PDA

View Full Version : Dear Santa: After today I know what I want from the next Hibs manager

One Day Soon
19-12-2021, 05:10 PM
After watching that game, listening to the commentary on Premier Sports and then listening to the post-match 'analysis' on Radio Scotland (that twat Gordon actually said 'as the Hibs players go up to collect their loser's medals') I absolutely know what I want from our next manager.

I want an Alex Ferguson, Jim McLean or Eddie Turnbull. In other words, someone who is going to go out of their way to confront the cosy conspiracy that surrounds, protects, elevates and articulates for the Ugly Sisters at every level of the game and everything around it.

I am genuinely pig sick of their being accommodated, thrown decisions, treated as something special and fawned over by authorities, media and pundits. I listened to their manager after the game talking about how theirs is a club that won't accept going without winning things for two seasons in a row. It made me ask myself why? Obviously because they are one of the two big clubs. Bigger only because of their vastly bigger pan-Scottish and beyond fanbase. And why is that? Is it because Glasgow is famous the world over? Is it the special colours of their strips? Or is it because of something else a lot grubbier which they have both been happy to milk?

We are in a bad way. The Jack Ross era served us pretty badly today and we have a lot of work to do to recover. But really what is the point of doing so if we are just going to accept that the game in Scotland is rigged in favour of the two establishment clubs? If you don't want to have a side with a 'boy band' mentality then the taking no **** attitude needs to come from the top and run all the way down. Just like a team, a club needs a decent spine.

So I want a manager who doesn't just want us to stay in our lane, who is willing to call them and their apologists out, as well as setting us up to play attacking, high-paced, pressing football. This should be about playing to win but it should also be about holding our heads up too.

Honestly, this distorted version of normality is so pervasive and so routine that it's been the norm for decades and decades. A corrupt game hiding in plain sight with the deck massively stacked in favour of two clubs. And to think that both sets of supporters of these profoundly establishment clubs have the nerve to try to cast themselves as outsiders in differing ways. ****ing mental.

truehibernian
19-12-2021, 05:13 PM
I’d like players who don’t wet the bed in finals - simple as that. Players who are brave on the ball, tenacious and creative. Players who aren’t nice, shy, and polite - players who grab games and don’t play the game in interviews, players who walk the talk.

I’ll need a huge chimney for all that to get down it on the 25th !!

The 90+2
19-12-2021, 05:17 PM
Anything but hoof the ball to MB and hope for the best in a cup final would be really decent.

Swedish hibee
19-12-2021, 06:05 PM
Your not gonna get that with an ex-celt.

Onion
19-12-2021, 06:14 PM
After watching that game, listening to the commentary on Premier Sports and then listening to the post-match 'analysis' on Radio Scotland (that twat Gordon actually said 'as the Hibs players go up to collect their loser's medals') I absolutely know what I want from our next manager.

I want an Alex Ferguson, Jim McLean or Eddie Turnbull. In other words, someone who is going to go out of their way to confront the cosy conspiracy that surrounds, protects, elevates and articulates for the Ugly Sisters at every level of the game and everything around it.

I am genuinely pig sick of their being accommodated, thrown decisions, treated as something special and fawned over by authorities, media and pundits. I listened to their manager after the game talking about how theirs is a club that won't accept going without winning things for two seasons in a row. It made me ask myself why? Obviously because they are one of the two big clubs. Bigger only because of their vastly bigger pan-Scottish and beyond fanbase. And why is that? Is it because Glasgow is famous the world over? Is it the special colours of their strips? Or is it because of something else a lot grubbier which they have both been happy to milk?

We are in a bad way. The Jack Ross era served us pretty badly today and we have a lot of work to do to recover. But really what is the point of doing so if we are just going to accept that the game in Scotland is rigged in favour of the two establishment clubs? If you don't want to have a side with a 'boy band' mentality then the taking no **** attitude needs to come from the top and run all the way down. Just like a team, a club needs a decent spine.

So I want a manager who doesn't just want us to stay in our lane, who is willing to call them and their apologists out, as well as setting us up to play attacking, high-paced, pressing football. This should be about playing to win but it should also be about holding our heads up too.

Honestly, this distorted version of normality is so pervasive and so routine that it's been the norm for decades and decades. A corrupt game hiding in plain sight with the deck massively stacked in favour of two clubs. And to think that both sets of supporters of these profoundly establishment clubs have the nerve to try to cast themselves as outsiders in differing ways. ****ing mental.

Feel your frustration and share that hope. Fly in the ointment is the majority of Hibs managers (if they're any good) are usually aspiring to become the next Celtic / The Rangers manager, so will not want rock the boat in the way you want. It has to come from the club Owner down and someone who has money. Turnbull had Tom Hart to back him with serious cash that allowed us to get and keep some truly great players, which allowed us to stand up to the OF.

One Day Soon
19-12-2021, 08:35 PM
Feel your frustration and share that hope. Fly in the ointment is the majority of Hibs managers (if they're any good) are usually aspiring to become the next Celtic / The Rangers manager, so will not want rock the boat in the way you want. It has to come from the club Owner down and someone who has money. Turnbull had Tom Hart to back him with serious cash that allowed us to get and keep some truly great players, which allowed us to stand up to the OF.

I agree and I really hope days like today will open RG’s eyes as to what we are up against. However there’s a cancer at the heart of Scottish football and it needs to be tackled. The toxic mixture of amateurism and transparent bias in how the game is administrated, conducted and reported is what gives us a grossly stunted league and helps damage our international team.

WestStandWillie
19-12-2021, 09:51 PM
I’d like a manager that will actually line his team up to get right in the faces of the Old Firm and also when we play Hearts. Too often we sit back and let them come at us. They hate it when teams take the game to them. Hate it!