PDA

View Full Version : Team v Dundee United

Unseen work
23-12-2021, 08:54 PM
Interested to hear what people think the team will be on the 26th against Dundee Utd.

Maloney said before the Aberdeen game it was the best team to win that game and some changes were tactical.

Does that mean we’ll see some changes?

Since452
23-12-2021, 08:56 PM
Whatever the team is we are due them some serious payback for the doing they gave us at ER.

B.H.F.C
23-12-2021, 08:58 PM
Assuming JDH is injured, Newell in for him would be my only change.

wookie70
23-12-2021, 09:17 PM
Assuming JDH is injured, Newell in for him would be my only change. If JDH is back and Newell fit and drop Allan and play the same three in the middle we have been. I'd want them a good 10-20 yards up the park than they were under Ross though. Allan actually worked pretty hard on Wednesday but he still isn't very useful unless we are well on top and I doubt we will be against Utd. Another scrappy win will do nicely especially if Livi beat Motherwell and we can be hot on the heals of our pink chums.

B.H.F.C
23-12-2021, 09:23 PM
If JDH is back and Newell fit and drop Allan and play the same three in the middle we have been. I'd want them a good 10-20 yards up the park than they were under Ross though. Allan actually worked pretty hard on Wednesday but he still isn't very useful unless we are well on top and I doubt we will be against Utd. Another scrappy win will do nicely especially if Livi beat Motherwell and we can be hot on the heals of our pink chums.

Don’t think those three in the middle work. And I don’t think Maloney looks like going with three in the middle anyway.

Don’t think Allan played well last night but think he deserves the chance to go again, the hour will have helped him having not started a game for a few months. Didn’t do too badly up at Tannadice last time either.

Del Boy
23-12-2021, 09:27 PM
United with more covid issues, being reported tonight

B.H.F.C
23-12-2021, 09:28 PM
United with more covid issues, being reported tonight

Reading they’ve got three players back but lost three others or something along those lines.

wookie70
23-12-2021, 10:44 PM
Don’t think those three in the middle work. And I don’t think Maloney looks like going with three in the middle anyway.

Don’t think Allan played well last night but think he deserves the chance to go again, the hour will have helped him having not started a game for a few months. Didn’t do too badly up at Tannadice last time either.

He went three central against Aberdeen. Scottie was good against United last time but he is miles off it at the moment. Doidge is the same unfortunately. If JDH and Newell play as deep as they did under Ross then perhaps a more forward thinking player like Allan would be better but I get the feeling Maloney wants to get us passing a bit quicker and moving around the park more. I think that might suit the three with energy all of who can play a bit too

john rossi
23-12-2021, 10:45 PM
hopefully Maloney realises Alan has no pace and drops him team looked dead on their feet in most of the game. changes middle to front IMO Doidge Boyle up top give some youngsters a shout in midfield need fresh legs.

B.H.F.C
23-12-2021, 10:54 PM
He went three central against Aberdeen. Scottie was good against United last time but he is miles off it at the moment. Doidge is the same unfortunately. If JDH and Newell play as deep as they did under Ross then perhaps a more forward thinking player like Allan would be better but I get the feeling Maloney wants to get us passing a bit quicker and moving around the park more. I think that might suit the three with energy all of who can play a bit too

There is another thread about the the formation last night so don’t want to take this one off track too much, but Allan wasn’t playing in the middle of the park last night.

I agree Allan is off it, but that’s what happens when you hardly play. I think the hour last night will have done him good and he’ll be able to have more of an impact on Sunday.

wookie70
23-12-2021, 11:57 PM
There is another thread about the the formation last night so don’t want to take this one off track too much, but Allan wasn’t playing in the middle of the park last night.

I agree Allan is off it, but that’s what happens when you hardly play. I think the hour last night will have done him good and he’ll be able to have more of an impact on Sunday.

Just read that. I thought he played as the point of the three midfielder just in behind Boyle and Nisbet. Wherever he played he wasn't effective and there was very little interaction with him passing the ball. That is his only strength from what I can see and he was hardly involved despite how much we passed it. He might get another run as it looks like Maloney will adopt a style and try and force square pegs into at the moment while whittling away in training to make them fit better. If he gets a few wins it could be very effective. To be fair we won the game so perhaps the starting line up staying the same wouldn't be a bad thing. Murphy certainly never improved us when he came on in a similar position to Allan.

MWHIBBIES
24-12-2021, 12:24 AM
hopefully Maloney realises Alan has no pace and drops him team looked dead on their feet in most of the game. changes middle to front IMO Doidge Boyle up top give some youngsters a shout in midfield need fresh legs.

Any youngsters in mind?

Smartie
24-12-2021, 12:42 AM
It wasn't a perfect performance but we got the job done against an Aberdeen side who had been in decent form.

Given United are likely to be fairly under strength, I'd be tempted to go for exactly the same team as played the other night, possibly with Doidge in place of Nisbet.

We've got issues in the final 3rd, but we looked robust defensively and I'd be tempted to give the same players another chance.

Since452
24-12-2021, 09:25 AM
Only change I'd make is Newell for Allan if he's recovered