PDA

View Full Version : Drey Wright

Unseen work
27-12-2021, 02:23 PM
Since no one else has I’ll do it, well done last night Drey.

It’s far from easy coming into a team when you’ve hardly played in well a year and a half.

He looked leaner, sharper and quicker than previous performances.

He played his inside left type role brilliantly. He was always offering for the ball and being brave on it. He started the game very positive with a run from deep and a couple of shots from distance.

He worked hard defensively , won the ball back and hassled the opposition.

He also played a huge part in the goal.

It might not suit everyone’s agenda but he offered far more in that role than Allan against Aberdeen.

Now it’s one performance, but there’s positives to take.

Well done Drey and hopefully you kick on.

Northernhibee
27-12-2021, 02:26 PM
I don't know why, I've had the feeling for a while, but I've got a feeling that there's still a player in there somewhere.

Maybe, just maybe, he wasn't suited to a Jack Ross team and he might prove a lot of people wrong.

It's a hunch I can't explain with very little to back it up but it's worth giving him another start next time around off the back of that.

Bostonhibby
27-12-2021, 02:27 PM
Watched the game on Alba earlier, thought he put in a decent shift, well done to him for stepping up.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Jones28
27-12-2021, 02:28 PM
I don't know why, I've had the feeling for a while, but I've got a feeling that there's still a player in there somewhere.

Maybe, just maybe, he wasn't suited to a Jack Ross team and he might prove a lot of people wrong.

It's a hunch I can't explain with very little to back it up but it's worth giving him another start next time around off the back of that.

Agree with this, I just think he hasn’t been done justice by the systems we’ve played and competing for a spot with Boyle as a right winger.

Playing that role really suited him and I’m delighted he’s been given that chance. SM was really clear when he came in everyone will get a clean break. Maybe we will see something similar from Scott?

IncredibleHibee
27-12-2021, 02:29 PM
He was so good that he got subbed on 60 mins ….

Unseen work
27-12-2021, 02:29 PM

I said the same yesterday before the game.

Like yourself it’s a bit hard to justify when overall he’s been poor, but I just think he manipulates and moves his body in a certain way to create a yard of space and has the ability to receive on the half then and play one touch.

One thing he is poor at is an out and out winger, I never had faith he’d skin a full back to the byline and whip in a cross.

But I’m not sure that’s his game, I think getting i between the lines and receiving in the half turn is much more suited to him and he created a couple of chances.

Unseen work
27-12-2021, 02:30 PM

You’re right, that had nothing to do with him not playing 60 minutes in probably 7 months.

He was always going to get tired.

B.H.F.C
Thought he did fine. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think that position is one we need to look at.

IncredibleHibee

Agree

Northernhibee

He's not started in quite some time. He'll be short of match sharpness but hopefully a good winter break and another couple of starts will help him out with that.

He was unquestionably very good yesterday though.

IncredibleHibee
27-12-2021, 02:46 PM
He's not started in quite some time. He'll be short of match sharpness but hopefully a good winter break and another couple of starts will help him out with that.

He was unquestionably very good yesterday though.

I think he did fine. Certainly a big improvement than last time I saw him. I don’t think he was ‘very good’ yesterday but that’s just my opinion, hopefully he will kick on but I have serious reservations

Irish_Steve
27-12-2021, 02:56 PM
I think he did fine. Certainly a big improvement than last time I saw him. I don’t think he was ‘very good’ yesterday but that’s just my opinion, hopefully he will kick on but I have serious reservations

With backing like that, how can he fail?? St. Johnstone were seriously miffed to lose him, I don’t think Jack Ross knew how best to play him.

Just imagine sitting at your work desk and virtually everyone who walks past you says that you are hopeless.

I thought he did really well yesterday

B.H.F.C
27-12-2021, 02:59 PM
With backing like that, how can he fail?? St. Johnstone were seriously miffed to lose him, I don’t think Jack Ross knew how best to play him.

Just imagine sitting at your work desk and virtually everyone who walks past you says that you are hopeless.

Don’t think anyone has said his contribution yesterday was hopeless to be fair.

bingo70
27-12-2021, 03:20 PM

I agree and said the same on the PM Board yesterday.

On the positive side, I think he really helped with the high press, he worked really hard and did well closing down in the opposition half.

On the negative side, I want more from the attacking players in the final third. I don’t remember him creating anything or looking dangerous at all.

