View Full Version : Neil Lennon return?

JeMeSouviens
13-12-2021, 01:26 PM
What's the general feeling?

Onceinawhile
13-12-2021, 01:32 PM

Absolutely not.

Tactically inept, couldn't hold a dressing room together and almost entirely turgid football. Possibly the worst idea I've heard.

Callum_62
13-12-2021, 01:38 PM
Not really no

But I can't see him relegating us so I wouldn't be too upset if he got it

I'd also think that means he's been given assurances we are spending

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
13-12-2021, 01:43 PM
Absolutely not.

Tactically inept, couldn't hold a dressing room together and almost entirely turgid football. Possibly the worst idea I've heard.

No fan of his but this is utter rubbish.

Hiber-nation
13-12-2021, 01:45 PM
Absolutely not.

Turgid? The last few months of 17-18 was amongst the most exciting football I'd seen in years from a Hibs team. Not that I want him anywhere near Easter Road mind you

Keith_M
13-12-2021, 01:45 PM
Could somebody start a poll with the question: 'Should we ban all polls for the next four weeks?'

Hermit Crab
13-12-2021, 01:46 PM
Thus site at the moment has more polls than the pubic triangle!!! Yes, I'd take Lennon back. The mans a winner even though his management style somewhat robust.

HoboHarry
13-12-2021, 01:46 PM
FFS. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.. ............................

The Tubs
13-12-2021, 01:47 PM
He really doesn't seem to be a capable manager. He has some good personal qualities but I know he'd waste a stack of money and it'd end badly.

flash
13-12-2021, 01:49 PM
Absolutely not.

I don't particularly want him back but your point about turgid football is ludicrous.

JeMeSouviens
13-12-2021, 01:52 PM
Thus site at the moment has more polls than the pubic triangle!!! Yes, I'd take Lennon back. The mans a winner even though his management style somewhat robust.

There's only 3 on the first page, don't get your g-string in a twist! :wink:

Smartie
13-12-2021, 01:55 PM
Pros - he’s not going to get another chance to drop us like a stone at the first sign of Celtic dropping their drawers.

He’d make Kevin Nisbet’s last few weeks at the club a living hell.

Cons - everything else.

Dalianwanda
13-12-2021, 01:56 PM

No No No

MWHIBBIES
13-12-2021, 01:57 PM
Pros - he’s not going to get another chance to drop us like a stone at the first sign of Celtic dropping their drawers.

Cons - everything else.

What?

This is an absolutely awful thing. I want a new manager getting our best players firing. If we have anyone at the club making anyone elses life a living hell, they should be sacked immediately.

Booked4Being-Ugly
13-12-2021, 01:58 PM
He would be an absolute disaster, like he turned out last time.

Smartie
13-12-2021, 02:02 PM
What?

This is an absolutely awful thing. I want a new manager getting our best players firing. If we have anyone at the club making anyone elses life a living hell, they should be sacked immediately.

I wasn’t being entirely serious.

I can imagine Lennon being introduced to the Hibs players though -“If you liked Kamberi, you’ll LOVE Nisbet…”

(To paraphrase the title of an Irvine Welsh book.)

drumatic44
13-12-2021, 02:02 PM
Can we have a bring back Jack poll !!

sleeping giant
13-12-2021, 02:03 PM
Nah but it would be interesting 🙈

Bostonhibby
13-12-2021, 02:04 PM
Only if he brings Terry Butcher as his assistant and Alex Rae as kit man.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
13-12-2021, 02:04 PM
I

Cons - everything else.

Is there any post of yours on any subject that doesn’t contain a dig at Nisbet?

Northernhibee
13-12-2021, 02:07 PM
Absolutely dreadful manager, not a particularly good character to have around the club and I don't think the club would have him back. Rightfully not.

Haymaker
No.

Unseen work
Strong no for me.

WillowbraeHibby
13-12-2021, 02:10 PM

No thanks..

loanheadhibby
13-12-2021, 02:15 PM
What?

I think the poster meant NL wouldn't put up with his alleged poor attitude.

Springbank
13-12-2021, 02:19 PM
to win a cup in a first game?

not many could do it - but Neil Lennon (whether you like him or not) is one of those guys who just could.

I'm all for it on basis it's til end of the season

Pagan Hibernia
I enjoyed (most of) Lennon’s time here.

Wouldn’t be raging if he came back but I wouldn’t be excited either. Hibs should be looking forward not back.

greenlex
The way he left. It’s a no from me.

Iain G
13-12-2021, 02:20 PM
I think the poster meant NL wouldn't put up with his alleged poor attitude.

But would Kevin put up with Lennon's poor attitude? :greengrin:confused:

Ronniekirk
13-12-2021, 02:20 PM
The boat has sailed and he just gave up towards the end as wasn’t s me to bring in more players He got frustrated with our lack of ambition
So don’t see the point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superfurryhibby
13-12-2021, 02:22 PM
The 30% who either want Lennon or would be content to see him back are a large minority and also very quiet on here. Speak up Peeps.

He's here!
13-12-2021, 02:26 PM
I find it hard to believe there's any substance to this.

I was thrilled when we landed Lennon but the way it ended didn't exactly leave a pleasant taste in the mouth.

Waxy
13-12-2021, 02:27 PM
He’ll get bums on seats i reckon. 5-3s 5-5s etc and would bring interest and attention to us.
Yes.

BILLYHIBS
13-12-2021, 02:29 PM
Nope

Next !

Hibs90
13-12-2021, 02:31 PM
It shouldn't be up for debate.

The man engineered his leaving just in perfect timing for Rodgers heading to Leiceister. He should be nowhere near ER in any capacity.

Crab apple
13-12-2021, 02:31 PM
Not for me.

Bobby's Cinema
13-12-2021, 02:35 PM
I felt that balance had just about tipped for JR to go.

But if the option at that time had been to swap him for Lennon? No thanks.

Hibs90
13-12-2021, 02:36 PM
I felt that balance had just about tipped for JR to go.

But if the option at that time had been to swap him for Lennon? No thanks.

I'd have much rather have kept JR, and I say that as someone who's wanted rid of him for well before most.

Northernhibee
13-12-2021, 02:37 PM
The boat has sailed and he just gave up towards the end as wasn’t s me to bring in more players He got frustrated with our lack of ambition
So don’t see the point

I don't think we had a lack of ambition, I think we were fed up of wasting money on the likes of big Dave, Slivka, Brian Graham, Danny Swanson, Brian McLean, Simon Murray, a completely disinterested Stokes and more.

Ronniekirk
13-12-2021, 02:42 PM
I don't think we had a lack of ambition, I think we were fed up of wasting money on the likes of big Dave, Slivka, Brian Graham, Danny Swanson, Brian McLean, Simon Murray, a completely disinterested Stokes and more.

Good point you have just reminded me of why we weren’t doing as well

Shezza
13-12-2021, 02:45 PM

The man engineered his leaving just in perfect timing for Rodgers heading to Leiceister. He should be nowhere near ER in any capacity.

Agree

Since452
13-12-2021, 02:47 PM
I'm disappointed I could only vote raging once

A Hi-Bee
13-12-2021, 02:53 PM
It's a yes, from this Hibs supporter with more than 60 years of watching, he would cause a stir and raise our profile as a team, full of passion for the game. I may as well add that I wish I had a pound for every player and manager/staff member who has pissed on our team over the years, way too many to count, so nothing new in that people do what they think is the best for them at any given time, same as the rest of us.
:thumbsup:

Doh Rae Me
13-12-2021, 02:56 PM
I'd be absolutely delighted.

PolmontHibby
13-12-2021, 02:59 PM
Premier League position JR 3rd Lennon 4th

Both left club after a dire run of results when team under JR 7th and Lennon 8th

.....and Lennon had longer than JR in charge to develop team.

