PDA

View Full Version : porteous charged by SFA

Pages : [1] 2

The Keeper
24-12-2021, 02:26 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59785127 :(

CMac1988
24-12-2021, 02:27 PM
Inevitable to be honest. Unless your name is Morelos then you rarely get away with stuff like that.

Mikey_1875
24-12-2021, 02:28 PM
Hopefully we have a new signing to step in by the time the ban comes in. Didn’t notice it at the time apart from Ramirez going down but after seeing the video I don’t think it looked great from Porteous.

Billy Whizz
24-12-2021, 02:30 PM
If he IS found guilty, he’ll probably get a 2 game ban.
Would be Celtic away, and either Cove in the Cup, if cup ties count, or Motherwell away on 26th January. Could he out of action for over a month

A Hi-Bee
24-12-2021, 02:35 PM
Seems to be the way now, trial by social media as soon as you can get the pics on the net, shop your fellow professional as quick as you can. Fitba is knackered and this will only hasten the young mans exit from Hibs, don't blame him, he is even being hounded at times by his own teams supporters. He should have trod on his hands as he went by as well, hung for a sheep as a lamb or so they used to say.
It's a strange Xmas eve for sure and another headline has some crazy sevco player speaking about "Sporting Integrity" beggars belief I tell ya, heard it all now. Now shown on another thread all of its own, very strange look on the madman's coupon as well, think he keeps goal and squirrels.

:cb

Jones28
24-12-2021, 02:35 PM
Porteous doing everything he can to prove Steven Gerrard right here.

I’m a massive fan of his, but ffs come on Ryan, stop with the stupid ****.

A Hi-Bee
24-12-2021, 02:37 PM
Would be Celtic away, and either Cove in the Cup, if cup ties count, or Motherwell away on 26th January. Could he out of action for over a month

The way things are going with him, he could be in Engurland or overseas by that time, I dont blame him either.

Alfred E Newman
24-12-2021, 02:40 PM
Ramirez should get an Oscar for his part in the incident.

BILLYHIBS
24-12-2021, 02:43 PM
Nap

Smartie
24-12-2021, 02:45 PM

Porteous has been immense for us 99% of the time lately but he loves a costly blemish, doesn't he?

hibbysam
24-12-2021, 02:46 PM
**** the SFA.

BegbieHSC
24-12-2021, 02:50 PM
Trial by social media. Christian Ramirez releasing his inner Lee Wallace on Twitter last night.

Vault Boy
24-12-2021, 02:53 PM
If Declan Gallagher had done the same to Christian Doidge, we'd be calling for the exact same outcome.

Right call and a very daft decision from Ryan. He really needs to focus on his considerable talent, not getting involved in pointless clashes.

B.H.F.C
Ramirez a clown for putting it on twitter.

Porteous a clown for giving him something to put on twitter. Not helping himself.

500miles
Ramirez was causing problems up until that point. Don't think he fancied it after that.

Reminded me of McGregor battering that ponytail tosser against Asteras,no idea how he got away with it. Worked though.

GreenCastle
24-12-2021, 03:10 PM
How many times do opposition players get away with incidents against Hibs - another inconsistency of the Scottish game.

ballengeich
24-12-2021, 03:13 PM
A couple of months ago, just after the red card against Rangers, I was talking to a member of Hearts backroom staff. He said that Porteous has everything needed to go right to the top, but the silly fouls and cards could be what stops him (and Hibs) getting a really big money deal.

n

gbhibby
24-12-2021, 03:15 PM
Ryan needs to cut these things out. He will feel like he is a marked man though. Have seen similar incidents not resulting in charges.

berwickhibee
24-12-2021, 03:15 PM
Treat differently to other clubs again, SFA lack of consistency again.

SaulGoodman
24-12-2021, 03:23 PM
Ramirez should get an Oscar for his part in the incident.

He got kicked square in the baws tbf

fiolex1
24-12-2021, 03:27 PM
I am pretty sure on Hibs TV they said he was lucky to escape a red cad

Big_Franck
24-12-2021, 03:29 PM
If this was Morelos he'd be unlikely to have been cited in the first place, and if he was Rangers would contest it and force the SFA to prove it wasn't accidental.

Big_Franck
24-12-2021, 03:31 PM
I am pretty sure on Hibs TV they said he was lucky to escape a red cad

I thought it was strange that we'd highlight the incident on our own TV channel after the match. Whoever the host is was saying he was lucky to get away with it, which was hardly going to help our cause ffs was it. We don't help ourselves at times.

Carheenlea
24-12-2021, 03:34 PM
They’re not going to happy until they’ve chased Ryan Porteous out of Scottish Football.

It’s relentless.

Greenbeard
24-12-2021, 03:37 PM
Plenty opaque green tinted specs on here.
Daft of him. Highlights and social media irrelevant. He was VERY fortunate not to see red at the time.
He'll pay the price. Correction, his team will pay the price.
Count ourselves exceedingly fortunate to have bagged three points.

A Hi-Bee
24-12-2021, 03:38 PM
They’re not going to happy until they’ve chased Ryan Porteous out of Scottish Football.

It’s relentless.

Correct, seen it with a few ex-Hibs men, he should have also accidently stood on his hand as he walked past. He was always going to go, this will just hasten his exit from our club. leaving a big hole in the defense to fill.
:agree:

green day
24-12-2021, 03:38 PM
A couple of months ago, just after the red card against Rangers, I was talking to a member of Hearts backroom staff. He said that Porteous has everything needed to go right to the top, but the silly fouls and cards could be what stops him (and Hibs) getting a really big money deal.
n

Whoever said that was right, and although I think he is a bit of a marked man now far too much of it has been brought on himself.

The Hibs TV reference is a red herring as well, it was covered in Sportscene highlights on the evening of the match. I didnt really notice much at the time, but when I saw the highlights it should have been a red card.

Golden Bear
24-12-2021, 03:39 PM
I thought it was strange that we'd highlight the incident on our own TV channel after the match. Whoever the host is was saying he was lucky to get away with it, which was hardly going to help our cause ffs was it. We don't help ourselves at times.

I thought exactly the same.

I'd be surprised if Ryan is still with us after the January transfer window. He's now got himself a reputation (some inflicted) He'd be better leaving Scottish fitba and pursue his career elsewhere.

He'll be a big miss thats for sure.

A Hi-Bee
24-12-2021, 03:43 PM
Plenty opaque green tinted specs on here.
Daft of him. Highlights and social media irrelevant. He was VERY fortunate not to see red at the time.
He'll pay the price. Correction, his team will pay the price.
Count ourselves exceedingly fortunate to have bagged three points.

Enjoy his games while you can, he will be off soon, perhaps that will suit the agenda of some.
Can you buy them green tinted specs someplace? would love a pair.

:greengrin

Ozyhibby
24-12-2021, 03:45 PM
Can’t believe people are whining about this? It’s a slam dunk suspension if I ever saw one. The blame here lies 100% with Ryan Porteous, not with Ramirez, the SFA, Sportscene, the SPFL, Steven Gerrard or anyone else you can think off.
The boy is a complete idiot. Cracking defender but one of those people who never seem to learn from their mistakes and keep repeating them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green day
24-12-2021, 03:50 PM
Enjoy his games while you can, he will be off soon, perhaps that will suit the agenda of some.
Can you buy them green tinted specs someplace? would love a pair.

Think you are misinterpreting some responses.

We all recognise that Porto is a very good defender now, and my preference would be for him to stay, I dont know any Hibs fan that wouldnt want him to stay.

However, he has moments of rashness that - by his age, and games under his belt - should have been removed from his game.

He will get a 2 match ban for this one - that impacts the team directly, as we do not have enough defensive cover.

If it was a last ditch, goal saving challenge, I could accept it - but it wasnt, it was a stupid pissing competition with Ramirez and he couldnt resist kicking him in the balls - its just not very bright to be honest.

A Hi-Bee
24-12-2021, 03:51 PM
Can’t believe people are whining about this? It’s a slam dunk suspension if I ever saw one. The blame here lies 100% with Ryan Porteous, not with Ramirez, the SFA, Sportscene, the SPFL, Steven Gerrard or anyone else you can think off.
The boy is a complete idiot. Cracking defender but one of those people who never seem to learn from their mistakes and keep repeating them.

Aye he needs to go right enough, Hibs need to sell him on, as he is a "complete idiot" who is to say it was not accidental, or perhaps Porto will tell the GFA blazers that he meant it. Ramirez was at it all game as well.
:aok:

Eyrie
24-12-2021, 03:51 PM
I was surprised he didn't get a red card at the time, and expect him to get a two game ban.

Makes signing another CH in the transfer window even more important.

Northernhibee
24-12-2021, 03:53 PM

Yep, he’s booted him in the baws. Fight the battles you’re going to win, it’sa blatant suspension and we’ve been up in arms for a lot less.

Ryan needs to grow the **** up.

Coco Bryce
24-12-2021, 03:55 PM
As I've said many times on this forum over the last few months. Porto will leave Hibs soon. His career in Scotland will always be scrutinised by the media as long as he is here so will move on somewhere where he will be left to concentrate on his football.

B.H.F.C
24-12-2021, 03:55 PM
Aye he needs to go right enough, Hibs need to sell him on, as he is a "complete idiot" who is to say it was not accidental, or perhaps Porto will tell the GFA blazers that he meant it. Ramirez was at it all game as well.

