PDA

View Full Version : Paul McGinn

Borderhibbie76
19-12-2021, 08:09 PM
Gone up massively in my estimations for calling out Beaton as inept - well said Paul. Could tell he was choking back the tears in his Premier Sports Interview too...I hope the club back him to the hilt when the inevitable ban comes for speaking up. Something that always annoyed me under Ross..he never called out refs when we were on wrong end of dreadful decisions

MWHIBBIES
19-12-2021, 08:13 PM
Why would Ross call out refs when it results in a ban?

It serves no benefit to call out refs.

Bostonhibby
19-12-2021, 08:13 PM
Just listened to that.

100% support from me on this one, he will likely face disciplinary action for calling it out.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

hibee_girl
19-12-2021, 08:14 PM
Well done to McGinn for saying it for us. You could see how much it meant to him and I hope the club back him on this.

Borderhibbie76
19-12-2021, 08:14 PM

And what good does keeping silent too...it just let's them away with blatant mistakes like today's...im all for us speaking up and calling them out...who cares if its a ban it needs saying

S4uzee
19-12-2021, 08:15 PM
Gone up massively in my estimations for calling out Beaton as inept - well said Paul. Could tell he was choking back the tears in his Premier Sports Interview too...I hope the club back him to the hilt when the inevitable ban comes for speaking up. Something that always annoyed me under Ross..he never called out refs when we were on wrong end of dreadful decisions

Likewise. He never really backed his own players to the hilt which I found strange especially Porteous at ibrox.

Neilson is very vocal about it and it’s about time others started to follow like McGinn

Borderhibbie76
19-12-2021, 08:17 PM
Likewise. He never really backed his own players to the hilt which I found strange especially Porteous at ibrox.

Neilson is very vocal about it and it’s about time others started to follow like McGinn

Yup the Porto at Ibrox really angered me, especially as we've been on the end of some terrible ref decisions in games against Sevco under Ross but not once did he ever call it out after the match

1875Sean
19-12-2021, 08:18 PM
Great for someone to call Beaton out, no doubt a fine or ban coming his way

Sir David Gray
19-12-2021, 08:21 PM
Great for someone to call Beaton out, no doubt a fine or ban coming his way

Definitely a ban, not sure if there might be a fine as well.

MWHIBBIES
19-12-2021, 08:22 PM
And what good does keeping silent too...it just let's them away with blatant mistakes like today's...im all for us speaking up and calling them out...who cares if its a ban it needs saying

Missing our only right full back is not a good thing.

I'm_cabbaged
19-12-2021, 08:22 PM
Anyone got a link?

Swedish hibee
19-12-2021, 08:23 PM
Very raw, very painful. He spoke for us.

BegbieHSC
19-12-2021, 08:24 PM

Tbf, I can’t remember Gerrard, Ange, Rodgers, Pedro or Lennon (as Celtic gaffer) get a shedload of bans, and they would call conspiracy every single time they didn’t win a game. All that would happen, is they’d get more ludicrous decisions in their favour the next game they played.

I didn’t think JR should have got the chop, but it did annoy me, certainly for our fixtures against the Huns recently, which have on the whole been officiated horrendously, he remained fairly quiet or on the fence.

I’m pleased McGinn has got stuck in! Our football governing bodies exist only to serve, and uphold the domination of the Glasgow two, and will no doubt be pissed about it, and give him a ban, but he’s done the right thing.