I find it impossible to see any strong reason Lennon should come back - quite the reverse given the way he left

mal
13-12-2021, 03:00 PM
Remember this game? Kilmarnock 3-0 Hibernian: Steve Clarke's side overcome floodlight failures - BBC Sport (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46325989)

We admitted that we went there seeking a draw; we got beat 3-0. Look at the team we fielded - 6 defenders and a defensive midfielder. If Jack Ross had ever been so negative some folk round here would want him lynched. This was during a run of 3 wins in 15 games.

bigwheel
13-12-2021, 03:09 PM
Remember this game? Kilmarnock 3-0 Hibernian: Steve Clarke's side overcome floodlight failures - BBC Sport (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46325989)

We admitted that we went there seeking a draw; we got beat 3-0. Look at the team we fielded - 6 defenders and a defensive midfielder. If Jack Ross had ever been so negative some folk round here would want him lynched. This was during a run of 3 wins in 15 games.

Was a shocker that one. Felt like watching Butchers team…that run felt every bit as bad as the one we are on now

Smartie
13-12-2021, 03:18 PM
Was a shocker that one. Felt like watching Butchers team…that run felt every bit as bad as the one we are on now

I'm a wee bit concerned about how often we seem to go on these runs. Obviously all teams will have good and bad spells but it often feels particularly extreme for us.

Ross - awful run of games - sacked.
Hecky - awful run of games - sacked.
Lennon - awful run of games - mutually consented.
Stubbs - avoided the curse of the Hibs arse collapse - although some of the league form during his second season wasn't too clever. And he was in charge in the Championship, so less likely to have a run of defeats.
Butcher - awful run of games - sacked.
Fenlon - no such arse collapse.
Calderwood - struggling to remember but we were seriously toiling when he left. Arse assumed to have collapsed.
Yogi - great start - arse collapse.

Should we be backing our managers better when results aren't coming? Why do the bad runs not just stop at 5 or 6 games but become something more worrying?

Tambo
13-12-2021, 03:26 PM
Lennon had some good and bad results aswell. Off the top of my head did he/we not loose 1-3 to Hamilton at home?

Stevie Reid
13-12-2021, 03:27 PM

How exactly did we waste money on Simon Murray? We signed him for free, he scored 14 goals in a half a season, we then loaned him for the rest of the season and sold him in the summer.

Callum_62
13-12-2021, 03:32 PM
Lennon had some good and bad results aswell. Off the top of my head did he/we not loose 1-3 to Hamilton at home?Yeah but Hamilton were like Barcelonas tika tika that day

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-12-2021, 03:32 PM
You could see a presser arranged for one pm and by five past they will be asking him about Ange.

WhileTheChief..
13-12-2021, 03:36 PM

He could have just resigned, why would he need to engineer anything?

Thats tinfoil hat stuff.

LD binned him no matter how it was dressed up.

WhileTheChief..
13-12-2021, 03:38 PM
You could see a presser arranged for one pm and by five past they will be asking him about Ange.

Haha, that’s a good point and one that I think annoyed a hell of a lot of Hibs fans at the time. Can’t really blame NL for it though.

MWHIBBIES
13-12-2021, 03:40 PM
Lennon had some good and bad results aswell. Off the top of my head did he/we not loose 1-3 to Hamilton at home?

Pretty much any Hibs manager will lose games like that. . He also beat Hamilton 6-0.

It wasn't one off loses to Hamilton that cost him. It was rubbish signings.

WeeRussell
13-12-2021, 03:41 PM
Aside from the hibs.netified attitude problem, which Kevin Nisbet has inherited, appearing again..

No. And thankfully wouldn’t happen.

MWHIBBIES
13-12-2021, 03:42 PM

Thats tinfoil hat stuff.

Correctly so as well

WhileTheChief..
13-12-2021, 03:45 PM
The 30% who either want Lennon or would be content to see him back are a large minority and also very quiet on here. Speak up Peeps.

Doing my best :greengrin

Billy Whizz
13-12-2021, 03:51 PM
R

Stevie Reid
13-12-2021, 03:55 PM

I haven't voted in this poll. I loved Lennon's time at Hibs, but don't want him back now - I would make my peace with it if it happened, but it wouldn't be my choice.

However, I've had to stop myself responding to several posts over the course of the day regarding him - there's definitely a few things he can rightly be chastised for, but there are so many lazy criticisms also, that don't stand up to very much scrutiny at all.

However, I'm not getting drawn in. It's been done to death, and folk will keep repeating the same things regardless.

mal
13-12-2021, 03:57 PM

Thats tinfoil hat stuff.

Indeed. It's quite a serious charge to suggest the astonishing ineptitude of his last few months was deliberate.

Saint Hibee
13-12-2021, 04:01 PM
I really enjoyed the passion of Lennon’s tenure, but I was never really convinced he actually knew what he was doing. On the plus side, he hates the Huns and so do I.

lord bunberry
13-12-2021, 04:02 PM

Thats tinfoil hat stuff.

If he resigned and didn’t get the Celtic job there wouldn’t have been any compensation. Managers that resign these days are rarer than hearts league cup wins.

superfurryhibby
13-12-2021, 04:04 PM
I haven't voted in this poll. I loved Lennon's time at Hibs, but don't want him back now - I would make my peace with it if it happened, but it wouldn't be my choice.

However, I've had to stop myself responding to several posts over the course of the day regarding him - there's definitely a few things he can rightly be chastised for, but there are so many lazy criticisms also, that don't stand up to very much scrutiny at all.

However, I'm not getting drawn in. It's been done to death, and folk will keep repeating the same things regardless.

I share many of your sentiments Stevie. I largely liked Lennon. I was less enamoured by the idea that he could return to Hibs, for all the reasons we know about. However, stranger things happen and maybe he could get a response out of the players, in the short term (like on Sunday).

Magpie
13-12-2021, 04:05 PM
I really enjoyed the passion of Lennon’s tenure, but I was never really convinced he actually knew what he was doing. On the plus side, he hates the Huns and so do I.

He got us promoted, to a couple of semi finals if that is anything to go by as well as the highest points total we have had in the top division for a very long time. A great record over the old firm. He evidently knew what he was doing.

Saint Hibee
13-12-2021, 04:08 PM
He got us promoted, to a couple of semi finals if that is anything to go by as well as the highest points total we have had in the top division for a very long time. A great record over the old firm. He evidently knew what he was doing.

You’ve convinced me! Let’s have him back! Nothing can be as meh as jack ross.

Nakedmanoncrack
13-12-2021, 04:12 PM
Absolutely not.

The revisionists have us playing delightful attacking football throughout his tenure. There was an exciting second half to one season (though still lost at Tynecastle twice during that spell), this wasn't typical of his reign though. Remember the promotion season, stumbling along with draw after draw, we got there which is all that mattered, it was certainly turgid though.

WeeRussell
13-12-2021, 04:22 PM

Jack Ross that got us to a number of semi finals and finals and got us finishing third for first time in many years?

Careful what you wish for and all that 😆

The 90+2
13-12-2021, 04:26 PM

Ludicrous.

BILLYHIBS
13-12-2021, 04:28 PM
Jack Ross that got us to a number of semi finals and finals and got us finishing third for first time in many years?

Jack Ross never beat Celtic

I remember one game away to Celtic no shots on target

Pathetic

Bottled it in two semis and a final

Who is it we play in the final ?

Glad he is gone

Danderhall Hibs
13-12-2021, 04:30 PM

Pathetic

Glad he is gone

How many times did Lennon’s team beat Celtic? What about his record in finals?

