PDA

View Full Version : Hibs book launch night on Monday: cancelled

Col L
16-12-2021, 02:11 PM
It is with a heavy heart that I have made the decision to postpone the launch night for ‘Bestie to Beastie to Belgium’ this Monday (20th December) at The Hibs Club.

I am absolutely gutted, and I am sorry for any inconvenience caused to people who were looking forward to attending and meeting some of the former Hibs players who contributed to the book.

While the advice about events, in my opinion, is not clear and open to interpretation, it does not seem right to carry on regardless. At a time when we are being urged to limit social contact, I don’t want to do anything that might put people and their families at risk of infection, especially so close to Christmas.

Many thanks to The Hibs Club for their understanding, and hopefully we might be able to do something in 2022 instead.

For those who hoped to buy a book on the night, you can order online, here: https://bit.ly/31ZXJ1o

I will make every effort to hand-deliver any orders within the City of Edinburgh in time for Christmas. A donation of at least £3 for each sale will be made to the Hanlon Stevenson Foundation.

Stay safe and GGTTH :flag:

Northernhibee
16-12-2021, 02:22 PM
I'm sure everyone will understand. FWIW I think you're doing the right thing and when payday comes I'll order myself a copy of the book.

bigwheel
16-12-2021, 02:23 PM
That’s really unlucky ..I hope you still get a great batch of online orders ..good luck !!