PDA

View Full Version : Premier Sports league cup final.

lord bunberry
18-12-2021, 09:30 AM
Can we have a thread about the cup final without people droning on about covid, I’m sick of hearing about it tbh. Everyone has an opinion on it and everyone will make a decision that’s best for them.
In the meantime the hibees are in a cup final tomorrow. What’s everyone’s plans? What do we think the team will be? Will SDG become an even bigger legend than he already is? Will Stevenson end up with another winners medal?
Normally we’d have stories about how fans are travelling from afar and what everyone is up to the day before the big game. Are the nerves starting to kick in?
GGTTH

HH81
18-12-2021, 09:43 AM
Travelling from Yorkshire early doors and can't wait.

No nerves as yet but they will kick in later.

Straight to the game, collect the cup and out for food with the wife. Seems straight forward in my head 😁.

B.H.F.C
18-12-2021, 09:44 AM
Sick of hearing about Covid. Not reading any more about it and starting to dream about seeing Hibs lift a trophy tomorrow.

Hibs don’t win anything very often so tomorrow is huge and these players (almost unbelievably) can become legends.

The injury problems they have certainly give us a better chance (hoping Kyogo doesn’t make it). Our midfield need to have the game of their lives tomorrow, their three have been superb for them and will kill us if we stand off them like we did at ER.

.Sean.
18-12-2021, 09:49 AM
Personally can’t wait. We have our own bus booked with close mates and some family and pub booked through in Glasgow walking distance from Hampden

I’m quietly confident, think we’re getting Celtic at the right time and I can picture Gray with the cup in his arms.

Bostonhibby
18-12-2021, 09:56 AM
Having to miss my first ever cup final[emoji24]No way round it unfortunately. Most of my group of Hibbies will be there.

Will be glued to Hibs radio and my usual potential viewing sources. Lucky cup final hat and scarf at the ready.

Free hit and we will go close I feel. It's Hibs, anything can happen.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

MacBean
18-12-2021, 10:00 AM
Chance for Boyle and Hanlon to join Stevenson to have won both cups

cabbageandribs1875
18-12-2021, 10:01 AM
remember the young 5 year old hibs fan that got abuse on the internet from grown men whilst going to hampden for the first time v Sevco....well done the club :agree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCY8VlekqTY

Stairway 2 7
18-12-2021, 10:09 AM
Glad you started this thread. Game is on people will choose to go or not on their personal opinions.

But we have a massive game for our club. Sick of talking about Covid the day before a final. Let's do this hibs buzzing for it. They are they for the taking and we can perform on the big stage

Is there a level above Sir if David wins this

lord bunberry
18-12-2021, 10:24 AM
I’m driving through and I’ve booked a parking space, the only other time I’ve done that was May 2016 so I’m hoping it’s a good omen. I’m glad that Jota and Kyogo are both out because they were good in the league game.

lord bunberry
18-12-2021, 10:25 AM
Glad you started this thread. Game is on people will choose to go or not on their personal opinions.

But we have a massive game for our club. Sick of talking about Covid the day before a final. Let's do this hibs buzzing for it. They are they for the taking and we can perform on the big stage

King David Gray :greengrin

Saint Hibee
18-12-2021, 10:38 AM
Won't be there as in bed with Covid, so watching the final will be a (hopefully) pleasant distraction! To be honest, I think we'll get pumped, but I thought that before the 2016 Scottish Cup Final, so maybe I'm operating some perverse reverse psychology on myself ... I think the issue raised in the other thread of the importance of pressing them from the very start will be key.

Moulin Yarns
18-12-2021, 10:45 AM
Does anyone know of any deals for getting Premier sports player. I don't have any sky or cable TV subscriptions.

Stairway 2 7
18-12-2021, 10:45 AM
Won't be there as in bed with Covid, so watching the final will be a (hopefully) pleasant distraction! To be honest, I think we'll get pumped, but I thought that before the 2016 Scottish Cup Final, so maybe I'm operating some perverse reverse psychology on myself ... I think the issue raised in the other thread of the importance of pressing them from the very start will be key.

Defo agree, straight for the jugular. Don't try and outplay them in midfield, let Martin run at them.

CropleyWasGod
18-12-2021, 10:50 AM
Does anyone know of any deals for getting Premier sports player. I don't have any sky or cable TV subscriptions.

I think you can get a monthly subscription for 14.99, and then cancel it.