It wasn’t accidental. It was stupid.

He was outstanding in the game otherwise but our team is now weakened.

Thought he was hard done by at ibrox but no complaints about this one.

Rumble de Thump
24-12-2021, 03:56 PM
As soon as Ryan goes to play in another country all these mistakes he apparently keeps making and lessons he never apparently learns from will cease to exist.

B.H.F.C
24-12-2021, 03:57 PM
As I've said many times on this forum over the last few months. Porto will leave Hibs soon. His career in Scotland will always be scrutinised by the media as long as he is here so will move on somewhere where he will be left to concentrate on his football.

Should just be talking about his football on Wednesday. He was brilliant. His own fault we’re talking about something else.

Northernhibee
As soon as Ryan goes to play in another country all these mistakes he apparently keeps making and lessons he never apparently learns from will cease to exist.

So he didn’t kick the other player in the balls then?

Coco Bryce

He's certainly going out in style though 😉

green day

You have said this before, and if he leaves he will go with my best wishes, I have loved watching him and he has loads of talent.

But you cant seriously think that the Ramirez one was some kind of media scapegoating? He kicked him in the baws and it wasnt accidental...................

A Hi-Bee
24-12-2021, 03:58 PM
Aye listen, that Porto is a dirty complete idiot of a player we don't need that type at Hibs, wonder what big John McNamee (Or any other from Roy Barry, Gordon Hunter, John Madsen the list goes on) would make of some of the comments on here, man he was so dirty he used to steal the soap from Easter Road. I will always stand by one of our younger players, who is being hounded out of our club and like I say does anyone think he will go cap in hand to the GFA and say that he really meant this little foul.

Coco Bryce
24-12-2021, 04:00 PM
You have said this before, and if he leaves he will go with my best wishes, I have loved watching him and he has loads of talent.

But you cant seriously think that the Ramirez one was some kind of media scapegoating? He kicked him in the baws and it wasnt accidental...................

No you are right. 100% he did and also deserves any ban he gets for it. Trial by media is rife in this country and he's the poster boy for it.

Chorley Hibee
I might be going mad, but I've watched the incident a few times now and see nothing but two bodies coming together on the floor and the usual tussle between players.

Nothing that supposedly warrants a red card.

green day
Aye listen, that Porto is a dirty complete idiot of a player we don't need that type at Hibs, wonder what big John McNamee (Or any other from Roy Barry, Gordon Hunter, John Madsen the list goes on) would make of some of the comments on here, man he was so dirty he used to steal the soap from Easter Road. I will always stand by one of our younger players, who is being hounded out of our club and like I say does anyone think he will go cap in hand to the GFA and say that he really meant this little foul.

You didnt respond to my post above, so I will repeat it here.

We all recognise that Porto is a very good defender now, and my preference would be for him to stay, I dont know any Hibs fan that wouldnt want him to stay.

However, he has moments of rashness that - by his age, and games under his belt - should have been removed from his game.

He will get a 2 match ban for this one - that impacts the team directly, as we do not have enough defensive cover.

If it was a last ditch, goal saving challenge, I could accept it - but it wasnt, it was a stupid pissing competition with Ramirez and he couldnt resist kicking him in the balls - its just not very bright to be honest.

Ray_
24-12-2021, 04:02 PM

It’s relentless.

He will bring it all on himself, great talent but haven't a clue how his brain functions at times, or more precisely, doesn't function. 100% red card & absolutely no need, he doesn't do himself or Hibs any good sitting in the stands.

green day
24-12-2021, 04:04 PM
No you are right. 100% he did and also deserves any ban he gets for it. Trial by media is rife in this country and he's the poster boy for it.

I agree entirely - but there is no league anywhere without wall to wall coverage, so he cant ignore his part in these incidents.

I really like RP and will be gutted when he goes (which, I agree, he probably has to).

Since452
24-12-2021, 04:07 PM
Porteous is a clown but a part of me whishes he'd hit the grass Ramirez harder.

Sir David Gray
24-12-2021, 04:11 PM
Absolutely no surprise and I don't expect Hibs to appeal this.

Porteous really needs to screw the nut and cut out this behaviour, there's no excuse for what happened the other night.

Sir David Gray
24-12-2021, 04:20 PM

He'll definitely miss the Celtic and Cove Rangers games and then he may also miss the Motherwell game as well due to his disciplinary record so far this season - 6 yellows and a red.

Billy Whizz
24-12-2021, 04:32 PM
He'll definitely miss the Celtic and Cove Rangers games and then he may also miss the Motherwell game as well due to his disciplinary record so far this season - 6 yellows and a red.

Think he’s already had his additional suspension for going over 6 cards
He missed the games against Dundee Utd, Aberdeen and Ross County
So hopefully only 2 if found guilty

Since452
24-12-2021, 04:34 PM
The annoying thing is we are far poorer with him out the side. No surprise our form dipped after he was sent off at Ibrox. His own stupidity costing us yet again.

greenlex
24-12-2021, 04:34 PM
I might be going mad, but I've watched the incident a few times now and see nothing but two bodies coming together on the floor and the usual tussle between players.

This is where I am. If VAR was in place it would have been dealt with at the time. There’s no doubt he caught him in the Davina McCalls. Harder to say one way or the other if it’s deliberate or not. I think it wouldn’t have merited a red on the night. Now with the trial by social media he’s a certainty to get a ban.

Pretty Boy
24-12-2021, 04:38 PM
Utter stupidity from him.

We can talk about the inconsistencies all we like, Ryan put himself in this position. He done wrong, he was caught, he'll be punished. Everything else is just noise.

A Hi-Bee
24-12-2021, 04:43 PM
You didnt respond to my post above, so I will repeat it here.

Sorry I was called for my tea, young Porto can be rash for sure, this I will agree, although I will counter this with the fact that I would much rather have my defenders a wee bit raw and uncompromising shall we say, than a defense full of bambi types that the other team will batter and bully.
You have your opinion and I have mine, so I will agree to disagree on this one. Just wish we had more with the young mans attitude.
:aok: Ho, ho, ho Merry Xmas peace and goodwill to all.

Sir David Gray
24-12-2021, 04:49 PM
Think he’s already had his additional suspension for going over 6 cards
He missed the games against Dundee Utd, Aberdeen and Ross County
So hopefully only 2 if found guilty

You might be right, his additional suspension was against Ross County after he was booked against Celtic (which arguably could have been another sending off.)

May just be Celtic and Cove Rangers that he's suspended for then although he can't be too far away from another two game ban if he gets many more bookings.

Jim44
24-12-2021, 04:57 PM
Very good player but a big daft laddie. He’ll be away from us sooner than later and the pity is that his reputation will follow him. I hope Maloney has factored in a replacement in the transfer window.

WeeRussell
24-12-2021, 05:00 PM
If I’m reading some of these responses right - Porteous is going to stop his rash challenges and kicking folk in the baws as soon as he’s abroad?

We all know he has real quality, that’s what makes these things all the more frustrating. Just sounds pathetic blaming other players, media, SFA, the country he’s in etc. he’s been very stupid (again) and rightly been punished. It doesn’t make anyone any less of a hibs fan or a Porteous fan to admit that.

Folk have mentioned Morelos a couple of times, and yes of course he should have been punished for more than he has in the past, but if this was him involved in these incidents we wouldn’t be looking to blame anyone else, and would be going radge about what a dirty wee hun ****bag he is.

Porteous is now making his own reputation regardless of what has gone on before and it’s f****** annoying. As much as I can’t stand Gerrard, all Porto is doing is heading towards proving the smug hun git right unfortunately.

Sir David Gray
24-12-2021, 05:06 PM
If I’m reading some of these responses right - Porteous is going to stop his rash challenges and kicking folk in the baws as soon as he’s abroad?

We all know he has real quality, that’s what makes these things all the more frustrating. Just sounds pathetic blaming other players, media, SFA, the country he’s in etc. he’s been very stupid (again) and rightly been punished. It doesn’t make anyone any less of a hibs fan or a Porteous fan to admit that.

Folk have mentioned Morelos a couple of times, and yes of course he should have been punished for more than he has in the past, but if this was him involved in these incidents we wouldn’t be looking to blame anyone else, and would be going radge about what a dirty wee hun ****bag he is.

Porteous is now making his own reputation regardless of what has gone on before and it’s f****** annoying. As much as I can’t stand Gerrard, all Porto is doing is heading towards proving the smug hun git right unfortunately.

Yep agreed.

J-C
24-12-2021, 05:19 PM
As good a player that he is, he has to cut out all the stupid stuff, this'll be his 2nd ban so far, he's no good sitting in the stands.

Sir David Gray
24-12-2021, 05:34 PM
As good a player that he is, he has to cut out all the stupid stuff, this'll be his 2nd ban so far, he's no good sitting in the stands.

This will technically be his 3rd suspension this season.

One two game ban following his sending off v Rangers, another one game ban due to getting too many bookings after his yellow card v Celtic and now this.

Stokesy's on fire
24-12-2021, 05:34 PM
The Ramirez tears are amazing.

houstonhibbee
24-12-2021, 05:41 PM
The Ramirez tears are amazing.
I thought at the time it was a red card offense and very stupid to risk getting sent off during the game and potentially lose three points. What an idiot.

