Winston Ingram
09-01-2022, 09:53 AM
https://twitter.com/bobbynwanze_/status/1479913860689797124?s=21

Anyone know what this is about?

hibby rae
09-01-2022, 10:08 AM

What is it he actually says? I can't make it out. I'm assuming it's to do with players.

Good to hear the move to Meadowbank will be done in a couple months.

MWHIBBIES
09-01-2022, 10:11 AM
Meadowbank will be an awful place to watch football. Its a big gym with a gazebo of seats isn't it? Poor fans.

hibby rae
09-01-2022, 10:14 AM
Meadowbank will be an awful place to watch football. Its a big gym with a gazebo of seats isn't it? Poor fans.

Haven't seen the new one, but Ainslie Park isn't amazing either, and Meadowbank is in a better location. Hopefully Hibs Women get moved there after this season too.

Winston Ingram
09-01-2022, 10:17 AM
What is it he actually says? I can't make it out. I'm assuming it's to do with players.

Good to hear the move to Meadowbank will be done in a couple months.

He says we’ve done a deal with Hibernian which we can’t announce yet

Lancs Harp
09-01-2022, 10:52 AM
Is there not a minimum stadium capacity for being a Scottish League Club (there is in England for instance) the new stadium has a 500 seater stand and thats it as far as I can tell.Not very ambitious for the future and what would happen if they got a decent cup draw? Move the tie elsewhere presumerbly?

hibby rae
09-01-2022, 10:54 AM
Is there not a minimum stadium capacity for being a Scottish League Club (there is in England for instance) the new stadium has a 500 seater stand and thats it as far as I can tell.Not very ambitious for the future and what would happen if they got a decent cup draw? Move the tie elsewhere presumerbly?

Surely there will be standing as well then?

Just a quick check for comparison, Gayfield only has 861 seating.

Lancs Harp
09-01-2022, 10:56 AM
Surely there will be standing as well then?

Just a quick check for comparison, Gayfield only has 861 seating.

I dont know what provision they have for standing, I watched them pre move in the old Meadowbank and there was no provision for standing.

Brightside
09-01-2022, 10:58 AM

Would be nice if the guy looked at the person he’s interviewing.

ian cruise
09-01-2022, 11:02 AM
He says we’ve done a deal with Hibernian which we can’t announce yet

Wee leak about who is actually buying Boyle?

hibby rae
09-01-2022, 11:03 AM
I dont know what provision they have for standing, I watched them pre move in the old Meadowbank and there was no provision for standing.

Looking at an Evening News article, it says there is an agreement to build an additional 1500 seater stand, whether that happens or not though.

Would be a shame if there wasn't standing as well, otherwise is it not just space going to waste?

Hibs4185
09-01-2022, 11:16 AM
I wonder if they might be a sort of unofficial B team where our development players get competitive football or something similar

hibby rae
09-01-2022, 11:21 AM
I wonder if they might be a sort of unofficial B team where our development players get competitive football or something similar

Might be, similar to the Stenny deal but not sure how that would work with two teams in the same league. Or is the Stenny deal is still running.

Lancs Harp
09-01-2022, 11:22 AM
Do we still have that "strategic partnership" with Stenhousemuir?

The dalmeny
09-01-2022, 11:39 AM

sure I read 500 was the minimum to have athletics meets

Billy Whizz
09-01-2022, 11:40 AM
Do we still have that "strategic partnership" with Stenhousemuir?

We don’t have players with them at the moment
Edinburgh City would make more sense, we have Innes Murray and Jack Brydon with them just now

NAE NOOKIE
09-01-2022, 12:30 PM
We already have a financial tie in with Edinburgh City, Hibs fans put a fortune over the bar at their social club every time we are at home :greengrin

hibbyfraelibby
09-01-2022, 01:24 PM
No minimum size but apparently you need at least two turnstiles (which was a point of dispute between the City of Edinburgh Council and Edinburgh City FC when the redevelopment of Meadowbank was being discussed and Ciry refused to pay for the extra turnstile over thd single one the council intended to build.

lord bunberry
09-01-2022, 02:08 PM
I wonder why this has taken so long. City are the most obvious team for hibs to have a deal with, we can send them our promising young players and help them out with things like player recovery from injury. Once they’re back at Meadowbank you might get a few hibs fans going along to see them if we’re not playing, it would be a good chance to see how our young players are doing.

Lancs Harp
09-01-2022, 02:11 PM
I wonder why this has taken so long. City are the most obvious team for hibs to have a deal with, we can send them our promising young players and help them out with things like player recovery from injury. Once they’re back at Meadowbank you might get a few hibs fans going along to see them if we’re not playing, it would be a good chance to see how our young players are doing.

They used to have an arrangement where Hibs (and Hearts) season ticket holders got addmission with a discount, I used it a few times. Do they still do that?

lord bunberry
09-01-2022, 02:52 PM
They used to have an arrangement where Hibs (and Hearts) season ticket holders got addmission with a discount, I used it a few times. Do they still do that?
I’m not sure mate.