FifeHibs
13-12-2021, 04:33 PM

Defo beats them twice at Easter road and had a 2-2 at Celtic park . Unbeaten at Ibrox with 2 wins and a draw

Saint Hibee

Pathetic

I’

Glad he is gone

m with you BillyHibs. I don’t think Lennon is a tactical mastermind, but he would never ever ever give a post-match interview as spineless as the one Ross gave after our 1-3 humping by Hearts.

Hibeesforever
After a few victories under Lennon and the fans would back him again...very experienced player and manager, I would take him until the end of the season and then decide then if both parties want to carry on....!

Greenbeard
so as it stands 26/180 would be delighted. Wonder how many of that 26 are from across the city.

California-Hibs
Would be absolutely delighted if Lennon returned. Fought our corner from the dug out (Mr Duffy and his Morton thugs) to the media. Installed a real togetherness and identity. Full houses, beating Hearts and Rangers. Yeah, give me some of that again, along with the attacking football. Sure the last few months weren't going according to plan, but no one is going to tell me in the long haul on when he was here we didn't improve and overall all have a good time! (European games were also great fun!).

None of us know exactly what was going on behind the scenes ie Lennon, Kamberi and Dempster, and just how much (even if any) Lennon was to blame.

Its 100% yes from me. Would be delighted!

BILLYHIBS
13-12-2021, 04:35 PM

He was up for the OF as HIBS Manager but it’s a no from me

4 Scottish Cups and 1 League Cup as a Manager

None with HIBS 😃

Danderhall Hibs
13-12-2021, 04:36 PM
He was up for the OF as HIBS Manager but it’s a no from me

4 Scottish Cups and 1 League Cup as a Manager

None with HIBS 😃

That “none with Hibs” is an interesting stat.

BILLYHIBS
13-12-2021, 04:38 PM
That “none with Hibs” is an interesting stat.

Yip

Couldnae get away quick enough once Smeltick came a calling

F*#k him !

Keith_M
13-12-2021, 04:43 PM

TBF, at least we had quite good songs for Stokes and Murray.

Much better than some of the crap the young team sing now. :wink:

Magpie
13-12-2021, 04:44 PM

Pathetic

Glad he is gone

His time was up Billy. I agree.

Iggy Pope
13-12-2021, 04:45 PM
TBF, at least we had quite good songs for Stokes and Murray.

Much better than some of the crap the young team sing now. :wink:

Plastic ears when it came to Stokes then ? :wink:

Onceinawhile
13-12-2021, 04:46 PM
Turgid? The last few months of 17-18 was amongst the most exciting football I'd seen in years from a Hibs team. Not that I want him anywhere near Easter Road mind you

3 months out of 3 years.

The promotion season was an absolute drag, quality wise. We drew so, so many games. The season he left was also awful.

Granted between January and May for one year we were excellent.

ScottB
13-12-2021, 04:47 PM
This was a guy who was dismissed for, well, whatever exactly went on between him, Kamberi and whoever else.

Has no business being anywhere near the club again.

BILLYHIBS
m with you BillyHibs. I don’t think Lennon is a tactical mastermind, but he would never ever ever give a post-match interview as spineless as the one Ross gave after our 1-3 humping by Hearts.
Yip was bad made me think he wasn’t on the same page as us HIBS Radges and his teams performance that night was an absolute disgrace and an embarrassment

Fair play to a Hearts side that the rest of the League was beating for fun

Keith_M
Plastic ears when it came to Stokes then ? :wink:

Maybe I should clarify, it's the 'Stokesy's on Fire' song I was meaning...

...not the one about his Da' ;-)

Booked4Being-Ugly
13-12-2021, 04:48 PM

Yeah, he’d have went awol for a week and his assistant would have to make up a story that he had a cold.

WhileTheChief..
13-12-2021, 04:48 PM
The revisionists have us playing delightful attacking football throughout his tenure. There was an exciting second half to one season (though still lost at Tynecastle twice during that spell), this wasn't typical of his reign though. Remember the promotion season, stumbling along with draw after draw, we got there which is all that mattered, it was certainly turgid though.

You could argue that this applies to both sides of the discussion!

You seem to have a pretty negative view of his time with us, for a lot of us though, it was our favourite ever period as Hibs fans.

Forget results for a second, what cannot be denied is that crowds were up during his spell with us and ER was a far happier place to be for the most part.

The argument appears to be that anyone who wants him back doesn't have a clue or has a crap memory.

That's not the case at all. We just remember things being a damn sight better than they have been recently.

WhileTheChief..
13-12-2021, 04:50 PM
so as it stands 26/180 would be delighted. Wonder how many of that 26 are from across the city.

Aye, we're Hearts fans, you sussed us out :rolleyes:

CraigHibee
13-12-2021, 04:50 PM
No thanks

Iggy Pope
13-12-2021, 04:51 PM
3 months out of 3 years.

The promotion season was an absolute drag, quality wise. We drew so, so many games. The season he left was also awful.

Granted between January and May for one year we were excellent.

3 YEARS? That onceinawhile tag is going to take centuries.

Unseen work
13-12-2021, 04:51 PM
I really don’t want him back but he did make some good signings in fairness

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/judging-all-32-neil-lennons-signings-hibernian-146631?amp

Some not so good like every other managers but some of real quality . The ones recently have been a bit more safe and steady

Allan
Ambrose
Commons
Marciano
Florian Kamberi
Jamie Maclaren
Brandon Barker
Anthony Stokes

Then you have Omeonga and Gauld who never played under him but you’d imagine he would have got the best out of him.

I always liked that he would push the board for better quality and I would be interested to see the signings we would make now we’re in a better position financially.

IngolstadtHarry
13-12-2021, 04:52 PM
Would take Lennon back in a heartbeat. Despite what those with faulty memories are writing, he didn't walk and nor did he 'engineer' his departure.
We could do a lot worse and there would never be a dull moment.

Stevie Reid
13-12-2021, 04:53 PM

His record vs Celtic with us was P 7 W 2 D 2 L 3

Scored 12 goals and conceded 14.

The Modfather
13-12-2021, 05:00 PM
I’d rather get John Collins back. His six pack could maybe inspire us to a cup win.

Keith_M
His record vs Celtic with us was P 7 W 2 D 2 L 3

Scored 12 goals and conceded 14.

Plus he never lost a cup final while in charge of Hibs

BILLYHIBS
Would take Lennon back in a heartbeat. Despite what those with faulty memories are writing, he didn't walk and nor did he 'engineer' his departure.

Only won four of his last 15 games

Started picking weird teams and line ups

He became unpredictable and stopped doing interviews and acted like he didnae want to be here

I am sure Leeann Dempster would disagree with you

WeeRussell
13-12-2021, 05:08 PM

Pathetic

Glad he is gone

That wasn’t me saying we were wrong to get rid of JR. Was just showing how you can make similar statements about JR as the post I quoted did about Lennon.

dchibs
13-12-2021, 05:08 PM
How exactly did we waste money on Simon Murray? We signed him for free, he scored 14 goals in a half a season, we then loaned him for the rest of the season and sold him in the summer.

Scored at Ibrox and against Hertz wasn't that bad a player.

BILLYHIBS
13-12-2021, 05:09 PM
That wasn’t me saying we were wrong to get rid of JR. Was just showing how you can make similar statements about JR as the post I quoted did about Lennon.

I know it

👍🏿

Northernhibee
13-12-2021, 05:15 PM

I was bored rigid by our turgid football in the Championship and in his last few months with us.

May as well get Joe Pasquale in if we want a terrible manager that gives entertaining interviews.

B.H.F.C
13-12-2021, 05:19 PM
I was bored rigid by our turgid football in the Championship and in his last few months with us.

May as well get Joe Pasquale in if we want a terrible manager that gives entertaining interviews.

I can’t ever imagine Joe Pasquale being entertaining.

Magpie
13-12-2021, 05:22 PM
Already this poll suggests that it wouldn’t be taken so well by the majority of support. I don’t think it would be the right appointment based on that. This board are full of surprises though.

Squealing pig
13-12-2021, 05:23 PM
Rather have sdg in til end of season

Northernhibee
13-12-2021, 05:26 PM
I can’t ever imagine Joe Pasquale being entertaining.

Ron Gordon won’t be spoken to in that tone.

Mainstandman
13-12-2021, 05:29 PM
It’s all a ploy to soften us up for Mcinnes. We be glad to get him instead of Lennon

mal
13-12-2021, 05:33 PM

I mentioned in another thread before the sacking that in the 45 seasons since the end of the old two-tier system Hibs only only managed to finish 3rd on 5 occasions, including last season. On none of the previous 4 occasions did we also progress as far in the cups as we did last season.

The 90+2
13-12-2021, 05:33 PM
Yeah, he’d have went awol for a week and his assistant would have to make up a story that he had a cold.

:greengrin :top marks

HendoDelivered
13-12-2021, 05:36 PM
PM’d Jamie Borthwick on the off chance of a reply regarding NL back to Hibs.

His reply: “His agent is certainly working overtime...”

Callum_62
13-12-2021, 05:42 PM
It’s all a ploy to soften us up for Mcinnes. We be glad to get him instead of LennonShouldn't need soften up for mcinnes

Easily one of the best managers available

Billy Whizz
13-12-2021, 05:46 PM
PM’d Jamie Borthwick on the off chance of a reply regarding NL back to Hibs.

His reply: “His agent is certainly working overtime...”

Sounds like Lennon is keen, but Hibs not so

Glory Lurker
13-12-2021, 05:50 PM
No thanks

Since452
13-12-2021, 06:32 PM

He would probably have got his assistant to do it instead

Magpie
13-12-2021, 06:32 PM
Sounds like Lennon is keen, but Hibs not so

EEN stating that Ron Gordon is an admirer of him though or along those lines. Makes you wonder.

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2021, 07:00 PM
Yes please, it could be fun. :thumbsup:

Nakedmanoncrack
13-12-2021, 07:08 PM
You could argue that this applies to both sides of the discussion!

You seem to have a pretty negative view of his time with us, for a lot of us though, it was our favourite ever period as Hibs fans.

Forget results for a second, what cannot be denied is that crowds were up during his spell with us and ER was a far happier place to be for the most part.

The argument appears to be that anyone who wants him back doesn't have a clue or has a crap memory.

That's not the case at all. We just remember things being a damn sight better than they have been recently.

That good spell was one my favourite ever spells as a Hibs fan as well!
It was brief & out of character with the rest of his tenure though, both before and after.

Crowds were up, on the back of the cup win & promotion it felt an optimistic time after being down for so long, its hard to keep that going & the feel good factor had long gone by the time of his demise.

Eyrie
13-12-2021, 07:19 PM
When you look at how his time at Hibs and Celtc, there's a clear case that Lennon won't manage again.

And it certainly won't be here if he does.

heretoday
13-12-2021, 07:28 PM
Sportsound tonight were obviously keen for Lennon to return calling him "box office". Not bothering whether he would be good for us of course.

greenginger
13-12-2021, 07:29 PM
EEN stating that Ron Gordon is an admirer of him though or along those lines. Makes you wonder.

I seem to remember Ron Gordon was in contact with STF for around 3 years before clinching the deal.

He would no doubt be familiar with the team and its performances during the Lennon time in charge.

I’m not sure revisiting previously tried managements would be Ron’s style, but who knows.

Hibees1973
13-12-2021, 08:24 PM
The team under Lennon in 2018 had the best Hibs midfield for over 40 years. McGinn, McGeouch & Allan. It will probably be another 40 years until we get a comparable three all together. It was not Lennon's fault that they all departed at the same time and were impossible to replace at once.

Out of all the managers suggested on here I feel Lennon is one of the better ones. However, I think the players and Dempster tired of Lennon's antics last time (constantly bad mouthing players & winding up the opposition support) and this is why a way was engineered to punt him.

It's impossible to predict if our next manager will be successful. Will Ron try and appoint one that will be popular. But again, this can be a big mistake....i.e Sauzee (hugely popular, but a disastrous appointment) or Mowbray (a meh appointment, but progressive & successful).

I hope Hibs can be more original and appoint someone other than Lennon. But Hibs are at a low point just now and if it is Lennon I would be satisfied and may be what is required at this time.

Any appointment will come with an element of risk. You know what you are getting with Lennon, but it will be a bumpy ride and may not last long.

Nicho87
13-12-2021, 08:26 PM
The team under Lennon in 2018 had the best Hibs midfield for over 40 years. McGinn, McGeouch & Allan. It will probably be another 40 years until we get a comparable three all together. It was not Lennon's fault that they all departed at the same time and were impossible to replace at once.

Out of all the managers suggested on here I feel Lennon is one of the better ones. However, I think the players and Dempster tired of Lennon's antics last time (constantly bad mouthing players & winding up the opposition support) and this is why a way was engineered to punt him.

It's impossible to predict if our next manager will be successful. Will Ron try and appoint one that will be popular. But again, this can be a big mistake....i.e Sauzee (hugely popular, but a disastrous appointment) or Mowbray (a meh appointment, but progressive & successful).

I hope Hibs can be more original and appoint someone other than Lennon. But Hibs are at a low point just now and if it is Lennon I would be satisfied and may be what is required at this time.

Any appointment will come with an element of risk. You know what you are getting with Lennon, but it will be a bumpy ride and may not last long.

And the jack ross method of Constantly backing and defending the players didn’t exactly end well.

Just saying

MWHIBBIES
13-12-2021, 08:27 PM

Lennon did play at least a part in mcgeouch leaving, and certainly should've been able to sign better than Hyndman, Milligan, Mallan and Slivka to replace McGinn. In fact, he pulled a contract from Fyvie who would've been able to fill the Mcgeouch role well imo.

MWHIBBIES
13-12-2021, 08:29 PM
And the jack ross method of Constantly backing and defending the players didn’t exactly end well.

Just saying

Thats what all top managers do really. Stubbs always did it and he achieved more here than Lennon. In fact, Ross also achieved more than Lennon.

Greencore
13-12-2021, 08:32 PM
Lennon did play at least a part in mcgeouch leaving, and certainly should've been able to sign better than Hyndman, Milligan, Mallan and Slivka to replace McGinn. In fact, he pulled a contract from Fyvie who would've been able to fill the Mcgeouch role well imo.
Those were Mathies signings.
And Fyvie is now playing for cove rangers. Lennon done the right thing there, considering Fyvie just wanted more money for his average ability.

loanheadhibby
13-12-2021, 08:36 PM
Totally agree he stated the defeat wasn't as bad as made out.
Lennon would certainly get people talking about the Hibs again.
It may even be fun.

marinello59
13-12-2021, 08:37 PM
And Fyvie is now playing for cove rangers. Lennon done the right thing there, considering Fyvie just wanted more money for his average ability.

Fyvie is much better than average. Like several other players at Cove he could be playing at a higher level but he will be getting a more then decent wage from a pretty ambitious wee club trying to push up the leagues.
Letting him go was a mistake.

MWHIBBIES
13-12-2021, 08:38 PM
Slivka was a recruitment team signing. Not having it that all of them were.
Hibs haven't signed a better midfielder than Fyvie since then Imo. He is where he is now because of injury and family reasons. Great player for Hibs.

Greencore
13-12-2021, 08:39 PM
Fyvie is much better than average. Like several other players at Cove he could be playing at a much higher level but he will be getting a more then decent wage from a pretty ambitious wee club trying to push up the leagues.

Not disputing that. He would be average in this hibs team though.

Greencore
13-12-2021, 08:40 PM
Hibs haven't signed a better midfielder than Fyvie since then Imo. He is where he is now because of injury and family reasons. Great player for Hibs.

You're right, he was a good player for hibs and I'll always love him for passing the ball left for stokes to get a corner. But like you said injury issues and family. I don't think he'd be anywhere near this hibs team after his move to united and then cove.

loanheadhibby
13-12-2021, 08:41 PM
Fraser Fyvie was average. Yet another player you are over hyping. People on the net are finding you out.
Still your optimism is admirable.

Smartie
13-12-2021, 08:45 PM

Just saying

Whilst it was probably too late by then, I thought the time for Jack Ross to throw the players under the bus was after the Livi game.

It has it’s place but should be used incredibly sparingly.

Lennon’s problem was that it was overused and lost it’s impact eventually.

The Harp Awakes
13-12-2021, 08:58 PM
I'd give Lennon the job until the end of the season and see how it goes. Knows the club, knows most of the players and he's more likely to hit the ground running than a coach who's new to the club.

I suspect he'd be a success, but if not we'd have more time to look for a permanent coach close season.

I think if we appointed him this week our chances of winning the Cup on Sunday would increase immediately.

WeeRussell
13-12-2021, 08:58 PM
Fraser Fyvie was average. Yet another player you are over hyping. People on the net are finding you out.

Opinions. I always thought Fyvie’s importance to our team was underplayed and it was Mcgeough (while obviously a good player) that was “overhyped” aside from the fact he was injured an awful lot.

I realise that’s a very unpopular opinion, although not so much now that the whole “it’s a disgrace we let him sign for Aberdeen’ type stuff hasn’t worked out.

Fyvie is a really good footballer. It’s a shame things worked against him like they did in terms of injuries etc

shetlandhibee
13-12-2021, 09:05 PM
I'd give Lennon the job until the end of the season and see how it goes. Knows the club, knows most of the players and he's more likely to hit the ground running than a coach who's new to the club.

I suspect he'd be a success, but if not we'd have more time to look for a permanent coach close season.

I think if we appointed him this week our chances of winning the Cup on Sunday would increase immediately.
:top marksAgree with this wholeheartedly :agree:

CapitalGreen
13-12-2021, 09:10 PM

If he continues where he left off last time then it will go very badly, a return to the Championship awaits.

O'Rourke3
13-12-2021, 09:29 PM
No, no, no, God help us, no.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

The Harp Awakes
13-12-2021, 09:41 PM
If he continues where he left off last time then it will go very badly, a return to the Championship awaits.

Wouldn't happen, particularly because LD and RP are gone, so Lenny would have a clean slate.

Poor recruitment last close season aside, the current squad is decent, but the last 3 months (Semi v Sevco being the exception) the players have lacked motivation and have become too comfortable with poor performances. Lenny would get more out of them IMO.

He also knows many of the Celtic players very well and their weaknesses. Could matter a lot on Sunday.

I think a deal to the end of the season has little risk and potential big rewards.

worcesterhibby
13-12-2021, 09:46 PM
He also knows many of the Celtic players very well and their weaknesses. Could matter a lot on Sunday.

He became an absolute master of discovering Celtics weaknesses!

Magpie
13-12-2021, 09:46 PM

He left us to join a team in the division below us and a couple of seasons later is facing us with a League One team? Mallan although not at McGinn’s level, did perfectly well for us. Won Supporters and Players player of the year.

hibee-boys
13-12-2021, 09:47 PM

First game I took my daughters to, they weren’t back for a while after that🙈😂

Eyrie
13-12-2021, 09:48 PM
He became an absolute master of discovering Celtics weaknesses!

:faf:

13-12-2021, 09:48 PM
He left us to join a team in the division below us and a couple of seasons later is facing us with a League One team? Mallan although not at McGinn’s level, did perfectly well for us. Won Supporters and Players player of the year in a season we finished with the highest points tally in decades.

Wasn't it McGeouch that won it that season? Mallan was the season after.

Magpie
13-12-2021, 09:50 PM
Wasn't it McGeoch that won it that season? Mallan was the season after.

That’s right, I thought it was that season but was wrong, he did win it the season he joined us though.

GreenNWhiteArmy
13-12-2021, 09:58 PM
NL can get to ****

tamig
13-12-2021, 09:58 PM
He left us to join a team in the division below us and a couple of seasons later is facing us with a League One team? Mallan although not at McGinn’s level, did perfectly well for us. Won Supporters and Players player of the year.

He left us with a ridiculously unbalanced midfield. He shot himself in the foot allowing Fyvie to leave. Sure the guy ended up having a torrid time with injuries. That’s the only reason he’s playing at the level he is now.

NAE NOOKIE
13-12-2021, 10:00 PM
Absolutely not. The story was always Neil Lennon and never Hibs, I got sick of Hibs press conferences turning into Celtic press conferences. Towards the end the story was always the same on the park, even playing against teams in a 12 club league, teams he had faced at least twice before in the same season, and yet he still couldn't set up a team to be on the front foot from the word go against them and continually had to change tactics and make subs to counteract stuff he should have seen coming before the first whistle.

And whatever the case was in the end it's pretty clear he not only had no respect for the woman who had done a brilliant job dragging the club up by its boot straps, but that he was also turning into another John Collins.

We should be nowhere near the guy.

tamig
13-12-2021, 10:03 PM
Absolutely not. The story was always Neil Lennon and never Hibs, I got sick of Hibs press conferences turning into Celtic press conferences. Towards the end the story was always the same on the park, even playing against teams in a 12 club league, teams he had faced at least twice before in the same season, and yet he still couldn't set up a team to be on the front foot from the word go against them and continually had to change tactics and make subs to counteract stuff he should have seen coming before the first whistle.

And whatever the case was in the end it's pretty clear he not only had no respect for the woman who had done a brilliant job dragging the club up by its boot straps, but that he was also turning into another John Collins.

We should be nowhere near the guy.
Aberdeen semi a case in point.

Magpie
13-12-2021, 10:04 PM
He left us with a ridiculously unbalanced midfield. He shot himself in the foot allowing Fyvie to leave. Sure the guy ended up having a torrid time with injuries. That’s the only reason he’s playing at the level he is now.

Is that his fault or the recruitment’s fault though? Majority of us won’t know that answer. McGinn, Allan and McGeough were always going to be difficult to replace. We managed to convince Allan back under his management and McGeough fairly left to a bigger club than us on what I expect a better wage. I don’t blame Lennon for the transfers that replaced that midfield.

Fyvie won promotion with us and as far as I’m aware there was a new contract with a deadline for him but he didn’t take it, then decided to go back to the league we just got promoted from, a few months later he gets a nasty injury and is now playing his trade in Scottish League One. Won’t lose sleep over that one.

Hermit Crab
13-12-2021, 10:06 PM
NL can get to ****

Wonderful input. Why do you feel that way?

Magpie
13-12-2021, 10:07 PM

People must dislike him because of their feelings about him as a person. Because as a manager he’s well proven.

tamig
13-12-2021, 10:09 PM
Is that his fault or the recruitment’s fault though? Majority of us won’t know that answer. McGinn, Allan and McGeough were always going to be difficult to replace. We managed to convince Allan back under his management and McGeough fairly left to a bigger club than us on what I expect a better wage. I don’t blame Lennon for the transfers that replaced that midfield.

Fyvie won promotion with us and as far as I’m aware there was a new contract with a deadline for him but he didn’t take it, then decided to go back to the league we just got promoted from, a few months later he gets a nasty injury and is now playing his trade in Scottish League One. Won’t lose sleep over that one.
I think Lennon was the main reason McGeough didn’t stay with us. He should be nowhere near the Hibs dugout again imo. I liked him for most of his time here but his behaviour from the end of the 17/18 season right through to the time he left was unacceptable.

shetlandhibee
13-12-2021, 10:09 PM
SDG backing Lennon in tomos papers :thumbsup: hope they are together on Sunday

Hermit Crab
13-12-2021, 10:12 PM
I think Lennon was the main reason McGeough didn’t stay with us. He should be nowhere near the Hibs dugout again imo. I liked him for most of his time here but his behaviour from the end of the 17/18 season right through to the time he left was unacceptable.

McGeough is a hypochondriac who spent a lot of his time with us in the treatment room with mythical injuries. We couldn't justify keeping him, he's not done much at Aberdeen since joining the, anyway.

Logie Green
13-12-2021, 10:13 PM

The thing that irked me about Fyvie’s situation was that a deadline was set for him to sign by; when he didn’t that was that.

However Stokes took ages to decide he’d return later that summer and NL seemed happy to let him take as long as he wanted. Double standards in my opinion.

PS not having a go at you Magpie.

tamig
13-12-2021, 10:17 PM

What papers? SDG shouldn’t really be making any comment to the media on speculation about possible candidates. Pretty unprofessional of him or naive of him if your comment is true.

Magpie
13-12-2021, 10:17 PM

Lennon gave McGeough his professional debut at Celtic, turned up to his house to get him to sign a contract there if my memory is correct. I’m sure there was a huge amount of respect between the pair.

I don’t mind Lennon and enjoyed his time as manager but I agree, he wouldn’t be the appointment I’d go for.

Magpie
13-12-2021, 10:18 PM
The thing that irked me about Fyvie’s situation was that a deadline was set for him to sign by; when he didn’t that was that.

However Stokes took ages to decide he’d return later that summer and NL seemed happy to let him take as long as he wanted. Double standards in my opinion.

I don’t know the ins and outs, I just go by what was reported and mentioned on here at the time. Stokes was released under Lennon after the trip abroad. I would have been happy to keep Fyvie, I just think it’s strange he left us to go to a championship team. Perhaps money was a factor for him?

No problems mate.

tamig
13-12-2021, 10:19 PM

I think it was well known that Lennon had his favourites who were cut a load more slack than others in the squad.

Magpie

SDG was captain during the Lennon suspension and departure, if he is backing him then that’s good enough for me. I’ll believe it when I see it though.

GreenNWhiteArmy

Tbh it's mostly been covered

I was delighted we appointed him. It felt ambitious after our SC triumph I saw him as a "winner" . He got the job done in the 1st season, and after a less than exciting 6 months in prem had us playing football that had the stands packed and genuinely believing in something special

But the wheels didn't just fall off, the whole car crumbled. Out bursts, throwing players under the bus, team selections, signings. Then how he left. My opinion is it was manufactured to get the celtic job

His sheer arrogance and mentality over celtic's dubai trip. The **** show he was in charge of as celtic comically handed the most important league title in many years to their nearest rival

He's a pound land Jose Mourinho. Works short term but nothing more than a year. And maybe as caretaker he would do a job till end of the season? Someone mentioned it earlier, feels like a pat fenlon to Terry butcher moment

Magpie
13-12-2021, 10:20 PM
I think it was well known that Lennon had his favourites who were cut a load more slack than others in the squad.

Ambrose definitely one of them. He was fantastic for us though.

The Harp Awakes
13-12-2021, 10:28 PM
People must dislike him because of their feelings about him as a person. Because as a manager he’s well proven.

Correct. Demonised by the Huns and the Diet Huns and some Hibs fans as well, judging by some of the emotional comments in the thread.

Lennon's time at Hibs was a rollercoater; some good bits, some bad bits and some ugly bits, but at least life was never dull. I think it's worth a try again for 6 months at least.

WeeRussell
13-12-2021, 10:32 PM

Not necessarily. Jack Ross was well proven as a manager too… he hit a really bad run of form and lost the gig. Same as Lennon.

Why should we be desperate to bring him back and expect it to start working again? He wouldn’t be inheriting the same class squad playing in a league it was far too good for this time around

shetlandhibee
13-12-2021, 10:32 PM
What papers? SDG shouldn’t really be making any comment to the media on speculation about possible candidates. Pretty unprofessional of him or naive of him if your comment is true.
Scotsman , evening news

el_fletch
13-12-2021, 10:34 PM
SDG was captain during the Lennon suspension and departure, if he is backing him then that’s good enough for me. I’ll believe it when I see it though.

Here you go pal

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/neil-lennon-to-hibs-david-gray-has-his-say-on-possible-return-for-ex-celtic-boss-3493463

Magpie
13-12-2021, 10:34 PM
Not necessarily. Jack Ross was well proven as a manager too… he hit a really bad run of form and lost the gig. Same as Lennon.

Why should we be desperate to bring him back and expect it to start working again? He wouldn’t be inheriting the same class squad playing in a league it was far too good for this time around

Lennon has achieved a lot lot more than Ross has in the game. Both left the club after similar runs of form but I would say Lennon was more box office than Ross when joining the club.

I agree I think it would be strange to bring him back in. I would back him 100% though.

Magpie
13-12-2021, 10:36 PM
Here you go pal

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/neil-lennon-to-hibs-david-gray-has-his-say-on-possible-return-for-ex-celtic-boss-3493463

Thanks for that. David obviously has a lot of respect for him and mentions the standard he sets. Interesting week ahead. Can we expect the aeroplane to return on Sunday?

NAE NOOKIE
13-12-2021, 10:37 PM

Sorry but how is he 'well proven' practically everything he's ever won was with Celtic where he had far more resources at his disposal than every other manager in the league outside of Rangers, with the only exception being a championship with Hibs where once again his resources were far in excess of his rivals.

As soon as you put the guy on a level playing field or up against it as he was at Bolton he's no better than average at best and soon runs out of ideas as he did at Hibs in his final season here, at that point his volatility as a person seems to kick in and nobody is immune from his ire.

Anyway, in spite of my post here please lets hope this doesn't turn into yet another Lennon v Non Lennon supporters as it did the last time .... we just don't need it.

leftfield
13-12-2021, 10:38 PM
Short memories. Where were we in the league when Lennon left? How happy with him were the Celtic fans when he was emptied from them? Has he done anything since he left to suggest that he would be capable of turning things round?

el_fletch
13-12-2021, 10:39 PM
Thanks for that. David obviously has a lot of respect for him and mentions the standard he sets. Interesting week ahead. Can we expect the aeroplane to return on Sunday?

Who wouldn't want to see him roar past the celtic end like a Red Arrow on Sunday? 😁

Magpie
13-12-2021, 10:43 PM
Sorry but how is he 'well proven' practically everything he's ever won was with Celtic where he had far more resources at his disposal than every other manager in the league outside of Rangers, with the only exception being a championship with Hibs where once again his resources were far in excess of his rivals.

As soon as you put the guy on a level playing field or up against it as he was at Bolton he's no better than average at best and soon runs out of ideas as he did at Hibs in his final season here, at that point his volatility as a person seems to kick in and nobody is immune from his ire.

Anyway, in spite of my post here please lets hope this doesn't turn into yet another Lennon v Non Lennon supporters as it did the last time .... we just don't need it.

He won 5 league titles as Celtic manager, four Scottish Cups and a league cup. One of the best managerial records in Scottish Football history.

He did pretty well with Celtic in Europe too, last 16 of Champions League after beating Barcelona up there.

Got us promoted and led us to to our highest points tally in the Premiership which was our first season back there after 3 years.