A Hi-Bee
24-12-2021, 05:49 PM
This will technically be his 3rd suspension this season.

One two game ban following his sending off v Rangers, another one game ban due to getting too many bookings after his yellow card v Celtic and now this.

As I have said before, enjoy him while he is a Hibs player as I don't think it will be for much longer, the way he is being hounded you would think he was a jambo or sevco panto villain. No sure who we will get to replace him. He is a silly wee boy at times, although most centre half's don't mature and reach full potential until they are around 28 and upwards.

How many booking did Mickey Edwards get, or any other of the targeted Hibs players (example is the picture in the bbc headline) how can that support a fair trial?

Borderhibbie76
24-12-2021, 05:51 PM

Agreed its getting ridiculous now tbh and he's just making things worse with the media circus that surrounds him, it was utterly needless and now its gonna cost us in key games. He's a talented boy but high time he cut out this reckless part of his game

Since452
24-12-2021, 05:56 PM
Arguably cost Ross his job and now making Maloney's start very difficult. When will he learn?

Stokesy's on fire
24-12-2021, 05:59 PM
I thought at the time it was a red card offense and very stupid to risk getting sent off during the game and potentially lose three points. What an idiot.

The fact Ramirez was crying like a wee baby on Twitter has made him look like a complete roaster regardless of the incident. We have sent the Aberdeen support into full on meltdown a job well done by all 3 points in the bag.

A Hi-Bee
24-12-2021, 06:02 PM
Arguably cost Ross his job and now making Maloney's start very difficult. When will he learn?

Aye right and Santa is a jambo, away and lie doon in a darkened room, has to be the slaver o the day up to now.

lord bunberry
24-12-2021, 06:02 PM

Stupid moment of frustration from Porteous, but for a fellow professional to put a video up on Twitter trying to get him in trouble is really ****ty behaviour. I’d be embarrassed if a hibs player did that, the guy is a complete snake imo. Did he shake Porteous’s hand at the end of the game?

A Hi-Bee
24-12-2021, 06:05 PM
Agreed its getting ridiculous now tbh and he's just making things worse with the media circus that surrounds him, it was utterly needless and now its gonna cost us in key games. He's a talented boy but high time he cut out this reckless part of his game

Ffs, we now have Hibs supporters agreeing wi Slippy G, heard it all now and time to get ti F88k out of here before I start to believe in Santa.
:faf:

Rumble de Thump
24-12-2021, 06:05 PM
Stupid moment of frustration from Porteous, but for a fellow professional to put a video up on Twitter trying to get him in trouble is really ****ty behaviour. I’d be embarrassed if a hibs player did that, the guy is a complete snake imo. Did he shake Porteous’s hand at the end of the game?

Is it not an offence for a player to try to get the ref to give an opponent a yellow or red card? It does seem strange for a player to essentially be trying to get an opponent punished retrospectively. I can't remember it happening before.

madhatter
24-12-2021, 06:06 PM
Sadly justified but how Ramirez gets to grass up a fellow pro on social media and go unpunished while McGinn saying "inept" about a referee and gets punished is beyond me.

Referees and the establishment are protected far too much.

lord bunberry
24-12-2021, 06:07 PM
The fact Ramirez was crying like a wee baby on Twitter has made him look like a complete roaster regardless of the incident. We have sent the Aberdeen support into full on meltdown a job well done by all 3 points in the bag.
Ramirez is a grass.

sorrow sorrow
24-12-2021, 06:09 PM
I opened this thread expecting some support for porteous but it’s al he’s an idiot,he’s a clown and even a “he cost Ross his job”!!!!
Honestly what kind of support is that for one of our own players?
Give me a porteous type hibs player any day of the week over some of the soft as sh*** cb we have had the last few years.
Porteous is a top player and the main reason fans of our rivals don’t like him.

lord bunberry
24-12-2021, 06:09 PM
Is it not an offence for a player to try to get the ref to give an opponent a yellow or red card? It does seem strange for a player to essentially be trying to get an opponent pubished retrospeftively. I can't remember it happening before.
Very good point, it’s the online equivalent of doing the card gesture to the referee.

lord bunberry
24-12-2021, 06:10 PM
Sadly justified but how Ramirez gets to grass up a fellow pro on social media and go unpunished while McGinn saying "inept" about a referee and gets punished is beyond me.

Referees and the establishment are protected far too much.
:agree: Ramirez is basically calling the ref out on Twitter.

WeeRussell
24-12-2021, 06:18 PM
I opened this thread expecting some support for porteous but it’s al he’s an idiot,he’s a clown and even a “he cost Ross his job”!!!!
Give me a porteous type hibs player any day of the week over some of the soft as sh*** cb we have had the last few years.

You probably should have named the thread “Porteous charged by the SFA - only childish views that state Porto has never put a foot wrong welcome, otherwise you’re a jambo” then.

WeeRussell
24-12-2021, 06:20 PM
Ffs, we now have Hibs supporters agreeing wi Slippy G, heard it all now and time to get ti F88k out of here before I start to believe in Santa.
:faf:

It’s not about agreeing with anyone. It’s not primary school where you change facts because we don’t like nasty Gerrard that was at Rangers (and I most certainly do not).

Fergus52
24-12-2021, 06:22 PM
You see stuff like that every week and it's not pulled up.

The witch hunt against porteous since the aribo tackle from the whole media, but in particular the daily record, Kevin Thomson, Alex Rae has been disgusting. No wonder he supposedly wants to leave Scotland.

It's being made out as if he's some sort of violent thug who's out of control, can you imagine if Neil Lennon, Barry Ferguson, Ryan Stevenson, Ian black or kyriakos had been held to the same standards by the media or compliance officer? There would have been retrospective red cards every week.

Zondervan
24-12-2021, 06:26 PM

I agree.

Good luck to the SFA disciplinary panel proving that he actually “meant” to do it.

houstonhibbee
24-12-2021, 06:28 PM
I think you've missed the point......

PolmontHibby
24-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Nothing wrong with having a bit of a "dig" in a player or two in the squad.

However maybe needs to be a bit smarter about it......could see that was a heel to the nuts a mile off and disciplinaries mounting up for a key player.

Since452
24-12-2021, 06:51 PM

Would Ross have still been in a job if Porteous hadn't got himself sent off at Ibrox which forced us into playing Wood and McGregor? Or given away a last minute penalty at Easter Road? Very likely. His decision making is atrocious. No getting away from it.

Rumble de Thump
24-12-2021, 06:54 PM
Would Ross have still been in a job if Porteous hadn't got himself sent off at Ibrox which forced us into playing Wood and McGregor? Or given away a last minute penalty at Easter Road? Very likely. His decision making is atrocious. No getting away from it.

It was the ref and Aribo's dive that got him sent off. He had pulled out of the challenge for the penalty.

gbhibby
24-12-2021, 06:54 PM
If Alan Mcgregor was not charged for his kick out on Ajer why should Ryan face any punishment. There is no consistency by the people in charge of the disciplinary process.

There is your appeal against the charge.

Rumble de Thump
24-12-2021, 06:56 PM
Remember when Morelos deliberately booted Scott Brown in the baws from behind? Not even any retrospective action.

gbhibby
24-12-2021, 07:15 PM
Remember when Morelos deliberately booted Scott Brown in the baws from behind? Not even any retrospective action.

Remember that one another decision that amazed everyone.

MWHIBBIES
24-12-2021, 07:23 PM
There is no conspiracy or agenda for this incident. Ryan was stupid as **** and deserves a ban. Anyone thinking otherwise is clearly biased imo.

It's absolutely okay to admit a Hibs player was simply stupid, deserves his punishment and move on.

Rumble de Thump
24-12-2021, 07:36 PM
It's ok to admit that you can't tell if there was deliberate action from the available footage. We don't have to pretend we know everything.

shamo9
24-12-2021, 07:45 PM
Too often Hibs are labelled as a 'nice' team by former pros (Naismith being the latest). For once, I've enjoyed watching the emergence of a young player with an edge that backs down to no-one. I wish we had more like him tbh.

It'll be a real shame if Ryan decides his future isn't with Hibs. Characters like him are sadly lacking in the sanitised modern game. He's not perfect, and yes he's made mistakes, but his upside is huge and he's got all the attributes to play at a higher level.

It's sad that a fair few Hibs fans have swallowed the narrative generated by The Rangers' media machine. Porteous has got under their skin big time because he's not willing to play nice and let them have it their way. He would thrive in a Celtic or Rangers top with the added protection it brings.

bod
24-12-2021, 07:46 PM

I thought he swung his leg to make contact with him when the ball was away & both players were still on the ground.
sorry for not seeing the hibs player being innocent

Ozyhibby
24-12-2021, 07:50 PM
I’m beginning to see why Porteous doesn’t seem capable of learning and it’s because there must be plenty people round about him telling him it’s not his fault and it’s all down to the biased media, SFA etc.[emoji849]

WeeRussell
24-12-2021, 07:53 PM
Too often Hibs are labelled as a 'nice' team by former pros (Naismith being the latest). For once, I've enjoyed watching the emergence of a young player with an edge that backs down to no-one. I wish we had more like him tbh.