He certainly wasn’t poor or anything like that, he did alright but if we want to compete for 3rd we need more I think.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-12-2021, 03:32 PM
If Drey Wright not lasting 90 minutes is the mandatory negative that we have to find after a good performance, then I will take that all day long.

Scouse Hibee
27-12-2021, 03:42 PM

Yes you’re correct, after not playing in over a year for the first team and putting in a decent shift, how dare he only last 60 minutes 🙄

Scott Allan coming on for thirty minutes or less and having a great impact is a completely different story eh!

loanheadhibby
27-12-2021, 04:20 PM
Since no one else has I’ll do it, well done last night Drey.

It’s far from easy coming into a team when you’ve hardly played in well a year and a half.

He looked leaner, sharper and quicker than previous performances.

He played his inside left type role brilliantly. He was always offering for the ball and being brave on it. He started the game very positive with a run from deep and a couple of shots from distance.

He worked hard defensively , won the ball back and hassled the opposition.

He also played a huge part in the goal.

It might not suit everyone’s agenda but he offered far more in that role than Allan against Aberdeen.

Now it’s one performance, but there’s positives to take.

Well done Drey and hopefully you kick on.
He played his role brilliantly ?
Could be a chance for him with a new manager in place but doubt he is good enough to take it.
Hopefully I'm wrong.

Smartie
27-12-2021, 04:27 PM
I thought he was excellent.

Not perfect - there were few touches that were the touch of a rusty player, but I'd expect that to improve further after a few games. That might be what those who are being more critical are choosing to focus on, as well as the fact that at the end of the day there wasn't an awful lot of end product.

He came in at a tricky time and we were wanting someone who would take players on like Boyle. When he didn't do that, he immediately got a lot of flak and his head went down. He also looked a wee bit sluggish, considering we were expecting a player who was meant to be fairly quick. I'm not sure how accurate those expectations are, but they didn't appear to be being met early on.

The position he played yesterday looked much more suited to his skillset and I also thought he looked leaner, quicker and sharper.

Drey Wright has actually had a few decent games for us in the past and come on late in games to help us out. He tends to make the one or two mistakes that you go away remembering though and he's never really looked happy in a Hibs shirt - until yesterday.

As well as he did I actually think he can do better still if he gets a few games under his belt. He may yet prove to be like a new signing and will be grateful for the fresh start under a new manager.

Since452
27-12-2021, 04:34 PM
Well played Drey.

Hibiza
27-12-2021, 04:35 PM
Perhaps we should have been playing him as a centre forward these last 6 months.

ahibby
27-12-2021, 04:56 PM
Perhaps we should have been playing him as a centre forward these last 6 months.

Intelligent player

lord bunberry
27-12-2021, 05:07 PM
I thought he did ok which is a huge improvement on what he’s done in the past. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him involved a bit more if he doesn’t leave in January, but I’d imagine he’s a bit further down the pecking order than guys like Magennis and young lad from Raith.

worcesterhibby
27-12-2021, 05:10 PM
He will have found it much easier to play with freedom, when he didn’t have Hibs supporters abusing him from the start. :agree:

Iggy Pope
27-12-2021, 05:21 PM
He will have found it much easier to play with freedom, when he didn’t have Hibs supporters abusing him from the start. :agree:

That just doesn’t happen in my experience.

IncredibleHibee
27-12-2021, 05:25 PM

You’re engaging in reductio ad absurdum which doesn’t really add anything to the discussion to be honest but as has been pointed out by others no one has said he was terrible yesterday. I thought he was fine - a big improvement on previous outings. We will see if this is the start of him being able to contribute. Going by his time at the club so far, I’m not holding my breath but hopefully I am wrong.

P.s. if I was hopeless at my job I’d be let go. I would assume the same will be true with Wright in time

lord bunberry
27-12-2021, 05:31 PM
It certainly didn’t happen in Wrights case as the games were played with no fans in his first season.

Brooster
27-12-2021, 05:39 PM
IncredibleHibee....how ironic.

Iggy Pope
27-12-2021, 05:43 PM
It certainly didn’t happen in Wrights case as the games were played with no fans in his first season.

No ****?
He’s appeared a few times since though.

