PDA

View Full Version : So who has had a positive test this morning after attending the Final?

Pages : [1] 2

BlackSheep
20-12-2021, 08:44 AM
Negative so far for me this morning, but will be testing again tonight and agin through the week.

Anyone testing positive?

Hermit Crab
20-12-2021, 08:47 AM
Negative so far for me this morning, but will be testing again tonight and agin through the week.

Anyone testing positive?

Even if you do test positive this morning there is absolutely no way you caught it at the final given the incubation period.

Hibernian Verse
20-12-2021, 08:49 AM
It’ll be tomorrow or Wednesday for cup final Covid

ScottB
20-12-2021, 08:50 AM
Even if you do test positive this morning there is absolutely no way you caught it at the final given the incubation period.

Omicron is apparently faster than previous variants, but still more likely to be tomorrow before the first of any cases caught at the final start turning up.

J-C
20-12-2021, 08:50 AM

The incubation period for this variant is around 24 - 48hrs, my son got it from his daughter around 36 hrs after she tested positive.

hibbyfraelibby
20-12-2021, 08:56 AM

Anyone testing positive?

Too early to show if you caught it at Hampden...

Pagan Hibernia
20-12-2021, 08:57 AM
I’ll be nervously testing myself on Wednesday and Thursday before heading to my family on Christmas Eve

Alfred E Newman
20-12-2021, 09:02 AM
We've had the 35 page thread about people worried about going to the final and now we have another about people worried about being at the game!
🤣🤣🤣

JeMeSouviens
20-12-2021, 09:06 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FG-M27yVQAAbEva?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FG-M27yVQAAbEva?format=jpg&name=large in case it's too small to read.

Ronniekirk
20-12-2021, 09:07 AM
I won’t be testing today too soon But the cough I have had for past few weeks is suddenly a lot better
I was up the very back No one behind me three empty seats to my right and no seats to the other side just concourse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackSheep
20-12-2021, 09:14 AM

The Omicron variant is supposed show up within 24 hours of contracting it... the other variants were 3-5 days.

pacoluna
20-12-2021, 09:17 AM
I've got a killer sore throat due to beaton.

Pretty Boy
20-12-2021, 09:18 AM
I spoke to test and protect yesterday to go over my contacts and asked them to clarify my isolation period.

I 1st felt really dodgy late Wednesday evening but lateral flow done Thursday morning showed negative, by Friday evening that was positve and a PCR confirmed as such. I was told I start my isolation count from the onset of symptoms which was Wednesday and not from positive test as the negative LFT simply meant the viral load at the time was too low to register and I was likely incapable of infecting others at that point. The bonus is I can end my isolation on Christmas Eve rather than boxing day which is what I feared.

The point is an LFT today is no indication as to whether you were infected yesterday. In fact a positive is probably a good indication you definitely didn't catch it at Hampden.

More generally I think we need to get away from getting overly hung up on where we caught it. It's an easily transmissible respiratory illness, there's every chance you caught it in a shop, on the bus or in a queue at the post office. Obviously for contact tracing purposes detailing where you have been is helpful and required but on a personal level the blame game helps no one. I got a text from someone apologising for passing it to me. Whilst I accept the sentiment, it was totally unnecessary. Firstly there is no guarantee they infected me and secondly even if they did so what? It wasn't intentional, it happened and I'll deal with it. Obsessing about the how, why and where is unhealthy.

JeMeSouviens
20-12-2021, 09:20 AM
It’s like folk want to say I told you so or try make folk who attended yesterday and had a good day feel guilty for supporting the club.

I hope the 2 guys who were medically attended to during the game yesterday were ok?

First part - you're being way too touchy. There were plenty of us swithering a bit about going because of the consequences of testing positive in the next few days. We (mostly) decided to risk it, now we're waiting to see if we got away with it. Seems pretty natural concern to me?

Second part - :agree: the guy taken out first half on a stretcher behind the goals seemed to be sitting up and chatting, so hopefully ok.

number9dream
20-12-2021, 09:25 AM
I didn't notice any sign of checks being done on vaccination status outside the ground like there was at the semi-final.

Iain G
20-12-2021, 09:26 AM

Anyone testing positive?

It's hibs.net after a loss, expect it all to be negative 😉

BlackSheep
20-12-2021, 09:26 AM
First part - you're being way too touchy. There were plenty of us swithering a bit about going because of the consequences of testing positive in the next few days. We (mostly) decided to risk it, now we're waiting to see if we got away with it. Seems pretty natural concern to me?

Second part - :agree: the guy taken out first half on a stretcher behind the goals seemed to be sitting up and chatting, so hopefully ok.

Exactly this... I literally went back and forth about it til 11am yesterday... i think a lot of fans will have been thinking the same thing this morning and for the next few days... the optimal phrasing being 'getting away with it'.

Yesterday was a huge risk, and i was very disappointed at seeing so few wearing masks, one of my group had to ask the fan behind him to either calm down or put a mask on as he was getting spat on throughout the game due to the lad's state of sobriety... His response was 'Eff off, i won't put a mask on for you!' And despite being pointed towards the bug screens saying it was mandatory inside the stadium, he still didn't comply...

Despite many fans' best efforts yesterday im sure some will unfortunately have caught it.

BlackSheep
20-12-2021, 09:27 AM
It's hibs.net after a loss, expect it all to be negative 😉

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Jamesie
Put this on before going into the stadium and wore it til back at the car: https://www.screwfix.com/p/jsp-flexinet-disposable-valved-mask-p3/32565 - if that won’t stop me getting omicron the nothing will!

Mon Dieu4
I didn't notice any sign of checks being done on vaccination status outside the ground like there was at the semi-final.

I didn't see any either which is why I thought it was weird having Leitch preaching at half time

pacoluna
20-12-2021, 09:29 AM
Yip, its pathetic ! Drama queens,Test yourself if u want, we dont all need to know about.

Going by this forum our end was going to be half empty,
Another example as to why we shouldn't take this place as an insight to our support.

BlackSheep
20-12-2021, 09:30 AM
Put this on before going into the stadium and wore it til back at the car: https://www.screwfix.com/p/jsp-flexinet-disposable-valved-mask-p3/32565 - if that won’t stop me getting omicron the nothing will!

Someone talking at close range can still spread the virus to another person wearing a mask, if their respiratory droplets land on your clothes, mask or even on your skin then you could easily come into contact with the virus after taking the mask off. Also your eyes are exposed at all times unless wearing a visor and droplets can hot you in the eye and enter your system this way.

This is why it bothers me and many others when you see folk wearing their masks below the nose... do they think droplet only enter and exit vis the mouth!!

Fuzzywuzzy
20-12-2021, 09:30 AM
There was a whole row that never showed up behind me. Maybe about 30 seats or so. No idea if it was a coach that got stuck somewhere or a group that had tested positive/self isolating

Hibbyradge
20-12-2021, 09:33 AM
It’s like folk want to say I told you so or try make folk who attended yesterday and had a good day feel guilty for supporting the club.

I hope the 2 guys who were medically attended to during the game yesterday were ok?

The OP was at the game. I very much doubt he's trying to make himself or others feel guilty.

overdrive
20-12-2021, 09:34 AM

We were checked by stewards just as you came off the main road to head down the street that leads you to the corner of the South and West.

We were then asked by at least 3 other sets of stewards if we’d had our passports checked.

Hermit Crab
20-12-2021, 09:51 AM
The incubation period for this variant is around 24 - 48hrs, my son got it from his daughter around 36 hrs after she tested positive.

Its been nowhere near 24 hours yet though.

Spike Mandela
20-12-2021, 09:51 AM

Nonsense. It’s the sensible and responsible thing to test yourself over the next few days before visiting anywhere.

This post actually reminded me to do it so thanks to the OP for posting.

jacomo
20-12-2021, 09:53 AM
We've had the 35 page thread about people worried about going to the final and now we have another about people worried about being at the game!
🤣🤣🤣

It’s almost as if it’s a big issue or something.

HNA2
20-12-2021, 09:56 AM
Just a note before another thread goes downhill. We wont be tolerating name calling about peoples concerns over catching covid on this thread or any other.

J-C
20-12-2021, 09:57 AM

The new variant is.

Jones28
20-12-2021, 10:03 AM

There was a cordon spot checking people but not everyone was stopped.

Yorkshire HFC
20-12-2021, 10:25 AM

We had to show our passports outside the ground - but the people checking them didn't read them - they only wanted us to show that we had them - not very impressive.

Mainly because of this website, I was really nervous about going to the game, and it was a last minute decision to go. I stopped reading this site due to the negativity.

But I was happy with how the day went - covid wise. Drove through with my brother - 20 minute walk to the ground. Got there about 1.30 - we were in the south stand upper and there was food and drink being served in what I expect is normally a hospitality area. It was pretty good - a big area which wasn't crowded. Went to seats at 2.30 - the seats to either side of us were empty, which was a bonus.

I only felt crowded when we left - bang on the full time whistle, but I guess the only option would have been to wait 30 minutes and watch Celtic get the trophy - no thanks.

