PDA

View Full Version : New managers first second and third jobs

Stuart93
11-12-2021, 04:55 PM
1. Coach the team to stop crosses

2. Coach the team to defend crosses a lot better

3. Coach the team to go for a 2nd as opposed to seeing the game out

A lot of quality needed in January as well imo. That turned out not to be good viewing today after a comfortable 1st half as well.

The Tubs
11-12-2021, 05:42 PM
Make promising players better. We have players who should be getting better and aren't.

A Hi-Bee
11-12-2021, 05:48 PM
1. Coach the team to stop crosses

2. Coach the team to defend crosses a lot better

3. Coach the team to go for a 2nd as opposed to seeing the game out

A lot of quality needed in January as well imo. That turned out not to be good viewing today after a comfortable 1st half as well.

Really he just needs to be able to get us winning games once more, the quality of the games can come later, first and foremost he has to get us winning games, any old way will do.
Quality costs money that I don't think we have enough of. We can sell players but they have to be replaced by equal or better if we are talking quality, that all costs cash. Our owner may want to get some of his initial outlay back after what would have been a very testing 2 years in business.

Keith_M
11-12-2021, 05:56 PM
Decide that Newell is not an automatic starter.

-- I've nothing against the guy but he can so often be anonymous or contribute very little in a positive way, today being a good example of that.

Teach Gogic how to pass the ball to a team mate.

-- Beyond a joke

Play two up front.

seanshow
11-12-2021, 06:12 PM
Get as much money as you can selling Porteous and Nisbet, play Doidge and the new american guy with Boyler helping up front, and crucially buy 2 of the Best centre halves you can afford, put PH & DM as back up.

Frazerbob
11-12-2021, 06:51 PM
Make Porteous captain and build the team round him.

HibeeSince85
11-12-2021, 06:54 PM
Decide that Newell is not an automatic starter.

-- I've nothing against the guy but he can so often be anonymous or contribute very little in a positive way, today being a good example of that.

Teach Gogic how to pass the ball to a team mate.

-- Beyond a joke

Play two up front.

SDG said in the post match interview that he gave him the armband to try and get a little bit more from him. I agree, he needs to know his place isnt guaranteed. Not many other options though.

Stuart93
11-12-2021, 07:16 PM
SDG said in the post match interview that he gave him the armband to try and get a little bit more from him. I agree, he needs to know his place isnt guaranteed. Not many other options though.

I had a feeling this is why he was made captain today. It had little to no effect on the way he played. Pretty anonymous again.

gbhibby
11-12-2021, 08:40 PM
1.Improve players fitness

2.Teach the high pressing game

3. Sort out throw ins

Keith_M
11-12-2021, 08:42 PM

Thanks, I didn't hear his interview, but that makes sense

I had a feeling this is why he was made captain today. It had little to no effect on the way he played. Pretty anonymous again.

Yeah, I've backed the guy before but I wasn't overly impressed with him today.

Stuart93
11-12-2021, 09:06 PM
Thanks, I didn't hear his interview, but that makes sense

Yeah, I've backed the guy before but I wasn't overly impressed with him today.

I’m the same, I like Newell but we’ve been waiting for a while now for him to have a standout game. He’s far too hot and cold

JimBHibees
11-12-2021, 10:12 PM

Thought that was a strange decision would have definitely given it to Ryan