Sir David Gray
19-12-2021, 08:24 PM
Anyone got a link?

https://twitter.com/BBCSportScot/status/1472657161901817865?t=udX96_UrXwhtKilWo0ZKSg&s=19

staunchhibby
19-12-2021, 08:25 PM
Anybody got the link for Paul's interview

mcohibs
19-12-2021, 08:25 PM
Yup the Porto at Ibrox really angered me, especially as we've been on the end of some terrible ref decisions in games against Sevco under Ross but not once did he ever call it out after the match

Porto's challenge at Ibrox was daft and warranted a red card. Nothing for Ross to call out

Sir David Gray
19-12-2021, 08:26 PM
Anybody got the link for Paul's interview

https://twitter.com/BBCSportScot/status/1472657161901817865?t=udX96_UrXwhtKilWo0ZKSg&s=19

JammyDoidger
19-12-2021, 08:27 PM
Go on paul, about time. Just wish our managers and other managers would have show the backbone and fight to call them out. Proper honest and genuine interview from a proper good guy and pro, who's clearly gutted and feeling as hacked off as us all at the standard of officials.

Willis1875
19-12-2021, 08:28 PM
Porto's challenge at Ibrox was daft and warranted a red card. Nothing for Ross to call out

There is when Lundstrums tackle in the very same game goes unpunished

SlickShoes
19-12-2021, 08:29 PM
9.99999999 times out of ten, if the 4th official has the board in his hands, the ref will be stopping the game and will blow his whistle when someone tries to take a quick free kick. Amazing that the one time this doesn't happen is a Celtic goal, the 2 centre-halves should not have switched off as badly as they did, but here we are, its a combined shambles. Couple it with not getting a stone wall penalty right at the death, did it really surprise anyone?

tmb1875
19-12-2021, 08:29 PM
Great guy but like 90% of our squad simply not good enough for consistent 3rd and the odd cup win every 5/10 years .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OstKurve Hibs
19-12-2021, 08:30 PM
The club wont back him, let's all get that in our thick heads, its up to us ****ing to back him !

SlickShoes
19-12-2021, 08:31 PM
Great guy but like 90% of our squad simply not good enough for consistent 3rd and the odd cup win every 5/10 years .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is good enough in his position

tamig
19-12-2021, 09:13 PM
He is good enough in his position

He really hasn’t been this season. Paul McGinn was excellent for us in the majority of his games last season. I can barely think of a game this season when he’s merited pass marks.

Keyser Sauzee
19-12-2021, 09:20 PM
Where can I find his premier sports interview?

JimBHibees
19-12-2021, 09:23 PM
He really hasn’t been this season. Paul McGinn was excellent for us in the majority of his games last season. I can barely think of a game this season when he’s merited pass marks.

Been many games he has been fine.

madhatter
19-12-2021, 09:23 PM
I don't rate him at RB. Much prefer him in a back 3. Think he looks awkward and a bit clumsy as a RB.

Credit where its due. He looked really upset in his post match interview which says a lot as I assume he grew up a Celtic fan. Shows what it means to him so big respect there.

Sir David Gray
19-12-2021, 09:24 PM
Where can I find his premier sports interview?

Posted twice earlier on this thread.

Keyser Sauzee
19-12-2021, 09:25 PM
Posted twice earlier on this thread.

Cheers

southern hibby
19-12-2021, 09:27 PM
Certain things need called out by Hibs from Board room level down.

Couple of things of the top of my head but why do we not call out the cup final at hampden having a Celtic and Rangers end? In this day and age it’s absolutely shocking that they get these ends every time they get to a final it’s supposed to be a neutral ground

Hibs today was the home team ( supposedly ) yet we were in white and not green. If this was our choice then I’ll shut up but if this was picked for us and Celtic are allowed to play in green, then why???

Really trivial things that are not brought to the table and discussed by Hibs ( or any other team for that matter ) and discussed openly will allow Favouritism to flourish by the SPFL and SFA.

I really do believe if our board won’t stick up for the team and air their views then this will constantly happen. Are we to soft that we can’t or won’t act accordingly??

GGTTH

hhibs
19-12-2021, 09:38 PM
Hopefully the Hibs board will back Paul with legal counsel for the inevitable " hearing "

I for one am sick of this so called "ineptitude" of referees,it needs called out .