Quick walk back to the car and we were back in D'mains at 6.20. I think it all worked out as well as it could have.

I tested negative this morning - I'd guess it's a bit early, but fingers crossed it stays like that.

superfurryhibby
20-12-2021, 10:32 AM
Our group of four were all asked to show vaxx passports. We had a call off on the morning, the fear had set in for one of us, which is fair enough. Saw a lot of folk offering tickets when we arrived at the Stadium c 2pm.

Jamesie
20-12-2021, 10:39 AM
Someone talking at close range can still spread the virus to another person wearing a mask, if their respiratory droplets land on your clothes, mask or even on your skin then you could easily come into contact with the virus after taking the mask off. Also your eyes are exposed at all times unless wearing a visor and droplets can hot you in the eye and enter your system this way.

This is why it bothers me and many others when you see folk wearing their masks below the nose... do they think droplet only enter and exit vis the mouth!!

That's all fair - although I did research ocular transmission as I was tempted to complement the mask with a pair of safety glasses as well, but the research points to this being remote in the extreme. Sanitised hands as soon as the mask was removed.

BlackSheep
20-12-2021, 10:43 AM

A lot of folk began their Cup Final day long before kick off.

Hermit Crab
20-12-2021, 10:50 AM
Got in the ground about 14:45, no checks at all that I seen taking place outside the South stand.

HH81
20-12-2021, 10:54 AM
Got in the ground about 14:45, no checks at all that I seen taking place outside the South stand.

The checks were top of the road cross from Mount florida train station.

I thought the trains to and from Glasgow were good yesterday, half full and no risks taken. Least the ones I was on.

tamig
20-12-2021, 10:58 AM
We were checked by stewards just as you came off the main road to head down the street that leads you to the corner of the South and West.

We were then asked by at least 3 other sets of stewards if we’d had our passports checked.

As were we. A whole line of stewards doing checks at that area.

Alfred E Newman
20-12-2021, 11:41 AM

I think the best thing you can do is shut yourself away until it's completely safe to come out.

gaz1875
20-12-2021, 11:49 AM

They were checking on the road to the west stand when we were entering the area to the stadium.

Greenbeard
20-12-2021, 11:54 AM
That's all fair - although I did research ocular transmission as I was tempted to complement the mask with a pair of safety glasses as well, but the research points to this being remote in the extreme. Sanitised hands as soon as the mask was removed.

Wasn't there but interested to know if there really was a sanitise clause.

SloopJB
20-12-2021, 11:58 AM

Ho Ho Ho

GreenCastle
20-12-2021, 12:00 PM
No checks in South lower around 2.40pm when I went in.

Couldn't actually believe how few security checks there were for a final.

Showed 1 steward my ticket and he pointed me towards the turnstile.

Iggy Pope
20-12-2021, 12:03 PM

Old Damned fans will enjoy this post.:top marks

theonlywayisup
20-12-2021, 12:08 PM
Just a note before another thread goes downhill. We wont be tolerating name calling about peoples concerns over catching covid on this thread or any other.

Like the OP, I did think that this merits a conversation. Before the final right up to Saturday evening, I was not 100% sure that I would attend. The thought of travelling by busy bus, being in a pub with three other busloads of Hibees for 3 hours, then being surrounded by so many at the game was giving me concern. However, all around me were taking precautions and mindful of social distancing and face masks.

However, I'm sure that's not the case for all who attended. So it would be good to hear if there were any Covid infections as a result of attending the final - not the individual cases, but more the high numbers on a bus or at a pub. It would give us a feel for assessing how safe attending busy football matches actually is.

wookie70
20-12-2021, 12:11 PM

Pretty much the same for me but I was a few minutes later. It never felt any more dangerous than every game I have been to this season. The variant has upped the ante but in terms of contact and passports the same. Virtually no-one wearing masks and next to no effort on passport checks. Toilets rammed at half time and loads of close contact in pie queues etc, from what I am told I sat in my seat and started moving a few seconds before Brother B blew the final whistle so as to avoid the crowds inside. Football is pretty amateurish in dealing with Covid but there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of evidence that outdoor games are super spreader events

Cropley10
20-12-2021, 12:18 PM
Been testing every 45 minutes since 8am. Currently negative.

Magpie
20-12-2021, 12:23 PM
Physically feeling the best I have in weeks, mentally exhausted from that game though.

hibee62
20-12-2021, 12:36 PM

We got checked going in around 2, the stewards had click counters. My guess is they got their 20% quota in before it got busy.

Sir David Gray
20-12-2021, 12:38 PM

I got stopped in my car on my way into the car park and was asked for a passport, although there were 3 of us in the car and the steward said he only needed to check 1.

When I suggested that it was perhaps a bit overkill to be checking cars on their way into the car park, his words were that you won't even get into the car park without a passport as there were Government officials all round the stadium checking this.

Skol
20-12-2021, 12:40 PM
As I entered the car park about 14:45 I was asked for my passport - when I pulled my phone out I was waved through as someone else would check phones. No one else ever asked

HFC93
20-12-2021, 12:52 PM
You could have shown the stewards doing Covid checks anything and they would have let you in. Absolute waist of time.

Jamesie
20-12-2021, 12:59 PM
You could have shown the stewards doing Covid checks anything and they would have let you in. Absolute waist of time.

The boy who checked ours looked like he’d never seen a smart phone, let alone a Covid pass. In my view you either don’t check passes or you do it the Italian way and have each and every passport physically scanned on entry to ensure validity. This halfway house is just a mockery really.

Green_one
20-12-2021, 01:18 PM
Oddly I walked from the car park to Greggs and only on my return got challenged for a passport

Folk on my bus behaved well. There was no hand sanitiser where I was in Hampden. Had a guy run a metal detector over me that I am sure was not switched on. Missed several items.

Going to start testing this evening. Hate the tests but it’s my immediate future. Fingers crossed for everyone.

Just realised I have Easter Road on Wednesday.

tamig
20-12-2021, 01:33 PM

I know test results can change quickly but is that not a bit overkill? There’s a bit of a shortage in a lot of areas in getting a hold of LFT kits at the moment. Twice a day max should be more than plenty for most folk.

Ronniekirk
20-12-2021, 01:55 PM

I never saw anyone being asked to show a covid passport and I was in a big Que

greenlex
20-12-2021, 01:58 PM
I was asked to show mine. There was a steward with a megaphone asking folk to have them ready long before they were needed. How checked they were is another matter.

Stewboy
20-12-2021, 02:07 PM
We had to show ours coming up from the Asda end, they weren't letting folk by without checking, mind you we were very early, about 145 so quieter

Peanut Shaz
20-12-2021, 02:19 PM
I was asked to show mine. There was a steward with a megaphone asking folk to have them ready long before they were needed. How checked they were is another matter.

Same here. I could have shown the guy my Tesco Club card and he would have waved me through. Not as much as a glance at it. Makes a mockery of the whole thing.

StevieT
20-12-2021, 02:21 PM

Oh no.........

Greenbeard
20-12-2021, 03:09 PM
Inspired by the Marx Bros. It's an age thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Sy6oiJbEk

theonlywayisup
20-12-2021, 03:39 PM

I know test results can change quickly but is that not a bit overkill? There’s a bit of a shortage in a lot of areas in getting a hold of LFT kits at the moment. Twice a day max should be more than plenty for most folk.

I think Cropley10 was joking.

#2 Double Tap
20-12-2021, 03:48 PM
I've got a killer sore throat due to beaton.

I heard its because you spent so long in the toilet smoking.

BlackSheep
20-12-2021, 03:55 PM

Im sure Cropley10 was kidding... but.....

There was an article in the news the other day where a virologist took 4 tests in one day and his first 2 test were negative, the 3rd was faintly positive and the last one showed a full positive result.... Every 45 mins would be overkill if it wasn't a joke, but taking one in the morning and one in the evening right now isn't as silly as it seems when one has been to a crowded event such as yesterday.

tamig
20-12-2021, 04:20 PM

Ah ok. Apologies if that was the case 👍

Ronniekirk
20-12-2021, 04:35 PM
Just done mine Negative
Will repeat tomorrow same time

ian cruise
20-12-2021, 04:58 PM
The Omicron variant is supposed show up within 24 hours of contracting it... the other variants were 3-5 days.

I'm just out of isolation today. Certain I caught it two Monday's ago, Wednesday had cold like symptoms but tested negative, Thursday negative, Fri positive lateral flow followed by positive PCR.

I'd definitely be testing all week if anyone was out and about at the weekend (whether it was the final or anything else) before visiting family and friends.

pacoluna
20-12-2021, 06:34 PM

Wouldn't surprise me.

Greencore
20-12-2021, 06:40 PM

🤣😂😂😂

BegbieHSC
20-12-2021, 06:50 PM
All the theatres in town have shut today - Playhouse, Trav and Lyceum, and I expect the Festival and Kings to follow.

Sadly, I think it’s only a matter of time till we’re back on our sofas - at least no Tanner this time 😅.

Keep on testing, and hopefully we have a good time Wednesday night - hopefully not our last for a wee while.