GreenCastle
09-01-2022, 03:27 PM
Going to be rubbish having a stand and track in front of it trying to watch a game. Will be ok if the stands are close but not great if far away.

Seems like Meadowbank keeps getting delayed - any reason why?

ancient hibee
09-01-2022, 04:13 PM
I
Going to be rubbish having a stand and track in front of it trying to watch a game. Will be ok if the stands are close but not great if far away.

The expertise in construction work of Edinburgh Council?

Magpie2.0
09-01-2022, 04:20 PM

Issues around labour and supply of materials.

MWHIBBIES
09-01-2022, 05:03 PM

It was well behind to start with due to the demolition of the old building taking much longer than expected. Then covid shut things down for a while. Now big sites are having issues getting all the materials they require.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-01-2022, 08:08 PM
Issues around labour and supply of materials.

They must've asked Budgie to order the seats. 😀

NAE NOOKIE
09-01-2022, 10:21 PM
Couldn't they have shared Edinburgh Rugby's new 5.7 million quid stadium, it has a durable hybrid pitch that can take a lot of punishment. Also, when the City fans get bored they could while away the minutes counting the pillars :greengrin

Juniper Greens
10-01-2022, 05:04 AM
Couldn't they have shared Edinburgh Rugby's new 5.7 million quid stadium, it has a durable hybrid pitch that can take a lot of punishment. Also, when the City fans get bored they could while away the minutes counting the pillars :greengrin

Wrong part of town for them. I was surprised that hearts didn't try to get in on that build when it was first announced though

Steven79
10-01-2022, 09:47 AM

I've never seen so many pillars in my life.

Surely they could have got something better for that money? :confused:

The dalmeny
10-01-2022, 11:31 AM

It’s all temporary

.Sean.
10-01-2022, 11:45 AM
It’s all temporary
Which makes it all the more bizarre. Nearly 6 million quid for a scaffolding ‘stadium’

The dalmeny
10-01-2022, 05:03 PM
Which makes it all the more bizarre. Nearly 6 million quid for a scaffolding ‘stadium’

To be honest I don't know where this figure has come from (I'm not saying its wrong). I know the old 3 G pitch was knackered and needed replaced so it sounds like they've gone for top notch surface.

Think the 'capacity' was set so it would be nearer the average Edinburgh crowd size with the ability to increase the capacity as and when it got bigger.

Thin they are also playing Womens and U20 6Nations there

KeithWright9
11-01-2022, 04:02 AM
No minimum size but apparently you need at least two turnstiles (which was a point of dispute between the City of Edinburgh Council and Edinburgh City FC when the redevelopment of Meadowbank was being discussed and Ciry refused to pay for the extra turnstile over thd single one the council intended to build.

500 seats is required for a Bronze level licence. I believe City have an entry level licence which only requires 100 covered standing.

Juniper Greens
12-01-2022, 06:21 AM

It's when you compare it to St Mirren Park, which was built for about 8m that you think, wow the SRU were ripped off

jacomo
12-01-2022, 08:36 AM
They must've asked Budgie to order the seats. 😀

Which will be finished first - Meadowbank or the Hearts main stand?

The dalmeny
12-01-2022, 08:38 AM
It's when you compare it to St Mirren Park, which was built for about 8m that you think, wow the SRU were ripped off

Only if you want a stadium that looks like St mirren's

Winston Ingram
12-01-2022, 08:44 AM

I live near it and see it every day. It was £8m and it's effectively 4 big gazebo's and portakabin's for toilets. It's horrendous.

Paul1642
12-01-2022, 08:48 AM
I just had a look at images of the Stadium having never seen it before. What on earth is going on with it

The dalmeny
12-01-2022, 09:04 AM
I live near it and see it every day. It was £8m and it's effectively 4 big gazebo's and portakabin's for toilets. It's horrendous.

where do you get your 8m figure from?

as an aside St Mirren stadium was 8 million in 2009, wonder what that would be today

Winston Ingram
12-01-2022, 09:39 AM
where do you get your 8m figure from?

as an aside St Mirren stadium was 8 million in 2009, wonder what that would be today

I stand corrected. I'm sure I saw it was £8m somewhere. Looks like it was £5.7m.

Nakedmanoncrack
12-01-2022, 12:02 PM
Just looked at the new Rugby "stadium", unbelievable!!
By far the worst new build in the country, appalling.

davhibby
12-01-2022, 01:00 PM

St Mirren’s ground is pretty good for that size of ground, certainly miles ahead of this rugby stadium. What they’ve ended up with is effectively 4 gazebos with pillars in the way of half the fans. It seems strange that somebody actually thought that was a good idea.

Hopefully Meadowbank turns out alright and Edinburgh City get a chance to have a go at progressing in the self with their own ground

Steven79
12-01-2022, 01:21 PM

Are you seriously trying to say that the Edinburgh rugby ground is better than St Mirren's?

Paul1642
12-01-2022, 01:31 PM
Just looked at the new Rugby "stadium", unbelievable!!
By far the worst new build in the country, appalling.

Wonder how much the architect got paid for that.

