PDA

View Full Version : Five subs to return?

Tambo
13-01-2022, 08:04 AM
Celtic vs Hibernian will be the first match to see the 5 substitution rule come back into play, according to the Times.

The Hoops will return to Premiership action against Shaun Maloney’s side on Monday night. The contest will mark the end of the winter break as Celtic look to go on a sustained run of victories to pile the pressure on Rangers.

I wasn't aware of this rule coming back.

Billy Whizz
13-01-2022, 08:05 AM
This is good news as far as I’m concerned
Think the cup is still 3

04Sauzee
13-01-2022, 08:08 AM
Celtic vs Hibernian will be the first match to see the 5 substitution rule come back into play, according to the Times.

The Hoops will return to Premiership action against Shaun Maloney’s side on Monday night. The contest will mark the end of the winter break as Celtic look to go on a sustained run of victories to pile the pressure on Rangers.

I wasn't aware of this rule coming back.
Seen a twitter account comment on this this morning wasn't sure if it was legit or not but seems it is.

Smartie
13-01-2022, 08:11 AM
I think 5 subs is a good rule.

I also thought that Jack Ross under-utilised it when it was in place before.

wookie70
13-01-2022, 09:51 AM
A rule that benefits big clubs imo and in Scotland that is the Uglies. Is there any evidence that player's health is different now compared to pre-pandemic. On the one hand some teams are being asked to bring back 18 year olds from loan deals and on the other they are saying more subs are needed. Makes no sense to me.

Brightside
13-01-2022, 09:53 AM
A rule that benefits big clubs imo and in Scotland that is the Uglies. Is there any evidence that player's health is different now compared to pre-pandemic. On the one hand some teams are being asked to bring back 18 year olds from loan deals and on the other they are saying more subs are needed. Makes no sense to me.

Why wouldnt you want 5 subs? Id go for unlimited subs tbh.

MWHIBBIES
13-01-2022, 09:56 AM

It benefits all clubs equally. Certainly benefits Hibs in terms of giving younger lads minutes.

More games in less time is a good enough reason for this. Players are knackered

SChibs
13-01-2022, 10:17 AM
It benefits all clubs equally. Certainly benefits Hibs in terms of giving younger lads minutes.

I don't think it does benefit all teams equally when you look at how strong Celtic and Rangers benches are at times. It's apparent when you look at Man City's bench in the EPL compared to the smaller teams when when have the likes of Foden, De Bruyne, Walker, Sterling and Stones waiting to come on, all world class players on their day.

Hibee87
13-01-2022, 10:30 AM
I would like to see the 5 sub rule permanent, but changed slightly.

I would exclude keeper sub for injury (red cards exempt) where a injury to the keeper can be made out with the other 5 subs.

3 subs as standard as it is now

2 subs allowed making it 5, but those 2 should you wish to use them must be players from the youth academy/setup. Something along those lines anyway

Diclonius
13-01-2022, 10:39 AM
I like the five subs thing. Hope it stays.

Lago
13-01-2022, 11:03 AM
Soon be like the NFL, multiple subs, just waiting for the introduction of time outs.

wookie70
13-01-2022, 09:18 PM

It benefits the clubs with the strongest squads. I suppose that means we are on the win side as we are in the top half of teams with the strongest squads in our league. Why would young players get any more minutes. That would only be if there wasn't more experienced or better performing players to put on the bench.

1van Sprou7e
14-01-2022, 10:32 AM
I think 5 subs is a good rule.

I also thought that Jack Ross under-utilised it when it was in place before.

Probably because we had no depth to be fair

Green Reaper
14-01-2022, 10:58 AM
Should be good for us as we can keep up the high tempo Shaun wants and then be able to replace players when needed without worrying about only being able to sub 3

ahibby
14-01-2022, 07:57 PM
Should be good for us as we can keep up the high tempo Shaun wants and then be able to replace players when needed without worrying about only being able to sub 3

I usually make about five pubs on matchday.

jacomo
14-01-2022, 09:46 PM
Why wouldnt you want 5 subs? Id go for unlimited subs tbh.

It’s a bigger advantage to the clubs with the best squads. It definitely benefits the old firm the most.