Hermit Crab
20-12-2021, 10:34 PM
Inspired by the Marx Bros. It's an age thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Sy6oiJbEk

Ahh the good old sanity clause gag, an absolute classic from the Marx bros. Kids should be shown these movies at high school as part of history classes. :greengrin

SloopJB
21-12-2021, 07:41 AM
All the theatres in town have shut today - Playhouse, Trav and Lyceum, and I expect the Festival and Kings to follow.

Sadly, I think it’s only a matter of time till we’re back on our sofas - at least no Tanner this time 😅.

Keep on testing, and hopefully we have a good time Wednesday night - hopefully not our last for a wee while.

Playhouse cancelled 25 minutes before the show was due to start on Saturday afternoon because 2 cast members tested positive for covid.

HH81
21-12-2021, 07:46 AM
Has anyone tested positive who was at the game or is everyone clear?

bigwheel
21-12-2021, 08:07 AM

A friends son , travelled by supporters bus, was negative beforehand and has now tested positive….

04Sauzee
21-12-2021, 08:14 AM

I think Cardiff and Swansea now have to play with empty home stadiums, not sure for how long.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-12-2021, 08:17 AM
I think Cardiff and Swansea now have to play with empty home stadiums, not sure for how long.

But their fans are able to travel to away games in England, it's mental!

Mon Dieu4
21-12-2021, 08:19 AM

All clear for me so far, will try again in a couple of days

Sir David Gray
21-12-2021, 08:24 AM

Yep from Boxing Day spectators are banned from attending all sporting events indoors and outdoors in Wales indefinitely.

oneone73
21-12-2021, 08:27 AM
All clear for me so far, will try again in a couple of days

Me too. I went by car, went to no bars, shops or vans, kept mask on throughout the game, went to the toilet at Hampden when there was only one other person in (18 minutes in), so I'm hopeful.
Not the way I want to spend cup finals, mind

Mon Dieu4
21-12-2021, 08:35 AM
Me too. I went by car, went to no bars, shops or vans, kept mask on throughout the game, went to the toilet at Hampden when there was only one other person in (18 minutes in), so I'm hopeful.

I was well behaved for once as well, with it being on a Sunday and having to work yesterday and coupled with everything going on just now I actually attended a final sober for the first time in 25 years or so, fingers crossed it's paid off

JeMeSouviens
21-12-2021, 09:44 AM

Pretty much the same apart from the toilet (tmi? :greengrin). Negative last night but probably still early. Testing again tonight.

Billy Whizz
21-12-2021, 09:45 AM

I was asked at the main rd before I got into the grounds around Hampden

MacBean
21-12-2021, 09:54 AM
Tests carried out yesterday and today - both negative :aok:

Hillsidehibby
21-12-2021, 10:12 AM
I m fine but I know someone who is positive today who went.

Pagan Hibernia
21-12-2021, 10:14 AM
Test done just now, and it’s negative. I had face mask on at Hampden, a scarf over the top of that, and sanitised my hands every ten minutes.

id be pretty furious to have caught anything

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-12-2021, 10:28 AM
Spent most of the day in The Alhambra, tested negative this morning.

Hermit Crab
21-12-2021, 10:36 AM
First test done since the final. Negative as expected.

hibbyfraelibby
21-12-2021, 10:47 AM

...as usual?

staunchhibby
21-12-2021, 12:11 PM
Negative test this morning

Peanut Shaz
21-12-2021, 12:36 PM
Traveled through on a bus. Still negative.

Since452
21-12-2021, 12:41 PM
Negative after bus through, bowling club and over celebrating our goal

JeMeSouviens
21-12-2021, 12:42 PM
Negative after bus through, bowling club and over celebrating our goal

Surprised you had time. :rolleyes:

WestCoastHibby
21-12-2021, 12:42 PM
I tested positive Saturday morning so that was that.
Quiet Yuletide for our household.

Ronniekirk
21-12-2021, 12:49 PM
Another test today still negative

Stonewall
21-12-2021, 01:28 PM
I was well behaved for once as well, with it being on a Sunday and having to work yesterday and coupled with everything going on just now I actually attended a final sober for the first time in 25 years or so, fingers crossed it's paid off

I tested positive on the morning of the game so didn't go but was going to stay off the drink. Would you recommend being sober whilst watching Hibs in a Cup-Final?

BlackSheep
21-12-2021, 02:48 PM
Another test today still negative

Same for me today, keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way.

Irish_Steve
21-12-2021, 03:06 PM

I'm waiting for the blackout, not a lockdown

TheSouthMoroccan
21-12-2021, 03:10 PM
One positive, one negative lateral flow test this am, PCR test now done. Fingers crossed :boo hoo:

Bristolhibby
21-12-2021, 03:15 PM
Tests carried out yesterday and today - both negative :aok:

Snap. In a house with my youngest who is positive. But I’m triple jagged and had COVID. I’m hoping that will give me enough antibodies to make it through to Christmas Day.

J

degenerated
21-12-2021, 04:21 PM
Old Damned fans will enjoy this post.:top marks:hilarious

Ronniekirk
22-12-2021, 02:11 PM
Third day in a row tested negative
Hardly anyone saying they have tested positive
Know lots of Celtic fans and they are saying likewise
Would be good if track and trace was able to tell the government how many positive cases there were from attending the game
Might of assisted them in coming up with a fairer number than 500

RIP
22-12-2021, 08:28 PM
Tested this evening. Was in the Corteo, then South Stand.

Negative result

Hulk1875
23-12-2021, 08:49 AM
2 Positive LFT this morning PCR booked for this afternoon wether it was at game or elsewhere I’ve caught it not sure

He's here!
23-12-2021, 09:15 AM

What it really says is nibbled to death by an okapi...

BegbieHSC
23-12-2021, 09:17 AM
2 Positive LFT this morning PCR booked for this afternoon wether it was at game or elsewhere I’ve caught it not sure

Sorry to hear that. Hope you’re feeling alright.

Hulk1875
23-12-2021, 09:46 AM
Sorry to hear that. Hope you’re feeling alright.

Thanks mate appreciated, done one Monday and today as my work requires not had any symptoms, just a croaky throat which I was putting down to singing and drinking Could possibly be a symptom of it. Feeling fine glad got Xmas sorted already for the kids and planned dinner in the house

Dashing Bob S
23-12-2021, 09:52 AM
I would hardly refer to Aberdeen as a ‘positive test.’

Dashing Bob S
23-12-2021, 09:54 AM
Spent most of the day in The Alhambra, tested negative this morning.

Impossible.

Since452
23-12-2021, 10:50 AM
Cough and a sore throat. Negative lateral flow but going for a PCR just incase.

Pedantic_Hibee
23-12-2021, 11:18 AM
Third day in a row tested negative
Hardly anyone saying they have tested positive
Know lots of Celtic fans and they are saying likewise
Would be good if track and trace was able to tell the government how many positive cases there were from attending the game
Might of assisted them in coming up with a fairer number than 500

Have

Carheenlea
23-12-2021, 11:42 AM
Maybe not the “super spreader” as claimed.

Hillsidehibby
23-12-2021, 11:46 AM
Have

👏

Ronniekirk
23-12-2021, 05:06 PM
Fourth day still negative

AL-Qaholik
23-12-2021, 05:17 PM
I'm negative so far (testing twice daily), but 2 folk I went with are now positive...

Glory Lurker
23-12-2021, 05:19 PM
Still negative. Just in from a food shop. I felt far safer on Sunday, and last night, than I did there.

Jamesie
23-12-2021, 05:28 PM
Still negative. Just in from a food shop. I felt far safer on Sunday, and last night, than I did there.

Still amazed at the number of punters walking about shops without masks on. Must be some number of exemptions out there.

overdrive
23-12-2021, 05:34 PM
Still amazed at the number of punters walking about shops without masks on. Must be some number of exemptions out there.

I’m amazed at the amount of families where every member of it is exempt. Amazing that a family of 6 all have health conditions that exempt them. Do asthmatic people find each other really attractive that they end up together?

jacomo
23-12-2021, 05:43 PM
I’m amazed at the amount of families where every member of it is exempt. Amazing that a family of 6 all have health conditions that exempt them. Do asthmatic people find each other really attractive that they end up together?

You’ll probably find they are all afflicted by stupidity.

I will say this for face masks - it makes it easier to identify and avoid morons while out and about (valid exemptions exempt of course).

OstKurve Hibs
23-12-2021, 05:47 PM

I will say this for face masks - it makes it easier to identify and avoid morons while out and about (valid exemptions exempt of course).

And how do you know who's a "valid exemption" and who's not ? Or do you just assume ?
Get a grip

BlackSheep
23-12-2021, 05:57 PM
And how do you know who's a "valid exemption" and who's not ? Or do you just assume ?
Get a grip

Those who are exempt are supposed to wear a lanyard that helps authorities identify them easily…. If they choose not to do this then they have no real come back if other people give them strange looks or even say something.

matty_f
23-12-2021, 05:58 PM
Was testing daily and was negative. Developer a cough last night and woke up this morning feeling hellish, took a LFT and that’s positive.
Been for a PCR this morning but I’d be amazed if that wasn’t positive as well.

