PDA

View Full Version : Free hibs tv for season ticket holders

lord bunberry
22-12-2021, 09:34 PM
How long is this going to be sustainable for? I reckon it’s having a big impact on the amount of fans in the stadium. I understand that it’s the only way for some season ticket holders to watch the team and for them I think it’s a good thing that should be continued, but I think it should be an either or type of deal. If you’re a fan who’s bought a season ticket in the knowledge that you won’t be able to attend then a quick sign up option should be available, but for the rest of us it shouldn’t be available as it’s making for terrible attendances and atmosphere’s. Some might argue so what, but it can’t be very inspiring for the team walking out in front of so few fans. I say this as someone who’s decided to not bother attending because it was cold and I could watch on tv earlier in the season.

Nakedmanoncrack
22-12-2021, 09:43 PM
How long is this going to be sustainable for? I reckon it’s having a big impact on the amount of fans in the stadium. I understand that it’s the only way for some season ticket holders to watch the team and for them I think it’s a good thing that should be continued, but I think it should be an either or type of deal. If you’re a fan who’s bought a season ticket in the knowledge that you won’t be able to attend then a quick sign up option should be available, but for the rest of us it shouldn’t be available as it’s making for terrible attendances and atmosphere’s. Some might argue so what, but it can’t be very inspiring for the team walking out in front of so few fans. I say this as someone who’s decided to not bother attending because it was cold and I could watch on tv earlier in the season.

I wasn't even aware it was an option earlier in the season, probably a lot of others were the same. Its right to continue with it right now, but it needs to end ASAP, people are getting out of the habit of going which can't be good

hibee
22-12-2021, 09:43 PM
I don’t agree that it’s unsustainable.

I renewed three season tickets and never got in for a whole season but because I still seen the games I renewed again, if that wasn’t the case I might not have renewed.

While I was there tonight I couldn’t make the last game due to self isolating so watching it on the tv was a good second option, Hibs didn’t lose any money because I wasn’t there as I don’t spend anything in the ground anyway but it did keep me interested.

(I find non season ticket holders watching illegal streams of Hibs tv more annoying)

wookie70
22-12-2021, 09:58 PM
Being selfish, I hope they stop it soon. The games are far less engaging with so few in the stands and having the option to watch on TV will make it far easier for fans to stay home. Not really possible to not have it though when the Govt are changing rules at short notice and when the general advice is to stay away from crowds.

O'Rourke3
22-12-2021, 10:03 PM
How long is this going to be sustainable for? I reckon it’s having a big impact on the amount of fans in the stadium. I understand that it’s the only way for some season ticket holders to watch the team and for them I think it’s a good thing that should be continued, but I think it should be an either or type of deal. If you’re a fan who’s bought a season ticket in the knowledge that you won’t be able to attend then a quick sign up option should be available, but for the rest of us it shouldn’t be available as it’s making for terrible attendances and atmosphere’s. Some might argue so what, but it can’t be very inspiring for the team walking out in front of so few fans. I say this as someone who’s decided to not bother attending because it was cold and I could watch on tv earlier in the season.I've been to most games this season. Misses through either my health issues or scheduling. Tonight however I missed the game due to a family member being admitted to hospital due to covid very early this morning. Your suggestion seems binary. Be there or be not there. Having TV is keeping people buying season tickets not keeping people away. When the pandemic is declared over, TV will stop. In my view, it will be declared over before it is, forceing folks to make hard choices. The economic ones will be easy and the club will suffer. A half empty stadium is better than an empty one. Crowds will return.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
22-12-2021, 11:43 PM
I've been to most games this season. Misses through either my health issues or scheduling. Tonight however I missed the game due to a family member being admitted to hospital due to covid very early this morning. Your suggestion seems binary. Be there or be not there. Having TV is keeping people buying season tickets not keeping people away. When the pandemic is declared over, TV will stop. In my view, it will be declared over before it is, forceing folks to make hard choices. The economic ones will be easy and the club will suffer. A half empty stadium is better than an empty one. Crowds will return.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
I hope crowds will return, but I wonder how comfortable some of us have got watching at home.

houstonhibbee
22-12-2021, 11:46 PM
I hope crowds will return, but I wonder how comfortable some of us have got watching at home.
As the product improves more will be tempted to attend

Stevie Reid
22-12-2021, 11:52 PM
Given the way of the world when season tickets went on sale, it really needed to be built in to the ticket. We didn’t know at that time what the Covid situation would be at the start of the season, and how many fans would be comfortable mixing in large crowds.

