PDA

View Full Version : Best Shaun Maloney interview

gbhibby
24-12-2021, 11:44 PM
https://youtu.be/VMiUHIwfLJ4
Thought this was very good,especially Shaun near the end after Porto and Boyler.

Cod Boy
25-12-2021, 12:04 AM
Different class Shaun for someone only announced as manager on Monday and with a busy schedule with a game and media duties. You took the time to do this for the young lad and his family 💚

St.Kristopher
25-12-2021, 12:18 AM
Was watching this, ended up having to rewind so rest of family could see it. Such a lovely gesture not a dry eye after it. Look forward to the follow up with plan B clearly conveyed to the team 😉😅

gbhibby
25-12-2021, 12:20 AM
Different class Shaun for someone only announced as manager on Monday and with a busy schedule with a game and media duties. You took the time to do this for the young lad and his family 💚
He seemed to be very natural. I just think Shaun has something about him,looking forward to the journey.

hibbysam
25-12-2021, 09:13 AM
Love to see clubs do this. Genuinely takes no effort other than 5 minutes of a player/managers time, but makes a world of difference to the recipient who will remember this day for the rest of his life. Outstanding.

Northernhibee
25-12-2021, 09:31 AM
Well done to all who made this happen.

DaveF
25-12-2021, 09:51 AM
Excellent watch.

All the best to the wee fella and it's a real boost for him and his family that a training session and player meet await just as soon as he is strong enough.

Unseen work
25-12-2021, 11:33 AM
I’m always impressed by stuff like this.

Not just the thought etc but the genuine effort that needs to go into it to engage with a kid and make them feel comfortable and get them engaging.

Speaking to kids when they’re shy and nervous can be very tricky but all 3 of them done brilliantly.

Maloney seems a really genuine guy who is actually interested in the kid and what happened.

The kid will be made up going to the training centre

AltheHibby
25-12-2021, 03:07 PM
Best thing I've seen on TV today. 🙂

sleeping giant
25-12-2021, 05:20 PM
Thats class from all involved.

McD
25-12-2021, 05:45 PM
Love to see clubs do this. Genuinely takes no effort other than 5 minutes of a player/managers time, but makes a world of difference to the recipient who will remember this day for the rest of his life. Outstanding.

totally agree mate, especially when it’s players/staff who are clearly interested in what the recipient is dealing with, would be easy to go on and just answer a couple of questions with a bored demeanour, but love seeing the players and manager taking a genuine interest and engaging with the wee fellow, and having fun with him

Tobias Funke
25-12-2021, 09:55 PM
Poor wee lad, glad to see he is on the mend. Well done to all involved.

Jim44
25-12-2021, 11:09 PM
I thought all three of them were so genuinely natural and caring for the wee boy.