Greencore
23-12-2021, 06:23 PM
Lanyards are available to buy online for under 10 pounds. Definitely people using them to bypass wearing masks. More fool them. Basically giving the people who do truly need the lanyards a bad name

jacomo
23-12-2021, 06:26 PM
Was testing daily and was negative. Developer a cough last night and woke up this morning feeling hellish, took a LFT and that’s positive.

Bad luck, wishing you a swift recovery.

A nice excuse to put the feet up though!

blackpoolhibs
23-12-2021, 06:29 PM
Get a grip

You dont, nobody does, but it's as clear as the nose on your face the one's who flaunt the rules, and do a huge disservice to those who are exempt.:rolleyes:

Scottie
23-12-2021, 06:30 PM
Matty same symptoms as i had the day before final. Positive lateral flow followed by positive PCR day of final. Couple of days feeling rough but better now. Best wishes to you & your family mate.

brianmc
23-12-2021, 06:39 PM
You dont, nobody does, but it's as clear as the nose on your face the one's who flaunt the rules, and do a huge disservice to those who are exempt.:rolleyes:

Have you also noticed the sheer number of those claiming they are unable to breathe if they have a mask on who amazingly CAN breathe through the Lambert and Butler fag they have jammed in their gobs? Must be over 90%!

*other brands/types of tobacco products are also available

blackpoolhibs
23-12-2021, 06:45 PM
Have you also noticed the sheer number of those claiming they are unable to breathe if they have a mask on who amazingly CAN breathe through the Lambert and Butler fag they have jammed in their gobs? Must be over 90%!

Amazing eh. :agree:

matty_f
23-12-2021, 06:49 PM
Matty same symptoms as i had the day before final. Positive lateral flow followed by positive PCR day of final. Couple of days feeling rough but better now. Best wishes to you & your family mate.

Thanks, hoping it passes quickly

matty_f
23-12-2021, 06:49 PM
Bad luck, wishing you a swift recovery.

A nice excuse to put the feet up though!

Cheers!

Ronniekirk
23-12-2021, 09:05 PM

I have had a cough for weeks had a runny nose then blocked and night sweats Went fir PCR and was negative so you never know I never felt it was anything more than. a bad cold

PatHead
23-12-2021, 09:08 PM

Hope you and your family get better soon/

S4uzee
23-12-2021, 09:22 PM
I have had a cough for weeks had a runny nose then blocked and night sweats Went fir PCR and was negative so you never know I never felt it was anything more than. a bad cold

I didn’t have the night sweats but runny nose and tickly cough since Monday. Went for PCR and negative too

DIXIHIBS
23-12-2021, 09:23 PM

Were you on a coach or travel on your own? Just curious.

basehibby
23-12-2021, 09:46 PM

This old Damned fan has tested +ve and having spent xmas locked in his room like Cinderella might just need a Sanity Clause to gert out afterwards!

Frazerbob
23-12-2021, 10:01 PM

It’s incredible eh? So other countries have exemptions? As I understand it, exemptions are only from wearing masks for 15 minutes or more.

AFKA5814_Hibs
23-12-2021, 10:10 PM
Took a LFT on Saturday before the game and again on Tuesday morning both negative. Quite happy to accept these results. 👍

matty_f
23-12-2021, 10:55 PM
Were you on a coach or travel on your own? Just curious.

Coach. Took a lft the night before and then on the morning of the game, both were negative.

OstKurve Hibs
24-12-2021, 03:46 AM
Those who are exempt are supposed to wear a lanyard that helps authorities identify them easily…. If they choose not to do this then they have no real come back if other people give them strange looks or even say something.

Ever thought that some people dont wish to be branded and have people know they have a medical condition(s), these things are a choice you know.
Each to their own, respect other peoples decisions.

BlackSheep
24-12-2021, 07:02 AM
Ever thought that some people dont wish to be branded and have people know they have a medical condition(s), these things are a choice you know.

There are very few physical medical conditions that suffer from wearing a mask for prolonged periods. Countless medical professionals have confirmed this. Most medical conditions that do suffer from wearing masks are mental health conditions such as ASD and other similar conditions.

People with such conditions are less likely to have ‘invisible’ conditions and therefore concern over ‘branding’ themselves is less likely…

…Many ‘exempt’ people simply do not physically suffer from mask wearing and simply have got it into their minds that they will not do as requested.

You say to respect other peoples decisions, well when these people start respecting those around them, by either wearing a mask or by identifying their legitimate exemptions then perhaps that is when other will begin to respect them in return.

There is no shame in being legitimately medically exempt.

Hibbyradge
24-12-2021, 08:58 AM
There are very few physical medical conditions that suffer from wearing a mask for prolonged periods. Countless medical professionals have confirmed this. Most medical conditions that do suffer from wearing masks are mental health conditions such as ASD and other similar conditions.

People with such conditions are less likely to have ‘invisible’ conditions and therefore concern over ‘branding’ themselves is less likely…

…Many ‘exempt’ people simply do not physically suffer from mask wearing and simply have got it into their minds that they will not do as requested.

You say to respect other peoples decisions, well when these people start respecting those around them, by either wearing a mask or by identifying their legitimate exemptions then perhaps that is when other will begin to respect them in return.

Good post.

Jones28
24-12-2021, 09:08 AM

Great post

jacomo
24-12-2021, 09:10 AM
Get a grip

Oh I just make assumptions.

If you ARE exempt I’d have thought you’d be furious at those who just can’t be bothered to wear a face covering, but maybe that’s just me.

jacomo
24-12-2021, 09:12 AM

It’s very difficult to respect someone who has shows utter contempt for others.

TheSouthMoroccan
24-12-2021, 10:57 AM

Same as me. LF positive on Tues am, PCR on Tues am came back positive yesterday. Couple of my neighbours are lap dancers, they are positive too, so wee party at mines. I'll send you my address :wink:

04Sauzee
24-12-2021, 11:01 AM
Family of 4 testing daily and so far so good all negative as off this morning.

Zambernardi1875
24-12-2021, 11:06 AM

i presume your post is only aimed at medically exempt adults and not kids having to wear badges in public

LunasBoots
24-12-2021, 11:08 AM
Done one last night, came back negative but do feel like crap, cough, muscle pain, headache etc.....must just be man flu.

SaulGoodman
24-12-2021, 11:12 AM
Done one last night, came back negative but do feel like crap, cough, muscle pain, headache etc.....must just be man flu.

Take a PCR. I had a negative lateral flow but a positive PCR earlier in the month.

LunasBoots
24-12-2021, 11:17 AM
Take a PCR. I had a negative lateral flow but a positive PCR earlier in the month.
Yeah just ordered one to be on the safe side. Never really sure of the LFT's accuracy.

RIP
24-12-2021, 11:24 AM
Took a LFT on Saturday before the game and again on Tuesday morning both negative. Quite happy to accept these results. 👍

Tuesday morning was too soon, need to wait at least three days bud. I know half a dozen final attendees who were testing negative until yesterday when positive results started to appear

JohnMcM
24-12-2021, 11:34 AM

Sounds like a pcr test would be a wise move for you. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

BlackSheep
24-12-2021, 12:04 PM
i presume your post is only aimed at medically exempt adults and not kids having to wear badges in public

Of course… but guidance doesn’t request that children wear ‘badges’ in public…. But if you are referring to 12 and up as children then yes I would say that identifying your exemption at that age is the responsible thing to do and shows respect to your peers and to others.

I see many many people of that age group not wearing masks in shops and in closed spaces…. But people of that age are still learning social responsibility so at least have that excuse.

Ringothedog
24-12-2021, 12:26 PM
I did a PCR on Tuesday and posted it back the same day, still no result back.

Since452
24-12-2021, 12:33 PM
I did a PCR on Tuesday and posted it back the same day, still no result back.

I'm still waiting for my PCR result from yesterday. We were going out for Xmas dinner but just cancelled it. Feel like I've swallowed glass and can't stop coughing. ***** timing but is what it is.

wookie70
24-12-2021, 12:36 PM

I'm exempt due to asthma. I wear a mask and I cough my guts up every time. Attitudes like this are the main reason I choose to wear one even though it is probably worse for my health. Perhaps we should get the Scottish Government to sew some emblems into our clothing! We could have different ones for those vaccinated and exempt. Around 1 in 16 Scots have asthma and of course there are more conditions that make you exempt. Covid has been more divisive than Brexit or Independence and the Governments are loving it.

Zambernardi1875
24-12-2021, 12:38 PM
Of course… but guidance doesn’t request that children wear ‘badges’ in public…. But if you are referring to 12 and up as children then yes I would say that identifying your exemption at that age is the responsible thing to do and shows respect to your peers and to others.

I see many many people of that age group not wearing masks in shops and in closed spaces…. But people of that age are still learning social responsibility so at least have that excuse.

You’ll find a lot of places to adhere to the guidance and insist the child wears a badge to prove there disability, also identifying you’re exemption for a child 12-14/15 is still a terrifying thought.

