from jambos who like to portray that we are *****ing loads of money on 'average' players. Below is a list of players wages that mainly jambos (some Hibees on here) are passing off as fact. Feel free to add your own.

Boyle 10k
Mueller 9k
Nisbet 8k
Murphy 8k
Doidge 7k
Doig 6k
JDH 6k
Cadden 6k
Magennis 6k

So far I haven't heard from the jambo experts but i'd expect them to claim Melkerson and Bushiri will be in the 6-8k.

Impossible to be correct.

Look at the clubs wages to revenue ratio, it wouldn't be possible if all those above were accurate. You still have about another 20 players to add to that list, unless we are saying those remaining 20 are on about £500 a week each.

Heisenberg
13-01-2022, 09:20 AM
They think we gave Nisbet 8k a week when we signed him from Dunfermline? 😂

Every single one of those will be wrong.

superfurryhibby
13-01-2022, 09:24 AM
It's all a loadae pish. No one knows, except the player and their agent and I don't think they will be casually discussing their wages with team mates as some have suggested.

ian cruise
13-01-2022, 09:25 AM
This is going to be one of those threads I should avoid reading but will be drawn to with every refresh 🍿

Definitely potential to be thread of the year.

Edinburgh Green
13-01-2022, 09:26 AM
They think we gave Nisbet 8k a week when we signed him from Dunfermline? 😂

Every single one of those will be wrong.

Exactly! Will it stop them from passing them of as facts, no!

TBH I think a lot of it stems from not wanting to admit to themselves how chronically they have underperformed in recent years with the financial backing they've had, so they try to tar us with the same brush.

Iain G
13-01-2022, 09:29 AM
This is going to be one of those threads I should avoid reading but will be drawn to with every refresh 🍿

Definitely potential to be thread of the year.

I doubt it will make it beyond 3 pages before being closed down :agree:

Bostonhibby
13-01-2022, 09:32 AM
I doubt it will make it beyond 3 pages before being closed down :agree:Prize for whoever invents the biggest number before it's closed down?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

The dalmeny
13-01-2022, 09:33 AM
Never see the point in this speculation.

Hibbyradge
13-01-2022, 09:34 AM

Boyle 10k
Mueller 9k
Nisbet 8k
Murphy 8k
Doidge 7k
Doig 6k
JDH 6k
Cadden 6k
Magennis 6k

Those are the monthly salaries.

Since90+2
13-01-2022, 09:39 AM
Those are the monthly salaries.

If Boyle is at Hibs on 2.5k a week then we got the deal of the century when he extended his deal.

Hibbyradge
13-01-2022, 09:40 AM
If Boyle is at Hibs on 2.5k a week then we got the deal of the century when he extended his deal.

I know, but it's probably closer to the truth than the fiction in the OP.

And he did ask us to add our own bollox...

SChibs
13-01-2022, 09:44 AM

Probably has big goal, assist and appearance bonuses to bump up that wage if true

JimBHibees
13-01-2022, 09:53 AM
Never see the point in this speculation.

Yep completely negative and serves no purpose other than to stir it which some seem to revel in.

Scouse Hibee
13-01-2022, 09:57 AM
It's all a loadae pish. No one knows, except the player and their agent and I don't think they will be casually discussing their wages with team mates as some have suggested.

This.

Wakeyhibee
13-01-2022, 10:09 AM
2019 Hibs ave wage was £120k pa according to a study published in the Scotsman. Cant see it being nuch different now. So £2.4k per week blows those figures out of the water. Couple of high earners possibly but most will be around that figure unless we're heading for insolvency which i very much doubt.

Pagan Hibernia
13-01-2022, 10:12 AM
Jambos said this? And people are taking it seriously? :greengrin

they’re full of pish and hot air as usual.

Iain G
13-01-2022, 10:13 AM
Prize for whoever invents the biggest number before it's closed down?

Martin Boyle is earning a basic wage of £10000 a week, with 19p per mile for petrol costs from his permanent address to East Mains every day, however Martin has a new house in Brisbane which he classes as his permanent home, a distance of 10,142 miles.

So every day his travel bill to and from training adds up to £3853, so 5 days a week x £3853 = £19,269 per week + his £10000 basic means he earns £29, 269 per week or approx. £1.5m per year.

Of course this doesn't include match day travel costs :greengrin

Hibbyradge
13-01-2022, 10:15 AM
Martin Boyle is earning a basic wage of £10000 a week, with 19p per mile for petrol costs from his permanent address to East Mains every day, however Martin has a new house in Brisbane which he classes as his permanent home, a distance of 10,142 miles.

So every day his travel bill to and from training adds up to £3853, so 5 days a week x £3853 = £19,269 per week + his £10000 basic means he earns £29, 269 per week or approx. £1.5m per year.

Of course this doesn't include match day travel costs :greengrin

That echoes with what I was told.

The dalmeny
13-01-2022, 10:40 AM
Yep completely negative and serves no purpose other than to stir it which some seem to revel in.

Nice summary

J-C
13-01-2022, 10:45 AM

Boyle 5k
Mueller 3.5k
Nisbet 2.5k
Murphy 4k
Doidge 2k
Doig 2k
JDH 3k
Cadden 3k
Magennis 3k

Fixed that for you.

