PDA

View Full Version : Fans' return thread

Diclonius
26-12-2021, 06:39 PM
Might as well start this again seeing as it's probably going to run and run ala last time.

Do we think we'll be seeing full houses again next month? This season?

H18 SFR
26-12-2021, 06:42 PM
No. But 100% should be. Anyone who doesn’t feel safe doesn’t need to come. Sure the Stockholm brigade will be out shouting soon so glad to have got in early with my contribution.

greenlex
26-12-2021, 06:45 PM
I can 100% guarantee you won’t see any this month.

Sir David Gray
26-12-2021, 06:47 PM
Definitely won't be this month!

My guess would be March/April.

lyonhibs
Might as well start this again seeing as it's probably going to run and run ala last time.

Do we think we'll be seeing full houses again this month? This season?

No to both, certainly not Jan 2022. Football is an easy target, the SG will prattle on about the importance of combatting isolation whilst giddily rushing to closing down sports and hospitality

Keith_M
I can 100% guarantee you won’t see any this month.

:tee hee:

Col2
26-12-2021, 06:57 PM
Those thanking the FM for “keeping us safe” and closing football for 3 weeks may have a different view when they realise it could be next season before we have full crowds again. What is certain is Football was first to be ditched. It will be last to come back.

My guess is 25% crowds by late March/early April. Scotland game will get early exemption to have 12k (late March). 6 Nations Rugby will get exemption for being just that better a supporter.

Glory Lurker
26-12-2021, 06:57 PM
I think we'll be back mid-Feb at the latest.

GreenCastle
26-12-2021, 07:12 PM
5th Feb.. Scotland v England rugby…

Will be pretty surprised if we don’t have full stadiums by then.

Ronniekirk
26-12-2021, 07:18 PM
Jason Leitch said this wave would peak end of Jan into February
Compared to other waves I know far more people testing positive this time round but none are saying it’s any worse than a bad cold
Avoid a severe winter and it may be hospitalisations in Scotland won’t be as bad as first thought
On that basis full houses by mid February at latest
And I am now firmly in the We must learn to live with this virus camp
I hope by next winter we are down to one jab for flu and the coronavirus But saw an article somewhere indicating fir Omicron they thought boosters might wane in 10 weeks Don’t know if that’s accurate ,hope not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zazu62
26-12-2021, 07:20 PM
Why are places like London still having full crowds?

wookie70
26-12-2021, 07:22 PM
5th Feb.. Scotland v England rugby…

Will be pretty surprised if we don’t have full stadiums by then.Me too and I expect to take my seat for that game at Murrayfield. I think this will blow over quickly and the SG will be seen to have acted too quickly and cost lots of people money and important, to them, leisure activities.

Col2
26-12-2021, 07:28 PM

Because they have no confirmed data that watching sport outdoors adds considerable risk? And value to importance that sport and entertainment have on mental health, isolation risks a d general well-being?

Either that or they will press the button on stopping it tomorrow 🤣🤣🤣

Jamesie
26-12-2021, 07:30 PM
Definitely won't be this month!

My guess would be March/April.

Post split will be when we see full houses, is my guess.

SteveHFC
26-12-2021, 07:34 PM
Think the SG will be forced to lift them in a few weeks if England doesn’t have any restrictions otherwise you will just have people going down south for nights out or even to have a day out at the football.

Jamesie
26-12-2021, 07:34 PM
6 Nations Rugby will get exemption for being just that better a supporter.

I wouldn't be too sure about that on various levels - rugby has been a lot more sanguine about doors being closed again than football and that's despite losing sales of at least 37k tickets (that being the figure sold at the time of cancellation) for Edinburgh v Glasgow on 2 January.

If anything I'd say it is football more than rugby that is expecting special treatment here.

Ronniekirk
26-12-2021, 07:41 PM

Because Boris is more of the view we have to live with this virus and his back benchers and some of his cabinet are demanding to scrutinise the scientific evidence to justify any decision to do that
Not saying it should be full attendances here but there is no
Logical reason for it to be 500 people outdoors and no Scientific reason from the data so far to suggest this is the right decision

H18 SFR
26-12-2021, 07:43 PM

Because there has been no data published that outdoor sporting events lead to any significant spikes.