Hibbyradge
24-12-2021, 12:46 PM
I'm exempt due to asthma. I wear a mask and I cough my guts up every time. Attitudes like this are the main reason I choose to wear one even though it is probably worse for my health. Perhaps we should get the Scottish Government to sew some emblems into our clothing! We could have different ones for those vaccinated and exempt. Around 1 in 16 Scots have asthma and of course there are more conditions that make you exempt. Covid has been more divisive than Brexit or Independence and the Governments are loving it.

You had me totally onside until your last sentence. I doubt anyone is loving division in society caused by masks.

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2021, 12:46 PM
Nonsense, it's the attitude of those who just download a lanyard from the internet, saying they are exempt when there is nothing wrong with them, that is making you feel guilty and wearing a mask when you clearly are exempt.

It should be harder to get an exemption for this, other than just decaring yourself exempt.

Jones28
24-12-2021, 12:47 PM

Do you wear a lanyard to show people you’re exempt?

Helensburghhibs
24-12-2021, 12:47 PM
You shouldn't have to wear a badge to show your exempt. The common theme is it would make people not complying stand out when In fact many people with disabilities feel a badge or a lanyard (which are not required btw) would make them stand out , which they don't want

Pretty Boy
24-12-2021, 12:55 PM
The sunflower lanyard scheme predates covid by quite some time. The point of it was and is to alert service providers and indeed the general public to the fact that someone had a hidden disability or other issue that may not be obvious. It was to encourage people to be patient and understanding.

Yes it's about 'branding' someone and making them stand out but for a positive purpose. Sadly plenty chancers have now turned it into something else. I have every sympathy for the tiny minority of people who are exempt from wearing a mask. The guys walking about with the swagger eyeballing people and daring them to say something or the people walking about with a 50p badge bought from Amazon? Not so much.

IncredibleHibee
24-12-2021, 01:02 PM
Was going to be driving home for Xmas today. Lateral flow done just before I was due to head off. Positive 🤦*♂️. I knew the risks associated with going to the final though so have to take it as it comes!

Have a merry Christmas hibees

tamig
24-12-2021, 01:02 PM
Tuesday morning was too soon, need to wait at least three days bud. I know half a dozen final attendees who were testing negative until yesterday when positive results started to appear

Exactly. Testing up to Tuesday and stopping testing then if you’d been to the semi is irresponsible imo.

I’ve been testing daily since Tuesday and negative so far. Final test tomorrow to confirm if my planned Christmas is on. 🤞

skankomcphee
24-12-2021, 01:18 PM
It should be harder to get an exemption for this, other than just decaring yourself exempt.

I agree with this. Something needs to be done with the spangle families dragging themselves around supermarkets etc without a mask between them (you should have seen TK Maxx yesterday - full of them) and the wannabe tough-guy 20/30 somethings, quite often associated with the boxing or body building fraternities, who are too tough for the virus t get them and again for whom masks seem to be optional.

hibbyfraelibby
24-12-2021, 01:20 PM
Given the numver on here now stating they have tested positive or are dispkaying symptoms kinda suggests that the real experts and not the social media "scientists" may have been right to be nervous about super-spreader outdoor football events after all. Funny that.

skankomcphee
24-12-2021, 01:22 PM
I agree with this. Something needs to be done with the spangle families dragging themselves around supermarkets etc without a mask between them (you should have seen TK Maxx yesterday - full of them) and the wannabe tough-guy 20/30 somethings, quite often associated with the boxing or body building fraternities, who are too tough for the virus t get them and again for whom masks seem to be optional.

And I forgot the ching-heids - apologies. Because until Sunday I didn’t know that cocaine abuse gave you an immunity from the virus - but that’s clearly the case from what I saw amongst many of the young team and their mask adherence (or lack of) at Hampden.

GreenCastle
24-12-2021, 01:53 PM
Given the numver on here now stating they have tested positive or are dispkaying symptoms kinda suggests that the real experts and not the social media "scientists" may have been right to be nervous about super-spreader outdoor football events after all. Funny that.

It’s probably a very small % of the 48,000 who attended. So not exactly a super spreader.

Xmas day will be more a super spreader across the U.K. than the final.

Alfred E Newman
24-12-2021, 02:36 PM

Who’s to say anyone testing positive now picked it up at the football? There are lots of other places to pick it up.

J-C
24-12-2021, 02:38 PM
Yeah just ordered one to be on the safe side. Never really sure of the LFT's accuracy.

Problem with LFT is most people don't stick it far enough down the nose, it says only for your nose, ignore that and do your throat 1st and then using the same swab do your nose, it's far more accurate.

Yorkshire HFC
24-12-2021, 02:43 PM

I think this is an important thread - it's the only reason I've come onto this website in the last week. I went to the final and I've tested negative every day since - so far. I hope the people who have tested positive feel okay - and feel for you if it's affecting your Christmas. Stay safe.

tamig
24-12-2021, 04:01 PM
Problem with LFT is most people don't stick it far enough down the nose, it says only for your nose, ignore that and do your throat 1st and then using the same swab do your nose, it's far more accurate.
The new kits are for the nose only but I’ve been using the original gag kits that you need to do the tonsils then the nose to get your test.

Just Alf
24-12-2021, 04:17 PM
2 boys at work tested positive with LFTs yesterday, since the game they've not been anywhere except bus to work and work itself.... both are opposite sides of (large open plan) office and are different lunches... no one else has it , that we know of.

Personally I'm thinking bus to/from work is higher probability than the game at this point.

BlackSheep
24-12-2021, 04:52 PM
2 boys at work tested positive with LFTs yesterday, since the game they've not been anywhere except bus to work and work itself.... both are opposite sides of (large open plan) office and are different lunches... no one else has it , that we know of.

Personally I'm thinking bus to/from work is higher probability than the game at this point.

Question is do they wear masks on public transport? If so then I’d say it more likely the final was the source.

J-C
24-12-2021, 05:25 PM
The new kits are for the nose only but I’ve been using the original gag kits that you need to do the tonsils then the nose to get your test.

My sons pal did the basic nose test and came up negative, he then did another using the nose only kit but did his throat 1st and then nose, it was positive. PCR test then was positive.

davhibby
24-12-2021, 05:41 PM

If you’re testing positive at this point in the week unless you’ve never left the house since Sunday and live alone there’s no way of knowing that you picked it up at the final. Obviously it’s a possibility but to suggest that’s definitely where you got it is quite a big stretch.

wookie70
24-12-2021, 05:59 PM
Do you wear a lanyard to show people you’re exempt? No I wear a mask because clearly, judging by this thread, people would point fingers and it is more trouble than it is worth. I completely disagree with people having to identify themselves as having ill health and from what I can see the purpose of the lanyard is to protect you from numpties moaning about people not wearing masks.

Jones28
24-12-2021, 05:59 PM
No I wear a mask because clearly, judging by this thread, people would point fingers and it is more trouble than it is worth. I completely disagree with people having to identify themselves as having ill health and from what I can see the purpose of the lanyard is to protect you from numpties moaning about people not wearing masks.

I only asked.

Have a great Christmas.

Ronniekirk
24-12-2021, 06:08 PM
Fifth day lateral flow negative

FilipinoHibs
24-12-2021, 08:43 PM
If you’re testing positive at this point in the week unless you’ve never left the house since Sunday and live alone there’s no way of knowing that you picked it up at the final. Obviously it’s a possibility but to suggest that’s definitely where you got it is quite a big stretch.

It would be good if there was some contact tracing around those who tested positive and been to the final to see if the rate of infection was greater than in the general population. Help have better guidance for future events.

Hulk1875
24-12-2021, 09:11 PM
Just done another LFT positive again, hopefully get PCR results tonight or tomorrow even though I know for certain it’s gonna be in the house till 4th jan with missus and 3 kids, **** on them but we’ll have one good Xmas together haha

jacomo
24-12-2021, 09:27 PM

Spare your anger for the fools who refuse to wear a mask even though they would have no issue doing so. It’s got **** all to do with my attitude.

MartinfaePorty
24-12-2021, 09:35 PM
Ironically, my best mate decided not to go the final and has now tested positive, whilst all of us who went are, so far, fine.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Since452
25-12-2021, 08:45 AM
PCR results just in. Positive. Could have been at the football, could have been work. Feel hellish and I'm triple jabbed.

superfurryhibby
25-12-2021, 09:19 AM
No I wear a mask because clearly, judging by this thread, people would point fingers and it is more trouble than it is worth. I completely disagree with people having to identify themselves as having ill health and from what I can see the purpose of the lanyard is to protect you from numpties moaning about people not wearing masks.

It’s a tough titty scenario you’re portraying. Wear a lanyard and identify yourself as exempt, for whatever reason ( people really don’t care, do they) or not wear one and be identified as a selfish fud.

Just because you have Asthma, doesn’t mean you can’t spread Covid, so I would be inclined to tolerate one for visits to the shops or whatever. Uncomfortable either way, but given what you say, it reduces risk to you and risk to others from you. See it as a small sacrifice, and get it into perspective.

hibbysam
25-12-2021, 09:22 AM
It’s a tough titty scenario you’re portraying. Wear a lanyard and identify yourself as exempt, for whatever reason ( people really don’t care, do they) or not wear one and be identified as a selfish fud.