That's my plan. Hopefully I'm not cancelling it at half 3 😁

Helensburghhibs
18-12-2021, 11:03 AM
Really looking forward to it and confident we have a chance. We are a team who look better on the break than with the ball so hopefully that's a bonus

18-12-2021, 11:05 AM
remember the young 5 year old hibs fan that got abuse on the internet from grown men whilst going to hampden for the first time v Sevco....well done the club :agree:

Outstanding from Hibs :thumbsup:

But seriously though, what kind of low life ****bags (grown adults BTW!) viciously abuse a 5 year old child online?! I mean WTF is that all about?! Bizarre and tbh quite disturbing behavior. Some people really are beyond belief and need to get a serious grip.

Well done the wee man, bullies never win!

Mick O'Rourke
18-12-2021, 11:09 AM

Earl Gray

pollution
18-12-2021, 11:14 AM
Not sure whether to go for a drive as I did in 2016 and only watch the last 5 minutes as I did then.

Or hide behind the sofa...

Pretty Boy
18-12-2021, 11:17 AM
Going to get myself sorted out with Premier Sports today. Beers ordered from Asda due at 6.30 tonight, snacks ordered in and will make as good a day of it as possible.

Fancy us to nick it. No idea why really, just a hunch.

Stairway 2 7
18-12-2021, 11:20 AM
Earl Gray
[/B]

I'll drink to that 🫖

JimBHibees
18-12-2021, 11:22 AM
Outstanding from Hibs :thumbsup:

But seriously though, what kind of low life ****bags (grown adults BTW!) viciously abuse a 5 year old child online?! I mean WTF is that all about?! Bizarre and tbh quite disturbing behavior. Some people really are beyond belief and need to get a serious grip.

Well done the wee man, bullies never win!

Why don't the police get involved in that sort of horrible behaviour?

Radge70
18-12-2021, 11:30 AM
Earl Gray
[/B]

🤣

Hibee Mac
18-12-2021, 12:00 PM
Sure I read you can get premier sport through Amazon prime now? In case that helps anyone

Coco Bryce
18-12-2021, 12:20 PM
Earl Gray
[/B]

🤣🤣

LunasBoots
18-12-2021, 12:21 PM
Looking forward to it, think we have a real chance if we can contain Celtics midfield and put on a great defensive display like the Semi.

Since452
18-12-2021, 12:23 PM
Buzzing for this. Have been since the semi. Can't wait. The day out is the best part. Hopefully we win even though it is very unlikely.

Moulin Yarns
18-12-2021, 12:29 PM
I think you can get a monthly subscription for 14.99, and then cancel it.

That's my plan. Hopefully I'm not cancelling it at half 3 😁

Thanks Crops, think that's what I'll do.

Moulin Yarns
18-12-2021, 12:30 PM
Sure I read you can get premier sport through Amazon prime now? In case that helps anyone

I'll look into this 👍

Looks like it was added just this week, same £14.99 a month

Billy Whizz
18-12-2021, 01:02 PM
This is a winnable game, but we can’t start how we did the last time we played Celtic

Mick O'Rourke
18-12-2021, 01:18 PM
In the words of I.Welsh,author of note.

There'll be no stickies at Hampden.

Getintaerum !

GGTTH
SOL
HGSP

MKHIBEE
18-12-2021, 02:49 PM
In Glasgow already, out for something to eat later, getting into the mood for it, at Hampden for 12.30 tomorrow.

Billy Whizz
18-12-2021, 02:52 PM
In Glasgow already, out for something to eat later, getting into the mood for it, at Hampden for 12.30 tomorrow.

It’s a 3pm ko tomorrow

Nakedmanoncrack
18-12-2021, 02:53 PM
Out for a meal & few pints tonight to settle the eve of final nerves, then be getting torn in about the cairry-oot on the train (discretely) in the morning, can't wait.

leith lynx
18-12-2021, 03:25 PM
Earl Gray
[/B]

Another cup in the (tea) bag....

PatHead
18-12-2021, 04:53 PM
I was watching an interview with Sir David yesterday and wondered why it only said DG on his coat! 😂

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-12-2021, 04:56 PM
I was watching an interview with Sir David yesterday and wondered why it only said DG on his coat! 😂

Who were the pair of you watching being interviewed? Sean Maloney?

