JimBHibees
23-12-2021, 01:31 PM
Worth a watch

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCXKLs14yjDc5s7GJ1txkWxw

wookie70
23-12-2021, 02:21 PM
Worth a watch

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCXKLs14yjDc5s7GJ1txkWxw

Looks a better game than it was from the highlights. Great corner from Boyle and a total mystery why Allan took, and wasted, the first 3 or 4 set pieces we had

AgentDaleCooper
23-12-2021, 02:38 PM
I thought porto's interview was very interesting, in terms of how measured his responses were - he seemed very careful not to be too positive about maloney, which made me wonder about the extent of the lingering loyalties to JR still in the squad - if this is the case, i hope it doesn't cause problems, and would suggest that SDG's presence is vital in the coaching team to help the transition.

blackpoolhibs
23-12-2021, 02:48 PM
How many times does Ryan say, aye listen, what does he think we will do, not listen? :greengrin

ozhibs
24-12-2021, 05:48 AM
How many times does Ryan say, aye listen, what does he think we will do, not listen? :greengrin

I must admit I had a good laugh at that 😂😂😂
GGTTH

Unseen work
24-12-2021, 06:28 AM
I thought porto's interview was very interesting, in terms of how measured his responses were - he seemed very careful not to be too positive about maloney, which made me wonder about the extent of the lingering loyalties to JR still in the squad - if this is the case, i hope it doesn't cause problems, and would suggest that SDG's presence is vital in the coaching team to help the transition.

Must admit I thought this too.

He seemed a bit tired/deflated and not as chirpy as normal. Even for his goal celebration he never done much.

I’m not sure if he wasn’t feeling great or what but he certainly never seemed his normal self.

Could be reading way too much into it.

Regardless the players can bump their gums all they want, the form was horrendous and since Ross has left we’ve got 7/9 points. They were part of the reason he was sacked so I suggest they get their heads down and give everything for Maloney and get right behind him.

From what I’ve heard Maloney will be ruthless if he thinks someone’s not buying into his ideas or doing what he wants.

JimBHibees
24-12-2021, 06:31 AM
Must admit I thought this too.

He seemed a bit tired/deflated and not as chirpy as normal. Even for his goal celebration he never done much.

I’m not sure if he wasn’t feeling great or what but he certainly never seemed his normal self.

Could be reading way too much into it.

Regardless the players can bump their gums all they want, the form was horrendous and since Ross has left we’ve got 7/9 points. They were part of the reason he was sacked so I suggest they get their heads down and give everything for Maloney and get right behind him.

From what I’ve heard Maloney will be ruthless if he thinks someone’s not buying into his ideas or doing what he wants.

Still very early days for new coach so players will still be waiting to see how it works out which to be honest is fair enough. Hopefully the break allows Shaun to really implement his plans.

Hibbyradge
24-12-2021, 09:15 AM

Media trained to within an inch of his life.

Itl was cringing.

Hibernian Verse
24-12-2021, 09:19 AM
Still very early days for new coach so players will still be waiting to see how it works out which to be honest is fair enough. Hopefully the break allows Shaun to really implement his plans.

I think Porto will be one of the players to benefit most from Maloney coming in. He wants to play passing football and Porteous has the ability to do that in abundance. Some of his balls out wide on Wednesday were Prem quality.

HiBremian
24-12-2021, 09:49 AM

Who is it always starts their answer with "definaately"? And I'm still waiting for the day an interviewer asks "how BAD is it that..." :cb

Alex Trager
24-12-2021, 10:03 AM
Who is it always starts their answer with "definaately"? And I'm still waiting for the day an interviewer asks "how BAD is it that..." :cb

Nisbet

HiBremian
24-12-2021, 10:12 AM
Nisbet

:thumbsup:

Lendo
26-12-2021, 06:50 PM
Post match interviews up on YouTube

Shaun Maloney
https://youtu.be/eUWOX-xsODQ

Chris Cadden
https://youtu.be/PERB_OMDAX4

wookie70
27-12-2021, 09:36 AM
Post match interviews up on YouTube

Shaun Maloney
https://youtu.be/eUWOX-xsODQ

Chris Cadden
https://youtu.be/PERB_OMDAX4

I like the fact he can't suppress the smile. It's fairly typical media trained bland content but you can see the happiness and spark. He has once again made it all about the players winning and reminding them of the work to come. It will be interesting to see what he is like when we have a poor result. All in all it really couldn't have went much better so far

Northernhibee
27-12-2021, 09:41 AM
I like the fact he can't suppress the smile. It's fairly typical media trained bland content but you can see the happiness and spark. He has once again made it all about the players winning and reminding them of the work to come. It will be interesting to see what he is like when we have a poor result. All in all it really couldn't have went much better so far

I love how he deflects any praise onto the players. It's something that Alan Stubbs did and I liked that very much.

wookie70
27-12-2021, 09:56 AM
I love how he deflects any praise onto the players. It's something that Alan Stubbs did and I liked that very much. It is a very good tactic as it allows him to be critical when they don't play at the required level. I think it was heartfelt too , as I doubt he thought it could have went so well. I'm amazed how well the players have adapted and been brave enough to keep possession. Even Macey is starting to look better with the ball. I'm certainly eating my words as I thought weather, pitches, crowds etc etc would mean this type of game wouldn't work but he is proving me wrong so far.