Just because you have Asthma, doesn’t mean you can’t spread Covid, so I would be inclined to tolerate one for visits to the shops or whatever. Uncomfortable either way, but given what you say, it reduces risk to you and risk to others from you. See it as a small sacrifice, and get it into perspective.

Or everyone could stop telling others what to do and how to live their lives. World is already a horrible place without potentially triggering a mental health breakdown in someone who isn’t doing anything wrong yet are quick enough to be labelled. If you can and do wear a mask, fantastic - well done us. If you can’t then equally fantastic, get on with your day.

superfurryhibby
25-12-2021, 09:53 AM
Or everyone could stop telling others what to do and how to live their lives. World is already a horrible place without potentially triggering a mental health breakdown in someone who isn’t doing anything wrong yet are quick enough to be labelled. If you can and do wear a mask, fantastic - well done us. If you can’t then equally fantastic, get on with your day.

On a realistic note though, how many people can seriously not wear a mask in the shops for 20 mins or so etc? If they are that vulnerable then just maybe the shops isn’t a good place for them?

If people’s mental health is that fragile and fears about being labelled are that great then I really feel for them, the world has changed and it’s not going back to normal anytime soon. I’m not a fan of coercion in general and question aspects of vaccination and some of the measures associated with “ protecting “ . However, I always wear a mask in indoor public places, out of respect for others, just not wanting to come across as a selfish idiot and to reduce risk to myself. For me and for most people, it’s a small price to pay.

CentreLine
25-12-2021, 10:49 AM
On a realistic note though, how many people can seriously not wear a mask in the shops for 20 mins or so etc? If they are that vulnerable then just maybe the shops isn’t a good place for them?

If people’s mental health is that fragile and fears about being labelled are that great then I really feel for them, the world has changed and it’s not going back to normal anytime soon. I’m not a fan of coercion in general and question aspects of vaccination and some of the measures associated with “ protecting “ . However, I always wear a mask in indoor public places, out of respect for others, just not wanting to come across as a selfish idiot and to reduce risk to myself. For me and for most people, it’s a small price to pay.

Last paragraph, that’s the ticket 👍🏻

I take my, 87 year old, disabled father-in-law shopping every Friday. He’s no shrinking violet, only three years ago my wife and I were horrified when he announced he had been at the doctor to discuss erectile disfunction 😖. He is slowing down fast now but retains a great sense of humour and determination to keep as much of his independence as possible.
He has a number of medical issues, including from an industrial accident 50 years ago when his lungs were badly burned and permanently damaged through inhalation of fumes from a sulphuric acid tank. (They didn’t do compensation back then). It’s hard to argue he is not exempt from mask wearing. He absolutely cannot restrict his breathing with a mask but we rely heavily on the decency of others to wear masks as it reduces the chance of spreading the virus.

The old man’s only day out a week is something he looks forward to immensely and I am so grateful the the majority of people we come across whilst shopping wear masks so that he can continue enjoying this small pleasure. The staff at the at Asda store that we normally go to know him from years back and never fail to acknowledge him and he them.

So thank you and merry Christmas to that huge majority of people who take care of themselves and others when they are out and about. As for those that don’t well I am sure they have issues and reasons of their own and it’s Christmas so merry Christmas to them too.

Let’s have just one day when we are nice to each other, even on Hibs net.

beensaidbefore
25-12-2021, 10:59 AM

The problem is when you have a bunch if chavs on the bus shouting and bawling up the back without a mask. It always seems to be the same 'type' of folk who are excempt. Also, the amount of workies who wander about shops with no masks is staggering. Its these kinda folk that make matters more difficult for people like you.:thumbsup:

basehibby
25-12-2021, 11:10 AM

Sounds awfy like the Omicron - I had two negative LFs before a positive the following day - Merry Xmas to all btw - if you're sat in your bedroom in isolation you're really not alone! :tree

Ronniekirk
25-12-2021, 11:20 AM
Day six and still negative so family round today and enjoy X mass

hibbysam
25-12-2021, 11:42 AM

I do also, I just don’t get myself worked up enough to start labelling and name calling everyone who doesn’t. Majority won’t have reasons but all it takes is to say the wrong thing about one person and it can have devastating consequences.

superfurryhibby
25-12-2021, 11:57 AM
I do also, I just don’t get myself worked up enough to start labelling and name calling everyone who doesn’t. Majority won’t have reasons but all it takes is to say the wrong thing about one person and it can have devastating consequences.

Neither do I and again if I were feeling that delicate, I’d probably just opt for the mask. My observation is that most folk not wearing them do appear to be quite comfortable about making their “statement” though.

matty_f
25-12-2021, 04:53 PM
PCR results just in. Positive. Could have been at the football, could have been work. Feel hellish and I'm triple jabbed.

My PCR test came in positive in the early hours of this morning. Been a horrible day, pretty much got all the textbook symptoms and my taste and smell went earlier today. It’s grim, I’m double jabbed and grateful for it if this is the easier than it could have been.

kaimendhibs
25-12-2021, 05:18 PM
My PCR test came in positive today. Took it Thursday. Woke up ill on Thursday morning and been floored since. 3 jags too

Smiggy 7-0
25-12-2021, 05:46 PM
Last paragraph, that’s the ticket 👍🏻

I take my, 87 year old, disabled father-in-law shopping every Friday. He’s no shrinking violet, only three years ago my wife and I were horrified when he announced he had been at the doctor to discuss erectile disfunction 😖. He is slowing down fast now but retains a great sense of humour and determination to keep as much of his independence as possible.
He has a number of medical issues, including from an industrial accident 50 years ago when his lungs were badly burned and permanently damaged through inhalation of fumes from a sulphuric acid tank. (They didn’t do compensation back then). It’s hard to argue he is not exempt from mask wearing. He absolutely cannot restrict his breathing with a mask but we rely heavily on the decency of others to wear masks as it reduces the chance of spreading the virus.

The old man’s only day out a week is something he looks forward to immensely and I am so grateful the the majority of people we come across whilst shopping wear masks so that he can continue enjoying this small pleasure. The staff at the at Asda store that we normally go to know him from years back and never fail to acknowledge him and he them.

So thank you and merry Christmas to that huge majority of people who take care of themselves and others when they are out and about. As for those that don’t well I am sure they have issues and reasons of their own and it’s Christmas so merry Christmas to them too.

Let’s have just one day when we are nice to each other, even on Hibs net.
Well said, good on you for looking after your father in law like that.
Merry Christmas

makaveli1875
25-12-2021, 06:05 PM
My wee cousin got the dreaded positive result , dunno if she got it at the game or work. she's 21, triple jabbed as she works for the NHS and shes feeling awful.

Hibiza
25-12-2021, 06:08 PM
Tested positive for above the alcohol driving limit every day since if that counts . Not that I'm driving.

Hibiza
25-12-2021, 06:13 PM
If you have a decent scoop over a weekend most folks won't pass a breath test till Tuesday evening - kid you not .

Ringothedog
25-12-2021, 06:39 PM
PCR came back negative

Since452
25-12-2021, 07:23 PM
My PCR test came in positive in the early hours of this morning. Been a horrible day, pretty much got all the textbook symptoms and my taste and smell went earlier today. It’s grim, I’m double jabbed and grateful for it if this is the easier than it could have been.

Yeah I'm thankful too. Feels like a really, really bad cold but guess it could have been a hell of a lot worse.

Martymck
25-12-2021, 08:53 PM
It’s very difficult to respect someone who has shows utter contempt for others.
Well said

brianmc
25-12-2021, 09:21 PM
If you have a decent scoop over a weekend most folks won't pass a breath test till Tuesday evening - kid you not .

^^Whilst this is a slightly off topic post it's also one many people should pay attention to 👍

SteveHFC
25-12-2021, 09:25 PM
Know a few people who were at the final tested positive in the last 24 hours or so.

Jamesie
25-12-2021, 09:34 PM
Sorry to hear about those testing positive, particularly if it spoilt Christmas. Just relieved that I was fortunate enough to make it through to today OK and my extreme caution for the Cup Final and Aberdeen match was worthwhile.