Dashing Bob S
27-12-2021, 05:46 PM
Thought he was decent. Important to acknowledge that as he hasn't had a great time since joining us. We should be looking at every position but if Maloney can get the beat out of him we might have a player on our hands after all, and save ourselves some money into the bargain. Wright has done little to excite me, yet perhaps perversely, I always had a sense that he'd come back to haunt us in a Hartleyesque way, and would thrive if deployed in a different system.

stevenson
27-12-2021, 05:46 PM
Drey put in a good shift in the first half and played a part in the opening goal. The style of play appeared to suit him whereas he had often looked slow and cumbersome playing in Jack's system. That said, I would be surprised if he features in Maloney's longer term plans. He will probably be looking for more quality than Drey offers even if he keeps up yesterday's form

worcesterhibby
27-12-2021, 05:58 PM

maybe it was just the guys I was sat next to :confused:

but to be fair I’ve not been at ER much in the last 3 years, I’m probably partly conflating the abuse he gets on the match day thread on here.

Iggy Pope
27-12-2021, 06:01 PM
maybe it was just the guys I was sat next to :confused:

Maybe. All I’ve ever heard on his appearance is nothing much at all!

Irish_Steve
27-12-2021, 06:04 PM
You’re engaging in reductio ad absurdum which doesn’t really add anything to the discussion to be honest but as has been pointed out by others no one has said he was terrible yesterday. I thought he was fine - a big improvement on previous outings. We will see if this is the start of him being able to contribute. Going by his time at the club so far, I’m not holding my breath but hopefully I am wrong.

P.s. if I was hopeless at my job I’d be let go. I would assume the same will be true with Wright in time

And they say Latin is a dead language, a case of Carpe Diem yesterday although for some on here, it would be caveat emptor

Viva_Palmeiras
27-12-2021, 06:24 PM

if you were hopeless at your job then most places have a policy on how to deal with that although contractors and folks on probation maybe let go I think you’ll find that some support will be given and opportunity given to improve.

Hiber-nation
27-12-2021, 06:28 PM
Did a good job for an hour. Way better than most of his other performances but he's been a huge disappointment overall. I'm assuming he'll move on in either January or the Summer as you'd think SM would want much better in that position.

Smartie
27-12-2021, 06:32 PM
Maybe. All I’ve ever heard on his appearance is nothing much at all!

TBH that's been as damning as abuse at times.

I'm sure I remember a game where both he and Scott Allan went on as subs. Scott Allan got the usual rapturous welcome and when Wright went on it would be an understatement to say his reception was muted.

I remember thinking that it must just be pish to come on to that. At least if folk booed, it would suggest they gave a ****.

J-C
27-12-2021, 06:36 PM
Drey did alright yesterday, Maloney said before the game that he'd responded well to training and deserved his chance. It could just be possible that some of the players weren't suited to Ross's tactics and Maloney is hopefully able to get a performance or two out of them, it's a clean slate for all the players.

Iggy Pope
27-12-2021, 06:54 PM
TBH that's been as damning as abuse at times.

I'm sure I remember a game where both he and Scott Allan went on as subs. Scott Allan got the usual rapturous welcome and when Wright went on it would be an understatement to say his reception was muted.

I remember thinking that it must just be pish to come on to that. At least if folk booed, it would suggest they gave a ****.

Can’t go anywhere with that really.

ahibby
27-12-2021, 07:30 PM
Drey put in a good shift in the first half and played a part in the opening goal. The style of play appeared to suit him whereas he had often looked slow and cumbersome playing in Jack's system. That said, I would be surprised if he features in Maloney's longer term plans. He will probably be looking for more quality than Drey offers even if he keeps up yesterday's form

IMO it was no coincidence that we only conceded after he went off. Murphy carries more of a gial threat but Drey is more of a tackling midfielder and he was involved in our first goal. We shouldnt underestimate that type of midfielder because players like him do not give the opposition a confidence platform to go on and do something special Watch Utds goal back from the Murphy missed tackle and I hope that exemplifies my meaning.

Brunswickbill
27-12-2021, 11:40 PM
Intelligent player

I agree. His positional sense, touch and passing were very good. I suspect that SM will value intelligent players like Wright who can play the system he wants. I think he has a bright future at Hibs.

Centre Hawf
27-12-2021, 11:40 PM
IMO it was no coincidence that we only conceded after he went off. Murphy carries more of a gial threat but Drey is more of a tackling midfielder and he was involved in our first goal. We shouldnt underestimate that type of midfielder because players like him do not give the opposition a confidence platform to go on and do something special Watch Utds goal back from the Murphy missed tackle and I hope that exemplifies my meaning.