Since452
18-12-2021, 04:59 PM
Fog ment to be bad in Glasgow tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully clears by kickoff.

hibeedonald
18-12-2021, 05:02 PM
If we win it will be ****ing amazing.

It we lose we will get over it pretty quickly as big underdogs.

Since452
18-12-2021, 05:03 PM

This. No lose situation tomorrow really.

inglisavhibs
18-12-2021, 05:09 PM
This. No lose situation tomorrow really.
All we ask is Hibs play with tremendous spirit and give it their all. A win would be a bonus.

lord bunberry
18-12-2021, 05:20 PM
Having a few beers just now, I’ll watch the darts later then stick time for heroes on. It’s funny I almost threw my DVD player out last year because I never use it, then I remembered it’s the only way you can watch it. We need to think about releasing it as a digital download.

oneone73
18-12-2021, 05:21 PM
Having a few beers just now, I’ll watch the darts later then stick time for heroes on. It’s funny I almost threw my DVD player out last year because I never use it, then I remembered it’s the only way you can watch it. We need to think about releasing it as a digital download.

Isn't it on Hibs TV?

gbhibby
18-12-2021, 05:21 PM
We will be 2 nil up and the game will be abandoned.

Nakedmanoncrack
18-12-2021, 05:23 PM

Hadn't even thought of that!
Not watched a DVD since the last time I watched it.

GreenCastle
18-12-2021, 05:25 PM

Fog till 12 then mist..

The drive though could be interesting.

lord bunberry
18-12-2021, 05:26 PM
Isn't it on Hibs TV?
Oh it might be, I hadn’t thought of that.

B.H.F.C

Think it’s on Hibs YouTube channel.

My night is going to follow a fairly similar path though.

Starting to get right up for tomorrow now.

lord bunberry
Hadn't even thought of that!
Not watched a DVD since the last time I watched it.
Same here

Libby Hibby
18-12-2021, 05:28 PM
Out tonight with my London m8 who is up for the final, his main side is Everton, bus then boozer tomorrow before the game.

Watch the hibs win.

Looking forward to it now.

JimBHibees
18-12-2021, 05:34 PM
Any news on the Nisbet Cadden injuries?

Superfurry72
18-12-2021, 05:57 PM
Earl Gray
[/B]

Sounds like most folks’ cup of tea😀

Stairway 2 7
18-12-2021, 06:05 PM
Nervous now

GreenCastle
18-12-2021, 06:08 PM

Nisbet missing would be a blow. Having just Doidge who hasn’t played 90 mins for a long time and no real other striker except Gullan would be fat from ideal.

Ray Donovan
18-12-2021, 06:15 PM
As a few posters have said I'm also quietly confident. I've seen us lose to Celtic 4 times at Hampden and each time it was a convincing victory for them.

We are due a win against them at Hampden so hopefully it is tomorrow.

It would be a brilliant achievement considering we will have had to beat both Glasgow teams to do it.

Having a few beers tonight and will be having a few pre match bevs before the game tomorrow. Hopefully a few pints in Leith to celebrate a victory after the game!!

Bristolhibby
18-12-2021, 07:01 PM
Just arrived in Edina this afternoon. Drove from Wiltshire to Birmingham and flew Birmingham to Edinburgh.

Can’t wait. On the Easter Road busses tomorrow after brunch and beers at ER.

J

lord bunberry
18-12-2021, 07:45 PM
Just arrived in Edina this afternoon. Drove from Wiltshire to Birmingham and flew Birmingham to Edinburgh.

Can’t wait. On the Easter Road busses tomorrow after brunch and beers at ER.

J
See when you left Edinburgh did you ever imagine returning to the holy ground for brunch? :greengrin

Squealing pig
18-12-2021, 07:47 PM
Train around mid day , try to find a pub for a couple then onto hampden to see us lift the 🏆

Tyler Durden
18-12-2021, 07:52 PM

Nisbet is fine - apparently was just tired the other night.

Mick O'Rourke
18-12-2021, 08:29 PM
Sounds like most folks’ cup of tea��

Aye it does sound like its right up their Earl Grey Street

I did think Lord would be apt for both David and Anthony, our Cup Final scorers.

Ala Tarzan's name ........Lords Gray-Stokes....

Weather forecast for Glasgow the morn,as mentioned, looks grim.