Super spreader crap coined by Swinney doesn’t stand up to scrutiny.

greenginger
26-12-2021, 07:47 PM
If the huge rise in covid hospitalisations that Sturgeon has repeatedly warned us was about to happen , does not materialise then the additional restrictions cannot be extended beyond the set date.

ElginHibbie
26-12-2021, 07:47 PM
Best case Cove game, worst case Ross County game

Though I might change my mind once see what hospital numbers look like towards end of the week

LunasBoots
26-12-2021, 07:57 PM
February, the UK government will leave no option when they withdraw finances in a few weeks.
Will be pretty devastating for clubs if they have to refund million's in ticket sales for some of the biggest matches of the season so I think the SPFL may have had some guidance from the SG that this ban on supporters isn't going to last long.

LunasBoots
26-12-2021, 07:58 PM

Zero scientific data on outdoor events.

1875Sean
26-12-2021, 08:01 PM
Can’t see it going straight back to 100%, will extend the 500 people for a few weeks more then will end up doing 25%-50% of stadium

Lago
26-12-2021, 08:06 PM

Do we think we'll be seeing full houses again next month? This season?
Nope, not a chance

Col2
26-12-2021, 08:21 PM
If the huge rise in covid hospitalisations that Sturgeon has repeatedly warned us was about to happen , does not materialise then the additional restrictions cannot be extended beyond the set date.

The narrative has already changed from tsunami of infections and therefore hospitalisation to the impact on public serice key jobs hence why NS led with the 100 scotrail isolations leading to disruption.

We may have to accept that a spike in the isolation of bin collectors is enough to stop us going to the football.

GreenCastle
26-12-2021, 08:25 PM

Is anyone going to be surprised if there is a further increase in next couple weeks ?

Folk just spent Christmas with each other - they are obviously anticipating numbers to increase due to Xmas day.

Sadly many folk have been more worried about this Christmas with 3 vaccines than last Christmas with no vaccines. The media have made a lot of people very worried.

Also next jab will be vaccine 4 / booster 2..this is planned for around 4 months time.

H18 SFR
26-12-2021, 08:26 PM
Is anyone going to be surprised if there is a further increase in next couple weeks ?

Folk just spent Christmas with each other - they are obviously anticipating numbers to increase due to Xmas day.

Also next booster (number 4) is planned for around 4 months time.

Booster number 4 😂. We just need to buy time for booster number 5, then 6...

Iggy Pope
26-12-2021, 08:32 PM
This thread could easily be merged with another three and will probably go down the same route if it hasn’t already.......

FilipinoHibs
26-12-2021, 08:35 PM
I think the issue is very large crowds and how they make their way to the stadium - public transport, gathering in bars and restaurants. We never crushed Delta with our loose restrictions. Given Omricon is more transmissible and already hospital admissions are up 40% in a week in the UK, we will likely need stricter restrictions for longer. Lucky to have crowds back by March.

greenginger
26-12-2021, 08:41 PM
I think the issue is very large crowds and how they make their way to the stadium - public transport, gathering in bars and restaurants. We never crushed Delta with our loose restrictions. Given Omricon is more transmissible and already hospital admissions are up 40% in a week in the UK, we will likely need stricter restrictions for longer. Lucky to have crowds back by March.

Uk hospital admissions were 7611 on 17/12/21, they were 8240 on 24/12/21.

Thats an increase of 8%.

Where is this 40% increase garbage coming from ?

eastterrace
26-12-2021, 08:44 PM

Thats an increase of 8%.

Where is this 40% increase garbage coming from ?yeh some people just like scaremongering. This SG are just going to keep hitting us with the same crap. Give us the data that football is causing the increase, but they can’t so they just keep guessing.

Iggy Pope
26-12-2021, 08:45 PM

Thats an increase of 8%.

The Philippines?

ElginHibbie
26-12-2021, 08:51 PM

Thats an increase of 8%.