Steven79
19-12-2021, 09:44 PM

Couple of things of the top of my head but why do we not call out the cup final at hampden having a Celtic and Rangers end? In this day and age it’s absolutely shocking that they get these ends every time they get to a final it’s supposed to be a neutral ground

Hibs today was the home team ( supposedly ) yet we were in white and not green. If this was our choice then I’ll shut up but if this was picked for us and Celtic are allowed to play in green, then why???

Really trivial things that are not brought to the table and discussed by Hibs ( or any other team for that matter ) and discussed openly will allow Favouritism to flourish by the SPFL and SFA.

I really do believe if our board won’t stick up for the team and air their views then this will constantly happen. Are we to soft that we can’t or won’t act accordingly??

GGTTHI can't believe Ron will accept it.

He needs to come out and back the club and players/fans.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

loanheadhibby
19-12-2021, 09:52 PM
Missing our only right full back is not a good thing.
Maybe so but the lad is showing passion after a cup final defeat.
I appreciate you don't have to jump up and down to be a good manager but it
wasn't a great look watching Jack Ross on the touchline when we were clearly struggling.
I think most fans would like to see David Gray coming out tomorrow and telling the press what he thought of the referee.

zitelli62
19-12-2021, 09:55 PM
Hibs technically home team so should get the choice of what end there supporters should be not happening,
Hibs then get the away changing room as celtic always have the same one absolute joke
Hibs should have worn there home strip as they were the home team but couldn't as it would upset them farcical.
In what way is scottish football a level playing field it could only happen here to appease 2 teams now is the time to stand up to them and call them out for what they are but it won't happen but the rest of scottish football should get together and demand equal rights against the two uglies and maybe a neutral referee at a major final.

Sir David Gray
19-12-2021, 10:00 PM
Hibs technically home team so should get the choice of what end there supporters should be not happening,
Hibs then get the away changing room as celtic always have the same one absolute joke
Hibs should have worn there home strip as they were the home team but couldn't as it would upset them farcical.
In what way is scottish football a level playing field it could only happen here to appease 2 teams now is the time to stand up to them and call them out for what they are but it won't happen but the rest of scottish football should get together and demand equal rights against the two uglies and maybe a neutral referee at a major final.

I wasn't aware of the changing room issue but two teams having their own ends in a "neutral" national stadium, regardless of who they are playing, has always annoyed me and sums up why non-Rangers and Celtic fans feel there is an agenda.

Helensburghhibs
19-12-2021, 10:05 PM
Maybe keiran could raise these as issues through the club and get some official answers

B.H.F.C
19-12-2021, 10:08 PM
Part of a defence that didn’t defend two long balls.

No praise from me. Don’t get why they were so annoyed about the second, not as if Allan was at the side of the park.

Deflection.

LunasBoots
19-12-2021, 10:10 PM
Good on Paul, to be fair I've seen a few Hibs players be more vocal towards officials and questioning descions this season aswell as the coaching staff asking the 4th officials questions over the course of the season, something that's lacked over the years.

Key West
Well done Paul McGinn for speaking out more players need to do this, some folk are saying it will go against us well it does anyway. The powers that be need to be embarrassed.

dastardly8

No praise from me. Don’t get why they were so annoyed about the second, not as if Allan was at the side of the park.

Deflection.
Pathetic answer mate

Callum_62
19-12-2021, 10:11 PM
I wasn't aware of the changing room issue but two teams having their own ends in a "neutral" national stadium, regardless of who they are playing, has always annoyed me and sums up why non-Rangers and Celtic fans feel there is an agenda.I'm almost certain that will be a police decision

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
19-12-2021, 10:15 PM
I'm almost certain that will be a police decision

I would find it very odd if it was a police decision to have thousands of Hibs fans, the majority of whom will have come from the east of the country, going through the opposition fans in order to get to the west side of the stadium.

