PDA

View Full Version : BBC Sport Scotland

hibsbollah
20-12-2021, 06:10 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59705941

I’m not sure how they can get away with this.
No mention of the penalty incident. Not even in passing. Inexplicable. No mention of the offsides. No mention of the ‘quick restarts’, or even the protests of the Hibs players. It’s a long report, it’s not like there wasn’t room.

It’s weird but also what we’ve come to expect.

norhfc
20-12-2021, 06:55 AM
Its all about the OF, us diddy teams are only there to make up the numbers. Only way to beat them is on the park, which is made even more difficult with the refs they put in place.

houstonhibbee
20-12-2021, 07:12 AM

No mention of the penalty incident. Not even in passing. Inexplicable. No mention of the offsides. No mention of the ‘quick restarts’, or even the protests of the Hibs players. It’s a long report, it’s not like there wasn’t room.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59721648

this bbc report covers the game from a hibs perspective

Greenbeard
20-12-2021, 07:35 AM

This one seems fairer

James70
20-12-2021, 08:07 AM
If the situation had been reversed and Celtic had a similar claim for a penalty turned down we would never had heard the end of it. BBC Scotland should just be renamed BBC Glasgow.

OstKurve Hibs
20-12-2021, 08:17 AM
Its all a5bout the OF, us diddy teams are only there to make up the numbers. Only way to beat them is on the park, which is made even more difficult with the refs they put in place.

That's why supporters have to start making a bigger deal of this No point bitchin on message boards, how often do we let them shaft us before we do something.
When I say do something i mean banners calling them out, chants for the full 90 mins of games calling them out !
They get away wi effing murder

Why are the club/clubs so scared to speak up about this ?

Incase you get fine ? So what,

St.Kristopher
20-12-2021, 08:32 AM
This one seems fairer

"The squad is in decent shape."

It's not, and everyone who has taken an interest in us this season will know we are weak in almost every area. There is virtually no competition at all. This type of comment, along with Jack Ross, had us playing attacking football frustrates me...cut to Kenny Miller to give his take on what formation we will play (with no clue).

Even though he is a Jambo been much more impressed with EEN's Craig Fowler of late with some decent insights.

BBC Scotland has no clue.

One Day Soon
20-12-2021, 12:26 PM

They get away with it because no-one calls it out, just like the rest of the crap they get away with is never called out. Most non-OF clubs, commentators and authorities just comply with it all; the biased refereeing, the football administrators acting as gatekeepers for the interests of the OF, the institutional compliance of the media which doesn't report on the individual incidents of bias nor the overwhelming long term statistical evidence of it, the failure to confront the violence and sectarianism (plenty of that from Celtic supporters yesterday), the creaming themselves over OF players being selected for the national team, etc.

The OF own the media and commentators because most of them don't want to bite the hand that feeds. The referees mostly come from the same west coast pool and in any event are either woefully substandard or simply in thrall to the OF. The rules of the game and the activities of the administrators are framed by the wishes of the OF.

It's not quite the sham scripted **** of WWF, but it shares a lot of the same DNA.

Reminds me of my son's swimming club. It's a top end club and he's a very good swimmer. He's not going to swim for Scotland because a) he's not bothered enough and b) he's not in that elite group. Some of the kids at that club are in that elite group and will swim for their country. In order for the club to be able to provide the elite with the coaches, time and facilities they need to get to the top, they also need all the other kids to carry on participating and for their parents to stump up the time and money to do so. Occasionally we're forced to remind the people running the club that the majority aren't simply there to make up numbers and be a cash cow for them. That's exactly what the rest of the Scottish footballing interests need to realise in respect of the Old Firm and the way our game is run.

Our game is essentially a protection racket structured to serve the interests of two clubs that spent over a century getting bigger, fatter and uglier than everyone else on the back of a sectarian divide that has given them a catchment area covering the whole of Scotland, while every other club competes on the basis of fans largely from their local area. **** that.