It'll be a real shame if Ryan decides his future isn't with Hibs. Characters like him are sadly lacking in the sanitised modern game. He's not perfect, and yes he's made mistakes, but his upside is huge and he's got all the attributes to play at a higher level.

It's sad that a fair few Hibs fans have swallowed the narrative generated by The Rangers' media machine. Porteous has got under their skin big time because he's not willing to play nice and let them have it their way. He would thrive in a Celtic or Rangers top with the added protection it brings.

Nobody’s swallowed any narrative. He’s got suspended for doing something needless and stupid. Again.

We don’t have any issue admitting that just because he’s one of our players, and a good one at that.

It’s really not difficult.

brog
24-12-2021, 07:56 PM
I haven't seen it at all but my unbiased version is Ryan is innocent!! Seriously, he comes over as such a normal, great guy with a real love for Hibs I can pretty much forgive him anything. If he goes to England he'll be a star & washed up ex Ugly players won't be analysing his every action. Good luck Ryan!

gbhibby
24-12-2021, 08:13 PM
There is no conspiracy or agenda for this incident. Ryan was stupid as **** and deserves a ban. Anyone thinking otherwise is clearly biased imo.

It's absolutely okay to admit a Hibs player was simply stupid, deserves his punishment and move on.
I agree but there is a lack of consistancy by the people who make these decisions in the SPFL SFA.

shamo9
24-12-2021, 08:16 PM
Nobody’s swallowed any narrative. He’s got suspended for doing something needless and stupid. Again.

We don’t have any issue admitting that just because he’s one of our players, and a good one at that.

It’s really not difficult.

You can't make sweeping statements about a support as large and diverse as the one we have. For example, my dad and his mates have swallowed it. They see respected retired pros calling Porteous all sorts and it contaminates their thinking.

Now, anytime they see him give a foul away they think he's 'at it again'. At best they think of him as a loose canon and a liability. It's not hard to imagine that most football fans and refs in Scotland have written him off as a thug.

I'm not saying Ryan is an angel. His sending off against Rangers when we lost 3-0 in Dec 2019 was stupid and dangerous. The game was gone. He let frustration get the better of him and angered a lot of influential people. He also let us and the club down. However, I think a lot of what has gone on since has been unjust.

Brunswickbill
24-12-2021, 08:21 PM
Ramirez is a grass.

Ozyhibby
24-12-2021, 08:24 PM
You can't make sweeping statements about a support as large and diverse as the one we have. For example, my dad and his mates have swallowed it. They see respected retired pros calling Porteous all sorts and it contaminates their thinking.

Now, anytime they see him give a foul away they think he's 'at it again'. At best they think of him as a loose canon and a liability. It's not hard to imagine that most football fans and refs in Scotland have written him off as a thug.

I'm not saying Ryan is an angel. His sending off against Rangers when we lost 3-0 in Dec 2019 was stupid and dangerous. The game was gone. He let frustration get the better of him and angered a lot of influential people. He also let us and the club down. However, I think a lot of what has gone on since has been unjust.

It looked liked a sending off on Wednesday night and I never heard any ex pro’s on the subject. It was a clear red card offence. I haven’t swallowed anything. I call it as I see it and that was a sending off. Lucky for us the ref was hopeless and Porteous went on to win the game for us.

Northernhibee
24-12-2021, 08:27 PM

So just to double check, did he not kick another player in the baws with his heel?

BS44
24-12-2021, 08:35 PM
Ramirez is a grass.

And a falsetto.

shamo9
24-12-2021, 08:42 PM
So just to double check, did he not kick another player in the baws with his heel?

:kinky

greenlex
24-12-2021, 09:08 PM
For the record m’lud. His heel may have come into contact with his baws but he did not kick him in the baws. They merely got in the way of his momentum. I rest my case.

JimBHibees
24-12-2021, 09:54 PM

What did Naismith say?

shamo9
24-12-2021, 10:07 PM
What did Naismith say?

This is him referring to the delayed Scottish Cup semi final between Hibs and Hearts last season:

"If they’re allowed, they’ll turn in nice performances where they dictate the tempo, play their passes, drop teams in deep and dominate possession. To beat them you have to disrupt that and as a sub in the semi I knew I had to get on, get in about them in the middle of the park and make an impact " ... That’s twice in a matter of seconds Naisy has called Hibs nice, which is probably another euphemism.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts-coach-steven-naismith-on-vanquishing-hibs-battles-with-broony-managerial-ambitions-battered-by-rangers-fans-and-being-big-hearted-footballer-3491147

St.Kristopher
24-12-2021, 10:29 PM
I notice many people critical of Porto seem to be our international fans. I'm not saying you guys are wrong but watching him on TV is nothing like watching him live. Watching him off the ball and hearing him get other players up for it is a joy to watch. Not sure if it comes over on the broadcast, but I would say 80-90% of our possession involves him. We were terrible when he was out of the team.

There is a way of watching the incident, that when Ramirez and Porto went down, the ball was at their feet, so he may have just been following through with his initial attempt to clear the ball. So careless rather than reckless.

Iggy Pope
24-12-2021, 10:39 PM
Utter stupidity from him.

We can talk about the inconsistencies all we like, Ryan put himself in this position. He done wrong, he was caught, he'll be punished. Everything else is just noise.

Much of it on here.

WeeRussell
24-12-2021, 10:46 PM
I notice many people critical of Porto seem to be our international fans. I'm not saying you guys are wrong but watching him on TV is nothing like watching him live. Watching him off the ball and hearing him get other players up for it is a joy to watch. Not sure if it comes over on the broadcast, but I would say 80-90% of our possession involves him. We were terrible when he was out of the team.

There is a way of watching the incident, that when Ramirez and Porto went down, the ball was at their feet, so he may have just been following through with his initial attempt to clear the ball. So careless rather than reckless.

But I don’t think one person on this thread has denied that Porteous is a good footballer or that he’s a positive influence amongst his teammates, whichever country they’re watching from?

Hardly anyone is actually suggesting (seriously) that he done nothing wrong the other night. Which makes it even stranger that they’re still lashing out at other Hibs fans for “swallowing the rhetoric” and saying he did.. or indeed the country, the media, Steven Gerrard etc.

Some people seem to be saying “aye he was in the wrong but don’t dare call him silly for it or you’re clearly believing the agenda against him”.

And then there’s obviously the odd individual that appears to genuinely believe he accidentally booted his opponent in the Niagara Falls.

CmoantheHibs
24-12-2021, 10:58 PM
Porto is a fantastic player and I think he is a huge part of this Hibs team. Certainly hope he is here for a long time. Whether he meant to kick him in the nads only he knows. I think there is a media vendetta against him instigated by the huns and continued on by pundits who need to express an opinion that makes them relevant. Beside that though Porto could help himself by wising up a wee bit.

B.H.F.C
24-12-2021, 11:04 PM

Load of patronising pish. Kick someone off the ball you’re likely to get a ban.

His ability isn’t in question.

I live about 8 miles from ER as well.

St.Kristopher
24-12-2021, 11:19 PM

Bud this is a message board to discuss things from all angles. I respect that you have an opinion however like much in life and football it's not black and white. I believe my post was balanced and attempted to be measured. Not attacking anyone and rather than stating anyone was wrong I asked questions (“Not sure if it comes over on the broadcast”).

I do call into question fans calling one of our own an idiot etc, when he scored the goal and deservedly got man of the match in a game no one expected to win. He went toe to toe with their biggest threat and won. Maybe if some of the other guys busted a gut like him could temper his game.

Also I never said he will not get banned, but a careless swipe at where you think the ball is a yellow or a red. An attempt to kick another player is a longer-term ban. I prefer to hope he is judged to be careless than hope he is out for longer, as right now we need him. While he's not innocent in this, the papers can make an easy penny stoking the narrative that he's a thug, it gives me shivers to see our fans join that chorus.

Many fans see the aggression needs to be tempered at times, but others we applaud it, as there hasn't been enough of late. The Livingston game was a clear indication of this, no one was doing anything so Porto pretty much took on their team himself and had to go off as a result. As I drove away he was the only person to get pass marks and I got the real fear that he would be out long term.

He’s a young all-action player and one I come to the ground to watch as much as the likes of Boyle.

Merry Christmas 🎄.

Ray_
25-12-2021, 07:43 AM

I have supported Porteous on here and FB from the beginning regarding his football ability and being an outstanding prospect, that however doesn't make me blind to his character weaknesses, which makes him do stupid reckless things such as that kick out on Wednesday. For those who are blaming the Aberdeen forward for over-reacting, Porto, with the slightest contact goes down like he was shot, the sort of thing that would drive other supporters mad when watching the likes of Berra.

While saying this, talent wise, I think the only reason Ryan is not a steadfast in the middle of the Scotland defence is his tendency to do silly things that could very well leave his team undermanned and vulnerable, I still believe him to be far and away the brightest prospect we have and if he screws the head, he will be playing at the top level in England or in Spanish or Italian football.

Keith_M
25-12-2021, 08:46 AM

Or in them.

RIP
25-12-2021, 10:28 AM
If not taking the piss out of female journalists, it’s a cowardly boot in the nads, or committing daft fouls in both penalty boxes, getting himself booked or sent off, openly smirking on the pitch, scoring own goals, passing the ball to the opposition, falling asleep in cup finals etc etc. He’s like one of these young lads who checks the media after each game to see what people are saying about him.

