PDA

View Full Version : Passing the ball

Cat Stanton
19-12-2021, 04:49 PM
No idea if Maloney is the right appointment or not - it's clearly a gamble - but given the type of player he was, hopefully he can (and will want to) instruct the players how to pass the ball again ie instead of lumping aimless high balls to the world's more ineffectual lone striker.

Such a miserable, dispiriting, first half performance. Get them to get the ball down and pass, Shaun...

Nicho87
19-12-2021, 04:51 PM
And also hopefully someone gets Nisbet a trampoline for Christmas to learn how to jump

CL0762
19-12-2021, 04:52 PM
He needs to get players in who aren’t **** scared of trying to keep a hold of the ball. That first half was absolute torture.

LeithMike
19-12-2021, 04:53 PM
No idea if Maloney is the right appointment or not - it's clearly a gamble - but given the type of player he was, hopefully he can (and will want to) instruct the players how to pass the ball again ie instead of lumping aimless high balls to the world's more ineffectual lone striker.

Such a miserable, dispiriting, first half performance. Get them to get the ball down and pass, Shaun...In order to be able to pass the ball we need to have players run into space. Sadly lacking for the first hour. Boyle the only man trying to find space and the midfield just sitting in with no forward runs. How I miss John McGinn.

If Maloney is going to be a passing and pressing game, I don't see many of that team surviving.

PS credit to Paul and Lewis today. Really fought hard.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Soldiersteve
19-12-2021, 04:54 PM
He needs to get players in who aren’t **** scared of trying to keep a hold of the ball. That first half was absolute torture.
Agreed. While I agree there was some dodgy decisions- including the penalty- we got what we deserved. Nothing!