Green_one
13-01-2022, 10:53 AM

Boyle 10k
Mueller 9k
Nisbet 8k
Murphy 8k
Doidge 7k
Doig 6k
JDH 6k
Cadden 6k
Magennis 6k

It is true. Jambos are famously brilliant at arithmetic

What a load of tosh. Before starting a thread you should at least apply a modicum of common sense

Edinburgh Green
13-01-2022, 11:25 AM
It is true. Jambos are famously brilliant at arithmetic

What a load of tosh. Before starting a thread you should at least apply a modicum of common sense

Of course it's tosh, thought i'd made that pretty clear?

As I said, these overinflated figures stem jambos trying to project their own issues over how chronically they have underperformed in recent years with the financial backing they've had, onto us.

If you have an issue with the thread, move along, there's plenty other that may pique your interest.

Hibs90
13-01-2022, 11:32 AM
https://twitter.com/p_mcpartlin/status/1481566239461978115?s=20

:cb

Bostonhibby
13-01-2022, 11:35 AM

Of course this doesn't include match day travel costs :greengrinCan I just stick £1 on top of all these figures.

Much nearer the mark.

jacomo
13-01-2022, 11:39 AM

It’s about time we started talking about ‘the project’ while nodding sagely.

MWHIBBIES
13-01-2022, 12:13 PM
Fixed that for you.

Dunno about Doidge signing a new deal to be on less than guys we signed from Dunfermline and St Mirren.

HoboHarry
13-01-2022, 12:20 PM
Cracks me up when posters state precise figures as if they actually know lol. That random internet posters purport to know Hibs players contract details is laughable...

Waxy
13-01-2022, 12:58 PM
Its none of our business really what the players make.
Nothing good can come of this.

Hibbyradge
13-01-2022, 01:02 PM

Boyle 10k
Mueller 9k
Nisbet 8k
Murphy 8k
Doidge 7k
Doig 6k
JDH 6k
Cadden 6k
Magennis 6k

That's £3.5m on 9 players. :faf:

We currently have another 22 in the first team squad, plus all the juniors, youths and staff.

Then we have to run the stadium.

What's our annual income again...?

Iain G
13-01-2022, 01:03 PM
Its none of our business really what the players make.
Nothing good can come of this.

But without this information how do we make up some kind of arbitrary sliding scale of wage thief-ness so that we have a standard set to accuse the players the next time we lose a game? :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
13-01-2022, 01:14 PM

Boyle 10k
Mueller 9k
Nisbet 8k
Murphy 8k
Doidge 7k
Doig 6k
JDH 6k
Cadden 6k
Magennis 6k

What Ron Gordon said when he came in was music to my ears, that his intention was to up the wages Hibs were able to pay and he was bang on, that is how Hibs will be competitive, not by paying big transfer fees.

But in such a short time from that statement I am absolutely sure Hibs aren't paying these sorts of wages. I could imagine perhaps Boyle is on over 5 grand a week as an absolute exception, but 9 players on that with some nearer 10K a week ......... not a snowballs chance in hell ...... If we were paying that sort of money we would be getting half decent players from the lower end of the English championship and the Dutch premier league, not the Norwegian 2nd division and MLS.

We have a long way to go financially before we start paying anybody 10K a week.

Mick O'Rourke
13-01-2022, 02:55 PM
How times and wages have changed since the days of my favourite Hibs era ..The Tornadoes.
There are players becoming millionaires overnight on the stroke of a pen.
Back then,The Tornadoes basic wage was not much more than a tradesman on a building site.

Goodness knows what value that team would be now.
Bonuses topped up Hibs wages then.
Crucial add ons for the married guys. Real incentive to win.
Good job that team,in its short life, won a lot of games !!

Decent living, but not life changing,as can be today.

GordonHFC
13-01-2022, 02:58 PM
What it the point of this and what is it supposed to achieve. I don't give a monkey's what a player earns and I have no right to know.

hibee-boys
13-01-2022, 03:02 PM

Boyle 10k
Mueller 9k
Nisbet 8k
Murphy 8k
Doidge 7k
Doig 6k
JDH 6k
Cadden 6k
Magennis 6k

🙈😂…….seen some nonsense on here but this tops the lot.

Rumble de Thump
13-01-2022, 03:04 PM
It seems unbelievable that Dabrowski is on 9k per week before bonuses.

greenlex
13-01-2022, 03:28 PM
To think Petrie used to pay the young players absolute buttons and then make them pay for their meals. Changed days indeed.

The dalmeny
13-01-2022, 03:45 PM
What it the point of this and what is it supposed to achieve. I don't give a monkey's what a player earns and I have no right to know.

But but but some Jambos have been saying .........

Bostonhibby
13-01-2022, 05:12 PM
But but but some Jambos have been saying .........How many jambos we talking here, 400,000? 500,000?more?

Hibees1973
13-01-2022, 05:45 PM
Just the Yams trying to soften their own conscience with regards to decades of money laundering/not paying for the poppies/charitable benefactor donations....the list goes on but will just stop there.