“Daily hospital admissions with Covid have gone up by [34.7%] in the last week in England [from 815 to 1,098]“

Not quite 40% and not UK wide but higher numbers are out there

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/24/uk-hits-new-covid-record-again-more-than-120000-cases-recorded

Box 17
26-12-2021, 08:55 PM
“Daily hospital admissions with Covid have gone up by [34.7%] in the last week in England [from 815 to 1,098]“

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/24/uk-hits-new-covid-record-again-more-than-120000-cases-recorded

But they've already told us that Omicron is far more transmissible and therefore more people have it. So even if you are admitted to hospital with a broken leg and happen to be tested positive For Covid, you're classified as a Covid admission. Even if it's no more than a cold.

Total over-reaction by Krankie.

Hibeesforever
26-12-2021, 09:00 PM
The great con will be shown for what it is and fans will be back after three weeks. Government have to back down...only 536 people in hospital and we don't know how many are unvaccinated....!

greenginger
26-12-2021, 09:17 PM

And how many covid patients left hospital during the same period ?

Its the number of beds being occupied by covid patients that’s supposed to be the problem.

Alfred E Newman
26-12-2021, 09:20 PM
We’ve had the great cup final covid thread, the post cup final covid thread, the is it too risky to go to the Aberdeen match thread and now it will be interesting to see what the doom merchants on here can find to worry about for the next few weeks.

ElginHibbie
26-12-2021, 09:35 PM

Its the number of beds being occupied by covid patients that’s supposed to be the problem.

You called a 40% increase in hospital admissions "garbage", I was just providing data that was close too that number to show that isn't quite the case

I agree that the beds being occupied is the real issue but unless people are suddenly recovering quicker for Covid an increase of admission of even 8%, let alone 30%, is a cause for concern right now.

Hopefully once we have numbers for Scotland later in week it won't be as bad though, as think a lot of the really bad numbers are from or skewed by London and their vaccine rate is a lot poorer than ours don't think can really compare

Col2
26-12-2021, 09:38 PM

Net increase of 16 patients in English hospitals so gives better perspective

Also for Scotland (more relevant as we don’t have London 60% vax issue) - hospitalization in Scotland is the same level as July 2021 and c530 beds which is 4% of total NHS beds in Scotland. That is c25% of the higher figure in Jan 2021.

Clearly this will go up but we are almost 5 weeks into this so lag not as much a factor (as usually 8-10 days infection>hospitalisation.

Boosters will be rolled out to 80% of over 12s by mid Jan latest.

South Africa data suggested strongly average time in hospital dropped from 8 days to 2.5 days and far less ventilators needed and much less ICU patients.

FilipinoHibs
26-12-2021, 09:42 PM

Thats an increase of 8%.

The daily hospital omissions have gone from 800 a day to 1200 a day. You are looking at the total number in hospital. Because some people recover and leave hospital it does not show how many new Hospitalisations there are over one day.
Daily admissions is the key metric used by the government and the NHS to see the resources needed and the severity of the pandemic. You need to go on an understanding statistics course to stop you spouting your nonsense.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare?areaType=overview%26areaName=United%20K ingdom#card-patients_admitted_to_hospital

Hibeesforever
26-12-2021, 09:46 PM
The daily hospital omissions have gone from 800 a day to 1200 a day. You are looking at the total number in hospital. Because some people recover and leave hospital it does not show how many new Hospitalisations there are over one day.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare?areaType=overview%26areaName=United%20K ingdom#card-patients_admitted_to_hospital

So how does that sit with 536 in hospital...where does 1200 and 800 come from ?

Bishop Hibee
26-12-2021, 09:49 PM
Given the evidence so far I’d suggest normal service resuming at least for the derby.

Coco Bryce
26-12-2021, 09:49 PM
We were fed some bull**** about the cases doubling daily about a month back 🙄

greenginger
26-12-2021, 09:56 PM

The average length of stay for a covid patient in hospital is 7 days.

Discharges from hospitals must be going up as well if the overall numbers in hospitals has only increased by 8%.

B.H.F.C
26-12-2021, 09:56 PM

You’re always slavering on about hospitalisations rising by x amount.

Can you tell me how many people were in hospital in Scotland at the start of the month as opposed to now?

Ronniekirk
26-12-2021, 09:59 PM

Thats an increase of 8%.