He fancies himself as a hard man which players like Yogi would laugh at. He’s increasingly seen as a childish wee boy who loves being the centre of attention. None of that behaviour benefits Hibernian Football Club on or off the park.

He was admittedly hacked off at not getting a move away last season. He’s made it clear to management and fans that he doesn’t see his future at Easter Road. He looks for all the world like someone who has lost focus on improving his all round game in favour of working his way out.

It’s such a shame to see a talented lad lose discipline and focus. Hopefully, like Scott Brown, he can wise up before it’s too late. Jack Ross couldn’t get him under control. Let’s see what Shaun and Gary can do to develop one of our prized assets. We all want him to stay and do well but has that ship already sailed?

JimBHibees
25-12-2021, 10:40 AM
This is him referring to the delayed Scottish Cup semi final between Hibs and Hearts last season:

"If they’re allowed, they’ll turn in nice performances where they dictate the tempo, play their passes, drop teams in deep and dominate possession. To beat them you have to disrupt that and as a sub in the semi I knew I had to get on, get in about them in the middle of the park and make an impact " ... That’s twice in a matter of seconds Naisy has called Hibs nice, which is probably another euphemism.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts-coach-steven-naismith-on-vanquishing-hibs-battles-with-broony-managerial-ambitions-battered-by-rangers-fans-and-being-big-hearted-footballer-3491147

Sums him up pity for him our under 18s weren't so nice when they were horsing the team he coaches during the week.

where'stheslope
25-12-2021, 11:55 AM
When I watched the incident, I noticed the ref appears to be watching the incident and gave no foul?
Then it is put on TV media and is scrutinised, and it becomes a reason for the compliance officer to get involved.
The pundits on Hibs TV watched it at half time and even they said it was a red card?
So it seems that once again we are about to lose one of our best players, but at least he won the game for us first!!!

Brightside
25-12-2021, 11:58 AM
If not taking the piss out of female journalists, it’s a cowardly boot in the nads, or committing daft fouls in both penalty boxes, getting himself booked or sent off, openly smirking on the pitch, scoring own goals, passing the ball to the opposition, falling asleep in cup finals etc etc. He’s like one of these young lads who checks the media after each game to see what people are saying about him.

He fancies himself as a hard man which players like Yogi would laugh at. He’s increasingly seen as a childish wee boy who loves being the centre of attention. None of that behaviour benefits Hibernian Football Club on or off the park.

He was admittedly hacked off at not getting a move away last season. He’s made it clear to management and fans that he doesn’t see his future at Easter Road. He looks for all the world like someone who has lost focus on improving his all round game in favour of working his way out.

It’s such a shame to see a talented lad lose discipline and focus. Hopefully, like Scott Brown, he can wise up before it’s too late. Jack Ross couldn’t get him under control. Let’s see what Shaun and Gary can do to develop one of our prized assets. We all want him to stay and do well but has that ship already sailed?

Merry Xmas.

brog
25-12-2021, 12:14 PM
When I watched the incident, I noticed the ref appears to be watching the incident and gave no foul?
Then it is put on TV media and is scrutinised, and it becomes a reason for the compliance officer to get involved.
The pundits on Hibs TV watched it at half time and even they said it was a red card?
So it seems that once again we are about to lose one of our best players, but at least he won the game for us first!!!

What time is the incident? I didn't even notice it 1st time round.

Since452
25-12-2021, 12:16 PM
I take it the ban kicks in immediately? Not available tomorrow?

Billy Whizz
25-12-2021, 12:19 PM

He’s free to play tomorrow, the disciplinary meeting/ appeal is on the 30th

Sir David Gray
25-12-2021, 12:22 PM

He'll miss the Celtic and Cove Rangers games, assuming the ban is upheld.

B.H.F.C
25-12-2021, 12:28 PM
He'll miss the Celtic and Cove Rangers games, assuming the ban is upheld.

Is there a chance of it being more than two games with his record this season?

Billy Whizz
25-12-2021, 12:29 PM
Is there a chance of it being more than two games with his record this season?

Don’t think so as he’s already served a one game ban for going over the points threshold

Since452
25-12-2021, 12:40 PM
He’s free to play tomorrow, the disciplinary meeting/ appeal is on the 30th

Cheers. Some good news at least.

Rumble de Thump
25-12-2021, 12:52 PM

You started your post with a lie and it didn't get any better after that. Merry Xmas.

May21/05/16
25-12-2021, 01:02 PM
Tomorrow will be his last game for hibs so I'd just like to thank Ryan for his time at hibs

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

hibbysam
25-12-2021, 01:26 PM

😂😂😂😂😂 one question, which female journalist did he ‘take the piss’ out of? None. Scored the winner, man of the match, we move on. Can’t believe you’ve just spend 10 minutes of your day to come up with that tripe.

SChibs
25-12-2021, 02:32 PM
Tomorrow will be his last game for hibs so I'd just like to thank Ryan for his time at hibs

Anything to back this up or do we just take your word for it?

SChibs
25-12-2021, 02:34 PM

How dare he smile. Fine him 2 weeks wages.

RIP
25-12-2021, 04:55 PM
���������� one question, which female journalist did he ‘take the piss’ out of? None. Scored the winner, man of the match, we move on.

Can’t believe you’ve just spend 10 minutes of your day to come up with that tripe.

Her name was Emma Dodds and his poor attempt at a sly joke at her expense fell a bit flat.

I typed my original post in under a minute btw. spend 10 minutes? - do you type with 1 finger :faf:?

I enjoyed and admired his goal, just didn't admire the cowardly follow through or childish smirk. Hibs should be moving on but yet again he's in the limelight for all the wrong reasons. Not that he cares about the club's reputation, he can't get away from us quick enough.

Aldo
25-12-2021, 05:28 PM

[emoji15]

Rumble de Thump
25-12-2021, 05:35 PM
Her name was Emma Dodds and his poor attempt at a sly joke at her expense fell a bit flat.

I typed my original post in under a minute btw. spend 10 minutes? - do you type with 1 finger :faf:?

I enjoyed and admired his goal, just didn't admire the cowardly follow through or childish smirk. Hibs should be moving on but yet again he's in the limelight for all the wrong reasons. Not that he cares about the club's reputation, he can't get away from us quick enough.

Ryan was clearly extracting the urine from Stevie Gerrard for him being rude to said journalist. That's why Sevco fans have been raging ever since.

hibbysam
25-12-2021, 06:05 PM

It wasn’t at her expense though, unless she also made that statement. Scored the winner and kept us a clean sheet in a huge win, he’ll do for me. Grab yourself a beer and stick some music or a film on or something, it’s Christmas.

B.H.F.C
25-12-2021, 06:39 PM

Think he was stupid during the week but I wouldn’t be stretching it to saying he doesn’t care.

MWHIBBIES
25-12-2021, 09:55 PM

Utter rubbish

Forza Fred
25-12-2021, 11:19 PM
Think all the ‘noise’ in the background re conspiracy theories, Steve Gerard and social media deflecting from the cut through issue of ‘should THIS incident be worthy of a red card’

Sadly, at the time I think it was, and presumably the Compliance Officer thought it was too.

We await the outcome of the SFA’s deliberations, and hope they are full of Christmas spirit……….

Forza Fred
25-12-2021, 11:24 PM

Would agree in a general sense that watching a game live certainly gives more of a helicopter view of a player’s abilities than watching on tv.

Sadly, when it comes to a specific incident, the reverse is true, and technology allows for a forensic review, devoid of atmosphere and emotion.

lord bunberry
26-12-2021, 11:05 AM

What a load of pish, why have you got in for one of our best players?

Greenbeard
29-12-2021, 01:19 PM
Per Daily Express via BBC Gossip column......
Hibernian are still weighing up whether to contest the notice of complaint about Ryan Porteous with the centre-half facing a two-match suspension for allegedly following through on Aberdeen's Christian Ramirez during last Wednesday's victory over the Dons at Easter Road.

Anyone heard or read any more?
I read that the case is due to be heard Wed 30th. If he does get a 2-match suspension would this include the Cove cup tie on 20 Jan or just league games i.e 'Tic and 'Well?

Sir David Gray
29-12-2021, 01:22 PM
Hibernian are still weighing up whether to contest the notice of complaint about Ryan Porteous with the centre-half facing a two-match suspension for allegedly following through on Aberdeen's Christian Ramirez during last Wednesday's victory over the Dons at Easter Road.

I read that the case is due to be heard Wed 30th. If he does get a 2-match suspension would this include the Cove cup tie on 20 Jan or just league games i.e 'Tic and 'Well?

He would miss Celtic and Cove Rangers.

lord bunberry
29-12-2021, 01:22 PM

Today is Wednesday but it’s only the 29th.

PatHead
29-12-2021, 01:36 PM
My beef is that not all players get treated the same. Look at Morelos in the game Porto got sent off, has a late dig at Porto, not called what it was (a kick off the ball) but a clever piece of play by the media because it wound Porto up.
No media witch hunt, no retrospective card. Ramirez bleats on social media, nothing done.
That is my fear with VAR. It will be used selectively.

Greenbeard
29-12-2021, 01:55 PM
Today is Wednesday but it’s only the 29th.
I'm totally lost with what day of the week it is. I blame the port.