Steven79
12-01-2022, 01:44 PM
Wonder how much the architect got paid for that.

Probably a Tory, it only really cost half a million and they pocketed the rest...

scoopyboy
12-01-2022, 01:47 PM
We already have a financial tie in with Edinburgh City, Hibs fans put a fortune over the bar at their social club every time we are at home :greengrin

I was told by an ex manager of Edinburgh City that the club don't get anything from the social club, I had thought that was the purpose of it.

The dalmeny
12-01-2022, 01:48 PM
Are you seriously trying to say that the Edinburgh rugby ground is better than St Mirren's?
No I'm saying they didn't want a stadium like St Mirrens.

Also not sure what the planning rules were because isn't that a flood plain and the might be issues building permanent structures on it?

Groathillgrump
12-01-2022, 02:10 PM

Here's a photo of the new 'stand' at Meadowbank. It looks like an afterthought the way it's been attached to the main building.

GreenCastle
12-01-2022, 02:16 PM
Here's a photo of the new 'stand' at Meadowbank. It looks like an afterthought the way it's been attached to the main building.

At least the last old stand you could sit higher up and get a good view.

This is just cheap nonsense - shame as Edinburgh City could really grow if they had a proper set up. If it rains you will get soaked.

hibby rae
12-01-2022, 02:19 PM

That's a shame. I was under the impression they were buildng a proper stand, like the old stadium had.

Nakedmanoncrack
12-01-2022, 03:24 PM

That really is pitiful, at least the rugby effort offers something else to compare it with - that makes it look less of a mess.

Steven79
12-01-2022, 03:35 PM

Edinburgh City must be looking for a new ground surely as that's pathetic.

MWHIBBIES
12-01-2022, 03:43 PM

It was always the plan for it to be 500 seats. I was told about it while working there 2 years ago. Was told as well that Edinburgh City would not be returning there.

It's a sports complex now. Not a football stadium.

lord bunberry
12-01-2022, 04:31 PM

There must be standing round the pitch, surely they won’t be able to fit everyone into that feeble effort. They’d be better off at Peffermill than there.

Fuzzywuzzy
12-01-2022, 04:37 PM
Without sounding ridiculous, will there be standing as surely on the embankment you'd get a better view than from there

GreenCastle
12-01-2022, 04:50 PM
Without sounding ridiculous, will there be standing as surely on the embankment you'd get a better view than from there

Don’t think there is an embankment anymore as they are building flats round the outside of it.

You can’t have anyone standing in front of the stand as spectators won’t be able to see.

Only option is other 3 sides but it’s really poorly thought out.

Since452
12-01-2022, 04:52 PM

Not sure Edinburgh City would fill that pictured stand anyway.

Since90+2
12-01-2022, 05:04 PM
Spartans is a far better setup. Stand is better, it's right beside the pitch and you can stand against the railings if you want too. Also got a cafe/bar where you can get scran before the game or at half time if you want.

Edinburgh City should just stay at Ainslie Park.

FastEddieFelson
12-01-2022, 06:28 PM
It was always the plan for it to be 500 seats. I was told about it while working there 2 years ago. Was told as well that Edinburgh City would not be returning there.

It's a sports complex now. Not a football stadium.

Was it also always the plan for the stand to be built 500ft from the pitch?

Waxy
12-01-2022, 06:31 PM
That rugby “stadium” has to be the worst build in modern times.

Winston Ingram
12-01-2022, 07:47 PM

It’s more than enough for Edinburgh City

Winston Ingram
12-01-2022, 07:50 PM

Tbf, if they need another stand they could build another one of those in a fortnight

Waxy
12-01-2022, 07:58 PM
Some cracking clubs will be winning the lowland league over the next ten years.Edinburgh City might struggle to stay in the league anyway.

hibby rae
12-01-2022, 10:37 PM
Some cracking clubs will be winning the lowland league over the next ten years.Edinburgh City might struggle to stay in the league anyway.

Would be great to see Bonnyrigg take Cowdenbeath's place. Defo go to the play-offs if they get there.

Winston Ingram
13-01-2022, 05:45 AM

I’m baffled how they can exist. They have little to no fan base whatsoever.

Keith_M
13-01-2022, 11:12 AM

:agree:

First time I saw a picture of that stadium I honestly thought it was a wind up.

Steven79
13-01-2022, 11:16 AM
I’m baffled how they can exist. They have little to no fan base whatsoever.Can't be easy with having such a massive club on their doorstep. [emoji102]

They should probably move to another part of Edinburgh where they can build a fanbase.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Winston Ingram
13-01-2022, 04:27 PM
Can't be easy with having such a massive club on their doorstep. [emoji102]

They should probably move to another part of Edinburgh where they can build a fanbase.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Absolutely

O'Rourke3
14-01-2022, 09:57 PM
I’m baffled how they can exist. They have little to no fan base whatsoever.Most of the Meadowbank fans moved over to City when Bill Hunter moved the team to Livingston. It was a well run club for a long time and made a fortune selling their social club on Greenside Place. Unlikely to get a lot further but may have found their level.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk