PDA

View Full Version : Gathering Outside Easter Road For The Derby

Mikey
21-12-2021, 01:47 PM
If the game goes ahead on the 3rd I wonder if we can arrange a gathering to support the team from outside the ground. A couple of hundred people and a drummer would be heard easily enough.

The problem of course is that anyone attending wouldn't be able to see the game at all.

Bring your own cheese and wine.

HappyAsHellas
21-12-2021, 02:20 PM
Will be watching it in a rammed pub and then up to the nightclubs later on, because these choices are virtually risk free compared to going to a game.

madjock9
21-12-2021, 02:25 PM
Was there not something about personal weddings still being unrestricted. So how about someone (sadly already married) move their wedding to Easter Road Stadium and have a few (20 thousand or so)friends for a small party. I can also recommend the supporting bands of 22 people (players) join in to kick around the cake (ball) for about 90 minutes or so with a small break half way through for some light refreshments. Then we can all make one big toast and be on your way home.

Just a thought.....

Nobody mention the PARTY word.....

Iain G
21-12-2021, 03:18 PM
Will be watching it in a rammed pub and then up to the nightclubs later on, because these choices are virtually risk free compared to going to a game.

Sounds like the pubs will be doing table service only?

GibbytheHibby2
21-12-2021, 03:20 PM

😂😂

Hibernian Verse
21-12-2021, 03:21 PM

Table service only until everyone gets pissed and starts mixing around the tables, on their way to the toilets, on their way for a fag etc etc.

Pretty Boy
21-12-2021, 03:28 PM

I think a lot of pubs will consider mothballing until the table service only lifts.

Not so bad for the big boys, although even they will struggle, but for some smaller estates the cost of additional staff, cleaning materials etc won't be offset by takings in January and February. It would cost money to open. Easier just to close the doors and hope to ride it out. If they get opened again by April they might be OK.

judas
21-12-2021, 03:38 PM
If the game goes ahead on the 3rd I wonder if we can arrange a gathering to support the team from outside the ground. A couple of hundred people and a drummer would be heard easily enough.

The problem of course is that anyone attending wouldn't be able to see the game at all.

Yes. I would join you for that.

Now finished with Sturgeons nannying and think it’s time to live again.

Name the time and tell me what cheeses to bring. I will also bring some grapes and oatcakes.

Steven79
21-12-2021, 03:40 PM
I think a lot of pubs will consider mothballing until the table service only lifts.

Not so bad for the big boys, although even they will struggle, but for some smaller estates the cost of additional staff, cleaning materials etc won't be offset by takings in January and February. It would cost money to open. Easier just to close the doors and hope to ride it out. If they get opened again by April they might be OK.

And how do staff continue to get paid during this?

Should they just send IOU's to pay their bills?

Billy Whizz
21-12-2021, 03:41 PM

They don’t at this moment in time

Pretty Boy
21-12-2021, 03:44 PM

They won't get paid.

That's where we are though. No furlough, keeping business open but severely restricting their trade and telling people not to go to them has consequences.

It happened during the last '2 week circuit breaker' that lasted about 5 months. Loads of pubs just didn't bother opening until it was financially viable to do so, the difference that time was the staff had a safety net.

Smartie
21-12-2021, 03:46 PM

"We are Hibernian FC, we hate the jam tarts but we quite like brie..."

:singing::singing:

Billy Whizz
21-12-2021, 03:46 PM
They won't get paid.

That's where we are though. No furlough, keeping business open but severely restricting their trade and telling people not to go to them has consequences.

It happened during the last '2 week circuit breaker' that lasted about 5 months. Loads of pubs just didn't bother opening until it was financially viable to do so, the difference that time was the staff had a safety net.

And without getting into politics Steven, it’s not in Scotland’s hands

Steven79
21-12-2021, 03:48 PM
They won't get paid.

I'm very much aware of it as me and others are in that boat where we work.

The potential for us having no income very soon is a very real prospect and I'm furious that we are being shafted.

Steven79
21-12-2021, 03:49 PM
And without getting into politics Steven, it’s not in Scotland’s hands

I'm very much aware of this but even now people can't see that running a country the way Scotland is being run simply dosen't work.

What will it take for some?

Inconsequential
21-12-2021, 03:51 PM

Name the time and tell me what cheeses to bring. I will also bring some grapes and oatcakes. Sturgeon's nannying? You're alive and in good health I hope. The FM is trying to keep it that way. You can pass the virus to someone else without knowing perhaps to someone with existing health concerns but you carry on, enjoy yourself. May I suggest No.10? Brilliant parties there.

LunasBoots
21-12-2021, 03:52 PM
Stand outside the pub, head round to the gates, count me in.

Pretty Boy
21-12-2021, 03:57 PM
I'm very much aware of it as me and others are in that boat where we work.

The potential for us having no income very soon is a very real prospect and I'm furious that we are being shafted.

It's horrible and I feel so much for people impacted. I've seen and heard about it 1st hand and it never gets easier to listen to.

It's why I really wish people would pause before criticising people getting upset and angry with announcements like today. It's a hugely anxious time for so many people with livelihoods literally on the line again and no sign of an end point. The whole drip feeding and leaking of information about new restrictions just adds to that.

hibbysam
21-12-2021, 03:57 PM
Sturgeon's nannying? You're alive and in good health I hope. The FM is trying to keep it that way. You can pass the virus to someone else without knowing perhaps to someone with existing health concerns but you carry on, enjoy yourself. May I suggest No.10? Brilliant parties there.