Let’s not forget that we started this season without being able to get all season ticket holders into matches - and sadly it looks like that may be the case again after the winter break, given how much longer restrictions have tended to last after they are brought in, across the duration of the pandemic so far.

The fact that people watching at home is having an impact on the atmosphere is unfortunate, but the option to do so helped to bring in vital income for us over the summer.

MWHIBBIES
22-12-2021, 11:58 PM
It wont happen next season I don't think. Club needs folk back through the door and TV companies wont like it anyway. Makes the games much easier to stream if they are being broadcast domestically anyway.

King Cosell
23-12-2021, 12:31 AM
Tonight's game was the first I've missed this season, had my booster in the afternoon and thought I might start feeling a bit ropey (midweek games I get home at midnight). I would definitely have been there if it wasn't live on Hibs TV. Crowds peaked for a couple of seasons after the Scottish Cup win, they were always going to drop a bit, and a bit further with Covid. I wouldn't compare our attendances with Hearts', they've been in the doldrums for years and are now going through a purple patch.

andyf5
23-12-2021, 05:48 AM
I didnt know hibs tv was free to season ticket holders. We are in a pandemic with a stay at home message and many people anxious so having Hibs TV is a good thing. Once things are back to normal, when we can go for a pint with friends thing will improve.Ron Gordon said he had big ideas for making the match day experience a lot better so will be interesting to see that take shape. I miss the half-time entertainment which would have stopped me thinking about how cold I was last night.

danhibees1875
23-12-2021, 07:59 AM
I hope it stays. I've missed a few games this season when away, but have been able to watch the game on my phone or even just the last 30 mins or so. That's been handy and provided a little bit of value to a barely used ST.

Last night was the first time I was free from plans and just didn't fancy it so watched from home. I wouldn't make a habit of that as I don't particularly enjoy watching football on TV/phone but the Covid situation along with the weather and a bit of apathy won the battle.

Brightside
23-12-2021, 08:07 AM
If we don’t drop it we aren’t going to fill the ground.

Edinburgh Green
23-12-2021, 08:17 AM
I'd imagine it's also affecting walk ups as well. There will be folk out there who would usually pay at the gate that are using their mates Hibs TV log in and watching it in the house

duffers
23-12-2021, 08:28 AM
I missed last night but I wasn’t aware I was still getting hibs tv. I did watch the game on he’s goal, which everyone and anyone can get onto. My point being, I doubt people still getting hibs TV is the problem for crowds being so low.

bigwheel
23-12-2021, 08:43 AM
I missed last night but I wasn’t aware I was still getting hibs tv. I did watch the game on he’s goal, which everyone and anyone can get onto. My point being, I doubt people still getting hibs TV is the problem for crowds being so low.

I’d hope when games are not shown live in the UK, that clubs do more to stop hesgoals etc giving free access to games online …will stop people staying at home if three want to watch a game

O'Rourke3
23-12-2021, 11:44 AM
I hope crowds will return, but I wonder how comfortable some of us have got watching at home.Once the TV stops all of us will have to make the choice. I much prefer being at the game so will have a ST for a while yet. If we have promising performances like last night folks won't take long to return and back the team

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
23-12-2021, 12:04 PM

It will be interesting to see how things develop if Covid is ever over.

If everyone was perfectly safe to go to ER, but had the option of watching on TV as a season ticket holder, what sort of split might there be?

For example, I'm in Glasgow. I could easily see me staying at home for midweek games on the TV, but I'd travel through to ER if they weren't.

Same for days where's the weather's just pure crap and cold.

Guess it will come down to finance. If the clubs can make more money by keeping the TV thing going for ST holders, I'd imagine they'll do so.

If not, they'll stop it when it's 'safe' for everyone to get back,

HH81
23-12-2021, 02:46 PM
Any English based season ticket holders on here?

I know on PPV not allowed to sell it due to 3pm blackout on a Saturday but if season ticket holder can you still log in?

Anyone know?

Salisbury Hibby
23-12-2021, 09:16 PM

I know on PPV not allowed to sell it due to 3pm blackout on a Saturday but if season ticket holder can you still log in?

Anyone know?I'm a Season Ticket Holder based in England. Yes, I can get the games on Hibs TV on a Saturday.

Sent from my moto g(60)s using Tapatalk

Libby Hibby
23-12-2021, 09:17 PM
It needs to stop if they want more fans in the ground…out of interest, do Hertz do similar as us?

HH81
23-12-2021, 09:21 PM
I'm a Season Ticket Holder based in England. Yes, I can get the games on Hibs TV on a Saturday.

Sent from my moto g(60)s using Tapatalk

Cool cheers wasn't sure if same rules applied. I never bought season ticket as thought could watch on PPV if wasn't at the games but then stopped it.