Hulk1875
25-12-2021, 09:40 PM
Still waiting on results of PCR from Thursday 2:30pm, all LFTs coming back positive so reckon that will be too, as a family we’ve made the most of it and probably had a better time chilled in house playing with kids new toys and no stress, hope everyone that unfortunately tests positive feels ok Thursday It felt like man flu

Hibee87
25-12-2021, 09:55 PM
Still waiting on results of PCR from Thursday 2:30pm, all LFTs coming back positive so reckon that will be too, as a family we’ve made the most of it and probably had a better time chilled in house playing with kids new toys and no stress, hope everyone that unfortunately tests positive feels ok Thursday It felt like man flu

The Mrs tested positive yesterday and waiting PCar, but she has the symptoms

I don't have a cough but my throat is getting pretty sore, but so far tested negative. Both at the final albeit on different busses and pre match entertainment venues

dp00
25-12-2021, 11:10 PM

Know a few folk who have tested positive and have actually said they have enjoyed no one visiting or not having to go anywhere [emoji23]

Hopefully you continue to feel ok

Hulk1875
25-12-2021, 11:50 PM
Know a few folk who have tested positive and have actually said they have enjoyed no one visiting or not having to go anywhere [emoji23]

Hopefully you continue to feel ok

Appreciate the get well wishes from fellow supporters to be well and not feel effects of covid too much about only time people get on, then again a thread about people testing positive has turned into who Should have masks/lanyards 🙈 madness. I didn’t think I’d catch it i wear my mask in shops public transport etc. Moving around stadium I did but when hibs scored jumping about like a mad man Coukd have caught it then or someone could have shouted/sang and landed on my hat which I’ve then touched with my hands god knows

FilipinoHibs
26-12-2021, 05:34 AM
Hospitalisations are picking up. In a week they have gone from 800 to 1200 a day in the UK. Mainly been driven by way Omricon is spreading so rapidly in London. But obviously it will sweep the country if no real restrictions are put in place. So much for the myth that it is mild and we don't have to do anything being peddled by the media and the Tories. Yes there is less chance of going to hospital but that is outweighed by huge number of daily infections.

Hope all who have it on Hibs net are feeling ok and nothing serious comes of it.

The dalmeny
26-12-2021, 09:01 AM
Hospitalisations are picking up. In a week they have gone from 800 to 1200 a day in the UK. Mainly been driven by way Omricon is spreading so rapidly in London. But obviously it will sweep the country if no real restrictions are put in place. So much for the myth that it is mild and we don't have to do anything being peddled by the media and the Tories. Yes there is less chance of going to hospital but that is outweighed by huge number of daily infections.

Hope all who have it on Hibs net are feeling ok and nothing serious comes of it.

Holy ground stuff, the only thing being peddled here is your agenda

FilipinoHibs
27-12-2021, 01:05 AM
Holy ground stuff, the only thing being peddled here is your agenda

No mate the facts and a genuine worry about the consequences of underplaying this variant.

at last 61
27-12-2021, 05:52 AM
Had to miss the final, the 1st one since the early 70s just couldn't take the risk as I was was in a coma with covid last year and now suffering from long covid, I wouldn't want anyone to go through this so please stay safe and protect yourself as much as possible, no one is immune to this

Golden Bear
27-12-2021, 06:17 AM
Had to miss the final, the 1st one since the early 70s just couldn't take the risk as I was was in a coma with covid last year and now suffering from long covid, I wouldn't want anyone to go through this so please stay safe and protect yourself as much as possible, no one is immune to this

Wise words.

I hope you make a full recovery in time. Keep the heid up as they say.

ronaldo7
27-12-2021, 07:38 AM
4 of our group of 6 who went to the final have tested positive. I'm one of the fortunate ones who are still negative, and the others have mild symptoms apart from the one who it's been passed onto who is immunosuppressed. Let's hope they all make a full recovery.

Wheat Hound
27-12-2021, 08:31 AM
I was at the final having gone through on a coach and went to a supporters club beforehand. Lat flows conducted by all before and masks worn on the bus. None of our group has reported positive tests afterwards.

Best wishes to those less fortunate, but even anecdotally the ratio of positive tests from the final Vs the attendance is minescule. Not a super spreader event by any means it would appear.

NC1875
27-12-2021, 10:11 AM
Tested positive this morning. PCR booked for this afternoon. I’ve got very mild symptons so hopefully stays that way.

Killiehibbie
27-12-2021, 03:14 PM
4 of us met. I was on 2 buses, they used 2 trains, all of us 2 taxis and 3 pubs. None of us have tested positive

Hibbyradge
27-12-2021, 04:10 PM
I was at the final having gone through on a coach and went to a supporters club beforehand. Lat flows conducted by all before and masks worn on the bus. None of our group has reported positive tests afterwards.

Best wishes to those less fortunate, but even anecdotally the ratio of positive tests from the final Vs the attendance is minescule. Not a super spreader event by any means it would appear.

I don't know what the definition of a superspreader actually is, but from the number of people reporting positive tests, I think the final either was a superspreader or is as close as dammit.

Wheat Hound
27-12-2021, 04:27 PM
I don't know what the definition of a superspreader actually is, but from the number of people reporting positive tests, I think the final either was a superspreader or is as close as dammit.

Hard to quantify all in without formal stats/links from Scot Govt/track and trace and maybe too early to say still.

However, on here and twitter/bounce, it feels like a relatively small ratio of 50,000 who appear to have tested positive (from what I've seen anyway).

greenlex
27-12-2021, 04:36 PM
Hard to quantify all in without formal stats/links from Scot Govt/track and trace and maybe too early to say still.

However, on here and twitter/bounce, it feels like a relatively small ratio of 50,000 who appear to have tested positive (from what I've seen anyway).
I’d say from here it’s more than a relatively small number testing positive. Might be relatively small from numbers at the final but they all don’t post in either here or the bounce. Having said that we are over a week since the final and there is no evidence nor would there be positive cases are exclusively from that event.

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2021, 08:01 PM

Well done. :top marks:faf:

FilipinoHibs
27-12-2021, 08:08 PM

Yes lots of people in the Hibs fans pages on Facebook who were at the final coming out as testing positive. Provisional holiday data for Scotland looks horrendous too:
https://www.gov.scot/news/covid-19-cases/

Alfred E Newman
27-12-2021, 08:42 PM
Yes lots of people in the Hibs fans pages on Facebook who were at the final coming out as testing positive. Provisional holiday data for Scotland looks horrendous too:
https://www.gov.scot/news/covid-19-cases/

Ok you’ve convinced me, we are all doomed.

hibbysam
27-12-2021, 10:16 PM

That’s people in hospital with Covid, not necessarily due to covid. Would be interesting to see a breakdown of why people who now have covid were admitted to hospital in the first place.

In relation to positive tests from the final, I certainly know far more who have covid who weren’t at the football than those who were. None of my group have it.

Mon Dieu4
28-12-2021, 07:28 AM
Tested positive this morning. PCR booked for this afternoon. I’ve got very mild symptons so hopefully stays that way.

Same thing just happened to me too, had my booster yesterday as well so thought it was that making me feel a bit dodgy, possibly is but PCR test booked for 12

dp00
28-12-2021, 08:45 AM
Think the problem the government is that people are believing that this variant is less serious which to an extent it is however it’s far more transmissible and clearly more people are catching it than any of the others

The example I was given is -

if there are 5000 cases of delta variant and it puts say 2% in hospital that’s 250 people

However if this omicron variant only puts 1% in hospital but we have 10000 cases that’s still 250 people

Obviously I’ve just made numbers for the example but on top of all these people in hospital you also have those 10,000 people isolating , even if each contact only had 2 close household contacts that’s 30,000 isolating for 10 days which can have a major impact on vital businesses

Even a small % of people testing positive from the final would have had a massive impact on figures, but similarly the same could be said about the game during the week which was able to go ahead but the game yesterday wasn’t.

The government needs I think to be more clear on reasons for decisions and need to try and ensure they make more sense cause at the moment they don’t. There is plenty however the cancellation of football outside but still allowing people to gather inside to watch it in pubs is one of them ones thst doesn’t make sense.

Brightside
28-12-2021, 09:06 AM
I’ve got it right now. Mild cold symptoms. Didn’t get it at the Cup Final. I don’t think there is any point calling anything a super spreader. Like it or not Omicron is going to fire through the nations very quickly. Just make sure you are fully jagged and the very vast majority will be fine. At some point we are just going to have to accept its spread. We don’t isolate everyone who gets the flu so it’s time to start getting on with life. If you would avoid situations due to the flu bug then by all means carry on doing that.

Just Alf
28-12-2021, 09:28 AM
I’ve got it right now. Mild cold symptoms. Didn’t get it at the Cup Final. I don’t think there is any point calling anything a super spreader. Like it or not Omicron is going to fire through the nations very quickly. Just make sure you are fully jagged and the very vast majority will be fine. At some point we are just going to have to accept its spread. We don’t isolate everyone who gets the flu so it’s time to start getting on with life. If you would avoid situations due to the flu bug then by all means carry on doing that.As the booster roll out is doing really well I think that's exactly where we'll be around Easter (new varient appearing excepted of course)

Hibee Mac
28-12-2021, 09:44 AM
As the booster roll out is doing really well I think that's exactly where we'll be around Easter (new varient appearing excepted of course)Trouble is a new variant is inevitable, and a booster is only a temporary measure.

I'm starting to think quite strongly that they need to stop boosting us and get the rest of the planet double jabbed.

RIP
28-12-2021, 09:44 AM
I’ve got it right now. Mild cold symptoms. Didn’t get it at the Cup Final. I don’t think there is any point calling anything a super spreader. Like it or not Omicron is going to fire through the nations very quickly. Just make sure you are fully jagged and the very vast majority will be fine. At some point we are just going to have to accept its spread. We don’t isolate everyone who gets the flu so it’s time to start getting on with life. If you would avoid situations due to the flu bug then by all means carry on doing that.