Callum_62
19-12-2021, 10:22 PM
I would find it very odd if it was a police decision to have thousands of Hibs fans, the majority of whom will have come from the east of the country, going through the opposition fans in order to get to the west side of the stadium.Against thousands celtic fans being placed in rangers pubs.....or coming and mixing in the east with us

I've always assumed that's why anyway

LeithMike
19-12-2021, 10:27 PM
I thought Paul McGinn was decent today and has been very good for Hibs. You can see what it means to him - a real honest pro.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
19-12-2021, 10:31 PM
Pathetic answer mate

Care to elaborate? Mate.

Speedy
19-12-2021, 11:05 PM
Terrible refereeing decision not to give a penalty against McGinn in the first half. Sounds life a poor decision from Murphy to stand back and assume the sub was happening.

No doubt decisions go against us as well but you can only control what you control.

B.H.F.C
19-12-2021, 11:12 PM
Terrible refereeing decision not to give a penalty against McGinn in the first half. Sounds life a poor decision from Murphy to stand back and assume the sub was happening.

No doubt decisions go against us as well but you can only control what you control.

Murphy not having the brains, or not being bothered enough, to just stand in front of the ball was crazy. So bloody basic and sums him up.

Steven79
19-12-2021, 11:14 PM
Murphy not having the brains, or not being bothered enough, to just stand in front of the ball was crazy. So bloody basic and sums him up.Utter waste of a wage.

Wrong call to start him today.

May as well cut his left foot off as he never uses it and he slows down our attacks.

In the first half when he had a chance to go in the box but ended up passing back again summed him up.

MWHIBBIES
19-12-2021, 11:20 PM
Think hes just been ruined by injury. A very good player 5 years ago - Murphy that is

One Day
20-12-2021, 07:47 AM
I seem to recall an incident when Craig Levein was manger of Dundee Utd and called out a referee and officials in a game against the old firm. Not sure how reliable my memory is though.

He stated something like "We were never going to be allowed to win the game no matter how well we played, the decisions made against my team and for the opposition were ridiculous".

I'm sure he was given something like a 2 match ban and £500 fine, he refused to accept it. Was given two weeks to agree/pay or it would be doubled, he refused and said he would take it to court, or tribunal?. After two weeks the SFA/Scottish League reviewed and withdrew the fine and gave him a two match ban suspended for 6 months.

Any one else remember this?

Tambo
20-12-2021, 08:22 AM
Well done Paul for calling beaton a cheat but not in those words.

Nakedmanoncrack
20-12-2021, 08:30 AM

Deflection.

We can grumble about refereeing decisions but not much more, we can however be professional & give ourselves best possible chance. Making "assumptions" and walking away from the ball as Murphy did are inexcusable. Having watched the key incidents on screen now, Celtic had as good a penalty claim earlier tbh. Suspect once people who were at the game calm down & get over the initial pain, they will see the loss a bit differently.

Steven79
20-12-2021, 08:30 AM
I seem to recall an incident when Craig Levein was manger of Dundee Utd and called out a referee and officials in a game against the old firm. Not sure how reliable my memory is though.

He stated something like "We were never going to be allowed to win the game no matter how well we played, the decisions made against my team and for the opposition were ridiculous".

I'm sure he was given something like a 2 match ban and £500 fine, he refused to accept it. Was given two weeks to agree/pay or it would be doubled, he refused and said he would take it to court, or tribunal?. After two weeks the SFA/Scottish League reviewed and withdrew the fine and gave him a two match ban suspended for 6 months.

Any one else remember this?Didn't they only change it as they wanted him as the Scotland manager?

The game in question was at Ibrox and United were robbed in that game.

IncredibleHibee
20-12-2021, 08:34 AM
My take, for what little it’s worth, is I support Paul for voicing his opinion. He is a McGinn and that whole family strike me as good, honest people.

I agree all the little things that the Old Firm get that all other clubs don’t, such as particular side of Hampden needs to be stamped out as these things while seem and maybe are inconsequential a neutral organisation such as spfl cannot in any respect be seen to be playing favourites.