I agree completely.

Maloney obviously wants to implement a 3-4-3 where Doig/Cadden go beyond the front 3 often and pack the box. He was the one picking up on the space left behind by either one and covered for them while also linking up with the midfield and attacking himself. He’s a much more intelligent player off the ball than I think people give him credit for and I think Maloney will continue to utilise him if he can display some of those same qualities he showed on Saturday.

dp00
28-12-2021, 08:50 AM

Same could be said about Allan when he gets subbed , given he hasn’t played for ages and the intensity we were playing it im guessing it was more to do with his fitness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightside
28-12-2021, 09:01 AM
I’ll be very surprised if either him or Allan are still here after Jan.

Pretty Boy
28-12-2021, 09:03 AM
I thought he played well. Was clearly tiring so a good decision to sub him.

He's shown flashes for us before. He was very good in a 2-2 draw at ER with Rangers last season as well.

The good thing about a new manager is it should be a fresh start for every player. Until we have a lot of new faces in, and it will be summer before we really address all the issues, then guys like Wright still have a part to play. It will have done him no harm at all to get a decent 60 minutes under his belt.

Keyser Sauzee
28-12-2021, 09:23 AM
I think his best performance for us since his arrival was against Celtic on the last day of the season where he played upfront. He didn’t do anything to stand out but his work rate was excellent and I think it may be his best position. I still don’t think he’ll ever be good enough or consistent enough to nail down a place tho. He done well on Sunday

RIP
28-12-2021, 09:55 AM
Drey Wright was probably one of many signings identified by our recruitment team as a player who could fit into The Hibs Way. Confident on the ball with a high pass completion percentage.
It took Joe Newell a while to shine at Hibs under the system Hecky played and I think that Ross’s tactics probably didn’t suit Drey.

Northernhibee
28-12-2021, 10:28 AM
I'd be absolutely delighted if he was to flourish under Maloney and earn himself a new contract. It would be a great example for our younger players - don't give up, keep working and results will come.

LustForLeith
28-12-2021, 10:29 AM
It’s the reactions on social media and the stands towards Wright that makes me embarrassed to be a Hibs fan. Mocking him when he comes on as a sub, having a go about his appearance. All from the Hibs Da’s who’d break into a sweat running a cold bath, never mind on a football pitch.

We’ll support you ever more and all that, eh

lord bunberry
28-12-2021, 10:52 AM
It’s the reactions on social media and the stands towards Wright that makes me embarrassed to be a Hibs fan. Mocking him when he comes on as a sub, having a go about his appearance. All from the Hibs Da’s who’d break into a sweat running a cold bath, never mind on a football pitch.

We’ll support you ever more and all that, eh
I agree it’s just uncalled for. Wright has been a big disappointment and will almost certainly leave either in January or the end of the season, but the abuse he gets on Twitter and by some at the games isn’t going to make him play any better, it’s having the opposite effect.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2021, 11:06 AM
The lad has been given a new chance under a new manager, time for us as fans to do the same.

Since452
28-12-2021, 11:17 AM
The lad has been given a new chance under a new manager, time for us as fans to do the same.

Well said.

McD
28-12-2021, 11:55 AM
I agree it’s just uncalled for. Wright has been a big disappointment and will almost certainly leave either in January or the end of the season, but the abuse he gets on Twitter and by some at the games isn’t going to make him play any better, it’s having the opposite effect.

:agree:

never seen a player improve by being booed or barracked from the stands (or online)

BILLYHIBS
28-12-2021, 12:32 PM
Pleased for him

Hope he kicks on

MrRobot
28-12-2021, 12:35 PM

Spot on

Golden Bear
28-12-2021, 12:40 PM

I also agree.

👍

Brunswickbill
28-12-2021, 12:59 PM
Looking at Drey’s career he seems to have played mainly in midfield when he was at Colchester. When he was signed for St Johnstone, Tommy Wright is quoted as saying that he saw him as a right sided attacking player. When he signed for Hibs he was billed as a speedy left winger. He’s certainly not a speedy winger and I think that the role was given against Dundee Utd is where he should be played. I think we’ll see more of him.

Libby Hibby
28-12-2021, 03:11 PM
I think he could do a job in the middle of the park. Decent squad player. I hope he takes his chance.

loanheadhibby
29-12-2021, 12:09 PM
I’ll be very surprised if either him or Allan are still here after Jan.

