PDA

View Full Version : Pre Final Drinks

Edinburgh Green
13-12-2021, 03:39 PM
Assuming there haven't been anymore COVID restrictions by Sunday. Is anyone meeting up for a pint in Glasgow City Centre prior to the match. We're getting the train through and wondering where is good to go?

Saint Hibee
13-12-2021, 04:03 PM
Just chug through every flavour of DragonSoop on the train and you’ll be fine.

Daniel 1875
13-12-2021, 04:07 PM
Assuming there haven't been anymore COVID restrictions by Sunday. Is anyone meeting up for a pint in Glasgow City Centre prior to the match. We're getting the train through and wondering where is good to go?

When I'm through for Scotland games we tend to head straight out towards Hampden to avoid a rush from Central. We get the train to Crossmyloof and drink in the Corona Bar in Shawlands which is a decent boozer with a few others nearby. It does food too.

It's about 30 mins walk to the stadium but it'll bring you out at the Mount Florida/Hibs end.

GlasgowHibs
13-12-2021, 04:20 PM
Spoons on Kilmarnock Rd for me.

Frazerbob
13-12-2021, 04:46 PM

Raise the bar mate lol

GlasgowHibs
13-12-2021, 07:54 PM
Raise the bar mate lol

I know but £1.10 for a Deuchars. ;-)

Dav1986
13-12-2021, 10:03 PM
Any recommendations to try and get booked in anywhere? Only going to be 10 of us max ( likely about 5 realistically) so hopefully be able to get in somewhere.

Heard of folk getting turned away from places they were booked into as the venues drew names out of a hat.

hibsforeurope
14-12-2021, 11:08 AM
has anyone who booked in to the Glasgow Indoor Bowling Club had their info packs sent through yet? The manager was going to be sending out wrist bands for entry.

Libby Hibby
14-12-2021, 11:09 AM
has anyone who booked in to the Glasgow Indoor Bowling Club had their info packs sent through yet? The manager was going to be sending out wrist bands for entry.

Not been issued yet

hibsforeurope
14-12-2021, 12:15 PM
Not been issued yet

cheers, thought they had been lost in post.

ClewsHibs
17-12-2021, 10:47 AM
Torn between somewhere in the city centre or heading to Hampden area early. Church on the hill or clockwork bar any good? Never been to either of those.

Lancs Harp
17-12-2021, 10:53 AM
Thought I'd pop into the Louden bar for a jar or two.

In reality Im probably likely to be drinking a coffee in my car. Life in the fast lane eh.

Daniel 1875
17-12-2021, 11:11 AM
Torn between somewhere in the city centre or heading to Hampden area early. Church on the hill or clockwork bar any good? Never been to either of those.

Both are good options but may be booked already. Clockwork is a stone's throw from Hampden, Church on the Hill is about 15 mins walk. You should be able to check online if they're taking table bookings and if they are I'd advise grabbing one to ensure you can get in and served.

MrRobot
17-12-2021, 12:34 PM
Both are good options but may be booked already. Clockwork is a stone's throw from Hampden, Church on the Hill is about 15 mins walk. You should be able to check online if they're taking table bookings and if they are I'd advise grabbing one to ensure you can get in and served.

I looked at booking church on the hill but apparently closed due to a covid outbreak amongst staff

ian cruise
17-12-2021, 12:38 PM

Clockwork is far better than Church on the Hill in my opinion. Better beer selection and nearer the stadium too.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-12-2021, 01:31 PM

I quite like Finlays across the road from there, not as cheap though!

davhibby
17-12-2021, 02:59 PM

The Clockwork is usually walk ins only when there’s a game on. It’s pretty big so I’d imagine you’ll be fine getting in with the reduced demand for going to the pub pre match etc