Pedantic_Hibee
20-12-2021, 12:30 PM
They get away with it because no-one calls it out, just like the rest of the crap they get away with is never called out. Most non-OF clubs, commentators and authorities just comply with it all; the biased refereeing, the football administrators acting as gatekeepers for the interests of the OF, the institutional compliance of the media which doesn't report on the individual incidents of bias nor the overwhelming long term statistical evidence of it, the failure to confront the violence and sectarianism (plenty of that from Celtic supporters yesterday), the creaming themselves over OF players being selected for the national team, etc.

The OF own the media and commentators because most of them don't want to bite the hand that feeds. The referees mostly come from the same west coast pool and in any event are either woefully substandard or simply in thrall to the OF. The rules of the game and the activities of the administrators are framed by the wishes of the OF.

It's not quite the sham scripted **** of WWF, but it shares a lot of the same DNA.

Reminds me of my son's swimming club. It's a top end club and he's a very good swimmer. He's not going to swim for Scotland because a) he's not bothered enough and b) he's not in that elite group. Some of the kids at that club are in that elite group and will swim for their country. In order for the club to be able to provide the elite with the coaches, time and facilities they need to get to the top, they also need all the other kids to carry on participating and for their parents to stump up the time and money to do so. Occasionally we're forced to remind the people running the club that the majority aren't simply there to make up numbers and be a cash cow for them. That's exactly what the rest of the Scottish footballing interests need to realise in respect of the Old Firm and the way our game is run.

Our game is essentially a protection racket structured to serve the interests of two clubs that spent over a century getting bigger, fatter and uglier than everyone else on the back of a sectarian divide that has given them a catchment area covering the whole of Scotland, while every other club competes on the basis of fans largely from their local area. **** that.

That’s an outstanding post.

itslegaltender
20-12-2021, 12:34 PM

add to that the fact that referees in Scotland will always take a second thought as to whether they will make a decision that harms either of the Ugly Sisters. This borne out of the knowledge that they will be pilloried in the national press, have their personal lives investigated for any miniscule nod to them being on either side of the sectarian divide and themselves and their families subjected to both verbal and sometimes physical harassments out of some perceived sectarian leaning decision.

hibsbollah
20-12-2021, 04:28 PM

Yes, agree with every word. You sound like my grandad, who was saying the same things to me 40 years ago, almost warning me not to get emotionally involved in the gemme:faf:

I have very little hope anything will be different in another 40 years.

Bobby's Cinema
20-12-2021, 04:51 PM
Not exactly much fanfare surrounding the new manager on bbc sport today. One daft article with quotes from yogi on a previous programme and photo of maloney training with Belgium. You'd be forgiven if you'd missed it.

Nicho87
20-12-2021, 05:42 PM
Why focus on a new manager when celtic won a cup yesterday

It’s actually disrespectful from hibs to even look for media attention not even 24 hours after hero ange with a minimal budget wins a trophy

greenlex
20-12-2021, 05:59 PM
Not exactly much fanfare surrounding the new manager on bbc sport today. One daft article with quotes from yogi on a previous programme and photo of maloney training with Belgium. You'd be forgiven if you'd missed it.
First sport article tonight on bbc Scotland.:wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
21-12-2021, 05:19 AM
Much gnashing of teeth over this and rightly so.

Cut to the chase tho - surely this is down to persistent editorial control.

So my question for you is: Who are the editors / directors and what is their background.

these answers may prove more revealing.

JimBHibees
21-12-2021, 05:47 AM

Fantastically accurate summary.

JimBHibees
21-12-2021, 05:48 AM
Much gnashing of teeth over this and rightly so.

Cut to the chase tho - surely this is down to persistent editorial control.

So my question for you is: Who are the editors / directors and what is their background.

these answers may prove more revealing.

Fair chance at least one of them will be exRangers news.

allmodcons
21-12-2021, 06:49 PM

Tremendous post ODS. Deserves to be seen by a wider footballing audience than Hibs.net

Viva_Palmeiras
21-12-2021, 08:22 PM
Fair chance at least one of them will be exRangers news.

well if Twitter to be believed:

Source links to www.anewstip.com
Assistant editor BBC Radio Scotland - Sportsound : Claire Kelly

Aparently links with Celtc