That could happen between now and the day I keel over, should we live under constant restrictions? It isn’t going away so that’s the choice. We were told we would live with it but that’s certainly not appearing to happen seeing as they **** themselves every time a new variant appears.

OstKurve Hibs
21-12-2021, 04:28 PM

I'm in, tired of this guff now, we have lives to live

The dalmeny
21-12-2021, 04:30 PM
What will it take for some?

Other parties to have a half decent manifesto?

Iain G
21-12-2021, 06:26 PM
That could happen between now and the day I keel over, should we live under constant restrictions? It isn’t going away so that’s the choice. We were told we would live with it but that’s certainly not appearing to happen seeing as they **** themselves every time a new variant appears.

With good reason in this case unfortunately. It's a pause to allow the boosters to get further down the tracks, they need to do something and at least they haven't shut the whole place down again.

Frazerbob
21-12-2021, 06:39 PM

Name the time and tell me what cheeses to bring. I will also bring some grapes and oatcakes.

Is it Sturgeon’s nannying that’s closed pubs at 8pm in Ireland? Or forced pubs in Wales to go table service only and sports behind closed doors? What about the full lockdown in The Netherlands, is that down to Sturgeon too? Have a word with yourself man.

hibbysam
21-12-2021, 06:41 PM
With good reason in this case unfortunately. It's a pause to allow the boosters to get further down the tracks, they need to do something and at least they haven't shut the whole place down again.

And then a new variant happens next year and we need another booster so we go back into restrictions - and so on and so forth.

WoreTheGreen
21-12-2021, 06:45 PM

Dearie dearlea

gbhibby
21-12-2021, 06:59 PM

A few laptops and mobile phones with sky go on them will do the trick,only problem will be the time lag.

Dalianwanda
21-12-2021, 07:05 PM
Is it Sturgeon’s nannying that’s closed pubs at 8pm in Ireland? Or forced pubs in Wales to go table service only and sports behind closed doors? What about the full lockdown in The Netherlands, is that down to Sturgeon too? Have a word with yourself man.

The 8pm thing here is a sham. Government only did it so they don’t have to pay pup to workers in that sector as it hasn’t been shut down. I live in a village that has a huge % of locals working in hospitality. Really feel for them.

H18 SFR
21-12-2021, 07:08 PM
Heading to Ireland Thursday morning. The hotels are doing cheap rooms so you can drink past 8pm in the residents bar. We’ve booked with my in-laws for a night out with a live band. No intention of staying in the room. It was only €40.

Leith Green
21-12-2021, 07:47 PM
I honestly think this is starting to become madness. Games of football etc are Super spreader events apparently .. As a father of a few kids , its pretty clear to me that schools are the super spreaders. How long are we going to keep having our freedom restricted? There could be a new varient every bloody few months

hibbydad
21-12-2021, 08:05 PM
I honestly think this is starting to become madness. Games of football etc are Super spreader events apparently .. As a father of a few kids , its pretty clear to me that schools are the super spreaders. How long are we going to keep having our freedom restricted? There could be a new varient every bloody few months
Well said Leith Green we have to learn to live with this

Steven79
21-12-2021, 08:13 PM
I honestly think this is starting to become madness. Games of football etc are Super spreader events apparently .. As a father of a few kids , its pretty clear to me that schools are the super spreaders. How long are we going to keep having our freedom restricted? There could be a new varient every bloody few monthsI would love to see a breakdown of where people picked up covid.

I would bet anything that football would be way down the list...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Scorrie
21-12-2021, 08:14 PM

👏👏👏👏 fitbaw song of the year!

FilipinoHibs
21-12-2021, 09:07 PM
Time to be responsible and grow up. There are some incredibly stupid people in this world who are only prolonging the pandemic and with it all the restrictions that go with it.

Iggy Pope
21-12-2021, 09:09 PM
Time to be responsible and grow up. There are some incredibly stupid people in this world who are only prolonging the pandemic and with it all the restrictions that go with it.

And time for some of the prose on here to be taken in the fun and manner intended. This isn’t CNN.

superfurryhibby
21-12-2021, 09:39 PM

Exactly. How many vaccines will we need to take? The most vulnerable are protected, hospitals admissions haven’t really increased but now it’s shortages of staff and crisis because of the isolation rules.

The economy is crumbling, we need to learn to live with and manage this virus. What’s the alternative?

Steven79
21-12-2021, 09:56 PM
Exactly. How many vaccines will we need to take? The most vulnerable are protected, hospitals admissions haven’t really increased but now it’s shortages of staff and crisis because of the isolation rules.

The economy is crumbling, we need to learn to live with and manage this virus. What’s the alternative?Hibernate every winter after Christmas!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Radge70
21-12-2021, 10:22 PM

.... Cause we are emmental Hibees

NAE NOOKIE
21-12-2021, 11:15 PM

We'll eat cheese wherever we may be :whistle:

lord bunberry
21-12-2021, 11:30 PM
There should be as many people as possible gathering at the stadium for home games. We need to show that we won’t accept this pish any longer, we’re coming up for 2 years of restrictions on our lives with no end in sight.

Torto7
22-12-2021, 12:02 AM

No chance of that. The man children don't have the mental stamina for it. Spoiled wee boys and girls. You can see the clowns on here who just repeat the same anti science guff that US evangelicals spew out via their media channels. They want to live in a magical world where you just ignore the virus and sod the cost to others as I'm alright.

Torto7
22-12-2021, 12:03 AM
There should be as many people as possible gathering at the stadium for home games. We need to show that we won’t accept this pish any longer, we’re coming up for 2 years of restrictions on our lives with no end in sight.

Utter tripe.