Greenbeard
29-12-2021, 01:57 PM
My beef is that not all players get treated the same. Look at Morelos in the game Porto got sent off, has a late dig at Porto, not called what it was (a kick off the ball) but a clever piece of play by the media because it wound Porto up.
No media witch hunt, no retrospective card. Ramirez bleats on social media, nothing done.
Was Starfelt not red-carded in the Tic's league game immediately prior to the LC Cup Final (automatic one game?) but still played in the final?
That's what made me think the cup tie might not be included.

JimBHibees
29-12-2021, 02:14 PM

Agree there will have been many similar instances to the Porto one which had no action taken.

easty
29-12-2021, 02:37 PM

You’re right, but the sure fire way of not being picked up retrospectively is not kicking out, not doing something stupid.

Smartie
29-12-2021, 02:38 PM

It will be used selectively and it will be imperfect but I would expect it to cut out at least a few of the worst decisions.

29-12-2021, 02:54 PM

Fastest typing speed ever recorded is 216 words per minute (by someone copying text so not having to think up what to type) and you typed 232 words in under a minute. 🤔

Sir David Gray
29-12-2021, 03:00 PM
Was Starfelt not red-carded in the Tic's league game immediately prior to the LC Cup Final (automatic one game?) but still played in the final?
That's what made me think the cup tie might not be included.

Porteous is charged with violent conduct which results in the player missing his club's next two matches regardless of the competition.

Starfelt was given two yellow cards in the Ross County game which results in a one match ban which is then completed in the same competition as the one in which the sending off took place.

Diclonius
29-12-2021, 04:48 PM
Provided he stays we've got a bit of luck in that he would be free to play for the derby given the order of games has been moved around.

weecounty hibby
29-12-2021, 06:10 PM
3 match ban for Porto

Callum_62
29-12-2021, 06:11 PM
Back for the Derby

If he's still here

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
29-12-2021, 06:13 PM
3 match ban for Porto

Thought the hearing was tomorrow, or have we accepted the charge

B.H.F.C
29-12-2021, 06:13 PM
Did think he’d get an extra game having already served two suspensions this season.

Been really good in the two games under Maloney as well. Needless.

Kojock
29-12-2021, 06:16 PM
Ryan Porteous has been handed a three-match ban following an incident against Aberdeen.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/ryan-porteous-handed-suspension

Rumble de Thump
29-12-2021, 06:19 PM
Well have at least one new central defender in by then anyway.

cabbageandribs1875
29-12-2021, 06:21 PM
Did think he’d get an extra game having already served two suspensions this season.

Been really good in the two games under Maloney as well. Needless.

:agree: and some thought nothing in it

wonder if he'll learn from this

hibbysam
29-12-2021, 06:23 PM

I certainly feel it was easily arguable - for violent conduct there needs to be excessive force or brutality. Would suggest it wouldn’t be hard to argue that there wasn’t any intent.

Billy Whizz
29-12-2021, 06:25 PM
https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/

cabbageandribs1875
29-12-2021, 06:25 PM
I certainly feel it was easily arguable - for violent conduct there needs to be excessive force or brutality. Would suggest it wouldn’t be hard to argue that there wasn’t any intent.

nah not having that :wink:right from the first replay i thought what a fly git he was

Tyler Durden
29-12-2021, 06:29 PM

The excessive force point only applies where you are attempting to play the ball. Kicking someone off the ball is always excessive - something the likes of Mikey Stewart has continually misled people on in the past.

At the time I actually thought Porteous was unaware of the position of where the ball was, and that he tried to nick it. But the replays looked terrible, ball was nowhere near them. He deserves this ban after his record this season unfortunately.

greenlex
29-12-2021, 06:30 PM
Me too. I actually think the club have let him down not challenging that. By the time he makes contact they are both on the deck and not in control. Forget the excessive force argument. Is he even looking at the boy. Inconclusive for me.

MWHIBBIES
29-12-2021, 06:34 PM
Inevitable. Stupid ****ing thing to do and again he costs us. Brilliant player. Mentality of a child.

Northernhibee
29-12-2021, 06:36 PM
Inevitable. Stupid ****ing thing to do and again he costs us. Brilliant player. Mentality of a child.

Precisely, he’s no use to us in the stands and he needs to grow the **** up if he’s to come close to realising his potential.

hibbysam
29-12-2021, 06:36 PM
The excessive force point only applies where you are attempting to play the ball. Kicking someone off the ball is always excessive - something the likes of Mikey Stewart has continually misled people on in the past.

At the time I actually thought Porteous was unaware of the position of where the ball was, and that he tried to nick it. But the replays looked terrible, ball was nowhere near them. He deserves this ban after his record this season unfortunately.

‘Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.‘

That’s copied and pasted from the laws of the game. It specifically mentions when not challenging for the ball. Petulance isn’t a red card anymore.

Billy Whizz
29-12-2021, 06:39 PM
Precisely, he’s no use to us in the stands and he needs to grow the **** up if he’s to come close to realising his potential.

Maloney said something similar post match on Sunday, without the swearing obviously
I love Ryan as a player but we need him on the pitch

Tyler Durden
29-12-2021, 06:42 PM
‘Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.‘

That’s copied and pasted from the laws of the game. It specifically mentions when not challenging for the ball. Petulance isn’t a red card anymore.

Ok so my wording was incorrect to suggest excessive force applies only when challenging for the ball.

But my point stands that kicking someone off the ball is always excessive. It’s pretty simple. There is never a valid reason for a player to kick an opponent off the ball. There is no proportionate force in that scenario.

Different if you push someone in the chest, where there can be degrees of force and perhaps mitigating circumstances to consider. If you kick someone off the ball it is excessive force.

Sir David Gray
29-12-2021, 06:46 PM
No surprise and can't and won't defend him over this.

He's really the club down here and needs to grow up. Hopefully this is the last incident of this nature.

Rumble de Thump
It wasn't possible to tell if it was deliberate or not but he was always going to get a ban due to the reputation people have created for him. Comments on this thread show just how some people's opinions of Ryan have been negatively impacted. That being the case, he's a marked man and better off away from Scottish football. It will be our loss and our competitor's gain, which has of course been the intention.

mcohibs

Think we all know the answer to that.

04Sauzee
29-12-2021, 06:48 PM

And some are allowed to think nothing in it and the SFA are complete halfwits

WeeRussell
29-12-2021, 06:48 PM

In my experience a kick to the baws is always brutality and the force is never negligible.

Deserved ban and we move on. Hopefully Porto cuts these silly things from his game and continues his quality football for us.

bigwheel
29-12-2021, 06:49 PM
Think we all know the answer to that.

Jeezo. Give the guy some respect - I’m sure he will ..won’t change him completely , as it is this edge that also makes him a top player ….

hibbysam
Ok so my wording was incorrect to suggest excessive force applies only when challenging for the ball.

But my point stands that kicking someone off the ball is always excessive. It’s pretty simple. There is never a valid reason for a player to kick an opponent off the ball. There is no proportionate force in that scenario.

Different if you push someone in the chest, where there can be degrees of force and perhaps mitigating circumstances to consider. If you kick someone off the ball it is excessive force.

You can kick people hard and you can flick out at them, they’re not the same. Likewise with pushes. Nobody other than the player knows the intent and therefore it should be challenged.

Malthibby
Maloney said something similar post match on Sunday, without the swearing obviously
I love Ryan as a player but we need him on the pitch

Indeed. Still think he was very unlucky against The Rangers but thought the Aberdeen highlights showed pretty clearly that he was
lucky the ref missed him deliberately (imo) kicking Ramirez in the nuts.
Not so lucky after all & Hibs now lose him for 3 games.
Love him as a player, not as someone sitting watching in the stands. We've got fans to do that.

cabbageandribs1875
29-12-2021, 06:50 PM

and some

no, make that ALL would be going absolutely bananas if Morelos did that to one of our players

Northernhibee
29-12-2021, 06:51 PM
Jeezo. Give the guy some respect - I’m sure he will ..won’t change him completely , as it is this edge that also makes him a top player ….

How did that edge turn out for Jason Cummings in his career?

I couldn’t care less for his ‘hilarious’ laddy banter if it means he misses half the season suspended.

Mikey_1875
29-12-2021, 06:53 PM
Great player but hopefully someone is hauling him over the coals at the club about this. Is a sports psychologist too far a suggestion?

bod
29-12-2021, 06:53 PM

Will his ban follow him to his new club ?

Sir David Gray
29-12-2021, 06:54 PM
Will his ban follow him to his new club ?

If he stays in Scotland then yes.

bigwheel
29-12-2021, 06:54 PM
How did that edge turn out for Jason Cummings in his career?

I couldn’t care less for his ‘hilarious’ laddy banter if it means he misses half the season suspended.

I’m not talking about his banter (although have no issue with it ) ..I’m talking about his competitive edge on the pitch. There is no comparison …Jain is an arse - Porto isn’t . some people are hammering Porto. I’ve no doubt he will learn and develop from this

Billy Whizz
29-12-2021, 06:57 PM

I hope we don’t lose him this window
We all make mistakes

mcohibs
29-12-2021, 06:57 PM

Aye brilliant. Didn't learn from Barisic challenge, didn't learn from Aribo challenge (cost us the game), shocker of a tackle on McGregor shortly after it. He won't learn from this.