If Ross was still in charge, I'd totally agree. However, I get the impression that SM will give them both a chance to establish themselves in the team. I reckon both will get until the Summer. Whether either is good/fit enough to hold down a place is a different matter. Time will tell.

What we can't afford to do is let these guys leave without replacements in place. Whilst this season, neither has played lots of games, both seem to have been available for majority of games.

Brightside
29-12-2021, 12:22 PM
If Ross was still in charge, I'd totally agree. However, I get the impression that SM will give them both a chance to establish themselves in the team. I reckon both will get until the Summer. Whether either is good/fit enough to hold down a place is a different matter. Time will tell.

What we can't afford to do is let these guys leave without replacements in place. Whilst this season, neither has played lots of games, both seem to have been available for majority of games.

SM is only going to get more players in if he releases others. For me that means players like Allan, Wright, Mallberg, Gullan are all in the pot for negotiating moves. If they dont move on he wont get the fill the gaps he says we currently have - and i think everyone agrees we need more in defence and attack.

theonlywayisup
29-12-2021, 12:39 PM
I think his best performance for us since his arrival was against Celtic on the last day of the season where he played upfront. He didn’t do anything to stand out but his work rate was excellent and I think it may be his best position. I still don’t think he’ll ever be good enough or consistent enough to nail down a place tho. He done well on Sunday

Saved me from writing this.

I was pleasantly surprised by his performance against Celtic, so hoped he would perform better this season. But, no, he's been disappointing. I know he's not been given much opportunity, but there are many players who come on for the final 10 minutes of game full of energy and endeavour trying to impress. Drey Wright instead chose to hide, IMO, never running into space to give his team-mates an option.

The Drey Wright that appeared on Sunday was much better, always looking be involved. If he had performed like that more often, even for his Cameo performances then more would have taken to him.

theonlywayisup
29-12-2021, 12:42 PM
Sorry, thought my last post was maybe too negative for what should be a positive thread.

I thought Drey played well on Sunday and contributed to what was one of the better Hibs displays of the season. Well done Drey.

theonlywayisup
18-01-2022, 06:52 AM
Agree with Jonnyboy's assessment, which was "Wright – Oft criticised but I thought he was fine tonight. Worked hard and chased opponents down which a couple of his team mates singularly failed to do often enough."

I suppose the problem with him is that there is rarely a "Wow! That's brilliant!" moment with him. Everything seems safe with him and thankfully no OMG moments with him in the last two games. Will be interesting to see how he develops in what I think is his final 5 months of contract with Hibs. I wouldn't be surprised to see St. Johnstone coming in for him.

Since452
18-01-2022, 09:10 AM
Another steady performance. I think the last couple of games will boost his confidence. Hopefully starts against Cove and pushes on further.

Pretty Boy
18-01-2022, 09:17 AM
If you were assessing our midfield last night and had no preconceptions at all about them then you wouldn't have picked Wright out as the issue.

He performed better than Campbell, Doyle Hayes and Newell. Given the performances of the other 3 that's maybe a low bar but I thought he was fine. Nothing outstanding but steady and neat and tidy. Of the 4 players listed he is the only one I would say would have a legitimate grievance if he was dropped on Thursday.

B.H.F.C
18-01-2022, 09:18 AM
I thought he did all right last night. But playing where he does we need him to be a threat going forward as well. He actually tried to put a bit pressure on them when they had the ball at least, more than can be said for our midfield.

SChibs
18-01-2022, 09:22 AM
I think there is a place in the squad for Wright, maybe not a starter every week but he has a role to play. He's versatile and he can fill in a number of positions

Smartie
18-01-2022, 09:34 AM
Tin hat on - he's now a first pick for me, maybe until some of the new boys get fit and challenge him.

PB makes a good point above about what it would be like to watch last night's game in isolation with no pre-conceived ideas about the players.

He has MUCH less credit in the bank than other players when it comes to having previous performances to rely on and I don't know if that might be helping to spur him on a little bit more than some of the other players?

Doig, Newell, Nisbet - on current form, they should surely be the ones looking over their shoulders the most.

If we're going on what they currently bring to the team and who are most likely to win us points, I think Wright and Stevenson should be first picks going forward, until they let us down or someone stakes a stronger claim.

I haven't got a clue what to do about the striker position other than to say I don't think Nisbet should be starting against Cove.

Centre Hawf
18-01-2022, 09:40 AM
Tin hat on - he's now a first pick for me, maybe until some of the new boys get fit and challenge him.