13-01-2022, 08:11 PM
Prize for whoever invents the biggest number before it's closed down?

Heard Mueller is getting £ထ

Mick O'Rourke
13-01-2022, 08:15 PM
Eye saw what you did there :wink:

Hibbyradge
13-01-2022, 08:15 PM
That's a lot, certainly would make him our highest earner, but is that before or after tax?

CropleyWasGod
13-01-2022, 08:18 PM

Gerd Muller Shirley?

Juniper Greens
13-01-2022, 08:33 PM
Surprised they haven't claimed that Ron is on 100k a week...

13-01-2022, 08:34 PM
Eye saw what you did there :wink:

That's a lot, certainly would make him our highest earner, but is that before or after tax?

Gerd Muller Shirley?

🙂👍

NAE NOOKIE
13-01-2022, 10:09 PM

As individuals I agree, what a person earns is their business and theirs alone.

However, in general what players at a club earn, for example what is the lowest we pay a first team player, what is the highest and what is the average annual salary for a first team player with no actual names being known are relevant when it comes to knowing how competitive your team can or should be.

If Aberdeen's average is £8,000, Hearts average is £6,000 and Hibs average is £4,000 then we know why over the last 20 years Hibs have trailed these two clubs. Conversely, if it turns out Hibs are actually paying around £7,000 and that is on a level or better than these two clubs and we continue to trail them then that gives us as fans scope to be asking why we have failed to compete with them in the league over the last 20 years or so, last season notwithstanding.

So no, an individual players wage is none of our business, but what we pay on average is relevant to how we as fans perceive the clubs ability to be competitive and as paying customers for a business where wages directly impact its ability to be competitive I think we have some right to know whether the money we pay is being put to good use on the park or not ..... EG, if we were paying an average of 7K a week in this league and failing to make Europe behind teams paying less than 2K a week then surely we would have to be asking why when 7K has to get you better quality than 2K.

Winston Ingram
13-01-2022, 10:13 PM

Boyle 10k
Mueller 9k
Nisbet 8k
Murphy 8k
Doidge 7k
Doig 6k
JDH 6k
Cadden 6k
Magennis 6k

You’d be more accurate if you halfed those numbers. That’s nearly £3.5m a year.

FilipinoHibs
13-01-2022, 10:27 PM
Edinburgh Green what was the purpose of your post. I see you are due a testimonial. Are you a sleeper?

JamesHFC
13-01-2022, 10:35 PM
Most the players probably don’t even know what eachother are getting.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-01-2022, 10:38 PM
70.62% of stats and wages are made up on the spot :)

Viva_Palmeiras
13-01-2022, 10:40 PM
Most the players probably don’t even know what eachother are getting.

You for example are on £3k a week - prove its not so :)

ian cruise
13-01-2022, 10:45 PM

Don't believe this for a minute. The guy has an owl, I've seen the photos. Those things aren't cheap.

Lancs Harp
13-01-2022, 10:54 PM
SPL rule 18.75 "all information regarding Hibs signings including financial data must be declared on Kickback"

JimBHibees
14-01-2022, 05:52 AM
SPL rule 18.75 "all information regarding Hibs signings including financial data must be declared on Kickback"

Declared and verified by Kickback :greengrin

Bostonhibby
14-01-2022, 07:12 AM
SPL rule 18.75 "all information regarding Hibs signings including financial data must be declared on Kickback"To avoid money laundering, they know how to spot it the simple fans do.

Edinburgh Green
14-01-2022, 08:29 AM
Edinburgh Green what was the purpose of your post. I see you are due a testimonial. Are you a sleeper?

That I thought it was amusing what hearts fans are passing off as fact to try and make out Ron Gordon, is Vlad mark 2.

I've no idea what a sleeper is.

Green_one
14-01-2022, 09:05 AM
As individuals I agree, what a person earns is their business and theirs alone.

However, in general what players at a club earn, for example what is the lowest we pay a first team player, what is the highest and what is the average annual salary for a first team player with no actual names being known are relevant when it comes to knowing how competitive your team can or should be.

If Aberdeen's average is £8,000, Hearts average is £6,000 and Hibs average is £4,000 then we know why over the last 20 years Hibs have trailed these two clubs. Conversely, if it turns out Hibs are actually paying around £7,000 and that is on a level or better than these two clubs and we continue to trail them then that gives us as fans scope to be asking why we have failed to compete with them in the league over the last 20 years or so, last season notwithstanding.
2K.

Stop making sense. This thread does not deserve it :greengrin

We lack detail as you say but it is clear Hearts significantly outspend us on wages and annoyingly we underperform against sides with much lower wages. One thing I would throw in is, some sides (eg the famous dumbos ) , have inflated squads which is another major wage factor

Mick O'Rourke
14-01-2022, 09:26 AM
That I thought it was amusing what hearts fans are passing off as fact to try and make out Ron Gordon, is Vlad mark 2.

I've no idea what a sleeper is.

Night train to London :greengrin

Sioux
14-01-2022, 10:23 AM
Come on guys, its not just Jambos that are making up these figures.