Top player is a bit of a reach. Lost count of the number of times he's gave away goals this year.

Ozyhibby
29-12-2021, 06:58 PM
It wasn't possible to tell if it was deliberate or not but he was always going to get a ban due to the reputation people have created for him. Comments on this thread show just how some people's opinions of Ryan have been negatively impacted. That being the case, he's a marked man and better off away from Scottish football. It will be our loss and our competitor's gain, which has of course been the intention.

Complete nonsense.

Ozyhibby
29-12-2021, 06:59 PM
We all make mistakes

We’ll lose him in the summer either way Billy. He hasn’t signed the new deal we offered so he’ll need sold soon.

04Sauzee
29-12-2021, 07:00 PM
and some

no, make that ALL would be going absolutely bananas if Morelos did that to one of our players

ALL would not be , said it before and I'll stick by it nothing in it and it should be challenged. Looks like the Media , referees and those at the SFA will drive one of the best young talents we have had at our club in along time out of our Club and probably out of Scotland.

Northernhibee
29-12-2021, 07:00 PM
I’m not talking about his banter (although have no issue with it ) ..I’m talking about his competitive edge on the pitch. There is no comparison …Jain is an arse - Porto isn’t . some people are hammering Porto. I’ve no doubt he will learn and develop from this

Unless he’s in a ball kicking contest that’s nothing to do with a ‘competitive edge’ and all to do with being an arse and letting the club down. The play had moved on long before he has gotten his heel in.

Billy Whizz
29-12-2021, 07:01 PM
We’ll lose him in the summer either way Billy. He hasn’t signed the new deal we offered so he’ll need sold soon.

Make sure we keep him until the summer, gives Hibs time to replace him
Will be a challenge for SM to get someone better

mcohibs
29-12-2021, 07:03 PM
ALL would not be , said it before and I'll stick by it nothing in it and it should be challenged. Looks like the Media , referees and those at the SFA will drive one of the best young talents we have had at our club in along time out of our Club and probably out of Scotland.

That is utter nonsense. I can't believe anyone looks at the challenges that Porteous has made and thinks it's anyone else's fault that he gets punished for it.

Can't blame the media either when he's stirred things up with the 'do we look happy' patter

bigwheel
29-12-2021, 07:03 PM
Unless he’s in a ball kicking contest that’s nothing to do with a ‘competitive edge’ and all to do with being an arse and letting the club down.

Being aggressive is a fine line - but clearly you are just simplifying the point and isolating him on his foolishness . not going to to and fro with you on it . My money is on Porto growing as a player - you can have whatever view you have …

cabbageandribs1875
29-12-2021, 07:04 PM

club didn't challenge it... sorry but if you didn't see him deliberately stick his heel in to the guys hee-haws then, well....no more to say

04Sauzee
29-12-2021, 07:05 PM
club didn't challenge it... sorry but if you didn't see him deliberately stick his heel in to the guys hee-haws then, well....no more to say

I didn't say we had challend it
No need to apologise
And fantastic

greenlex
29-12-2021, 07:06 PM
The ref is feet away and didn’t think there was anything in it. The players around it aren’t going mental so they obviously think there’s little in it. The player himself gets up rubbing his baws but isn’t going mental at Porteous so again can’t think there’s much in it at the time. This is trial by media. Both tv and social media. Nothing more. It would be hard to prove that’s deliberate. The only thing that’s got him a ban is his reputation which in itself is erroneous. I know he’s admitted violent conduct but whoever at the club is advising him isn’t doing there job properly. I conclude he’s played his last game for the club and is on his way south. He’s knows he’s away and so do the club.

B.H.F.C
29-12-2021, 07:06 PM

There have been things that have happened with him where his reputation has went before him. You can’t deliberately kick someone (and it was deliberate) then play the ‘marked man’ card though.

cabbageandribs1875
29-12-2021, 07:07 PM
I didn't say we had challend it
No need to apologise
And fantastic

excuse me ? what that called for aye ?

do one

Billy Whizz
29-12-2021, 07:07 PM
Being aggressive is a fine line - but clearly you are just simplifying the point and isolating him on his foolishness . not going to to and fro with you on it . My money is on Porto growing as a player - you can have whatever view you have …

Absolutely, how many reds has Ramos had? Not comparing Ryan to him, but both play with a bit of steel

Northernhibee
29-12-2021, 07:08 PM

What context am I missing from when he’s heeled another player in the baws when the ball is nowhere near either player?

04Sauzee
29-12-2021, 07:08 PM
That is utter nonsense. I can't believe anyone looks at the challenges that Porteous has made and thinks it's anyone else's fault that he gets punished for it.

Can't blame the media either when he's stirred things up with the 'do we look happy' patter
You have made your thoughts on Porteous clear in the past so forgive me for not taking much notice of your opinion, even although your obviously allowed to have your say 😁

SlickShoes
29-12-2021, 07:11 PM
The ref is feet away and didn’t think there was anything in it. The players around it aren’t going mental so they obviously think there’s little in it. The player himself gets up rubbing his baws but isn’t going mental at Porteous so again can’t think there’s much in it at the time. This is trial by media. Both tv and social media. Nothing more. It would be hard to prove that’s deliberate. The only thing that’s got him a ban is his reputation which in itself is erroneous. I know he’s admitted violent conduct but whoever at the club is advising him isn’t doing there job properly. I conclude he’s played his last game for the club and is on his way south. He’s knows he’s away and so do the club.

Did you watch the game? Ramirez was down for ages.

It's OK to support your own players, but you have to admit when they do something so clearly wrong, Porto does this constantly and never seems to learn, the reputation he has is from putting in some truly shocking tackles that are sometimes badly time but most of the time totally un-necessary. How long is he a daft laddie for?

Rumble de Thump
29-12-2021, 07:14 PM

It's OK to support your own players, but you have to admit when they do something so clearly wrong, Porto does this constantly and never seems to learn, the reputation he has is from putting in some truly shocking tackles that are sometimes badly time but most of the time totally un-necessary. How long is he a daft laddie for?

I watched the game. He got up and was fine.

SlickShoes
29-12-2021, 07:18 PM
I watched the game. He got up and was fine.

He still got kicked in the balls though.

greenlex
29-12-2021, 07:19 PM

Yes I did my comments during the game are as they are today. Check the thread. I said hard to say it was deliberate but if it was the club should fine him. As they challenge for the ball the boy has a grip of Porteous, they are both on the deck. He is trying to get free. There’s contact. There’s no doubt. Careless? Perhaps. Deliberate. No. The club didnt even try. They’re not wasting the cash on someone who is on their way. That’s my opinion.
If that had been Hanlon or McGinn with no previous how many would have been quick to jump on him? Media trial and reputation got him this ban much more than his actions. I’ve watched it on Skyswebsite a few times again as I keep thinking I’ve missed something but no my opinion is the same. It’s inconclusive.

edit - here’s my comment on the game thread to someone saying VAR would have had him off.

Not so sure. Hard to tell that was deliberate from those shots. If it was Porteous needs fined.

VAR would deal with it on the day without the media trial. I still think it’s inconclusive it’s deliberate and there’s a fair chance VAR would too.

Iggy Pope
29-12-2021, 07:19 PM
We all make mistakes

He’s made a mistake if he thinks he’s getting any backing from three or four of the absolute sages on here, one or two comments about his nature and personality are ****ing deplorable. And people say Twitter is a cesspit.

Stokesy's on fire
29-12-2021, 07:20 PM

Do Grassing snakes have balls? Say hello to the new Lee Wallace.

SlickShoes
29-12-2021, 07:27 PM

Makes no sense at all.

superfurryhibby
29-12-2021, 07:29 PM
He’s made a mistake if he thinks he’s getting any backing from three or four of the absolute sages on here, one or two comments about his nature and personality are ****ing deplorable. And people say Twitter is a cesspit.

You should read the comments on the Hibs facebook pages. With fans like these........

To be fair, he's a grade A daftie who's antics have and will cost the team. That said , he's our daftie.

MWHIBBIES
29-12-2021, 07:33 PM

They are allowed to think that, but they are quite clearly wrong.

Ryan made a mistake here.

greenlex
29-12-2021, 07:34 PM

Watch it again without the Porteous is an idiot bias. Nothing clear about it.
I’ve just watched Rudiger get a yellow in the Chelsea v Brighton game. The experts in the studio dismissing it as just a yellow as Rudiger is an aggressive player. Two footed lunge of the ground and most definitely out of control. Porteous would have been jailed most likely.

MWHIBBIES
29-12-2021, 07:36 PM

I have no bias. I am talking purely about this situation. He made a daft mistake. Clear kick out.

greenlex
29-12-2021, 07:39 PM
I have no bias. I am talking purely about this situation. He made a daft mistake. Clear kick out.
I think you’re clearly wrong in your assumption.

Rumble de Thump
29-12-2021, 07:40 PM

Apparently so. You said 'he does this constantly'. He doesn't. He obviously doesnt. So why do you seem to think he does?

hibbysam
29-12-2021, 07:40 PM

In your opinion.

MWHIBBIES
29-12-2021, 07:41 PM
In your opinion.

Obviously its my opinion.