Flanny boy
25-12-2021, 11:45 AM
My old man has got a season ticket but wants to know what he needs to get on Hibs tv,password that’s required etc.Thanks and merry Christmas.GGTTH

Sir David Gray
25-12-2021, 11:46 AM
My old man has got a season ticket but wants to know what he needs to get on Hibs tv,password that’s required etc.Thanks and merry Christmas.GGTTH

Username - first name-surname-client ref
Password - Client ref

https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/

ekhibee
25-12-2021, 11:58 AM
I’d hope when games are not shown live in the UK, that clubs do more to stop hesgoals etc giving free access to games online …will stop people staying at home if three want to watch a game

I know what you mean but Celtic for example don't even offer PPV for away fans at Parkhead so you can't watch the game any other way if no fans are allowed in the ground.

Steven79
25-12-2021, 12:38 PM
I know what you mean but Celtic for example don't even offer PPV for away fans at Parkhead so you can't watch the game any other way if no fans are allowed in the ground.

Hibs tv international with a VPN.

JXM73
25-12-2021, 01:01 PM
All games at easter road will be filmed for live broadcast, so why not stream them for bit more cash... available to STs part of the package means we dont miss a game..

Flanny boy
25-12-2021, 01:22 PM
Username - first name-surname-client ref
Password - Client ref

https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/
Thank you very much 👍

mikefadge
26-12-2021, 12:59 PM

Anyone know?

So are Saturday rules being applied today because it's a full card? I can only get audio of today's game on HibsTV? (Season ticket holder)

1875Sean
26-12-2021, 01:08 PM
So are Saturday rules being applied today because it's a full card? I can only get audio of today's game on HibsTV? (Season ticket holder)

No I am sure it’s in Dundee utd tv so you will need to pay or hibs tv if you are international subscriber

Billy Whizz
26-12-2021, 01:09 PM

It’s United’s home game, so you’ll have to buy from them if you’re in the U.K., want to watch it live

HH81
26-12-2021, 01:13 PM

The Saturday rules wouldn't apply today as it's technically a bank holiday. That's why sky are able to show a 3pm game. As posted above though it's an away game so need to pay.

1875Sean
26-12-2021, 01:15 PM
The Saturday rules wouldn't apply today as it's technically a bank holiday. That's why sky are able to show a 3pm game. As posted above though it's an away game so need to pay.

The rule haven’t been in place for 2 seasons

mikefadge
26-12-2021, 01:16 PM
Ah yeah... I'm a numpty! 🤦

HH81
26-12-2021, 01:16 PM
The rule haven’t been in place for 2 seasons

Come back into place in England so we're not allowed to stream Hibs game on a normal Saturday any more.

1875Sean
26-12-2021, 01:18 PM
Come back into place in England so we're not allowed to stream Hibs game on a normal Saturday any more.

Yeah but the thread is about the hibs game, so all games can be view regardless of kick off time, just depends if it’s away you need to pay the other team

monarch
26-12-2021, 01:23 PM
Overall crowd figures not helped by the fact that all 3 Category A games to date, which normally provide our highest attendances, have all been held on dreich, freezing cold midweek nights with an accompanying monsoon(ok the rain was slightly gentler for the Aberdeen game). Also such timing inevitably a reduction in kids attending and far flung domiciled supporters.

Tv seems a much more comfortable option in above circumstances, unfortunately.

jgl07
26-12-2021, 09:41 PM
Nothing to do with Saturday rules. Hibs are AWAY to Dundee United so no free stream for season ticket holders.

HH81
27-12-2021, 05:04 AM
Yeah but the thread is about the hibs game, so all games can be view regardless of kick off time, just depends if it’s away you need to pay the other team

I actually thought it was Saturday yesterday 😁.

Carheenlea
27-12-2021, 08:32 AM
Listened to audio yesterday travelling in Ireland for what I think was the first time.

I usually enjoy Dave’s commentary when watching the feed, but without pictures it’s maybe not as descriptive a commentary as Cliff’s. Other than a sense of that we were playing very well, I can’t say I was able to conjure up the images of the action in my head.

I don’t suppose many just listen to audio so it’s no big deal and with a win, a good performance and signing off for the break with the indication there’s a lot to look forward to, it made for a very pleasurable couple of hours.

FRes Hibbie
27-12-2021, 12:52 PM
Listened to audio yesterday travelling in Ireland for what I think was the first time.

I usually enjoy Dave’s commentary when watching the feed, but without pictures it’s maybe not as descriptive a commentary as Cliff’s. Other than a sense of that we were playing very well, I can’t say I was able to conjure up the images of the action in my head.