The Foggy Dew

GGTTH

Gmack7
18-12-2021, 09:15 PM
Aye it does sound like its right up their Earl Grey Street

I did think Lord would be apt for both David and Anthony, our Cup Final scorers.

Ala Tarzan's name ........Lords Gray-Stokes....

Weather forecast for Glasgow the morn,as mentioned, looks grim.

The Foggy Dew

GGTTH
If you change the weather forecast from grim to Gray it instantly looks a better forecast

Glory Lurker
18-12-2021, 09:22 PM
We are Hibernian FC.

Let's dae this.

zitelli62
18-12-2021, 09:53 PM

Only people of a certain vintage will remember that they were still cheating years ago and still are.

Leithenhibby
19-12-2021, 03:47 AM

Hibs Class 👏💚

Hibs For The Cup...

Stairway 2 7
19-12-2021, 04:24 AM
Come on the Hibernian

Libby Hibby
19-12-2021, 05:24 AM
Did someone say League Cup Final?

Come oan the Hibs.

bordergreen
19-12-2021, 05:50 AM
David Gray kens how to win a cup final...

GreenCastle
19-12-2021, 07:42 AM
Didn’t sleep well last night - but can’t wait for this.

Strange to think this is the first final since 2016 where we had fans. Obviously last year final we weren’t allowed to go and support the team.

No expectations but it’s Hibs and you never know !

Teams outside Rangers and Celtic won’t win the league so cup wins are a massive shot at glory for us.

Safe travels through for everyone going - pretty foggy out there so driving etc will be tricky - look forward to seeing a large travelling support at Hampden.

FilipinoHibs
19-12-2021, 07:51 AM
First drink if the day in the Philippines. Getting nervous.

Stay safe everyone and let"s do it Hibs🌲🌲🌲

Wakeyhibee
19-12-2021, 07:53 AM
Have a great day all, stay safe and hopefully come 5pm an early Christmas present has landed.

Greenbeard
19-12-2021, 08:23 AM
Train around mid day , try to find a pub for a couple then onto hampden to see us lift the 🏆
Don't train too hard or you might need an athlete's recovery nap mid-afternoon.

Allant1981
19-12-2021, 08:26 AM
Absolutely buzzing and still 5.5 hours to go, hate waiting about for the football

Diclonius
19-12-2021, 08:27 AM

Unless it finishes like 6-0 or something.

NC1875
19-12-2021, 08:28 AM
11.00 train to queen street cancelled apparently if anyones booked onto that. Looks like the later ones still running just now.

Greenbeard
19-12-2021, 08:31 AM

Brilliant. Hope this is picked up by National papers to reinforce the two fingers to the knuckle dragging stickies who gave this wee lad the abuse online.
I just don't get why online abuse can't be traced back and action taken against abusers, even if that is simply a block on whatever platform they used. But that's for another thread.
Mon the Hibees.

Bostonhibby
19-12-2021, 08:47 AM
Brilliant. Hope this is picked up by National papers to reinforce the two fingers to the knuckle dragging stickies who gave this wee lad the abuse online.
I just don't get why online abuse can't be traced back and action taken against abusers, even if that is simply a block on whatever platform they used. But that's for another thread.
Mon the Hibees.Plod Glasgow's crack find the elephant in the phone box squad are too busy, still tied up full time trying to track down exuberant Hibbies from the previous humping of sevco at Hampden[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Alex Trager
19-12-2021, 08:48 AM
Hibs for the cup.

Radge70
19-12-2021, 08:48 AM
If you change the weather forecast from grim to Gray it instantly looks a better forecast
Not exactly Spanish weather today then but still a good shot at the Cuppa Earl Gray

greenlex
19-12-2021, 08:50 AM
11.00 train to queen street cancelled apparently if anyones booked onto that. Looks like the later ones still running just now.
Not being smart but trains cancelled last week had a knock on effect all day. I’m guessing the crew don’t turn up and they’ll do more than one trip. Hopefully they’ll get cover. Good luck and stay safe.

JimBHibees
19-12-2021, 08:59 AM
Mon the Hibees.

Agree totally must just be a lack of will to do so. Not good enough from authorities or the pathetic social platform owners who it appears are completely unaccountable to anyone.

Dr What If?
19-12-2021, 09:07 AM
I seem to have a set list of cup final emotions that just repeat every time......day before I go through this 'its just a game phase' and not too bothered.....on the morning (like now) I get the fear, just don't want us to get hammered. If its like the last few finals I expect to have a huge surge of optimism a couple of hours before kick off where I'm convinced we are going to win followed by a surge of nerves about half an hour before kick off.