PB makes a good point above about what it would be like to watch last night's game in isolation with no pre-conceived ideas about the players.

He has MUCH less credit in the bank than other players when it comes to having previous performances to rely on and I don't know if that might be helping to spur him on a little bit more than some of the other players?

Doig, Newell, Nisbet - on current form, they should surely be the ones looking over their shoulders the most.

If we're going on what they currently bring to the team and who are most likely to win us points, I think Wright and Stevenson should be first picks going forward, until they let us down or someone stakes a stronger claim.

I haven't got a clue what to do about the striker position other than to say I don't think Nisbet should be starting against Cove.

For me I think Maloney has a clear plan on where he see's him playing his is side at the moment which must be a great start for Drey as under Ross he floated around CM, wing back, winger, false 9. The poor guy probably didn't get a chance to learn his own role in a system. Now he has that chance and can hopefully showcase more of what he's started to the last two games.

Long way to go but hopefully we see him grow in confidence and showcase what he has.

Agree regarding Nisbet, for me I'd be looking to start Doidge and or Mueller against Cove.

Northernhibee
18-01-2022, 09:45 AM
I really admire how he's been performing under Maloney. After such a torrid time under Jack Ross and with the fans on his back, he's showing signs of potentially being a regular first team player. That can't be easy and shows a strength of character.

I'd give him another four or five games and if he continues his improvement then I'd offer him a new contract.

Stevie Reid
18-01-2022, 10:36 AM
You can't see it due to where the highlights start on the BBC, but my recollection was that he played an excellent pass to get Boyle going for the move that should have seen us go ahead - think he did so again later when Cadden played another excellent ball in for Nisbet.

Use of the ball was good all night, can be happy with his performance. At the end of the day, in the next few months he's playing to win a new contract either here or somewhere else. That kind of hunger can be put to good use.

Centre Hawf
18-01-2022, 10:43 AM
You can't see it due to where the highlights start on the BBC, but my recollection was that he played an excellent pass to get Boyle going for the move that should have seen us go ahead - think he did so again later when Cadden played another excellent ball in for Nisbet.

Use of the ball was good all night, can be happy with his performance. At the end of the day, in the next few months he's playing to win a new contract either here or somewhere else. That kind of hunger can be put to good use.

He did. He took it in, held it up well and waited for the right moment if I remember correctly to release Boyle in the gap. Very well composed.

gaz1875
18-01-2022, 10:45 AM
He looked like he should have tapped in Nisbet's bad miss. Had he done so it would have gave him a load of confidence.

Since452
18-01-2022, 11:11 AM
Says a bit about his character that he hasn't faded away into the background and left via the back door. He's been under immense critisism from the support for some time. He's come out fighting really and been decent on the park under Maloney. I really hope he continues to push on as could be like another new signing. Good on him.

flash
18-01-2022, 11:13 AM
He looked like he should have tapped in Nisbet's bad miss. Had he done so it would have gave him a load of confidence.

Think he would have been offside after watching again.

Hibernian Verse
18-01-2022, 11:17 AM

It would have, but he was nowhere near it. Nisbet hit the post from an almost impossible angle.

gaz1875
18-01-2022, 11:31 AM
Think he would have been offside after watching again.

Two Celtic players were playing him on I think, one at the edge of the 18 yard box.

gaz1875
18-01-2022, 11:35 AM
It would have, but he was nowhere near it. Nisbet hit the post from an almost impossible angle.

He was standing next to it before it hit the post, it did look like it was about to cross the line in his defence and maybe he didn't want to steal what he thought would be a goal. Plenty other strikers would have slid in to make sure.

Hibernian Verse
18-01-2022, 11:37 AM
He was standing next to it before it hit the post, it did look like it was about to cross the line in his defence and maybe he didn't want to steal what he thought would be a goal. Plenty other strikers would have slid in to make sure.

You're clutching here to have a go at him.

gaz1875
18-01-2022, 11:40 AM
You're clutching here to have a go at him.

Haha clutching? Do you think he didn't have the chance to tap it in? He even checks his run to let the ball roll past him. I would be saying the same whoever it was.

Hibernian Verse
18-01-2022, 12:10 PM
Haha clutching? Do you think he didn't have the chance to tap it in? He even checks his run to let the ball roll past him. I would be saying the same whoever it was.

I think it looked like it was going in and then bounced off the post away from him.