In this case, it is correct, though.

hibbysam
29-12-2021, 07:42 PM

In this case, it is correct, though.

I couldn’t agree any less.

greenlex
29-12-2021, 07:42 PM

In this case, it is correct, though. :rolleyes:

CMac1988
29-12-2021, 07:44 PM
It's astonishing that people are here trying to defend what Porteous' has done here. Clear as day kick out off the ball. Silly thing to do and needs to learn from it. Outstanding player with so much promise. Serve the ban and put it behind him.

Onion
29-12-2021, 07:45 PM
Shame about Porto. Good players but still acting like a silly laddie when he is in desperate need of a strong, sensible role model to work alongside - someone he respects and will listen to. Patently not listening to Hanlon or Hibs management.

Might be one of those players who needs to move away to grow up and realise his full potential.

Hibs90
29-12-2021, 07:46 PM
Ask yourselves, if that is Morelos, does he get a 3 game ban also?

bod
29-12-2021, 07:48 PM

& if he doesn’t ?

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2021, 07:49 PM
I couldn’t agree any less.

I don’t think he made a mistake either. Fairly clear it was deliberately done.

I’ll defend Hibs and our players but not blindly.

Billy Whizz
29-12-2021, 07:49 PM
It's astonishing that people are here trying to defend what Porteous' has done here. Clear as day kick out off the ball. Silly thing to do and needs to learn from it. Outstanding player with so much promise. Serve the ban and put it behind him.

We support our own players, lots from the West get away with even more!

mcohibs
29-12-2021, 07:50 PM
Ask yourselves, if that is Morelos, does he get a 3 game ban also?

Yes. Morelos got a retrospective 3 game ban after his stamp on Porteous at Easter Road in February was missed by the ref. Ironically enough he also went on to score the winner in that game.

Almost identical situation. We need less of this conspiracy nonsense.

greenlex
29-12-2021, 07:53 PM
Yes. Morelos got a retrospective 3 game ban after his stamp on Porteous at Easter Road in February was missed by the ref. Ironically enough he also went on to score the winner in that game.

Behave. Morelos was standing up and quite deliberately and clearly stamped on him as he lay on the ground. Nothing like this situation FFS.

lord bunberry
29-12-2021, 07:53 PM
Correct. If Ramirez isn’t charged how can they charge Mcginn?

CMac1988
29-12-2021, 07:54 PM

You won't find me disagreeing with that. Already pointed out at the start of the thread Morelos is the obvious one who has got away with a shed load over the last few years despite the odd red here and there.

However this may seem like a strange concept to some but you can support your player/club and still criticise them. Crazy I know...

B.H.F.C
29-12-2021, 07:54 PM

Support them when they deserve to be supported. Still don’t think the red at Ibrox was a red and who he is played a part in it. With this one, it’s just stupid and I don’t think he/we can play the ‘because it’s him’ card.

Sir David Gray
29-12-2021, 07:55 PM
& if he doesn’t ?

I don't think the ban is transferrable to another country's association.

He has an SFA ban, not a worldwide ban so if he moves to another country I don't believe he'll serve a ban.

Hibs90
29-12-2021, 07:57 PM

No, completely different situation. Nobody said it was a conspiracy. But Morelos gets away with that and has done with numerous incidents in the past and not just against Hibs.. The reputation created for Ryan by the media and huns is what's got him banned here.

MWHIBBIES
29-12-2021, 07:58 PM
No, completely different situation. Nobody said it was a conspiracy. But Morelos gets away with that and has done with numerous incidents in the past and not just against Hibs.. The reputation created for Ryan by the media and huns is what's got him banned here.

Would he have been banned if he hadn't done anything?

His reputation did not get him banned here. Him kicking out at the Aberdeen playing did.

Amazing that people just lose all objectivity here. There is no argument at all based in any fact for this decision being wrong.

greenlex
29-12-2021, 08:00 PM

His reputation did not get him banned here. Him kicking out at the Aberdeen playing did.

Amazing that people just lose all objectivity here. There is no argument at all based in any fact for this decision being wrong.
In your much superior opinion. We know.:rolleyes:

MWHIBBIES
29-12-2021, 08:02 PM
In your much superior opinion. We know.:rolleyes:

Not my superior opinion. Its the only opinion based on any fact, mate. ''bla bla, his reputation, whinge whinge''. Hopefully Ryan takes responsibility and doesn't hide behind that rubbish.

Keep rolling your eyes. Sadly, it wont get him unbanned.

Hibs90
29-12-2021, 08:03 PM

I never said it was wrong, or right for that matter so stick your patronising pish somewhere else.

It's the 'inconsistency'. To use Morelos as an example, has got away with similar in the past and will do again probably. Lewis Ferguson is another who has got away with incidents time and time again.

greenlex
29-12-2021, 08:07 PM
Not my superior opinion. Its the only opinion based on any fact, mate. ''bla bla, his reputation, whinge whinge''. Hopefully Ryan takes responsibility and doesn't hide behind that rubbish.

Keep rolling your eyes. Sadly, it wont get him unbanned.
Conceited arrogant Pantomath is the only fact I see here. :rolleyes::aok:

mcohibs
29-12-2021, 08:08 PM
Behave. Morelos was standing up and quite deliberately and clearly stamped on him as he lay on the ground. Nothing like this situation FFS.

Similarities
1. A red card offence
2. Missed by the ref at the time
3. Retrospectively punished with 3 game ban
4. 'Offender' went on to score the winner

It's a similar situation that has been dealt with in the exact same way. That was the point. There's no conspiracy to retrospectively punish Hibs players more than Rangers (or any other team).

Morelos must be one of the most red-carded players in the league so I don't know why he's been used as an example of a player that 'gets away' with things either.

greenlex
29-12-2021, 08:12 PM
Similarities
1. A red card offence

It's a similar situation that has been dealt with in the exact same way. That was the point. There's no conspiracy to retrospectively punish Hibs players more than Rangers (or any other team).

Morelos must be one of the most red-carded players in the league so I don't know why he's been used as an example of a player that 'gets away' with things either.
:aok: Gotcha

Hibs90
Similarities
1. A red card offence

Because he gets away with alot more. He should be carded alot more than what he has been.

Ozyhibby
Hopefully Porteous isn’t listening to all the people saying he did nothing wrong and it’s all a media plot. If he is then it’s unlikely that this will be the time he learns either.

SlickShoes
Apparently so. You said 'he does this constantly'. He doesn't. He obviously doesnt. So why do you seem to think he does?

Flys into unnecessary challenges? he does it all the time.

Rumble de Thump
29-12-2021, 08:14 PM
Similarities
1. A red card offence

The Morelos incident was obvious. The Porteous one was not. Morelos is the most prolific thug in Scottish football and is very rarely punished for his assaults.

Rumble de Thump
29-12-2021, 08:16 PM
Flys into unnecessary challenges? he does it all the time.

Flies? Are you talking about him winning the ball cleanly or the times he broke players' legs?

J-C
29-12-2021, 08:17 PM
Conceited arrogant Pantomath is the only fact I see here. :rolleyes::aok:

:faf: Pantomath, love it, I've learnt a new word. :aok:

Not a clue what he's written though.

MWHIBBIES
29-12-2021, 08:18 PM
:faf: Pantomath, love it, I've learnt a new word. :aok:

Not a clue what he's written though.

Have you blocked me? You've never mentinoed it :faf:

J-C
29-12-2021, 08:22 PM
Ryan's a very good footballer but he has this tendency to do really daft stupid things like this or go into challenges at 100mph, until he learns to stop this he won't go any further in his career as this reputation with follow him wherever he goes.

Nakedmanoncrack
29-12-2021, 08:28 PM
Similarities
1. A red card offence

Correct, there can be no serious complaints here.

green leaves
29-12-2021, 08:32 PM

It’s relentless.

The red card against the huns was a stonewall red,he got away the challenge on the celtc player now banned for the idiotic kick at the grass.
He's not being chased out.
He needs to stop the dangerous tackles and afters.

Rumble de Thump
29-12-2021, 08:42 PM
That's it exactly. The dangerous tackles and afters aren't actually reality. Ryan had an excellent disciplinary record until Stevie G started his mind games. If people are so easily manipulated by Stevie G it makes me realise Alex Ferguson could have taken over the world.

Hibbyradge
29-12-2021, 08:46 PM
I’ve just watched Rudiger get a yellow in the Chelsea v Brighton game. The experts in the studio dismissing it as just a yellow as Rudiger is an aggressive player. Two footed lunge of the ground and most definitely out of control. Porteous would have been jailed most likely.

I genuinely thought Ryan was drawing his foot back so he could get up quickly.

If he's admitted violent conduct then I'm obviously wrong. I also think he won't be here after his ban is over.

Ozyhibby
29-12-2021, 08:46 PM
That's it exactly. The dangerous tackles and afters aren't actually reality. Ryan had an excellent disciplinary record until Stevie G started his mind games. If people are so easily manipulated by Stevie G it makes me realise Alex Ferguson could have taken over the world.

[emoji23]

Rumble de Thump
29-12-2021, 08:57 PM
Complete nonsense.

Obviously not.

Fuzzywuzzy
3 game ban is extreme. I take this is because of previous cards?

Rumble de Thump
[emoji23]

This is such tragic patter.