Might be individual hospitals in London that cover Borough s that have high infection rates Only thing I can think of
But when stats are portrayed as being whole of the U.K. when it’s clear they aren’t you then don’t bother reading the whole post

eezyrider
26-12-2021, 10:22 PM
Given the evidence so far I’d suggest normal service resuming at least for the derby.

You need to act before infection happens, If you're waiting until infection goes up it's already too late.

EZ

wookie70
26-12-2021, 10:32 PM
Might be individual hospitals in London that cover Borough s that have high infection rates Only thing I can think of
But when stats are portrayed as being whole of the U.K. when it’s clear they aren’t you then don’t bother reading the whole post

You can look at the figures for areas. London was on the up but a decent chunk for admissions and beds but no real change in those ventilated. The lag will maybe kick in though as the cases started to go up more in teh last few days. Looking at those closest to us on the link about the north east and Yorkshire have falling numbers being admitted, in hospital and being ventilated, the north west has slightly increased numbers of admissions and cases in beds but less being ventilated. North East and Yorkshire have slightly better vaccination rates. In all 4 nations the ventilated patients are either static or slightly falling and around 20-25% of the total around this time last year.

The numbers may well rise given the Scottish Government seemed fine with letting the old and young meet for hours on end, unmasked and indoors over Christmas. That will have mostly worked its way through the system by the time we have our next game imo and I think we will be all ack to watching after the break.

A great result today but what a soulless event it was and it really brought home how much enjoyment has been sucked out of Scotland given the 10s of thousand who watch football live. Still not seen much if any proof that watching football causes a great rise in cases and given many are choosing not to attend ER the risk is even smaller.

AFKA5814_Hibs
26-12-2021, 10:37 PM
Hopefully by 1st February at the latest. Last weekend 19000 of us were celebrating a Cup Final goal at Hampden and acting in the same way spontaneous way we have done for years gone by.

I'd take a 90th minute winner against the Jambos and will gladfully celebrate the same way amongst my fellow Hibbys.

MartinfaePorty
26-12-2021, 10:44 PM

Its the number of beds being occupied by covid patients that’s supposed to be the problem.Plus the number of NHS staff (and other workplaces/businesses) affected. My friend was the only nurse on her ward on Christmas Eve. Another ward has 16 people off with Covid.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

IberianHibernian
26-12-2021, 10:44 PM
Meanwhile Belgium has joined Wales and I think Netherlands in banning fans from sporting events for next few weeks . Think there are also restrictions on crowds in Germany . Elsewhere in Europe ? Some in middle of long winter breaks , others with short winter breaks but I`m sure will re introduce restrictions if numbers rise significantly . So Scotland far from an exception .

Jamesie
26-12-2021, 10:51 PM
Meanwhile Belgium has joined Wales and I think Netherlands in banning fans from sporting events for next few weeks . Think there are also restrictions on crowds in Germany . Elsewhere in Europe ? Some in middle of long winter breaks , others with short winter breaks but I`m sure will re introduce restrictions if numbers rise significantly . So Scotland far from an exception .

Add Italy to that list too.

wookie70
26-12-2021, 11:00 PM
Add Italy to that list too. Italy bucking the trend in that list with massively increasing case numbers. Netherlands and Belgium dropping quickly. When di those countries stop letting fans in

wookie70
26-12-2021, 11:03 PM

When did Belgium do this. It isn't on their website (https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/faq/#id_5) and their numbers have dropped massively in the last few weeks. Almost like football and outdoor events have no particular impact

oldbutdim
26-12-2021, 11:14 PM
But they've already told us that Omicron is far more transmissible and therefore more people have it. So even if you are admitted to hospital with a broken leg and happen to be tested positive For Covid, you're classified as a Covid admission. Even if it's no more than a cold.

Total over-reaction by Krankie.

I’m not sure there will be many admitted to hospital with just a broken leg, and far fewer suffering from just a common cold.
Sounds cranky to me.

Is It On....
26-12-2021, 11:34 PM

Thats an increase of 8%.

I 100% agree with you. ICU hospital admissions for Covid is disproportionately weighted to those that are unvaccinated. This is evidence that receives scant coverage on the BBC because it is not "on message".