Good post. However in recent years my employer always insisted that everyone with cold or flu symptoms should stay away from work in case they infected others.

CentreLine
28-12-2021, 10:00 AM

The problem for the NHS is that this pandemic is on top of, not instead of, the expected flu intake of patients. The last published figures available, naturally, were to the end of 2020 and clearly show that admissions from covid significantly exceeded those from flu and pneumonia combined.

Currently pneumonia is more treatable than covid but hopefully that will change as we learn more about it and hopefully the virus mutates in to a less dangerous form.

greenlex
28-12-2021, 10:05 AM
Trouble is a new variant is inevitable, and a booster is only a temporary measure.

I'm starting to think quite strongly that they need to stop boosting us and get the rest of the planet double jabbed.
It really shouldn’t be one or the other. It most definitely should be both.

Brightside
28-12-2021, 10:09 AM
Good post. However in recent years my employer always insisted that everyone with cold or flu symptoms should stay away from work in case they infected others.

And that’s the tricky bit. Central infrastructure will continue to struggle if everyone continues to isolate. The advice on isolation needs sorted too. My missus has had Covid in the last month and had been told she has to isolate again now I have it. My kids have recently had it too. If they instead got it in a few weeks would we all have to isolate again. That’s not going to work longer term. I think the latest figures said something like 75% or even higher had been boosted? At what point do we say that’s enough? We also can’t use the NHS as the reason for isolation. The NHS was on its knees before this came round and it’s a lack of staff not a lack of beds that’s the problem there.

superfurryhibby
28-12-2021, 10:14 AM
That’s people in hospital with Covid, not necessarily due to covid. Would be interesting to see a breakdown of why people who now have covid were admitted to hospital in the first place.

In relation to positive tests from the final, I certainly know far more who have covid who weren’t at the football than those who were. None of my group have it.

Yes, the lack of clear information this far in is appalling. I was searching for this yesterday, looking at what percentage of people in hospital were admitted due to ill health caused by Covid. It's not readily available. I posted on The Holy GRound on here after one poster seemed to imply that it was c 70-80%. The reality is that it is around 5% of admissions, but even that figure was not that transparent (covering Wales only).

Four of us went to the final, none were positive before Christmas.

hibee-boys
28-12-2021, 10:17 AM
Negative LFT every day last week but went for a PCR Friday morning as wasn’t feeling great, positive PCR result Boxing Day. 2nd positive result this year🤷🏼

Hibee Mac
28-12-2021, 10:20 AM
It really shouldn’t be one or the other. It most definitely should be both.It's easy to say that but at the end of the day a booster jab used in any western country like us is just one fewer jabs available for other countries with very poor vaccination rates.

Boosters only work for a few weeks then it's back to your base immunity level, at what point do we stop temporarily improving our own immunity in order to get the rest of the planet double vaccinated? That's the best option for everyone.

And we definitely should not be getting 4th jabs when others haven't even had 1.

The dalmeny
28-12-2021, 10:24 AM
It's easy to say that but at the end of the day a booster jab used in any western country like us is just one fewer jabs available for other countries with very poor vaccination rates.

Boosters only work for a few weeks then it's back to your base immunity level, at what point do we stop temporarily improving our own immunity in order to get the rest of the planet double vaccinated? That's the best option for everyone.

And we definitely should not be getting 4th jabs when others haven't even had 1.

where do you get your ‘few weeks’ figure?

Brightside
28-12-2021, 10:25 AM
It's easy to say that but at the end of the day a booster jab used in any western country like us is just one fewer jabs available for other countries with very poor vaccination rates.

Boosters only work for a few weeks? They take a few weeks to work. Is that what you meant?

bigwheel
28-12-2021, 10:28 AM

you are mistaken. Boosters take a few weeks for you to reach your maximum protection level , but they then help your protection status for months afterwards ….

BlackSheep
28-12-2021, 10:37 AM
The one thing being overlooked by a lot of folks is that viruses need hosts to survive and to evolve… and in turn create new strains.

Right now we are in the midst of an evolved strain that spreads more effectively, while remaining reasonably mild but the higher the number of infections, the greater chance of further evolution of the virus.

Herd immunity isn’t as simple as it sounds, if it were then the flu or the common cold would have been eradicated long ago.

Instead every year people get the flu vaccine, to fight the most dominant and possibly most dangerous strain of the flu virus.

There’s no cure or vaccine against the common cold, but medically is relatively mild.

The aim for Covid-19 is to get to a point where we can limit the number of people who require annual vaccines, with the hope that the rest of us only suffer mild symptoms of the virus… with the additional hopes that no deadly strain evolves.

That’s a lot of ifs and buts right now, so we need to remain vigilant and try to suppress the spread and there the chance of further mutations.

Hibee Mac
28-12-2021, 11:21 AM
Boosters only work for a few weeks? They take a few weeks to work. Is that what you meant?Sorry wasn't very clear there. I'm sure I read somewhere that they are only effective for 10-12 weeks then you end up back at a similar level of immunity as you had before. Will see if I can dig out a proper reference on it...

Yes that few weeks could also be worded as 3 months, but I would still argue that it's not worth it when the same jab could be used as someone else's first or second jab who needs it more

EDIT - Here is a link which refers to waning immunity after 10 weeks, analysis done by UKHSA.
https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/24/uk-health-agency-chief-urges-people-keep-getting-covid-boosters?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#aoh=164069433905 28&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fworld %2F2021%2Fdec%2F24%2***-health-agency-chief-urges-people-keep-getting-covid-boosters

Brightside
28-12-2021, 11:26 AM
Sorry wasn't very clear there. I'm sure I read somewhere that they are only effective for 10-12 weeks then you end up back at a similar level of immunity as you had before. Will see if I can dig out a proper reference on it...

Yes that few weeks could also be worded as 3 months, but I would still argue that it's not worth it when the same jab could be used as someone else's first or second jab who needs it more

It’s worth it.

Since90+2
28-12-2021, 11:30 AM
Sorry wasn't very clear there. I'm sure I read somewhere that they are only effective for 10-12 weeks then you end up back at a similar level of immunity as you had before. Will see if I can dig out a proper reference on it...

EDIT - Here is a link which refers to waning immunity after 10 weeks, analysis done by UKHSA.
https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/24/uk-health-agency-chief-urges-people-keep-getting-covid-boosters?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#aoh=164069433905 28&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fworld %2F2021%2Fdec%2F24%2***-health-agency-chief-urges-people-keep-getting-covid-boosters

I don't think it ends up at a similar level of protection pre booster, it just wanes from a peak at around 2-3 weeks.

Hibee Mac
28-12-2021, 11:36 AM
It’s worth it.I'm not saying it's not worth it. I'm saying we don't live in a bubble where the UK is the only country in the world. What's more important, boosters for 50s and under in the UK or first and second jabs for over 50s around the world? I would argue the latter.

Anyway, I don't want to labour the point any longer and appreciate others will think differently on the subject. I'll carry on in the Holy Ground so we can get back to chatting football.

Hope everyone stays safe over Xmas, all the best

Hibee Mac
28-12-2021, 11:37 AM
I don't think it ends up at a similar level of protection pre booster, it just wanes from a peak at around 2-3 weeks.Yeh that's probably correct, I reckon I got that bit from some Chinese whispers.

oldbutdim
28-12-2021, 11:46 AM
The example I was given is -

if there are 5000 cases of delta variant and it puts say 2% in hospital that’s 250 people (Is it not 100?)

However if this omicron variant only puts 1% in hospital but we have 10000 cases that’s still 250 people (100 again?)

I struggle with numbers............

Ronniekirk
28-12-2021, 12:07 PM

Yes I read that recently but couldn’t find the link so thanks for posting

eezyrider
28-12-2021, 12:53 PM

Thanks for clarifying that. It's effectiveness does begin to wane however it doesn't drop off a cliff to zero which is what you're original post implied.

EZ

JohnMcM
28-12-2021, 01:04 PM
I struggle with numbers............

Me too. I have to use more than just my fingers if it’s anything over 13. :greengrin

CentreLine
28-12-2021, 01:12 PM
Yes, the lack of clear information this far in is appalling. I was searching for this yesterday, looking at what percentage of people in hospital were admitted due to ill health caused by Covid. It's not readily available. I posted on The Holy GRound on here after one poster seemed to imply that it was c 70-80%. The reality is that it is around 5% of admissions, but even that figure was not that transparent (covering Wales only).

Four of us went to the final, none were positive before Christmas.

Office of National Statistics publishes annually so the figures only go from beginning 2020 up to January 2021.

Specifically on deaths they give us:

Deaths due to Flu AND OR pneumonia, where these conditions were an underlying or secondary cause - 127,575

Deaths due to coronavirus, where it was a secondary or underlying cause - 102,554

Deaths due to flu AND OR pneumonia, where they were the underlying cause- 22,614

Deaths due to covid, where it was the underlying cause - 92,913

It would be safe to assume that almost all of these poor souls were in hospital or residential health care