As for Beaton, as soon as he was announced, I had a sinking feeling. I don’t think he I biased, I just think he is not up to scratch as a top level referee. I appreciate it’s a hard job though. I wouldn’t want to do it

Ultimately, we need to be playing to the whistle though and both goals were a failing in our defence, at least in part

Hermit Crab
20-12-2021, 08:40 AM
Ben seems to have a pair of balls, coming from Norwich and EPL he doesn't seem scared of these clowns, perhaps he'll back McGinn and try to take the SFA to task over the referee decisions not just yesterday, but in Scottish football as a whole. Expect zero backing from the OF clubs though...

Bostonhibby
20-12-2021, 08:41 AM
Rather surprisingly, our family Hearts fan says McGinn has got it right.

He will eventually get round to buying that drink next.......

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

greenginger
20-12-2021, 09:54 AM
Ben seems to have a pair of balls, coming from Norwich and EPL he doesn't seem scared of these clowns, perhaps he'll back McGinn and try to take the SFA to task over the referee decisions not just yesterday, but in Scottish football as a whole. Expect zero backing from the OF clubs though...

I would hope with 4 premier league clubs American controlled, 3 fan controlled , and 2 , Ross County and St Johnston , with independently minded owners there could be a majority for an enquiry into the existence of a level playing field in Scottish football.

brog
20-12-2021, 11:48 AM

GGTTH

Agree 100% GG and I'm confident Ron will be at the forefront on this. He's already talked about the ludicrous difference in treatment for football fans versus rugby fans and mentioned that would have brought a class action in the USA. Could be interesting times ahead.

One Day
20-12-2021, 05:31 PM
Didn't they only change it as they wanted him as the Scotland manager?

The game in question was at Ibrox and United were robbed in that game.

Thanks for confirming. My memories not as bad as I thought

judas
20-12-2021, 05:50 PM

Absolute Tall P1sh

Inept ref reacted to Rangers players and support.

Sheep like you followed them.

IFONLY
21-12-2021, 09:03 AM

That`s all that is wrong with Scottish football, not being allowed to speak the truth especially towards officials. Yeah we should just continue to accept inept performances.

Since452
21-12-2021, 09:07 AM
Murphy not having the brains, or not being bothered enough, to just stand in front of the ball was crazy. So bloody basic and sums him up.

The more i think about it the more it's annoyed me.

Heisenberg
21-12-2021, 03:17 PM
He’s been issued with a notice of complaint from the SFA for his comments.

Northernhibee
21-12-2021, 03:28 PM
He’s been issued with a notice of complaint from the SFA for his comments.

Hope the club get right behind him. **** the SFA.

MWHIBBIES
21-12-2021, 03:29 PM
That`s all that is wrong with Scottish football, not being allowed to speak the truth especially towards officials. Yeah we should just continue to accept inept performances.

Its the same in all leagues.

I fully agree the refs are dreadful. They deserve all the abuse they get because they show no signs of ever trying to improve and take no responsibility for it.

hibby rae
21-12-2021, 03:30 PM
If you google inept definition the example is literally 'the referee's inept handling of the match'.

For McGinn to be charged must mean they think Beaton did a cracking job?

HibeeMackenzie
21-12-2021, 03:41 PM
Hibs fans and fans of every other non old firm team in Scotland alike should be getting right behind paul on this. About time someone spoke up about the corruption in the sfa

A Hi-Bee
21-12-2021, 04:40 PM
Well said Paul McGinn, hope the club backs you up on this, you are just saying what most fair minded sports people would also be saying, he is and should not be a referee along with many others, lets kick them oot and bring in professional referees from other countries, then lets see how the 2 cheeks get buy with that.
:greengrin

staunchhibby
21-12-2021, 04:45 PM
It should be Beaton that is served with notice of complaint.

cabbageandribs1875
21-12-2021, 04:49 PM
take the ban paul, it's now highlighted for not only his next game but especially *the next game involving us :agree: we're watching you Beaton

*which will probably be an away game,and most likely at either of the old firm

Since452
21-12-2021, 05:28 PM
Wonder if Beaton will be dropped to the lower leagues for his inept performance?