Roll on the optimistic phase :greengrin

Helensburghhibs
19-12-2021, 09:11 AM
Semi final on sky 422 just now. Currently 2.0 up Hopefully we can hold on

Tambo
19-12-2021, 09:17 AM
Just got a months supscribtion for premier player and will go get a few beers soon.

Buzzing Mon the Hibs and everyone who is heading out have a safe journey.

Pedantic_Hibee
19-12-2021, 09:25 AM
2 nil down at Tynie…..

On the way through on the bus. My laddie (who lives down south and is up for Xmas) has just informed me he’s never been to a Hibs game with me and seen Hibs lose. Hopefully a good omen 🙏

MKHIBEE
19-12-2021, 09:26 AM

With 2 minutes to go and we lose the replay

JimBHibees
19-12-2021, 09:27 AM
2 nil down at Tynie…..

On the way through on the bus. My laddie (who lives down south and is up for Xmas) has just informed me he’s never been to a Hibs game with me and seen Hibs lose. Hopefully a good omen 🙏

Hope so too. :thumbsup:

Mikey_1875
19-12-2021, 10:08 AM
Feels a bit more like cup final day now. Few Hibs songs and can’t wait to see the team coming out at 3 o’clock. Well up for it and hopeful to see some silverware at the back of 5. GGTTH

Saint Hibee
19-12-2021, 10:31 AM
Mon the Hibees.

It's in the Daily Record, but they conveniently (and predictably) don't mention the affiliation of the those dishing out the abuse to 5-year-olds.

jgl07
19-12-2021, 10:37 AM
That’s strange because I am on the 11:00 train from Waverley to Queen Street?

Greenio
19-12-2021, 10:55 AM
2am kick off here. Passing the time by watching Time for Heroes - let's hope it's time to make a few more!

Listening to DG talk about the build up to the SC - how everyone was writing them off, lost the other final, lost the playoffs etc, makes you realise the value of an underdog tag. i think the team will be fired up based on the run up to this game. 1-0, Campbell 65 mins

ehf
19-12-2021, 10:59 AM
Just about to set off for Hampden (by car). Slightly strange/surreal feel to it all, no idea what to expect on or off the pitch, but the old cup final adrenaline has finally arrived!

Broxburn Greens
19-12-2021, 11:16 AM
Nervous now, leaving shortly (car) for hampden.

It’s the hope that kills me 😂

Mon the Hibs 🇳🇬🇳🇬

Mick O'Rourke
19-12-2021, 11:18 AM
Mon the Hibees.

Cavemen,right enough .Vile people.

On the surprise for Jacob. Magnificent from the Club.
Early Christmas pressies for the wee man.Our mascot ,Jacob
Hope we all get an early Christmas today

1875godsgift
19-12-2021, 11:20 AM
That’s strange because I am on the 11:00 train from Waverley to Queen Street?

Is it moving? 😀

Greenbeard
19-12-2021, 11:20 AM
It's in the Daily Record, but they conveniently (and predictably) don't mention the affiliation of the those dishing out the abuse to 5-year-olds.
The fact that I am I not surprised by that says all that needs to be said about the Daily Ranger. Imagine if it had been a wee 5 year-old stickie who had got abuse from Hibs fans. Front page naming and shaming probably.

HH81
19-12-2021, 11:25 AM

Trains are a right nightmare. Ours broke down and running late. If next one is cancelled screwed.

Swedish hibee
19-12-2021, 12:06 PM
C'mon Hibees🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

broondog
19-12-2021, 12:10 PM
really looking forward to this, already a few pints in. Have a good feeling about today, c'mon hibees!! :flag::flag:

B.H.F.C
19-12-2021, 12:11 PM
Great day so far. Come on Hibs, win this.

jgl07
19-12-2021, 12:13 PM
Is it moving? 😀
Aye apart from stopping at every lamppost en route. Into Queen Street before midday.

1875godsgift
19-12-2021, 12:28 PM
Aye apart from stopping at every lamppost en route. Into Queen Street before midday.

Used to have a dog like that.... 🐕

Hibrandenburg
19-12-2021, 02:01 PM
Loving that white tracki top with HIBS on the back. A thing of beauty. GGTTH