Bolton were in a lot of financial difficulty when he was there.

He is well proven as a manager.

Smartie
13-12-2021, 10:50 PM

As a manager he's got a very mixed record.

He proved something at Celtic last season, not sure it's exactly what you mean though.

And I don't see much in his track record to suggest he has what it takes to turn around our current situation.

Taking over the cup winning team and kicking it on - yep, I could see that and it went well for a while. It all went a bit tits up when he had to rebuild that team though, didn't it?

Magpie
13-12-2021, 10:53 PM
As a manager he's got a very mixed record.

He proved something at Celtic last season, not sure it's exactly what you mean though.

And I don't see much in his track record to suggest he has what it takes to turn around our current situation.

Taking over the cup winning team and kicking it on - yep, I could see that and it went well for a while. It all went a bit tits up when he had to rebuild that team though, didn't it?

Each to their own mate. It’s a game of opinions. I’m sure he’s proud of what he’s achieved in the game as a player and manager, you can only beat what is put in front of you which he did for the majority of his time as Hibs and Celtic manager at least.

Smartie
13-12-2021, 11:02 PM
Each to their own mate. It’s a game of opinions. I’m sure he’s proud of what he’s achieved in the game as a player and manager, you can only beat what is put in front of you which he did for the majority of his time as Hibs and Celtic manager at least.

What nobody can do is airbrush his achievements out.

He’s had success, no doubt.

Who knows, he’s had a bit of time to reflect and might now be better for that.

I’m actually more suspicious of managers who have yet to experience adversity.

Magpie
13-12-2021, 11:07 PM
What nobody can do is airbrush his achievements out.

He’s had success, no doubt.

Who knows, he’s had a bit of time to reflect and might now be better for that.

I’m actually more suspicious of managers who have yet to experience adversity.

As I’ve said on here a few times already, I think it would be strange to appoint him after the manner he left and the bad run we were on. From the poll on this thread it suggests more people would be unhappy than happy with the appointment but after the boards decisions over the past few months I wouldn’t be surprised if it was to happen as the story continues to grow legs and arms.

13-12-2021, 11:19 PM
If it's Lennon, my guess is he'll sign Tony Watt.

Hibs90
13-12-2021, 11:31 PM
He should be nowhere near ER except as a pundit.

I suspect I won’t be either if he’s the new manager. If that makes me less of a supporter so be it. It’ll end in tears and drama.

Magpie
13-12-2021, 11:40 PM
He should be nowhere near ER except as a pundit.

I suspect I won’t be either if he’s the new manager. If that makes me less of a supporter so be it. It’ll end in tears and drama.

Life is too short to let a managerial appointment stop you from supporting the club you love.

WestCoastHibby
13-12-2021, 11:49 PM

Don’t believe everything you read in random forums from random posters who know sfa about what’s actually true

WestCoastHibby
13-12-2021, 11:52 PM
I actually now really hope Lennon gets the job just to stick it in the craw of the whiners on here.
I really wanted to see Jack Ross become a success but alas it’s not going to be with us.
Can we just sit tight and see what happens next

Hibs90
14-12-2021, 12:02 AM
Life is too short to let a managerial appointment stop you from supporting the club you love.

Aye and life is too short to go watch Neil Lennon selection bingo every week as he desperately puts square pegs in round holes trying to find a result like the last few months of his tenure.

Paul1642
14-12-2021, 12:07 AM
When I first heard him linked I thought to myself a) no chance. B) I really hope not!!.

However the more I think about it the more I suddenly want this to happen. I loved his time here (up until the ending which I can forgive). I don’t know what on earth has gotten into this team of good players these last few months but I feel like Lennon might be one to turn us around and give us a good shot at the cup.

Still wish we’d stuck with Jack Ross though.

Haymaker
14-12-2021, 12:32 AM
No, no, and no a ****ing again.

He's absolutely useless

Squealing pig
14-12-2021, 12:33 AM
Big Duncan would be some statement from the club , top coach and takes no ****

HoboHarry
14-12-2021, 01:39 AM
No, no, and no a ****ing again.

He's absolutely useless

Would hate to see him back at Easter Road. Treated us like **** at the end and burned and dynamited his bridges. He can go and get fharked as far as I'm concerned.

The 90+2
14-12-2021, 02:36 AM
Would hate to see him back at Easter Road. Treated us like **** at the end and burned and dynamited his bridges. He can go and get fharked as far as I'm concerned.

:agree::agree:

Dr_Regal
14-12-2021, 03:17 AM
Originally said Naw….but the more I think, give him till end of the season and reassess. We definitely need somemore excitement.

LeithMike
14-12-2021, 03:28 AM
At both Hibs and Celtic (second spell), Lennon took over good teams with forward momentum and steered both teams well. When momentum was lost he turned on both sets of players - fairly publicly. I think John Kennedy is quoted as saying his style worked at Celtic but was problematic at Hibs as Celtic didn't lose many games (until end of second spell). Its also a worry just how bad those teams became. Yes he lost all the players in the best Hibs midfield but it didn't mean that had to become that bad.

He wouldn't be taking over a Hibs team in great shape and with a midfield that is still lightweight and easy dominated - which could mean we see the Lennon of his latter time at Hibs. That could be a disaster. Either way, history points to this ending badly and I'm a way which will need a few years to fix. McInnes would be a far better appointment.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
14-12-2021, 04:37 AM

:faf: ''people on the net are finding you out'' :faf: What are you even talking about you utter plum? You are one of the biggest dafties on here.

Fyvie was a very good player for Hibs. Even you, who probably only started bothering again after 21/5/16 should know that.

Yeah. That Mallan win will probably be his career highlight. Shows how bad we were the season Lennon left tbh.

McGinn left St Mirren to join a team in the division below. Not really that simple is it.

Yorkshire HFC
14-12-2021, 05:11 AM
I couldn't believe it when we got him as manager, and I thought he was a good Hibs manager. So what if something went wrong at the end - it happens, and noone on here knows the background to it. But I don't think returning managers (or players) works out very often - let's move on. And I don't want an interim manager - it just punts the problem of appointing a full time manager down the road.

The board (or whoever is in control) have made half a big decision - they now need to complete the job and get someone to replace Jack Ross.

Since452
14-12-2021, 05:21 AM
Lennon has never taken over a poor team on a low ebb and improved them. He's take over two really good teams and left them bad ones though.

Greencore
14-12-2021, 06:58 AM
Lennon has never taken over a poor team on a low ebb and improved them. He's take over two really good teams and left them bad ones though.

Technically he Improved hibs position from 4th to 1st in the championship. But I get what you mean.

Since90+2
14-12-2021, 07:09 AM
:faf: ''people on the net are finding you out'' :faf: What are you even talking about you utter plum? You are one of the biggest dafties on here.

Fyvie was a very good player for Hibs. Even you, who probably only started bothering again after 21/5/16 should know that.

Yeah. That Mallan win will probably be his career highlight. Shows how bad we were the season Lennon left tbh.

McGinn left St Mirren to join a team in the division below. Not really that simple is it.

Fyvie was average. Nothing more than that.

The fact he signed for League 2 Cove Rangers at age 26 shows he simply wasn't the player you seem to think he was.

Hibernian Verse
14-12-2021, 07:21 AM

The fact he signed for League 2 Cove Rangers at age 26 shows he simply wasn't the player you seem to think he was.

Or it could be the case that Cove were offering more money than anyone else, and was near his family and childhood home. They're chucking money about.

marinello59
14-12-2021, 07:22 AM
Or it could be the case that Cove were offering more money than anyone else, and was near his family and childhood home. They're chucking money about.

:agree:

Since90+2
14-12-2021, 07:25 AM

They're not paying more than a top 6 Scottish club. If he was as good as some suggest he'd have been picked up no problem.

A high quality midfielder, in his prime at 26 and available on a free? Seems like a a no brainer.

Or it could be he simply isn't that good. No top level Scottish footballer signs for a League 2 team in their prime.

blackpoolhibs
14-12-2021, 07:27 AM
I'm going to buck the trend and say, i wont be back if we dont appoint Lennon. :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
14-12-2021, 07:27 AM

The fact he won the fa Cup with Wigan and the Scottish with Hibs tells me he was a great player. Easy to judge a player on one daft fact. My opinion is formed from watching every game he played here.

His club now really isn't relevant to how good he was 5 years ago.

Fratelli
14-12-2021, 07:34 AM
Sorry, absolutely not for me.

We need someone in that will be focused, have a clear head and doesn’t bring baggage to the club.

I couldn’t trust Neil Lennon on any of these points…

Since90+2
14-12-2021, 07:38 AM
The fact he won the fa Cup with Wigan and the Scottish with Hibs tells me he was a great player. Easy to judge a player on one daft fact. My opinion is formed from watching every game he played here.

I'm not sure saying the fact he signed for a team in the 4th tier of Scottish football in his prime is a daft fact. Maybe if it doesn't suit your argument it is.

Bostonhibby
14-12-2021, 07:51 AM

I thought Fyvie was a very decent footballer, maybe he was just bucking the trend of footballers pursuing ever increasing amounts of money and was secure enough already to make the decision to move to the area he did putting other considerations first.

He may not have achieved what people perceived as his potential but maybe he got his success in early and was happy with that?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

we are hibs
14-12-2021, 07:52 AM
At no point did David Gray back Lennon for the Hibs job. He commented on his previous time at the club. Thats it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Weegreenman
14-12-2021, 07:58 AM
Let’s be honest here, whoever we get in will have their work cut out.
They will be expected to play fast flowing attacking attractive football to get the fans back into the stadium. lol

They’ll be expected to get us a third/fourth placed finish. lol
and to a Scottish Cup final spot.

Who the **** in their right mind would want that kind of pressure?

I think the chances of the new manager being as successful as the one we’ve just sacked are extremely slim.

I really hope Ron’s going to back him in the transfer market because whoever gets the job will certainly need all the backing he can get.

LancsHibs
14-12-2021, 08:01 AM
Sorry, absolutely not for me.

We need someone in that will be focused, have a clear head and doesn’t bring baggage to the club.

I couldn’t trust Neil Lennon on any of these points…

Agreed.

Crazyhorse
14-12-2021, 08:06 AM
Let’s be honest here, whoever we get in will have their work cut out.
They will be expected to play fast flowing attacking attractive football to get the fans back into the stadium. lol

They’ll be expected to get us a third/fourth placed finish. lol
and to a Scottish Cup final spot.

Who the **** in their right mind would want that kind of pressure?

I think the chances of the new manager being as successful as the one we’ve just sacked are extremely slim.

I really hope Ron’s going to back him in the transfer market because whoever gets the job will certainly need all the backing he can get.

It will be a challenge for the next guy in.

But I’m assuming the delay is because Ron is running the prospective candidates past Harry Potter?

Speedy
14-12-2021, 08:09 AM
Here you go pal

I don't think that amounts to backing him, or even "having his say" as the headline puts it.

Showing professional respect to a former manager but largely sitting on the fence imo.

Booked4Being-Ugly
14-12-2021, 08:12 AM
I'm going to buck the trend and say, i wont be back if we dont appoint Lennon. :greengrin

Even more of a reason not to. :wink:

Itsnoteasy
14-12-2021, 08:13 AM

Andy Watson won a Cup Winners Cup with Aberdeen. Hardly a great player.

worcesterhibby
14-12-2021, 08:36 AM
OK so the original question is put to bed. 63% of the support would be either Raging or Unhappy if Lennon was brought back and only 28% would be delighted or even content.

Discussion over - as a support we don't want him back.

Since452
14-12-2021, 08:50 AM

Not trying to be pedantic but did Fyvie even play in the FA Cup final? I thought he was a good player. Liked him at Hibs. The biggest mistake of his life was not taking the contract he was offered by us.

Greenworld
14-12-2021, 08:51 AM
Never go back

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

BlackSheep
14-12-2021, 08:53 AM
OK so the original question is put to bed. 63% of the support would be either Raging or Unhappy if Lennon was brought back and only 28% would be delighted or even content.

286 people on an internet forum does not equate to the thousands of supporters around the world i'm afraid.

As with most things web related, you will find that more negative contributors will voice their opinion and often more strongly than those with a positive outlook on such questions...

pacoluna
14-12-2021, 08:57 AM

This a Hibs forum not the Hibs support

pacoluna
14-12-2021, 08:57 AM
Never go back

Seems to have worked for Robbie neileon.

Hibs90
14-12-2021, 09:15 AM
Reading between the lines here of Ben's update

"There has, unsurprisingly, been a lot of interest in the role and speculation in the media regarding the managerial position, and much of this has been wide of the mark."

This pretty much settles it for me. Thank ****.

MacBean
14-12-2021, 09:18 AM

"There has, unsurprisingly, been a lot of interest in the role and speculation in the media regarding the managerial position, and much of this has been wide of the mark."

Agreed, that's how I read it too, and share your sentiments on it too

Brightside
14-12-2021, 09:19 AM
This a Hibs forum not the Hibs support

He would have more support on here than in the general support.

CapitalGreen

He also says he wants a progressive coach so that definitely rules Lennon out.

Northernhibee

Neil Lennon needs us a lot more than we need him.

As in he desperately needs a credible job again and we couldn't possibly need him less at the club.

pacoluna
14-12-2021, 09:21 AM
He would have more support on here than in the general support.

That general support which has dropped dramatically in match day attendances since he left

Heisenberg
14-12-2021, 09:25 AM
That general support which has dropped dramatically in match day attendances since he left

They’ve also dropped since we lost the best midfield we’ve had for many years too. Neil Lennon wouldn’t bring crowds back in their droves by himself.

shetlandhibee
14-12-2021, 09:27 AM
286 people on an internet forum does not equate to the thousands of supporters around the world i'm afraid.

As with most things web related, you will find that more negative contributors will voice their opinion and often more strongly than those with a positive outlook on such questions...
100% fact

BlackSheep
14-12-2021, 09:27 AM
Never go back

The variables are now so different to when Lennon was last at the club.... some positively changed and some negatively, but i would be willing to see him back at the club.

Never say never.

Stokesy's on fire
14-12-2021, 09:29 AM

Disagree Fyvie was quality

Callum_62
14-12-2021, 09:29 AM
Not under consideration according to EEN

No Mcinnes either

CapitalGreen
14-12-2021, 09:30 AM

No Mcinnes either

Sad day for all the Lennon FC fans.

Northernhibee
14-12-2021, 09:32 AM
Disagree Fyvie was quality

Fyvie was a very good player. He's been very unlucky with injuries since leaving us and is apparently quite happy at Cove.

Brightside
14-12-2021, 09:35 AM
Deffo not Lennon. Thank ****.

Since452
14-12-2021, 09:35 AM

No Mcinnes either

Thank Christ for that (Lennon).

chippy
14-12-2021, 09:47 AM
Thank Christ for that (Lennon).

Lennon is being held in reserve for later in the season when the new appointee fails miserably and we need someone to avoid relegation.

Diclonius
14-12-2021, 10:00 AM
Thank god.

blackpoolhibs
14-12-2021, 12:39 PM
booooooooooooooo

Jones28
14-12-2021, 12:40 PM
Gutted

:cb

tmb1875
14-12-2021, 01:52 PM