FilipinoHibs
26-12-2021, 11:45 PM
So how does that sit with 536 in hospital...where does 1200 and 800 come from ?

Daily admissions in the UK. The total in Scottish hospitals has risen 32% in the four days from 20th Dec to 24th Dec. A rise from 407 to 536. Pretty dramatic as Omricon kicks in. Of course people will have left hospital in that period so the actual new admissions will be higher than the difference between the two numbers. We are a long way from the peak so this variant is going to have a big impact because of the sheer numbers of infections.

People were asking about the Philippines. Population 112 million, with proper restrictions new cases are down to 300 a day. Practically no hospital admissions. Life is getting back to normal. Mask wearing is mandatory outside the house with almost 100% compliance. Mass events have started up again. We heal as one!

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-daily-data-for-scotland/

Gordy M
27-12-2021, 12:41 AM
Daily admissions in the UK. The total in Scottish hospitals has risen 32% in the four days from 20th Dec to 24th Dec. A rise from 407 to 536. Pretty dramatic as Omricon kicks in. Of course people will have left hospital in that period so the actual new admissions will be higher than the difference between the two numbers. We are a long way from the peak so this variant is going to have a big impact because of the sheer numbers of infections.

People were asking about the Philippines. Population 112 million, with proper restrictions new cases are down to 300 a day. Practically no hospital admissions. Life is getting back to normal. Mask wearing is mandatory outside the house with almost 100% compliance. Mass events have started up again. We heal as one!

Where did you get the figure that 536 were admitted to hospital in that period? The figures say 407 patients were admitted in the week to 20th dec but there are currently 536 patients in hospital, a number that hasnt changed much in the last 2 weeks? 540ish on 14th Dec.

LunasBoots
27-12-2021, 02:13 AM
I 100% agree with you. ICU hospital admissions for Covid is disproportionately weighted to those that are unvaccinated. This is evidence that receives scant coverage on the BBC because it is not "on message".

Yea, the BBC actually did a interview with Javid a week or two ago and he gave a scathing one where he basically said that the main percentage of people in hospital with COVID where still the unvaxed so until these people wh are still out there get vaxed we will continue to go round in the same circle

B.H.F.C
27-12-2021, 05:35 AM

Your numbers are incorrect again. There were 536 in hospital as of Christmas Eve. There were 516 in hospital on the 20th, so not quite the dramatic increase you’re suggesting.

jacomo
27-12-2021, 08:48 AM
The great con will be shown for what it is and fans will be back after three weeks. Government have to back down...only 536 people in hospital and we don't know how many are unvaccinated....!

‘The great con’… how’s the weather in tinfoil hat land?

Meanwhile back in the real world, I actually agree that the prospect of another lockdown or ongoing restrictions seems implausible. Fortunately this variant does seem less serious than others.

JimBHibees
27-12-2021, 08:57 AM

Meanwhile back in the real world, I actually agree that the prospect of another lockdown or ongoing restrictions seems implausible. Fortunately this variant does seem less serious than others.

Yep tell that to the families of the 150k who have perished here plus millions worldwide.

greenginger
27-12-2021, 09:04 AM

It will only be “ a great con “ if the hospital numbers continue to remain low, and the Scottish Government attempt to extend the restrictions beyond the previously set dates.

ancient hibee
27-12-2021, 11:45 AM
To me the most concerning stat.is that in Scotland 169,000 (20%) 18 to 29 year olds have not even had one vaccination. In addition neither have 17% (no number)of 30 to 39 year olds. I suspect that these age groups are also a fairly large percentage of regular football attenders.l

jacomo
27-12-2021, 12:05 PM
To me the most concerning stat.is that in Scotland 169,000 (20%) 18 to 29 year olds have not even had one vaccination. In addition neither have 17% (no number)of 30 to 39 year olds. I suspect that these age groups are also a fairly large percentage of regular football attenders.l

Also a high percentage of those complaining about restrictions will come from this group.

hibbyfraelibby
27-12-2021, 12:08 PM
Zero scientific data on outdoor events.

Source...other than from FaceBook?