I don’t suppose many just listen to audio so it’s no big deal and with a win, a good performance and signing off for the break with the indication there’s a lot to look forward to, it made for a very pleasurable couple of hours.

It’s hard to imagine how the commentary could be any worse.

Libby Hibby
27-12-2021, 11:12 PM
Has Cliff left HTV?

Sir David Gray
27-12-2021, 11:15 PM
Has Cliff left HTV?

No he was apparently away on a family holiday on Sunday and will be back after the break.

matty_f
27-12-2021, 11:39 PM
I honestly don’t think the games being on Hibs TV is that big a factor in season ticket holders not going to the games.

Watching on the TV is a very poor substitute to going to the games, and there’s unlikely to be thousands of folk who are shelling out for a season ticket or season tickets to watch Hibs TV.

I think poor form and covid were/are significantly bigger factors in attendance than having the option to watch on TV.

Personally, I’ve been to all the games that i could get to this season but i think it’s a great thing that clubs can either sell the games online or offer it to season ticket holders who can’t make it.

ekhibee
27-12-2021, 11:54 PM
I honestly don’t think the games being on Hibs TV is that big a factor in season ticket holders not going to the games.

Watching on the TV is a very poor substitute to going to the games, and there’s unlikely to be thousands of folk who are shelling out for a season ticket or season tickets to watch Hibs TV.

I think poor form and covid were/are significantly bigger factors in attendance than having the option to watch on TV.

Personally, I’ve been to all the games that i could get to this season but i think it’s a great thing that clubs can either sell the games online or offer it to season ticket holders who can’t make it.

Apart from Celtic who don't seem to offer any PPV for away fans. Totally agree with everything you say though.

JohnM1875
28-12-2021, 12:40 AM

100% agree. Its a nice wee bonus but if I'm allowed to attend I'll be there in person every single time. I'm sure the majority of fans are the same. I know the three others I sit next to are the exact same.

As soon as we start playing attractive football again I'm sure some fans will come back.

The pricing on the other hand could be a big factor. Really hope this is addressed for next season as it's too late now.

Smartie
28-12-2021, 12:57 AM

I really like the ability to watch away games from home.

Whilst I would quite possibly have gone to Tannadice (for a Boxing Day game under non-covid conditions) paying £12.50 to watch it from home was great.

I've definitely taken the easy option of watching the odd home game on tv that I would have normally made an effort to go to, if for any reason it's made sense around other commitments.

B.H.F.C
28-12-2021, 09:08 AM

I think the football on offer is/was the primary reason for people not attending. However, having the TV option makes the decision not to go that bit easier for some. If that wasn’t there, I think there would be a fair number more inclined to go to the ground (given they’ve already paid for the privilege). Similarly, I’m not convinced there are huge numbers of people that miss the game because of Covid. However, with the TV option there it gives anyone with any doubts the nudge to stay at home.

The sooner it goes, the better for me. I think we need to be doing everything to encourage people off their couch and back in the ground.

Sir David Gray
28-12-2021, 09:25 AM
I think the football on offer is/was the primary reason for people not attending. However, having the TV option makes the decision not to go that bit easier for some. If that wasn’t there, I think there would be a fair number more inclined to go to the ground (given they’ve already paid for the privilege). Similarly, I’m not convinced there are huge numbers of people that miss the game because of Covid. However, with the TV option there it gives anyone with any doubts the nudge to stay at home.

The sooner it goes, the better for me. I think we need to be doing everything to encourage people off their couch and back in the ground.

Yep agreed.

JimBHibees
28-12-2021, 09:28 AM

Agree definitely a factor Motherwell game it was freezing and snow showers definitely a factor being able to watch the game. The sooner that option is removed the better imo.

ekhibee
28-12-2021, 01:24 PM
Agree definitely a factor Motherwell game it was freezing and snow showers definitely a factor being able to watch the game. The sooner that option is removed the better imo.

Not sure what you meant, You think people should freeze rather than pay to watch an away game?

JimBHibees
28-12-2021, 01:30 PM
Not sure what you meant, You think people should freeze rather than pay to watch an away game?

Crap weather may dissuade season ticket holders from going to games if they have option of watching on tv from home.

bigwheel
28-12-2021, 01:54 PM
Crap weather may dissuade season ticket holders from going to games if they have option of watching on tv from home.

About 8 out of the 12 close friends with season tickets have chosen to watch the match on Hibs TV rather than rock up to ER numerous times this season. It’s never been the style of football, it’s either been Covid, a heavy cold or the weather as the reasons..