PeeKay
21-12-2021, 05:37 PM
Throughout his time with the huns Gerrard got away with criticising referees and no action was ever taken. McGinn should have learned from his playbook and said, "some people would call that inept".

gbhibby
21-12-2021, 05:45 PM
Expected that from the inept people who run Scottish Football.

60yearahibby
22-12-2021, 09:08 AM
Expected that from the inept people who run Scottish Football.

Expect Paul to be red carded before halftime as referee shows support for his orange brother

hibsbollah
22-12-2021, 09:14 AM
Hope the club get right behind him. **** the SFA.

Yep, if we make enough noise they might go on strike again and we get the Maltese refs again. Levein had the right idea (can’t believe I’ve just posted that but…)

gbhibby
22-12-2021, 10:49 AM
Watched ref watch on Sky could not believe the rubbish that Dermot Gallagher was coming out with. The penalty incident is the semi he said it was the Celtic player being stronger than the Hibs player.

JimBHibees
22-12-2021, 12:48 PM
Surely any punishment would not be missing games more of a warning type thing.

weecounty hibby
22-12-2021, 12:53 PM
Watched ref watch on Sky could not believe the rubbish that Dermot Gallagher was coming out with. The penalty incident is the semi he said it was the Celtic player being stronger than the Hibs player.
He was a total slaver all the way through his section. What he was saying about the Kane tackle was unbelievable. I'm sure I will be stronger than most folk when I shove them in the back with both hands unexpectedly.

OstKurve Hibs
22-12-2021, 12:54 PM

Hes another clown, scared to rock the boat so just tells pure lies.

overdrive
22-12-2021, 01:01 PM
Hes another clown, scared to rock the boat so just tells pure lies.

It’s a cozy wee club. They will generally stick up for each other and find any excuse possible to support their pals.

MKHIBEE
22-12-2021, 01:08 PM
The only thing PM s guilty of is inflating Beatons performance level on the day

worcesterhibby
22-12-2021, 01:08 PM
Yep, if we make enough noise they might go on strike again and we get the Maltese refs again. Levein had the right idea (can’t believe I’ve just posted that but…)

Id like to see us writing to the head of the referees and asking for a meeting..an explanation of the inconsistencies. We should publish the fact that we want a meeting. We don't have to accuse them of cheating or incompetence, we can ask them as a club to come and help us understand how the laws are being interpretted as we are confused by some decisions.

They can't possibly fine us or punish us for asking publicly for a meeting to clarify the interpretation of certain rules (such as when a game is halted for a substitution to be made).

But it puts it in public..means we are basically pointing out the issue publicly..putting on pressure.

Ron could also say that as a club and as a league member we want to do whatever we can can to improve refereeing standards and that we beleive their should be a review of how referees are developed and managed that should be carried out independently. Always positive language about improvement and consistency..not criticism or accusations.

They couldn't do a thing, but it would put huge pressure on Refs.

southern hibby
22-12-2021, 02:10 PM
Id like to see us writing to the head of the referees and asking for a meeting..an explanation of the inconsistencies. We should publish the fact that we want a meeting. We don't have to accuse them of cheating or incompetence, we can ask them as a club to come and help us understand how the laws are being interpretted as we are confused by some decisions.

They can't possibly fine us or punish us for asking publicly for a meeting to clarify the interpretation of certain rules (such as when a game is halted for a substitution to be made).

But it puts it in public..means we are basically pointing out the issue publicly..putting on pressure.

Ron could also say that as a club and as a league member we want to do whatever we can can to improve refereeing standards and that we beleive their should be a review of how referees are developed and managed that should be carried out independently. Always positive language about improvement and consistency..not criticism or accusations.

They couldn't do a thing, but it would put huge pressure on Refs.

Far far too sensible an idea. Gets my vote 100%

GGTTH